PDA

View Full Version : Is U turn pub still around??

longwei
24-03-2007, 08:54 PM
It been long i ever been there....

miss quite a lot of the Vietnam chicks there

recently heard from my friends that the place there have closed down...is it true??

kev75
26-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Bro, U turn pub has closed at East coast, but it has reopened at Geylang.

Ah Dez
26-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Geylang lorong 41..

pub name LOOKERS.

cornercorner
26-03-2007, 07:23 PM
don't think it's lookers.
saw it beside the geylang 'CHOU DO FU'
it's still called U TURN. the sign board has a u turn sign. you won't be able to miss it...
:)

kikiboy
26-03-2007, 08:13 PM
pub name LOOKERS.
wrong.
name still U-Turn at geylang. :D

spore
26-03-2007, 09:16 PM
U-Turn or U-Pub? :p

6exty9
27-03-2007, 09:11 AM
But now that it has moved to Geylang, are the Viets still there? Last time it's just a short distance from JC but now it's a different story...

blur_king83
27-03-2007, 10:31 AM
U-turn pub has close long ago & i'm not sure the new pub call lookers in gayland is last time U-turn anot.. But some of the gers there r came from U-turn .. Hey Bro's try out Jazzy51 at joo chat maybe u can find some old faces that u r looking for coz last time those gers work at jazzy51 then went to u-turn pub work de.. (Jazzy51 :D Vietnam young chicks:eek: ) LOL still remember that's 1 auntie who serve sit 1 very ATTITUDE ALWAYS NOT HAPPY TO SERVE !>> HAHAHA...

cornercorner
27-03-2007, 04:53 PM
erm.. it's U-TURN PUB..
but still not open yet..

kikiboy
27-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Lookers confirmed not U-Turn...

Lookers "Security Guards" too many... scary! :eek: :D

jovadevil
27-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I think is U-PUB disco but it is under renovation.

Still remember the "da jie" previously in U-TURN ?
she is working in Spring 72 now.haha....seeing her remind me of the
good old days in U-turn with the viets.

:) jovadevil.

Colt1911
27-03-2007, 11:43 PM
hmm, not aware that U-turn relocated to Gylng.
but bro here says not yet open???
must check it out when it finally open for biz.

Lookers, been there a few times .... quite a lot of the girls at J51 will butterfly over to Lookers like starting around 11pm.
sometimes, even earlier, if J51 really not many customers.

the last time i went Lookers (think about 3mths back), there was a very small handful of Thai girls also.

the few times i been to, the place is fine, except music kind of way too loud also.

sometimes, by 11pm already Full-House.

kikiboy
28-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Lookers - drinks are expensive, I never know that for Foster beer they are charging such a high price. :eek: The Australian must be laughing!! The reason why it is successful is because they got licence to operate till 3am...4am sat. This must thanks to the pubs close early at JC. Anyway, recently heard they are paying gals that stay from 8.30 to 11pm. Does that consider illegal employment?? :rolleyes:

If J51 got the same licence also, I think the gals won't be bother to travel all the way there. Once U-turn open around lor 42, the pubs around there will pick up. That will make more sense for the gals to go there butterfly rather than betting on one pub at 28. =)

omoide
28-03-2007, 12:16 AM
hmm, not aware that U-turn relocated to Gylng.

Lookers, been there a few times .... quite a lot of the girls at J51 will butterfly over to Lookers like starting around 11pm.
sometimes, even earlier, if J51 really not many customers.

the last time i went Lookers (think about 3mths back), there was a very small handful of Thai girls also.

yeah, u-turn has relocated to geylang lor 41. passed by the other night but did not go in. it's now called u-bar. next to saigon.
seems like this row of shophouses might be the next hot spot soon when the joochiat residents become more of a pain in the arse in bugging the authorities to deny joochiat pub/bar operators licenses.

for those who are not sure where, it's here (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?ismap=1&starmode=1&buildingid=1774&masterid=53376&x=34491.612666667&y=33069.098381944&star=1&level=6?234,278).

haven't been to lookers for a while. dropped by last week, and my, has it changed from the last time i posted an FR on the place. i must admit, it is quite happening now. they have expanded and have a thai band too. it's looking to be quite a success story. full house! and yes, the J51 viets butterfly there too. but the air there, i feel, is still quite tense... still have a sense that a fight can break out anytime. let's hope not.

godspeed. :cool:

Tsingtao
28-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Serious?? U Turn set up shop in Geylang?? Wah lau...there confirm many fights wan la....It's just matter of time...Well..will pop by to see see look look...:D

Colt1911
28-03-2007, 12:22 AM
bro omoide, yea, the last time i was there, the atmosphere was kind of like what you describe, like a scuffle can break out ....
that's also partly why i avoid it.
i really dun want to get caught in the middle of some 'bad situation'.

bro kiki, wah lau .... i am hoping Lookers don't spoil it for bros who like Viet joints.
by paying the girls to stick around, i think sticky .... may not actually be 'correct' ... and open themselves to problems.

best part is .... i heard murmurs in J51 that some are avoiding Lookers because of other fishy things going on there ...

all this just make me prefer to avoid it until it clears itself up.

kikiboy
28-03-2007, 12:29 AM
28 got thai band but untouchable....really a fight will start anytime. Not so between the customers....but between the customers and the "security guards". :D

kikiboy
28-03-2007, 12:34 AM
bro omoide, yea, the last time i was there, the atmosphere was kind of like what you describe, like a scuffle can break out ....
that's also partly why i avoid it.
i really dun want to get caught in the middle of some 'bad situation'.

bro kiki, wah lau .... i am hoping Lookers don't spoil it for bros who like Viet joints.
by paying the girls to stick around, i think sticky .... may not actually be 'correct' ... and open themselves to problems.

best part is .... i heard murmurs in J51 that some are avoiding Lookers because of other fishy things going on there ...

all this just make me prefer to avoid it until it clears itself up.
yes bro, I agreed with what u said. That place too many patterns liao. I won't want to spend my time, money and risk my life and happiness there. I prefer a pub operate decently. Let we the customers enjoy our beer, distress our work abit.... thats all we asking for. Not fight and worries even after work. :p

cornercorner
28-03-2007, 12:01 PM
erm... this puzzle me abit...
why would there be fight in this kinda PUB where patrons go there for booze and girl....
anyway whether there will be fight onot.. ppl willl still go there... unless there keep having operations.... :)

COMETOPAPA
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi al bros, tis u pub still hv not open yet,heard tat e lic still nv cum down.but its gona bit quite exciting cuz prev when they doing reno i happen to walk by.quite nice lah although stilll in raw stage.

Colt1911
03-04-2007, 08:32 PM
i also impatiently waiting for it to have its opening, then can go check it out, see how good it is.

previously, when it was at Marine Parade, i went there 2x.
but that was like during its dying stages, and it was lousy.

yes, the chicks were plenty, but the place, the atmosphere, really cannot.

so, hoping that at this new place, it will be able to offer better atmosphere than previous location.

anyone got any idea when it might be opening??

curiosityz
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
same here. i did not have a good experience with them last time. hope it improves now :)

bastard111
28-08-2007, 05:00 AM
It's open already so you guys can gone by to check it out cya