PDA

View Full Version : STD and the Law

daddyO
24-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I am reading thru the stickies but there is no one saying or telling the implication of what happens when you get

1. STDs like syphillis or gnorrohea
2. non curable like herpes or warts
3. the most Dreaded HIV

What is the level of implication like will your employers or family be informed. will u be forced to quit your current job and what kind of records will be files against you? Your souse wise do they be forced to go for test and medication?

Can any kind bros out there please guide me? Just want to be sure that if such case ever happens how we can take the best course of action.

hope to get some info here! thanks in advance

sammyboyfor
24-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Can any kind bros out there please guide me? Just want to be sure that if such case ever happens how we can take the best course of action.

hope to get some info here! thanks in advance

80% of Singaporeans are infected with either herpes, warts or both. If it cost them their jobs, the unemployment rate would be 80%.:D

Castrol
24-04-2007, 05:19 PM
If it cost them their jobs, the unemployment rate would be 80%.:D

lidat the intercourse rate will also shoot up 80% becos umemployed people have more free time to bonk. :D

AfA_hmor
24-04-2007, 06:53 PM
gahmen only interested in recording HIV cases.
the law doesn't protect HIV positive ppl from discrimination by private companies or whoever.

juswan2knwu
24-04-2007, 08:53 PM
80% of Singaporeans are infected with either herpes, warts or both. If it cost them their jobs, the unemployment rate would be 80%.:D

Boss, REALLY?!! Is it real or U jus joking? If true, k direct me 2 the offical website? 80% (4 million population) is kind of lik out of the wrld!!

Dancing
25-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Bro juswan2knwu, its actually not out of the world lah. Just think, do u or how many of the people u know or seen b4 got cold sore on the lips area. This will tells u 80% is not impossible.

daddyO
25-04-2007, 02:35 PM
gahmen only interested in recording HIV cases.
the law doesn't protect HIV positive ppl from discrimination by private companies or whoever.

Can elaborate abit more? SO what happens wen u r hiv+? will u be haul up or monitored everyday? IC change or your bosses or family will be informed?

sammyboyfor
25-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Boss, REALLY?!! Is it real or U jus joking? If true, k direct me 2 the offical website? 80% (4 million population) is kind of lik out of the wrld!!

I have posted linked to the relevant articles in this post http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=1968829&postcount=12

The figures are from the USA but the infection rate is pretty much the same in most developed countries give or take 10%.

Herpes and warts is so common that the health authorities don't even bother screening for these infections when they give out permits to legal whores.

This Sucks
25-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Herpes and warts is so common that the health authorities don't even bother screening for these infection when they give out permits to legal whores.

Wah, I din know tat, tot, since screening, might as well screen for everything ...

HIVsucks_XXX
25-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Going for my regular HIV checks soon at DSC clinic, hope the results don't suck in my favour..:(
Every year I go there I have to sum up that amt of courage.

sammyboyfor
26-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Wah, I din know tat, tot, since screening, might as well screen for everything ...

If they excluded whores with herpes and warts, there wouldn't be anyone left to service you guys.

Both these infections are usually completely asymptotic. There is no blood test for warts as the virus resides in the skin and mucous membranes. It cannot be detected by a blood test.

A few years ago, there was no quick and easy blood test for herpes either. Test kits for the herpes virus have only been developed over the last few years and their accuracy is nowhere near 100%.

If you want more info, just do a google search on the subject.

AfA_hmor
26-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Can elaborate abit more? SO what happens wen u r hiv+? will u be haul up or monitored everyday? IC change or your bosses or family will be informed?

Check the Singapore Statutes under the Infectious Diseases Act, got a section esp for HIV/AIDS patients
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?actno=REVED-137&doctitle=INFECTIOUS%20DISEASES%20ACT%0A&date=latest&method=part

no change of IC. change to what anyway?
boss/family, up to u to inform.
haul up and monitored everyday? u think everyone so free ah?

actually things are not as cham as u think it is, HIV+ ppl can still lead healthy productive lives. just need to know how to manage the problems, take responsibility. etc. AFA has its own support group for HIV+ ppl, they share resources and info, help each other.. yah.

This Sucks
26-04-2007, 12:26 PM
If you want more info, just do a google search on the subject.

Thanks boss ....

juswan2knwu
27-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I have posted linked to the relevant articles in this post http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=1968829&postcount=12

The figures are from the USA but the infection rate is pretty much the same in most developed countries give or take 10%.

Herpes and warts is so common that the health authorities don't even bother screening for these infections when they give out permits to legal whores.

Thx Boss. I did HIV & a lot of other tests nt lng ago, including testing 4 herpes. The DSC website is currently dwn, k U enlighten me when they said I am neg., does it means I'm free fm both HSV-1 & 2 or oni HSV-2? Thx again.

sammyboyfor
28-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Thx Boss. I did HIV & a lot of other tests nt lng ago, including testing 4 herpes. The DSC website is currently dwn, k U enlighten me when they said I am neg., does it means I'm free fm both HSV-1 & 2 or oni HSV-2? Thx again.

I can't answer that. You have to ask DSC. I don't know what they test for.

However, I can point out that distinguishing HSV1 from HSV2 does not serve any purpose as both 1 and 2 can infect the genital region.

solidrock
07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
I am reading thru the stickies but there is no one saying or telling the implication of what happens when you get

1. STDs like syphillis or gnorrohea
2. non curable like herpes or warts
3. the most Dreaded HIV

What is the level of implication like will your employers or family be informed.
As the initials imply: S.T.D. - Straight To Detention.

Your wife and family members will detain you, that is. Be good boy at home. No more prowling around for chicken meat. Can go KFC only. :D