PDA

View Full Version : Do u all think we should not have U/G drivers in the first place?

pokermon
09-07-2017, 03:38 PM
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/passenger-killed-after-uber-car-crashes-into-tree-along-xilin-avenue-driver-arrested?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1499585104

2 main reasons
1) Snatch taxi drivers ricebowl
2) Keep looking at the GPS, reckless.

siamkia49
09-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Accidents will happen to anyone.
I don't think we should throw away the whole basket just because of 1 or 2 bad eggs.

conquer
09-07-2017, 04:52 PM
According to your logic, cars should not have been invented. :o

yying
09-07-2017, 04:58 PM
According to your logic, cars should not have been invented. :o

Agree!
:D

crazyivan
09-07-2017, 04:59 PM
no cars , i believe the world is ending soon :p

Sonie
09-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Why the media only highlight accidents caused by Grab/Hitch drivers? What about those reckless taxi drivers?

crazyivan
09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Why the media only highlight accidents caused by Grab/Hitch drivers? What about those reckless taxi drivers?

because taxi companies are owned by garment :rolleyes:

strikeback4
09-07-2017, 05:45 PM
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/passenger-killed-after-uber-car-crashes-into-tree-along-xilin-avenue-driver-arrested?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1499585104

2 main reasons
1) Snatch taxi drivers ricebowl
2) Reckless driving

1) Taxi drivers when lack of any competition, they will be picky and choose when and where they want to pick up passengers resulting lack of taxis on non-peak period, competition from U/G Drivers and taxi drivers will not be so choosy

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/taxis-vanishing-from-airport-queues-before-peak-hour

2) Taxi drivers are also involved in many reckless driving which also resulted in lost of many lives

https://www.facebook.com/Stop-Reckless-Taxi-Driving-in-Singapore-521303101234462/

doctrine
09-07-2017, 05:59 PM
uber and grab have benefited many people who do not own cars, by offering a very convenient option to travel. Public transport service have not been performing well, so this essentially came to our country at the right time.

Why so much hate on it? Any vehicle can get into accidents too.

BuyNewCar
09-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Main problem is not many of them use new car

lipe
09-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Is pokermon = dreamknightz ?

Why the animosity against Uber and Grab drivers?

Please have a look on the ultimate shareholders of Uber, Grab and major taxi companies.

It is akin to telling the world our bus services are run by different companies. Thus there is "competition". Except the latest operator, the original bus companies have the same shareholder.

pokermon
09-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Is pokermon = dreamknightz ?

Why the animosity against Uber and Grab drivers?

Please have a look on the ultimate shareholders of Uber, Grab and major taxi companies.

It is akin to telling the world our bus services are run by different companies. Thus there is "competition". Except the latest operator, the original bus companies have the same shareholder.

Keep looking at the GPS, reckless. They are endangering passengers lives. If not zai, they should not be U/G drivers in the first place.

BuyNewCar
09-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Looking at map, not looking at GPS.

Keep looking at the GPS, reckless. They are endangering passengers lives. If not zai, they should not be U/G drivers in the first place.

I Love Boobs
09-07-2017, 10:11 PM
I started driving for Uber and Grab full-time after I got retrenched from my previous job in the media industry..
Those were hedonistic days back then!
The current job market is tough, and us in the late 30s have a tough time competing for jobs.

It's not the best money, and I'm taking a significant pay cut compared to before.
But bear in mind, the alternative is complete and total unemployment.

I sacrifice my weekends and drive nights when the weather is cooler.
At least it pays for the bills and my rented room....

BuyNewCar
09-07-2017, 10:12 PM
U/G driver pay is pathetic you know?

09-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Taxis had it all too good. Complaints of no cabs around esp during peak hours was all too frequent. Now that the govt have opened up that market, you dont hear complaints from consumers but taxi uncle all kpkb. Too bad.

madman
10-07-2017, 12:33 AM

Just curious, how many taxis on the road are new?

fringe929
10-07-2017, 03:22 AM
Don't agree with TS.

I see Uber/Grab being beneficial both to the consumer and provider. Win win situation. If you not happy with them keep looking at their map on their hp, don't take them. Nobody forcing you.

Accidents? u know how many accidents by taxi so far? Go google, the images and data will shock you.

Gambass
10-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Who is the "them" are you referring to?

BuyNewCar
10-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Kee hong kang

Who is the "them" are you referring to?

Anfield2017
10-07-2017, 10:02 AM
This Uber driver at 22 years old too young. Also inexperienced lah. Also dun know the roads well.

Gambass
10-07-2017, 10:50 AM
You lor!:p

What is lor? :p

unicornboy
10-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Don't agree with TS.

I see Uber/Grab being beneficial both to the consumer and provider. Win win situation. If you not happy with them keep looking at their map on their hp, don't take them. Nobody forcing you.

Accidents? u know how many accidents by taxi so far? Go google, the images and data will shock you.

I support your post. Existence of Uber and Grab is the right move by the government. We need competition. Bloody taxi uncle been too complacent. Fussy. Can ask were i am going and just say not going my destination. Abit competition cry father cry mother.

RayClemence
10-07-2017, 02:55 PM
This Uber driver at 22 years old too young. Also inexperienced lah. Also dun know the roads well.

Agree with you on this.

JAVgent
10-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Uber and Grab are great alternatives because they cannot be controlled by the taxi cartel. If the taxi industry was more competitive, the huge opening wouldn't be there for uber and grab.. thus if there is anyone to blame for the success of uber/grab, it will be the taxi companies themselves.

Master007
10-07-2017, 09:28 PM

Come on, nowadays almost all taxi drivers also looking at gps. They zai or not, lta gave them license then they can drive aldy. Who are we to say they cannot? U think they dun value their lives? Of cos they wouldnt wanna get into an accident as well. There are no stats to say that the percentage of uber grab drivers are causing the majority of the accidents isnt it?

And i am just curious, what happened between u and them? Are u a taxi driver or sonething?

KnightShop
11-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Taxis had it all too good. Complaints of no cabs around esp during peak hours was all too frequent. Now that the govt have opened up that market, you dont hear complaints from consumers but taxi uncle all kpkb. Too bad.

True, now they cannot "hang up and sell" :D

terryhehe
12-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Evolution change.
70 years ago horse rider ask the world same question.
Do you think we shouldn't have car in the first place.

Too used to peak hour taxi drivers all put busy while empty inside. They just want people to go fucking book to earn extra.

lipe
12-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Bros

The bulk of taxis are owned by GLC of Temasek Holding
Comfort Taxi - 10,000 taxis
CityCab - 5,000 taxis
SMRT Taxis - 3,000 taxis

These are privately owned taxi companies.
TransCab - 1,300 taxis
Premier Taxis - 2,000 taxis
Prime Taxi - 100 taxis
Yellow-Top Taxi - 480 taxis

Before Uber and Grab enter the scene, their rental rates, especially the top three, are squeezing the taxi drivers.

In addition, with all sorts of surcharge it was regular complain that taxis disappear before the magic midnight hour and appear immediately appear after the stroke of midnight.

Now Uber and Grab are changing the taxi and hired car scene. More competition are good for consumers.

In Singapore context, the government has a finger in every economic spheres. Do not buy their "competition" stories as in various bus companies.

seventynine
15-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I support your post. Existence of Uber and Grab is the right move by the government. We need competition. Bloody taxi uncle been too complacent. Fussy. Can ask were i am going and just say not going my destination. Abit competition cry father cry mother.

Yup, if cabbies can't stand the heat of competition or think that U/G drivers are winning over their ricebowl, nothing is stopping them from switching over.

Loyalty for that particular taxi company they're in for many years?
Come on, you love the company but the company don't love you. Accumulate enough demerit points or complaints and they'll sack you all the same.

Perhaps one strong reason for them not switching is they'll lose their beloved taxi kakis with whom they had been bitching loudly together about U/G at the kopitiams :rolleyes:

http://orig04.deviantart.net/3707/f/2016/199/4/1/star_wars_traitor_gif_by_mrarcadium-daafqoh.gif

fuckburger
15-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Bros

The bulk of taxis are owned by GLC of Temasek Holding
Comfort Taxi - 10,000 taxis
CityCab - 5,000 taxis
SMRT Taxis - 3,000 taxis

These are privately owned taxi companies.
TransCab - 1,300 taxis
Premier Taxis - 2,000 taxis
Prime Taxi - 100 taxis
Yellow-Top Taxi - 480 taxis

Before Uber and Grab enter the scene, their rental rates, especially the top three, are squeezing the taxi drivers.

In addition, with all sorts of surcharge it was regular complain that taxis disappear before the magic midnight hour and appear immediately appear after the stroke of midnight.

Now Uber and Grab are changing the taxi and hired car scene. More competition are good for consumers.

In Singapore context, the government has a finger in every economic spheres. Do not buy their "competition" stories as in various bus companies.

Well said bro!

hotguy2468
15-07-2017, 05:02 PM
I was Uber driver for past 2 years and when LTA came out with drivers must have PHV licence to drive Uber...... they would not allow me to attend the course for the PHV license...... so I had to stop end of last month.

While sourcing around for another job..... someone introduce me this lobang. Register as Uber driver in Malaysia. I rented an address in JB and now is Uber driver again doing mainly cross border trips to/fro JB/SGP :D

LTA think they are smart to introduce regulations but cannot stop this loophole.
Most of my customers are either Malaysians living in JB and working in SGP or Expats/ Singaporeans working in SGP but living in JB. There is no difference in takings for me as the Malaysia Uber fares are similar to the SGP Uber fares. :D