PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat Why do ex-offenders keep re-offending

Sammyboy RSS Feed
19-08-2017, 09:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Two main reasons

(A) They belong to a gang or whatever, they feel their position is valuable and they are willing to risk their life and all to maintain their standing. Also important is loyalty to their band of brothers - they are willing to give it all to the group because they feel this is closest they have to a family, they are nothing and nobody without the gang

(B) They feel no one in the world cares for them, their family looks down on them, despises them, or even disowns them entirely. So they feel what the heck, this kind of Kanasai life I have, this kind of fucked up world I am living in, why should I play the good guy? Get caught get caught lah, I go Changi got free rice to eat somemore, I can even see my buddy in there, not good meh? Fuck care lah, CCB!

You ask any govt scholar, they will give you standard textbook answer like, oh this person is an addict (sex addict or drug addict or kleptomaniac or whatever) and cannot help himself. Or those G scholars will say, this guy is too poor, that's why he keeps on stealing, re-offending. Talk to those people and get to know them better first before you run to your standard "O" level & "A" level textbook answers.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?245913-Why-do-ex-offenders-keep-re-offending&goto=newpost).