PDA

View Full Version : Removal of personal info

ahgore
25-01-2018, 10:05 AM
If post something online.. maybe in another forum.. example the post include personal data.. phone number or email.. how can the person remove it if the account is blocked?

If request webmaster to remove it but was ignored.. how can the person take action?

sammyboyfor
25-01-2018, 10:18 AM
If post something online.. maybe in another forum.. example the post include personal data.. phone number or email.. how can the person remove it if the account is blocked?

If request webmaster to remove it but was ignored.. how can the person take action?

You can try complaining to his hosting company.

ahgore
25-01-2018, 07:00 PM
You can try complaining to his hosting company.

Not local company leh. Emailed but also kana ignored.

sammyboyfor
26-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Not local company leh. Emailed but also kana ignored.

Use the DMCA takedown route. That will force the host to do respond and do something.

ahgore
27-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Use the DMCA takedown route. That will force the host to do respond and do something.

Bro.. this one seems like if the website stole content from my website then i can take action using this leh...

My personal email address or phone number... they will bother meh?

sammyboyfor
28-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Bro.. this one seems like if the website stole content from my website then i can take action using this leh...

My personal email address or phone number... they will bother meh?

No harm trying.

ahgore
31-01-2018, 07:08 PM
No harm trying.

Bro.. doesnt seem to work. Sent a query last week.. no reply.

Read about it.. dont think they can remove my personal email address from the site.

I emailed host company of that particular website too... no results. Can teach me how to overcome this problem? I will be very grateful.

ahgore
05-02-2018, 07:56 PM
I tried google a name here.. didnt show up.. i google a name from another website which is also a forum.. 1st in the result.

Can some IT expert here share with me why?

Is it because the forum here is blocked from google search?

sammyboyfor
06-02-2018, 12:10 PM
I tried google a name here.. didnt show up.. i google a name from another website which is also a forum.. 1st in the result.

Can some IT expert here share with me why?

Is it because the forum here is blocked from google search?

What happens if you search within the forum using the vbulletin search function?

ahgore
06-02-2018, 08:11 PM
What happens if you search within the forum using the vbulletin search function?

There will be variable results. Means searchable within website... but doesnt means google will detect.

Dont think google goes for content right? There are so many content out there... if google goes for keywords.. then does it means the names here are not keyworded?

ahgore
06-02-2018, 08:11 PM
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-secretly-filmed-253-obscene-videos-women-jailed-3-years-103204531.html

Anyone knows about this?