PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat SPG Became Corporate Success After Getting Dumped Multiple Times! Huat Ah!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-03-2017, 09:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

<div>TRUE STORY: I took my children and fled from my abusive husband

After escaping from an abusive marriage, Kim Underhill shares how she went from being a young single mother to being at the top of the corporate game.

Kenna dumped by Angmo still have the surname? Funny right?

8 March 2017 by Clara How

The second time I was abused, I found myself in hospital. That was the moment when I realised that I cannot stay here in this marriage. There was no reason for me to stay. My children were growing up, and my daughter was old enough to understand what was happening. My husband was drinking himself stupid at home while he was on medical leave, and I was constantly living in fear. So I slowly and quietly packed some of our belongings and hid them in my neighbour’s house until an opportunity came for us to go. And when it came, I took two suitcases and my children, drove to the airport and flew back to Singapore. I was terrified that he would find us, but I knew that we would be safe away from him.

I became a single mother at 23

I grew up in a family of five, living in a three-room flat. We lived in a rough neighbourhood, with gambling dens around the corner. By and large, it was a happy childhood. When I was 14 I decided that studying just wasn’t for me, so I dropped out of school and went to work in a boutique. Plus, money at home was so tight because my dad would use his income to fund his gambling and drinking habits. It was only until he passed away from lung cancer did I discover that he had been abusing my mother in front of my two siblings. My mother truly is my inspiration – she worked three jobs to support the family financially, and she still found the time to raise us. Throughout everything, my mother has stood by me.

After I left school, I learnt how to type and worked in administrative jobs. At the age of 23, I found myself pregnant by a colleague whom I was dating. To my dismay, he disappeared – I later discovered that he had been dating someone in England and had gotten her pregnant as well. In desperation, I flew to England to try to look for him to no success, and after a month I had to go home. I tried to keep my pregnancy from my mother for as long as I could, but eventually she found out and was heartbroken. But when my daughter was born, we both fell in love with her and I couldn’t give her up for adoption.

In search for job opportunities, I went to Brunei to earn a living. It was there that I met my first husband. He was a wonderful man who loved my daughter. But the day we got married I asked myself why I made this decision – and the answer was that I married him for the sake of my child. When I found myself pregnant again, I realised that I did not want to live in Brunei for the rest of my life. I flew back to Singapore to give birth, telling him that I preferred the medical systems at home. But the truth was that I did not want to return to Brunei. After six months of refusing to go back, I decided it was only fair to him to ask for a divorce. He was a great person, but he married the wrong woman – my heart was just not there. Back then, I was stubborn. I did what I wanted without thinking about the consequences.<b><font color="#FF0000">