PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Hurricane88
16-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Clearsky ....

Thanks for your birthday wishes .. thanks :)

Happy birthday to you...hope you have many many returns...:)

Flamer89
16-05-2012, 10:54 PM
happy birthday to shysaint bro :)

repsoi
17-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi Bros,

Tomorrow 17th May is my wife birthday & I'm just wondering how to celebrate this special occasion with her, I remember last year she was into her 8 month pregnant so we just simply have dinner at home with a birthday cake & this year I plan to celebrate outside but it just bother me where to go, bros out there mind to share how did you celebrate your wife birthday

Hi, normally i will bring my wife to a eating place at joo chiat to eat vietnamese food, the place name i think its call long phuong or something, very nice n good food, always crowded and all the staff are vietnamese.

shysaint
17-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Happy birthday to you...hope you have many many returns...:)

Cam on anh nhieu :D

happy birthday to shysaint bro :)

Thank you very much :)

shysaint
17-05-2012, 08:57 AM
the place name i think its call long phuong or something, very nice n good food, always crowded and all the staff are vietnamese.

Yes .. it's called Long Phuong ...

I always eat there too ... BUT I still prefer the 1st restaurant on the same row before LP.

vietboy
17-05-2012, 09:04 AM

I always eat there too ... BUT I still prefer the 1st restaurant on the same row before LP.

Better than LP? In taste? For me, so far LP is one of the better viet restaurants. Yet to try the one mentioned by u.

Was told by Viet friends before tat LP is the best in that stretch. Tat is wat made me go try in the 1st place. N i find its better than the one in GL Lor 40.

Blast88
17-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi Bro Shysaint,

Happy Birthday to you too. So your bd is same as my wife, have you plan for any celebration today?

Blast88
17-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi, normally i will bring my wife to a eating place at joo chiat to eat vietnamese food, the place name i think its call long phuong or something, very nice n good food, always crowded and all the staff are vietnamese.

Hi, I been there with my wife before the food taste ok, however it a bit salty, any bros ever try a Viet restaurant 'Orange Lantern', how does the food taste?

SingViet
17-05-2012, 09:39 AM

I also go there often toeat with my wifey,but my meals there are always lunch. The taste is authentic, very much the same as what we get back in HCMC.

jf66312
17-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks ... u already done that in Facebook :D

thank you :)

hjhj...i also have facebook roi... :D

shysaint
17-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Better than LP? In taste? For me, so far LP is one of the better viet restaurants. Yet to try the one mentioned by u.

Was told by Viet friends before tat LP is the best in that stretch. Tat is wat made me go try in the 1st place. N i find its better than the one in GL Lor 40.

I said prefer . Never said better ... u har always interpret wrongly .. u better speak TV lah ;)

Because u all only try there .. yes LP is much better than GL 40 and I agree :)

But to say LP is the best in that stretch .. i dun agree ... LP offers a lot of variety thats why people go there ... different restaurant is good at certain dishes , therefore not all dishes are good ...

shysaint
17-05-2012, 11:57 AM

u have ... add me @ [email protected]

Honey Boon
17-05-2012, 12:57 PM
you invite all of us here and we will tell you where to celebrate :D

Hi Bros,

Tomorrow 17th May is my wife birthday & I'm just wondering how to celebrate this special occasion with her, I remember last year she was into her 8 month pregnant so we just simply have dinner at home with a birthday cake & this year I plan to celebrate outside but it just bother me where to go, bros out there mind to share how did you celebrate your wife birthday

Honey Boon
17-05-2012, 01:04 PM
haha nice.... LP restaurant ... do they serve LP? :D

I said prefer . Never said better ... u har always interpret wrongly .. u better speak TV lah ;)

But to say LP is the best in that stretch .. i dun agree ... LP offers a lot of variety thats why people go there ... different restaurant is good at certain dishes , therefore not all dishes are good ...

KangTuo
17-05-2012, 10:47 PM
I have applied for LTVP/LTVP+ online 5 days ago and my bx social pass is granted extension for additional month. Am waiting for reply on the application...
Its my turn to ask question on LTVP application now :)
i search thru the thread but info is scattered here and there.. or even can't find info i wanted (ok ok, call me lazy :p)

Read this link http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171#Documents Required on documents required and procedure...

•All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
•Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.

My bx prepared the below documents...
1) Original ID, photocopied ID with red stamp, translated ID copy with red stamp
2) photocopied birth cert with red stamp, translated birth cert copy with red stamp
3) photocopied household booklet with red stamp, translated household booklet copy with red stamp

What is meant by original? i.e. the household booklet and birth cert are photocopied with the red vn stamp... are those consider original? Or need to bring the Original one over?

My bx even prepared cert of married status with red stamp, translated copy with red stamp which i think its not required...

KangTuo
17-05-2012, 10:54 PM
haha nice.... LP restaurant ... do they serve LP? :D

you are indeed having a bad day today after seeing rubbish you replied here and in the TCSS in whatsapp :)
you need to go back you HG and had your LP serviced :p

KangTuo
17-05-2012, 11:04 PM

That restaurant is call Quynh Giao (QG)

forget about those viet resturant at GL area... none is good.

QG has its good food.. i.e com suon bi cha, goi cuon and bun mum
LP has its good food.. i.e pho bo hue, hu tieu nam vang and com xao thit bo

i was told by a vb that there is no com xao thit bo in vn :confused:

vietboy
18-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi, I been there with my wife before the food taste ok, however it a bit salty, any bros ever try a Viet restaurant 'Orange Lantern', how does the food taste?

'Orange Lantern' is over priced. 1 bowl of pho there i can have 2 bowls at LP. Taste wise i dun know. Heard it so so. I looked at the price, my legs refuse to walk in.

vietboy
18-05-2012, 08:15 AM

add me pls! And join our FB group! :)

vietboy
18-05-2012, 08:22 AM

No lah. U say u prefer ma, must be some reason why u prefer ma. Like taste, vbs? :D Thats y i asked is it better taste tat made u prefer QG. Interprete wrongly better than being said to challenge others. :p

I was told by my viet friends as they have tried all the restaurants in that stretch. But for me, i yet to try the others.

vietboy
18-05-2012, 08:30 AM
That restaurant is call Quynh Giao (QG)

forget about those viet resturant at GL area... none is good.

QG has its good food.. i.e com suon bi cha, goi cuon and bun mum
LP has its good food.. i.e pho bo hue, hu tieu nam vang and com xao thit bo

i was told by a vb that there is no com xao thit bo in vn :confused:

Yes quite true. Nvr see tat dish on all the menus i have seen over there or maybe some eateries tat serves tat but just tat i dun know.

vietboy
18-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I have applied for LTVP/LTVP+ online 5 days ago and my bx social pass is granted extension for additional month. Am waiting for reply on the application...
i search thru the thread but info is scattered here and there.. or even can't find info i wanted (ok ok, call me lazy :p)

Read this link http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171#Documents Required on documents required and procedure...

•All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
•Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.

1) Original ID, photocopied ID with red stamp, translated ID copy with red stamp
2) photocopied birth cert with red stamp, translated birth cert copy with red stamp
3) photocopied household booklet with red stamp, translated household booklet copy with red stamp

What is meant by original? i.e. the household booklet and birth cert are photocopied with the red vn stamp... are those consider original? Or need to bring the Original one over?

My bx even prepared cert of married status with red stamp, translated copy with red stamp which i think its not required...

'Original' means the documents from which you photocopied from.

Those 3 tat u mentioned dun seem to be needed for LTVP application. Heard they are only needed for PR application. Those 3 tat u mentioned are considered originals when there is a red stamp on it. U have to make photocopies from them for submission next time if needed(for PR application). Pls submit the photocopies. :D

Just prepare those mentioned on the website. They wont ask for more lah. They are just for verification purposes but they will keep yur photocopies. And the verification takes only 5 mins! Can get the card on that day. Hope tat helps. :)

shysaint
18-05-2012, 08:55 AM
add me pls! And join our FB group! :)

u all add me first ... SV might not have met u all and know u all .. I add you all to the group and will ask him to approve the add.

shysaint
18-05-2012, 08:58 AM
QG has its good food.. i.e bun mum

YES .. thats the reason I alwasy go there coz my wife Love this dish :D

shysaint
18-05-2012, 09:03 AM
you are indeed having a bad day today after seeing rubbish you replied here and in the TCSS in whatsapp :)

hahahahahahhahhahahahha ....

elth
18-05-2012, 09:30 AM
u all add me first ... SV might not have met u all and know u all .. I add you all to the group and will ask him to approve the add.

ask SV to make u admin too :D

Blast88
18-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Hi Bro Kangtuo,

Recently, my bx just got her LTVP+, I also tried to apply online for her 6 month before her 1 year LTVP expired & within 3 weeks ICA had sent me an email stating in-principle approval so we fixed an appt. for formaility of submssion all required documentaion. Following are what I have submitted

1) Marriage cert
2) Child birth cert
3) 3 years income tax
4) cpf contribution
5) employer letter

I remember the household booklet & marrital status cert, they only require during the 1st time when you apply LTVP for your bx & subsequently renewal they never request it anymore.

SingViet
18-05-2012, 09:52 AM

All are welcome. :D

asdfghjkl
18-05-2012, 10:14 AM
can i join the facebook group too? ipo tonight ler.. :)

Honey Boon
18-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I know your bad day was reversed .... ya... HG... here I come soon :D

jklpoi
18-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Thats it, its all settle out, i am going to marry by ba xa 5 june 2012, which is 2.5 weeks from now.

I am going to join the community of "Ong Xa" in the sammyboy forum from now on.

What i like to say is that Viet girls are really sweet and caring and dammn freaking fierce to you if you are really their special one. My arm still bear the blue black where she pinch me just because i joke with her that i go other KTV find ladies.

I am hoping i make the right choice, nah, i am pretty certain 99% i make the right choice in making her my wife.

By the way, i heard that she must have LTVP for 6 mth before i can apply resale flat. So i want to ask the kind bros here if there is any room i can rent for 6 months or more? Around bugis, serangoon, lavendar or near those places area? budget maybe around 600 - 650?

vietboy
18-05-2012, 02:28 PM

I added u liao ma. Also joined the grp liao. :D

vietboy
18-05-2012, 02:29 PM
can i join the facebook group too? ipo tonight ler.. :)

Wats ipo?? :confused:

KangTuo
18-05-2012, 03:22 PM
'Original' means the documents from which you photocopied from.

Those 3 tat u mentioned dun seem to be needed for LTVP application. Heard they are only needed for PR application. Those 3 tat u mentioned are considered originals when there is a red stamp on it.

cam on cam on :)

KangTuo
18-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I remember the household booklet & marrital status cert, they only require during the 1st time when you apply LTVP for your bx & subsequently renewal they never request it anymore.

cam on cam on :)

KangTuo
18-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I know your bad day was reversed .... ya... HG... here I come soon :D

when you go, you must remeber that there are few bros waiting for you to call them to tag along ok?

Blast88
18-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Thats it, its all settle out, i am going to marry by ba xa 5 june 2012, which is 2.5 weeks from now.

What i like to say is that Viet girls are really sweet and caring and dammn freaking fierce to you if you are really their special one. My arm still bear the blue black where she pinch me just because i joke with her that i go other KTV find ladies.

I am hoping i make the right choice, nah, i am pretty certain 99% i make the right choice in making her my wife.

By the way, i heard that she must have LTVP for 6 mth before i can apply resale flat. So i want to ask the kind bros here if there is any room i can rent for 6 months or more? Around bugis, serangoon, lavendar or near those places area? budget maybe around 600 - 650?

Hi bro jklpoi,

Congratulation, welcome to our community. I'm also having the hesitation whether I make a right choice of marrying vietnamese especially both of us are coming from diff. background & cultures, the common interest that tight us up together is 'eat', both of us enjoy eating good food & I will drive her island wide during weekend sourcing for the best hawker food. Initially, I'm concerned whether can she adapt to our local food & what surprised me are beside chinese food, any malay & Indian food I recommend her to eat she fall in love, eg mee goreng, mee rebus, indian rojak, mee siam, roti prata, mutton shop, etc especially roti prata kosong with teh halia is her all time favourite.

asdfghjkl
18-05-2012, 04:01 PM
its seems most, if not all sg men, are getting settled in sg.

can anyone share the situation of a couple staying in vietnam and starting a small business like opening a kopitiam?

Flamer89
18-05-2012, 04:41 PM

gxgx bro ! :)

i think i only see marriage in at least 3 years time bah . still young :P

Hurricane88
18-05-2012, 07:13 PM
its seems most, if not all sg men, are getting settled in sg.

can anyone share the situation of a couple staying in vietnam and starting a small business like opening a kopitiam?

life as per normal...better quality and less stress due to slower pace...:)

not sure why you mentioned kopitiam...there are tons of it just in one street...or every corner...:)

Golden question
18-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Wats ipo?? :confused:

bro u never see news pr paper meh?facebook just launch IPO leh,respond is in million leh:D:p

Golden question
18-05-2012, 10:02 PM
'Orange Lantern' is over priced. 1 bowl of pho there i can have 2 bowls at LP. Taste wise i dun know. Heard it so so. I looked at the price, my legs refuse to walk in.

over priced is due to their location and not their taste.But if overprice but taste nice,ppl will still go but if overprice and taste like shit,then our wife cooking is the best:D

Nothing beats a home cook food from your wife after a tiring day and this is what my wife insist on cooking for me even though sometime i told her not to if is troublesome for her cos she have to wake up early to cook

Golden question
18-05-2012, 10:17 PM
The lower class viets open attitude towards sex is not westernised nor singaporeanised. Its the way the lower society operates in their country .Sex is used as a tool to earn a living, so attitudes towards sex is more open, surely more open than normal singaporeans. The same applies to the lower society of thailand and china, where they export lots of sex workers. I remember when i first arrived in Vietnam, i asked my viet friend what the viets like to do when they are free, his immediate answer is `lam tinh'. I thought he was joking but after some time there, i realised what he said is true.

Really really true.Their green passport can easily outnumber PRC brown passport here:eek: when check in with customer here except that they got rewarded with 'yussof ishak' here :D

vietboy
19-05-2012, 12:17 AM

why must rent place for yur bx? get her to stay with u ma, it will save $$

vietboy
19-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi bro jklpoi,

Congratulation, welcome to our community. I'm also having the hesitation whether I make a right choice of marrying vietnamese especially both of us are coming from diff. background & cultures, the common interest that tight us up together is 'eat', both of us enjoy eating good food & I will drive her island wide during weekend sourcing for the best hawker food. Initially, I'm concerned whether can she adapt to our local food & what surprised me are beside chinese food, any malay & Indian food I recommend her to eat she fall in love, eg mee goreng, mee rebus, indian rojak, mee siam, roti prata, mutton shop, etc especially roti prata kosong with teh halia is her all time favourite.

gd to hear yur bx is adapting here well. my bx dun take indian food. she dun like the taste, find it too strong.

vietboy
19-05-2012, 12:22 AM
bro u never see news pr paper meh?facebook just launch IPO leh,respond is in million leh:D:p

orh... not interested... :D

vietboy
19-05-2012, 12:25 AM
over priced is due to their location and not their taste.But if overprice but taste nice,ppl will still go but if overprice and taste like shit,then our wife cooking is the best:D

like i mentioned, i heard taste is so-so only.

Nothing beats a home cook food from your wife after a tiring day and this is what my wife insist on cooking for me even though sometime i told her not to if is troublesome for her cos she have to wake up early to cook

yeah agreed! home cook food with yur bx's love in it is the best! hanh phuc wa! :D

vietboy
19-05-2012, 12:27 AM
gxgx bro ! :)

i think i only see marriage in at least 3 years time bah . still young :P

take yur time, see and choose well :)

SingViet
19-05-2012, 09:37 AM
why must rent place for yur bx? get her to stay with u ma, it will save $$

Vietboy is right to say this, stay with your parents for the time being, if possible. Monthly payments come fast, 4 weeks is not too long. For those bros who have just married Viet spouse, congrats. Whether it is a right choice or not will take time to tell. It will also take lots of patience and communication to make the marriage work. Same culture will be easier but different culture will take a longer time and more communication and more patience. :D

jklpoi
19-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah, i wanted her to stay with me in my home, but space constraint leh...so a little no choice.

So try rent room stay with her loh and also near my work place. Use money save on petrol to top up room rental. >.<

vietboy
19-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Vietboy is right to say this, stay with your parents for the time being, if possible. Monthly payments come fast, 4 weeks is not too long. For those bros who have just married Viet spouse, congrats. Whether it is a right choice or not will take time to tell. It will also take lots of patience and communication to make the marriage work. Same culture will be easier but different culture will take a longer time and more communication and more patience. :D

Adding on: staying with yur parents will have the opportunity of getting them closer n yur parents get to understand n know her better. Same for yur wife, she get to better understand n know yur family members. Again, like bro singviet said, time and communication is important since we are of different cultures.

vietboy
19-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, i wanted her to stay with me in my home, but space constraint leh...so a little no choice.

So try rent room stay with her loh and also near my work place. Use money save on petrol to top up room rental. >.<

I believe yur savings from petrol also not enough to cover the rent. Rent nowadays are so high. $600 plus per mth for a couple a room is quite impossible to find, unless u know the landlord/owner. Usually they charge more for couple compared to singles.

jf66312
19-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I believe yur savings from petrol also not enough to cover the rent. Rent nowadays are so high. $600 plus per mth for a couple a room is quite impossible to find, unless u know the landlord/owner. Usually they charge more for couple compared to singles.

the place i am staying has a spare room for rent...

landlord willing to rent for $600/mth...

but the place has no aircon & is in Jurong... :)

asdfghjkl
19-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I am currently renting out my M room for $800, everything is included. With such a cost, I would recommend you to stay with parents first, never mind the space. ;)

Flamer89
19-05-2012, 12:44 PM
take yur time, see and choose well :)

already choose well le .

just that some issues have to slowly settle it out first :)

vietboy
19-05-2012, 03:22 PM
the place i am staying has a spare room for rent...

landlord willing to rent for $600/mth...

but the place has no aircon & is in Jurong... :)

Jklpoi, u r lucky got kind hearted bros here to offer help.

I am currently renting out my M room for $800, everything is included. With such a cost, I would recommend you to stay with parents first, never mind the space. ;)

Yes agreed. Space can be made. Also the money u saved from rent can be saved up for buying a flat in the future. Have to start thinking of yur future liao. Cannot be renting room forever. This will make more economical sense.

shysaint
21-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Congrats COngrats ... It seems alot like to marry in June .. my anniversary is 5 days after your ;)

By the way, i heard that she must have LTVP for 6 mth before i can apply resale flat.

6 mths Validity for your BX if YOU are under the Age of 35.

Go check on HDB website ...

shysaint
21-05-2012, 10:10 AM

As Spoken to SV ... I will be setting up a Real Life Community for ALL you guys with a Vietameses Spouse ..

The purpose is for interaction among us and our spouse .... Meet-up for makan, picnics .. cooking and etc etc ...

shysaint
21-05-2012, 10:10 AM

As Spoken to Bro SV ... I will be setting up a Community for ALL you guys with a Vietameses Spouse ..

The purpose is for interaction among us and our spouse .... Meet-up for makan, picnics .. cooking and etc etc ...

shysaint
21-05-2012, 10:17 AM
gd to hear yur bx is adapting here well. my bx dun take indian food. she dun like the taste, find it too strong.

My BX also NO take Indian Food ... She says SMELLY .. :p

Blast88
21-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Adding on: staying with yur parents will have the opportunity of getting them closer n yur parents get to understand n know her better. Same for yur wife, she get to better understand n know yur family members. Again, like bro singviet said, time and communication is important since we are of different cultures.

There is 1 chinese saying' Xiang jian how, dong zu nan' , staying together there are bound to have conflict due to different living habit, I believe bros out there whose living together with parents have experiences on these, fortunately for me my wife have always been understanding & give in whatever she can & I also discovered that vietnamese have a rooted culture of respecting the elderly & very good table manner, she always address my parent 1st before eating her lunch or dinner.

shysaint
21-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I added u liao ma. Also joined the grp liao. :D

U A**x F**g har ;)

Blast88
21-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Unlike other VL, she just simply enjoyed eating malay or indian food, every alternate nite,we will go to this prata shop located at thomson rd for supper & I think it make the best prata in singapore ( far better than jalan kayu)

Honey Boon
21-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I prefer to be activated .... :D ... still waiting.... still waiting .... :D

when you go, you must remeber that there are few bros waiting for you to call them to tag along ok?

shysaint
21-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Unlike other VL, she just simply enjoyed eating malay or indian food, every alternate nite,we will go to this prata shop located at thomson rd for supper & I think it make the best prata in singapore ( far better than jalan kayu)

Good .. Good to hear that :)

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 12:23 PM
by the way, I assume Viet spouse are not working in SG, even if they are allowed? :o

vietboy
21-05-2012, 12:55 PM
As Spoken to Bro SV ... I will be setting up a Community for ALL you guys with a Vietameses Spouse ..

Good! Looking forward to tat! :D

vietboy
21-05-2012, 01:08 PM

Smelly till wanna vomit? Hihi

vietboy
21-05-2012, 01:16 PM
There is 1 chinese saying' Xiang jian how, dong zu nan' , staying together there are bound to have conflict due to different living habit, I believe bros out there whose living together with parents have experiences on these, fortunately for me my wife have always been understanding & give in whatever she can & I also discovered that vietnamese have a rooted culture of respecting the elderly & very good table manner, she always address my parent 1st before eating her lunch or dinner.

Yes agreed with u tat staying together bound to have some conflict. Tats y 1 party have to be the giving in party and try to change. As our parents are alreadied in their 50s, 60s, its hard for them to change. So we have to be the giving in party n change. We have to let our wifes understand this. I'm glad my wife is understanding and always giving in to my parents. Now, my parents also changed to more n more accept her.

Yes, agreed with u again on tat they have strong culture of respecting elderly. I remembered when my mum said something that is not good to hear, my wife just keep quiet. If for local modern gals, sure talk back. Like the case of my auntie n her DIL, now they sort of ongoing cold war.

vietboy
21-05-2012, 01:17 PM
U A**x F**g har ;)

Nope, i'm CHB. :D

vietboy
21-05-2012, 01:50 PM
by the way, I assume Viet spouse are not working in SG, even if they are allowed? :o

Dun quite understand yur question.
But i assumed that u r asking whether Viet spouses dont want to work even though they r allowed to, am i rite?
If yes, why wouldn't they work even though they r allowed to? Unless they have the thinking of being a tai-tai here after marriage. So far only 2 of the viet gals that i know who r married here r not working saying it their husband that dun allow them to work.
Here is my 2 dongs: if its the wife who dun wanna work, this said so much about that person. If its the husband who dun allow them to work, its either he is rich, or he is selfish. Its like marrying a "maid cum child bearing machine" lock her up in the house to cook n do chores for the guy n let him f end of the day.
By going to work, she wont feel bored at hm, can contribute to family income n savings for future child, house, etc. also the wife can learn more new things about living life in singapore. Yes, she is vietnamese, but she is still human being. We as human beings are social animals, we need interaction and communication.
Above are just my 2 dongs. No offence intended to anyone. :)

Blast88
21-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes agreed with u tat staying together bound to have some conflict. Tats y 1 party have to be the giving in party and try to change. As our parents are alreadied in their 50s, 60s, its hard for them to change. So we have to be the giving in party n change. We have to let our wifes understand this. I'm glad my wife is understanding and always giving in to my parents. Now, my parents also changed to more n more accept her.

Yes, agreed with u again on tat they have strong culture of respecting elderly. I remembered when my mum said something that is not good to hear, my wife just keep quiet. If for local modern gals, sure talk back. Like the case of my auntie n her DIL, now they sort of ongoing cold war.

Fortunately, both of us have a understanding wife otherwise we will surely become POW

shysaint
21-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Nope, i'm CHB. :D

ok ok ok :) hehehhe :p

shysaint
21-05-2012, 02:04 PM
But i assumed that u r asking whether Viet spouses dont want to work even though they r allowed to, am i rite?
If yes, why wouldn't they work even though they r allowed to? Unless they have the thinking of being a tai-tai here after marriage. So far only 2 of the viet gals that i know who r married here r not working saying it their husband that dun allow them to work.
Here is my 2 dongs: if its the wife who dun wanna work, this said so much about that person. If its the husband who dun allow them to work, its either he is rich, or he is selfish. Its like marrying a "maid cum child bearing machine" lock her up in the house to cook n do chores for the guy n let him f end of the day.
By going to work, she wont feel bored at hm, can contribute to family income n savings for future child, house, etc. also the wife can learn more new things about living life in singapore. Yes, she is vietnamese, but she is still human being. We as human beings are social animals, we need interaction and communication.

Eh .... U talking about me har :mad:

I also dun allow my wife to work leh :cool:

Now u know and u can add to your list of 3 .....

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I meant to ask if the wives of the men in this thread are working or not, assuming they can legally.

My feeling is the women would want to work themselves, thus I like to know how many are actually working.

Two of my cousins have Viet wives and the latter are both housewives. I guess we would best agree to disagree that a woman being a housewife is considered slavery or not.

Blast88
21-05-2012, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=vietboy;7241228]Dun quite understand yur question.
Above are just my 2 dongs. No offence intended to anyone. :)[/QUOTE

In my case, my wife will certainly want to work, however questions who is going to look after the baby? We can just simply leave the baby to infant care centre but I always told my wife there are nothing more valuable than seeing our baby growing up process once we miss it there won't be any repeat no matter how much money we earned

jf66312
21-05-2012, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=vietboy;7241228]Dun quite understand yur question.
Above are just my 2 dongs. No offence intended to anyone. :)[/QUOTE

In my case, my wife will certainly want to work, however questions who is going to look after the baby? We can just simply leave the baby to infant care centre but I always told my wife there are nothing more valuable than seeing our baby growing up process once we miss it there won't be any repeat no matter how much money we earned

same situation as mine..i just told my wife wait till our son is older.... :)

Blast88
21-05-2012, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=Blast88;7241320]

same situation as mine..i just told my wife wait till our son is older.... :)

Looking at the topic of child care, any bros out there mind to share your experiences of leaving your baby or child to child care centre? Eg, the charges, services, child adaptation,etc. I believe the situation is quite common among all bros whose have baby or child, usually they are more sticky to mother whose sepnd most time with them.

jf66312
21-05-2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=jf66312;7241471]

Looking at the topic of child care, any bros out there mind to share your experiences of leaving your baby or child to child care centre? Eg, the charges, services, child adaptation,etc. I believe the situation is quite common among all bros whose have baby or child, usually they are more sticky to mother whose sepnd most time with them.

not sure abt exact price but a fren of mine told me its abt 400 plus per semester for putting at those hdb child care centre...and think its abt 2-3 hrs daily...

am checking out soon...will post here when i have more concrete info... :)

SingViet
21-05-2012, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=jf66312;7241471]

My pair of twin gals went thru a few years of childcare. From N1 to K2, that's like 4 years of childcare, before proceeding to Primary 1. My youngest boy is going through it now at N1. I placed my gals in PAP childcare initially from N1 to N2 as its much cheaper. My oldest gal don't have baby bonus under old scheme but my 2nd gal has. So both of them were using the same baby bonus of my younger gal. As my wife is Singapore Citizen and working, there's a relief of $150 per kid. I cannot really remember what was the school fees like then, but its not expensive. At K1, i saw that my gals were not improving much as the classes at PAP were big, so i transferred my gals to private (Kinderland) . After $150 working mother relief, the school fees per kid per month was at $650. Baby bonus pay half, i pay half. Because the class size was much smaller, my gals improved a lot.

Things are much different now for my boy. After working mother relief, school fees is still at $1000 as i placed him under private too ( Learning Vision) . Baby bonus pay half, i pay half.

One thing to note is that when your child goes to childcare for the initial few months, he will keep falling sick. Once one of his school mates catch a cold or even hand foot mouth, the chances of your kid catching it too is very high, so be prepared. My boy has been in childcare since 18 months old as i wanted him to learn to be independent from young. Now at 3 years old, he's still crying sometimes in the morning as he refused to go school.

Hope my little sharing helps...

SingViet
21-05-2012, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Blast88;7241593]

not sure abt exact price but a fren of mine told me its abt 400 plus per semester for putting at those hdb child care centre...and think its abt 2-3 hrs daily...

am checking out soon...will post here when i have more concrete info... :)

There's half day or full day childcare. If both are working, take full day better

Blast88
21-05-2012, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Blast88;7241593]

My pair of twin gals went thru a few years of childcare. From N1 to K2, that's like 4 years of childcare, before proceeding to Primary 1. My youngest boy is going through it now at N1. I placed my gals in PAP childcare initially from N1 to N2 as its much cheaper. My oldest gal don't have baby bonus under old scheme but my 2nd gal has. So both of them were using the same baby bonus of my younger gal. As my wife is Singapore Citizen and working, there's a relief of $150 per kid. I cannot really remember what was the school fees like then, but its not expensive. At K1, i saw that my gals were not improving much as the classes at PAP were big, so i transferred my gals to private (Kinderland) . After $150 working mother relief, the school fees per kid per month was at $650. Baby bonus pay half, i pay half. Because the class size was much smaller, my gals improved a lot.

Things are much different now for my boy. After working mother relief, school fees is still at $1000 as i placed him under private too ( Learning Vision) . Baby bonus pay half, i pay half.

One thing to note is that when your child goes to childcare for the initial few months, he will keep falling sick. Once one of his school mates catch a cold or even hand foot mouth, the chances of your kid catching it too is very high, so be prepared. My boy has been in childcare since 18 months old as i wanted him to learn to be independent from young. Now at 3 years old, he's still crying sometimes in the morning as he refused to go school.

Hope my little sharing helps...

Hi Bro SV,

What if only father is working, will there be any relief? Possible to utilise the baby bonus to pay for the full school fee?:confused:

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 04:50 PM
In my case, my wife will certainly want to work

can a husband of a Viet wife share what job would she be taking on? tks.. :)

SingViet
21-05-2012, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=SingViet;7241816]

Hi Bro SV,

What if only father is working, will there be any relief? Possible to utilise the baby bonus to pay for the full school fee?:confused:

I asked the same questions like you initially, but the answer is NO. Only Working Mothers are eligible for subsidy. As for Baby bonus paying for all, its not possible. Let me explain how it works. Unless you have a lump sum to throw into the CDA account to match the dollar for dollar government baby bonus, or else it works this way. For example, now is May, you bank in $500 into your child's CDA, and it must be before the last banking day of the month. By june 20th, you will get a match of $500 in your child's account. So by July 1st, your child's CDA account will have a sum of $1k to pay his school fees. You cannot have that sum of baby bonus and not bank in any money to utilise it.

SingViet
21-05-2012, 05:30 PM

I kind of agree and also disagree with you on this bro. But it all voice down to whether you have kids or not. Before having kids, what you syggested about working is good and recommended. But after having kids, it may be a different story.You will need someone to take care of the kid, unless your mother is willing to help, or else, your wife will have to do the work. If wife works and mother don't help, then employ a maid for $450 (maid salary) + $170 (govt tax) + food ? doesn't make much sense right?

As for interaction, its good to let your wife have some friends. some locals and some viets. My wife has some viet friends, some china friends and some local friends. Some friends will be good for her, but too many also bring lots of trouble and gossips.

jf66312
21-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I kind of agree and also disagree with you on this bro. But it all voice down to whether you have kids or not. Before having kids, what you syggested about working is good and recommended. But after having kids, it may be a different story.You will need someone to take care of the kid, unless your mother is willing to help, or else, your wife will have to do the work. If wife works and mother don't help, then employ a maid for $450 (maid salary) + $170 (govt tax) + food ? doesn't make much sense right?

As for interaction, its good to let your wife have some friends. some locals and some viets. My wife has some viet friends, some china friends and some local friends. Some friends will be good for her, but too many also bring lots of trouble and gossips.

i agree..thats why i told my wife wait till we have hse of our own then we talk abt her going out to work...

at the moment my oc takes care of my little one alone but when i have my flat next year, can bring her mum over to help take care so she can then work...

if not it doesnt make sense to hire someone to babysit while she goes out to work unless she can generate mthly income of 2k... :p

Golden question
21-05-2012, 05:59 PM
haiz,why woman so emotional one?because today whole day i did not message her,now she very angry,she say she love me a lot but i like dont care:(

she dont want to talk to me,ask her why no happy,she say i know:(

Golden question
21-05-2012, 06:02 PM
i agree..thats why i told my wife wait till we have hse of our own then we talk abt her going out to work...

at the moment my oc takes care of my little one alone but when i have my flat next year, can bring her mum over to help take care so she can then work...

if not it doesnt make sense to hire someone to babysit while she goes out to work unless she can generate mthly income of 2k... :p

so the man financial status is very important.If the wife need to work to send money back for her family,then the man must shoulder this duty if he want his wife not to work for the time being

SingViet
21-05-2012, 07:08 PM
haiz,why woman so emotional one?because today whole day i did not message her,now she very angry,she say she love me a lot but i like dont care:(

Maybe she's bored the whole day and wanted to talk to you and listen to your sweet voice.... ;)

KangTuo
21-05-2012, 10:31 PM
whao koaz.. this thread run so fast... already dicuss sbout flat, children, childcare...

i shall search and read back when my turn get nearer :p

Golden question
21-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe she's bored the whole day and wanted to talk to you and listen to your sweet voice.... ;)

Haiz,she say i dont respect her.Just now she 'bombard' me for 20 minute with her 'lecture'.Say she see many time already i no reply and she do a lot for me but i dont care about her.Lucky now ok already.

woman tend to be more emotional and want man attention more but normally guys is the opposite,is a small issue for me but a big issue for her,so just now i just keep quiet cos maybe i was also wrong in the first place by not replying her

Golden question
21-05-2012, 10:42 PM
whao koaz.. this thread run so fast... already dicuss sbout flat, children, childcare...

i shall search and read back when my turn get nearer :p

ya and we should see less contribution from u at WL or JC thread:eek::D

Golden question
21-05-2012, 10:53 PM

this i agreed cos my wife is one of them.saw my wife done a lot of this to my parents and even take down my pass away grandmother photo to pray to pay respect even though we have stop for quite sometime

vietboy
21-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Eh .... U talking about me har :mad:

I also dun allow my wife to work leh :cool:

Now u know and u can add to your list of 3 .....

I mentioned its just my 2 dongs loh. Not intended to anyone.

Wat list? I got a list meh? How come i dun know? :confused:

vietboy
21-05-2012, 11:03 PM

Yes , sorry i didnt clarify tat wat i mentioned is for married yet to have children couples. When have children, its another totally game plan. Everything changes. I agreed with u on this.

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 11:08 PM
can a husband of a Viet wife share what job would she be taking on? tks..

can anyone share the age difference between your wife and you? sorry for being curious. :o

Golden question
21-05-2012, 11:14 PM
can anyone share the age difference between your wife and you? sorry for being curious. :o

why u want to know?:confused:

Golden question
21-05-2012, 11:16 PM

mine is 2 years but i know of 15 years different one.any bro know of 15 years and above one:D

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 11:24 PM
i dun have such knowledge ma.. my two cousins have younger Viet wives.. now the third cousin is marrying a Viet woman who is older by 2 years.. both 30+.

Golden question
21-05-2012, 11:30 PM
i dun have such knowledge ma.. my two cousins have younger Viet wives.. now the third cousin is marrying a Viet woman who is older by 2 years.. both 30+.

why do u need such knowledge?my wife is older than me and i bet i am those minority here:D

vietboy
21-05-2012, 11:56 PM
can a husband of a Viet wife share what job would she be taking on? tks.. :)

Wa, sorry lah my ang mo very lousy, can u put in more simpler straight forward sentences? :D

asdfghjkl
21-05-2012, 11:59 PM
like what job would the Viet wives normally work as in Singapore?

vietboy
22-05-2012, 12:00 AM

U like to post funny funny questions ha? Does age make any difference? If real love existed, age is only a number, it makes no differences.

vietboy
22-05-2012, 12:02 AM

Again u wanna gain such knowledge?
It all depends on wat the wife want to do and wat she can do. I.e. wat skills or knowledge she has.

Golden question
22-05-2012, 12:04 AM

A lot,sit office see computer screen if got paper but if no paper then everyday see toliet paper:D

Golden question
22-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Again u wanna gain such knowledge?
It all depends on wat the wife want to do and wat she can do. I.e. wat skills or knowledge she has.

bro,let her learn lah,she hardworking until go almost all vietnamese thread to post question leh,from what airline we take to go vietnam to what job vietnamese wife do here leh:D

asdfghjkl
22-05-2012, 12:12 AM
i apologise for offending the members here.. i am very new to this scene.. i wont post anymore then. :(

vietboy
22-05-2012, 12:39 AM
A lot,sit office see computer screen if got paper but if no paper then everyday see toliet paper:D

Wa u very the inkful leh n very the rhyme leh. :D

vietboy
22-05-2012, 12:47 AM
bro,let her learn lah,she hardworking until go almost all vietnamese thread to post question leh,from what airline we take to go vietnam to what job vietnamese wife do here leh:D

Her? It a she ha? :confused:
When did i dont let "her" learn? I also did reply to "her" questions.

i apologise for offending the members here.. i am very new to this scene.. i wont post anymore then. :(

U did not offend anyone here. This is a forum u r free to post whatever u like. Its good that u want to know more about foreign spouses. I also answered to uur questions ma. We r all here to share. Just ignore me, i just like to disturb ppl to add some mischief to the all day serious topics. :p

SingViet
22-05-2012, 08:41 AM

My wife is 4 years younger than me. I know singaporeans tend to have the idea that old singaporean man `buy' their young viet wife from the agency. This is totally outdated. :D

shysaint
22-05-2012, 08:41 AM

I think that you should consolidate your qns in a list and post them instead of 1 qn at a time, that will be helpful to gather the infos u want .. some answers may inter-link to the other.

There is no offending as long as no vulgarities and etc ...

As long as you are genuine .. for sure we will answer your questions ...

The qn u posted will get answer and that also helps us in here to learn n share what we don't know and also enhance what we have know.

shysaint
22-05-2012, 08:42 AM
can anyone share the age difference between your wife and you?

I am 14 years older than my Wife ....

By an large, it range from working as a beer gal in coffee shop to restaurant ... waitress in restaurant ... sales gal ... manicure/pedicure ...

Those highly educated can be working in office , quantity surveyor ...

vietboy
22-05-2012, 08:45 AM
My wife is 4 years younger than me. I know singaporeans tend to have the idea that old singaporean man `buy' their young viet wife from the agency. This is totally outdated. :D

They also have the thinking that the age gap is huge. Like wat GQ mentioned.

shysaint
22-05-2012, 08:46 AM
i just like to disturb ppl to add some mischief to the all day serious topics. :p

Yes .. that's why u deserved to be f**ked:p

jf66312
22-05-2012, 09:13 AM

mine is 1 year older than me... :D

jf66312
22-05-2012, 09:14 AM
why do u need such knowledge?my wife is older than me and i bet i am those minority here:D

you are not alone bro..mine older than me by a year... :)

vietboy
22-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Yes .. that's why u deserved to be f**ked:p

我没有怨言。:D
But pls be gentle as i 吃软不吃硬. :p

I just try to joke lah. All serious no joke very sian one leh.

Ok ok no more disturbing ppl from me anymore till tat 诸葛亮 post here again. :p

vietboy
22-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I am 14 years older than my Wife ....

By an large, it range from working as a beer gal in coffee shop to restaurant ... waitress in restaurant ... sales gal ... manicure/pedicure ...

U forgot those bia om places...

Blast88
22-05-2012, 09:46 AM

My wife is also a very emotional type & it become worst after giving birth, sometimes out of no where she can just cry for nothing. she always think that she alone here with no frd & relative & this mentality is totally wrong since she married to me, my mother, sisters, auntie, etc are all her immediate family here, especially my 2 younger sisters always treat her like their own sidling, always remember her birthday & buy her present.
My job require me frequent travelling & she does not like me to travel, we have a lot of argument over this topic & sometimes I just got tired over it, thinking to quit my job & look for a perm. local base job. Just wondering any bro. out there mind to share does your wife object you from business travelling?

Hurricane88
22-05-2012, 09:55 AM
There is no offending as long as no vulgarities and etc ...

As long as you are genuine .. for sure we will answer your questions ...

The qn u posted will get answer and that also helps us in here to learn n share what we don't know and also enhance what we have know.

This samster posted in almost all threads...asking various questions...just check the history you will know...:)

Flamer89
22-05-2012, 10:46 AM
moi gf is one year younger than me :)

shysaint
22-05-2012, 12:41 PM
U forgot those bia om places...

I want to talk about the the illegal part of it NOT the illegal part ...

If illegal part ... there is alot ... Cafe OM ... Bia Om ... Message ... Disco ... SEs ... FLs ...

shysaint
22-05-2012, 12:42 PM
This samster posted in almost all threads...asking various questions...just check the history you will know...:)

Yes I know :D

shysaint
22-05-2012, 12:57 PM
My wife is also a very emotional type & it become worst after giving birth, sometimes out of no where she can just cry for nothing. she always think that she alone here with no frd & relative & this mentality is totally wrong since she married to me, my mother, sisters, auntie, etc are all her immediate family here, especially my 2 younger sisters always treat her like their own sidling, always remember her birthday & buy her present.
My job require me frequent travelling & she does not like me to travel, we have a lot of argument over this topic & sometimes I just got tired over it, thinking to quit my job & look for a perm. local base job. Just wondering any bro. out there mind to share does your wife object you from business travelling?

U want her to understand you .. BUT you have to understand her too ... remember you are now in a cross cultural state ...

Yes ... you may have alot of family members ... but u have to understand the feeling deep inside them .... sometimes its not the company that they have BUT is WHO is with them ... To her .. you are the MOST Dear besides her family in Vietnam not really your familly members ... It takes time to get customised into your family ... making her feel good by you and your family is just a small part of the process ...

It's not a matter of explanation but its a matter of time ... u have to give her alot of attention and time to make adjustment and let her understand that she has 2 family ...

My wife do cry secretly when she is alone previously because of loniness .. but now with baby, she is fine coz got baby to attend to.. BUT she still misses VN because of her mum and she is the only child. My wife do not mind me travelling out for weeks to mths BUT she has to return to VN and stay with their family ...

As for crying after birth ... you have to take note .. worse it could be post birth symtons .. due to loneliness .. less company of you ... stress of taking care of the baby .. less sleep .. food and etc ..

there are many to do ... there are changes to be made .. there are sacrifices to be made .... Communication is very important ..

Sometimes I am guilty of alot of things because of work and tired .. u tend to forget alot things ... alot of things u have to keep track and be aware ...

Especially for those whose wife tend to keep things inside herself .. she can tells u alot of things BUT not everything ...

Blast88
22-05-2012, 02:13 PM
U want her to understand you .. BUT you have to understand her too ... remember you are now in a cross cultural state ...

Yes ... you may have alot of family members ... but u have to understand the feeling deep inside them .... sometimes its not the company that they have BUT is WHO is with them ... To her .. you are the MOST Dear besides her family in Vietnam not really your familly members ... It takes time to get customised into your family ... making her feel good by you and your family is just a small part of the process ...

It's not a matter of explanation but its a matter of time ... u have to give her alot of attention and time to make adjustment and let her understand that she has 2 family ...

My wife do cry secretly when she is alone previously because of loniness .. but now with baby, she is fine coz got baby to attend to.. BUT she still misses VN because of her mum and she is the only child. My wife do not mind me travelling out for weeks to mths BUT she has to return to VN and stay with their family ...

As for crying after birth ... you have to take note .. worse it could be post birth symtons .. due to loneliness .. less company of you ... stress of taking care of the baby .. less sleep .. food and etc ..

there are many to do ... there are changes to be made .. there are sacrifices to be made .... Communication is very important ..

Sometimes I am guilty of alot of things because of work and tired .. u tend to forget alot things ... alot of things u have to keep track and be aware ...

Especially for those whose wife tend to keep things inside herself .. she can tells u alot of things BUT not everything ...

Hi Bro SS,

I have know my wife since 2009 & I believe we have already know & understand each other inside out. The main issues now is my business travelling, her mind tend to run wild whenever i'm oversea, always thinking that I might find women & betray her behind her back so I'm just wondering why Viet wife ia always lacking confidence on their husband?Is it their rooted nature to suspect husband whenever you are not with her

Honey Boon
22-05-2012, 03:07 PM
bro, think thrice .... once that "door" is open, you will be the only local left in your new flat :eek::D

.........., can bring her mum over to help take care ........

shysaint
22-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Bro SS,

I have know my wife since 2009 & I believe we have already know & understand each other inside out. The main issues now is my business travelling, her mind tend to run wild whenever i'm oversea, always thinking that I might find women & betray her behind her back so I'm just wondering why Viet wife ia always lacking confidence on their husband?Is it their rooted nature to suspect husband whenever you are not with her

Don't be complacent my friend ....

The fact that you share a few issues so show that you and your wife are not 'there' yet .... how can it be inside out ?

I have married for a good 10 yrs and have 2 kids before I got divorced and re-married with my current wife whom we are together for close to 3 years plus and currently have a 16 mths baby ...

With my experience, i also cannot say I understand about marriage inside out ... Everything is so different comparing this marriage and my previous marrriage.

YEs, it could be their rooted nature to lack confidence or suspect their husband ... BUT it is case by case and depends on the woman ....

SOmetimes it's also the influence of friends .. anyway, there is alot of factors .. never ending ...

So if u tells me that you undertsand each other inside out. how come such situations happens ..

Blast88
22-05-2012, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=shysaint;7246007]Don't be complacent my friend ....

The fact that you share a few issues so show that you and your wife are not 'there' yet .... how can it be inside out ?

I have married for a good 10 yrs and have 2 kids before I got divorced and re-married with my current wife whom we are together for close to 3 years plus and currently have a 16 mths baby ...

With my experience, i also cannot say I understand about marriage inside out ... Everything is so different comparing this marriage and my previous marrriage.

YEs, it could be their rooted nature to lack confidence or suspect their husband ... BUT it is case by case and depends on the woman ....

SOmetimes it's also the influence of friends .. anyway, there is alot of factors .. never ending ...

So if u tells me that you undertsand each other inside out. how come such situations happens ..[/QUOTE

My situations here is not so much on understanding factor, it much more on the words 'Trust'. It the main factor in marriage life which need to be keep on cultivatiing, I admit that our 'trust' factor are still not 'there' yet, it really take time to increase the 'trust' indicator, let be honest, does bro out there believe in 100% 'trust' with your vietnamese life partner

shysaint
22-05-2012, 04:43 PM
My situations here is not so much on understanding factor, it much more on the words 'Trust'. It the main factor in marriage life which need to be keep on cultivatiing, I admit that our 'trust' factor are still not 'there' yet, it really take time to increase the 'trust' indicator, let be honest, does bro out there believe in 100% 'trust' with your vietnamese life partner

Every factors are inter-link and inter-related ...

Trust is Earn ... I doubt so is by Cultivating ...

Initially ... I only trust my partner about 50% ....

Having stay with her in Vietnam , know her circle of friends , family members, her village, her lifestyle and etc .. it's up to 70%

After marriage ... 85% ... Now with baby close to 100%

But then if I don't choose to trust her 100%, meaning trust level is not there .. so how to build up the relationship further.

Then if I don't trust her 100% ... how can I ask her to trust me 100% ???

So sometimes this is the problem with we men ... we want our partner to do ABC , but then when in turn the gal ask us to do ABC, we have tons of reasons to tell them why we do not do ... hmmm .. strange ;)

Just by talking and thinking, we won't gain trust ...

I have a friend who marry a vietnam wife .. now he is quite poor thing .. before marry so good, now after marry , everyday also quarrel .. she see yahoo messenger got girls name, she quarrel with him .. delete the contacts in front of her also no use ... what he talk to her , she dun believe, she chose to believe what her friend told her .. and becasue of the difference, they quarrel again ... headache man ...

Sometimes I feel that vietnamese gal is a very strange creature ... They are strong outside but weak inside ... they want love but dun want to tell you ... They believe you but they want to test u .. they can KPKB you BUT you cannot KPKB them ...

Troi Oi .. Troi Oi ..

Hurricane88
22-05-2012, 05:29 PM

welcome to the VB land...VB can be very demanding and jealous...i take jealousy very positively means she loves you...never get caught with your pants down...if any better watch out...cat cu...dun think you understand Viet culture totally yet...you mentioned 3yrs...me coming to 6yrs still learning new things...hahaha...:)

shysaint
22-05-2012, 06:02 PM
...cat cu...

Yeah Yeah .. My BX always say I can go here and I can go there .. BUT then she will ...cat cu... me :eek:

KangTuo
22-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Sianz.... bx LTVP application online not approve after careful consideration...
going ICA apply and appeal soon...

Golden question
22-05-2012, 07:08 PM
you are not alone bro..mine older than me by a year... :)

oh bro,can i shake hand with u:D

Golden question
22-05-2012, 07:31 PM
since the topic is now on trust,i would like to share an incident.That day i was suppose to meet my wife and her friend for dinner.As i was early,i went to nearby shopping mall to walk walk and cool down.suddenly i saw my wife infront so i was thinking of scare her so i walk faster.

when i was nearer,i saw her talking to a man and gesture on her handphone to him and i quickly walk behind her without her noticing.i climb up the escalator and go 2nd level to 'biao' on her from upstairs and see what she is doing.

she was talking to that man and after 3 minute,that man went off and her friend came out from the shop and they left.During dinner,i did not ask her anything cos i think i should give her own personal private c.

As long as dont cross my line,i am fine but once cross,example i saw her touch here touch there with that man that day,then bye bye for her

like what shysaint say,only u know your wife and i agreed that dont say u know your wife inside out cos everybody thinking change at different stage

So learn to know what strong point and weakness point that your wife have.

batty
22-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Any bro who married a Vietnamese wife, if you left small amounts of money in your house, will your money still be there or will your wife take it? When you ask her if she had seen your money, she answered that she needed it for marketing and forgot to tell you she had taken it.

Golden question
23-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Any bro who married a Vietnamese wife, if you left small amounts of money in your house, will your money still be there or will your wife take it? When you ask her if she had seen your money, she answered that she needed it for marketing and forgot to tell you she had taken it.

I have never encounter that before cos i always know where i put my money but i know my wife character,she is those type that if the things does not belong to her,she will not take

Golden question
23-05-2012, 12:28 AM

Having stay with her in Vietnam , know her circle of friends , family members, her village, her lifestyle and etc .. it's up to 70%

But then if I don't choose to trust her 100%, meaning trust level is not there .. so how to build up the relationship further.

So sometimes this is the problem with we men ... we want our partner to do ABC , but then when in turn the gal ask us to do ABC, we have tons of reasons to tell them why we do not do ... hmmm .. strange ;)

I have a friend who marry a vietnam wife .. now he is quite poor thing .. before marry so good, now after marry , everyday also quarrel .. she see yahoo messenger got girls name, she quarrel with him .. delete the contacts in front of her also no use ... what he talk to her , she dun believe, she chose to believe what her friend told her .. and becasue of the difference, they quarrel again ... headache man ...

Sometimes I feel that vietnamese gal is a very strange creature ... They are strong outside but weak inside ... they want love but dun want to tell you ... They believe you but they want to test u .. they can KPKB you BUT you cannot KPKB them ...

Troi Oi .. Troi Oi ..

haha,really true for this sentence but almost all gal is strange creature,u never know whats on their mind.Thats why got one chinese sentence to describe them 'female heart,deeper than sea':D

Golden question
23-05-2012, 01:16 AM

keep on trying bro,no choice leh,that is the 'price'for marrying a foreign spouse leh.We bro went through before but hope u will not get use to it for too long

jf66312
23-05-2012, 08:10 AM

sorry to hear that...but ya, head down and appeal & at the same time see if can find out more..

good luck... :)

jf66312
23-05-2012, 08:12 AM
bro, think thrice .... once that "door" is open, you will be the only local left in your new flat :eek::D

yes bro... i know..am thinking carefully abt it but seems like have not much choice at the moment unless my parents are willing to help...

if not i think my oc will go khung khung soon if everyday cooped up at home alone with baby... :(

jf66312
23-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Troi Oi .. Troi Oi ..

haha..well said bro..agree with you on this ...

Golden question
23-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Agreed that trust have to be earn.My wife will always tell me where she go,either eat outside with friends,go temple,go shopping or at home.I believe that certain degree of personal privacy have to be given to each other.

I do trust her when she told me she is with who and who but sometime i also 'test' her for fun and pretend that i want to hear the voice of her friend:D

I dont stop her when she say she want go clubbing overnight with her female friends.So far only 2 time only but she come and ask me why i never call or sms her like no care about her like that

wa lau,female very funny creature one,give them some freedom and let her go and she say i dont care about her like no call her and ask about her.

My wife always say,if i dont like can tell her so she wont go.Ai ya for me is i think everybody must have some personal freedom and life so i always dont stop her as i told her before about the limit she can go,once cross the limit is we FINISH:D

vietboy
23-05-2012, 09:11 AM
My wife is also a very emotional type & it become worst after giving birth, sometimes out of no where she can just cry for nothing.

Thats maybe 产后忧虑怔, better bring her go see a doctor. I'm not saying yur wife got mental problem but we cannot overlook this. It maybe worsen into something more serious if not cured in the early stage.

U can let her know more friends especially viet spouses so they chat with common topics.

Blast88
23-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Troi Oi .. Troi Oi ..

Hi Bro SS,

Your post somehow agreed with me 'trust' need be to cultivate & take time to increase the 'trust' indicator depending of what scenerio that happened around U. My personal experience tell me even U 100% trust to your bx, however she will still hold back some & will never trust U 100%

vietboy
23-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I want to talk about the the illegal part of it NOT the illegal part ....

wat talking u? Em khong hieu nhe.

I just want to remind u of those illegal part. :D

vietboy
23-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi Bro SS,

Sorry bro to ask u this: has yur wife caught u "playing" outside? This may also contribute to the untrusting and with the post natal depression, it is made worst.

Blast88
23-05-2012, 09:30 AM
since the topic is now on trust,i would like to share an incident.That day i was suppose to meet my wife and her friend for dinner.As i was early,i went to nearby shopping mall to walk walk and cool down.suddenly i saw my wife infront so i was thinking of scare her so i walk faster.

when i was nearer,i saw her talking to a man and gesture on her handphone to him and i quickly walk behind her without her noticing.i climb up the escalator and go 2nd level to 'biao' on her from upstairs and see what she is doing.

she was talking to that man and after 3 minute,that man went off and her friend came out from the shop and they left.During dinner,i did not ask her anything cos i think i should give her own personal private c.

As long as dont cross my line,i am fine but once cross,example i saw her touch here touch there with that man that day,then bye bye for her

like what shysaint say,only u know your wife and i agreed that dont say u know your wife inside out cos everybody thinking change at different stage

Hi Bro GQ,

Your story is one of the typical example of 100% trust. I think every one have their own definition of 'understanding' their bx, for me it simply her habit, preference, personality, temperamental & the most difficult parts to understand is her mindset, her mood change suddenly like our weather

vietboy
23-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Troi Oi .. Troi Oi ..

Well said bro.
I agreed with u mot cham % especially the last part!

I believed have to trust yur life partner, doesnt have to be 100% but if no trust, why marry someone that we don't trust?

shysaint
23-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Troi Oi ... what happen ?

Go personally down and appeal ...

shysaint
23-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Never ... for the 3+ years ...

Blast88
23-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Sorry bro to ask u this: has yur wife caught u "playing" outside? This may also contribute to the untrusting and with the post natal depression, it is made worst.

Honestly, after we got married I have totally stop all those personal henky penky activities, however as a sales sometime I can't avoid entertainment with client but I know my line.After our baby was born I try to minimize such entertainment or totally reject using excuses like taking care wife & baby

shysaint
23-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Bro SS,

Your post somehow agreed with me 'trust' need be to cultivate & take time to increase the 'trust' indicator depending of what scenerio that happened around U. My personal experience tell me even U 100% trust to your bx, however she will still hold back some & will never trust U 100%

It depends how u define the word ..

To me Trust is Earn ... To you Trust is Cultivate ...

As long as we are comfortable with it ... guess that's okie ...

Whether anot she trust you 100% ... ONLY you know .. for your case , she don't trust you 100% ... and becuase of this ... it affected you and therefore you also don't trust her 100% ...

For me . I take it my wife trust me 100% because I know her well.. so I have to Return in Kind and likewise trust her 100% ...

I agreed with vietboy said ... x% is just a number ... no one can really define the actual % of level .... thats the main reason I said trust is earn and not cultivate ...

Simple analogy ... that's how how brain works and the phychological part ...

vietboy
23-05-2012, 09:54 AM

Sorry i not as knowledgeable as some bros here, but this is the 1st case i heard LTVP cannot approve.
Well, keep trying, if still cannot look for MP loh.
But 1st thing to ask yurself, is yur bx record here in sing clean? Yurself also. Did u change yur job often in the past 3 yrs? Sorry KT i'm not trying to say anything bad that u n yur bx has committed. But these are some of the things ICA will look at.

shysaint
23-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I do trust her when she told me she is with who and who but sometime i also 'test' her for fun and pretend that i want to hear the voice of her friend:D

I tried that alot of time initially and I kena f**k left right centre .. than we quarrel ..

Sometimes I even ask ok u take picture with you friend when u go to their part lah ...

She then said .. Don't trust me har ... go DIEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

shysaint
23-05-2012, 10:03 AM
the most difficult parts to understand is her mindset, her mood change suddenly like our weather

Yeah I agree ... this is enough to kill us already ...

That's why understanding their cultures is very very important ...

Blast88
23-05-2012, 10:16 AM
It depends how u define the word ..

I agreed with vietboy said ... x% is just a number ... no one can really define the actual % of level .... thats the main reason I said trust is earn and not cultivate ...

Simple analogy ... that's how how brain works and the phychological part ...

Hi Bro,

Sorry to say that, however your previous post are defining your trust level with your bx in % level leh

Hurricane88
23-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Well said bro.
I agreed with u mot cham % especially the last part!

I believed have to trust yur life partner, doesnt have to be 100% but if no trust, why marry someone that we don't trust?

yes...never trust 100%...just like what bro SingViet does...take your time to observe and trust...dun trust 100% immediately...:)

vietboy
23-05-2012, 11:12 AM

If for me, i sure ask who is the guy. But i'll trust what my bx tell me.
But if like u said, if got touchy touchy, i'll probe further.

vietboy
23-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Again this is a matter of trust, if u trust yur wife, u'll believe n take wat she told u. My wife usually will ask, she wont just take. I remembered i once left $1400 at our cabinet, 1 mth later it is still there. My wife even ask me why is there money n why i yet to bank it in.

vietboy
23-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Bro SS,

That is why trust have be gained on both side. No point one side trust, the other side dont. I agreed it will never be 100% as nothing in this world is perfect.

shysaint
23-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Bro,

Sorry to say that, however your previous post are defining your trust level with your bx in % level leh

Yes I mentioned numbers ... because YOU mentioned 1. whether can we 100% trust our spouse ... 2. even if u 100% trust to your bx ...

u mentioned numbers .. so I share the number loh ....

I am just sharing in reality, we cannot measured the level in number of % ...

so if I mentioned earlier that it cannot be measured by numbers of % ... then there will be contest ... again ...

sighzzz .... :p

vietboy
23-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi Bro GQ,

Your story is one of the typical example of 100% trust. I think every one have their own definition of 'understanding' their bx, for me it simply her habit, preference, personality, temperamental & the most difficult parts to understand is her mindset, her mood change suddenly like our weather

Like wat bro GQ said, 女人心,海底针。
Also, they mood changes especially during that time of the month. We as husband need to understand this cos only we knows our wife best. I always give in to my wife on that period of the month. :D

shysaint
23-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Who I know here for sometime have not join us in facebook ?

We are now organising a bbq picnic gathering for us to catch up in real life and our OCs and little OCs.

Blast88
23-05-2012, 12:06 PM
That is why trust have be gained on both side. No point one side trust, the other side dont. I agreed it will never be 100% as nothing in this world is perfect.

Apparently, most bros does not believe in full 100% trust to their bx vice versa, these apply same to your bx as well. Basically, these is a sensitive portion which need to be handle intelligently to maintain & prolong marriage life

Blast88
23-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes I mentioned numbers ... because YOU mentioned 1. whether can we 100% trust our spouse ... 2. even if u 100% trust to your bx ...

u mentioned numbers .. so I share the number loh ....

I am just sharing in reality, we cannot measured the level in number of % ...

so if I mentioned earlier that it cannot be measured by numbers of % ... then there will be contest ... again ...

sighzzz .... :p

Hi bro,

Basically, there is no contest, we are just sharing our view. In fact, what we do every day are gaining trust not only to your bx but also to your boss, friends,parents, relative. It neverending

vietboy
23-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Apparently, most bros does not believe in full 100% trust to their bx vice versa, these apply same to your bx as well. Basically, these is a sensitive portion which need to be handle intelligently to maintain & prolong marriage life

Correct! Seems like u starting to get the big picture that we are discussing here for the past 3-4 pages.

Blast88
23-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Correct! Seems like u starting to get the big picture that we are discussing here for the past 3-4 pages.

That why picture is so big so require bros here helping to spot for the pro & con

SingViet
23-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Trusting your spouse is necessary to get the relationship going, but trust is earned, not given. I find Singaporean husbands very accommodating to their viet spouse, she can do whatever she wants and the Singaporean husband will not object even if he is not happy. For example, my wife's friend will give her daughter and husband fish sauce to drink when they are down with fever. The husband knows its not right to do that, but he dare not voice out . There are times when we need to voice out and not be taken for a ride. Due to cultural differences, i would say its good to have a lower level of trust during the first few years of marriage. As time passes by, higher level of trust can be given after more time together. Too many bros here see too much positive aspects of viet culture and i will say you are putting yourself at much risk. Don't just know the good, do find out about the bad too. When you start to discover about the negative side of their culture, you will start to feel scary. :eek:

shysaint
23-05-2012, 04:56 PM
... When you start to discover about the negative side of their culture, you will start to feel scary. :eek:

U are absolutely right .... I guess we have been talking about their cultures for a long time ... so bros can accept and some bros can't ...

asdfghjkl
23-05-2012, 05:01 PM
When you start to discover about the negative side of their culture, you will start to feel scary.

mind sharing more about this area, esp. the fish sauce.. like to know more about it. :o

SingViet
23-05-2012, 05:10 PM
mind sharing more about this area, esp. the fish sauce.. like to know more about it. :o

Its a long story. I have shared quite a bit of it in this thread. Do spend some time to look for them. As for fish sauce, some provinces at the Mekong Delta believe that fish sauce can lower your temperature when you have fever. This is largely because they are poor and do not want to spend money to buy western medicine. Fish sauce is so salty, drinking it often will cause kidney and liver failure.

Honey Boon
23-05-2012, 05:15 PM
ya ya... especially when you are so "busy" with your "work" outside :eek::D:D

if not i think my oc will go khung khung soon if everyday cooped up at home alone with baby... :(

Honey Boon
23-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I think I am in the FB group but not qualified in your 2nd condition :)

Who I know here for sometime have not join us in facebook ?

We are now organising a bbq picnic gathering for us to catch up in real life and our OCs and little OCs.

Blast88
23-05-2012, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=SingViet;7250616]Trusting your spouse is necessary to get the relationship going, but trust is earned, not given. I find Singaporean husbands very accommodating to their viet spouse, she can do whatever she wants and the Singaporean husband will not object even if he is not happy.

These is exactly what I have been doing for the past 2 years, my wife only know how to take taxi from point A to point B & simply refused to take MRT or bus, in fact I have been driving her around since her very 1st day here, I have guided her how to take our public transport & even bought her the ez link card but she just refused to take those public transport when I'm not available to drive her. Eg, she frequently going to 'si ma lu' temple for prayer & it just only 3 mrt station away from our house but she still prefer to take taxi to & fro, what can I do:(

shysaint
23-05-2012, 06:10 PM
she just refused to take those public transport when I'm not available to drive her. Eg, she frequently going to 'si ma lu' temple for prayer & it just only 3 mrt station away from our house but she still prefer to take taxi to & fro, what can I do:(

Simple explanation for your case ....

They have been on their own transport (i.e. motor bike) in Vietnam since the day they can ride .... Next if no bike, they take taxi ....

NExt important factor ... Public transport in VN sucks big time ... i.e. BUS ...
if u have look at their bus, maybe u can understand.

Therefore, these concepts are form and they bring it over here to singapore , thinking that it is the same in vn ...

Next .. Since you have Car ... why she need to take bus and MRT .... They will tell you, how much it cost for me to take taxi, only once a while and not everyday, definitely u are affordable to give me take taxi ... Although u are her husband, she will still thinks like that.

The only thing u can do is give her time ...

naemlo
23-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Eg, she frequently going to 'si ma lu' temple for prayer & it just only 3 mrt station away from our house but she still prefer to take taxi to & fro, what can I do:(

U are lucky she can take taxi.... some viet I know when in a car, they will feel like vomiting... :D They rather stay at home.

Flamer89
23-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Its a long story. I have shared quite a bit of it in this thread. Do spend some time to look for them. As for fish sauce, some provinces at the Mekong Delta believe that fish sauce can lower your temperature when you have fever. This is largely because they are poor and do not want to spend money to buy western medicine. Fish sauce is so salty, drinking it often will cause kidney and liver failure.
:eek:

oh my . i didnt know about this . my gf comes from the mekong area also .. didnt hear her mention about this to me ..

Golden question
23-05-2012, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=SingViet;7250616]Trusting your spouse is necessary to get the relationship going, but trust is earned, not given. I find Singaporean husbands very accommodating to their viet spouse, she can do whatever she wants and the Singaporean husband will not object even if he is not happy.

These is exactly what I have been doing for the past 2 years, my wife only know how to take taxi from point A to point B & simply refused to take MRT or bus, in fact I have been driving her around since her very 1st day here, I have guided her how to take our public transport & even bought her the ez link card but she just refused to take those public transport when I'm not available to drive her. Eg, she frequently going to 'si ma lu' temple for prayer & it just only 3 mrt station away from our house but she still prefer to take taxi to & fro, what can I do:(

Is a good example as what bro singviet say,too many sg husband is giving in to their viet wife.But for your wife to stay here for the past 2 years and still take taxi from point A to B and even 3 mrt stops journey she also take taxi is a bit too much.If first few months,maybe i can say she need time to adjust but already 2 years already.

She have to start to learn to do things if she want to continue to live here.Dont spolit her by ferry her that often.I am not saying that u must ill treat her but learn to tighten the rope when is necessary and dont like what bro singviet say,let your wife take u for the ride.

I might sound busybody to u or too straight forward but if your wife is a understanding person and love u,she will go learn herself.everything depends on her,u can guide her but dont expect the environment to change to suit her but she must change herself to suit the environment

Golden question
23-05-2012, 08:27 PM

my wife always like to use a 20 cents coin to rub against her skin to until redness when she is tired or sick.i find it disgusting but she say it help to release the blood:eek: so that she will feel better

She ask me to do for her but i always reject and when she want to try on me when i am sick,i push away her hand:D

Golden question
23-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Like wat bro GQ said, 女人心,海底针。
Also, they mood changes especially during that time of the month. We as husband need to understand this cos only we knows our wife best. I always give in to my wife on that period of the month. :D

I always give in when i do something wrong:D

Flamer89
23-05-2012, 08:33 PM
U are lucky she can take taxi.... some viet I know when in a car, they will feel like vomiting... :D They rather stay at home.
yeah .. i know mine will get car sick easily .. that time went to vung thau ... within that 2 hrs bus ride . she gets sick liao

Golden question
23-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Trusting your spouse is necessary to get the relationship going, but trust is earned, not given. I find Singaporean husbands very accommodating to their viet spouse, she can do whatever she wants and the Singaporean husband will not object even if he is not happy. For example, my wife's friend will give her daughter and husband fish sauce to drink when they are down with fever. The husband knows its not right to do that, but he dare not voice out . There are times when we need to voice out and not be taken for a ride. Due to cultural differences, i would say its good to have a lower level of trust during the first few years of marriage. As time passes by, higher level of trust can be given after more time together. Too many bros here see too much positive aspects of viet culture and i will say you are putting yourself at much risk. Don't just know the good, do find out about the bad too. When you start to discover about the negative side of their culture, you will start to feel scary. :eek:

confirm,chop and sign on what u say is true.I am the opposite.During my early stage of marriage,i am not accommodating to my wife,i will voice out if i know is not right,my level of trust is at a low percentage during the first 2 years.

In short i dont please her but slowly the trust level increase as times go by.I already get 'shock' by her already and now if got other shock to me is also 'bo $$$$$' liao:D

Golden question
23-05-2012, 08:42 PM
yeah .. i know mine will get car sick easily .. that time went to vung thau ... within that 2 hrs bus ride . she gets sick liao

Most is like that so is not only a few only,my wife have to sit on the first row or beside or directly behind the driver so that she dont vomit :D

The bus driver is like her 'god' protect her when she take a bus haha:D

lkyin1
23-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Too many bros here see too much positive aspects of viet culture and i will say you are putting yourself at much risk. Don't just know the good, do find out about the bad too. When you start to discover about the negative side of their culture, you will start to feel scary. :eek:

Since bro SingViet talk abt the negative side of their culture. letz us discuss what are the negative side.

1) cat cu
2) jealous easily
3) demanding
4) fierce
5) poor $ management
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

other broz can feel free to add in :)

superhuman
23-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I can attest to the Fierce.

I may be generalizing but I find that when viet girls show their fierce side to you, you can be fucking sure they are not kidding.

You can just feel the fire coming.

Of course sg girls also got fierce ones. But generally, they are ok, to me.

asdfghjkl
23-05-2012, 11:01 PM
1) cat cu

maybe can put in simple wording.. what is "cat cu"? :o

magixskin
23-05-2012, 11:33 PM
maybe can put in simple wording.. what is "cat cu"? :o

cut penis :eek: :D

jf66312
24-05-2012, 08:07 AM
agree with bro singviet...

sometimes i see the way my oc handle my little one i cant take it at times but have to close one eye...

if i make too much comments she will retort and say " then u stay home & take care la , i go work "...

bo tay & giu khong noi but have to swallow it and keep quiet.. :o

as for public transport , now my oc knws how to travel frm Jurong to Woodlands via public transport (not taxi )....

think needs time and training...

for bro blast88 - maybe your oc dun feel that it is expensive to travel to the temple since it is 3 stations away..slowly take time to educate her .... :)

but nowadays i also quite sceptical in taking mrt liao since so many issues have surfaced with mrt recently also.... :D

SingViet
24-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Since bro SingViet talk abt the negative side of their culture. letz us discuss what are the negative side.

1) cat cu
2) jealous easily
3) demanding
4) fierce
5) poor $ management
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

- lazy family members that don't work and keep demanding money from you. Foreigners are ATM that never run out of money.
- marriage for money, not love.
- having viet bf in Vn even after marriage in Singapore
- cheating foreigners in business (very common)
- sex is like eating Com Tam, what's the big fxxk about it?
- why daughters need education? can write name can roi. Send them to work at young age to earn money for parents. (for lower income group). At younger age, work as maids. After 16, work as hookers. Daughters are like `money tree'. Young gals are sold at higher price relative to young boys as it's widely believed that gals can earn money for family.
- drug abuse are common, so no big fxxk
- siblings are family, so even if one kills another, no one should report them to police. Parents will tahan whatever wrong things that children do.

wait till i have time, i will write more... :rolleyes:

vietboy
24-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Agreed with u. Marriage is a journey not a process.
As we married a viet spouse, we have to know n understand their culture, which will in turn explain why they do this do that and what cant be done with them. Good and bad have to know.
As for things that we think are not necessary or not so right, like the fish sause thingie, we have to be firm with ourselves and with them.
Also have to get them to understand our side of culture. Talk to them, explain to them why we do somethings and not others.
Marriage concerned 2 sides not just 1 side only.

vietboy
24-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Hey! 诸葛亮!
U posted here again! Welcome back! :D
If not some bros will say that i chased u away from the thread.

I suggest that u heed bro shysaint's suggestion: to compile a list of questions so bros can better answer to them. But before that do spend sometime reading through the thread. I find its a form of respect to the bros who have previously shared here before.

BTW, i also got some questions for u:
1. Are u a gal or a guy?
2. Why u suddenly so interested in vietnamese spousese?
3. Are u planning to get a vietnamese spouse? (if u r a guy)
Thanks, 诸葛亮! :D

vietboy
24-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Ya, true. They r too poor to buy medicine so go to things that r readily available and cheap or free. Have u guys heard before that eating unripe banana regularly for a prolonged period can cure yur gastric pain problem? :D

vietboy
24-05-2012, 08:58 AM

For me, i will nag n nag at her till she will not take taxi unless necessary. :D

shysaint
24-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Most is like that so is not only a few only,my wife have to sit on the first row or beside or directly behind the driver so that she dont vomit :D

U think is funny for her to do that ... For them why they do this , they might not understand or they might not able to describe why they do this ... I guess This shows that you don't understand either ...

I not sure how to explain to you ... BUT it works ... it relating to your visions looking at distance and speed ....

It something like when u talking the pirate ship ... the scared and clever ones will sit at the lowest point ...the not scared one and the not clever ones will sit at the tail of the ship ... feeling is totally different ... feared factor is also different too ..

vietboy
24-05-2012, 09:08 AM
my wife always like to use a 20 cents coin to rub against her skin to until redness when she is tired or sick.i find it disgusting but she say it help to release the blood:eek: so that she will feel better

She ask me to do for her but i always reject and when she want to try on me when i am sick,i push away her hand:D

I tried that before. It hurt so much , my tears nearly rolled down!
Did it really feel better, no it did not. I still need medicine. I think its psychologically makes u better. After that, no more for me. I dun wan to torture myself. :D

shysaint
24-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Ya, true. They r too poor to buy medicine so go to things that r readily available and cheap or free. Have u guys heard before that eating unripe banana regularly for a prolonged period can cure yur gastric pain problem? :D

I only knows my wife like to eat steam banana with rice :D

Blast88
24-05-2012, 09:18 AM
- lazy family members that don't work and keep demanding money from you. Foreigners are ATM that never run out of money.
- marriage for money, not love.
- having viet bf in Vn even after marriage in Singapore
- cheating foreigners in business (very common)
- sex is like eating Com Tam, what's the big fxxk about it?
- why daughters need education? can write name can roi. Send them to work at young age to earn money for parents. (for lower income group). At younger age, work as maids. After 16, work as hookers. Daughters are like `money tree'. Young gals are sold at higher price relative to young boys as it's widely believed that gals can earn money for family.
- drug abuse are common, so no big fxxk
- siblings are family, so even if one kills another, no one should report them to police. Parents will tahan whatever wrong things that children do.

wait till i have time, i will write more... :rolleyes:

Hi Bro SV,

The ways you describe vietnamese I'm sure they will throw rotten egg at you. I have been to Vietnam & my wife hometown in chau doc for not less than 10 times, I don't feel any of the threat you describe as per you posted, sound like you really have bad experiences.

shysaint
24-05-2012, 09:22 AM
i push away her hand:D

To me and IMHO, You could have handed the situation in wrong way ... whether or not its works .. u have to understand that it is not the method that counts.. it is that 'THOUGHT or INTENTION' that you have to know ..

dun say they are vietnamese la , if she is a Singapore Gal .. she will also not happy ...

Maybe we can reverse the scenerio ... u use a CHinese method to treat her becasue u are into chinese medince, lets say u give her drink a very bitter medicine .. when u bring the bowl of medicine to her mouth, she push your hand away without explaining ... tell us .. HOW will you FEEL?

I always share that we have to understand the culture how Vietnameses shows their concern to their love ones ... it may not be the way that we want or in the way it is express in our culture .. its their cultures to show their way of concerns to you ,

They are brought up in such a way and in such a method ...

we are brought up in our singapore ways and cultures ..

the QN is "IS OUR CULTURES AND WAYS OF DOING THINGS CORRECT"

vietboy
24-05-2012, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=Blast88;7250739]

Is a good example as what bro singviet say,too many sg husband is giving in to their viet wife.But for your wife to stay here for the past 2 years and still take taxi from point A to B and even 3 mrt stops journey she also take taxi is a bit too much.If first few months,maybe i can say she need time to adjust but already 2 years already.

She have to start to learn to do things if she want to continue to live here.Dont spolit her by ferry her that often.I am not saying that u must ill treat her but learn to tighten the rope when is necessary and dont like what bro singviet say,let your wife take u for the ride.

I might sound busybody to u or too straight forward but if your wife is a understanding person and love u,she will go learn herself.everything depends on her,u can guide her but dont expect the environment to change to suit her but she must change herself to suit the environment

Agreed with u on the last part but they are stubborn by nature so do give them sometime. But like u said, 2 yrs is quite some time roi.
Blast88, dun spoilt her. Get her to understand that taxi in sing n vietnam r not same, it cost 3 times to take taxi here. If not use my method. :D

Blast88
24-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Simple explanation for your case ....

They have been on their own transport (i.e. motor bike) in Vietnam since the day they can ride .... Next if no bike, they take taxi ....

NExt important factor ... Public transport in VN sucks big time ... i.e. BUS ...
if u have look at their bus, maybe u can understand.

Therefore, these concepts are form and they bring it over here to singapore , thinking that it is the same in vn ...

Next .. Since you have Car ... why she need to take bus and MRT .... They will tell you, how much it cost for me to take taxi, only once a while and not everyday, definitely u are affordable to give me take taxi ... Although u are her husband, she will still thinks like that.

The only thing u can do is give her time ...

The reason given by my bx is she feel phobia when train go undertunnel & that deter her from taking mrt. Question is not about the affordability to take taxi, why not save up the money & buy somethings useful for our son

vietboy
24-05-2012, 09:43 AM

1) cat cu
2) jealous easily
3) demanding
4) fierce
5) poor $ management
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Cat cu??? Negative side of their culture? U mean they practice cat cu commonly??? :confused: culture is the beliefs and practices that are practiced commonly and regularly.
From what i remembered, other places also have cat cu incidents not only vietnam.

Jealous easily, which country's gal doesnt? Also depends on how much she loved u. This depends individually. So to me this is not culture.

I agreed with u on the fierce point. My wife once said to me: if i not fierce with u, i'll be very 残. U outside will have lots of con gai! :D

I add 1 more: their stubborness.

Blast88
24-05-2012, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Blast88;7250739]

No point arguing with her on taking taxi issues & this are little part I need to accomodate. Some time thinking it over she left her family & married me here, undergoing hardship & suffering when giving birth to our son, I need to forgo all these.

vietboy
24-05-2012, 10:11 AM
:eek:

oh my . i didnt know about this . my gf comes from the mekong area also .. didnt hear her mention about this to me ..

Bro, its not she didnt mention, its she yet to.

vietboy
24-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I always give in when i do something wrong:D

Wa liao, who doesnt? If not it is either you doesnt admit you are wrong or u are like vietnamese, stubborn! :D

shysaint
24-05-2012, 10:31 AM
BRO GQ :

Are u back in Singapore with your wife ?

vietboy
24-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Looking forward to 2nd june. :D

shysaint
25-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to 2nd june. :D

what's install for 2nd June :confused: You mistress coming in to town har :eek:

SingViet
25-05-2012, 09:31 AM
what's install for 2nd June :confused: You mistress coming in to town har :eek:

Oh.. so should i increase 1 more pax for Bro Vietboy? :D

shysaint
25-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh.. so should i increase 1 more pax for Bro Vietboy? :D

hahahahha ... BRO SV .. u better prepare 1 x extra for him (Vietboy) ... :eek:

lkyin1
25-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I agreed with u on the fierce point. My wife once said to me: if i not fierce with u, i'll be very 残. U outside will have lots of con gai! :D

I add 1 more: their stubborness.

yes, i agreed that they r very stubborn.....die die muz do their way....haiz....need alot of time and patience to slowly let them adapt

Honey Boon
25-05-2012, 11:32 AM
this method got use ..... not only viet do that, Khmer and PRC also doing that .... can release your "poisons" or "heat" in your body that causing all the problems. My MIL (malaysian) doing that for me when I am sick, use a procelein spoon and johnson baby oil.... after that, I feel much better and can sleep well :)

KangTuo
25-05-2012, 11:41 AM
my wife always like to use a 20 cents coin to rub against her skin to until redness when she is tired or sick.

I have been sick these days and my bx rub my back and body with a procelein spoon with oil... really feels better.

this method got use ..... not only viet do that, Khmer and PRC also doing that ....

sillyporean also use this method... pass down from grandma, grandpa..

shysaint
25-05-2012, 11:52 AM
My MIL (malaysian) doing that for me when I am sick, use a procelein spoon and johnson baby oil.... after that, I feel much better and can sleep well :)

I have been sick these days and my bx rub my back and body with a procelein spoon with oil... really feels better.

Every traditional method will have its own use and effectiveness ... It up to the individual to try and see if it's useful or effective ...

To us living in a modern society, we will find such acts disgusting .. funny .. stupid or SURE not effective and etc ...

In reverse, to people living in a NOT modern society will find the western medicine not effective .. they would rather try their own traditional medicine and way to find cure ...

Eg. fever ... some say wrapped yourself up and sweat it out and u be okie ... some say must not do that ... so who is correct and who is wrong?

Eg. flu ... put lemon in coke and boil them and then drink ... so is it true and effective?

another example I wanna share is regarding my wife ... during her confinement ... my MIL will go buy or find 1 type of tree branches and leave, she would boil them hot with steam coming out. My wife will then remove all her clothings and hide inside a big blacnket together with the pot of boil tree brances and leaves. It's like steam sauna ... after that she will use the water in the pot to shower.

In chinese practice, the woman will need to bath in red date hot water ....

SO are all this traditional method useful ??? therefore it upto the individual ... if there is no harm trying .. why not ?

One more example .... MY baby when 1 mth old has already started to wear ear rings ... so how they do it ... Piangz .. When my bb was 1 mth old, They use needle to poke thru with a red string ... and she wore the red string for about 1 mth before changing to the gold type. IF I am there, I probably will stop it ... ;) but then .... every child in VN does that .. if I stop everybody also not happy .. headache ...

Sometimes I feel its the thought and not the method , so we need to be very aware in such situation.

Blast88
25-05-2012, 12:06 PM
yes, i agreed that they r very stubborn.....die die muz do their way....haiz....need alot of time and patience to slowly let them adapt

In certain extent, yes some time they are stubborn but what I feel are majority lacking of self-confidence. Eg, Once we went to a shopping mall & my bx enter a lingerie shop with a chinese sales girl to buy bra & underwear, although she can converse quite well in mandarin & cantonese but she still shy to ask, thinking people might not understand her & end of the day I need to ask on her behalf regards to cup sizes, material make, patterns, how much, etc, it make me so 'pai sei' & I dare not make any eye contact with the sales girl during the whole buying process.:p

vietboy
25-05-2012, 12:29 PM
what's install for 2nd June :confused: You mistress coming in to town har :

Shit! How u know?? Shh.. Dun tell anyone ok? :p

Oh.. so should i increase 1 more pax for Bro Vietboy?

hahahahha ... BRO SV .. u better prepare 1 x extra for him (Vietboy) ... :

Why extra 1pax for me? I cant bring my mistress along lah. :p

vietboy
25-05-2012, 12:32 PM

U need to give them those 2 since they are our wifes.

vietboy
25-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Every traditional method will have its own use and effectiveness ... It up to the individual to try and see if it's useful or effective ...

To us living in a modern society, we will find such acts disgusting .. funny .. stupid or SURE not effective and etc ...

In reverse, to people living in a NOT modern society will find the western medicine not effective .. they would rather try their own traditional medicine and way to find cure ...

Sometimes I feel its the thought and not the method , so we need to be very aware in such situation.

agreed with u!

another example I wanna share is regarding my wife ... during her confinement ... my MIL will go buy or find 1 type of tree branches and leave, she would boil them hot with steam coming out. My wife will then remove all her clothings and hide inside a big blacnket together with the pot of boil tree brances and leaves. It's like steam sauna ... after that she will use the water in the pot to shower.

thought this method is for high fever? I did that when i was down with high fever in VN.

vietboy
25-05-2012, 12:51 PM
In certain extent, yes some time they are stubborn but what I feel are majority lacking of self-confidence. Eg, Once we went to a shopping mall & my bx enter a lingerie shop with a chinese sales girl to buy bra & underwear, although she can converse quite well in mandarin & cantonese but she still shy to ask, thinking people might not understand her & end of the day I need to ask on her behalf regards to cup sizes, material make, patterns, how much, etc, it make me so 'pai sei' & I dare not make any eye contact with the sales girl during the whole buying process.:p

Initially i also same like u feel very pai sei when i 1st went shopping for bras with my wife. But after that i think to myself: hey she is yur wife what is so pai sei about buying lingerie with her. Now I even help my wife buy "pads" at ntuc.

shysaint
25-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Now I even help my wife buy "pads" at ntuc.

I use to do that .. but now no more unless runs out ... when she comes over, she will buy and stock up enough ... she says here not suitable for her :eek:

batty
25-05-2012, 04:41 PM
There is something to be said for traditional remedies. Eating unripe bananas for stomach upsets might be beneficial. Every one knows that bananas, prunes and papayas are good for our digestion. Rubbing a coin on one's self when one has a headache might be an effective distraction from the headache itself. There's also the placebo effect.

vietboy
25-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I use to do that .. but now no more unless runs out ... when she comes over, she will buy and stock up enough ... she says here not suitable for her :eek:

Not suitable?? :confused:

SingViet
25-05-2012, 06:06 PM

My ba xa also same. Her pads are all from vn. Whenever we go vn, we will go Coopmart and buy her pads. She buys for herself and the maid. Buy so many packets till i feel paiseh at cashier. :p

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:06 AM
My ba xa also same. Her pads are all from vn. Whenever we go vn, we will go Coopmart and buy her pads. She buys for herself and the maid. Buy so many packets till i feel paiseh at cashier. :p

There was once my own luggage bag was fill full of pad.Was thinking which ICA officer was lucky to open mine and check.sure huat one haha:D

Luckily was not heavy item or else sure over weight one.She say is cheap over there so i also encourage her to buy more:D

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:13 AM

It really depends on each person personality,my bx can talk to anybody and any race,from sell fish uncle in the market to ang mo,she also can talk.Maybe is her own personality that she is not shy and dare to ask or talk.

But end of the day,girl will always be girl,they still need a man beside to cover for them when lightning strike outside no matters how strong headed or stubborn they all.:)

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:26 AM
To me and IMHO, You could have handed the situation in wrong way ... whether or not its works .. u have to understand that it is not the method that counts.. it is that 'THOUGHT or INTENTION' that you have to know ..

dun say they are vietnamese la , if she is a Singapore Gal .. she will also not happy ...

Maybe we can reverse the scenerio ... u use a CHinese method to treat her becasue u are into chinese medince, lets say u give her drink a very bitter medicine .. when u bring the bowl of medicine to her mouth, she push your hand away without explaining ... tell us .. HOW will you FEEL?

I always share that we have to understand the culture how Vietnameses shows their concern to their love ones ... it may not be the way that we want or in the way it is express in our culture .. its their cultures to show their way of concerns to you ,

They are brought up in such a way and in such a method ...

we are brought up in our singapore ways and cultures ..

the QN is "IS OUR CULTURES AND WAYS OF DOING THINGS CORRECT"

The reason why i push away her hand is because she insist on doing to me even though i repeat again and again that i dont want.When i am sick,i have no strength to explain to her even though i know is her goodwill and thought

Like what bro singviet mention about the fish sauce incident,sometime we must be firm on what we think is correct but i also agreed sometime small things we as a husband have to compromise.

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:32 AM
For me is very simple,whether is our culture or their culture,as long as one is comfortable with,then just follow.Whether is right or wrong depends on how that person judge cos both of us come from different background.

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:36 AM
The reason given by my bx is she feel phobia when train go undertunnel & that deter her from taking mrt. Question is not about the affordability to take taxi, why not save up the money & buy somethings useful for our son

Is a valid reason why she cant take MRT,but did she try taking a bus?Did u teach or bring her along?But if u drive her around frequently,how is she going to learn to take a bus?

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Golden question;7251367]

No point arguing with her on taking taxi issues & this are little part I need to accomodate. Some time thinking it over she left her family & married me here, undergoing hardship & suffering when giving birth to our son, I need to forgo all these.

Decision is yours,if u think your financially can manage cos taxi nowadays is not cheap

Golden question
26-05-2012, 10:50 AM
this method got use ..... not only viet do that, Khmer and PRC also doing that .... can release your "poisons" or "heat" in your body that causing all the problems. My MIL (malaysian) doing that for me when I am sick, use a procelein spoon and johnson baby oil.... after that, I feel much better and can sleep well :)

The reason why i feel disgusting is because usually coin is not clean and i feel by contacting the metal things to her blood is not clean.Maybe i can accept if she use a procelain spoon and johnson baby oil.

She will rub her skin,back and hand,to redness and tear until the blood can be seen.To see her is such a state hurts me cos is like kana whip by a cane.

To me is her own ways of doing things or culture even though i dont like but as long as she feel better,i just let her do cos is her own body,only she know best

jackbl
26-05-2012, 01:33 PM

There are few vietnamese gals working as IT engineers in my company. They took scholarships to come sgp uni and then found a job

normalman
27-05-2012, 04:06 AM
hi bro singviet i wondering why no people are talking about hanoi girls? mostly all hcm and saigon? for me i think if you want to marry a vietnamnese girl hanoi girls would be the suitable choice.

any other bros who want ask more question can also ask me as i have many viet friends and more or less have experience with vietnamnese families.

just thinking maybe we can set up a facebook page so easier to reply and contact also? just a idea.(:

elth
27-05-2012, 09:59 AM
hi bro singviet i wondering why no people are talking about hanoi girls? mostly all hcm and saigon? for me i think if you want to marry a vietnamnese girl hanoi girls would be the suitable choice.

any other bros who want ask more question can also ask me as i have many viet friends and more or less have experience with vietnamnese families.

just thinking maybe we can set up a facebook page so easier to reply and contact also? just a idea.(:

hi wonder why marry Hanoi gals will be a better choice ah :confused:

Hurricane88
27-05-2012, 10:59 AM
for me i think if you want to marry a vietnamnese girl hanoi girls would be the suitable choice.

haha...same la..hanoi is just further away and boring place...:)

northeren girls has a pretty face and southern girls has great body...:)

you can try to do FB but mostly can speak english...once can speak english the VB can have wide choices include SWM...:)

Golden question
27-05-2012, 11:07 AM
hi wonder why marry Hanoi gals will be a better choice ah :confused:

i also dont understand why he say hanoi gals is better choice,maybe he want to share more on his finding

Golden question
27-05-2012, 11:17 AM

why hanoi girl better?If u really want to compare than should also include Danang,nha trang,hue,hoi an,dalat and etc.Mostly here is from the south side and not only HCM.BTW hcm and saigon is the same just in case u dont know:rolleyes:

naemlo
27-05-2012, 12:40 PM

In general, there is no such thing as more suitable ger from a particular city and bad in another. It is all depends on the ger. I have been to HCMC for more than 10years and stayed in Hanoi for more than 2 yrs, there are mixtures of gers in both cities.

KonKam
27-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Just visited Saigon last week.
Love the snailsss at Streetfood but really need a "Translator" by your side if cannot speak the vietnamese language

Was lucky to have a FB lady as my guide as i really got lost the 1st 2 days, have to call for help on 3rd day....:p

Pity she have a Bf already, but from what i know from here......Generally South and North people are not that ngam.

Yess.....Hanoi ladies will be much fairer as compared to Saigon ladies, what what she told me.
Anyway, nice of her to loan me her Sym motobike to go around the city with her as my navigator.
:D

naemlo
27-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Pity she have a Bf already, but from what i know from here......Generally South and North people are not that ngam.

This buey ngam will fade away soon... Just like Asian towards Jap....

vietboy
27-05-2012, 05:43 PM
There are few vietnamese gals working as IT engineers in my company. They took scholarships to come sgp uni and then found a job

Yur company got vacancies or not? I wanna join yur company. :D

jackbl
27-05-2012, 08:23 PM
But for your wife to stay here for the past 2 years and still take taxi from point A to B and even 3 mrt stops journey she also take taxi is a bit too much.If first few months,maybe i can say she need time to adjust but already 2 years already.

I have seen WL take bus from Chinatown to JC to work.... If take taxi it could cost about $12, if take bus, the most only $2. So each trip it save $10.

jackbl
27-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I tried that before. It hurt so much , my tears nearly rolled down!

It is like our chinese style of 刮痧. Take away the "wind" inside the body

jackbl
27-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Question is not about the affordability to take taxi, why not save up the money & buy somethings useful for our son

I always used the reason of saving $10 each time can buy a new Blouse :D

vietboy
28-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I have seen WL take bus from Chinatown to JC to work.... If take taxi it could cost about $12, if take bus, the most only $2. So each trip it save $10.

I know of WLs take public transport from JC to douby ghaut, bugis and even chinatown.

But WLs r different. They only here for 1-2 mths then go back, while our viet spouses are here for life! They have to learn to take public transport here. Like u said, saved up money can buy new blouse at bugis street.

asdfghjkl
28-05-2012, 02:14 AM
mostly all hcm and saigon?

Can members kindly share the difference between HCM and Saigon? I always thought they are the same. Tks! :o

naemlo
28-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Can members kindly share the difference between HCM and Saigon? I always thought they are the same. Tks! :o

If u read up history, then u will know why. Briefly, after north victory over the south, it was changed to HCMC to honor HCM. Vietnamese uses either Saigon or HCMC. They both mean the same city.

Google for all these info, u will get a better understanding of Vietnam.

vietboy
28-05-2012, 08:30 AM
If u read up history, then u will know why. Briefly, after north victory over the south, it was changed to HCMC to honor HCM. Vietnamese uses either Saigon or HCMC. They both mean the same city.

Google for all these info, u will get a better understanding of Vietnam.

To add on:
When vietnamese talk among themselves, they commonly used saigon seldom they use HCMC. They only use HCMC when talking to foreigners.

vietboy
28-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey! 诸葛亮!
U posted here again! Welcome back! :D
If not some bros will say that i chased u away from the thread.

I suggest that u heed bro shysaint's suggestion: to compile a list of questions so bros can better answer to them. But before that do spend sometime reading through the thread. I find its a form of respect to the bros who have previously shared here before.

BTW, i also got some questions for u:
1. Are u a gal or a guy?
2. Why u suddenly so interested in vietnamese spousese?
3. Are u planning to get a vietnamese spouse? (if u r a guy)
Thanks, 诸葛亮!

Yo 诸葛亮! U didnt reply to my compiled questions for you. Huhuhu. :(
One more qns:
4. If the above Qns 3 is a Yes for u, are u lesbian? (if u r a gal for Qns 1)

BTW, these are genuine questions not to disturb u. If not bros will "fuck" me. :D

Golden question
28-05-2012, 08:57 AM
To add on:
When vietnamese talk among themselves, they commonly used saigon seldom they use HCMC. They only use HCMC when talking to foreigners.

My wife use the word 'saigon' when she go to the town 'district 1,ben tanh market area or the whole tourist stretch to diamond plaza.So when she tole me she go saigon,i know what she mean.Is to hcm 'orchard road".:D

When i first went there 10 years ago,i was also confused as to why lonely planet book have 2,1 is ho chi minh city and the other 1 is saigon,then later i realised that is the same:p

Golden question
28-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Saigon was given by the american when they conquer there during the vietnam war and was change to ho chi minh city when he lead a battle to fight away the amercian.So that city was name after him to honour him

shysaint
28-05-2012, 09:02 AM
hi bro singviet i wondering why no people are talking about hanoi girls?

How you know no one is takling about hanoi gal ? Do we have to specify where is our wife from during the discusision ??

mostly all hcm and saigon?

Are you sure ??? you didn't even know hcm is saigon ??? ANd you telling us got qns ask you ??? what makes u think that we will ask u qns ...

for me i think if you want to marry a vietnamnese girl hanoi girls would be the suitable choice.

u should share why u prefer and not telling us hanoi girls would be suitable .. We would like to see your sharing and your experienced level ...

We already have 1 facebook group .... some of us already in there ... u practically did not read the thread ....

Some us us here already met and know for some years and also travelled up to hcm (saigon) together ...