PDA

View Full Version : Nice restaurant to go for dinner without being seen

macmillan
12-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Any bros here have suggestions for nice restaurants to go to bring mistress/gfs etc where unlikely to be seen by people you know?

Not talking about like super fine dining or anything like that. Just nice ambience and romantic enough, good food

evolve
12-06-2019, 10:34 PM
Oversea u can hire Chef to ur place, I wonder if Singapore got Chef that u can hire for 1 meal.

macmillan
12-06-2019, 10:39 PM
Feel a bit guilty doing it in the marital home..

anyway why involve a third party? The chef is a witness

Oversea u can hire Chef to ur place, I wonder if Singapore got Chef that u can hire for 1 meal.

Kid A
12-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Try Una at Alkaff Mansion (second floor). Quiet, out of the way and if the evening goes well, the car park can host a dessert course.

Peace,

Kid A

sony2002
12-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Book a nice hotel with nice view/balcony and then call room service?

macmillan
12-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Thanks man. sounds brilliant!

Try Una at Alkaff Mansion (second floor). Quiet, out of the way and if the evening goes well, the car park can host a dessert course.

Peace,

Kid A

MaoMaoChong
13-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Nox - Dine in the Dark
259 Beach Rd

It is so dark you cant even see what you eating.

splitwhale
13-06-2019, 12:31 AM
Check out these remotely located / out of the way restaurants without burning too big a pocket hole :D

A) Blue Lotus @ Sentosa Cove
B) The Knolls @ Capella
C) Royal Albatross Sunset Sail Dinner
D) Ulu Ulu Safari Resturant @ SG Zoo.
E) Open Farm Community

NottyMonkey
13-06-2019, 04:07 AM

Peace,

Kid A
Good intro Bro. upped you.:)

MaraGuru
13-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Any bros here have suggestions for nice restaurants to go to bring mistress/gfs etc where unlikely to be seen by people you know?

Not talking about like super fine dining or anything like that. Just nice ambience and romantic enough, good food

President Suite - room service

r.fowler
13-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Peace,

Kid A

i thought they are only open only for private function? everything passed by, they are closed.

OsamaBinLaden
13-06-2019, 05:46 PM
actually if u ask here and get replies then the restaurant wont be so discreet anymore right... :confused: :confused:

anyway one option for u is a restaurant called the halia... go google for its location... its a lil pricey though... but discreet and very nice and romantic ambience

or u can always try private dining

ourworld
13-06-2019, 06:37 PM
There are many nice restaurant in spore,,
But the thing is, how you define discreet?
It can be a discreet restaurant for you
But how you know your friends or colleague won’t dine there?
And if any restaurant which is that discreet that nobody knows,
It would have closed down oredi,,, which restaurant opens but doesn’t wants customers ley??

It’s depending on your luck la,,,
If you are lucky, go kopitian also won’t bump into familiar faces,,
If you unlucky, go hotel room also might be seen,,,

Safest is to book a room and have room service inside la,,,
If not probably W hotel at Sentosa,,, It is very deep inside Sentosa Cove,,
Chances of seeing familiar faces is lower,,,

otamay
13-06-2019, 11:21 PM
After seeing so many recommendations, I think room service is the best option.

sequence79
13-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Perhaps find those restaurants and that have private rooms

Aware66
14-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Check out these remotely located / out of the way restaurants without burning too big a pocket hole :D

A) Blue Lotus @ Sentosa Cove
B) The Knolls @ Capella
C) Royal Albatross Sunset Sail Dinner
D) Ulu Ulu Safari Resturant @ SG Zoo.
E) Open Farm Community

Good recommendations! Have been to a couple and I must say, they are good. Will check out the rest!

macmillan
14-06-2019, 02:01 PM
For a first or second date, hotel room might be too presumptuous

I’m not talking about a paid girl here haha

After seeing so many recommendations, I think room service is the best option.

saltwet
14-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Nice restaurant that not being seen will eventually crowded with people who see.
Best is go for room service or short overseas trips

unsung80
14-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Book the entire restaurant you like! Discreet enough?

r.fowler
14-06-2019, 05:48 PM

then find one nice restaurant with a decent priced hotel nearby. if you strike gold, love is just round the corner.

diputs1269
14-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Yes, I think should be fb so must take precautions.

rey69
15-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Go changi airport & dine at the transit restaurant.
Should be v discreet ...... but pls dont buy I-phone.
Else, repeat of crimewatch.

macmillan
15-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Just to update all. I thought more about it and realised hotel restaurants are better. Unlikely to bump into many people there because the food tends to be expensive for what it is

Of course discreet = low risk, not no risk. i wasnt saying we should look for a completely empty restaurant...

otamay
15-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Just to update all. I thought more about it and realised hotel restaurants are better. Unlikely to bump into many people there because the food tends to be expensive for what it is

Of course discreet = low risk, not no risk. i wasnt saying we should look for a completely empty restaurant...

Very true and they way they designed have some cosy corner very private, good luck.

tiahborlang
16-06-2019, 12:25 PM
I specially recommend 4 star hotel near Expo.
U can book 1 superior room for 5 hr ( total charge-$117.7 + refundable deposit-$50)
The room come with small kitchen ur mistress can cook meal for both of u
U can guess which hotel😉

nycheong
16-06-2019, 02:24 PM

I can arrange a private room for you at Dempsey.

nycheong
16-06-2019, 02:27 PM
239195Perhaps find those restaurants and that have private rooms

Nice room at Dempsey

ZanShen
16-06-2019, 03:35 PM

You are spot on. A friend of mine brought his Partime girlfriend to Crown Hotel’s pub/Resturant, chose a discreet table and rubba all the way!

If the feel is there for both, you could easily get a room upstairs or go for a car ride in east coast far far away carpark. Provided she is on the wild side.hehe

Bearybear
17-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Try Rochester park area. Or changi beach.

r.fowler
17-06-2019, 04:56 PM
personally, i prefer Robertson Quay area.. a lot of eateries and drinking places... if you are in luck with your girls, then there are several hotels nearby, not expensive too.

zorro2zero
18-06-2019, 06:58 PM
North
Woody Family Bar ( Buried In landed estate at Sembawang park, with the Super famous buffalo wing. But be prepare the price is on the high side)

Rasa istimewa waterfront ( Just next to the border of singapore and Jb. Can enjoy the scenery. Price wise I would say quite reasonable)

Beaulieu house ( Just inside Sembawang park. Old colonial style building. After dinner still can go romantic near the beach. Price is good, just abit more then dine in coffee shop )

Flamingg Mangos ( another F&B in the landed estate. A decent restaurant with nice ambiance. Take note Non aircon. Food and price I would say above average and affordable)

lucuher
19-06-2019, 09:25 AM
I specially recommend 4 star hotel near Expo.
U can book 1 superior room for 5 hr ( total charge-$117.7 + refundable deposit-$50)
The room come with small kitchen ur mistress can cook meal for both of u
U can guess which hotel😉

Which one? Is that the Capri? I am looking for a hotel for "short term", that is ideally not H81 or Lavender:) 100 can do :)

zorro2zero
23-06-2019, 12:45 PM
East
La Cantina in Venezia (Level 8 of Village Hotel Changi, million dollar view if u choose the right seat. Food and price will be afforable. )

Changi Sailing Club, Coachman Inn Restaurant
(Restaurant open to public dining, Serene tranquil peace but food and drink on the high side. Good part, not alot of ppl will know about this place.)

Gurame Indonesian Restaurant ( Need to GPS this place it's not the easiest place to get to, authentic Indonesian in a casual alfresco dining setting by the sea. Price was reasonable and food is good. )

serieA
23-06-2019, 01:34 PM
There are many nice restaurant in spore,,
But the thing is, how you define discreet?
It can be a discreet restaurant for you
But how you know your friends or colleague won’t dine there?
And if any restaurant which is that discreet that nobody knows,
It would have closed down oredi,,, which restaurant opens but doesn’t wants customers ley??

Now I knew where is nice and not seen.

Cheers.

diputs1269
23-06-2019, 02:30 PM
East
La Cantina in Venezia (Level 8 of Village Hotel Changi, million dollar view if u choose the right seat. Food and price will be afforable. )

(Restaurant open to public dining, Serene tranquil peace but food and drink on the high side. Good part, not alot of ppl will know about this place.)

Gurame Indonesian Restaurant ( Need to GPS this place it's not the easiest place to get to, authentic Indonesian in a casual alfresco dining setting by the sea. Price was reasonable and food is good. )

Good recommendations here worth checking out, cheers!

tiahborlang
23-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Yes, it is Capri -4 star hotel.
11 am to 5pm -$100 for room where you can go gym, swim, have meal in hotel.

Another 4 star hotels- Mercure at Stevens Road,
11 am to 6pm -$100

Dorsett (very convenient, just located above Outram MRT station-
9am to 5pm -$110

Which one? Is that the Capri? I am looking for a hotel for "short term", that is ideally not H81 or Lavender:) 100 can do :)

tiahborlang
23-06-2019, 02:39 PM

OMG, Coachman Inn!! Last time, our family dined there in Alexandra area, I love the roast beef there.. I thought Coachman Inn stop its biz here..
Thanks, I will find chance to visit this restaurant..
Just check menu online - beef steak range from $30 to $50

Whatford
23-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Wow so many places mentioned by bros!! :D

bochapsing
24-06-2019, 12:42 AM

11 am to 6pm -$100

9am to 5pm -$110

nice share... thanks bro..

otamay
24-06-2019, 11:42 PM

11 am to 6pm -$100

9am to 5pm -$110

Very informative here and thanks for sharing.

zorro2zero
26-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Cosmo - NTU campus.
Right in NTU. Open to visitor. Not alot of ppl know about unless study at NTU. hehe

Raffles Marina Bistro - 10 Tuas West Drive, Raffles Marina
Close to the 2nd link checkpoint, Great views of harbor. It's out of the way and not in walking distance of anything. Food and price is reasonable.

Bistro @ Gardenasia - 240 Neo Tiew Crescent
Right inside LCK. It's also out of the way, need to have transport and Closed at 5.30pm.
Take NOTE: If you don't like dogs be warned, it is very dog friendly as the owner has gone out of his way to rescue many local breed and dogs just abandoned in the area.
Food and price i will say very fair and great.

Bollywood Veggies - 100 Neo Tiew Rd
Same as Above, Right inside LCK. so pls be prepare. and also closed early. It was the perfect escape from the city.

lancelim
26-06-2019, 05:17 PM
If the hotel restaurant is too popular also no good. Also easy to bump into familiar faces.

It also helps if you have hotel membership or credits. Easy to get a room if needed afterwards.

Eating at hawker also not bad. I once met a JC girl and we had dinner at a hawker centre. She complained she smelled like food and smoke after that. Hinted her to clean up at nearby 81/Fragrance. End up banging her all night in the uniform she had changed out of after school.

Memories of the one IC days.

lancelim
26-06-2019, 05:19 PM

11 am to 6pm -$100

9am to 5pm -$110

Dorsett is nice but walls a bit thin. Was there for ”NS duty” and my sergeant say my room was a bit loud lol.

coypredator
26-06-2019, 05:32 PM

11 am to 6pm -$100

9am to 5pm -$110

Can you pre-book this? or have to be there to book?

otamay
26-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Thanks for sharing many lobangs here.

zorro2zero
28-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Here a link to some hidden place.

https://thesmartlocal.com/read/hidden-restaurants

Enjoy

tiahborlang
28-06-2019, 09:02 PM
it is better to book in advance so that Reservation Team can allocate the room.

Do you know it is not easy to manage which room to allocate?

You can use the website to book in advance.
https://www.dayuse.sg/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvqQnJ2M4wIV1wRyCh2PaQSqEAAYASA AEgJEKfD_BwE

Can you pre-book this? or have to be there to book?

Aware66
24-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Any nice drinking place serving soju and korean fried chicken around north east, punggol area, that open till late to recommend ?

Oldman13
24-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Hi. Hijack the thread. Looking for a nice place with nice view for lunch for the weekend. Any recommendations? Thanks.

lionel65
24-07-2019, 10:52 PM
there are a few small restaurants near faber drive in the west near clementi. it is nested around houses so less people are there. need to drive there though.

another trick I learnt is to have a table for 4. if you meet someone you know, you can say that another friend was supposed to turn up but fail to.

:)

MaoSanWang
25-07-2019, 12:15 PM
I found this place quite far out and cozy as well..

Coastal Settlement
200, Netheravon Road, Singapore 508 529
https://www.thecoastalsettlement.com/

Bearybear
25-07-2019, 02:13 PM
it is better to book in advance so that Reservation Team can allocate the room.

Do you know it is not easy to manage which room to allocate?

You can use the website to book in advance.
https://www.dayuse.sg/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvqQnJ2M4wIV1wRyCh2PaQSqEAAYASA AEgJEKfD_BwE

Solid post!