PDA

View Full Version : Serious Analysis and Critique of LHL Ministerial Statement, July 3rd

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-07-2017, 01:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Their allegations are entirely baseless. But they have already damaged Singapore’s reputation. Unrebutted, they can affect Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government. I therefore have no choice but to address them promptly and publicly. I also have to do so in Parliament. Under the Constitution, the Prime Minister is the person who commands the confidence of the majority of the Members of Parliament. As the PM, I have a duty to explain myself to MPs, and to rebut in Parliament the allegations against me and my Government.

The sneaky bastard Gay Loong is trying here to say that an attack on him is an attack on the govt. Contrary to what he says, I think all Singaporeans still have confidence in their govt. That is not the issue. The issue whether they have confidence in him to lead them, and he does not address that here. But the siblings have been very careful to direct their attacks on him and Ho Ching, and in the Ministers that have been arrowed to defend him. They have not attacked the govt in any shape or form. Its convenient for Gay Loong to say that people are losing their confidence in the govt because of these allegations, and this is completely untrue. Nice try. In addition, he has not addressed them promptly at all, waiting until this July 3rd session in Parliament. In addition, no where does it say he has to rebut his siblings in PArliament. He could have simply send an email out to all the MPs to rebut their statements, or even given an interview to any media or press group. I have to say that rebutting his siblings over what is basically a private family matter in a public govt forum like the Parliament by itself is already an abuse of power. LWL and LHY have done a very effective job of rebutting Whore Jinx and Gay Loong without the benefit of a Parliamentary session, and in this day of social media, for such a tech savvy PeeM to say that it has to be addressed in Parliament is nothing short of bullshit.

I know many Singaporeans are upset by this issue. They are tired of the subject, and wish it would end. I too am upset that things have reached this state.

On the contrary, judging by traffic to this forum and elsewhere, I would say singaporeans are not tired of the subject and are following every FB post with gusto. Many singaporeans do not want it to end, myself included. It seems the longer it drags out, the more damaging information is released by the siblings and the more rope is given to Gay Loong to hang himself.

When I saw this letter the next morning, that means 21 July 2011, I immediately invited him to make his case in person to Cabinet. I thought that with his force of personality and conviction, meeting the Ministers would give him the best chance to convince Cabinet, as he had done so many times before. My father agreed to come. He met Cabinet that very afternoon. But the Ministers were unanimous in expressing their opposition to knocking the house down. I was the only one who did not express a view, because I was both the son and the PM and therefore, conflicted.

So, basically, this asshole Loong, even after being told multiple times by his father that he wants the house torn down after his death, still forced his father to go in front of the cabinet to "convince Cabinet" that the house should be torn down? What fucking wayang is this? Cabinet is 100% controlled by Gay Loong himself. At anytime, if he chooses to, he can tell them that the house will be torn down and Cabinet would be tripping over themselves to say what a good idea it is. Why does Cabinet need to be convinced by a retired Old Fart? Cabinet simply has to be ordered by Gay Loong to announce that the house will be torn down according to Old fart's wishes. It was after this meeting that Old Fart returned to Oxley and that is where Wei Ling saw him quite distraught. gay Loong is such a hypocrite here.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?244877-Analysis-and-Critique-of-LHL-Ministerial-Statement-July-3rd&goto=newpost).