PDA

View Full Version : Bad personal debts

old_yet_horny
29-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Hi Bros..

Have loaned out some money and having problem getting it back as the debtor keep avoiding me. Amount not really huge but i hate the feeling of people avoiding me.. if he answers my call or message to prolong payment date.. I can accommodate with it but running away is pissing me off.

Question for bros:

1) Get debt collector help? Their typical rates/commission?
2) I have the whatsapp messages of him asking for loan and my transfer record to his bank account... consider legal?
3) Any bros in debt collection industry able to provide some heads up?

Thanks.

old_yet_horny
31-01-2018, 01:01 PM
how much.....

15k sgd... :(

ramon
31-01-2018, 04:34 PM

From debt collector, you need to pay a admin fee and they charge about 20% of the borrowed sum, but they may take their time and this may drag on for a long duration.

Another way is to approach a lawyer and let them advise you if it's still possible to pursue based on the whatsapp messages.

If lawyers say can then they will file with the court for a garnishee order and force the borrower to pay up or try to declare him bankrupt.

old_yet_horny
01-02-2018, 02:50 PM
From debt collector, you need to pay a admin fee and they charge about 20% of the borrowed sum, but they may take their time and this may drag on for a long duration.

Another way is to approach a lawyer and let them advise you if it's still possible to pursue based on the whatsapp messages.

If lawyers say can then they will file with the court for a garnishee order and force the borrower to pay up or try to declare him bankrupt.

TQ Bro. ;)

Debtor already responded after I told him I will pursue the debt through legal means.

Will expect partial repayment soon.

BlueDemon
02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
TQ Bro. ;)

Debtor already responded after I told him I will pursue the debt through legal means.

Will expect partial repayment soon.

Brings back some memories. Lends ppl $$$ to please them but we suffer. Chase them for payment, they either bo chap you or scold you for being pushy. KNN. Some people just dunn appreciate.

trans5425
04-02-2018, 03:03 AM
Brings back some memories. Lends ppl $$$ to please them but we suffer. Chase them for payment, they either bo chap you or scold you for being pushy. KNN. Some people just dunn appreciate.

How many of you still remember your literature lessons back in junior school? There was one phrase that I learned from one of Shakespeares play and it stayed with me all this time.

"Neither a lender nor a borrower to be"..... I'd rather donate the money to him/her if a friend is genuinely is in financial difficulty. If they choose to return it ....fine. But even if they dont return it.... I will never ask them for it.

But there certain categories of people I will never help. Those that get into financial difficulty from gambling and those that are living a lifestyle beyond their means.

lagonda
04-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Hi Bros..

Have loaned out some money and having problem getting it back as the debtor keep avoiding me. Amount not really huge but i hate the feeling of people avoiding me.. if he answers my call or message to prolong payment date.. I can accommodate with it but running away is pissing me off.

Question for bros:

1) Get debt collector help? Their typical rates/commission?
2) I have the whatsapp messages of him asking for loan and my transfer record to his bank account... consider legal?
3) Any bros in debt collection industry able to provide some heads up?

Thanks.

hi bro don't believe the debt collectors.they are the biggest scam.will collect on your behalf but won't return.check debt collectors who deafult online.best is legal means but male sure lawyer is recommended and always shop around for a cheap one.

Juuni
07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
which reminds me this army friend of mine, borrowed him some money after 5 years we ORD'ed, and until now haven't gotten single payment.

I consider it write off, since no point clinging to it, won't get back in the end.

BlueDemon
08-02-2018, 04:09 PM
How many of you still remember your literature lessons back in junior school? There was one phrase that I learned from one of Shakespeares play and it stayed with me all this time.

"Neither a lender nor a borrower to be"..... I'd rather donate the money to him/her if a friend is genuinely is in financial difficulty. If they choose to return it ....fine. But even if they dont return it.... I will never ask them for it.

But there certain categories of people I will never help. Those that get into financial difficulty from gambling and those that are living a lifestyle beyond their means.

Fully agreed :D

MensPlus
11-02-2018, 01:38 PM

15k, interest free... u will be 1 of the last to get back ur $ if u dun apply pressure on him.

pushup
11-02-2018, 02:44 PM
TS so rich ah.. borrow me lol:D

Bizsta
14-02-2018, 12:35 AM
TQ Bro. ;)

Will expect partial repayment soon.partial payment and the rest work out an instalment plan

jameschong1
17-02-2018, 05:00 PM
partial payment and the rest work out an instalment plan

u confirm stupid!
he pay partial, 1 instalment, then will not pay anymore.
then yr trouble start all over agaiin.

Bizsta
17-02-2018, 11:28 PM
u confirm stupid!
he pay partial, 1 instalment, then will not pay anymore.
then yr trouble start all over agaiin.so what do u suggest a better alternative to recover the debt.