PDA

View Full Version : what are the risks of kissing an ML or FL?

kraam
28-12-2018, 12:23 AM
what kind of STDs or STIs or other nasty things can be transmitted? is it a risky activity? is there a need to go for a check-up?

can herpes be transmitted through kissing? if it does indeed gets transmitted, usually how long will the symptoms take to appear?

Thanks.

sammyboyfor
28-12-2018, 03:15 AM
what kind of STDs or STIs or other nasty things can be transmitted? is it a risky activity? is there a need to go for a check-up?

can herpes be transmitted through kissing? if it does indeed gets transmitted, usually how long will the symptoms take to appear?

Thanks.

https://www.std-gov.org/blog/can-get-std-kissing/

Contents

Can you get an STD from kissing?

STDs that can be transmitted through kissing

Herpes
Hepatitis B
Syphilis
HPV (warts)

Bear in mind that most people who catch Herpes never have any symptoms so even though you have caught the virus you have no way of knowing unless you go for a blood test.

Incubation period for STDs.

sammyboyfor
28-12-2018, 03:21 AM
I would also like to emphasise that the risk of catching Herpes exists even if you're kissing a virgin.

That is because in most cases Herpes is transmitted to children by caregivers long before they are sexually active.

kraam
28-12-2018, 11:35 AM
I would also like to emphasise that the risk of catching Herpes exists even if you're kissing a virgin.

That is because in most cases Herpes is transmitted to children by caregivers long before they are sexually active.

what if i used Listerine to gargle my mouth soon after i kissed the ML or FL?

will it help or not?

sammyboyfor
28-12-2018, 11:42 AM
what if i used Listerine to gargle my mouth soon after i kissed the ML or FL?

will it help or not?

No it won't because the virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact so when an infected lip touches your lip transmission can take place.

By the time you start gargling it is far too late to do anything.

kraam
28-12-2018, 03:28 PM
No it won't because the virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact so when an infected lip touches your lip transmission can take place.

By the time you start gargling it is far too late to do anything.

have you come across any forum bros here who caught anything nasty by this form of transmission?

sammyboyfor
29-12-2018, 02:06 AM
have you come across any forum bros here who caught anything nasty by this form of transmission?

No but that does not mean it can't happen.

Catching an STD is a result of a combination of factors and luck (or lack of) is one of them.