PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision, ideal age?

SiberianTiger
28-02-2007, 05:34 PM
For those bros who hv done it, can u tell me what is the ideal age to go for it?

I have a kid & I dunno whether I shld get him to do it or let him decide for himself when he is older. He's now 8yrs old. In-law says no, cos if not careful wait becomes impotent & he happens to be the only male grandson.:(

But, I know this would be good for his health & I feel better now than next time older very troublesome.

juswan2knwu
28-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Tk U k do it @ any age (but nt babies lah) as lng as there is no health concern.

Kind of lik chicken pox, ppl prefered 2 gt it @ a young age instead of later in life cos less scar marks as skin heals better & faster. Hwevr, some ppl who kana very late in life oso hav little or no scars.

The benefits of doing it when young is they dun gt horny but the ill-adv is kids tend 2 nt being able 2 self-ctrl, lik 2 touch here, touch there, so may oso hav reverse effects lor.

As U hav said, let the kid decide himself & give him a open-ended date choice, anytime, he feels he is ready, then do it lar.

steamer
01-03-2007, 09:20 AM
once decision is made, to do when younger is always better than older. If still young enuf, no need surgery, very simple, doc juz use some kind of elastic ring. If too old, minor surgery and stitching is needed, plus 1 to 2 weeks mc. my kids did when they were still infants..no hassle when young.
p/s i believe the is a thread on this somewhere.

Evianalps
01-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Its better to do it young preferbly before puberty.I had it done when i was 8 and it was worth doing so.

SiberianTiger
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
once decision is made, to do when younger is always better than older. If still young enuf, no need surgery, very simple, doc juz use some kind of elastic ring. If too old, minor surgery and stitching is needed, plus 1 to 2 weeks mc. my kids did when they were still infants..no hassle when young.
p/s i believe the is a thread on this somewhere.

tks for yr feedback. his godmum's husband who is a muslim said that the doc use a knife & cut after numbg the pte part. so, this is y we r concerned. well, if at his age can use rubber band i dun mind sendg him for it.

Nismo_boy
01-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Unless encounter any problem if not why go cut it off. It is there for a certain reason if not why you are created with a foreskin ?

steamer
01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
tks for yr feedback. his godmum's husband who is a muslim said that the doc use a knife & cut after numbg the pte part. so, this is y we r concerned. well, if at his age can use rubber band i dun mind sendg him for it.

best for u to get advice from ur doctor, coz i am not sure wat age they stop using the rubber ring; i believe it cud be a size matter. If u r really serious, check with ur doctor. wat ur relative describe is applicable to adults.

5RUL3
01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I had it when I was 13(sec 1) at KKH. I think its kinda laser surgery compared with my younger bros used a ring when they were age 6 & 7.

flowerpot
01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
y need circumcision??

personal hygiene?

AdamVIII
03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Its always good to do it early, for hygiene.

ntuengineer
06-03-2007, 06:23 PM
if really wan to do, better do it young.
It's quite embarrassing to dangle ur member out in the open.:D
but then, there still seems to be different opinions on whether circumcision is really beneficial.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcise