PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

naemlo
19-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Good day guys. Any advice on how to transfer/bring over a big sum(for me anyway) of monie to HCM with the best rate and charges?? I will need it to buy a small house in HCM city for my wife 's family. Thks in advance for any help. Much thanks

Just go to the bank ask to withdraw 1000 or 100 SGD bills and pack them into your bag. Declare to the SG custom if it is over 30k when u leaving SG and hopefully no one rob u. Once reach HCMC go ask around for the best rates.

Another way, find the best rates for financial institutes to TT your money to Vietnam bank. :rolleyes: It is simple as 1 2 3.... others might have different ways.

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi, i got a question to ask.

Im married with my bxa for 9 mths, we registered our marriage in vn. Im thinking to apply ltsvp for her, does ica recognise the vietnam marriage certificate ? mine is not issued in hcm, mine marriage was signed in the kampong side.

Her family is too terrible, im think by hook by crook i will want to fetch her over to stay with me. Im a low earner 2.2k per month with decent 3+1 bonus every year. Finally my mum will accept her as my wife as im really going through a hard time these 9 mths, psychologically tortured but i held on to it as i believe i do have a future with my wife.

And also one thing, she is older than me 8 yrs.dont ask me why, only 1 simple reason "i love her". will ica stereotype and think that she is those working vn girls, be suspicious and reject my application. I have lots of photo of me and her in vn and sg.

I want to be safe and make sure nth goes wrong in my application.

Please guide me along.

jf66312
19-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Im married with my bxa for 9 mths, we registered our marriage in vn. Im thinking to apply ltsvp for her, does ica recognise the vietnam marriage certificate ? mine is not issued in hcm, mine marriage was signed in the kampong side.

Her family is too terrible, im think by hook by crook i will want to fetch her over to stay with me. Im a low earner 2.2k per month with decent 3+1 bonus every year. Finally my mum will accept her as my wife as im really going through a hard time these 9 mths, psychologically tortured but i held on to it as i believe i do have a future with my wife.

And also one thing, she is older than me 8 yrs.dont ask me why, only 1 simple reason "i love her". will ica stereotype and think that she is those working vn girls, be suspicious and reject my application. I have lots of photo of me and her in vn and sg.

Please guide me along.

you need to register your marriage with ROM in Singapore before you can apply for ltsvp for her...

you can apply the new ltsvp plus which upon approval is for 3 years..

but before all these you still need to register with ROM in singapore before you can apply ltsvp for her...

any doubts you can also call up ICA to check as well...

congrats to you!! :)

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 10:21 AM
you need to register your marriage with ROM in Singapore before you can apply for ltsvp for her...

but before all these you still need to register with ROM in singapore before you can apply ltsvp for her...

you forgot to advise him to get all the documents esp marriage cert to translate to English...can be done at Singapore embassy or more expensive in singapore...before he register with ROM...:)

jf66312
19-03-2012, 10:25 AM
you forgot to advise him to get all the documents esp marriage cert to translate to English...can be done at Singapore embassy or more expensive in singapore...before he register with ROM...:)

oops...yup...forgot to tell him that...

can either get it translated in Vn or thru VN embassy in Singapore...

thanks bro.... :D

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Please guide me along.

ICA dun bother who is older and by how many years different...they just follow procedure...:)

Your pay may be low but hope you have consistently contribute CPF for the past 3 years...and not have problem with the law...then maybe better rate of success...good luck...:)

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:18 AM

SG ROM do not require anybody to register again as vietnam marriage cert is recognise in singapore.since he say his marriage cert is from vietnam kampong and not HCM,my advise to him is

bring his kampong cert to check with ICA first,if they recognise,then no need do anything and apply ltvp accordingly.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Please guide me along.

ICA dont care about whether u show them how many tons of photo u take with her cos they are not interested.they are already sterotype already against girl from vietnam.they deal each case according to your own merit especially your financial status.

normally they wont reject your girl application if she have no bad record in sg before.how long they will give her the ltvp depends on your financial status btw my wife is also older than me so u are not alone

read more on this thread cos u seem new to vietnam scene

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 11:35 AM
SG ROM do not require anybody to register again as vietnam marriage cert is recognise in singapore.since he say his marriage cert is from vietnam kampong and not HCM,my advise to him is

bring his kampong cert to check with ICA first,if they recognise,then no need do anything and apply ltvp accordingly.

thanks ... Hmm my kampong meaning still a city , but not so known like hcm hanoi where lesser ppl visit ...

Do you know how much and where can i get it translated ? Will they stamp on it and state it is authentic ? , as u know govt officer most of them sop sop , no chop no stamp they will tend to think its fake and investigate more ...

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:38 AM
thanks ... Hmm my kampong meaning still a city , but not so known like hcm hanoi where lesser ppl visit ...

Do you know how much and where can i get it translated ? Will they stamp on it and state it is authentic ? , as u know govt officer most of them sop sop , no chop no stamp they will tend to think its fake and investigate more ...

where are u now?vietnam or sg

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 11:39 AM
ICA dont care about whether u show them how many tons of photo u take with her cos they are not interested.they are already sterotype already against girl from vietnam.they deal each case according to your own merit especially your financial status.

normally they wont reject your girl application if she have no bad record in sg before.how long they will give her the ltvp depends on your financial status btw my wife is also older than me so u are not alone

read more on this thread cos u seem new to vietnam scene

Ya quite new to viet, :) i will read more.

Yeah thx :) ... I know im earning low now thats why im asking whether is there ppl example who succeed with 2.2k income for the lstvp.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Ya quite new to viet, :) i will read more.

Yeah thx :) ... I know im earning low now thats why im asking whether is there ppl example who succeed with 2.2k income for the lstvp.

if u have a stable job for past 2 to 3 years and record is clean,most of the time they will give but for how long,it depends on them

The most important is your wife must not have any bad record in sg before

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 11:45 AM
ICA dun bother who is older and by how many years different...they just follow procedure...:)

Your pay may be low but hope you have consistently contribute CPF for the past 3 years...and not have problem with the law...then maybe better rate of success...good luck...:)

Hmm 3 consecutive years no, i have just recently switch co. Due to the location of my work place is far frm my part time school. But all the co. I have worked for are very well knowned public listed co. Where you can read frm the news day in and out.

Please advise whether the rate of success will be high ? Else i maybe think to get someone to sponsor instead ... But in her legit husband so im thinking will there be any breach in the regulation if im to get someone to sponsor her rather than me myself. (etc . My manager)

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:50 AM
if u now in sg,why not just bring your cert to ICA and check with them.Let them see and if they say recognise,then u just apply ltvp accordingly if they say cannot,then go vietnam embassy and check with them what u suppose to do next

my marriage cert is from HCM and yes,the cert come with all those govertment chop,without those,is consider not true copy,i got it translate to english over there and with the chop and ICA recognise

I call SG ROM and they say no need to register again cos 1 person can only register once either oversea or sg but whether the marriage cert is recognise in sg govertment eye is depends on them

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 11:52 AM
if u have a stable job for past 2 to 3 years and record is clean,most of the time they will give but for how long,it depends on them

The most important is your wife must not have any bad record in sg before

Hmm, she got a letter of refusal once when i asked her to come over. Which is like 6 mths ago in sept . I guess they do not believe shes my wife,She did not bring her wed cert with her. Even if she bring also no results, as its in tv. the reason was not stated clearly. Just purely without the reason to enter singapore.

Would appreciate your advise.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Hmm 3 consecutive years no, i have just recently switch co. Due to the location of my work place is far frm my part time school. But all the co. I have worked for are very well knowned public listed co. Where you can read frm the news day in and out.

Please advise whether the rate of success will be high ? Else i maybe think to get someone to sponsor instead ... But in her legit husband so im thinking will there be any breach in the regulation if im to get someone to sponsor her rather than me myself. (etc . My manager)

dont do any funny thing like get a sponsor especially if u are marry to her.make a trip to ICA and check with them

what u mean by rate of succeess?getting the LTVP depends on u and her record so if your financial status is good and her record is clean,most of the time they will give

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 11:58 AM
if u now in sg,why not just bring your cert to ICA and check with them.Let them see and if they say recognise,then u just apply ltvp accordingly if they say cannot,then go vietnam embassy and check with them what u suppose to do next

my marriage cert is from HCM and yes,the cert come with all those govertment chop,without those,is consider not true copy,i got it translate to english over there and with the chop and ICA recognise

I call SG ROM and they say no need to register again cos 1 person can only register once either oversea or sg but whether the marriage cert is recognise in sg govertment eye is depends on them

Im in sg , my copy is not translated. If i were to o to viet embassy in sg to get it translated , will the embassy give a stamp to the translated copy ?

Golden question
19-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hmm, she got a letter of refusal once when i asked her to come over. Which is like 6 mths ago in sept . I guess they do not believe shes my wife,She did not bring her wed cert with her. Even if she bring also no results, as its in tv. the reason was not stated clearly. Just purely without the reason to enter singapore.

Would appreciate your advise.

of course lah,no proper document,how u expect them to believe,u should be the one go and check first before asking her to come.u already make her in a bad position cos the record is there that they issue her a letter of refusal

why u did not go and check first like ask ICA what document they need?every day they see many type of foreign cert,do u think they recognise if is not in english.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 12:03 PM
u also funny lah,she come without any marriage cert and u expect ICA to believe both of u that u all are marry and issue her the LTVP.DONT TRY,ALWAYS CHECK

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 12:04 PM
of course lah,no proper document,how u expect them to believe,u should be the one go and check first before asking her to come.u already make her in a bad position cos the record is there that they issue her a letter of refusal

why u did not go and check first like ask ICA what document they need?every day they see many type of foreign cert,do u think they recognise if is not in english.

At that point im thinking it shouldnt be a problem, as she have a gap of 6 mths not coming to sg. So i thought its alright :( .

I called up ica, they keep telling to fill the forms. Before i fill and sign any form i would want to make sure everything in order before i lack anything in the application and make the matter worse.

Thats why in here for advise :)

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 12:06 PM

she will not get letter of refusal when she presents her passport at the airport checkpoint counter...she only will not get a stamp on her passport and asked to return...if there is a letter from ICA, think you better look into it and see what it said...:)

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 12:10 PM

so long you have a cpf contribution for the past 3 years even you switch job but not sit at home 1 year with no job...then better success rate...:)

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 12:13 PM
she will not get letter of refusal when she presents her passport at the airport checkpoint counter...she only will not get a stamp on her passport and asked to return...if there is a letter from ICA, think you better look into it and see what it said...:)

The letter just states under the immgration act, my wife has been ineligible to be issued a pass . Thats all.

So i asked her to stay in viet, 6 mths passed. Visited her thrice, damn in laws like sucking blood. Getting more n more worse, even blamed her for not providing for the family. I only gave them enough money every month to eat, the rest i gave my wife to keep in case of emergency.

casannova03
19-03-2012, 12:21 PM
At that point im thinking it shouldnt be a problem, as she have a gap of 6 mths not coming to sg. So i thought its alright :( .

I called up ica, they keep telling to fill the forms. Before i fill and sign any form i would want to make sure everything in order before i lack anything in the application and make the matter worse.

Thats why in here for advise :)

Normally if there's no indication here that she's married to you and records shows that she frequents here too "regularly" and stays all the way tilll the social visit pass is expired, it as tell tale sign that she could be one of those coming here to work. That said, they were all views based solely on her entry/exit records.

Your wife would know where to get the translation done and "chopped" with the red official ink in Vietnam. I am not sure where it is but I reckon most vietnamese will know. Just like we know our ICA.

These are the documents to prepare on her side that must be translated, "chopped with red official ink" and certified true copy:

1.) Birth cert
2.) marriage cert
3.) highest education cert (if any)
4.) Household census book

You do not need the originals but need certified true copies as verified by vietnamese authorities. 2 sets: one in vietnamese and one translated copy in english.

This should be sufficient for her side. The rest will be your own income proof, education proof etc etc as stated in application form.

Hope this helps!;)

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 12:21 PM
So i asked her to stay in viet, 6 mths passed. Visited her thrice, damn in laws like sucking blood. Getting more n more worse, even blamed her for not providing for the family. I only gave them enough money every month to eat, the rest i gave my wife to keep in case of emergency.

what you had mentioned above are typical Viet in-laws story...we heard and read it many times in this thread...even TS had stated many of his in-laws bad experiences...all you need is to read them...so you knew how to handle this situation...:)

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Normally if there's no indication here that she's married to you and records shows that she frequents here too "regularly" and stays all the way tilll the social visit pass is expired, it as tell tale sign that she could be one of those coming here to work. That said, they were all views based solely on her entry/exit records.

Your wife would know where to get the translation done and "chopped" with the red official ink in Vietnam. I am not sure where it is but I reckon most vietnamese will know. Just like we know our ICA.

These are the documents to prepare on her side that must be translated, "chopped with red official ink" and certified true copy:

1.) Birth cert
2.) marriage cert
3.) highest education cert (if any)
4.) Household census book

You do not need the originals but need certified true copies as verified by vietnamese authorities. 2 sets: one in vietnamese and one translated copy in english.

This should be sufficient for her side. The rest will be your own income proof, education proof etc etc as stated in application form.

Hope this helps!;)

Hi bro, yeah i guessed it would be the long stays that made her rejected. Guess only time can heal this scar in ica records.

Btw can you explain to me what is household census book ? . Is it the one that show the family tree ? Her parents her relative etc etc ?

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi bro, yeah i guessed it would be the long stays that made her rejected. Guess only time can heal this scar in ica records.

Btw can you explain to me what is household census book ? . Is it the one that show the family tree ? Her parents her relative etc etc ?

in Vn...household census book refers to where she lives and her name register in it...example

if she lives in a house as per address...
her name
father name
mother name
siblings name

assuming she lives in the same house as her immediate family...under teh same address...:)

every household must register with the local police dept otherwise can get into trouble with the law...:)

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 12:48 PM
in Vn...household census book refers to where she lives and her name register in it...example

if she lives in a house as per address...
her name
father name
mother name
siblings name

assuming she lives in the same house as her immediate family...under teh same address...:)

every household must register with the local police dept otherwise can get into trouble with the law...:)

Kay ... Have that ... So now is to translate my cert ... Can i get it done in sg ?

KangTuo
19-03-2012, 12:58 PM
she will not get letter of refusal when she presents her passport at the airport checkpoint counter...she only will not get a stamp on her passport and asked to return

I have seen such letter before. Even when the vb produce her marriage cert also useless...

Long stay is definitely the main resaon..
I was told by a senior that I should not let my girlfriend stay long time here when I was able to bring her in after her ban period. After multiple short visits, one day I was told by the officer at the airport immigration theat her record is clean now. :)

Hurricane88
19-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Kay ... Have that ... So now is to translate my cert ... Can i get it done in sg ?

yes, same as the marriage cert...you can get all these documents translated by the Vn embassy in Sinkie...:)

if you search these thread...you will noticed all these discussed before...:)

casannova03
19-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Long stay is definitely the main resaon..
I was told by a senior that I should not let my girlfriend stay long time here when I was able to bring her in after her ban period. After multiple short visits, one day I was told by the officer at the airport immigration theat her record is clean now. :)

Yes it is....but that's only because of the VBs' trend of coming and working till the very last day. It is so common that ICA will just use that as a starting gauge of a vietnamese gal's intention and reason to be in singapore, without needing to ask anything... haha

I know of one VB who will stay here max max 3 weeks. She never stays till max allowed date and will leave once she covered her air ticket, accomodation and her intended earnings target. Sometimes 2 weeks.

So far I have seen her around regularly for the past year....so i guess it works. Most likely ICA classified her as frequent "business" vistor. As in always here for short biz trips. HAHA!!

Golden question
19-03-2012, 01:19 PM

just an info to you,whatever document u dont have,u have to declare there why u dont have.

That time when i apply,i only use her birth cert and our marriage cert and i declare that she dont have any educational cert and household cenus book and she sign.together with my document,they issue her the ltvp.

they will want to see the orginal copy so u must bring along but they wont keep,they just want to see only and keep the photocopy one

as what 1 bro say,your vietnam document and translate one must stamp with a red ink

Golden question
19-03-2012, 01:31 PM
The letter just states under the immgration act, my wife has been ineligible to be issued a pass . Thats all.

Dont give in to your in law request,just give whatever u think is manageable every month.Dont soften your heart.Lots of bro have share here on what to do and roughly how much to give every month,just read through.

Is norm for their own parents to ask for more since she marry a foreigner so always pretend that u are a poor chap and cannot afford this and afford that

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 04:00 PM
just an info to you,whatever document u dont have,u have to declare there why u dont have.

That time when i apply,i only use her birth cert and our marriage cert and i declare that she dont have any educational cert and household cenus book and she sign.together with my document,they issue her the ltvp.

they will want to see the orginal copy so u must bring along but they wont keep,they just want to see only and keep the photocopy one

as what 1 bro say,your vietnam document and translate one must stamp with a red ink

Can i get that stamped in sg ?? Or i need to go back during my next trip For the authority in viet to get it stamped ?.? 6 hrs trip frm hcm is bored, plus that kind of wecome i rather not have :(

DearestLove
19-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Dont give in to your in law request,just give whatever u think is manageable every month.Dont soften your heart.Lots of bro have share here on what to do and roughly how much to give every month,just read through.

Is norm for their own parents to ask for more since she marry a foreigner so always pretend that u are a poor chap and cannot afford this and afford that

No , im not giving in i only give what i feel its enough based on personal experience. I told wife before our marriage, im marry her and not buying her whole family. This family consist of both of us, both of us need to work hard for this family. Im not rich, nor i live in big houses. I only have a heart that is willing to be oxa em tot suet doi, im still young now but i will work to make sure you dont starve. When time ripe i will bring you over to stay with me. I think her parents despise me because i didnt give them a lot of things when we marry, despite not being rich she still chose to marry me.

SingViet
19-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Aiyoh aiyoh.... no matter where yr vn marriage cert is issued, as long as its a vn marriage certificate, its recognised in Singapore. there is no need to register with Singapore ROM again. Just bring your Vn marriage certificate to a translator in HCM and get it translated into English. Next, the translator will ask you if you want it notorised by a notary public. get it notorised by vn notary public. Bring the VN marriage cert, both original and translated / notorised copy to ICA to apply for LTSVP.

BTW, almost all official chops in VN are red plus round in colour. My company chop also red and round, but i cannot chop as i am not notary public.. hihihi. Last time, as long as ICA see a big round red vietnam chop, they will say ok. I think they have become smarter, they want to see the translated copy in english and has the word `Notary Public'.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 05:32 PM
No , im not giving in i only give what i feel its enough based on personal experience. I told wife before our marriage, im marry her and not buying her whole family. This family consist of both of us, both of us need to work hard for this family. Im not rich, nor i live in big houses. I only have a heart that is willing to be oxa em tot suet doi, im still young now but i will work to make sure you dont starve. When time ripe i will bring you over to stay with me. I think her parents despise me because i didnt give them a lot of things when we marry, despite not being rich she still chose to marry me.

no offend bro,normally they will marry despite sg man not rich cos as long as can marry to sg,is a way for them to get out of poverty.look at those young girl marry those old man in sg through marriage agency then u will know

for them,earning 2.2k is rich to them but for normal sg standard,is consider not high if u are going to feel her,your family and next time your kids cos nowadays expenses is going up.

educate her cos she might not know and let her know that she might not get a job if she intend to if she is not highly educated,dont know how to speak any english or chinese

SingViet
19-03-2012, 05:33 PM
You can bring your marriage certificate to translate at Le Hong Phong Street at Q3, the whole street is doing it. Its a famous street in HCM for translation. Normal translation is around 80K VND per copy, if plus notorised by notary public, max also 300K VND. Nowadays, other streets like Le Van Si , Q3 also have.

Golden question
19-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Aiyoh aiyoh.... no matter where yr vn marriage cert is issued, as long as its a vn marriage certificate, its recognised in Singapore. there is no need to register with Singapore ROM again. Just bring your Vn marriage certificate to a translator in HCM and get it translated into English. Next, the translator will ask you if you want it notorised by a notary public. get it notorised by vn notary public. Bring the VN marriage cert, both original and translated / notorised copy to ICA to apply for LTSVP.

BTW, almost all official chops in VN are red plus round in colour. My company chop also red and round, but i cannot chop as i am not notary public.. hihihi. Last time, as long as ICA see a big round red vietnam chop, they will say ok. I think they have become smarter, they want to see the translated copy in english and has the word `Notary Public'.

ya,that time when i marry there,i still remember my wife have to cut into standard size for my photo and all those photocopy document.I ask her ask why so troublesome,is a paper what,she say vietnam ppl like that one.They want the standard size.OH MY GOD:eek:

vietboy
19-03-2012, 11:21 PM
ya,that time when i marry there,i still remember my wife have to cut into standard size for my photo and all those photocopy document.I ask her ask why so troublesome,is a paper what,she say vietnam ppl like that one.They want the standard size.OH MY GOD:eek:

they still doing that leh... :D

repsoi
19-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi, for my ba xa case when i apply for LTVP, i only have her passport here, birth cert n census n highest education etc all i dun have .
My pay also not high when i apply last year around $2500 only.
Also no problem.
Just go and apply with whatever u have and it should be fine as there is nothing you should be worried about.
And further more i am a bankruptcy. Can't be worse than me right.

vietboy
19-03-2012, 11:35 PM

yes, u r not buying her whole family but marriage is not just 2 person thingie, it is also a 2 families thingie. it include yur parents and her parents. it is not just the 2 of u. marriage is a journey, not a transaction.

Vietnamese are very strong in their family ties, family comes 1st b4 anything. its very different from ours. u want them to give up on their family? No way bro...

i dont know what excatly happened btwn u n yur in-laws, but i believed they dont despise u, they r have happy to have a foreigner as son-in-law. it brings honour to their family. how can they dislike u?

like the bros had said, u need time to educate yur bx n including her parents.

sorry, i nhieu chuyen a bit: can i ask how long u know yur bx b4 yur marriage?

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:10 AM
no offend bro,normally they will marry despite sg man not rich cos as long as can marry to sg,is a way for them to get out of poverty.look at those young girl marry those old man in sg through marriage agency then u will know

for them,earning 2.2k is rich to them but for normal sg standard,is consider not high if u are going to feel her,your family and next time your kids cos nowadays expenses is going up.

educate her cos she might not know and let her know that she might not get a job if she intend to if she is not highly educated,dont know how to speak any english or chinese

She understand me, no matter how much i gave her, she has no complains. As she dont spend it at all. She always use it to buy me clothes and food when i visit her in vietnam .

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:16 AM
You can bring your marriage certificate to translate at Le Hong Phong Street at Q3, the whole street is doing it. Its a famous street in HCM for translation. Normal translation is around 80K VND per copy, if plus notorised by notary public, max also 300K VND. Nowadays, other streets like Le Van Si , Q3 also have.

Le van si or le hong phong? ... Ok ... Near the airport or bus stop .. The next visit i shall drop by and let them translate before i head for the long bus trip to kampong :) ... I dun really know hcm well , as i always go there for my transit to kanpong ...

Thanks man.

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:18 AM
yes, u r not buying her whole family but marriage is not just 2 person thingie, it is also a 2 families thingie. it include yur parents and her parents. it is not just the 2 of u. marriage is a journey, not a transaction.

Vietnamese are very strong in their family ties, family comes 1st b4 anything. its very different from ours. u want them to give up on their family? No way bro...

i dont know what excatly happened btwn u n yur in-laws, but i believed they dont despise u, they r have happy to have a foreigner as son-in-law. it brings honour to their family. how can they dislike u?

Half a yr then 9 mths marriage . Very short period of time, atill have a long journey ahead... :)

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi, for my ba xa case when i apply for LTVP, i only have her passport here, birth cert n census n highest education etc all i dun have .
My pay also not high when i apply last year around $2500 only.
Also no problem.
Just go and apply with whatever u have and it should be fine as there is nothing you should be worried about.
And further more i am a bankruptcy. Can't be worse than me right.

Your application pulled through? , im afraid due to my payslip unable to reflect monthly of at least 2.5. Only my yearly payslip able to show the ability of 30k and above incl. bonuses . So i maybe need some advise if any bro noes how roughly they assess then im able to match the expectation with the paperwork i can do on my end.

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:39 AM

I dont intend to let her work, im thinking maybe saving 3 yrs down the road to maybe let her open a small stall or shop in singapore to let her pass her time. 50k plus a bit of loan should be able to set up the small stall and of cos i will be looking after the accounts of it. My mum can assist her as and when she is free.

Ya im looking to let her understand that life is not as easy she her family think in singapore, im handling 2 jobs. Working in out the week, any opportunity to work on part time i will do so. As for in govt eyes im just a 2.2k employee in a slightly recognised company. Clocking my accountancy experience to get my membership :(.

skyfree
20-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Half a yr then 9 mths marriage . Very short period of time, atill have a long journey ahead... :)

My vn gf I know since oct last year, did ask me when I will marry her. I says next year. She ask why so long. I told her the reasons and she also understand.

FYI my current gf know my ex gf...although in the end she know why I break up with my ex

skyfree
20-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Your application pulled through? , im afraid due to my payslip unable to reflect monthly of at least 2.5. Only my yearly payslip able to show the ability of 30k and above incl. bonuses . So i maybe need some advise if any bro noes how roughly they assess then im able to match the expectation with the paperwork i can do on my end.

Hi, don't mind I ask? The amount reflected is the basic pay or take home pay? Sorry to ask.

skyfree
20-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I dont intend to let her work, im thinking maybe saving 3 yrs down the road to maybe let her open a small stall or shop in singapore to let her pass her time. 50k plus a bit of loan should be able to set up the small stall and of cos i will be looking after the accounts of it. My mum can assist her as and when she is free.

Ya im looking to let her understand that life is not as easy she her family think in singapore, im handling 2 jobs. Working in out the week, any opportunity to work on part time i will do so. As for in govt eyes im just a 2.2k employee in a slightly recognised company. Clocking my accountancy experience to get my membership :(.

Well for me, I did tell my current gf that I did plan for her to work in Singapore after marriage. Suggest to let her work in the same company I workin now. Different dept though as I did mention to my director before. As long as can speak English or Chinese with some minor knowledge of computer can Liao. I did tell her my reasons for doing all these.

SingViet
20-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Le van si or le hong phong? ... Ok ... Near the airport or bus stop .. The next visit i shall drop by and let them translate before i head for the long bus trip to kampong :) ... I dun really know hcm well , as i always go there for my transit to kanpong ...

Thanks man.

Le Hong Phong at Q3 is good. But its not so near to the airport, but it may be on the way to the bus station at Q6 where buses to mekong Delta are situated. Btw, you shouldn't be worried about LTSVP, its the most basic one can get for a foreigner spouse. :D

SingViet
20-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Well for me, I did tell my current gf that I did plan for her to work in Singapore after marriage. Suggest to let her work in the same company I workin now. Different dept though as I did mention to my director before. As long as can speak English or Chinese with some minor knowledge of computer can Liao. I did tell her my reasons for doing all these.

This is a good move. Its not easy to survive on a single income for a family nowadays in Singapore. With both working, her time will be occupied and there's income coming in.

SingViet
20-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Bro, i think your wife may have come from a very understanding family. Most of the viet families from the villages will take their foreigner SIL as ATM. Most important is to educate the wife, its almost impossible to educate her family. I have heard of viet spouse with very understanding parents, but mostly, its the other way round. My wife's friend just told her that her brother is getting married in VN and she wants her husband to fork out S$6k to give to her brother. The brother is not working, addicted to drugs. But the mother wants `face', so she has to fork out the money to create `face' for her brother. :confused:

Hurricane88
20-03-2012, 10:01 AM
My wife's friend just told her that her brother is getting married in VN and she wants her husband to fork out S$6k to give to her brother. The brother is not working, addicted to drugs. But the mother wants `face', so she has to fork out the money to create `face' for her brother. :confused:

expensive face...hihi...:)

shysaint
20-03-2012, 10:59 AM

I did ALL my documents translation at the government building opposite diamond plaza at D1 and is FULLY RECOGNISED by ICA ...

shysaint
20-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I submitted with a mthly pay of 2k ... and they principle approved 1 year ..

During completion of documents ... I tld them I no work and no cpf contibution for 1 yr ... so this new work just started ..

and last yr income tax submission , I only declare 8k ..

:eek:

shysaint
20-03-2012, 11:09 AM

Read many of your posts and is too much to quote here ...

My ONLY advice for you :

DOn't worry about "Failed" application ..

Your main worries now is to get ALL your documents ready and Bring your Wife to Singapore for LTVP application !!!!

The Result of the application is Beyond Control ...

I just came back from Australian Grand Prix and is now trying to browse the threads so is abit lazy to quotes ...

U may want to search for my sharings and u will probably get some details there ...

Hurricane88
20-03-2012, 11:25 AM

My ONLY advice for you :

Your main worries now is to get ALL your documents ready and Bring your Wife to Singapore for LTVP application !!!!

U may want to search for my sharings and u will probably get some details there ...

i wonder how anyone can marry a Viet without knowing their culture and been to their country many times...now he has to learn the hard way...worrying this and that...I thought normally you worry about all these before marraige...:)

batty
20-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Bro, i think your wife may have come from a very understanding family. Most of the viet families from the villages will take their foreigner SIL as ATM. Most important is to educate the wife, its almost impossible to educate her family. I have heard of viet spouse with very understanding parents, but mostly, its the other way round. My wife's friend just told her that her brother is getting married in VN and she wants her husband to fork out S$6k to give to her brother. The brother is not working, addicted to drugs. But the mother wants `face', so she has to fork out the money to create `face' for her brother. :confused:

Your wife's girlfriend and her family will secretly get their cuts of the S$6 000; I suspect. BTW, what are your wife's thoughts on this?

shysaint
20-03-2012, 11:47 AM
i wonder how anyone can marry a Viet without knowing their culture and been to their country many times...now he has to learn the hard way...worrying this and that...I thought normally you worry about all these before marraige...:)

Thats always the case ... " LOVE " biggest than Anything Else ...

Seletar
20-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Thanks man.

Can I kay poh abit, which kampong ? 6 hr journey could be Kien Giang. I went once, tak boleh tahan

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Can I kay poh abit, which kampong ? 6 hr journey could be Kien Giang. I went once, tak boleh tahan

Kinh gung , somewhere near hau giang. But not exact 6 hrs, my transit frm airport to bus station to kampong 6 hrs plus minus. Hehe...

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:19 PM

My ONLY advice for you :

I just came back from Australian Grand Prix and is now trying to browse the threads so is abit lazy to quotes ...

Thanks for your advice, i read many failed cases around the net regarding all these. So was thinking to learn knowledge and try to make it more easier on my end when im going through the process .

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 01:23 PM

Haha "love" overrides it, i went viet quite a number of times. To a point where the custom there questioned my purpose in viet. Well maybe im the sway one, but all the visit purpose is to see my current wife . Range frm 4 days - 1.5 week.

shysaint
20-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for your advice, i read many failed cases around the net regarding all these. So was thinking to learn knowledge and try to make it more easier on my end when im going through the process .

As long as u meet the requirements spelt out in application ... as long as u submit the requirements ... as long as your wife is NOT banned .. as long as she got no criminal offence ...

easier ??? how easier u want ... there is NO easier way ... to apply u got to meet the requirements and submit the required documents .. it's that simple ... no easier route ...

U do not need knowledge to apply ...

Seriously I cannot understand your statement " So was thinking to learn knowledge and try to make it more easier on my end when im going through the process "

so if someone tells u ur salary NOT enough to apply for your wife .. so are u going to quit?

Rmember casese are different ...

its either u apply or not apply ... simple equation ...

if u worry this and worry that .. then u might as well let her stay there and u fly over ....

therefore .. go sort out all your documents ... go read the ica website ... NOT here worrying about failed cases ..

SingViet
20-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I did ALL my documents translation at the government building opposite diamond plaza at D1 and is FULLY RECOGNISED by ICA ...

Bro. That's the ministry of foreign affairs, documents translated there are notorised immediately as they have a in house notary public.

SingViet
20-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Haha "love" overrides it, i went viet quite a number of times. To a point where the custom there questioned my purpose in viet. Well maybe im the sway one, but all the visit purpose is to see my current wife . Range frm 4 days - 1.5 week.

Bro. If you are married in Vn, the customs will have your record. They will know yr Ba Xa is Vietnam ...

DearestLove
20-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Bro. If you are married in Vn, the customs will have your record. They will know yr Ba Xa is Vietnam ...

Im not very sure on this though, but first thing come to my mind is he want to get kopi money.

shysaint
20-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Bro. That's the ministry of foreign affairs, documents translated there are notorised immediately as they have a in house notary public.

Yeah ... I Know is so tu phap :)

What the name in english .. I forgot liao ...

But I know its very cheap and good :)

This government place is given by SIngapore Embassy in Vetnam.

SingViet
20-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Im not very sure on this though, but first thing come to my mind is he want to get kopi money.

If you got married in VN, you should have remember that you need to register your presence in VN by going to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in HCMC. This place is just next to Diamond Plaza. After registering your presence, then you can process your marriage application in the province. So after registering your presence in VN, the customs will have your details. ;)

SingViet
20-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Your wife's girlfriend and her family will secretly get their cuts of the S$6 000; I suspect. BTW, what are your wife's thoughts on this?

I am glad that my wife felt quite disturbed by this, although she knows clearly that such practises are very common in VN. Indeed after hearing this, my wife decided to cut down the frequency of contact with this girlfriend of hers.

repsoi
20-03-2012, 11:55 PM
We have been married for 1yrs plus and she is on 1 yr LtVP now and we just submitted pr application but i doubt pr will go through.

repsoi
20-03-2012, 11:59 PM

My ONLY advice for you :

I totally agree with what you said.
Last time i worried about rejections as i was rejected in my first 2 applications,
Then extend max 3months then she fly back, now all ok liao.

DearestLove
21-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I totally agree with what you said.
Last time i worried about rejections as i was rejected in my first 2 applications,
Then extend max 3months then she fly back, now all ok liao.

Thanks ! Sorry i got a few qns on the form, Do i need to state how long i want the pass to be ? Or the authority will fill in for me the duration.

What about the deposit ? I just fill in nil ? Not providing any deposit ? Or the authority will advise how much is needed.

How do i declare that she have no education certiicates ? Do i need to write a letter and attach behind the application ?.

Now headache, i have to bring her in first before i submit the application. Bxa was served wif the notice 6 mths ago.

And also it say take 6 weeks to process, can i e extend her stay and state that as a reason for waiting the results of ltsvp?

Any advise from bros here ? , the better way out is to file for a appeal on the notice of refusal ? Or just bring her in person at the custom. The officer told me that every entry is a new assessment.

Haiz ,If i can get a job in hcm to be paid the same here in sg to me, i would have moved over and work. This paperwork thing more stress then what is in my company.

SingViet
21-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Haiz ,If i can get a job in hcm to be paid the same here in sg to me, i would have moved over and work. This paperwork thing more stress then what is in my company.

LTSVP is one of the easiest to apply and get. Why are you so worried ? Everybody hopes to be paid Singapore salary and stay in HCM, but is that possible ?

shysaint
21-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks ! Sorry i got a few qns on the form, Do i need to state how long i want the pass to be ? Or the authority will fill in for me the duration.

What about the deposit ? I just fill in nil ? Not providing any deposit ? Or the authority will advise how much is needed.

How do i declare that she have no education certiicates ? Do i need to write a letter and attach behind the application ?.

Now headache, i have to bring her in first before i submit the application. Bxa was served wif the notice 6 mths ago.

And also it say take 6 weeks to process, can i e extend her stay and state that as a reason for waiting the results of ltsvp?

Any advise from bros here ? , the better way out is to file for a appeal on the notice of refusal ? Or just bring her in person at the custom. The officer told me that every entry is a new assessment.

I have 2 friends who are currently under "ban" AND they are Married in Singapore. They are told by Officer in order to come in , they have to get their husband to write in and appeal and apply for them to comes in.

SO if your wife is currently under 'BAN', NO point bringing your wife in. PLease apply for VISA to allow your wife to come in.

IF your wife has already passed the ban period, you can try bringing her in for NO garauntee shee can pass thru the immigration.

Now back to your QNs ... The application are done electronically. you do not need to submit anything or letters until your application are approved-in-principle and go to ICA for completion of formalities.

Those "Not Important" missing documents can write a letter of explanation to state why you cannot submit it, for example, my wife education certificate.

The duration of the LTVP is determined by ICA NOT to be requested by you. Duration can be monthly, or 3 mths or 6 mths or 1 year or now 3-5 years.

UNless you are talking about applying Entry VISA, Yes , You Need to specify the period of stay.

Deposit only if required and is specify by ICA too.

Application takes 6 weeks. YES, if your VISA is NOT enough to cover the period, during application of LTVP, the system will prompt you to extend her VISA first else you cannot proceed to do your LTVP.

It's very easy, every steps are prompted, Don't get worried and confuse for Now.

LIke I said, they is NO Point for you to worried so many things.

From WHat I have gathered so far ... the most things you need to do:

1. Your wife's Ban ...

If ou are not sure what to do ... u can PM me ...

Hurricane88
21-03-2012, 09:23 AM
LTSVP is one of the easiest to apply and get. Why are you so worried ? Everybody hopes to be paid Singapore salary and stay in HCM, but is that possible ?

should have think of this "worries" before marriage...really small dick took over big dick in this case...:)

then now he really has this sinkie behaviour...wants everything to be served on silver platter...:)

SingViet
21-03-2012, 09:32 AM
In the news for the wrong reason again... haiz

SINGAPORE : Police have arrested seven people, including four Singaporeans and three Vietnamese, who are believed to be part of a loanshark syndicate.

The suspects are aged between 31 and 46.

They were nabbed in simultaneous raids in areas such as Serangoon and Hougang.

More than S$70,000 in Singapore and foreign currency was seized.

Several mobile phones, bank cards, a bank book, credit cards and notebooks were also seized.

Initial investigations revealed that the suspects were involved in recruiting Vietnamese to come to Singapore to carry out loanshark harassment acts.

They also provided accommodation for the Vietnamese harassers after they entered Singapore.

- CNA/ms

SingViet
21-03-2012, 09:35 AM
One day 2 reports on Vietnamese ......

SINGAPORE : The Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) has busted a drug trafficking group trafficking in various drugs including cannabis and 'Ice'.

Thirteen suspects were arrested in the sting operation conducted on Monday.

Drugs with an estimated street value of S$52,000 were also seized.

On Monday evening, CNB officers spotted a 50-year-old suspect wanted for drug trafficking offences in the vicinity of Upper Changi Road North.

He was with a 48-year-old female companion.

CNB officers moved in and arrested both persons, recovering about 610 grammes of cannabis and three Ecstasy tablets from the man.

The 48-year-old female was also wanted by CNB for a drug consumption offence.

The officers then went to an apartment the pair were renting in the vicinity and recovered a small amount of 'Ice' and various drug paraphernalia, including a digital weighing scale.

Officers also recovered cash amounting to about S$1,600.

During the search of the unit, the female suspect suddenly turned hysterical and tried to hurt herself with two fruit knives.

CNB officers managed to restrain the female suspect but in the process, two officers were injured and bitten.

In another incident on Monday, a 30-year-old suspected drug trafficker was spotted in the vicinity of Joo Chiat Place.

He was arrested and found with an envelope containing a small packet of ketamine and two Ecstasy tablets.

A 34-year-old male suspected drug abuser was also arrested.

The 30-year-old suspected drug trafficker led CNB officers to a unit of a private residential block in Joo Chiat Place where another seven persons suspected to be involved in drug activities were arrested.

Another unit in the same residential block was also raided and a male Singaporean and a female Vietnamese national were arrested.

A small packet of 'Ice' and cash amounting to about S$4,170 were recovered from the female's handbag.

A total of approximately 130 grammes of cannabis, 1,500 Erimin-5 tablets, a small packet of ketamine, and various drug paraphernalia, including a digital weighing scale, numerous empty plastic sachets and improvised drug smoking apparatus, were also recovered from the second unit.

Investigations into all the suspects' drug activities are currently ongoing.

Those convicted in court for drug trafficking will face a minimum penalty of five years' jail and five strokes of the cane.

- CNA/ms

jackbl
21-03-2012, 11:20 AM
My wife's friend just told her that her brother is getting married in VN and she wants her husband to fork out S$6k to give to her brother. The brother is not working, addicted to drugs.

For me, no $$$ dun get married la.... No $$$ dun go Lam Tinh then later run away @#$%^&*()_+

jackbl
21-03-2012, 11:34 AM
...i thought normally you worry about all these before marraige...:)

知己知彼,百战百胜。

batty
21-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I know of a Singaporean Chinese man who married a girl from a Southeast Asian country. She did not have a foreign/Singaporean University degree. (As if a smart wife will make a good wife?). She bought a fake one from her home country. She submitted it to the ICA. She was found out. She was charged in Court and was imprisoned.

The moral of this story is fake documents should not be submitted to the Singapore authorities? The applicant will be found out? You can login in as a "Guest" when you reply to this.

casannova03
21-03-2012, 01:46 PM
For me, no $$$ dun get married la.... No $$$ dun go Lam Tinh then later run away @#$%^&*()_+

Haha...i got married with borrowed money initially...but I think the most important thing is how you strive to make things work. If you are hardworking and not choosy, you will not die in Singapore....

About the second part, I fully agree!! Have heard of many instances of that happening. These men are really heartless...but karma will take care of them!

I've heard one more classic.. as usual, sweet talk the gal, makes gal think that he's not that bad a guy. Goes Khach san then on the way send the gal back in cab, the gal ask for payment. He said of course but I'll give it to you when reach your place.....reach the gals's place: ok em, em xuong truoc doi anh di, anh tra tien taxi...what happens next? he slammed the door shut and ask taxi to drive off...:eek::eek:

When i first heard it....my 1st thought was: wah!! machiam lam phim wa!!
hahahaha!!

Sad to know this ia a singaporean guy....:o

Golden question
21-03-2012, 11:40 PM

it really depends on luck.if u have an in law who just want to squeeze until dry from her foreigner son in law,they are happy to have an ATM rather than bringing honour to their family

There is in law who dont do that towards their son in law and i am lucky to be one of them

Golden question
21-03-2012, 11:44 PM
She understand me, no matter how much i gave her, she has no complains. As she dont spend it at all. She always use it to buy me clothes and food when i visit her in vietnam .

i hope she maintain like that but no matter what,her family side pressure is greater so u must know how to manage

Golden question
21-03-2012, 11:46 PM

good lucky,really still have long way to go,first few years the tougher but if she understand where u come from,is easier but sad to say,most of them are stubborn in nature

Golden question
21-03-2012, 11:49 PM

2.5k or 30k yearly is not an important issue for them to consider giving her the ltvp but your job must be stable,u just switch job is not an issue

Golden question
21-03-2012, 11:54 PM

at least u work hard for yourself and her.recently saw a news about a guy become illegal ah long and get caught,sentence to 4 years and can.her vietnamese wife have to take over the stress and burden as his wife got pregnant and give birth on september.

dont understand why some sg guy so irreponsible,only think of themselve only

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:00 AM

My ONLY advice for you :

wow,fly to down under just to watch grand prix:eek: good life man:D

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:03 AM

always this two 4 letter word,fuck and love kill a man:eek::D

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:05 AM

normally they will give,but how long,it depends,fail case hardly unless got serious bad record on either one

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:07 AM
As long as u meet the requirements spelt out in application ... as long as u submit the requirements ... as long as your wife is NOT banned .. as long as she got no criminal offence ...

easier ??? how easier u want ... there is NO easier way ... to apply u got to meet the requirements and submit the required documents .. it's that simple ... no easier route ...

U do not need knowledge to apply ...

Seriously I cannot understand your statement " So was thinking to learn knowledge and try to make it more easier on my end when im going through the process "

so if someone tells u ur salary NOT enough to apply for your wife .. so are u going to quit?

Rmember casese are different ...

its either u apply or not apply ... simple equation ...

if u worry this and worry that .. then u might as well let her stay there and u fly over ....

therefore .. go sort out all your documents ... go read the ica website ... NOT here worrying about failed cases ..

bro,u are the man,one needle see blood but really good answer

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:11 AM

i also got ask before but is before i marry.ai ya they ask for fuck one lah.after i marry,they ask me stay for how long.na bei all idiot one lah

when see man,they ask stupid question and when see girl,try to be friendly

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:20 AM

ai yo saw your this posting makes me headache leh.u just follow the check list which come with the application form they give to u on which document u need to submit,if dont have,they will ask u to write on a pierce of a4 size paper and sign on the spot.u just declare why dont have.

no educational cert-put no school
no household paper-put no have
no birth cert-put lost and cannot find

as what i say before,that time,my wife only have her passport and birth cert,they also give,so why u worry so much

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:23 AM

if that is possible one day,then 333,saigon red,tiger and the rest will be the same price as sg liao:D

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:30 AM
In the news for the wrong reason again... haiz

SINGAPORE : Police have arrested seven people, including four Singaporeans and three Vietnamese, who are believed to be part of a loanshark syndicate.

The suspects are aged between 31 and 46.

They were nabbed in simultaneous raids in areas such as Serangoon and Hougang.

More than S$70,000 in Singapore and foreign currency was seized.

Several mobile phones, bank cards, a bank book, credit cards and notebooks were also seized.

Initial investigations revealed that the suspects were involved in recruiting Vietnamese to come to Singapore to carry out loanshark harassment acts.

They also provided accommodation for the Vietnamese harassers after they entered Singapore.

- CNA/ms

i can only say this singaporean make more sg ppl dislike vietnamese ppl anyway it take 2 hand to clap.recently saw 2 viet lady being send back and they dont seem like WL.The only things i can say is that maybe they commit petty crime here

Golden question
22-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Haha...i got married with borrowed money initially...but I think the most important thing is how you strive to make things work. If you are hardworking and not choosy, you will not die in Singapore....

About the second part, I fully agree!! Have heard of many instances of that happening. These men are really heartless...but karma will take care of them!

I've heard one more classic.. as usual, sweet talk the gal, makes gal think that he's not that bad a guy. Goes Khach san then on the way send the gal back in cab, the gal ask for payment. He said of course but I'll give it to you when reach your place.....reach the gals's place: ok em, em xuong truoc doi anh di, anh tra tien taxi...what happens next? he slammed the door shut and ask taxi to drive off...:eek::eek:

When i first heard it....my 1st thought was: wah!! machiam lam phim wa!!
hahahaha!!

Sad to know this ia a singaporean guy....:o

a man who fuck a wl for an agreed amount but without paying after the deed is being done is really a bastard.surely got kama one

still remember few years ago,got one sg man go a sg marriage agency find a vietnam wife,he ask the agency to let him bring her back to her house to stay and write a blank cheque as though he agreed to choose her.

but he bring her to a geylang hotel and have sex with her and the next day bring her back to return to that agency

fucking chee bye,treat her like a rubbish.happy take,no happy throw

DearestLove
22-03-2012, 12:55 AM
ai yo saw your this posting makes me headache leh.u just follow the check list which come with the application form they give to u on which document u need to submit,if dont have,they will ask u to write on a pierce of a4 size paper and sign on the spot.u just declare why dont have.

no educational cert-put no school
no household paper-put no have
no birth cert-put lost and cannot find

as what i say before,that time,my wife only have her passport and birth cert,they also give,so why u worry so much

Sorry, please be patient with me. :) ... Im sorting out 1 by 1 ...

DearestLove
22-03-2012, 01:11 AM
good lucky,really still have long way to go,first few years the tougher but if she understand where u come from,is easier but sad to say,most of them are stubborn in nature

Ya stubborn, but i realise when i sit down and talk heart to heart. With mixture of my chin-viet language haha, she will think and try to understand the whole picture. Maybe thats a blessing ba.

skyfree
22-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Just asking only, don't zap me if you don't like me answer this qns .

How long you know your vn wife before decide to marry her and be together in the eye of the law?

Golden question
22-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Sorry, please be patient with me. :) ... Im sorting out 1 by 1 ...

relax bro,is a simple procedure,dont have to think too deep,just follow what they want,dont have to think if dont have this or dont have that,will they approve to give her the ltvp or not.is beyond your control:)

Golden question
22-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Ya stubborn, but i realise when i sit down and talk heart to heart. With mixture of my chin-viet language haha, she will think and try to understand the whole picture. Maybe thats a blessing ba.

yours still lucky.mine at first very stubborn,even 1% picture,she also dont want to listen or understand where i come from,so after all those up and down during my first few year of marriage,she now change and me too.patient or forgive and forget is the most important here

SingViet
22-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I still remember when i applied for PR for my wife then, the ICA officer keep asking my wife if she has been in Singapore before. The Singapore stamp he saw were all stamped after the date of marriage certificate.

it seems very much that if the viet gal has been consistently coming to singapore many times on social visit pass before the PR application, its not going to do any good to the application.

casannova03
22-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I still remember when i applied for PR for my wife then, the ICA officer keep asking my wife if she has been in Singapore before. The Singapore stamp he saw were all stamped after the date of marriage certificate.

it seems very much that if the viet gal has been consistently coming to singapore many times on social visit pass before the PR application, its not going to do any good to the application.

Last time they very relax one lei...I didn't even have the idea to want to apply PR..just thought about LTSVP only....

Then when go collect LTSVP the uncle at the counter ask, you never apply PR ah? Since you here liao, apply la... Then i ok lor..apply...:D

SingViet
22-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Last time they very relax one lei...I didn't even have the idea to want to apply PR..just thought about LTSVP only....

Then when go collect LTSVP the uncle at the counter ask, you never apply PR ah? Since you here liao, apply la... Then i ok lor..apply...:D

Yes, last time they were more relaxed. But there were still numerous Viet spouse cannot get PR leh .

casannova03
22-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, last time they were more relaxed. But there were still numerous Viet spouse cannot get PR leh .

haha...I Lucky la bro...

Got the PR although I was just working for 1 year, maybe last time I got civil service card got a bit of help??:confused:

shysaint
22-03-2012, 04:33 PM
maybe last time I got civil service card got a bit of help??:confused:

YEs .. definitely got help :D

SingViet
23-03-2012, 08:33 AM
A woman allegedly assaulted two men on board a Tiger Airways flight from Ho Chi Minh to Singapore on Saturday after she accused one of them of kicking the back of her seat, according to various media reports.

The incident involved Yeo Chia Keat, 37, a project executive who was with his wife, as well as his friend Chua Teck Kwang, 37, a technician who was with his family on the same flight.

According to socio-political website TR Emeritus, Yeo bumped the seat in front of him while stretching his legs. Upset, the daughter of the Vietnamese lady seated in front of him then started yelling at Yeo and his wife.

The daughter then started “shifting her seat up and down repeatedly”, Yeo told local Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao, but the couple ignored her.

Yeo told the upset passenger when their flight landed in Singapore at around 5:20pm that they could go and make a police report together if she was not happy over what happened, but that simply enraged the woman, according to media reports.

Chua recounted to Lianhe Wanbao that the woman flung her hand-carried luggage at Yeo’s head, and after the former tried to intervene, she turned to hit him instead.

“She used her sharp nails and scratched my face and right arm”, Chua was quoted by the same paper as saying.

Yeo’s wife then took a video of the scene with her handphone.

From the video, uploaded by ElectricNewPaper on YouTube, the Vietnamese woman can be seen hurling words of abuse at Chua while passengers began alighting.

After which, she attacked him by pushing his chest. Chua’s forehead was seen to be bleeding after her attack. A lady tried to stop her by was also hit by her. They then threatened the woman by repeatedly saying that they would call the police on her.

While exiting the plane, shouts from both parties attracted the attention of the airport policemen. Chua told Lianhe Wanbao that the woman claimed the two men had hit her mother.

According to TR Emeritus, Chua claimed that the woman then unbuttoned her blouse and showed her chest to the policemen, telling them that Yeo had molested her.

Chua then called the police, who upon arrival tried to mediate between the two parties.

He later sought treatment at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital for cuts to his forehead and scratches on his chest and arm.

Vietnamese are getting more prominent in the `wrong way' in Singapore. Haiz

jf66312
23-03-2012, 09:26 AM
A woman allegedly assaulted two men on board a Tiger Airways flight from Ho Chi Minh to Singapore on Saturday after she accused one of them of kicking the back of her seat, according to various media reports.

The incident involved Yeo Chia Keat, 37, a project executive who was with his wife, as well as his friend Chua Teck Kwang, 37, a technician who was with his family on the same flight.

According to socio-political website TR Emeritus, Yeo bumped the seat in front of him while stretching his legs. Upset, the daughter of the Vietnamese lady seated in front of him then started yelling at Yeo and his wife.

The daughter then started “shifting her seat up and down repeatedly”, Yeo told local Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao, but the couple ignored her.

Yeo told the upset passenger when their flight landed in Singapore at around 5:20pm that they could go and make a police report together if she was not happy over what happened, but that simply enraged the woman, according to media reports.

Chua recounted to Lianhe Wanbao that the woman flung her hand-carried luggage at Yeo’s head, and after the former tried to intervene, she turned to hit him instead.

“She used her sharp nails and scratched my face and right arm”, Chua was quoted by the same paper as saying.

Yeo’s wife then took a video of the scene with her handphone.

From the video, uploaded by ElectricNewPaper on YouTube, the Vietnamese woman can be seen hurling words of abuse at Chua while passengers began alighting.

After which, she attacked him by pushing his chest. Chua’s forehead was seen to be bleeding after her attack. A lady tried to stop her by was also hit by her. They then threatened the woman by repeatedly saying that they would call the police on her.

While exiting the plane, shouts from both parties attracted the attention of the airport policemen. Chua told Lianhe Wanbao that the woman claimed the two men had hit her mother.

According to TR Emeritus, Chua claimed that the woman then unbuttoned her blouse and showed her chest to the policemen, telling them that Yeo had molested her.

Chua then called the police, who upon arrival tried to mediate between the two parties.

He later sought treatment at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital for cuts to his forehead and scratches on his chest and arm.

Vietnamese are getting more prominent in the `wrong way' in Singapore. Haiz

just saw this video on yahoo as well...

seems another bad advertisement on VN gals... :(

shysaint
23-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi All, I would like to post this question for Discussion:

How long do you know your vn gf before you decide to get married with her?

SingViet
23-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi All, I would like to post this question for Discussion:

How long do you know your vn gf before you decide to get married with her?

lol, same question as our facebook group. For my answer, refer to our group. :)

Seletar
23-03-2012, 10:42 AM
just saw this video on yahoo as well...

seems another bad advertisement on VN gals... :(

small matter blown up. police also don't care this type of case.

naemlo
23-03-2012, 11:16 AM

Some Vietnamese gers are fierce. Seen a woman made big fuss in public.... kept beating and scolding a Viet man. The Viet man out of sudden threw a punch and the ger KO immediately. Women just don't understand, no matter what, a man is always stronger than woman.

In public eyes, it is not right to whack a woman but sometimes these women deserve it. :D

DearestLove
23-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Some Vietnamese gers are fierce. Seen a woman made big fuss in public.... kept beating and scolding a Viet man. The Viet man out of sudden threw a punch and the ger KO immediately. Women just don't understand, no matter what, a man is always stronger than woman.

In public eyes, it is not right to whack a woman but sometimes these women deserve it. :D

I hope my wife dont break my patience too haaa, when i ki siao i dont want anything. If i really will throw the ko punch means the relationship is gone. ;)

shysaint
23-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I hope my wife dont break my patience too haaa, when i ki siao i dont want anything. If i really will throw the ko punch means the relationship is gone. ;)

Patience my friend ... no be so work up over such news ...

vietboy
24-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Bro, i think your wife may have come from a very understanding family. Most of the viet families from the villages will take their foreigner SIL as ATM. Most important is to educate the wife, its almost impossible to educate her family. I have heard of viet spouse with very understanding parents, but mostly, its the other way round.

Yes, i'm lucky to have one understanding FIL.

My wife's friend just told her that her brother is getting married in VN and she wants her husband to fork out S$6k to give to her brother. The brother is not working, addicted to drugs. But the mother wants `face', so she has to fork out the money to create `face' for her brother. :confused:

Crazy, i'll nvr do give the brother $$. this is equal to flushing $$ down Mekong river...

vietboy
24-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Patience my friend ... no be so work up over such news ...

Yes, its only a one off case.
but i didnt expect it to happen in sgp, only heard of these cases in vn.

SingViet
24-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes, i'm lucky to have one understanding FIL.
Crazy, i'll nvr do give the brother $$. this is equal to flushing $$ down Mekong river...

want to give $6k to BIL, might as well i go spend it on cheonging ;)

batty
24-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi guys. Suppose if I have a Vietnamese wife. We live in Singapore. I tell my Vietnamese wife that I have only enough money to finance her, our children and myself. But I do not have enough to finance her family and relatives back in Vietnam. What probably will be her reaction? This is a burning question that I always want to find out the answer. Thank you.

papillon30
25-03-2012, 01:22 AM
http://vnexpress.net/gl/doi-song/cau-chuyen-cuoc-song/2012/03/le-cuoi-sieu-xe-cua-lao-dai-gia-voi-thieu-nu-hai-muoi/

Rich Vietnamese man,74, married 20-year-old Viet lady. The man is old enough to be her grandfather. The bride's parents received 500 million VND
for dowry.

SingViet
25-03-2012, 08:50 AM
http://vnexpress.net/gl/doi-song/cau-chuyen-cuoc-song/2012/03/le-cuoi-sieu-xe-cua-lao-dai-gia-voi-thieu-nu-hai-muoi/

Rich Vietnamese man,74, married 20-year-old Viet lady. The man is old enough to be her grandfather. The bride's parents received 500 million VND
for dowry.

Welcome back Bro. Have not seen you around for quite some time. Btw, this feels more like selling daughter, not marrying her off. ;)

vietboy
25-03-2012, 07:12 PM
want to give $6k to BIL, might as well i go spend it on cheonging ;)

cheonging also dun need so much ba...

vietboy
25-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi guys. Suppose if I have a Vietnamese wife. We live in Singapore. I tell my Vietnamese wife that I have only enough money to finance her, our children and myself. But I do not have enough to finance her family and relatives back in Vietnam. What probably will be her reaction? This is a burning question that I always want to find out the answer. Thank you.

Easy! just ask her straight and u will see her reaction straight! :D

different ppl have diff reaction lah bro. u have to ask her to know.

SingViet
27-03-2012, 10:03 AM
For details on LTSVP+, please refer to : http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665

Hurricane88
27-03-2012, 10:13 AM
For details on LTSVP+, please refer to : http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665

exactly what was published in the news after PM spoke...:)

Flamer89
27-03-2012, 11:47 PM
hello all :)

recently got into a r/s with a vietbu . going strong for around 4 months already.
she is still currently studying university in hcmc but hometown frm mekong :o

got to know her while i was backpacking around vietnam. she yet to been to Singapore but i been visting her roughly about 3 times already. so any plans i should start making or should i look out for ?

kam xia to all the bros here :)

SingViet
28-03-2012, 10:08 AM

recently got into a r/s with a vietbu . going strong for around 4 months already.

got to know her while i was backpacking around vietnam. she yet to been to Singapore but i been visting her roughly about 3 times already. so any plans i should start making or should i look out for ?

kam xia to all the bros here :)

university student... hmmm.. not too bad. There are lots of discussions here about viet spouse and their family. You can take some time to read thru. I know its a bit tough, but the time spent reading will be worth the effort. Happy reading :D

SingViet
28-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Easy! just ask her straight and u will see her reaction straight! :D

different ppl have diff reaction lah bro. u have to ask her to know.

Yes, i agreee with Vietboy. Just ask her and see what's her reaction. But of course, saying it is one thing, doing it is another. Vietnamese are damm good at saying and damm bad at doing. :D

Hurricane88
28-03-2012, 10:16 AM

kam xia to all the bros here

you should decide if you want to go thru long distance relationship...remember it has to last the whole long course...you must be mentally and financially prepared to be committed...:)

If no commitment then just have fun...:)

DearestLove
28-03-2012, 11:37 AM

If sgreans cant give birth, we have to rely on foreigner. Yes! Means they are inviting!. I will send in my application after i visit my wife this trip to get all relevent documents done!

My wife's kampong mate got their 3 yrs svp recently! She told me ytd through the phone, :( and they are married for less than a year :(. Exceptions do happen ;).

KangTuo
28-03-2012, 11:51 AM
yesterday while driving, I hear my bx pressured a vb to pay up money for air ticket.. very hiong :eek:

This vb suppose to come back sillypore with my bx but because her regular guy (boyfriend?) wanted to to visit her in vn, she changed her air tix to later date. She promised that she will return my bx the money when the guy visit her as he will give her money. In fact, i heard that this guy visit her every month.

When the guy returned, my bx called this vb to ask for money. The vb replied is that the guy just give vnd $3 mil (less than S$200) and a iphone3. So not enough money to pay back. My bx scolded her and pressured her to sell the iphone3.

My bx comment to me:
1) this guy no money yet visit the vb monthly for what? Mind as well save the air tix money and give the vb.
2) this guy no give alot money (only give when visit the vb) yet do not allow the vb to work even in vn, people don need money to spend wan ha?

My thought was...
yah.. this vb got to count herself lucky that there is a guy to feed her some money. She is the ugliest amount the circle of vb.... and this guy got to go see eye specialist :p

shysaint
28-03-2012, 12:17 PM
My wife's kampong mate got their 3 yrs svp recently! She told me ytd through the phone, :( and they are married for less than a year :(. Exceptions do happen ;).

That's why I TOLD you ... no worry about the Negative things .. You dun apply you wont know what you will get !

IF your wife's mate can get 3 years ... hmmm .. SInce I married for coming 2 yrs and got Baby .. waa .. I think I can get 5 years ... :cool:

Flamer89
29-03-2012, 01:27 AM
you should decide if you want to go thru long distance relationship...remember it has to last the whole long course...you must be mentally and financially prepared to be committed...:)

If no commitment then just have fun...

yeah , i already put plans for my long distance relationship.
certain issues we have yet to iron out also
financially wise still okay, but i still considered not marriage age yet bah . early twenties :o

university student... hmmm.. not too bad. There are lots of discussions here about viet spouse and their family. You can take some time to read thru. I know its a bit tough, but the time spent reading will be worth the effort. Happy reading :D

okay. thanks bro . taking the effort to slowly read through ba :o

Golden question
29-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Yes, i agreee with Vietboy. Just ask her and see what's her reaction. But of course, saying it is one thing, doing it is another. Vietnamese are damm good at saying and damm bad at doing. :D

i have to agreed on this.everything ok but when proceeding,all the bull shit things start to come in

remind me of one of the incident when my wife build a 2 sided wall to cover her land and also some drainage .i went there and notice that my wife was serving them some coffee or drinks in the morning and afternoon,i ask her why have to serve them like that,she say if she dont serve them drinks,they will go and order and pay by her:eek: and they will do 'magic' on their job.i am not against her giving them drinks but their attitude towards their job really sucks

7.30am start work
11.15am disappear for lunch
1.30pm return to work
5pm order noodle to eat
5 30pm go home

in between got take 15 minute break

at first my wife told me they say need 8 days to complete,i ask her from what i see though i am not an engineer,i think it takes the most 5 days to complete and i ask her to check with them.they say they will try to complete.5 big man doing it some more.then 2 days before completing,ask for payment,my wife told him not to worry cos she wont run away.knn,not yet finish job,want to take money.my wife say no choice cos have to use him as the surrounding land belong one of the owner and he want to give all this job to someone he know,what else but to eat money lah,sell the red book to her and pocket 2k and still want to continue eat and laze around at home see tv:mad:

SingViet
29-03-2012, 09:32 AM
i have to agreed on this.everything ok but when proceeding,all the bull shit things start to come in

remind me of one of the incident when my wife build a 2 sided wall to cover her land and also some drainage .i went there and notice that my wife was serving them some coffee or drinks in the morning and afternoon,i ask her why have to serve them like that,she say if she dont serve them drinks,they will go and order and pay by her:eek: and they will do 'magic' on their job.i am not against her giving them drinks but their attitude towards their job really sucks

7.30am start work
1.30pm return to work
5pm order noodle to eat
5 30pm go home

at first my wife told me they say need 8 days to complete,i ask her from what i see though i am not an engineer,i think it takes the most 5 days to complete and i ask her to check with them.they say they will try to complete.5 big man doing it some more.then 2 days before completing,ask for payment,my wife told him not to worry cos she wont run away.knn,not yet finish job,want to take money.my wife say no choice cos have to use him as the surrounding land belong one of the owner and he want to give all this job to someone he know,what else but to eat money lah,sell the red book to her and pocket 2k and still want to continue eat and laze around at home see tv:mad:

hahha, tell me about that. its their working attitude there and it really makes you want to vomit blood. I remember i talked to a Singapore construction company manager in HCM, he told me , for the same type of work, VN needs double to triple the time to finish the project. For example, building a similiar building in Singapore may just need 3 years, but in VN, they will need 6 to 8 years to complete.

When i went back with my wife to her province, i observe how her BIL (construction supervisor) comes to work with his workers. Starts work at 9am, but takes 30 mins break for tea first. work until 1130am, go for lunch. Come back at 2pm, work till 330, tea break again. then 450pm, stop work. With this type of working attitude, how to get the work done? For my office, my staff comes in for work at 830am, off for lunch at 12 noon till 130pm. Then work until 5pm. considered very good roi. My first office in HCM many years ago, i remember they come to work at 9am, off for lunch at 1130am till 130pm, then off work at 5pm. Very good life. ;)

Seletar
29-03-2012, 02:22 PM
hahha, tell me about that. its their working attitude there and it really makes you want to vomit blood. I remember i talked to a Singapore construction company manager in HCM, he told me , for the same type of work, VN needs double to triple the time to finish the project. For example, building a similiar building in Singapore may just need 3 years, but in VN, they will need 6 to 8 years to complete.

When i went back with my wife to her province, i observe how her BIL (construction supervisor) comes to work with his workers. Starts work at 9am, but takes 30 mins break for tea first. work until 1130am, go for lunch. Come back at 2pm, work till 330, tea break again. then 450pm, stop work. With this type of working attitude, how to get the work done? For my office, my staff comes in for work at 830am, off for lunch at 12 noon till 130pm. Then work until 5pm. considered very good roi. My first office in HCM many years ago, i remember they come to work at 9am, off for lunch at 1130am till 130pm, then off work at 5pm. Very good life. ;)

I'm in construction, my Indian workers work very hard because I give them rewards. If they finish work on time, I'll write 2 more hrs O.T. In VN I guess there is no motivation and incentive, so what is the use of working hard ??:)

Hurricane88
29-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm in construction, my Indian workers work very hard because I give them rewards. If they finish work on time, I'll write 2 more hrs O.T. In VN I guess there is no motivation and incentive, so what is the use of working hard ??:)

well done...very good motivation...so what is your motivation with Vb?

Golden question
29-03-2012, 02:42 PM

is different bro,those indian come to our shore is to earn more to send back to feed their family or repay debts but for vietnamese,they are in their own country.they only care about short term gain and not long term gain.

reputation for them sometime is not through hard work or good job but through
connection to get business.for them,urgency or reputation will not be on their mind.

take for example,my wife went to a nearby shop to buy toliet bowl,basin and water tap to install.she choose the product and as she will not be there,she pass the money to her mum to pass to the contractor once the job is done.

few months later,she went back and saw 1 toliet bowl is the same type she choose but the other 2 was of lousy quality.she went back to the shop but the shop change hand already.the owner disappear

Seletar
29-03-2012, 02:46 PM
well done...very good motivation...so what is your motivation with Vb?

VBs hard to handle, I'm always in the loosing end. Now smart a bit liao, pay and go, don't leave any ' hand tail '. :)

Seletar
29-03-2012, 02:51 PM
is different bro,those indian come to our shore is to earn more to send back to feed their family or repay debts but for vietnamese,they are in their own country.they only care about short term gain and not long term gain.

reputation for them sometime is not through hard work or good job but through
connection to get business.for them,urgency or reputation will not be on their mind.

take for example,my wife went to a nearby shop to buy toliet bowl,basin and water tap to install.she choose the product and as she will not be there,she pass the money to her mum to pass to the contractor once the job is done.

few months later,she went back and saw 1 toliet bowl is the same type she choose but the other 2 was of lousy quality.she went back to the shop but the shop change hand already.the owner disappear

you are right. vn workers are local in their country. my ex ger's father also this type. Lazy to work, I ask her why your father dun work, she said the pay small.

Golden question
29-03-2012, 02:59 PM
you are right. vn workers are local in their country. my ex ger's father also this type. Lazy to work, I ask her why your father dun work, she said the pay small.

is true their pay is small so they rather dont work and sit on their motorbike to wait for customer.guess what,those workers who build the 2 sided wall use? a white string to see whether the wall is even from the ground or not,i dont know want to laugh or cry

they dont care about how good is the end result but just to get money and fuck off,not even finish and dare to get money,my wife say no

V|ernar
29-03-2012, 03:22 PM
My bx comment to me:
1) this guy no money yet visit the vb monthly for what? Mind as well save the air tix money and give the vb.
2) this guy no give alot money (only give when visit the vb) yet do not allow the vb to work even in vn, people don need money to spend wan ha?

KT gor gor ... your bx ... so powerful one ah ?

SingViet
31-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Met bro shysaint at the airport yesterday morning. Chatted for a while and we boarded the plane. After plane landed at HCM, I rushed to toilet and bro shysaint disappeared. Hihihi Bro, wanted to contact you via Facebook but cannot work leh. Should have gotten yr Vn number.

Golden question
31-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Court documents stated the three men had conspired with Seng Swee Meng and his Vietnamese wife Ngo Tien and obtained money ranging from S$100 to S$120.

This was said to be for the consideration of sexual services of the underage girls and they have thereby abetted the offences of the six men.

Seng faces multiple charges of harbouring 30 hostesses and prostitutes and also of running a brothel.

The Vietnamese girls were said to have worked at various pubs located in Joo Chiat and Geylang at the time of the offence.

Seng is expected to be sentenced on 11 April 2012.

His wife has skipped town and a warrant for her arrest has been issued.

Golden question
31-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Court documents stated the three men had conspired with Seng Swee Meng and his Vietnamese wife Ngo Tien and obtained money ranging from S$100 to S$120.

This was said to be for the consideration of sexual services of the underage girls and they have thereby abetted the offences of the six men.

Seng faces multiple charges of harbouring 30 hostesses and prostitutes and also of running a brothel.

The Vietnamese girls were said to have worked at various pubs located in Joo Chiat and Geylang at the time of the offence.

another bad press for vietnamese,haiz:(
i think they are getting 'popular' with the wrong reason

volcano
01-04-2012, 05:09 AM

7.30am start work
1.30pm return to work
5pm order noodle to eat
5 30pm go home

things like this are common especially at country side.i did a wall 2.5mx2.5m and with tiles mounted at country side...it took 3 days to finish...:mad:

but what annoys me most about Vietnamese style of working is that the bank close 1.5 hours for lunch...really damn frustrated when have urgent transaction.

best of service usually only found in posh restaurant n night spots due to good tippings...:o

SingViet
01-04-2012, 09:03 AM

They can find the Viet wife at the following place, (1) Her hometown, (2) HCMC (3) Cambodia - Phnom Penh. But the probability of location (3) is much higher.... :D

Golden question
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
They can find the Viet wife at the following place, (1) Her hometown, (2) HCMC (3) Cambodia - Phnom Penh. But the probability of location (3) is much higher.... :D

Malaysia,thailand,vietnam,cambodia and laos are join together with land border.there was a question before on why foreigner choose to escape to thailand after comitting crime in their own country,they say is easier to escape from those country local police as they can leave one and enter another one by land and harder to trace them.

so my guess for your third location is malaysia:D

Golden question
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
misunderstood what u say as you location 3 is cambodia so no need guess:D

SingViet
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
misunderstood what u say as you location 3 is cambodia so no need guess:D

Phnom Penh has a large community of Vietnamese, so Viets like to hide there when in trouble. :D

Golden question
02-04-2012, 08:38 PM
My wife's brother have a son who like me a lot,as he is look after by my wife's mother since young and staying with her until now,i have the chance to see him whenever we go back.i ask my wife before why he like me,she say she also dont know so i think maybe i am a foreigner thats why he like me.During one of the visit,his father ask me whether can his son call me FATHER:eek:.I was a bit uncomfortable and told him i feel uncomfortable so dont call me like that.

Few months later during a causual talk,my wife told me that his brother's hope to send his son to singapore to study and he ask me whether i can let him stay in our house.he will pay for all his expenses over here as his wife was rich if compare to normal vietnamese folk.I was against it as i told her that she dont have the time to help him take care of him when he is here staying with us.I told her sg ppl here work from morning to night and if his here,she have to bring him to school every morning and back,help him adapt to sg life,take care of him and bring him around.where got the time.And he dont know english,so will have a hard time here

She told me she can manage and i think she can but in the end,i say NO cos is not that i dont like him but i simply dont want him to be too close to us.I admit i am selfish and she also say that to me but i just dont want her relative to come into our sg life.For her mother,i have nothing to say and anyway she have never came to sg before and refuse to come cos she afraid to leave vietnam.maybe old ppl thinking

My wife always say all her friends mothers have at least come sg to visit their daughter before except her mom.she is rather sad but i just told her maybe old ppl like that.

vietboy
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
My wife's brother have a son who like me a lot,as he is look after by my wife's mother since young and staying with her until now,i have the chance to see him whenever we go back.i ask my wife before why he like me,she say she also dont know so i think maybe i am a foreigner thats why he like me.During one of the visit,his father ask me whether can his son call me FATHER:eek:.I was a bit uncomfortable and told him i feel uncomfortable so dont call me like that.

maybe he meant "God-Father" ?

Golden question
02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
maybe he meant "God-Father" ?

haha,maybe but think call me uncle better and sound safer:D

SingViet
03-04-2012, 08:30 AM

Few months later during a causual talk,my wife told me that his brother's hope to send his son to singapore to study and he ask me whether i can let him stay in our house.he will pay for all his expenses over here as his wife was rich if compare to normal vietnamese folk.I was against it as i told her that she dont have the time to help him take care of him when he is here staying with us.I told her sg ppl here work from morning to night and if his here,she have to bring him to school every morning and back,help him adapt to sg life,take care of him and bring him around.where got the time.And he dont know english,so will have a hard time here

She told me she can manage and i think she can but in the end,i say NO cos is not that i dont like him but i simply dont want him to be too close to us.I admit i am selfish and she also say that to me but i just dont want her relative to come into our sg life.For her mother,i have nothing to say and anyway she have never came to sg before and refuse to come cos she afraid to leave vietnam.maybe old ppl thinking

My wife always say all her friends mothers have at least come sg to visit their daughter before except her mom.she is rather sad but i just told her maybe old ppl like that.

I am very afriad of such things. I remember my business associates in VN, they can give my number to their friends who are coming to Singapore. I can receive calls from people i do not know and say they want to come my house stay a few nights. Siao!!! Lagi best, these business associates go karaoke meet those WL , then brag to these ladies that their `BROTHER and SISTER' is in Singapore, so if go Singapore, kanna stop by immigration, can call us to help them by sponsoring them. Siao!!! My wife and i will never do that.

My wife also told me that her mother and father wants to come singapore visit us, the brothers and sisters also want.... i go like... huh? fully paid tour group huh? My wife's sister came to singapore around 3 times because we needed her help as we change maid and there's a period of time we were without maid when we wait for new maid to arrive. But i pay my wife's sister 5 million VND a month to help us.Before go back, she still go buy this and that, comes up to another $250 dollars.

I am like you bro, i don't like her family to come disturb us. I know if they start coming, they will keep wanting to come. I had enough of that when i was staying in VN last time.

Golden question
03-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I am very afriad of such things. I remember my business associates in VN, they can give my number to their friends who are coming to Singapore. I can receive calls from people i do not know and say they want to come my house stay a few nights. Siao!!! Lagi best, these business associates go karaoke meet those WL , then brag to these ladies that their `BROTHER and SISTER' is in Singapore, so if go Singapore, kanna stop by immigration, can call us to help them by sponsoring them. Siao!!! My wife and i will never do that.

My wife also told me that her mother and father wants to come singapore visit us, the brothers and sisters also want.... i go like... huh? fully paid tour group huh? My wife's sister came to singapore around 3 times because we needed her help as we change maid and there's a period of time we were without maid when we wait for new maid to arrive. But i pay my wife's sister 5 million VND a month to help us.Before go back, she still go buy this and that, comes up to another $250 dollars.

I am like you bro, i don't like her family to come disturb us. I know if they start coming, they will keep wanting to come. I had enough of that when i was staying in VN last time.

so far i am lucky that her mom dont like to come singapore and is always my wife who like to ask them to come.i still remember the first time she ask me whether 1 of her best friend can stay in our house when she come here

i ask her why she want to come singapore.i start to give a lot of excuse like our house was small and no place or bed for her to sleep and we dont have time to bring her around.she became angry and say i dont have to spend any money as her friend will pay for everything here and she will bring her around and will not trouble me.she say just let her stay in our house and she dont mind sleeping on the floor.

so she came and i only fetch her from airport and only spend 1 day bringing them to sentosa.she use her own money and i only spend on the meals to invite her.to be hornest,that time i think she will take advantage of me like ask me to spend here and there but i was wrong.so after that as long as my wife told me that she will take care of them when they come here few days for holiday,i agreed but for long term like his brother's son to come here study and stay with us,is a straight NO

batty
03-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi Golden question. May be ask your wife's relatives to put that Vietnamese boy in a students' hostel in Singapore. Or put him up with a Singaporean family who rents out room(s) in their HDB flat near your house. The golden question here is who pays for him?

shysaint
03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Met bro shysaint at the airport yesterday morning. Chatted for a while and we boarded the plane. After plane landed at HCM, I rushed to toilet and bro shysaint disappeared. Hihihi Bro, wanted to contact you via Facebook but cannot work leh. Should have gotten yr Vn number.

heheheh ...

I have not turn on my mobile data coz no $$$ :p Normally when I reach there I have it turn on.

Golden question
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Golden question. May be ask your wife's relatives to put that Vietnamese boy in a students' hostel in Singapore. Or put him up with a Singaporean family who rents out room(s) in their HDB flat near your house. The golden question here is who pays for him?

The answer to your golden question is i dont want to care:cool:

Golden question
03-04-2012, 04:43 PM
heheheh ...

I have not turn on my mobile data coz no $$$ :p Normally when I reach there I have it turn on.

bro,how life over there?u never kana the typhoon:D

shysaint
03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
bro,how life over there?u never kana the typhoon:D

wa liao ... kena ... FLight kena cancelled :mad:

jklpoi
03-04-2012, 11:46 PM
is true their pay is small so they rather dont work and sit on their motorbike to wait for customer.guess what,those workers who build the 2 sided wall use? a white string to see whether the wall is even from the ground or not,i dont know want to laugh or cry

they dont care about how good is the end result but just to get money and fuck off,not even finish and dare to get money,my wife say no

Just to sidetrack a bit, using a white string to get level is a approved method of construction SOP...as long as your RTO is not on site...actually most of the RTO also approve of this method. But most companies in singapore is switching to the level ruler, but i guess Viet is still using the cheaper method.

Honey Boon
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
smart move bro .... rather be "bad" once and turn them down than be regret for long time ...

请神容易,送神难!:D

The answer to your golden question is i dont want to care:cool:

Seletar
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Just to sidetrack a bit, using a white string to get level is a approved method of construction SOP...as long as your RTO is not on site...actually most of the RTO also approve of this method. But most companies in singapore is switching to the level ruler, but i guess Viet is still using the cheaper method.

Viet standard is low, they don't have BCA, if they have one, I think the RTO also can't be bothered, not like sillypore, RTO has to renew their licence yearly.

SingViet
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Viet standard is low, they don't have BCA, if they have one, I think the RTO also can't be bothered, not like sillypore, RTO has to renew their licence yearly.

You see the way they install their aircon, with all the piping exposed, you know their standard roi. They also use bricks that are hollow to built houses, don't know safe or not. Roads wise, the section where the normal road join the bridge is always super high, causing vehicles having to slow down drastically to go on the bridge, unlike singaopore where its smooth driving onto the bridge.

Golden question
06-04-2012, 09:41 AM

oh really,good info from expert:)

Golden question
06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
smart move bro .... rather be "bad" once and turn them down than be regret for long time ...

请神容易,送神难!:D

same like borrow money leh,once give ppl borrow,confirm difficult or no chance to take back one

SingViet
06-04-2012, 10:32 AM
same like borrow money leh,once give ppl borrow,confirm difficult or no chance to take back one

hahha, this one is confirm , guarantee and chop. They say `borrow' from you the money is to sound good only. Think about it, they are either not working or is working with very low salary, barely enough to survive. How are they going to pay you back? My SIL asked my wife to lend her 50 million VND and i refused. She's not working, how is she going to pay me back? I will rather save the money for my children. ;)

Golden question
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
hahha, this one is confirm , guarantee and chop. They say `borrow' from you the money is to sound good only. Think about it, they are either not working or is working with very low salary, barely enough to survive. How are they going to pay you back? My SIL asked my wife to lend her 50 million VND and i refused. She's not working, how is she going to pay me back? I will rather save the money for my children. ;)

your in law side must be hate u a lot after seeing your house,car and business in singapore cos u dont even want to borrow them money haha:D

seriously i dont believe in ppl having no money but depends on how one use money.especially in sg,some ppl want to have this or have that,then every month expenses high,not enough money then go and borrow,shame on this ppl

SingViet
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
your in law side must be hate u a lot after seeing your house,car and business in singapore cos u dont even want to borrow them money haha:D

seriously i dont believe in ppl having no money but depends on how one use money.especially in sg,some ppl want to have this or have that,then every month expenses high,not enough money then go and borrow,shame on this ppl

They call me stingy, very stingy. But i call them greedy, very greedy. If this month i lend them 50 million VND, next month, they will want to borrow again. It will be a bottomless pit. I cannot lend them money just to make my wife happy. That's why i always tell my wife, we should save money for ourselves and children, what for give money to those `useless chaps'. I know my wife is not happy when i call her sisters and brothers `useless', but sometimes, she will tell me that she knows her siblings are very useless.

If you can only earn 2 million VND a month, then live a life within your means. Don't earn 2 million VND a month and want to spend 30 million VND. Not enough and always borrow from others. My staff in VN also same, he says his gf's mother need money to go for surgery, so want to borrow 5 million VND from me. I told him that its not possible, if no money, don't be hero. He says i can minus 1 million VND a month from his salary and i told him if i minus that amount, how is he going to survive? :confused:

Golden question
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
They call me stingy, very stingy. But i call them greedy, very greedy. If this month i lend them 50 million VND, next month, they will want to borrow again. It will be a bottomless pit. I cannot lend them money just to make my wife happy. That's why i always tell my wife, we should save money for ourselves and children, what for give money to those `useless chaps'. I know my wife is not happy when i call her sisters and brothers `useless', but sometimes, she will tell me that she knows her siblings are very useless.

If you can only earn 2 million VND a month, then live a life within your means. Don't earn 2 million VND a month and want to spend 30 million VND. Not enough and always borrow from others. My staff in VN also same, he says his gf's mother need money to go for surgery, so want to borrow 5 million VND from me. I told him that its not possible, if no money, don't be hero. He says i can minus 1 million VND a month from his salary and i told him if i minus that amount, how is he going to survive? :confused:

Like what u say,u cannot lend your money just to make your wife happy.I agreed with u.I am one of them.Still remember once when we just marry.My wife bring me to see some property and ask me to buy cos that time is when property start to boom.I told her i have no money to buy but she insist on bringing me to see.

I went to see 3 property bring by her friends and agent.At night we dine with one of her close friend and she ask me which property i interested.I told her i no money to buy then she became angry and ask me if i no money why go and see

I got damm piss off and rise my voice and say:I told u i no money already and u insist on bringing me to see,dont try and test me ok.Ppl around us start to look at us.
Then while riding back,i told her i am going back to her house to take my luggage to stay outside at a hotel.She was shock and refuse me from moving out.:D

elth
06-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Got money rather save then lend them... I dun mind they say me chum so :D

Seletar
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM

5 mill can lend or give lah, not 50 mill.

SingViet
07-04-2012, 08:44 AM
5 mill can lend or give lah, not 50 mill.

Its not the amount of money, but its about them getting used to such practise. If i lend 5 million VND to my staff this month, he will think that its easy to get loans from me anytime. So more request will come up very soon. I am in VN to make money, not to lend money.. hihihi.

Golden question
07-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Its not the amount of money, but its about them getting used to such practise. If i lend 5 million VND to my staff this month, he will think that its easy to get loans from me anytime. So more request will come up very soon. I am in VN to make money, not to lend money.. hihihi.

yah,got 1st time surely got 2nd,3rd,4th time.Never ending.I hate it.Even for SG ppl,i also dont like.Remember one of my ex colleague,a filipino PR.Husband is a engineer,drive a car,sleep in air con room room but borrow from me $200.It takes me half a year for me to chase back the money.Everytime say next week.

1 of my friend,i borrow him 1k willingly as he help me before.He say will return but i told him u take your time cos i know he was in debt with bank and was declare a bankrupt.He spend without thinking.Use future money belong to the bank with the plastic card.As he help me before,i dont intend to chase back,if have,i take,if no have i am ok.During this 5 years,he did not attempt to at least return me few dollars every month.

So the morale of the story is,those ppl who borrow from u will think is easy and will not make an attempt to return.So if u want your money back,wait long long liao loh:D

vietboy
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM

they only think of the "now" didnt think of the future. not even 1-2 weeks in the future!:eek:

Seletar
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
yah,got 1st time surely got 2nd,3rd,4th time.Never ending.I hate it.Even for SG ppl,i also dont like.Remember one of my ex colleague,a filipino PR.Husband is a engineer,drive a car,sleep in air con room room but borrow from me $200.It takes me half a year for me to chase back the money.Everytime say next week.

1 of my friend,i borrow him 1k willingly as he help me before.He say will return but i told him u take your time cos i know he was in debt with bank and was declare a bankrupt.He spend without thinking.Use future money belong to the bank with the plastic card.As he help me before,i dont intend to chase back,if have,i take,if no have i am ok.During this 5 years,he did not attempt to at least return me few dollars every month.

So the morale of the story is,those ppl who borrow from u will think is easy and will not make an attempt to return.So if u want your money back,wait long long liao loh:D
My ex ger also liked to borrow money, I asked her how u return me the money since your pay only 3 mill vnd per month, she said use body to return, I asked her jump into the Mekong river better, everytime talk to me only money, no true love. :eek:

KangTuo
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Its not the amount of money, but its about them getting used to such practise.

my bx lend money for 2 vb to buy airticket come sillypore work, everyday she need to call and ask them if they go work, sit how many customer, go hotel or not, etc. All becoz just want to make sure they earn money to pay back.

i ask my bx aren't she tired to chase back $ she lend, she say they are her sisters so need to help abit by lending.

KangTuo
07-04-2012, 07:51 PM
My ex ger also liked to borrow money, I asked her how u return me the money since your pay only 3 mill vnd per month, she said use body to return

many vb i met in jc/gl return the loan by offering their body :D

KangTuo
07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
they only think of the "now" didnt think of the future. not even 1-2 weeks in the future!:eek:

my bx think further than me :)

deli
08-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Long time no see, no hear from u....u Kenna ground zero liao.

deli
08-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Everything also bx liao hor....lol

SingViet
08-04-2012, 09:47 AM
my bx lend money for 2 vb to buy airticket come sillypore work, everyday she need to call and ask them if they go work, sit how many customer, go hotel or not, etc. All becoz just want to make sure they earn money to pay back.

i ask my bx aren't she tired to chase back $ she lend, she say they are her sisters so need to help abit by lending.

i think the money yr bx lend to the vb is not from her, its from you. :D

Seletar
08-04-2012, 12:45 PM
many vb i met in jc/gl return the loan by offering their body :D
You must keep one diary stating which vb owe you how much and how many times they repay you, if not you will forget , just like loan shark only that you can't splash the paint on them. :p

jackbl
08-04-2012, 01:19 PM

The commission of lending $$$ is very high that's why :D

jackbl
08-04-2012, 01:20 PM

Long time no see u too??? Earn $$$ till no time for chionging :confused: :eek:

KangTuo
08-04-2012, 06:35 PM

happen recently only... was still a little active from Jan - Mar :p

Everything also bx liao hor....lol

its always the case mah... ;)

KangTuo
08-04-2012, 06:37 PM
i think the money yr bx lend to the vb is not from her, its from you.

yah lor...
i also helping my nx earn her own pocket money ma :)

The commission of lending $$$ is very high that's why

how much commission is also all hers... :D

jackbl
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
how much commission is also all hers... :D

Her money is her money. Your money is her money. :D

KangTuo
09-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Her money is her money. Your money is her money. :D

my money is money belonging to all women in my life... ex-wife, bx, mum, number2, WL...

i got no money liao... you want to donate? :p;):D

Golden question
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM

They always have the same thinking,then when borrow already and when try to get back,have problem start to 'cow pei cow bui'.Then after get back the money,relationship spolit then friendship finish.

Borrow money to poor ppl,the chances of getting back on time is slim

Golden question
12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
The commission of lending $$$ is very high that's why :D

Unable to chase back the money also very high:D

Hurricane88
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM

haha...then ask their sinkie hubby or bf to give them more la...then they greedy loan more...this cycle will just continue...no end la...:)

V|ernar
12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
i did try to help someone in vn before and found it never ending story , borrow 3 mil , then 6 mil.. then 5 mil.. now asking for 10 mil or 50 mil .

so i just stop and told him nope , then came all his bullshit reason ...

they often told us their life is very kho , i told them i am more kho .

after work you can sit at cafe and drink kopi while i after work at home still need to do paperwork .

you feeding your whole family , i feeding my whole family plus my wife family and 10 extra woman outside .. so who is more kho ?

now you kho khan about about your life , i was there also but i manage to work it out .

now he just keep quiet and i just laugh it off thinking mine 14 mil has gone down mekong river .

KangTuo
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM

my bx got her way to chase back the money :)

jklpoi
14-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I wan check with u bros here. What is the procedure and terms and condition if a viet mum wants to bring her 2 kid in to study. How much it will cost? Age limit? Her 2 kids are both 12 and 9.

vietboy
14-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I wan check with u bros here. What is the procedure and terms and condition if a viet mum wants to bring her 2 kid in to study. How much it will cost? Age limit? Her 2 kids are both 12 and 9.

this question very familiar, seems like previously someone asked the same question before. maybe u can start by searching the forum.
otherwise u can check out ICA website, under Visitors->Student's Pass->Apply for Student's Pass

SingViet
15-04-2012, 10:29 AM

at the age of 12 and 9, most probably they are looking to study in Singapore government primary schools. But coming at such age will pose a big problem as their english language competency is not too good. So they may have to start 1 to 2 levels down. They can go to any education consultantcy in VN to source for assistance, but most of the time, these education consultancies will only process for higher education private schools as there's commission, government schools have not commission and the process of getting in is very tedious. To source for a government school to take in foreign students is not easy, after that, the students got to seat for english and maths competency tests. The normal agent fee paybale for such services to enter government schools is around US$3k to US$5k per student.

Hurricane88
15-04-2012, 10:35 AM
To source for a government school to take in foreign students is not easy, after that, the students got to seat for english and maths competency tests. The normal agent fee paybale for such services to enter government schools is around US$3k to US$5k per student.

let me contribute here..

actually it is easy to find any school willing to take foreign students...so long there is vacancy...the principal can decide to take in foreign student...but the student has to pass the school exam to see which level to admit...or fail to admit completely...btw, each school has their own exam...:)

SingViet
15-04-2012, 02:08 PM
let me contribute here..

actually it is easy to find any school willing to take foreign students...so long there is vacancy...the principal can decide to take in foreign student...but the student has to pass the school exam to see which level to admit...or fail to admit completely...btw, each school has their own exam...:)

yes, the word is `vacancy' but out of 50 schools you ask, only 1 has vacancy. ;)

Hurricane88
15-04-2012, 02:48 PM
yes, the word is `vacancy' but out of 50 schools you ask, only 1 has vacancy. ;)

those lesser name neighborhood school should have vacancy...:)

jklpoi
15-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Hmmm.

Ok, can they take some basic english class at some private schools here? those that can gov subsidy one? How much will that cost? and the duration how long?

Once they brush up on their english skill, it is up to their mum to source out primary school that has vacancy for her 2 kids. So as to save on agent fee? Is this the hard part?

The school fees should be the same as those normal fees we singaporean are paying or will it be higher?

Once School approve them to study in their school, is it a breeze to apply for student pass? And is it easy for their mum to become a Viet Pei Du Ma Ma? The mum no prior conviction in singapore, totally clean record.

Golden question
15-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Hmmm.

Ok, can they take some basic english class at some private schools here? those that can gov subsidy one? How much will that cost? and the duration how long?

Once they brush up on their english skill, it is up to their mum to source out primary school that has vacancy for her 2 kids. So as to save on agent fee? Is this the hard part?

The school fees should be the same as those normal fees we singaporean are paying or will it be higher?

Once School approve them to study in their school, is it a breeze to apply for student pass? And is it easy for their mum to become a Viet Pei Du Ma Ma? The mum no prior conviction in singapore, totally clean record.

Do u think she or her kids (foreigner) will get susidy if they study those english course conducted by those private school which govertment sudsidy?

If she dont know how to speak chinese or english,do u think she need an agent to source out for primary school?

Do u think for foreigner study here able to pay the same rate as singaporean?

My answer is no,yes,no.What u think?

Golden question
15-04-2012, 05:39 PM
my bx got her way to chase back the money :)

wow what way:confused:strip her naked and pose her in you tube:D

yydick
15-04-2012, 06:09 PM
wow what way:confused:strip her naked and pose her in you tube:D

:D:D
post in picture exchange plaza better , you tube will delete it....
can get point some more ......

jklpoi
15-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Do u think she or her kids (foreigner) will get susidy if they study those english course conducted by those private school which govertment sudsidy?

If she dont know how to speak chinese or english,do u think she need an agent to source out for primary school?

Do u think for foreigner study here able to pay the same rate as singaporean?

My answer is no,yes,no.What u think?

Ok, agree.

But this also means that the agent responsible for sourcing out a suitable primary school need not really be a agent, as long as its someone who can speak the local language and able to present himself well when talking to the principal.

CruXiFieD
15-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi friends in this thread. Been reading through thi thread all this while but not getting involved. And reading till recent topic about studying in sg.
First off my wife is a Vietnamese like many of the bros here. Was thinking to let her go for some course to learn basic English. Anyone knows any lobang? My wife is on a 1 yr ltvp. Thx in advance.

SingViet
15-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Hmmm.

Do you think there will be any subsidy for foreigners in Singapore? if government does that, half of vietnam, half of china, half of india and half of philippines will be here. I am not being bad, but if the parents are financially not very strong, they can forget about studying here. Although the school fees in government school is cheaper ($1140 for Primary School and $1860 for secondary school, per annum- that is S$95 or 1.572m VND per month for primary school) than private schools , other expenses like daily living, rental etc will be much higher than vietnam.

jklpoi
15-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Do you think there will be any subsidy for foreigners in Singapore? if government does that, half of vietnam, half of china, half of india and half of philippines will be here. I am not being bad, but if the parents are financially not very strong, they can forget about studying here. Although the school fees in government school is cheaper ($1140 for Primary School and $1860 for secondary school, per annum- that is S$95 or 1.572m VND per month for primary school) than private schools , other expenses like daily living, rental etc will be much higher than vietnam.

Thanks. So there is not much of a problem except cash flow problem. As long as school accept u, u are on sure way to getting a student pass. Applying for their mum to come over should not be a problem too?

What I wan to know is ica there, what are going to be the potential problem encountered.

Thanks thanks.

Hurricane88
15-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks. So there is not much of a problem except cash flow problem. As long as school accept u, u are on sure way to getting a student pass. Applying for their mum to come over should not be a problem too?

What I wan to know is ica there, what are going to be the potential problem encountered.

Thanks thanks.

why dun you asked ICA and let us know...no point keep asking us...dun think we had apply before...cannot spoon feed all times...:)

shysaint
16-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks thanks.

Things are not even underway, why scared ICA ?

First, you have to find out is there a scheme for "Pei Du Ma Ma" for Vietnam ?

If the scheme is not offered to them, whats the point of discussing here.

Second, if there is , Who is her sponsor ? You ?

Third, Prepare $$$ for non-subsidised School Fees , Medical Fee and etc ...

4th, Lodging ?

Lastly, no point keep asking here ... its best to seek advice from the correct source.

If you need my help, I can help her to connect to a school. But it's not a governement. This school accepts quite a number of foreigner.

Golden question
16-04-2012, 08:36 AM

yah u are right,seriously i see no point in those pei du mama bring their kids here to study.Look at those from china,they work illegally here and cause problem.Even average singaporean who earn household income of less than 2k every month found it tough with 2 kids and dont talk about foreigner like pei du ma ma who cannot earn an income here.

Golden question
16-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Things are not even underway, why scared ICA ?

First, you have to find out is there a scheme for "Pei Du Ma Ma" for Vietnam ?

If the scheme is not offered to them, whats the point of discussing here.

Second, if there is , Who is her sponsor ? You ?

Third, Prepare $$$ for non-subsidised School Fees , Medical Fee and etc ...

4th, Lodging ?

Lastly, no point keep asking here ... its best to seek advice from the correct source.

If you need my help, I can help her to connect to a school. But it's not a governement. This school accepts quite a number of foreigner.

welcome back bro,u still in vietnam?

Golden question
16-04-2012, 08:55 AM
This topic of education makes me want to start sharing on my wife's brother who want to send his son to sg to study which i post before.During my recent trip back,i have a chat with my wife and she say he hope his son can study up to university in vietnam.As i know normal wage for local uni there is around few hundred,i joke with her that is lesser than a cashier here.

She then say he hope his son can go sg and study and stay there and work.I told her straight away that dont think come sg study and graduate already can stay here and work.Is totally wrong.I explain to her that only those top graduate who come out from local uni or good private uni have higher chance of getting a job here but if he graduate from those not so well know one like private school,is difficult to get a job here.

I guess they always have the wrong thinking of just by sending their children here to study,they are able to stay here for long after graduate and get a job here.Same as those pei du ma ma who bring their kids here

shysaint
16-04-2012, 10:47 AM
welcome back bro,u still in vietnam?

Troi Oi .. Back long long ago ... :p

shysaint
16-04-2012, 10:58 AM
yah u are right,seriously i see no point in those pei du mama bring their kids here to study.Look at those from china,they work illegally here and cause problem.Even average singaporean who earn household income of less than 2k every month found it tough with 2 kids and dont talk about foreigner like pei du ma ma who cannot earn an income here.

Looking at the angle ,

I admire them ....

Willing to sacrifice to let their children to have the best education.

To them its opportunites ... possible gains ... Unless they are using this loophole to work illegally and make $$$ for themselves ..

Sometimes we talk like this becoz we have the luxury of doing so ... In Singapore, we as parents also want the best education for our child ... send them to best child care, best school, learn piano, tuitions and etc ...

The affordable ones can do so, but wat about the unfortunate ones.

If we say they got no point bringing them to study, then whats the point we here in sg spending $$$ to "cultivate" our child?

Ask ourselves, if we can afford ... we will send our child to overseas - US, UK, Australia, Scotland; for studies to get their degrees ????

So Are we not the same as them ???????

All in all, It's al the same, the only difference is the scenerio is presented in another way ... and also in terms of how much $$$ we have .

shysaint
16-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi friends in this thread. Been reading through thi thread all this while but not getting involved. And reading till recent topic about studying in sg.
First off my wife is a Vietnamese like many of the bros here. Was thinking to let her go for some course to learn basic English. Anyone knows any lobang? My wife is on a 1 yr ltvp. Thx in advance.

1st, welcome to the club.

2nd, maybe you can try google in internet ....

There are many options .. Expensive type and Affordable type.

Hurricane88
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Here the PDMM...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_mama

dun think this is so easy...gahmen may stop this soon...:)

CruXiFieD
16-04-2012, 12:33 PM
1st, welcome to the club.

2nd, maybe you can try google in internet ....

There are many options .. Expensive type and Affordable type.

Thx. Will try that. Jus wondering eligibility.

shysaint
16-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Thx. Will try that. Jus wondering eligibility.

Eligibility not much of a problem. Since ur wife already a LTVP holder, she do not need any special or good school ....

I guess is much of how much u wanna spent for her to learn.

I just rememebred, If u interested I c if I can get some info from my wife friend.

:)

CruXiFieD
16-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Eligibility not much of a problem. Since ur wife already a LTVP holder, she do not need any special or good school ....

I guess is much of how much u wanna spent for her to learn.

I just rememebred, If u interested I c if I can get some info from my wife friend.

Thx! That might really help! In the mean time I try searching online for more options.

SingViet
16-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Thx! That might really help! In the mean time I try searching online for more options.

I think some Community Clubs offer courses at a discounted price. You can check it out too.

Hurricane88
16-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I think some Community Clubs offer courses at a discounted price. You can check it out too.

can check online PA courses here...click http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=CMFCategoryCourseSelection&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1

shysaint
16-04-2012, 05:55 PM

u can try translingual language centre at city hall ..

bumblebee85
17-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi all bros,

This is my first time posting here.
Just married a Vietnamese whom I have known for 5 years a month ago.

I hope to make more friends with bro who marry Vietnamese too.

Just my advice here.

Vn gals are getting smarter day by day.
Never give them any money most of them will take your money n spoonfeed their bf in Vn.

Most of my friends kena before.

So see u Heng or suay only
However there are some good n bad Vn gals lah

Hurricane88
17-04-2012, 10:02 AM

Vn gals are getting smarter day by day.
Never give them any money most of them will take your money n spoonfeed their bf in Vn.

Most of my friends kena before.

congratulations on your recent marriage...care to share more of yourself and your wife...so that brothers here can get to know you...hope your wife is diff from what you had mentioned about your friends' viet wife...:)

vietboy
17-04-2012, 07:04 PM

share here the info can? Cam on nhieu lam!:)

vietboy
17-04-2012, 07:14 PM
u can try translingual language centre at city hall ..

nothing on the website leh...

i personally think that its better to find those CPE (Council for Private Education) approved private institutions. There have been much about private education institutions closing down half way and left students stranded halfway through the course and can't get their money back over the past few years. I think it safer to enrol in those CPE approved institutions, so if anything happened, can get CPE for help.

here is the link:
http://www.cpe.gov.sg/cos/o.x?c=/cpe/peis&uid=54&func=csesearch&ptid=373

player79
17-04-2012, 08:37 PM

i personally think that its better to find those CPE (Council for Private Education) approved private institutions. There have been much about private education institutions closing down half way and left students stranded halfway through the course and can't get their money back over the past few years. I think it safer to enrol in those CPE approved institutions, so if anything happened, can get CPE for help.

here is the link:

brothers anyone know where can learn tieng viet singapore by good english vietnamese teacher? Reasonable price thinking to learn

CruXiFieD
18-04-2012, 02:01 PM

here is the link:

Wa. Never really thought about that. Now that's gonna confuse things more. Looks like I need to really find out more.

shysaint
18-04-2012, 05:11 PM

here is the link:

This is only applicable if your gf is not married to u and u want her to be long term here with u, then u need a credible school so that u can obtain a student pass ...

But then ..

IF your wife alreay here on LTVP , u do not need a student pass, therefore all this are not necessary .. u just wanna ur wife to pass time and learn something ... so why pay additional $$$ to what is not needed.

vietboy
18-04-2012, 10:36 PM
This is only applicable if your gf is not married to u and u want her to be long term here with u, then u need a credible school so that u can obtain a student pass ...

yes, true. most of the Private Education Institutes will help u apply for Student Pass. also all these courses for foreign students usually cost a lot. but also no guarantee can get the student pass.

IF your wife alreay here on LTVP , u do not need a student pass, therefore all this are not necessary .. u just wanna ur wife to pass time and learn something ... so why pay additional $$$ to what is not needed.

i did a search and did called up some of the PEIs before when i trying to find one for my SIL. some PEIs only offer to students who dun need to apply for Student Pass. i.e. they don help apply for Student Pass as they offer short courses only.

i only worry for losing money if the PEIs like i mentioned previously, halfway through close down then my $$ will be down the drain when can't claim back and wasted time and effort for my wife..

vietboy
18-04-2012, 10:41 PM
brothers anyone know where can learn tieng viet singapore by good english vietnamese teacher? Reasonable price thinking to learn

try the link i provided if not u can go the Tieng Viet Lovers Club to ask for teachers there. :D

repsoi
19-04-2012, 01:14 AM
congratulations on your recent marriage...care to share more of yourself and your wife...so that brothers here can get to know you...hope your wife is diff from what you had mentioned about your friends' viet wife...:)

can check online PA courses here...click http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=CMFCategoryCourseSelection&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1

Thanks, this will be useful for my wife too

ansonsohna
19-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Is there as such thing as Immigration Officials going for a visit at your place - as per what you declare in your LTSVP in order to verify that you are really living there? If so, do they actually make an appointment or will they pay a surprise visit?

I have frankly not heard of such thing as them going to the house to visit and verify. What about my seasoned Viet Veterans?

shysaint
19-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Is there as such thing as Immigration Officials going for a visit at your place - as per what you declare in your LTSVP in order to verify that you are really living there? If so, do they actually make an appointment or will they pay a surprise visit?

I have frankly not heard of such thing as them going to the house to visit and verify. What about my seasoned Viet Veterans?

No unless they received a complains !

shysaint
19-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi all bros,

Yes agree ! But then when your small head Rules your big head ... BAd VN girls u also Take !

shysaint
19-04-2012, 08:39 AM
only worry for losing money if the PEIs like i mentioned previously, halfway through close down then my $$ will be down the drain when can't claim back and wasted time and effort for my wife..

SO far , the 2 school I recommmend to bro cruxified are still operating as per today since 3 yrs ago (definitely is longer as I only know my wife friends 3 yrs ago)

shysaint
19-04-2012, 08:41 AM
try the link i provided if not u can go the Tieng Viet Lovers Club to ask for teachers there. :D

THis won't help u in proper learning of TV especially in Pronunciation.

For me importantly is able to communicate in alking and thru smses.

batty
19-04-2012, 09:35 AM
The best way to learn Teing Viet is to practise it with Vietnamese people. Visit and befriend Vietnamese KTV girls in Joo Chiat more often. They are very willing teachers. They will teach you for free. Remember to bring a small device to note down what they say. Drinks, peanuts and towels are on your tab.

Hurricane88
19-04-2012, 10:27 AM

here latest news...click to read...http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_singapore/view/1196000/1/.html

Golden question
19-04-2012, 10:30 AM

For me importantly is able to communicate in alking and thru smses.

Most important is the determination to learn,thick skin and not shy to speak even though ppl laugh at you.Thats how my wife learn english:)

vietboy
19-04-2012, 08:17 PM

1st time hear this..

vietboy
19-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Most important is the determination to learn,thick skin and not shy to speak even though ppl laugh at you.Thats how my wife learn english:)

agreed! thats how i learn TV also!

CruXiFieD
20-04-2012, 06:53 PM

First time hear of this also. Will they even be bothered? There are so many in sg.

jackbl
20-04-2012, 08:00 PM

That thread no use huh??? Huhuhu :(

Greatking
20-04-2012, 09:58 PM
My current bb is a good giao tv ...:D

For those who plan to enrol their bx for english course here, i think PSB makes a good choice and very reasonable pricing too :D

SingViet
21-04-2012, 09:15 AM
My current bb is a good giao tv ...:D

For those who plan to enrol their bx for english course here, i think PSB makes a good choice and very reasonable pricing too :D

english courses are everywhere in Singapore. ;)

KangTuo
21-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi all bros,

congrats to you ;)
same same here.. :D 5y10m

shysaint
21-04-2012, 09:35 AM
That thread no use huh??? Huhuhu :(

That thread is good .... I learn many from there ....

What I meant is if u really want to speak well, you need proper lesson to learn proper pronunciation and the "symbol" and NOT but memorising this word is this way of pronunciation ...

Yes, common simple words we can pronounce correctly , what about one of chunk of passage ... can u say all correctly ?

I got really got free lesson from my wife's cousin, who really teach me from the start of abc ... and the pronunciation of the individual "Symbols" and what we call each "symbol", headache man !

Furthermore, u speak learning the lingo here .. but doesn't mean go to vietnam and talk, the people there can understand u ..

Same like the way we speak english, but doesn't mean u go Australia, US and UK, the people there can understand u.

Likewise Mandarine, doesn't mean u can speak , u go CHina and talk, they can understand you or u can understand them.

Therefore, its good for basic but not good enough for others.

jackbl
21-04-2012, 07:24 PM
congrats to you ;)
same same here.. :D 5y10m

Congrats to you too !!! :)