PDA

View Full Version : Reputation pts, upping and zapping

shawn_mib
29-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Sometime, i've seen ppl doing everything they can to gain reputation pts, some ppl dying to gain more of it and other curse becos they are kanna zap of their hard earn pts...

Just kind of wonder, who come out with such a "brilliant" ideal anyway, wat the used of this reputation pts system anyway??? Give those so call snr bro a chance to zap ppl when they are not happy or up sum1 if they manage to make the snr bro feel high with their stories and pic and videos. or making life miserable for the newbies, cos whenever they say sumthing, as long as it doesn't help the snr bro here to PCC it's consider wrong and will surely be zapped.

think lotsa zapping coming my way, but who cares it time for those with low reputation pts to make a stand. sumtime, i should say most of the time those wif power to zap are not reali that snr anyway.:rolleyes:

coronaviridae
29-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Just kind of wonder, who come out with such a "brilliant" ideal anyway, wat the used of this reputation pts system anyway???

think lotsa zapping coming my way, but who cares it time for those with low reputation pts to make a stand. sumtime, i should say most of the time those wif power to zap are not reali that snr anyway.

If you take bother to take time to read some of the threads started by the forum owner, you will not be asking such "brilliant" question. :o

I agree you have the right of free of speech and to stand up to what you think is right. However, please bear in mind this is cyber. Why worried about getting zap? Enjoy it and have fun.

I am sure you have noticed that certain newbies are being zapped and other are slowly getting their rep points added. Yes, there zappers going round doing their daily work but end of the day how many points can they zap? If one is here to enjoy and contribute, points will surely be added. :)

no_faith
29-05-2007, 09:18 PM
dun ask for it;)

geckoSG
30-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Yupz... Dun ask for points... For me, I will zapp those who asked me to Uppz
them... I uppz people based on the contents that they publish.

xinjiang
30-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I hv read the thread by BOSS on pts, I think it is necessary though there are cons that are unavoidable ,.... better to hv a system that let everybody run amok .... there are definitely seniors who hv nothing better to do than going around zapping newbies assuming they are clones .... me also kena zapped ... but they think I care .... they so call zap clones ... haha, what a joke, they themselves using clones to zap you ... so they as seniors can hv clones??? what for, so they can maintain themselves as lao jiao (points equates power) and moderate this forum ... haha, if they want power, just donate money to BOSS and be mod lor

littleme
30-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I hv read the thread by BOSS on pts, I think it is necessary though there are cons that are unavoidable ,.... better to hv a system that let everybody run amok .... there are definitely seniors who hv nothing better to do than going around zapping newbies assuming they are clones .... me also kena zapped ... but they think I care .... they so call zap clones ... haha, what a joke, they themselves using clones to zap you ... so they as seniors can hv clones??? what for, so they can maintain themselves as lao jiao (points equates power) and moderate this forum ... haha, if they want power, just donate money to BOSS and be mod lor

Don't lose sleep over it. These points don't redeem for free geylang voucher so why be irritated about zaps. Enjoy the forum as it is.. this is a free cyber world.

sundial
30-05-2007, 09:25 AM
This point system is juz like an cheap trill ego booster.
Personally I dont really care as the points cannot be exchange for stuff unlike airline frequent flyer points.
Unless the point systems comes out with a reward system e.g. 10,000 pts for an exchange with a one nite with some TCS star that would be GREAT !!

by and large this is a lousy system

Castrol
30-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Just kind of wonder, who come out with such a "brilliant" ideal anyway, wat the used of this reputation pts system anyway???

some said it was shaka zulu who came up with the reputation pts system to reward his zulu warriors in the 1800s. but shaka zulu diap many of them till -999 becos they spewed out too much F words whenever they sat down to comb hair. the rest of the other warriors were busy chasing around to up each other on the african fields everyday.

today, those warriors are called samsters and nothing's changed. :D

Xiao Hei
30-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Anway I think this pts thingy is very sensitive, always get zapped one ... better stopped it ..

ace7788
30-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Yupz... Dun ask for points... For me, I will zapp those who asked me to Uppz
them... I uppz people based on the contents that they publish.

Just a little note.

You dun have any rep power leh - i doubt anyone will ask you for points, at this moment :D

JWNY
30-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Very informative indeed your story bro :)

JWNY

Looksee
30-05-2007, 11:59 AM
every few months a new thread is started on tis topic.....

buay sian meh?

insanity
30-05-2007, 12:02 PM
as long as it doesn't help the snr bro here to PCC it's consider wrong and will surely be zapped.

i should say most of the time those wif power to zap are not reali that snr anyway.:rolleyes:

What u said is quite true.

geckoSG
30-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Upping & Zapping is part and parcel of this forum. What you say may not be pleasing to the ear to some. Just get used to it and enjoy the stay. No point
being so sensitive about points going up or down... :D

shawn_mib
31-05-2007, 09:21 PM
some said it was shaka zulu who came up with the reputation pts system to reward his zulu warriors in the 1800s. but shaka zulu diap many of them till -999 becos they spewed out too much F words whenever they sat down to comb hair. the rest of the other warriors were busy chasing around to up each other on the african fields everyday.

well done... too bad i dun have power to up u.... it the best story i have seen so far in sammyboi :)

Frankiestine
31-05-2007, 09:40 PM
wah piang u dare ask who come up with this system...ask yourself who owns this forum lor...aiyah to address this rep system...ya lah we also understand the difficulties you guys faced, some of them before can take off kena shot down...dun even have a chance for test flight...

maybe what the boz can do is to tweak the system again lor in particular for newbies, so that zapping cannot will not work until they amass a certain amount of rep pts ie 25 to 30...so lidat cannot say they no chance of survivor in this pt zap pt world of SBF..

Frankiestine
31-05-2007, 09:44 PM
what a joke, they themselves using clones to zap you ... so they as seniors can hv clones??? what for, so they can maintain themselves as lao jiao (points equates power) and moderate this forum

Actually lidat si bei bo eng...have to keep changing personality and assume a new persona each time they use different nick...not scare wait develop multi personality syndrome...

goofybaby69
31-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Sometime, i've seen ppl doing everything they can to gain reputation pts, some ppl dying to gain more of it and other curse becos they are kanna zap of their hard earn pts...

bro, do a search on Fattyman & Manow's posting. very interesting.
u may join the fattyman club.

Frankiestine
31-05-2007, 09:51 PM
bro, do a search on Fattyman & Manow's posting. very interesting.
u may join the fattyman club.

so u support their destructive manner of posting? actually they are not wrong in some of the things they bring up...but unfortunately they do it in such a negative way, nobody listen to them...

goofybaby69
31-05-2007, 10:32 PM
so u support their destructive manner of posting? actually they are not wrong in some of the things they bring up...but unfortunately they do it in such a negative way, nobody listen to them...

I respect them for their courage to speak up against those who abused the pt system and defend those who were victimised by mass zapping and bullied.

S3vw
01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
some said it was shaka zulu who came up with the reputation pts system to reward his zulu warriors in the 1800s. but shaka zulu diap many of them till -999 becos they spewed out too much F words whenever they sat down to comb hair.
ha ha ha ha ha....;)
shaka zulu = Ah sam....:confused:

S3vw
01-06-2007, 12:39 AM
every few months a new thread is started on tis topic.....

buay sian meh?

bo bian sch. holiday started liao....

new30
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I do know that some pple in here needed points to get contact for .... u all know lar.
So that y some pple out there are dieing to get their numbers moving....

A simplest way to make your point grow faster... post more movie clips...

The points means nothing... Getting more wont make your penis longer & losting u wont loose a inch off it too :D

EvilInside
01-06-2007, 03:32 AM
The points means nothing... Getting more wont make your penis longer & losting u wont loose a inch off it too :D

Agree with what u say...hehe But for newbies pts is a requiste to get FL contact or even ask for movie clips...:D

EvilInside
01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Just a little note.

You dun have any rep power leh - i doubt anyone will ask you for points, at this moment :D

Bro, what is the diff between power and rep pts? Does rep pts able to covert to power???:cool:

tomvoyeur
01-06-2007, 04:04 AM
Bro, what is the diff between power and rep pts? Does rep pts able to covert to power???

Unfortunately no.....Btw u can refer to the following thread for more info...

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=21518

PS: Most of the senior bros dislike repetitive threads like this, so u may find it a better option to post ur view/query on this topic in the above thread...Cheers! :)

newbadass
01-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I think you all newbies are expecting too much of the high-pointers.

Come on, just because people have high rep points and power doesn't mean they have the class to use that power in a responsible manner. High reputation does not necessarily come with intelligence or maturity.

My words are harsh but truthful; in this forum, without this lame cyber-reputation crap, you are NOTHING. Seniors will stick their cocks into your open mouths and you will be forced to suck them dry and even swallow. You will be zapped for every innocent remark.

But there is a bright side! By and by, your rep power will increase. Soon, people will stop zapping you and may even beg you to up them. Soon, instead of complaining about the system, you will be able to sit around and TCSS until you song-song, make stupid remarks about "school holiday" everytime a newbie posts something you don't like, and zap people to your heart's content.

Sam meant it to be this way. There is no fairness, so don't expect any. Instead of complaining about the double standards, use them to your advantage!

Frankiestine
01-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I respect them for their courage to speak up against those who abused the pt system and defend those who were victimised by mass zapping and bullied.

it is not wrong to speak up but do it in a constructive manner....but by and by mass zapping for the wrong reason is not condone by the boss himself..and also clones...he should know if really clones at work or not after all he owns this place and we have to play by his rules whether we like it or not...and doesn't mean he the boss he won't get mass zapped...same like us he also kena before but of cos he also play dirty lah...the more rep pts he lose, the more powerful his power increased...so we all bo bian also have to accept it...

Optimus_Prime
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Sometime, i've seen ppl doing everything they can to gain reputation pts
I hv read the thread by BOSS on pts
This point system is juz like an cheap trill ego booster.
I respect them for their courage to speak up
All those talking abt the rep pts system are those w/o any rep power yet. Would they be singing a diff tune a year from now when they have got the required rep pts to reach rep power :rolleyes:

It's a cycle... a year later another thread like this will pop up. And those disuading the newbies then abt the rep system could be the bros above..

And now the circle is complete - Darth Vader

tomvoyeur
01-06-2007, 08:15 PM
It's a cycle... a year later another thread like this will pop up. And those disuading the newbies then abt the rep system could be the bros above..

Haha...cool observation! Guess I haven't complete my cycle yet...Cya next year at the same thread! :p

David_Ginola
01-06-2007, 08:50 PM
All those talking abt the rep pts system are those w/o any rep power yet. Would they be singing a diff tune a year from now when they have got the required rep pts to reach rep power :rolleyes:

Bro tks for highlighting....cheers

Vectra
02-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Sam meant it to be this way. There is no fairness, so don't expect any. Instead of complaining about the double standards, use them to your advantage!

Haha what u said is what we as old bird experience in the younger days. And I believe a "entry level" should be set in this manner where newcomers growth and become "tuned" the way this forum. Frankly speaking I dun see anything with my massive point which I started to accumulate just 3-4 years ago. In fact I have been doing favor for newbies to reach the 25pts mark so that they can the sharing of contacts or movies clips.

But one thing I dislike is FR posted has now changed. Ppl are not so vested to share the FR and just merely write in brief. The earlier days FR are written like stories in the "Adult Discussion About Sex". I missed this part most.:cool:

Cheers!

Vectra
02-06-2007, 03:20 AM

Bro, how u you these days? Long time no meet u in the thread and surprise to see u here ;)

Cheers!

Shuang_Jie_Gun
02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Bro, what is the diff between power and rep pts? Does rep pts able to covert to power???:cool:

in the past yes,every 100pts also equal to 1 power but that has changed liao.