PDA

View Full Version : Student Visa

horsebite
16-04-2007, 01:58 PM
hi bros,

anyone any idea how long it takes and cost to apply for a student Visa to study english in Singapore?and what is the procedure?:rolleyes:

Libra
16-04-2007, 02:39 PM
hi bros,

anyone any idea how long it takes and cost to apply for a student Visa to study english in Singapore?and what is the procedure?:rolleyes:

must be for china girls..

pls bro.... play play can don't get serious u will get burn believe u me..

horsebite
16-04-2007, 03:06 PM
must be for china girls..

pls bro.... play play can don't get serious u will get burn believe u me..

no worries, was asked about it so i decide to consult the people here..

diver69er
16-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Bro....from wat i know......about 1 month to process.......and the 'Agent's' fee is about $6-8k.This is for 6 months visa.Pls note this is only a rough guide.:)

chairman-mao
16-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Bro....from wat i know......about 1 month to process.......and the 'Agent's' fee is about $6-8k.This is for 6 months visa.

just curious $6-$8k (as in SGD or RMB) just to apply for study english in our shore.:eek:

diver69er
16-04-2007, 04:52 PM
just curious $6-$8k (as in SGD or RMB) just to apply for study english in our shore.:eek:

Bro....its SGD $6-8K;)

sexprofessor
16-04-2007, 04:55 PM
application for student visa is ard 1 month.

if go thru agents, cost varies, starting from SGD4500 (inclusive of 3 months' sch fees, insurance,medical checkup,etc)

if you are sponsoring the application, costs will be below SGD700 (registration fees, insurance, application fees, medical checkup, etc)

would advise to go thru agent, if the girl is here for something other than study and accompanying you...

chairman-mao
16-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Bro....its SGD $6-8K;)

Wow that is going to be very EX. I guess the $6-$8k does not included the school fee right?

chairman-mao
16-04-2007, 05:12 PM
application for student visa is ard 1 month.

if go thru agents, cost varies, starting from SGD4500 (inclusive of 3 months' sch fees, insurance,medical checkup,etc)

How much will the school fee cost them per month?

rodent spines
16-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Was told that nowdays Student Visa is getting harder to apply.

rodent spines
16-04-2007, 05:30 PM
How much will the school fee cost them per month?

School fee could be in the range of 400-700 per mth.

cuntlover123
16-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Im nt very sure abt d market of it now, but for what i knw frm some PRC students, its quite ex actually, it range frm SGD6k-12k depending d duration of d course n see which sch or language sch oso. Usually is 1-2yrs. Processing will take abt 1-2mths. Requirements of his/her personal, parents n educational particulars all will b needed n considered by d sch. He/she can go directly to d sch to apply n can save some 'middle-man' fees

hi bros,

curiosityz
16-04-2007, 06:25 PM
i heard it is harder to apply nowadays also.

raiders
16-04-2007, 06:26 PM
hi bros,

Brother, if you want to save money and skip the agent fee, just go directly to any private school and speak to their sales staffs. Just need to tell them you have a potential student from XXX country and wants to study language. Then they will do everything for you. You can even tell them to give you a 'recommendation fee' which can sometimes be up to 15% of the course fees. Helps you save alot.

The processing fees charged by the school is normally between $600-$1k. The school fees is normally about $1200-$1600 per semester (3 months). Normally, they will want you to study 6 months. So, all in all, you spend about less than $4k for a 6 months course. Ask them for a 'recommendation fee' and you'll save a couple of hundreds. Hope it helps. ;)

paramax
18-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Bro,

I got a PRC friend, she just went to renew her student visa, however after she went to ICA twice, they declined her application. She does not really know the reason why as she got difficulty understanding the officer, but she felt that it might because of her lousy English even after study a year here.

Now she was asked to leave the country after a month, so is there any way to help on the situation? Any solution that can help her to extend her student visa.

Thank in advance for the advice.

unclesammi
18-04-2007, 04:13 PM
hi bros,

Try British council. You can see their website online.:)

Rof|maoxz
18-04-2007, 11:55 PM
anyone any idea how long it takes and cost to apply for a student Visa to study english in Singapore?and what is the procedure? :rolleyes:

Which province?

The processing fees charged by the school is normally between $600-$1k. The school fees is normally about $1200-$1600 per semester (3 months). Normally, they will want you to study 6 months. So, all in all, you spend about less than $4k for a 6 months course. Ask them for a 'recommendation fee' and you'll save a couple of hundreds. Hope it helps.

Not so much on the school fees, it is the approval of the student pass which matters most.

Try British council. You can see their website online.

High class leh. :D

geylangbonker
19-04-2007, 12:05 AM
High class leh. :D[/QUOTE]

most of the prcs ....engaged in activities like daytime..."ABC" ....AT NITE...."KTV"...!abt 70% are not really serious in their studies...but serious in in their money....!some of them really can make it in english...as well as in their money...these are the really smart prcs and they know what they aiming for in life from all the way from their homeland to our land...:)

mirkblood
19-04-2007, 12:13 AM
bro paramax,

there's a so call "workaround" to it but does nt comes cheap .. ppl like Informatics can do the application (higher chance) on behalf of student... BUT their course fees is high ..

naemlo
19-04-2007, 12:15 AM
hi bros,

This u can ask me, but first u must buy me a jug of beer. When u want the answer? :D

84gunner
19-04-2007, 02:05 AM
wah, knn, these language courses / schools really kill pple set fire!

84gunner
19-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Bro,

I got a PRC friend, she just went to renew her student visa, however after she went to ICA twice, they declined her application. She does not really know the reason why as she got difficulty understanding the officer, but she felt that it might because of her lousy English even after study a year here.

Now she was asked to leave the country after a month, so is there any way to help on the situation? Any solution that can help her to extend her student visa.

Thank in advance for the advice.

I think it might be easier 4 her to go back PRC, make an artificial ID + passport, then use the new passport 2 apply. These artificial IDs cost only a few thousand RMB.

ass_robber
19-04-2007, 02:50 AM
enrol in poly, no questions asked. Can work part time somemore. After poly, guaranteed PR status. Along the way, find a job, just quit from poly. Take some no brainer course like business or something like that, where its hard to fail and study v little one. If not, every 6 months to 1 year must reapply visa again.

84gunner
19-04-2007, 03:18 AM
enrol in poly, no questions asked. Can work part time somemore. After poly, guaranteed PR status. Along the way, find a job, just quit from poly. Take some no brainer course like business or something like that, where its hard to fail and study v little one. If not, every 6 months to 1 year must reapply visa again.

I tink she even have problems wif english language, & she oso has 2 produce TOEFL or equivalent, & sit 4 poly entrance exam, which is in english, when enrolling into poly, not 2 mention, poly teaching materials r all in english.

When she quit poly b4 course completion, her student visa will be invalid immediately.

If got such easy 2 pass no brainer courses, then SG will have lotsa no brainer pple (incl foreigners) wif certificates liao!

He oredi said, ICA rejected her student visa extension 2 times oredi.

ass_robber
19-04-2007, 05:04 AM
there are many burmese who can only manage basic english, take the english test back home at the british council, and are in nursing programs in the polys. Of course when you quit the school, your visa is terminated. but you are allowed to apply to work etc etc.

there are many reasons why the visa applications is rejected. For example, if she is of a certain qualification in China, she may be over qualified to be taking english courses for 6 months or if she is over 30s and put in application to study for english here. the possibilities goes on.

mebirdie
19-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Bro,

If she cannot even understand simple english word after 1 year of study, how to convince the ICA officer to approve te application?
She can try to extend the VISA at china side through the agent.

I think it might be easier 4 her to go back PRC, make an artificial ID + passport, then use the new passport 2 apply. These artificial IDs cost only a few thousand RMB.

If she take a Artifical ID, she will need a
- artifical high school certificate
- artifical household
- artitical 6 month bank fixed deposit

This is not cheap and also do not know whether can be done. Student visa very seldom people use artifical ID. Too much related document involved.

enrol in poly, no questions asked.
Poly is for those geniue student. They must obtain a very good high school result or university. Must be able to communicate in english. This application cannot be fake as it will be exposed easily

whiskynaam
19-04-2007, 06:46 AM
The other time help my friend go to check... they say have to show the equivilent to 30k SGD fixed D to show that you are finicially viable to stay for the course????!!! For what you guys said here, anyone knows exactly what is needed? I mean to get the visa, interms of sucurity deposit, or how much money to show in bank that you have or something.... anyone??

mebirdie
19-04-2007, 07:41 AM
The other time help my friend go to check... they say have to show the equivilent to 30k SGD fixed D to show that you are finicially viable to stay for the course????!!!

300K RMB 6 month fixed deposit. Not refering to security deposit.

paramax
19-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Bro,

Really appreciate all the advise. Till now I got no ideal what the main reason for the application to be rejected. Maybe like some brother here who agreed that after a year of study here for English, and she can't even make a simple English conversation might likely be the cause. Acutally she went to ask her school for help, and they told her it was quite tough for her to get renewal.

I'm thinking of getting her application reference number and help her do a check next Monday, at least I will know the real cause.

Thank again!

diesel
19-04-2007, 05:42 PM
换学校是最好的办法。只有学校可以延期学生准征。

这里有网友是开私人学校兼教育补习中心。看他们要不要帮你。

paramax
19-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Thank Bro Diesel,

If any Bro who operate a private school, and who think is able to help on the issue, please drop me a PM.

Thank ya!

chinmafan
15-05-2007, 08:11 PM
would like to seek for help on this issue too. :(

1 jug beer no issue as long as i can get teh contact

Maybe
23-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Bros, I would like to apply a 2 year student visa for PRC gal, but I think they need paperwork on parents work, some kind of proof of money in China bank account etc. I only want the paperwork, will arrange with school to bring ion gal myself ..... so hope somebody got contact to just do the paperwork in PRC ...

Maybe
24-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Bros, I would like to apply a 2 year student visa for PRC gal, but I think they need paperwork on parents work, some kind of proof of money in China bank account etc. I only want the paperwork, will arrange with school to bring ion gal myself ..... so hope somebody got contact to just do the paperwork in PRC ...

Any response bros?

combatus
24-07-2007, 12:06 PM
wow! muz tk e bro who started this thread....now im tinking of bringing my indon gf in under student visa....can or not? any bro can help????

many many tks!

dirtymonk82
24-07-2007, 05:16 PM
for poly course...i think they can take the entry exam back in china which is much much easier than the one they have to take it here which will all be in English

Btw, how to apply for a ex-indo maid in spore to come spore to accompany me ah? hahaha

wonderz
24-07-2007, 05:37 PM
hi bros,

The processing time of the application at ICA will normally take about 4-6 weeks. Afterwhich the school whom the student applied with, will get notification on whether it's approved or rejected.

The total cost will depend alot on the school choose. Course fee for English will range from about 1k to 2k plus per level which is around 3-4 months. The whole duration of the English program will normally be around 1 year, unless it's a proper English school like British Council. Some school will require the student to take a test to determine how long the student will need to study for while some schools just let the student choose. Besides the course fee, schools will charge a processing/admin fee ranging from $200 plus up to 1k. Other than these fee, there will also be course fee insurance and maybe health insurance fee which the student will need to pay.

Documents for student pass application are quite standard:
1) Passport
2) Birth Certificate
3) Highest qualification certificate & transcript
4) Bank statement if the student is coming from a visa required country
5) Parents income details if the student is coming from a visa required country

For PRC, the bank statement must be at least SGD30k deposit in a fixed deposit for at least 6 mths. All the documents except for the bank statement, must be 公证 which is just translation. It can be easy done in China at a fee per booklet.

Hope it helps bro.

wonderz
24-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Bro,

Really appreciate all the advise. Till now I got no ideal what the main reason for the application to be rejected. Maybe like some brother here who agreed that after a year of study here for English, and she can't even make a simple English conversation might likely be the cause. Acutally she went to ask her school for help, and they told her it was quite tough for her to get renewal.

I'm thinking of getting her application reference number and help her do a check next Monday, at least I will know the real cause.

Thank again!

ICA normally will not disclose the real cause bro.

Have she exceeded the study duration of the English course she enrolled for? Schools will register their courses with the relevant authorities and will inform them on the max duration of the course. If the max duration have been reached, it will be very difficult to extend the student pass unless the student upgrade to another course like Diploma etc.

Maybe
24-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Documents for student pass application are quite standard:
1) Passport
2) Birth Certificate
3) Highest qualification certificate & transcript
4) Bank statement if the student is coming from a visa required country
5) Parents income details if the student is coming from a visa required country

For PRC, the bank statement must be at least SGD30k deposit in a fixed deposit for at least 6 mths. All the documents except for the bank statement, must be 公证 which is just translation. It can be easy done in China at a fee per booklet.

Hope it helps bro.

Anybody have contacts in China who does the above ... pse pm

techiedick
24-07-2007, 09:59 PM
from what i know from chio bu from china who was here by herself, she call up the singapore mission in shanghai and enquired on how to come to sg to study.

Our sg mission just ask for $200 admin fee and she was here after 3 weeks.

so go thru official channel is so much cheaper.

she is already working here, not a FL.

Maybe
25-07-2007, 08:53 AM
from what i know from chio bu from china who was here by herself, she call up the singapore mission in shanghai and enquired on how to come to sg to study.

Thanks bro, but there are certain papers that needs to be 'arranged' ... 30k deposit... etc

Mrxhub
25-07-2007, 11:50 AM

Yes, because she is a Beijing or ShangHai person which easily get visa and approval to singapore....:)

Mrxhub
27-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Anybody have contacts in China who does the above ... pse pm

OK, I able to help u....U can PM me....Around $10k, my friend...just ask her if she interested :)

techiedick
28-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, because she is a Beijing or ShangHai person which easily get visa and approval to singapore....:)

Bro Mrxhub,

it is not becos she is a Beijing or ShangHai person which easily get visa and approval to singapore, she is from Xi'an.

Any chinese going to the sg mission can do it, just only a waiting time. if the approval is given needs only fly to the 2 cities to get the documents.

I know a lot of agents are sucking blood asking for $10K. Ask all the FL in GL, the agents are making them work very hard for the money...some dun make enuff here the first time to settle this agent...I heard enuff stories about this....

Horsebite,

ask your friend to call the sg mission for procedure, what MrXhub is suggesting is making the agents rich... making all the blood money... or pussy money ... :( very unethical just like pimps....

this is my opinion, i may get zap by OKTs and agents so be it...

cavemao
31-08-2007, 11:20 PM
You can even tell them to give you a 'recommendation fee' which can sometimes be up to 15% of the course fees. Helps you save alot.

wow really can ask for recommendation fee one ah.... thanks horsey for starting this thread hahaha been trying to find a similar one :P

Bro,

Acutally she went to ask her school for help, and they told her it was quite tough for her to get renewal.

bro from wat i personally know alot of genuine schools won't help u renew if the student has poor attendance (leading the school to suspect she's not really studying here and hence will affect their reputation) from wat you have written so far after one whole year of exposure to english here (almost everything here is available in english!!! road signs, media, tv, radio etc) no doubt the ICA officer suspect her lor wish you the best of luck and post the results here if u can!

Yes, because she is a Beijing or ShangHai person which easily get visa and approval to singapore....

bro wat kind of place HARD to get visa ah????

naemlo
01-09-2007, 01:54 AM
OK, I able to help u....U can PM me....Around $10k, my friend...just ask her if she interested :)

10k??? RMB si boh??? :confused: The procedures of getting a student visa is simple.