PDA

View Full Version : Raid in Geylang (28Apr07 around 2:00am)

sexsexsex
28-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Was with my friend in my car going slowly around from lorong 18 to lorong 10 weaving in and out of each lorong. Saw the usual thai, indo and PRC fls at the usual places. Loop back and parked my car at lorong 18 and started to walk.
When we came to around lorong 12, surprisingly cannot spot any PRC fls around the area. From far away saw those PRCs standing at Darlene hotel basement (lorong 10?) running for their life!
Then saw a police van parked at lorong 14 and some activities there. Before we could kay poh kay poh go near the van, the police van started to move with the fls they caught.
I have always had a question. This fu**ing government very well knows what is happening in geylang. The legal and the illegal scene. Why are they playing hide-and seek with the illegal activities going on there? Either they must put a complete stop or let these activities go on.
Today they catch, tomorrow the fls come back. They come and catch again another day, and the fls do come back again. So this is a cat and mouse game?

mebirdie
28-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Totally disagreed. Do you prefer them to close one eye Or Open two eyes. :D

chunkymunky
28-04-2007, 08:07 AM
i agree with bro mebirdie...
the govt still has to put up a "show" to the public to show that they are doing some work.. otherwise.. pay them so many million to shake leg drink coffee??
no mah.. at least still must wayang abit right... haha...

tanmikel
28-04-2007, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=sexsexsex;1992876] Why are they playing hide-and seek with the illegal activities going on there? Either they must put a complete stop or let these activities go on./QUOTE]

otherwise , where to spend taxpayer's money ? if they stop if completely , they'll be out of a job

cactus88
28-04-2007, 10:09 AM
If they stop completely, there will be lots of complicated problem.....

so they will only come once in awhile i guess. just like smoking, they don usually catch smokers smoking in shopping center toilets or bus stop do they? they just have the rule and they can catch u anytime lol :D

Cum_Luver
28-04-2007, 05:08 PM
well, once awhile the AV will need to put up a show.
else people will said they jia liao b n waste taxpayer money.

also it is alright to do it, so that we can have fresh stocks lor
so take it that they are also doing us a favour..

:D

KatoeyLover69
28-04-2007, 05:17 PM
With the recent increase in civil servants' pay (including for Policeman) they have to justify their pay ....... hence have to conduct raids every now and then :mad:

sammyboyfor
28-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Was with my friend in my car going slowly around from lorong 18 to lorong 10 weaving in and out of each lorong. Saw the usual thai, indo and PRC fls at the usual places. Loop back and parked my car at lorong 18 and started to walk.

What have raids and FLs got to do with the Geylang LEGAL scene?:confused: I have docked you 4 points for starting an off topic thread.:mad:

lochabarnomad
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Jus curious..... During a raid, u happen to be doing business wif a WL in a hotel. Will anything happen to u? :(

cscs
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I though some lorong in Geylang has close circuit camera?

15-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Went to geylang yesterday 13th May around 1030pm, there are hardly any FLs along the Lorong 14, 12, 10 etc. Understand from the pple there that was a raid going on.

Waited till abt 1115pm, then the FLs came streaming out in full force. Managed to find one for a bonk. Finished session about 1230am, abt to leave when a police van came along and once again, saw tons of FLs running to hide.

Quite a scene for someone like me who dun go geylang so often. A common scene for most regular cheongsters.

Yesterday when I saw no FLs on the streets when I reached there, sianz liao. Luckily, they came out soon. Juz curious, how often do the police raid these lorongs and usu when they conduct these raids?

dominion
15-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Yesterday when I saw no FLs on the streets when I reached there, sianz liao. Luckily, they came out soon. Juz curious, how often do the police raid these lorongs and usu when they conduct these raids?

No definite wan I think cuz they want to surprise marh...

But from what I have learned, one tatic is to do one before 12 when all the FLs have come out then wait for second peak hour after they come out of hiding.

escobar43535
15-05-2007, 11:19 AM
sorry to say this but u r being naive bro...the govt's position has always been consistently pragmatic...they realise that the oldest profession in the world shall always exist...part of human nature...also wifout pros, our women folk maybe put at unnecessary risks especially considering large influx of male foreign workers...

the govt realises that it is impossible to close down all illegal prostitution, same goes for illegal gambling...so what they appear to hv done is try to zone the areas (GL, JC, etc) and keep tabs on the activies and as when necessary come down hard on the illegal pros to send a message to the kingpins that the AV r watching...in short, the govt is monitoring and managing the situation in a pragmatic fashion...

btw a little bird has told me that the legalisation of the PRC Mei Meis is almost a done deal as AV appear to want to hv more control over these gals since they hv become 'institutionalised' in GL over the last few yrs...so it looks like the long overdue wait for PRC Mei Meis at the legal GL hses shall become a reality in the near future...

I have always had a question. This fu**ing government very well knows what is happening in geylang. The legal and the illegal scene. Why are they playing hide-and seek with the illegal activities going on there? Either they must put a complete stop or let these activities go on.
Today they catch, tomorrow the fls come back. They come and catch again another day, and the fls do come back again. So this is a cat and mouse game?

me|zuo
16-05-2007, 01:20 AM
What have raids and FLs got to do with the Geylang LEGAL scene?:confused: I have docked you 4 points for starting an off topic thread.:mad:

the thread starter had been zap by sam liao.. i guess bro should not continue posting in this thread anymore...