PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous HIV testing location and cost.

Etio
16-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Hi boss Sammy,

If I may start this thread and if it sticks it would be great.

For all Bros to know the clinics that offer the anonymous 4th gen hiv test and cost in sg.

Alere HIV combo test (4th generation rapid blood test)

Action For Aids - $42
Anteh Dispensary - $100
Dr Soh Family Clinic - $100
M Lam Clinic - $70
Kensington Family Clinic - $150

Any one else know the price of the 4th gen test at the other anonymous clinics?

IAmAwesome
16-03-2018, 10:17 PM
A very good post TS, it will be helpful to most people

Nickwoo03
17-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Went to Robertson walk recently (Dr Tan and partners) paid just over $160 for 4th gen including Dr consultation. Non judgmental, gave really good advice and when u go to reception, mention 3 step test, and everything just proceeds discreetly.

Quoted 3rd gen for $50.

Nearby also convenient for celebratory pint with kakis too! Think will
Come for my regular checkups here

SGAlibaba
17-03-2018, 08:41 PM
DSC Clinic $40 only.

http://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/ats/

Adella
20-03-2018, 11:26 PM
The infos will good.

pting
25-03-2018, 02:10 AM
The anonymous HIV fast test take about 30 min to know the result. Just a prick on finger for a drop of blood instead of drawing a syringe.
How accurate is the test?

Big Sexy
25-03-2018, 07:39 AM
it tests for the antibodies.. so a drop is sufficient.

the accuracy is affected by factors like "window period"

The anonymous HIV fast test take about 30 min to know the result. Just a prick on finger for a drop of blood instead of drawing a syringe.
How accurate is the test?

pting
30-03-2018, 12:15 AM
it tests for the antibodies.. so a drop is sufficient.

the accuracy is affected by factors like "window period"

My window period is more than 3 month from exposure, does it mean the test result is reliable?

Big Sexy
30-03-2018, 07:32 AM
yes it is... so long you didnt get the test kit from some dodgy webby and did the test yourself...

My window period is more than 3 month from exposure, does it mean the test result is reliable?

JJ07
02-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Is oral fluid testing as accurate as blood from finger testing?

Will our identities really be kept as private & confidenial in anonymous hiv testing?

The last time I had sex with commercial sex worker was 7 weeks ago and the last I had bbbj from hc masseur was 2 weeks ago. Am I still in the window period for hiv testing?

Any bro tried anonymous hiv testing at Q&M?

Does hiv testing also covers std testing?

Big Sexy
02-04-2018, 08:09 AM
1. from my experience...oral HIV test isnt as accurate as blood test

2. go for the anonymous test if you want anonymity.. however i believe you will still be required to go for counseling in the event that you are tested positive.. then in this scenrio, your anonymity could be compromised.. otherwise it is private & confidential ..no name and particular required in anonymous test...

3. you can find the HIV screen option and window period here
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=6571464&postcount=746
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=15812261&postcount=19

4. the usual HIV test does NOT include other STD test..

5. no comments on Q and M....there is no Q&M from where i am..

Is oral fluid testing as accurate as blood from finger testing?

Will our identities really be kept as private & confidenial in anonymous hiv testing?

The last time I had sex with commercial sex worker was 7 weeks ago and the last I had bbbj from hc masseur was 2 weeks ago. Am I still in the window period for hiv testing?

Any bro tried anonymous hiv testing at Q&M?

Does hiv testing also covers std testing?

JJ07
02-04-2018, 06:28 PM
1. from my experience...oral HIV test isnt as accurate as blood test

2. go for the anonymous test if you want anonymity.. however i believe you will still be required to go for counseling in the event that you are tested positive.. then in this scenrio, your anonymity could be compromised.. otherwise it is private & confidential ..no name and particular required in anonymous test...

3. you can find the HIV screen option and window period here
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=6571464&postcount=746
https://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=15812261&postcount=19

4. the usual HIV test does NOT include other STD test..

5. no comments on Q and M....there is no Q&M from where i am..

Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking to opt for oral hiv testing instead of blood test.

In the event one is diagnosed positive can he or she insist on keeping identity anonymous?

What are the std tests available?

It’s scary and stressful to take hiv test.

Big Sexy
03-04-2018, 07:07 AM
it is your preference.. but like i said.. i would like to think the blood test is more accurate.. it is just a finger prick and 2-3 drops of blood.. it isnt painful unless your pain torelance is super low.

i dont think so you can still keep your ID anonymous if the result is positive.... extract from the sg MOH website says "The identities of persons who go for HIV screening and those found to be HIV-positive will be kept strictly confidential.
https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/diseases_and_conditions/h/hiv_aids.html
so there you go..

you will need to call up the relevant clinics to see what std package they offer...or check out their website....

my recommendation is to do it DCS or Dr tan clinic.... check out the price and package first before you proceed and make sure you are passed the window period.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m thinking to opt for oral hiv testing instead of blood test.

In the event one is diagnosed positive can he or she insist on keeping identity anonymous?

What are the std tests available?

It’s scary and stressful to take hiv test.

JJ07
03-04-2018, 09:58 PM
it is your preference.. but like i said.. i would like to think the blood test is more accurate.. it is just a finger prick and 2-3 drops of blood.. it isnt painful unless your pain torelance is super low.

i dont think so you can still keep your ID anonymous if the result is positive.... extract from the sg MOH website says "The identities of persons who go for HIV screening and those found to be HIV-positive will be kept strictly confidential.
https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/diseases_and_conditions/h/hiv_aids.html
so there you go..

you will need to call up the relevant clinics to see what std package they offer...or check out their website....

my recommendation is to do it DCS or Dr tan clinic.... check out the price and package first before you proceed and make sure you are passed the window period.

Thanks for the advice
I think afa has anonymous Syphilis test
Will go to dr Tan or dsc soon.

Big Sexy
04-04-2018, 06:36 AM
yes AFA has anonymous Syphilis test the last time i checked.. i am not sure they still have that.. you can check out their website afa.org.sg... they used to give out coupon for free testing too..

take note that AFA and DSC operates at the same location..but run under different organisation and AFA isnt open every day..

Thanks for the advice
I think afa has anonymous Syphilis test
Will go to dr Tan or dsc soon.

IAmAwesome
04-04-2018, 09:45 PM
think afa has anonymous Syphilis test

Confirm have bro i saw before, they got put one small sign there (on the right hand side) when you enter the place

kurtis
15-04-2018, 04:51 AM
think should just keep DSC out of the picture, because DSC is not a anonymous testing centre.

AFA, a voluntary organisation operates Anonymous Testing Service at DSC on Tuesdays & Wednesdays 6.30pm to 8.15pm
Saturday 1.30pm to 3.15pm.

AFA also operates the anonymous MTS Mobile Testing Service islandwide.

They are wonderful people.

Anteh has late closing hours (11pm) and open every day.

Great for last minute check.

reggiemiller
27-04-2018, 04:46 PM
There's also tanjong pagar medical clinic