PDA

View Full Version : A Reason, A Season or A Lifetime

happywoody
09-03-2017, 01:54 PM
People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed or just felt. They have come to assist you through a hard time, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. Then, suddenly, the person disappears from your life. Your need has been met; their work is done.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share or grow or give back. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They give you great joy. Believe it; it is real. But only for a season.

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons—things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all your other relationships.

Think about the people in your life over the years. Whether they were there for a reason, a season or a lifetime, accept them and treasure them for however long they were meant to be part of your life.

And when they are gone, be thankful for the gifts you received from them when they were here—for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Just sharing with bros and sis. Someone shared it with me and I feel it speaks to me. It helps me understand, treasure and also let go of relationships.

Zai
09-03-2017, 02:44 PM
wooooooah got a good knowledge about this, wonderful. Thanks

mintyone
11-03-2017, 08:33 PM
This is a very insightful post... Everyone of us had all sort of people coming into our lives: some good some bad some worse... and we entering people lives leaving our imprints on theirs.. Recently i had someone who came into my life and leave unforgettable prints (and still leaving memories as i was typing this)
Though Iam fully aware the memories he has created will one day stop its run but i never stop reminding myself to thoroughly enjoy every moment and appreciate the beauty and be grateful i have the chance to experience them (even though they may be short-lived).

sometimes we are fixated on trying to prolong these pleasures or fearful of losing them that we forget to enjoy and appreciate them.

snakeking87
12-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Meaningful and it goes way back. It's here. Just one of the site.

http://www.considerthismoment.com/reason-season-lifetime/

happywoody
13-03-2017, 10:42 AM
thanks bros for sharing from your perspective.
sometimes a lover comes into your life and changes it.
i used to be rather confused about what it would all lead to (but of course enjoying the relationship and intimacy at the same time ;) ).
with age and wisdom if you can call it that, i've learn to accept the ephemeral nature of the association - be it just for a reason or a season.

wonder what are the views from sis here? any different?

Fade
16-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Why can't it just last? Like go on and on if it's good? I hate it when the good ends and feeling all down... the cycle repeats.

Shadow_warrior
17-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Very nice thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRkxq-uhN94

happywoody
17-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Why can't it just last? Like go on and on if it's good? I hate it when the good ends and feeling all down... the cycle repeats.

That's what it's trying to explain - perhaps that relationship is only meant to last a season ...

Stud00
18-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Meaningful..

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed or just felt. They have come to assist you through a hard time, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. Then, suddenly, the person disappears from your life. Your need has been met; their work is done.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share or grow or give back. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They give you great joy. Believe it; it is real. But only for a season.

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons—things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all your other relationships.

Think about the people in your life over the years. Whether they were there for a reason, a season or a lifetime, accept them and treasure them for however long they were meant to be part of your life.

And when they are gone, be thankful for the gifts you received from them when they were here—for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Just sharing with bros and sis. Someone shared it with me and I feel it speaks to me. It helps me understand, treasure and also let go of relationships.

nutman38
18-03-2017, 04:19 AM
These are just some quotes I saw from the internet.
Hope it helps those who are feeling sad or depress right now!

1) God puts people in your life for a reason.
And Removes them from your life for a better reason!

2) Sometimes you don't realize the weight of something you have been carrying.
Until you feel the weight of its release.

3) Don't waste time looking back on what you have lost.
Move on, life is not meant to travel backwards.

4) Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present!

5) Time heals almost everything, give it time!
If not, please give time more time!

6) Stop thinking too much.
It's alright not to know the answers.
They will come to you when you least expect it.

7) Smile! You don't own all the problems in the world!

Hope it helps!!:)