PDA

View Full Version : Qn on Herpes... thanks

nsr21
14-04-2007, 02:43 PM
sorry just to check with all bros here... if lets say a gal is infected with this, and she have sex with another guy, will the guy 100% kena also???

thanks

dathinman
14-04-2007, 03:18 PM
No, not 100%.

Do some googling and you will find more info.

Here is one

http://www.herpes.com/Transmission.shtml

sammyboyfor
14-04-2007, 03:56 PM
sorry just to check with all bros here... if lets say a gal is infected with this, and she have sex with another guy, will the guy 100% kena also???

thanks

80% of all whores are carriers of the herpes virus. If the transmission rate was 100%, god help all the cheongsters here.

AfA_hmor
14-04-2007, 04:04 PM
It depends on whether there is contact with the infected part.This is because herpes is transmitted through direct skin to skin contact with the affected area. The risk of transmission is higher if the person is having an outbreak. i.e. sores, but herpes can also be spread when symptoms are not present.

Do note that there is genital herpes (vagina, penis, anus) and oral herpes (mouth).

Barrier methods, such as using a condom or a dental dam (put it over her genital area if performing oral sex) can help reduce the risk of transmission.

sammyboyfor
14-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Do note that there is genital herpes (vagina, penis, anus) and oral herpes (mouth).

Barrier methods, such as using a condom or a dental dam (put it over her genital area if performing oral sex) can help reduce the risk of transmission.

The distinction between HSV1 (oral) and HSV2 (genital) has blurred considerably over the years. Oral herpes is often transmitted to the genitals during oral sex.

The jury is out regarding how effective condoms are in preventing HSV transmission. Condoms do not protect areas such as the base of the penis and the scrotum and transmission can easily take place in those areas.

The herpes infection rate is very high in most countries and what people fail to realise is that they could already have the virus but are asymptotic. 80% of the general population have already been infected with either HSV1 or 2 by the time they are adults but only a small percentage ever experience symptoms. The rest are carriers of the virus.

sohbuckkong
14-04-2007, 06:31 PM
.......... have the virus but are asymptotic. 80% of the general population have already been infected with either HSV1 or 2 by the time they are adults .........

you mean in Singapore?

sammyboyfor
15-04-2007, 07:16 AM
you mean in Singapore?

Yes the figures would be applicable to Singapore.

nsr21
15-04-2007, 07:21 PM
i hve sex with the gal around 1 month from now, but no signs of anything wrong. is this normal? or can i say even if i kena also will show no signs? cuz i see some posts say within 2-10 days will hve blisters.

jackylee
15-04-2007, 07:28 PM
i hve sex with the gal around 1 month from now, but no signs of anything wrong. is this normal? or can i say even if i kena also will show no signs? cuz i see some posts say within 2-10 days will hve blisters.

Bro wait for 6 months go check up

bighuggy
16-04-2007, 09:33 AM
i've got a question which i don't know if anyone can help me out?

i just realised that the tip of my dick hurts and when i squeeze my dickhead some pus comes out. can any bro advice on what is goin on or where can i go to have it checked out. please help and if possible to provide the location too. thanks! appreciate it alot!

AfA_hmor
16-04-2007, 10:59 AM
The herpes infection rate is very high in most countries and what people fail to realise is that they could already have the virus but are asymptotic. 80% of the general population have already been infected with either HSV1 or 2 by the time they are adults but only a small percentage ever experience symptoms. The rest are carriers of the virus.

May I ask what is your source for these figures?

sammyboyfor
16-04-2007, 11:58 AM
May I ask what is your source for these figures?

There are many sources. The stats may vary slightly from site to site but it does not alter the fact that in many developed countries, herpes 1 or 2 (or both) has infected roughly 3 out of 4 adults.

If the cheongsters here have sex with 1 prostitute a week, the chances of them having had sex with a herpes infected prostitute after 10 weeks is almost a certainty.

http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html

By the time they're teenagers or young adults, about 50% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies in their blood. By the time they are over age 50, some 80-90% of Americans have HSV-1 antibodies.

By comparison, almost all HSV-2 is encountered after childhood, when people become sexually active. Those who have a prior infection with HSV-1 have an acquired immune response that lowers - though certainly doesn't eliminate-the risk of acquiring HSV-2. According to one study (Mertz, Annals of Internal Medicine,1992), previous oral HSV-1 infection reduces the acquisition of subsequent HSV-2 infection by 40%.

http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/infected.html

How many people have genital herpes?

In the United States 50 � 70% of adults have oral herpes (HSV-1 infection). The highest risk of acquisition is early childhood and adolexcence. But infections are acquired throughout life. Approximately one-quarter of Americans over the age of 15 are infected with genital herpes -- an estimated 45 to 60 million people in the U.S. alone. About 1.5 million new infections of gential HSV-2 infections occur yearly. Herpes simplex virus infections are by far the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Microsoft
16-04-2007, 04:12 PM
i just realised that the tip of my dick hurts and when i squeeze my dickhead some pus comes out. can any bro advice on what is goin on or where can i go to have it checked out. please help and if possible to provide the location too. thanks! appreciate it alot!

Yike! Think u better go DSC 4 a chk up asap.

http://www.dsc-sexualhealth.com.sg/