PDA

View Full Version : Starting Business in Bangkok

saxromeo
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I wanna operate a business in Bangkok. But i heard it can be quite complex,i need to have a thai national to own at least 50% of the company shares.Is that true?
Does anyone here knows the procedures to start a office in Thailand ?

bhs72
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi there,

You may like to make a trip to Thai embassy, they will advise.

However, as far as i know, not that easy to open up a company thee, due to the local directorship and shareholding requirement.

Might have changed, am not sure. Hope it helps.

saxromeo
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Yup. thats wat i understand.Last check,a thai director must be employed. they sorta have a "close door policy" which deters overseas investor. Thanks for the advise though.

MisterSportivo
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
thai must hv majorirty share and at least 6 or 7 thai shareholder.

ahyong
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
i think the max u only can hold only 49% if i m not wrong 51% will become to your thai partners

bkkguy
12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I wanna operate a business in Bangkok. But i heard it can be quite complex,i need to have a thai national to own at least 50% of the company shares.Is that true?

What business you have in mind ? :rolleyes:

KhunVi
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM

It depends on what kind of business you are looking at.

I work alot with SUNBELT in trying to establish myself in the country. ;)

linnaohia1
12-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Must be sex related biz rite, if not shouldnet be asked in this forum ....

bkkguy
12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
It depends on what kind of business you are looking at.

I work alot with SUNBELT in trying to establish myself in the country. ;)

You bought a business with Sunbelt ??

Personally, I find that their listed businesses are not that cheap.

KhunVi
12-05-2007, 09:23 PM
You bought a business with Sunbelt ??

Personally, I find that their listed businesses are not that cheap.

YES!

It's never easy owning any business in a foreign land. If I want the easy way, I guess $ is the option. I do know that by starting up on my own, it may be only 50% of what I am paying for but then I need SUNBELT's business and legal expertises to protect my rights as a partner / owner for the thai business.

I can't expect to get any true help from SB Forum, searching the internet, or from whatever tirak or thai friends I have, right? :rolleyes:

Eastpipper
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
must be sex industry biz...if not wait to be zap nia...
:D

bkkguy
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
YES!

It's never easy owning any business in a foreign land. If I want the easy way, I guess $ is the option. I do know that by starting up on my own, it may be only 50% of what I am paying for but then I need SUNBELT's business and legal expertises to protect my rights as a partner / owner for the thai business.

I can't expect to get any true help from SB Forum, searching the internet, or from whatever tirak or thai friends I have, right? :rolleyes:

Don't mind me asking what kind of business you bought ?;)

humpcheepang
12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Yup. thats wat i understand.Last check,a thai director must be employed. they sorta have a "close door policy" which deters overseas investor. Thanks for the advise though.

Jus like Malaysia, you need to employ an "Ah Gong" as director, give him shares too.......

High till Dry
12-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Threadstarter should have posted his thread in international section since we also have threads with regards to food, accomodation and currency exchange in Thailand...

steroidfreak
13-05-2007, 01:28 AM
yes, it is not easy to operate in thailand,

my company set up a office there and need to hire the native as the in charge, in fact, the company is under his name...and even if he was sacked, our company need to pay him till a certain date...

you know of the shin corp deal rite?

china and thai is not a good place to do business, you need local contacts there..to be safe.

CeiResident
13-05-2007, 05:15 PM
i think the max u only can hold only 49% if i m not wrong 51% will become to your thai partners

Waiting for u to save up and venture deep into maisai bro.....

saxromeo
13-05-2007, 08:04 PM
What business you have in mind ? :rolleyes:

I am currently running a IT and Audio Visual business in Singapore and intend to expand across Asia. So checkin out opportunities in different parts of asia.
Thailand seems like it does really welcome oversea investor.
DOes the rule of thai shareholders apply if its a branch office ?

justl00king
13-05-2007, 08:38 PM
YES!
I do know that by starting up on my own, it may be only 50% of what I am paying for but then I need SUNBELT's business and legal expertises to protect my rights as a partner / owner for the thai business.

Bro,

Is it 100% ownership? Do agree that getting knowledgable people there to help with legal and ground work will be ideal. Pay more but peace of mind.

Can share what biz by PM if confidential? :D

Maybe we can join venture? :eek: