PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

shysaint
03-10-2011, 12:14 PM
the next morning you see a ghostly face lying beside you :eek:

Yeah .. ' Gui ' yeahhhhh :p

shysaint
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
haha..yup..mine too... they like to drink soup... :D

They like soup base thing ...

I headache when she wants supper ... got to go hunt for hot 'Soup' base supper :eek:

Soup is so important for them that now my mum learnt to cook Vietnamese Soup from her :p

NOw she goes back to VN , I got no Soup to drink :mad:

Seletar
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
My wife ask me to buy rice base on the picture of the rice bag.Sometime dragon,angel or bird :eek:haha.Each picture represent one rice brand:D

Sometime when she describe to me something using her own way,always make me laugh:D

Talking about rice, may I know in Sillypore where can find VN rice, usually we buy is from Thailand. VN rice taste better, but can't find in supermarket.

big99
03-10-2011, 02:12 PM
haha bro:D,girl without make up can be quite scary sometime including sg girl:D

certain 'pretty' girls are horrible when they wake up besides you on the next day without make up.'little bro' will not be able to perform its normal morning routine when saw that sight.:eek:

Honey Boon
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
for me, Thai fragrant rice is much nicer than vn rice.... just my personal preference :p

Talking about rice, may I know in Sillypore where can find VN rice, usually we buy is from Thailand. VN rice taste better, but can't find in supermarket.

VietnamLover
03-10-2011, 03:43 PM

There are 2 brands of Vietnam rice in NTUC FairPrice. 1 is FairPrice Jasmine fragrant rice which is covered in yellow-green bag. The other is Budget rice. These rice are from Mekong Delta in Vietnam. They have been on sale for 3 years already till now.

Hurricane88
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM

in fact alot of Vnese eat Thai rice...Thai rice are more fragrant and chewy than Vnese rice...cost more too...:p

so are you sure you are eating Vnese rice...:confused:

volcano
03-10-2011, 07:45 PM

oh shit....ur mum dotes ur wife more then u....:eek::D

Seletar
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
There are 2 brands of Vietnam rice in NTUC FairPrice. 1 is FairPrice Jasmine fragrant rice which is covered in yellow-green bag. The other is Budget rice. These rice are from Mekong Delta in Vietnam. They have been on sale for 3 years already till now.

I mountain toitoise lah, also can not find the VN fish sauce. My friend says go Golden Mile supermarket can find, but I found the Thai fish sauce, VN one can't find, :confused:

Golden question
03-10-2011, 10:58 PM
I mountain toitoise lah, also can not find the VN fish sauce. My friend says go Golden Mile supermarket can find, but I found the Thai fish sauce, VN one can't find, :confused:

Have leh,that thai supermarket on 2nd floor at golden mile complex have.There is a section at the center that sell all vietnam food.From instant noodle to their sauce,but is much more expensive.

Ntuc have sell vietnam rice.U dont see the name cos normally it wont say vietnam rice but written very small at the bottom that say product of vietnam.

Bro mention that 2 vietnam rice at ntuc is correct cos i saw before:)

shysaint
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
oh shit....ur mum dotes ur wife more then u....:eek::D

Yeah .. thats quite true leh :mad:

now everyday eat ta bao food instead of home cook food .. sighzzzzz ...

Golden question
03-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah .. thats quite true leh :mad:

now everyday eat ta bao food instead of home cook food .. sighzzzzz ...

i think u prefer your mum to dote at your wife than at u or worst dislike her:)

Golden question
03-10-2011, 11:37 PM
(THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A 60-year-old man in Singapore has been allowed by his wife to take young Vietnamese brides but only on the condition that she gets to watch their 'child-making process', reported China Press.

The condition had so far scared off three young Vietnamese women recommended by a bride agency to the couple. The daily quoted the agency's owner, Marco Lim, as saying that in the past several years, he had recommended women to the couple, the latest being a few months ago.

'The childless couple approached my agency and shortlisted the candidates. Each woman tried to live with them but the first two did not even make it past two weeks. 'They left and returned to Vietnam,' he said, adding that the third woman, a 25-year-old, stayed for three months.

Mr Lim said he only found out about the reason behind the failed relationships after he coaxed the women into telling him the truth.

Golden question
03-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Nowadays a lot of sick people that make use of the poor,dont understand why all this kind of ppl still exist,haiz:(

ilovedoggie
04-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Nowadays a lot of sick people that make use of the poor,dont understand why all this kind of ppl still exist,haiz:(

haha... they actually treat them as baby-making machine... poor thing to those VBs who sincerely want to look for a foreign husband

jf66312
04-10-2011, 08:52 AM
I headache when she wants supper ... got to go hunt for hot 'Soup' base supper :eek:

Soup is so important for them that now my mum learnt to cook Vietnamese Soup from her :p

haiz..at least your mum accepts your wife...

mine now still having probs...cant seem to make my parents accept my wife...
:confused:

69ASIMO69
04-10-2011, 09:27 AM

Bro, give them some more time. Your adorable bb will touch them eventually...

jf66312
04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Bro, give them some more time. Your adorable bb will touch them eventually...

hehe...wuah...finally u online .... :D

shysaint
04-10-2011, 10:15 AM
i think u prefer your mum to dote at your wife than at u or worst dislike her:)

Yeah ... thats true ... Very Important Factor ...

Although they cannot have a proper conversation, my wife will pay attention to what my mums talks to her ... her mandarine improve alot just by staying her 2 mths + , sometimes just curious how they can communicate .... the best part, they can cook together ... :D , they go market together sometimes .

My wife always buy 1 portion of food for my mum and nephew, never leave them out ... she wash clothes for my mum , mop the floor ...

she will buy what my mum likes to eat and my mum will buy what she likes to eat ....

Thats why my mum dotes on her ....

shysaint
04-10-2011, 10:16 AM

Try to do something together or go out together ... i believe 1 day your parent's heart will touched ...

69ASIMO69
04-10-2011, 10:38 AM
hehe...wuah...finally u online .... :D

I always online ma.... but u post I have to support ma.... hehe

jf66312
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Try to do something together or go out together ... i believe 1 day your parent's heart will touched ...

hai tried le...

but everytime my parents see us, only go straight for little OC lol....
somemore suggested to stay together but my mum dont want..

haiz.. :confused:

jf66312
04-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I always online ma.... but u post I have to support ma.... hehe

haha...okok...thanks thanks.... :D

KangTuo
04-10-2011, 02:07 PM

when the parents accept the vn girlfriend/wife and they talked too much also problem :(

jf66312
04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
when the parents accept the vn girlfriend/wife and they talked too much also problem :(

wuah...is it? mine just the hi and bye only...

dun talk much at all...

volcano
04-10-2011, 03:16 PM

it is actually big problem....both of them will be talking about my bad habits and discussing on ways to stop me from drinking....:mad:

xxxx4
04-10-2011, 07:43 PM
This XNN sounds like VB wear and makeup till very dep, once sit down with u, this cannot that cannot

Bro Jackby very creative thinking leh... :D :D :D

Must be good in KC any gals.

Golden question
04-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah ... thats true ... Very Important Factor ...

Although they cannot have a proper conversation, my wife will pay attention to what my mums talks to her ... her mandarine improve alot just by staying her 2 mths + , sometimes just curious how they can communicate .... the best part, they can cook together ... :D , they go market together sometimes .

My wife always buy 1 portion of food for my mum and nephew, never leave them out ... she wash clothes for my mum , mop the floor ...

she will buy what my mum likes to eat and my mum will buy what she likes to eat ....

Thats why my mum dotes on her ....

They are very strong in learning a foreign language in a very short time especially chinese which i found out.

Some time is the connection and action that break the communication barrier.Both party must really appreciate each other.If your mon treat your wife as her own daughter and your wife treat your mother as her own mother,everything will be smooth for them.Small little bit action of caring for each other is always good.

If either party just want to be superior than the other party,your life will be very tiring,one side is your mom and the other side is your wife.What i feel is vietnamese wife tend to take better care of elderly and more willing to stay together with them when compare to sg girl.

Happy for u bro:)

KangTuo
04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
What i feel is vietnamese wife tend to take better care of elderly and more willing to stay together with them when compare to sg girl.

it depends...

my bro vn wife is out going type and do not like to stay with my parents. she knows that staying long with them will have quarrel somedays.

my girlfriend is homely type more willing to stay with my parents but sometimes just cannot tahan they way my mum do things and she only complain to me at night.

Golden question
04-10-2011, 11:49 PM
it depends...

my bro vn wife is out going type and do not like to stay with my parents. she knows that staying long with them will have quarrel somedays.

my girlfriend is homely type more willing to stay with my parents but sometimes just cannot tahan they way my mum do things and she only complain to me at night.

ya loh,staying together is tough.I always be fair to both party and only i am the 'boss' and they must listen to me if got any disagreement:D

I always listen to both story first and sit down with them to explain to them on their different in term of thinking.

SingViet
05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
it depends...

MIL and DIL can never stay under one roof. My wife got along well with my mum for the first year when we stayed together in a terrace house. But after 1 year plus, friction starts and it became worse thru time. No matter how out going or how homely yr gal is, best is to stay apart from parents. It's not easy to be caught in the middle.

Golden question
05-10-2011, 10:19 AM
MIL and DIL can never stay under one roof. My wife got along well with my mum for the first year when we stayed together in a terrace house. But after 1 year plus, friction starts and it became worse thru time. No matter how out going or how homely yr gal is, best is to stay apart from parents. It's not easy to be caught in the middle.

sure happen one,so i always be fair to both party.My sister always ask my mom not to guan here,guan there when stay with us.I think there was once,they argue until very fierce.Both party is correct in their own thinking.

But we as husband and son must stay calm and must be fair in dealing with them cos i dont want them to think i side with one only.

But of course if that party is really wrong,must say lah.It happen to me before and after few days,back to normal again.continue to love love each other again.Peace restore hahaha:p:D

But my parents always dont get involve if we quarrel and that was good.But they still show concern by asking me whether is ok as my wife can be damm fierce and stubborn when quarrel with her :D

jf66312
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
sure happen one,so i always be fair to both party.My sister always ask my mom not to guan here,guan there when stay with us.I think there was once,they argue until very fierce.Both party is correct in their own thinking.

But we as husband and son must stay calm and must be fair in dealing with them cos i dont want them to think i side with one only.

But of course if that party is really wrong,must say lah.It happen to me before and after few days,back to normal again.continue to love love each other again.Peace restore hahaha:p:D

But my parents always dont get involve if we quarrel and that was good.But they still show concern by asking me whether is ok as my wife can be damm fierce and stubborn when quarrel with her :D

bro..guess most vn gals are fierce and stuborn when quarrel...mine too... :D

rudolf
05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Simple answer for all vn wife guy.. Lose is never in their dictionary towards their husband.. lolz... spell the story of confucious once upon a time slowly..they sometimes will relent..

Golden question
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM

My wife when quarrel with her mother is more worst.But normally she dont take it too hard and long.Maybe after 1 day,she ok already.

The only thing is she dont like 'cold war'.She told me either happy or no happy,must speak out.

Sometime she can be my hello kitty cat,cute and adorable :p but when fierce,can be another cat call tiger :eek::D

ilovedoggie
06-10-2011, 01:39 AM

when they are super pissed off with u they will tell u chia tay/ban be kg lam nua/kg tam nua etc... but after 1-2 days later they will come back: a dg lam gj/a dg o dau/ a khoe kg etc... :confused:

anyway anyone knows how to convince a VB to take morning after pills? :D

lugi
06-10-2011, 02:37 AM
when they are super pissed off with u they will tell u chia tay/ban be kg lam nua/kg tam nua etc... but after 1-2 days later they will come back: a dg lam gj/a dg o dau/ a khoe kg etc... :confused:

Mine auto go pharmacy and bought it herself... RAW is WAR...:D

jf66312
06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
My wife when quarrel with her mother is more worst.But normally she dont take it too hard and long.Maybe after 1 day,she ok already.

The only thing is she dont like 'cold war'.She told me either happy or no happy,must speak out.

Sometime she can be my hello kitty cat,cute and adorable :p but when fierce,can be another cat call tiger :eek::D

haha..yup mine too when quarrel with her mum...

but mine will keep quiet and keep everything inside...gotta dig hard into her to get it out of her chest lol...not like yours , open up and spk her mind...
mine tend to keep quiet and cold war then show face... :confused:

jf66312
06-10-2011, 09:29 AM

haha...normally i do not make vb angry only wife...hehe... :D

69ASIMO69
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
haha...normally i do not make vb angry only wife...hehe... :D

Hands UP agreed! U r too gentle to the gals at club.

jf66312
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Hands UP agreed! U r too gentle to the gals at club.

hehe...always pop up from nowhere...

how was last nite?
:D

Golden question
07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
wuah...is it? mine just the hi and bye only...

dun talk much at all...

hi and bye still ok,at least still got greeting.Maybe u just marry so need some time for your parents to accept her.If your wife is not so approachable type one and if also due to language barrier,it take more time.Hopefully your wife make the first move first so u have to be the 'bridge' between them.

Create opportunity for them to communicate:)

jf66312
07-10-2011, 09:22 AM
hi and bye still ok,at least still got greeting.Maybe u just marry so need some time for your parents to accept her.If your wife is not so approachable type one and if also due to language barrier,it take more time.Hopefully your wife make the first move first so u have to be the 'bridge' between them.

Create opportunity for them to communicate:)

yup...will do and am also trying...thanks for the advice... :D

rudolf
07-10-2011, 12:48 PM
One thing which I don understand is.. They would want to know what you are doing at all times regardless of anything.

Have friend vn bx still have does that even after 3 years..lolz..

Mine haiz, when she found out something fishy, she will really show face & start digging all sort of possibilites make you confess even there is no evidence on what she say.. haizzz

Btw to all bros whom have vn wife..issit all of your wife when you marry them, you marry their whole family too regardless of how well to be of your wife family???

volcano
07-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Btw to all bros whom have vn wife..issit all of your wife when you marry them, you marry their whole family too regardless of how well to be of your wife family???

if married then of cos its same family liao mah....:)

but my money is still my own money....:D

hey bro,have u manage to 'erase' the nickname that i gave u last time...kekeke...:p

rudolf
07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
if married then of cos its same family liao mah....:)

but my money is still my own money....:D

hey bro,have u manage to 'erase' the nickname that i gave u last time...kekeke...:p

i use correction fluid to erase off liao but she engrave this time round..dunno how to erase..lolz

In sing, I can fly around..think in hcmc...haiz kg noi liao.

Golden question
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
One thing which I don understand is.. They would want to know what you are doing at all times regardless of anything.

Have friend vn bx still have does that even after 3 years..lolz..

Mine haiz, when she found out something fishy, she will really show face & start digging all sort of possibilites make you confess even there is no evidence on what she say.. haizzz

It really depends,so far i am quite lucky,my in law never get from me money except for the 2k usd downry (ping jin) she request when i marry my wife.Other than that,she got ask my wife for living expenses but i choose to act blur and pretend i dont know.

My wife is working so i assume she will support and she did without asking monthly from me to send back.My income is for us and family.
So far her family did not ask from me any big ticket item except there was once when her washing machine and tv spolit,so i share with my wife to buy her a new one,i only willing to share money for a 22 inch one cos is for her room but i will give maybe a small sum like $200 plus when i go back with her to visit.Other than that i never give:D

Golden question
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
yup...will do and am also trying...thanks for the advice... :D

Maybe can start with food.Ask your wife to cook a bit of viet food for them to try.

I still remember when my wife first came sg,my dad was so happy and praise her that she is very good girl.She praise my wife cooking and ask my sisters who is marry to come back house and try.He even buy a gold necklace for her.

My dad eat eat eat until his high blood pressure shoot up:D as he on medication to control every day.My wife like to put too much salt which i told her to put lesser,not good for health.

But after marry and staying together,argument start to surface cos living and doing style is different.but is normal actually.so normally i am the middleman and act fair,well lucky is not a lot,both side close one eye and step back 1 step can already

volcano
08-10-2011, 03:26 AM
but i will give maybe a small sum like $200 plus when i go back with her to visit.Other than that i never give:D

we have the same scenario,my MIL has never ask anything extra from me,not even allowance...:D

i also give some money to my MIL when i visit her during Tet...but my wife only restrict me to give 1 million vnd....:)

when my MIL receive the money,she will in turn buy many good foods for me to eat....:D

SingViet
08-10-2011, 08:48 AM
we have the same scenario,my MIL has never ask anything extra from me,not even allowance...:D

i also give some money to my MIL when i visit her during Tet...but my wife only restrict me to give 1 million vnd....:)

when my MIL receive the money,she will in turn buy many good foods for me to eat....:D

Mine is different. My MIL used to ask me for money often, I always act poor. Only give a bit. After some years, she stopped asking, if I m happy , I will give her some pocket money. Then for these few years, it's my useless SIL who keep wanting to 'borrow' money from me, but I always refused to lend her any . I feel I ought to have tight control over my money or else I will be emptied. But I am not stingy to my wife, she always can buy shoes, clothes etc to make herself pretty.

jf66312
08-10-2011, 09:22 AM
It really depends,so far i am quite lucky,my in law never get from me money except for the 2k usd downry (ping jin) she request when i marry my wife.Other than that,she got ask my wife for living expenses but i choose to act blur and pretend i dont know.

My wife is working so i assume she will support and she did without asking monthly from me to send back.My income is for us and family.
So far her family did not ask from me any big ticket item except there was once when her washing machine and tv spolit,so i share with my wife to buy her a new one,i only willing to share money for a 22 inch one cos is for her room but i will give maybe a small sum like $200 plus when i go back with her to visit.Other than that i never give:D

bro..your wife working?got any job lobang? cost my wife has been bugging me she want to work...

part of the reason could be same as yours as i control the money to give her parents..she normally dun ask...so my guess is she want to work so can also support her parents still...

jf66312
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Maybe can start with food.Ask your wife to cook a bit of viet food for them to try.

I still remember when my wife first came sg,my dad was so happy and praise her that she is very good girl.She praise my wife cooking and ask my sisters who is marry to come back house and try.He even buy a gold necklace for her.

My dad eat eat eat until his high blood pressure shoot up:D as he on medication to control every day.My wife like to put too much salt which i told her to put lesser,not good for health.

But after marry and staying together,argument start to surface cos living and doing style is different.but is normal actually.so normally i am the middleman and act fair,well lucky is not a lot,both side close one eye and step back 1 step can already

now got little OC so cooking tough also..somemore we are not staying with my parents..haiz... :(

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Mine is different. My MIL used to ask me for money often, I always act poor. Only give a bit. After some years, she stopped asking, if I m happy , I will give her some pocket money. Then for these few years, it's my useless SIL who keep wanting to 'borrow' money from me, but I always refused to lend her any . I feel I ought to have tight control over my money or else I will be emptied. But I am not stingy to my wife, she always can buy shoes, clothes etc to make herself pretty.

And one thing is that they dont know how to use money.They dont have a concept of use finish then buy which i always practise

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:27 AM
bro..your wife working?got any job lobang? cost my wife has been bugging me she want to work...

part of the reason could be same as yours as i control the money to give her parents..she normally dun ask...so my guess is she want to work so can also support her parents still...

it depends on whether she can speak english or chinese or not and also what pass she is holding.

PR is anytime she can find but must at least know how to speak simple english or chinese

LTVP is she have to find a employer to sponsor her for a work permit but at least she must have certain skill

jf66312
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
it depends on whether she can speak english or chinese or not and also what pass she is holding.

PR is anytime she can find but must at least know how to speak simple english or chinese

LTVP is she have to find a employer to sponsor her for a work permit but at least she must have certain skill

my wife can only converse in english..mandarin can understand little only...
she is on long term pass of 1 year...

am applying her PR but waiting...

any suggestions?

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:34 AM
now got little OC so cooking tough also..somemore we are not staying with my parents..haiz... :(

sometime not staying with parents is also a blessing too cos less arguement or disagreement:)

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
my wife can only converse in english..mandarin can understand little only...
she is on long term pass of 1 year...

am applying her PR but waiting...

any suggestions?

she know any skill like mani,pedi or cut hair?

SingViet
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
And one thing is that they dont know how to use money.They dont have a concept of use finish then buy which i always practise

Not don't know how to use money la. When someone sponsor, use whatever you want. If they use their own money and no one else to turn to for money, you see if they know how to use. It's greed at work

jf66312
08-10-2011, 09:49 AM
she know any skill like mani,pedi or cut hair?

she does her own medi and pedi lol...

does it help? :D

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Not don't know how to use money la. When someone sponsor, use whatever you want. If they use their own money and no one else to turn to for money, you see if they know how to use. It's greed at work

like that gold mine can also dig finish haha:D

Golden question
08-10-2011, 09:55 AM
she does her own medi and pedi lol...

does it help? :D

her own is can do only for herself or can do for other people:D

she know how to file nail for customer or do nail art?

jf66312
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
her own is can do only for herself or can do for other people:D

she know how to file nail for customer or do nail art?

gotta check if she confident in doing for other ppl...

if so , u have lobang ah? :D

Hurricane88
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM

better let her work...too free think too much and cause problem...:p

Golden question
08-10-2011, 10:47 AM

i can ask my wife to help u look up for any,but no promise bro:D

volcano
08-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Then for these few years, it's my useless SIL who keep wanting to 'borrow' money from me, but I always refused to lend her any .

my SIL never has any design on my money.but she has a bad habit which i really DISLIKE...:mad:

whenever she come to HCMC and stay in my house,she will 'ransacked' my wife's wardrobe searching for new clothes.she will ask for permission if the cloths she fancy looks expensive,but if for clothes which are less then 300k vnd,she will just 'borrow' it and bring it back to the province.me and my wife has been arguing abt this issue for years,but my wife will always say that...

"last time i also borrow sis clothes to wear,so now let her borrow lor".

and i will always say that.....

"last time both of u stay together,sharing clothes is very common.but now,1 is in HCMC and 1 is in Vinh Long,so like that also called 'share' or 'borrow' ah"

but lucky,my wife is quite a 'cat person'.watever clothes or shoes that are expensive,she will safe guard it very well....:D

i still remember there's 1 time when my SIL is going out together with us for lunch bcos she overheard our conversation of going for Korean BBQ.we have no intention of bringing her along,but since she wants to tag along then we also chin chye n let her follow...but my SIL fast hand fast leg grab my wife's new Adidas jacket to wear and leave a old jacket for my wife to wear.i was damn furious and told my wife that i have a headache and doesn't want to go out for lunch anymore,end up eating mi goi at home for the 3 of us.:(

jf66312
08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
better let her work...too free think too much and cause problem...:p

yup..she been bugging me..
in the beginning tot have little oc will keep her busy...but now she say everyday do same thing at home and face little one also sianz...

haiz... :D

jf66312
08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
i can ask my wife to help u look up for any,but no promise bro:D

okok...thanks bro... :D

haojian
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
maybe i have lobang. can she speak chinese and willing to do sales job?

jf66312
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
maybe i have lobang. can she speak chinese and willing to do sales job?

sorry bro...she cant really spk chinese :(

SingViet
10-10-2011, 09:38 AM
sorry bro...she cant really spk chinese :(

The problem with most viet spouse is that they cannot speak either English or mandarin well. Furthermore, they are hindered by lack of education . This is the reason why the government requires Singaporean male who marries foreign spouse to be financially stable.

jf66312
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
The problem with most viet spouse is that they cannot speak either English or mandarin well. Furthermore, they are hindered by lack of education . This is the reason why the government requires Singaporean male who marries foreign spouse to be financially stable.

yup..mine can spk english better than mandarin... :(

siamloverboy
10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Bro haojian, I interested also. My wife also 1 year LTSVP holder. She can speak some mandarin. She work in HCM before selling food. Can she fit the requirement? Thanks.

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 12:32 AM
something to share with the bros here:

disclaimer: it's long and draggy, i know. xin loi. but i feel so excited to have had such an experience!

I made a last minute trip to viet nam bcuz my girl requested me to do so due to some reasons. At first i thought it would be just a normal trip to hcmc but ended up she told me, "NO! i told everyone that you are coming to my place!" I was like, "SHIT! im not ready yet..." But no choice... she kept begging me again and again and promise that it will be fun. I gave in finally.

Long story cut short, we traveled on a van 4 hours+ from HCMC to a city in AG and took a 30p cab to a nearby town. At a junction, her brothers were waiting for us on bikes. We alighted the taxi and i rode one of the bike myself with my girl behind leading the direction and set off deep into the lorong at the junction.

It was another 30p bike ride deep into the padi field, along dirt roads and canals before we reached her place... which is not a house to us sillyporean but a long legged SHACK! And worse there was a flood in AG a few days ago and i had to waddle in the water on a slightly elevated pathway leading to the door. the living room floor is still made of tiles but the middle compartment which is a bedroom and the last compartment which is a kitchen are made of wood. the wall and the roof is partly zinc plate and dried leaves. Everyone around her house which includes her uncles and aunties and grandmother and all the children all gathered around... looking at me this alien. but they are nice and friendly, kept smiling and talking to me even though i couldnt get what they say most of the time.

My girl helped to make some introduction to the elders and helped with some translation bcuz of my very very limited spoken TV. They mainly asked me about my age, my parents age, my viec lam etc. Then i was invited to the next door for dinner. We had dinner on the floor, making a circle comprises only of men, me and my girl. The women and children all stood/squat/sit on the floor outside the circle and watch us eat. They kept making me to drink but luckily my girl kept stopping them. And the food! they cook some weird snail, weird salted duck egg, crab and its kang etc. I can barely eat them all. the only thing i can eat is the bbq pork meat. My girl is nice enough to help me crack the crab shell by biting and let me eat. I tried the salted duck egg with rice a bit but it tastes and looks so weird to me that i cant finish it. Her father took the left over and finish it all.

During the dinner, some weird conversation topic happened. The men asked me if i love my girl. I said yes of course i do. Then some other men kept saying KISS KISS KISS! haha... but then i say OM and i om my girl. And then... the kicking one... one man said something i couldnt understand, pointed to the bedroom and made some gestures that look like bonking! :eek: Maybe i think too much but when i asked my girl she say she dunno :confused:

When dinner was over, one of the uncle asked me to go tam at the flooded compound in the flood water which is so muddy and dirty :eek: I told my girl i can't bathe in cold water and then they boiled some hot water and let me tam in a toilet outside the house. One shocking encounter, her mother use the flood water to wash her bowl and gargled her mouth:eek: The kids just peeped somewhere around the same spot! and the men are playing cards and gambling! And they kept asking me to play but i didn't dare because i seriously dunno what are they playing although it looks like big2 to me.

after the game, the men went to the kitchen by dragging me along, of course to drink again! i had to call out to my girl and asked her to come save me. back to the living room where there is a bed with wooden bed frame, my girl made the bed with some thick blanket as mattress because it's wooden and set up the mosquito net for us to sleep. her mother and her sister cousin(future VB supply to sg) set up theirs on the floor.

after some talking which is around 9.30pm? everyone was already turned in. I was the only restless soul who couldn't sleep not because of the time but the environment and the jitters in me. And it's quite warm inside the netted bed. my girl took a fan and put it inside but it turns out the fan keep blowing at my face and my leg that discomforted me from sleeping. My girl was too tired and sleepy after a long journey during the day so i didnt want to wake her up from her sleep even though she asked me to wake her up if i want to go anywhere like toilet etc. I sneaked out of the netted bed and tried to sleep on the floor with no mattress. the moment i felt so cooling and just nice to start falling asleep, mosquitoes ambushed me like they never tasted a sillyporean blood. In the end, no choice, i had to go back to the bed, turn off the fan, took off my top and slept.

in the middle of the night, two cats stormed into the living room (bcz there's no door) and cat-fought and made loud shrieking noise. I was startled and i sit up straight from bed. her mother saw it and she sniggered. must be thinking me this sillyporean nvr experience such thing before. My girl also woke up and told me, "aiya it's just cat la! ngu di!"

well...

-end of day 1-

SingViet
11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Haha. Welcome to rural Vietnam

SingViet
11-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Today's The Straits Times 'Vietnamese gang caught in second stealing spree ' , the infamous Vietnamese stealing gangs are hitting Singapore shores. These gangs have created havoc in Taiwan during the last decade till Taiwanese govt banned Vietnamese tourist below the age of 45 from entering Taiwan. First was vice related, now's stealing . The reputation is tarnished . Haiz

jf66312
11-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Today's The Straits Times 'Vietnamese gang caught in second stealing spree ' , the infamous Vietnamese stealing gangs are hitting Singapore shores. These gangs have created havoc in Taiwan during the last decade till Taiwanese govt banned Vietnamese tourist below the age of 45 from entering Taiwan. First was vice related, now's stealing . The reputation is tarnished . Haiz

haiz....too much influx of foreigners...
sooner or later govt will impose more rules and regulations liaoz...

sianz..

shysaint
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM

So sad .. getting bad to worse ...

recently heard of 1 case from my bike shop when i go for my bike servicing ...

there is a couple who went around with a bag of gold ... look for potential prey to sell of bag of gold for a certain $$ mentioned that you can pawn for alot of money ...

AWKT
11-10-2011, 10:11 AM
maybe i am those non romantic or pratical guy,i dont know.i know love is blind.If i know myself as a low income guy whereby i can only feed myself every month,i rather be lonely and single.why marry her and we 2 suffer.

Bread is very important and i dont want my wife to suffer and regrad especially if she come from a poor country.I dont know is consider responsible or not but i know i must answer to myself and her.

Same here bro. Once she left me n tried to disappear from me cos she said my life would be better off without her. She got stressed after seeing my friends' gf all have decent jobs. I once doubted bout being together as well but she told me tat she's not afraid of difficulg life as her childhood was difficult (they used to eat skin of treen even grass) lol. Just didnt want to see me suffer bcos of her.

Guess tat love is blind, we're getting married next yr. :o

batty
11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi ilovedoggie. Psychedelic! Which is more 'siong'- NS army camping and army food or staying and eating in her Vietnamese family house on stilts? Your VB peeled those crabs for you. Much like those PRC girls peel prawns for their Singaporean boyfriends. Hmm...

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi ilovedoggie. Psychedelic! Which is more 'siong'- NS army camping and army food or staying and eating in her Vietnamese family house on stilts? Your VB peeled those crabs for you. Much like those PRC girls peel prawns for their Singaporean boyfriends. Hmm...

it's the pressure and jitters in me to dine with them bcuz i cant be myself. VB or PRCB will do such things for u no matter what. it doesn't make a big fuss to them. they auto do it one. peel shell/take tissue/take drink/see u cough will pat your back/see u tired will msg your head/shoulder etc... it's nothing to them bcuz they r programmed to do this to their men.

lugi
11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
something to share with the bros here:

disclaimer: it's long and draggy, i know. xin loi. but i feel so excited to have had such an experience!

Thanks for sharing. Is it AG=An Giang? I had also just be invited by a VB to go there during Tet. I'm certainly camping here for the rest of your adventure. :D

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for sharing. Is it AG=An Giang? I had also just be invited by a VB to go there during Tet. I'm certainly camping here for the rest of your adventure. :D

yes it's an giang. too bad all the padi field is flooded so i couldnt enjoy the scenery. one unique sighting in the province is that they buried their dead in their courtyard. u can c grave stone in their compound or padi field. i felt a bit disgusted... imagine the corpse fertilize the padi field? :eek: and i had to eat the com :eek: maybe it's the practice of their hoa hao religion?

lugi
11-10-2011, 04:45 PM
yes it's an giang. too bad all the padi field is flooded so i couldnt enjoy the scenery. one unique sighting in the province is that they buried their dead in their courtyard. u can c grave stone in their compound or padi field. i felt a bit disgusted... imagine the corpse fertilize the padi field? :eek: and i had to eat the com :eek: maybe it's the practice of their hoa hao religion?

Wet Nam never fails to amaze me, and I find myself deeply enchanted with its culture and people. But one thing is that I am certianly not going to AG during Tet, or else I would have to dole out ang bao to god knows how many kids. I was even told that giving 20sgd per ang bao is chut chut..:confused::eek:

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Wet Nam never fails to amaze me, and I find myself deeply enchanted with its culture and people. But one thing is that I am certianly not going to AG during Tet, or else I would have to dole out ang bao to god knows how many kids. I was even told that giving 20sgd per ang bao is chut chut..:confused::eek:

SGD20 ang pow is alot...I had nvr give out so much to kids...discuss with your gf...she will help you...in fact they tell you dun need to give if not close...:p

If can avoid dun go during TET...most of the time...they gamble day and nite so boring...or drink day and nite...:p

lugi
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
SGD20 ang pow is alot...I had nvr give out so much to kids...discuss with your gf...she will help you...in fact they tell you dun need to give if not close...:p

If can avoid dun go during TET...most of the time...they gamble day and nite so boring...or drink day and nite...:p

Definitely siam during Tet, I keo kiet type. :D

She is trying to raise funds to build a new house for her parents. Anyway, she told me that unless the new house is ready before Tet, else I will not be able to stay in old house as it is too small. It doesn't really matter to me and I told her so. :p

But would really wish to see what the country side is all about. So for this moment, I am tuning in to bro I Luvdoggie's adventures.

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 06:47 PM
day 2

I was waken up by some crazy ppl blasting vn cheeky song from across the canal. I checked the time and it's 6.11am everyone has already waken up except me and my girl. i tried to wake my girl up but she keep saying she want to sleep somemore. after awhile her grandmother come and gesture to me to wake her up. after certain attempts she finally woke up with some mumbling and throwing of some tantrums. she say she's tired. VB just like to sleep.

Anyway, she went to the next door to get her hair washed by her SIL. she run a house saloon at her porch. I walked around the area accessible to me. some of her uncles etc were drinking da lanh at a shelter by the canal and ask me to come over. nothing much this time. i took some photos of her place and the kids and her grandmother. they seemed like they never take photo before in their life. the women and girls are all camera shy including my girl. some men also.

something embarrassing happened to me. i saw a thin wood trunk on the pathway leading to the door and i tried to walk on it to avoid getting my feet wet. and guess what... i slipped and fell into the water instead! some women and children saw it and they laughed. my girl asked the sister cousin to buy some plaster for me.

after a while the men gathered at the kitchen and drink again. i drank a bit. and they were eating some steamboat of small fish and fish balls. Something strange happened. the father suddenly took out his money and show it to me. the only thing i can understand is "mot tram nghin". my first instinct is they must be asking me for money. i just act blur. but somehow i think they are trying to show me their currency note. my girl wasn't around but her sister cousin saw it and told her. my girl told me they are really showing their currency note to me only. And She said to her sister cousin i act blur i dunno about vn currency note.

one qn: do some bros encounter things like this from vnmese? i met some VB they also like to tell u about what currency note they have like: 1000d, 5000d, 10000d, 20000d, 50000d, 100000d, 200000d etc.:confused:

some time later, we were at the living room talking and eating com tam. this time one of the uncle suddenly took out a 1000d note and said something sounded like "cho tip". i dunno if i hear it wrongly but his gesture is like he ask me to give her father some money. i ask my girl about it she say she dunno again... nb

I have a feeling they ask me for money. after the incident i kept interrogating my girl about it. she got a bit frustrated and said i always think of money and think ppl want my money. i think she knows it but pretend. Maybe she dun wan me to give and maybe she knows her family will milk me for some money and she try to protect me from it? for longer game?:confused:

i am slow but i am not dumb. even though my girl keep telling me the ppl there is simple and dont think much. she sounded like she's trying to promote her village to me.

before we left, my girl pass me some money and ask me to give it to her mother, grandmother and one of her uncle. she ask me to pretend that i am the one giving them. so... it's about money again... maybe it's their culture that we can't really accept. but the money she gave is only 500kd to her mother, 200kd to her grandmother and 200kd to her uncle(bcuz we ate at his house). i voluntarily gave another 200kd to her SIL.

something felt very weird to me. when i gave them the money they don't smile and seem to be reluctant to take it. only her grandmother and SIL smiled. the mother and the uncle kept pushing the money away. i asked my girl about it. she told me it's not like what i think. they don't smile doesnt mean they don't appreciate it. i also asked if the amount is not enough for them. she said, " NO!!! if u gv they will be happy but if dun gv they also nothing much" and followed by multiple calling me as KKDD:confused: maybe it's a sales answer to me again :mad:

anyway i don't dare to think of it anymore. We bid farewell and walked on the dirt road all the way to a junction where there's tar road and accessible by taxi. we sit at the coffee stall there drinking da lanh bcuz it's damn fxcking hot while waiting for the taxi. when the taxi came i give the shop owner my cigs and he also dun smile at all... no thank you no whatever sign of appreciation. just plain head nodding. i am like... come'on it's Malboro! and they can only afford to smoke their cheap and lousy local cigs like Kings. when i took out my cigs during the dinner last nite... all the men kope my Malboro until left 2 sticks. Maybe it's their culture...

F*ck it anyway! we left the place and set off to LX. Actually during the journey to her place and to LX, i appeared nervous and worried. My girl keep saying I KKDD. she said she know what i am thinking. She said i must be thinking she would rob me and leave me alone, cheat my money and runaway, kidnap and sell me off to cambodia etc. she kept holding me and assuring me... yeah thanks but she really scare me off more now.

we passed by a fish food factory and she told me that's where she works. yea long time ago she texted me her work is something to do with fish.

once we reach LX i requested to go to DX hotel and use the toilet bcuz i needed to release my shit/fark that i've been holding for 2 days... Ok cut the crap... we set off to a restaurant called Hai Lua at LX riverbank. during the journey, my girl again said, "relax lah!!! i am not goin to bring you to sell la!!! KKDD..."

The restaurant is quite nice. the food is good to me. maybe i'm hungry bcuz i couldn't eat/sleep/shit well for the past 2 days. it was a relief to me. My girl kept ordering and ordering. then she joked to me again, "you die liao this time... it's very expensive!" in the end the bill is only 295K. we ordered lots of food: sea crab, oc, frog leg, seafood soup, seafood fried with some vege etc. again she laughed at me KKDD. maybe im too predictable to her maybe i really have no game to her...

Finally, we went to a ticket selling shop and bought ticket to set off for HCMC. while waiting, we had some treatment at a hair saloon nearby. my girl had hair cut and wash, manicure and pedicure while i had hair wash, ears digging, facial etc. it cost us only about 220k. cheap.

Anyway i was relieved because we finally boarded the van and set off to HCMC. during the journey, lots of talking and understanding happens betwn us. i am glad as this is one of the thing i have looking forward to this trip besides meeting her family.

Once i reach pham ngu lao aka my usual place in HCMC i am like HOORAAYYY!!!

-the end-

thank you for reading my long and boring post. many xin loi if i did so. but if you find it interesting i will be glad! *bow*

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Definitely siam during Tet, I keo kiet type. :D

She is trying to raise funds to build a new house for her parents. Anyway, she told me that unless the new house is ready before Tet, else I will not be able to stay in old house as it is too small. It doesn't really matter to me and I told her so. :p

But would really wish to see what the country side is all about. So for this moment, I am tuning in to bro I Luvdoggie's adventures.

thank you for reading. i merely spent only 1 night there. haven't really got the chance to explore more. at first the uncle wanted to bring me to catch crab in the flood in the morning. but he ended up drinking in the morning.:eek:

i actually met my vnmese friend in hcmc before the day setting off to my girl's village. he also told me vnmese are actually nice and friendly ppl. you can give them some money bcause they are really very poor esp in the country side BUT don't give too much. he's living in hcmc earning sillypore payroll and i think he cheong and club like a king, lots of VB (non-WL, middle and upper class, di lam properly as bankers/OL etc) on his FB. he ask me to come alone next time and he will intro some to me :D but he say earning 3k in hcmc is not king. earning 10k in hcmc is king. haha...

lugi
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
day 2

thank you for reading my long and boring post. many xin loi if i did so. but if you find it interesting i will be glad! *bow*

Thank you once again for your unselfish sharing.

Some parts like your VB says she knows what you are thinking reasonates. My Vb also says she always knows what I am thinking, when in fact, most of the time she is wrong. :p

My main takeaway from this is that should I visit her folks, I will prepare some presents from Singapore so that I may not need to go into the awkward part of having to give money to her folks. Maybe senior bros could shed light on this practice.

Enjoyed reading and upz you with my humble 10 pts. :D

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 07:18 PM
My main takeaway from this is that should I visit her folks, I will prepare some presents from Singapore so that I may not need to go into the awkward part of having to give money to her folks. Maybe senior bros could shed light on this practice.

What is the point of visiting? If you want to marry her then sure has to visit...otherwise no need...:p

Visit just to see the the Viet culture will also be fun...:p

Just my 2 cents worth...:)

lugi
11-10-2011, 07:24 PM
What is the point of visiting? If you want to marry her then sure has to visit...otherwise no need...:p

Visit just to see the the Viet culture will also be fun...:p

Just my 2 cents worth...:)

For me, it is just to experience the Viet culture. Maybe can even unearth some nice SYT there. :p

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 07:26 PM
For me, it is just to experience the Viet culture. Maybe can even unearth some nice SYT there. :p

you speak tieng viet...:confused:

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Some parts like your VB says she knows what you are thinking reasonates. My Vb also says she always knows what I am thinking, when in fact, most of the time she is wrong.

Enjoyed reading and upz you with my humble 10 pts.

thanks bro lugi your 10pts :) will return the favor. look forward to your adventure too.

bro i bought liquor from DFS for them. i think whether you buy gift or not they still looking at your $$$

actually she wasn't correct all the time also. sometimes i just act one bcuz i realize she can read body language quite well. so act and tell story is my defense.

maybe in the end of the day my girl will tell me let's just be friends who knows. having connected with ppl like them is like a poker game. you win liao ppl say u r gioi! you lose liao ppl say u r stupid...

but anyway visit her folks and her family/relatives and villagers may be a plus point to you but no gurantee! *hurricane is right unless you wan to marry her if not visit for what* or maybe u wan to experience the countryside of vn so much then i will say you can try but be careful of your safety. bcuz when something happens i am quite sure you can't get help or rescue soon. Maybe u should go with a friend instead.

actually i think my presence there only encourage more parents to supply their daughters to sillypore hehehe:D pls up me points for this bcuz i saw a lot of sweet and young village girls around. long hair and cycling or biking.... hahaha jk...:)

btw, i might drop by some time later during her sin nhat. last nite i say can go. then she started telling all the crap again like, " oohh! now u not scare i will sell you already ah? i will drug your drink make u sleep and sell u off so that i can get a lot of money instantly *giggles*"

anyone got good answer to this? :confused:

lugi
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
you speak tieng viet...:confused:

Unfortunately I don't. But not too late to start. :o

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately I don't. But not too late to start. :o

if dun speak tieng viet...then how to unearth syt....:confused:

lugi
11-10-2011, 07:42 PM
if dun speak tieng viet...then how to unearth syt....:confused:

I eat humble pie. Just see see look look at SYT then. :)

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I eat humble pie. Just see see look look at SYT then. :)

hope you dun mind that I was very direct...anyway can start learning tieng viet...:p

lugi
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
hope you dun mind that I was very direct...anyway can start learning tieng viet...:p

No problem. Visiting the Tieng Viet Lovers Thread has become a daily ritual. Having a long haired dictionary also helps. :D

SingViet
11-10-2011, 08:26 PM

hello my friend, if you do not know, bro lugi has been in VN before you leh. ;) Lugi, u in VN since mid 2004? or before that?

Hurricane88
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
hello my friend, if you do not know, bro lugi has been in VN before you leh. ;) Lugi, u in VN since mid 2004? or before that?

oic...thanks for informing me...looks like he is trying hard to be a newbie...:p

lugi
11-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Bro, your powers of memory is astonishing. Was in late 2004 lah :p

lugi
11-10-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks bro lugi your 10pts :) will return the favor. look forward to your adventure too.

bro i bought liquor from DFS for them. i think whether you buy gift or not they still looking at your $$$

then she started telling all the crap again like, " oohh! now u not scare i will sell you already ah? i will drug your drink make u sleep and sell u off so that i can get a lot of money instantly *giggles*"

anyone got good answer to this? :confused:

The vb also told me to buy a bottle of red wine for her pa pa is enough. Now I start to doubt it.

Why do they always say such things as sell us off? PRC and VB same same leh. Seems like going back in time when ma ma threatens to sell me off when I refuses to comply to her wishes. :confused::p

Thanks to Hurricane and your advice. Will explore the countryside in a safe way.

Will definitely share here when it is done.

ilovedoggie
11-10-2011, 11:10 PM
The vb also told me to buy a bottle of red wine for her pa pa is enough. Now I start to doubt it.

Why do they always say such things as sell us off? PRC and VB same same leh. Seems like going back in time when ma ma threatens to sell me off when I refuses to comply to her wishes.

Thanks to Hurricane and your advice. Will explore the countryside in a safe way.

Will definitely share here when it is done.

maybe that's their culture. my fren told me their culture is they won't tell you what they want but you must know what they want. but actually just give some money like 200-500kd to her parents each is enough la.

about selling us off thing. maybe it's meant to be a joke. BUT i dont think we can take it for granted. they might tell it in a joking way so that we will let our guard down. we still have to be careful.

just my 2 cent. and u stayed in vn for so many years roi u shd know it much better than me:D

chuc anh may man! peace out hombre!

lugi
11-10-2011, 11:19 PM
just my 2 cent. and u stayed in vn for so many years roi u shd know it much better than me:D

I only stayed in Vn for a year. Was surrounded by English speaking Vnese then, so there was no urgency to learn Tieng Viet.

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I only stayed in Vn for a year. Was surrounded by English speaking Vnese then, so there was no urgency to learn Tieng Viet.

actually in hcmc the girl who washed my hair asked for my number in front of my girl :eek:

lugi
12-10-2011, 12:16 AM
actually in hcmc the girl who washed my hair asked for my number in front of my girl :eek:

Wah, so good ah... I also leh.. but ask me for tips...:mad::D

How I wish I was based in Wet Nam again.. :(

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Wah, so good ah... I also leh.. but ask me for tips...

How I wish I was based in Wet Nam again..

i give her tips 100kd nia haha and she look disappointed. i texted her today and we chat on yahoo now... she seem to be super enthu :confused:

me: e dg o dau
her: o gan ben canh a. hieu kg?
me: :eek: hieu. trong tim cua a ah?
her: e muon trong tim cua a nhung a da co nguoi ag trong tim cua a
me: :eek: xin loi dau e ma...

seriously i didnt do anything to her. merely talking in TA and she look at my traveling photo in US, Japan, HK and Macau, Egypt, France, Spain, Italy etc in my iphone album. she said, " I WANT ALSO!"

this is stunning... awesome wetnamese KC culture... :eek:

lugi
12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
me: e dg o dau
her: o gan ben canh a. hieu kg?
me: :eek: hieu. trong tim cua a ah?
her: e muon trong tim cua a nhung a da co nguoi ag trong tim cua a
me: :eek: xin loi dau e ma...

seriously i didnt do anything to her. merely talking in TA and she look at my traveling photo in US, Japan, HK and Macau, Egypt, France, Spain, Italy etc in my iphone album. she said, " I WANT ALSO!"

this is stunning... awesome wetnamese KC culture... :eek:

Super flirtatious. Don't u love to be KC-ed sometimes? :D

I am now desperately loading my photos into my iPhone as well... haha

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Super flirtatious. Don't u love to be KC-ed sometimes? :D

I am now desperately loading my photos into my iPhone as well... haha

yeap! but i only love it when it comes to play with my small head... but if kc comes to play with my heart i don't want... :mad:

please upload it asap and showcase it to VBs... they merely got chance to go out of the country except go di lam hahahha...

volcano
12-10-2011, 04:15 AM
even though my girl keep telling me the ppl there is simple and dont think much. she sounded like she's trying to promote her village to me.

i give the shop owner my cigs and he also dun smile at all... no thank you no whatever sign of appreciation. just plain head nodding. i am like... come'on it's Malboro! and they can only afford to smoke their cheap and lousy local cigs like Kings.

majority of those villagers are really very simple minded,very down to earth and contented with what they have....but if u meet those 'cunning wolves' then u better pretend to be 'blind and deaf'.....:)

i am not sure abt An Giang,but majority of the smokers at village smoke either Jet or Hero...or if u really wants to give them a better treat,then u might consider to buy a ctn of 555 at the DFS then give them as a gift...and do remember to tell them that the 555 is from SINGAPORE......trust me,all her relatives that smoke will love u deep deep....:D

volcano
12-10-2011, 04:55 AM
I was even told that giving 20sgd per ang bao is chut chut..:confused

how much shld the amt of ang pow be actually depends on oneself.everybody has a different view.just to share mine with u...

50k - all those relatives that are close and below the age of 18

200k - really close relative that is above 18 years old.

1)the nephew of my wife,parents divorced since he was only 6 years old,and bcos both parents re-marry,so he actually stay with my wife's family until he went to work 2 years ago.

2)wife of my younger BIL

500k - my younger BIL

1 million - MIL

next year i need to prepare a BIG ang pow for my 'little darling'...newborn son of my BIL which will also address me as 'pa'.still dunno give wat,most likely will be something memorable instead of cash.

small reminder.....

sometimes,'money minded' distant relatives which never met for years will suddenly appear out of nowhere when they 'receive wind' that there is a new 'foreign money god'....then its best time for u to be a 'blind and deaf' person liaoz....u know wat i mean....:rolleyes::)

btw,its always gd to experience the life of staying at a village,after that then we will really appreciate and not take for granted of wat we have in modern city life.hope u will have a memorable trip.:)

jf66312
12-10-2011, 08:54 AM
how much shld the amt of ang pow be actually depends on oneself.everybody has a different view.just to share mine with u...

1)the nephew of my wife,parents divorced since he was only 6 years old,and bcos both parents re-marry,so he actually stay with my wife's family until he went to work 2 years ago.

2)wife of my younger BIL

500k - my younger BIL

1 million - MIL

next year i need to prepare a BIG ang pow for my 'little darling'...newborn son of my BIL which will also address me as 'pa'.still dunno give wat,most likely will be something memorable instead of cash.

small reminder.....

sometimes,'money minded' distant relatives which never met for years will suddenly appear out of nowhere when they 'receive wind' that there is a new 'foreign money god'....then its best time for u to be a 'blind and deaf' person liaoz....u know wat i mean....:rolleyes::)

btw,its always gd to experience the life of staying at a village,after that then we will really appreciate and not take for granted of wat we have in modern city life.hope u will have a memorable trip.:)

thanks for the info...am havingheadache as to how much ang pow to give to my bxa's family...

next year's new year is in Jan so have abt 3 mths time to prepare...

SingViet
12-10-2011, 09:57 AM
majority of those villagers are really very simple minded,very down to earth and contented with what they have....but if u meet those 'cunning wolves' then u better pretend to be 'blind and deaf'.....:)

i am not sure abt An Giang,but majority of the smokers at village smoke either Jet or Hero...or if u really wants to give them a better treat,then u might consider to buy a ctn of 555 at the DFS then give them as a gift...and do remember to tell them that the 555 is from SINGAPORE......trust me,all her relatives that smoke will love u deep deep....:D

Yes, there's 555 that's made in Vietnam, Made in Thailand or from the UK. So if you tell them you bought the 555 from Singapore, they will deem that its of higher class.

SingViet
12-10-2011, 09:59 AM

i like the feeling of watching the padi field in the afternoon, with the afternoon breeze ... wow... so relaxing, no stress.. but RING RING.... knn, phone ring, got to attend to business again. :D

SingViet
12-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Its really going to be quite a shocking experience for Singaporeans when they first go to the village to meet the `relatives' of their potential spouse. I remember when i first went with my wife to her village in Ben Tre in 2003, i kanna big big shock. She introduced me to almost all of her village. It seems that almost everyone living there is her relative. From her father's side to her mother's side, can kill leh. Everyone i must give some money, minimum 50k for kids. During that time, still using the old notes, like toilet paper. My wife asked me to changed like 6 to 7 million VND (if i didn't remember wrongly) and exchange rate was like S$1 = 7000VND then. Meet this and that, everyone must give VND. I was like... knn... i am santa clause huh? Go back 1 day, finish all VND. I still have to take out my S$ to change for VND at the market. Ever since that trip, i dread going back to her village. :D

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 10:33 AM

consider to buy a ctn of 555 at the DFS then give them as a gift...and do remember to tell them that the 555 is from SINGAPORE......trust me,all her relatives that smoke will love u deep deep....:D

how to spot those cunning wolves? actually maybe i was really thinking too much...

thanks for your tips abt the cig

Yes, there's 555 that's made in Vietnam, Made in Thailand or from the UK. So if you tell them you bought the 555 from Singapore, they will deem that its of higher class.

thanks for the info abt 555 cig. will do that if i hv next trip.

Its really going to be quite a shocking experience for Singaporeans when they first go to the village to meet the `relatives' of their potential spouse.

Ever since that trip, i dread going back to her village. :D

i couldn't agree more. it's a shocking experience not just because of the environment, living condition but also the culture. my next trip wd be her sin nhat in a few months time.

lugi
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Its really going to be quite a shocking experience for Singaporeans when they first go to the village to meet the `relatives' of their potential spouse. I remember when i first went with my wife to her village in Ben Tre in 2003, i kanna big big shock. She introduced me to almost all of her village. It seems that almost everyone living there is her relative. From her father's side to her mother's side, can kill leh. Everyone i must give some money, minimum 50k for kids. During that time, still using the old notes, like toilet paper. My wife asked me to changed like 6 to 7 million VND (if i didn't remember wrongly) and exchange rate was like S$1 = 7000VND then. Meet this and that, everyone must give VND. I was like... knn... i am santa clause huh? Go back 1 day, finish all VND. I still have to take out my S$ to change for VND at the market. Ever since that trip, i dread going back to her village. :D

It's not even Tet and has to dole out money. Makes me think twice about going roi. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I have to do some pre-departure psycho on the vb or just bring as little money along as possible. :p

lugi
12-10-2011, 11:28 AM

2)wife of my younger BIL

500k - my younger BIL

1 million - MIL

small reminder.....

This is indeed useful and a good guide. May come in useful one day.

Thanks for sharing.

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 11:45 AM
It's not even Tet and has to dole out money. Makes me think twice about going roi.

Perhaps I have to do some pre-departure psycho on the vb or just bring as little money along as possible.

u will never know until you have been there. i am not sure about your vb. i did ask my vb if need to give some money before departure. she say NO LAH!!! in the end she gave me money and ask me to pretend i am the one giving to them. but this is still unhealthy, in our perspective.:mad:

how well do you know and trust your vb anyway? sry if i am too straight forward

avoid tet at all cost... those men will definitely make u drink and drink bcuz their liquor cost less than $1 so they can drink like tomorrow nvr comes. and they will play cards and gamble and gamble all day long doing nothing good. the women will do their daily chores.

lugi
12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
u will never know until you have been there. i am not sure about your vb. i did ask my vb if need to give some money before departure. she say NO LAH!!! in the end she gave me money and ask me to pretend i am the one giving to them. but this is still unhealthy, in our perspective.:mad:

how well do you know and trust your vb anyway? sry if i am too straight forward?

Put it simply, I'm going there at my own terms, not there specifically to see her parents or for them to see me. And I told her so. She said yah lah.. you always want FUN..:confused:

I've told her that I'm really a poor guy in Singapore struggling to make ends meet. And for the few times we went on holidays, I only book those 2-3 star hotels and eat at small restaurants, never those lavish ones. She has never asked me for anything in return.

At least so far so good for me. I always try to understand what they deem most important, their families etc. and I will tell them how much I love my family too. I would want to work hard and give them a better life, and she would agree whole heartedly. I would usually stop at that as I think that already sinks in. Maybe, she thinks I am at her level, striving hard to provide for the family so can empathise with me. :p

Things may change in the future, but at present, things are going well. :)

Dragon1
12-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Long time have not been into the forum.

Can I know, how to buy a house in Vietnam. My understanding is that, we as foreigner, we are not allow to buy a house there.

If I want to own house co-own with my gf, how to go about it?

I was told that we can register a company there, as a joint-venture with my gf, that use the company to buy a house. Can??? How to go about it.

Many thanks.

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Put it simply, I'm going there at my own terms, not there specifically to see her parents or for them to see me. And I told her so. She said yah lah.. you always want FUN..:confused:

I've told her that I'm really a poor guy in Singapore struggling to make ends meet. And for the few times we went on holidays, I only book those 2-3 star hotels and eat at small restaurants, never those lavish ones. She has never asked me for anything in return.

Things may change in the future, but at present, things are going well.

nice plot u hv. i got something similar as u but not as good as you. need to learn from u. and thanks to the experienced bros here who advise me

wah u book 2-3 stars hotel?! i only stay in 1 star ler... haha US$20 only :D let her know im kiam ku one and i think she sense it well. everytime when comes to money she know what i am thinking.

anyway good luck to u and ur bg :)

lugi
12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
nice plot u hv. i got something similar as u but not as good as you. need to learn from u. and thanks to the experienced bros here who advise me

wah u book 2-3 stars hotel?! i only stay in 1 star ler... haha US$20 only :D let her know im kiam ku one and i think she sense it well. everytime when comes to money she know what i am thinking.

wah, u power leh, 1 star also can convince her.. I tried before tell her maybe stay Nha Nhgi, she say better sleep in the park, free leh... :confused::p

Please don't say learn from me. I am a complete newbie to this and have also benefited greatly from reading senior bros here.

Every vb is different. If we are able to sift through all the XNN and KC, then we have a chance to really understand what makes them tick. I am working hard on this. :)

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 04:39 PM
wah, u power leh, 1 star also can convince her.. I tried before tell her maybe stay Nha Nhgi, she say better sleep in the park, free leh... :confused::p

Please don't say learn from me. I am a complete newbie to this and have also benefited greatly from reading senior bros here.

Every vb is different. If we are able to sift through all the XNN and KC, then we have a chance to really understand what makes them tick. I am working hard on this. :)

i didn't book. at first i wanted to stay at one $40+ but she say she know got one $30+ only. in the end we walked in one $20 nett. lucky...

yeah i think every VB is different. it depends on their family upbringing and the culture at their kampong. cannot stereotype all of them. but still some tricks can be generalized haha,,,,,, i think ;)

shysaint
12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Doggie ....

So this is ur bx number 1 har?

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Doggie ....

So this is ur bx number 1 har?

bro shysaint!!! yes she is. :o

aiya not bx la... i not so power... :(

batty
12-10-2011, 07:26 PM
In today's New Paper there is a sad true story of a Malaysian Chinese taxi driver. He is 52 years old if I remember. He married a Vietnamese girl, he found from a Vietnamese bride marriage agency in Malaysia. He said he chose her because she is the most beautiful girl they have. He used his EPF (Malaysian version of CPF) to the tune of SG$7 000 over if I remember. His marriage was hell from the get go. He described her as money grubbing. She evaded sexual intercourse with him by pushing a huge stuffed teddy bear at him when he tried to come near. She bit his ear. She left him leaving only the teddy bear and her Vietnamese passport behind. He went back to the marriage agency to try to get his money back but was rebuffed. She is believed to be still in Malaysia.

The complaints department which is handling his case said his was the worst one they have dealt with. They mentioned a few syndicates have been working in cahoots with such marriage agencies in Malaysia to supply Vietnamese brides. After marriage the Vietnamese brides behave badly according to their evil plan. Then the Vietnamese brides run away.

Any one who has read this article please comment. Appreciated... I do not know of such things happening in Singapore. I did not marry a Vietnamese or China woman. I am such a busybody.

batty
12-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Then the Vietnamese brides run away after swiping their husbands' money. (I forgot to add).

volcano
12-10-2011, 07:52 PM
It's not even Tet and has to dole out money. Makes me think twice about going roi. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I have to do some pre-departure psycho on the vb or just bring as little money along as possible. :p

dun worry lah...just go and have a feel of it.

for my case,years back when i first visit my wife's family at the village.i only give 'jian mian li' to her really close family members.when i say close,it means only her immediate family members which are her mother,2 elder sis and 1 younger bro.all the rest who appear to see me this 'endangered animal',my wife tell me just BO CHAP!!!!....:p:)

plmnc
12-10-2011, 09:49 PM
hi guys, need some advice here. will appreciate it if you guys can chip in your thoughts.
this week my mum has been staying over with me at my house. just now at ard 9pm i switch my tv channel to ch8 becos my mum wanted to watch the drama, and went to the room to iron clothes. when i was in the room, my wife went to switch the channel over to kbs world. then my mum came into the room where i was at and start reading the papers. i asked her why she wasn't watching her show, and she said "stay at ppl's house dun dare to ask ppl to change channel". i hear liao went outside told my wife go to the room and watch her show and switch the channel back for my mother.

after that, i went to the room and told my wife in a nice way to tell her that as a gd daughter in law she shld let my mum watch her show. as she was watching her korean show, she started railing at me in a loud voice saying she dun know my mum want to watch the show, and then keep asking what i want in a fierce and loud voice....

i was so angry i feel like whacking her but i didn't... thats why i come here type out what happen...hoping to calm myself....
i really damn sian of my wife liao....she keep thinking she damn gd for me...
if not for my kid, i would say bye bye to her long ago liao...

btw for all those that duno, my wife is a viet and she studied uni in a pte sch here..working in some hr company now...

pek cek pek cek:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ilovedoggie
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
hi guys, need some advice here. will appreciate it if you guys can chip in your thoughts.

i was so angry i feel like whacking her but i didn't... thats why i come here type out what happen...hoping to calm myself....

btw for all those that duno, my wife is a viet and she studied uni in a pte sch here..working in some hr company now...

from my limited knowledge of VB, pardon me if i am wrong, xem phim and ngu are two very important things to them.:D

relax la bro. your viet wife has good background. think about it. be tolerate and considerate. give and take. most importantly live happily :)

p/s: is she PMS now?

jsut my 2 cent. peace :)

shysaint
12-10-2011, 10:25 PM
from my limited knowledge of VB ...

XAO NHIEU NHIEU :p

sundance
12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I've been reading about the different bros and life in the village in the Mekong. I guess I'm lucky as my wife's family is in Lam Dong and I prefer it because for Tet the weather is cool and pleasant. The village life is still pretty simple and it does make me appreciate life in S'pore.

shysaint
12-10-2011, 10:31 PM
this week my mum has been staying over with me at my house. just now at ard 9pm i switch my tv channel to ch8 becos my mum wanted to watch the drama, and went to the room to iron clothes. when i was in the room, my wife went to switch the channel over to kbs world. then my mum came into the room where i was at and start reading the papers. i asked her why she wasn't watching her show, and she said "stay at ppl's house dun dare to ask ppl to change channel". i hear liao went outside told my wife go to the room and watch her show and switch the channel back for my mother.

after that, i went to the room and told my wife in a nice way to tell her that as a gd daughter in law she shld let my mum watch her show. as she was watching her korean show, she started railing at me in a loud voice saying she dun know my mum want to watch the show, and then keep asking what i want in a fierce and loud voice....

pek cek pek cek:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My guess is that Maybe she has the mentality that she is a graduate and is able to work here in Singapore and do not require your help to take care her ...

My friend's gf also like that ... ever since she come here to work in a Jewery chain as sales associate ... her mentality change ... after about 3-4 mths , she broke off with my friend ...

I guess once they are able to gain independant ... they really dun care any more ...

GrandS
12-10-2011, 10:37 PM
My guess is that Maybe she has the mentality that she is a graduate and is able to work here in Singapore and do not require your help to take care her ...

My friend's gf also like that ... ever since she come here to work in a Jewery chain as sales associate ... her mentality change ... after about 3-4 mths , she broke off with my friend ...

I guess once they are able to gain independant ... they really dun care any more ...

I got this feeling too. Especially when they find out about women charter.

lugi
12-10-2011, 11:12 PM

for my case,years back when i first visit my wife's family at the village.i only give 'jian mian li' to her really close family members.when i say close,it means only her immediate family members which are her mother,2 elder sis and 1 younger bro.all the rest who appear to see me this 'endangered animal',my wife tell me just BO CHAP!!!!....:p:)

I am certainly not going during Tet as she already says that I should dole out red packets to all the young ones.

Wait for the festive season to be over.. then maybe less people around to deal with...

But really looking forward to it...

lasupkia
13-10-2011, 12:04 AM

pek cek pek cek:mad::mad::mad::mad:Would you believe that your wife is trying to test how manly u are?? It's a strange thing but i have seen it happened b4. Girl screaming like a mad woman at bf or husband. The man give 1 slap. Next thing u know the girl became a loving pussycat. Another case I saw a man kick a hole in the door after his wife shouted at him, then she also became so gentle and loving.
Nabei, really dun understand why Viet girls are like that sometimes.

volcano
13-10-2011, 02:16 AM
i really damn sian of my wife liao....she keep thinking she damn gd for me

dun u already know the answer deep inside ur heart???

if she has the mentality that u r not gd enough for her,do u think she is gonna give in to u???

and if her family has the ability to send her to Sillypore for studies,i presume her family in Vietnam shld be doing quite fine as well.so maybe she has always been the princess in the family.

there r only 2 choices for u,take it and tolerate or leave it and move on.u really have to weigh the positives and negatives carefully as it will affect ur future life.:)

Dragon1
13-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Long time have not been into the forum.

Can I know, how to buy a house in Vietnam. My understanding is that, we as foreigner, we are not allow to buy a house there.

If I want to own house co-own with my gf, how to go about it?

I was told that we can register a company there, as a joint-venture with my gf, that use the company to buy a house. Can??? How to go about it.

Many thanks.

I am ready looking into buying a house there. Can anyone give some advise on how to co-own with my girlfriend?

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 02:35 AM
XAO NHIEU NHIEU :p

troi oi... wait ppl here see liao say i hao lian :D:p:o

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 02:37 AM
I am certainly not going during Tet as she already says that I should dole out red packets to all the young ones.

Wait for the festive season to be over.. then maybe less people around to deal with...

But really looking forward to it...

good choice! go during the time other than Tet and monsoon season. bcuz these might be the two period of time when they need some money :D

just go for it bro!

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 02:45 AM
actually before i left for hcmc, i saw a local guy with a vn wife, his mother and children at the check-in counter. the mother, although no offense to her, is speaking in a rude tone to the vn wife. the vn wife keep nodding her head with a smiling face. a bit pity her... :(

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Nabei, really dun understand why Viet girls are like that sometimes.

Eh! i somehow got inspired of this. i remember my girl was being stubborn, refused to listen what i recommend her to do and talked in a loud voice to me somemore... and i accidentally replied in a louder voice to her. she auto STFU and listen to me.:D

plmnc
13-10-2011, 07:42 AM
xem phim and ngu are two very important things to them.:D

eh bro..what is xem phim and ngu?:confused:

don't think she PMS too...:confused:

now morning liao...wife wake up still give me the face.... talk to me in a monotonous voice....damn du lan...

jackbl
13-10-2011, 09:03 AM
No problem. Visiting the Tieng Viet Lovers Thread has become a daily ritual. Having a long haired dictionary also helps. :D

If u hardworking and motivated and a bit smart, I gurantee u can speak within 2 months. U got an example here :D

jf66312
13-10-2011, 09:47 AM

now morning liao...wife wake up still give me the face.... talk to me in a monotonous voice....damn du lan...

xem phim shld be movies/tv shows while ngu is sleep...

am i right bro ilovedoggie? :D

69ASIMO69
13-10-2011, 10:21 AM
xem phim shld be movies/tv shows while ngu is sleep...

am i right bro ilovedoggie? :D

U forgot a word 'watch' infront of your movies/tv shows.

jf66312
13-10-2011, 10:52 AM

oops...yup...forgot to add that..

lugi
13-10-2011, 11:14 AM
If u hardworking and motivated and a bit smart, I gurantee u can speak within 2 months. U got an example here :D

I try to be hardworking, is definitely motivated but I suspect lacking in linguistic abilities. :(

Can't dare to say be able to speak in 2 months, though will be happy to be able to construct and read sms, and extend vocabulary beyond those XNN and swear words that I know. :p

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 11:27 AM

xem phim = watch film

ngu = sleep

maybe tonight or tmr she will be ok, " ox oi..." :D

volcano
13-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I am ready looking into buying a house there. Can anyone give some advise on how to co-own with my girlfriend?

foreigners can only buy apartments with a lease of 50 years provided if u meet the necessary requirements.the apartment have to be sold off when the lease is up.foreigners are not able to buy lands.

if u are really serious in buying a house in Vietnam,why dun u check with the relevant authorities to get a clearer picture rather then posting here and wait for answers.

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 01:05 PM

speak within 2 months must pay a lot of tuition fee. learn hw to nt in TV in 2 months without much tuition fee is easily achievable.

yes must hv a lot of motivation and interest to learn!

Jackbl is the greatest example. :p:D

V|ernar
13-10-2011, 01:47 PM

You are talent mah , I sometimes can figure the writing , but the way they talk cannot understand

happy000
13-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I suppose they follow the old customs of PRC. In the 80's when my parents went to their village in Fujian for a visit, they must prepared to throw a dinners and lunches for the whole village which cost quite a few thousand dollars. Not forgetting still have to give angpow to the immediate relatives.

Luckily they have improve tremendously. Three years back I went with my mother to the village there was no need to throw any dinners or lunches - just need to give angpow (about S$10 per person) to the immediate relatives.

I believe the Vietnamese will follow suit once their economy improve and people there are more well off - both financially and intellectually.

KangTuo
13-10-2011, 04:56 PM
You are talent mah , I sometimes can figure the writing , but the way they talk cannot understand

this one i got to agree that jackbl is talented :)
anh jackbl, can treat me beer for praising you after my house arrest? :p

xxxx4
13-10-2011, 09:32 PM
day 2

Anyway i was relieved because we finally boarded the van and set off to HCMC. during the journey, lots of talking and understanding happens betwn us. i am glad as this is one of the thing i have looking forward to this trip besides meeting her family.

Once i reach pham ngu lao aka my usual place in HCMC i am like HOORAAYYY!!!

-the end-

HOORAAYYYY........... finally you made it..... :) I just able to read this today, just came back from HCM yesterday noon. Sorry Bro Hurricane, i have to make my trip before 14 since my visa expired on the 14/10.

What a story Doggie, really enjoy reading it. It's quite different from my experience. Luckily my bx would not allow me to stay overnight there. I only met her mom, and no one else. She stay home alone, no husband, no uncles, no any relatives only a brother working somewhere in HCM,. It's not a surprise visit, my bx informed her 2 days before we go. I hired a car and went there with her HCM aunt and cousin, very pleasant day trip i may say. Did not talk a word to her mom she is very shy, except bow and smile when meeting her first time. We ate lunch as soon as we arrived and i slept after lunch while the women sitting around talking in kitchen. She woke me up and i hugged and kissed the mother while slipping $100 note to her hand and headed back to HCM.

fcukger
13-10-2011, 09:50 PM
this one i got to agree that jackbl is talented :)
anh jackbl, can treat me beer for praising you after my house arrest? :p

both of u r talented la... as well as AdGuy... :D

ilovedoggie
13-10-2011, 10:48 PM
HOORAAYYYY........... finally you made it..... :) I just able to read this today, just came back from HCM yesterday noon.

What a story Doggie, really enjoy reading it.

thanks bro! glad u enjoy reading it. i just try to give a clearer picture to the readers what to expect in the village. if possible i upload some photos of the village

She woke me up and i hugged and kissed the mother while slipping $100 note to her hand and headed back to HCM.

now i feel so bad and i feel me myself so damn kiam ku... technically i didnt give her mother money... :o

but anyway i just gv her some pocket money $200 for her to go work next week since she got shared some cost during my trip, even in hcmc :eek: :o

plmnc
14-10-2011, 09:00 AM
xem phim = watch film

ngu = sleep

maybe tonight or tmr she will be ok, " ox oi..." :D

I giving her the cold treatment now. Ha ha

jackbl
14-10-2011, 01:45 PM

oops...yup...forgot to add that..

xem phim = watch film

Bro jf66312, u need to improve your TV liao :mad: :D

jackbl
14-10-2011, 01:49 PM

I not talented. I just hardworking. Everyone can be hardworking. If u can do it, I think u wont lose to me :D

I got difficulty listening to TV in northern slang :(

Heard from Fxxxger, u are his close fren???

jackbl
14-10-2011, 02:06 PM
anh jackbl, can treat me beer for praising you after my house arrest?

I think if I dun go out with u often and ban u from all pubs and KTV. Your bx will intro me many gals and treat me to Liquor :D :p

jackbl
14-10-2011, 02:11 PM
both of u r talented la... as well as AdGuy... :D

How u know? U din interact with me much leh .... U talk more to AdGuy :)

Anyway I see that u are talented. A singaporean living in hcmc and then have so many lobang. I see that you are not a simple guy :p

jf66312
14-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Bro jf66312, u need to improve your TV liao :mad: :D

yup..really need to...

so need guidance from you and KT bro...
and all bros who are pro here... :D

so when will the first lesson start? :p

jackbl
14-10-2011, 07:37 PM
yup..really need to...

so need guidance from you and KT bro...
and all bros who are pro here... :D

so when will the first lesson start? :p

Tomorrow! Go watch Big Ball BATTLE of the Reds.

jf66312
15-10-2011, 08:57 AM

yup..tml is the match....

where will you be? :D

Golden question
15-10-2011, 09:47 AM
:Dit's the pressure and jitters in me to dine with them bcuz i cant be myself. VB or PRCB will do such things for u no matter what. it doesn't make a big fuss to them. they auto do it one. peel shell/take tissue/take drink/see u cough will pat your back/see u tired will msg your head/shoulder etc... it's nothing to them bcuz they r programmed to do this to their men.

This is something where guy appreciate and like whereby sg girl will not do.Recently i went KFC with one of my friend.My friend girlfriend is those pretty and like to carry branded goods type.

Guess what my friend do?He actually peel off the chicken skin and tear into small pieces and give her eat cos he know she no like to eat chicken skin.She did not even say a thank u to him.

Well i was thinking,sg man service sg girl but is the opposite when u are with your vietnam girl/wife.

But when courting,those sg man will do anyting in order to win that sg girl but after marry,is totally different liao haha:D

My wife still peel prawn and crab shell for me like a i am her baby:p

SingViet
15-10-2011, 09:58 AM

This is something where guy appreciate and like whereby sg girl will not do.Recently i went KFC with one of my friend.My friend girlfriend is those pretty and like to carry branded goods type.

Guess what my friend do?He actually peel off the chicken skin and tear into small pieces and give her eat cos he know she no like to eat chicken skin.She did not even say a thank u to him.

Well i was thinking,sg man service sg girl but is the opposite when u are with your vietnam girl/wife.

But when courting,those sg man will do anyting in order to win that sg girl but after marry,is totally different liao haha:D

My wife still peel prawn and crab shell for me like a i am her baby:p

My personal obervation is that the more highly educated the gal is, the more demanding she will be, irregardless of her nationality. The highly educated and rich in Vietnam are about the same as these singapore gals. I think i have mentioned before about my first gf in Vietnam. She is from the higer society in Vietnam, father is politician and family very rich. She speaks good english, been to a lot of different countires. But her temper sucks big time. She's just as demanding as singaporean gals, temper just as furious and expects me to treat her like a queen. Why torture myself? :D

V|ernar
15-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I not talented. I just hardworking. Everyone can be hardworking. If u can do it, I think u wont lose to me :D

I got difficulty listening to TV in northern slang :(

Heard from Fxxxger, u are his close fren???

Yup , quite close since 2004 .

If want to learn TV , where should I start ?

Golden question
15-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Some parts like your VB says she knows what you are thinking reasonates. My Vb also says she always knows what I am thinking, when in fact, most of the time she is wrong. :p

Enjoyed reading and upz you with my humble 10 pts. :D

There was once i ask my wife what to buy as a small gift to her mother since i staying at her house.She say no need but if i want just give her money better.What she like,she buy herself

OK,i think is also more pratical so i say i will give her around $200 sing and she say is ok.I treat it as a hotel stay cost.Sometime when i go,i dont even give a single cents but her mother still treat me good.

It really depends cos like u,i also feel awkard when giving money.But dont be shy if u give like give little bit cos always bear in mind that if her side is good,this little bit of money is only a gesture to them.

Give a lot will spolit them.Always be stingy and poor when approach:)

Golden question
15-10-2011, 10:24 AM
My personal obervation is that the more highly educated the gal is, the more demanding she will be, irregardless of her nationality. The highly educated and rich in Vietnam are about the same as these singapore gals. I think i have mentioned before about my first gf in Vietnam. She is from the higer society in Vietnam, father is politician and family very rich. She speaks good english, been to a lot of different countires. But her temper sucks big time. She's just as demanding as singaporean gals, temper just as furious and expects me to treat her like a queen. Why torture myself? :D

I like this,'why torture myself' haha :D

lugi
15-10-2011, 10:51 AM
She is from the higer society in Vietnam, father is politician and family very rich.

Hi Bro Singviet,

I like this part. :D

Where do you get the lobang to know these people? maybe I never die before so want to try something different.:p

lugi
15-10-2011, 11:00 AM
There was once i ask my wife what to buy as a small gift to her mother since i staying at her house.She say no need but if i want just give her money better.What she like,she buy herself

OK,i think is also more pratical so i say i will give her around $200 sing and she say is ok.I treat it as a hotel stay cost.Sometime when i go,i dont even give a single cents but her mother still treat me good.

It really depends cos like u,i also feel awkard when giving money.But dont be shy if u give like give little bit cos always bear in mind that if her side is good,this little bit of money is only a gesture to them.

Thanks bro for sharing.

I asked her recently again and she says don't give money to parents, just buy gifts for them like wine. I intend to buy Tiger Balm too, since they work hard in the fields. :D

For kids, can give some pocket money like $20 or so, anyshe she only has another 2 sibling, so that should be ok.

Recently, she wanted me to pass money to her friend for her first and said she would return to me. It was only a few hundred SGD so I thought it is ok even if she does not return me the money as I she had never asked me for any money.

But to my surprise, she returned the money to me in a week as promised. Told me that her parents told her that never to take other people's money. Her dad also doen't want her to be with foreigners. Seems like a rather level headed vb with good values...:)

plmnc
15-10-2011, 12:08 PM
My personal obervation is that the more highly educated the gal is, the more demanding she will be, irregardless of her nationality. The highly educated and rich in Vietnam are about the same as these singapore gals. ...... But her temper sucks big time. She's just as demanding as singaporean gals, temper just as furious and expects me to treat her like a queen.

hmm sounds like my wife there...

but she not super educated and super rich.... :eek:

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks bro for sharing.

I asked her recently again and she says don't give money to parents, just buy gifts for them like wine. I intend to buy Tiger Balm too, since they work hard in the fields. :D

For kids, can give some pocket money like $20 or so, anyshe she only has another 2 sibling, so that should be ok.

Recently, she wanted me to pass money to her friend for her first and said she would return to me. It was only a few hundred SGD so I thought it is ok even if she does not return me the money as I she had never asked me for any money.

But to my surprise, she returned the money to me in a week as promised. Told me that her parents told her that never to take other people's money. Her dad also doen't want her to be with foreigners. Seems like a rather level headed vb with good values...:)

Can buy our famous eagle oil to them too.They only like made and buy in singapore cos is real haha :p:D

lugi
15-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Can buy our famous eagle oil to them too.They only like made and buy in singapore cos is real haha :p:D

good idea bro, and I also last won a portable OSIM foot massager in a lucky draw, never got to use it, so maybe this can be given to them, Singapore Brand leh.. :p

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:24 PM

bro,your old note description remind me when i first went there in 2004.I was shock when they gave me their small notes.A pierce of crumpled brown paper like come out from the rubbish bin:eek:

Later they come out with plastic notes,then is at least better :D but those notes is still around:p

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Put it simply, I'm going there at my own terms, not there specifically to see her parents or for them to see me. And I told her so. She said yah lah.. you always want FUN.

At least so far so good for me. I always try to understand what they deem most important, their families etc. and I will tell them how much I love my family too. I would want to work hard and give them a better life, and she would agree whole heartedly. I would usually stop at that as I think that already sinks in. Maybe, she thinks I am at her level, striving hard to provide for the family so can empathise with me.

Things may change in the future, but at present, things are going well. :)

Remind me of the first time when i first know my wife or that time girlfriend.

I went and visit her and she bring me out to eat.We went to a place,not really a restaurant but look more like a small villa deco,i guess bro frequent there will know there is a lot over there.

I think was expensive so i stop her before going in and ask her is it expensive.she say no but i told her if eat inside i no enough money to pay how?

she double check with the security cum bike attendant uncle and she told me is cheap.Indeed it turn out cheap haha :p:D

One way to make her know i am poor and in the end she pay haha:D

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:38 PM

anyway good luck to u and ur bg :)

i stay in US $5 only during that time :p:D

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:49 PM

On my marriage day,still got one couple with 1 daughter come with no ang bao and eat.(one of my wife relative)

Guess what they give us,A nice present wrap with beautiful wrapping paper and WOW,is a photo album inside.

NA BEI,really no shy,3 ppl eat,give one photo album that cos less than 3 usd.

On tet,they came to her house,my wife try not to entertain them and her mother say dont talk to them and let them leave faster cos they bring their daughter here to get ang bao.still got the face to ask her daughter to greet me gong xi fa cai

In the end,sat for 1 hour and left empty handed,or be good :D

SingViet
15-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi Bro Singviet,

I like this part. :D

Where do you get the lobang to know these people? maybe I never die before so want to try something different.:p

I got know her thru business dealings . In Vn, lobang need not always be bars and cafes and WL, it can be businessman, businesswoman and others .

Golden question
15-10-2011, 12:54 PM

Most girl is like that,once they are able to earn good money for themselve,they dont need a man especially if she is young

Marriage is always a gamble and having a children is also a obstacle if 1 really want to leave his wife

Golden question
15-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Eh! i somehow got inspired of this. i remember my girl was being stubborn, refused to listen what i recommend her to do and talked in a loud voice to me somemore... and i accidentally replied in a louder voice to her. she auto STFU and listen to me.:D

i even quarrel with my wife at bali airport.Dont want to listen to me,stubborn and still want to argue with the airport security over there even know she know the reason.Think she can handle and shout with them.

Ask me to go in first,then i dont care and go in.Then lan lan no choice come in and question me why throw her there.

Na bei i fucking piss off and told her is she ask me to come in first and i told her,if u want to continue and argue just because of few bottle of shampoo,u stay here,i go back singapore myself.

in the end board the plane and show me a smelly face.i simple dont care and reach sg aiport start to soften and talk to me.

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 03:36 PM
i stay in US $5 only during that time :p:D

$5 = 100kd . this type still exist. but not in pham ngu lao anymore.
the hotel i stay is considerably quite good. i used to bonk one ST in a $5 hotel b4. scary like haunted house...

Dragon1
15-10-2011, 04:08 PM
foreigners can only buy apartments with a lease of 50 years provided if u meet the necessary requirements.the apartment have to be sold off when the lease is up.foreigners are not able to buy lands.

if u are really serious in buying a house in Vietnam,why dun u check with the relevant authorities to get a clearer picture rather then posting here and wait for answers.

I am just asking for more information or advise, from those brother who have the experience. I just looking for option, to own a house there.

What wrong to ask for advise here???!!! Am I offending you?

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 04:09 PM

wah $200... i feel that im quite stingy. my girl family is actually facing some financial problem. thats why she was WL.

thanks to your consistent reminder. i always stick to this rule of thumb :D

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Remind me of the first time when i first know my wife or that time girlfriend.

One way to make her know i am poor and in the end she pay haha:D

haha. my girl always tease me say the restaurant is expensive when we already sit down :eek: and also i say if no money pay how? she will say, "sell u off la what else?":eek:

the problem with my girl is she has almost zero financial planning knowledge. she will pay and pay until she herself no money left.

Golden question
15-10-2011, 04:16 PM
the hotel i stay is considerably quite good. i used to bonk one ST in a $5 hotel b4. scary like haunted house...

yah,my time is when the only airport is the old TSN airport which is beside the new one :D

Golden question
15-10-2011, 04:19 PM
wah $200... i feel that im quite stingy. my girl family is actually facing some financial problem. thats why she was WL.

thanks to your consistent reminder. i always stick to this rule of thumb :D

bro mine is after marry and normally is once per year for the $200 to give her mother.

not same same as yours cos your is still girlfriend leh:D

Golden question
15-10-2011, 04:24 PM
haha. my girl always tease me say the restaurant is expensive when we already sit down :eek: and also i say if no money pay how? she will say, "sell u off la what else?":eek:

the problem with my girl is she has almost zero financial planning knowledge. she will pay and pay until she herself no money left.

most of them dont know how to manage their finance thats why poor become poorer.got money spend first,buy beautiful motorbike,hp and etc.When go eating,just order for the sake of ordering,cannot finish just put there,for the sake of their 'face'

then no money come and say a lot of things in vietnam expensive:confused:

ilovedoggie
15-10-2011, 05:20 PM
bro mine is after marry and normally is once per year for the $200 to give her mother.

not same same as yours cos your is still girlfriend leh

ops paiseh... hehe :D so i did the right thing huh anyway hahah...

most of them dont know how to manage their finance thats why poor become poorer.got money spend first,buy beautiful motorbike,hp and etc.When go eating,just order for the sake of ordering,cannot finish just put there,for the sake of their 'face'

my girl is somehow like this... for face. i think i have to psycho her consistently liao...

KangTuo
15-10-2011, 05:23 PM

(not related to this thread)
go liverpool go go go liverpool!!!!!! :)

lugi
15-10-2011, 05:25 PM
ops paiseh... hehe :D so i did the right thing huh anyway hahah...

my girl is somehow like this... for face. i think i have to psycho her consistently liao...

Same same for PRC as well, order tons of food and when I try to finish them, they will ask "You must still be hungry!" and want to order some more. Only when there are unfinished food then they feel satisied.. could be the meaning of 有余。。:D

lugi
15-10-2011, 05:26 PM
(not related to this thread)
go liverpool go go go liverpool!!!!!! :)

Can't resist to join in.... go Kop them! :p

You'll Never Walk Alone!

SingViet
16-10-2011, 09:01 AM

I think the whole idea here is that they do not live within their means. They always want expensive bikes, expensive mobile phones, no need to work and drink coffee all day. Actually everyone around the world wants to have all these, but is it possible? So when they have the chance to `chop' someone or by all means get the little cash to achieve some of these desires, they quickly get it. After spending the money, they become broke again and have to think of ways to get the cash for daily living . Its a vicious cycle.

SingViet
16-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Pham Ngu lao is considered to be a place for BROKE foreigners who cannot afford a proper place to stay in HCMC. next time, try other places. I personally do not like Pham Ngu lao and i feel that if you have the money to fly there for a holiday, do at least stay in somewhere that's more proper. :D

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 10:22 AM
i feel that if you have the money to fly there for a holiday, do at least stay in somewhere that's more proper. :D

maybe hotel in pham ngu lao is cheap. BUT it is still decent. maybe i'm not a choosy person. but restaurant in pham ngu lao is not cheap! u c allez boo, crazy buffalo and gogo bar. the food almost same price as sgp. my fren told me that area is meant for foreigner. common locals can't afford it.

fyi, the $5 hotel i used to bonk is somewhere in ulu hcmc. and the bonk cost me only $25 with a syt :D. i got charge 200kd by vinasun meter. seriously i won't stay that $5 hotel.

Golden question
16-10-2011, 10:57 AM
maybe hotel in pham ngu lao is cheap. BUT it is still decent. maybe i'm not a choosy person. but restaurant in pham ngu lao is not cheap! u c allez boo, crazy buffalo and gogo bar. the food almost same price as sgp. my fren told me that area is meant for foreigner. common locals can't afford it.

fyi, the $5 hotel i used to bonk is somewhere in ulu hcmc. and the bonk cost me only $25 with a syt :D. i got charge 200kd by vinasun meter. seriously i won't stay that $5 hotel.

I use to stay there during my first trip to vietnam.As is my first trip there and dont know the place well and due to language barrier,i choose to stay there.Reason is not only cheap there but also i feel secure as there is more so call foreigner ang mo there.So my thinking is if anything happen,at least i am not surrounded by local.

btw that place have change a quite a bit,new shop can bearly survive there.come and go.but seem like there start to have more and more drinking shop with girl wearing sexy clothes over there and more massage shop.

common local can afford but is go there to be seen by ppl,u know what i mean:D

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 11:09 AM
I use to stay there during my first trip to vietnam.As is my first trip there and

but seem like there start to have more and more drinking shop with girl wearing sexy clothes over there and more massage shop.

common local can afford but is go there to be seen by ppl,u know what i mean

haha... yea it's actually a backpacker area. i feel safe there also. i think local viet think foreign backpacker is no class... even in 3 months i c lots of new msg parlor spring up with sexy VBs giving out brochure... :D

but i still see some rich local driving convertible merc there. order their own drink and nvr bother the foreigners.

i was told that area one shop building is valued at about US$500K :eek:

mayb i shd try another quan next time.:D

Golden question
16-10-2011, 11:19 AM
haha... yea it's actually a backpacker area. i feel safe there also. i think local viet think foreign backpacker is no class... even in 3 months i c lots of new msg parlor spring up with sexy VBs giving out brochure... :D

but i still see some rich local driving convertible merc there. order their own drink and nvr bother the foreigners.

bro,the rental over there is not cheap,can easily more than 2500 usd per month.

Thats why i say,some local go there is to be seen and not go there to drink or eat cos i dont think there is anything nice overe there according to their vietnamese taste

some ang mo teacher who teach there like to go there and hang around.But most teacher is cannot find job in their own country then go there to teach and some qualification is like shit but as long as is ang mo,normal vietnamese will think is great that their children is teach by them:D

ilovedoggie
16-10-2011, 11:55 AM
some ang mo teacher who teach there like to go there and hang around.But most teacher is cannot find job in their own country then go there to teach and some qualification is like shit but as long as is ang mo,normal vietnamese will think is great that their children is teach by them

wow! bro GQ u damn pro. talked with one ang mo guy and he said he's a teacher bcuz his wife got posted in hcm hahaha... he hook one vb and bring up to gogo bar second floor... then i go back to my hotel :mad::D

mayb one day when i got sick of my job i go my girl's village one month and teach english at their primary school hahah...

SingViet
16-10-2011, 03:45 PM

US$500k for a building or house in central HCMC is nothing, most of the houses (proper ones) in q1 cost more than US$1 million. Welcome to modern Vietnam.

Golden question
17-10-2011, 11:57 AM
wow! bro GQ u damn pro. talked with one ang mo guy and he said he's a teacher bcuz his wife got posted in hcm hahaha... he hook one vb and bring up to gogo bar second floor... then i go back to my hotel :mad::D

mayb one day when i got sick of my job i go my girl's village one month and teach english at their primary school hahah...

bro,nice reading your fr on your recent trip there,very good.

i like that part when u say u worry she kipnap u inside the taxi,rob,kill and throw u away haha :D

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 03:52 PM
bro,nice reading your fr on your recent trip there,very good.

i like that part when u say u worry she kipnap u inside the taxi,rob,kill and throw u away haha

thanks bro GQ. now every phone conversation will definitely mention about her spiking my drink and make me sleep and sell me off. she even say when we got married in sgp better bcuz got casino here. can sell me off and use the money to play cards there :mad: i actually don't like her playing cards.

she seems to derive pleasure by scaring me :confused: or maybe she really mean it?:eek:

will try to make more trips there or anywhere in vn to explore more, if fate allows :)

sgchionger
17-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Went Ktv with my friend and his viet GF(working in hair salon).
She actually tip the waiter, i hardly tip waiters except when i find them very nice.

She also say viet things expensive, my friend gave her $500 every mth to spend. Viet ppl earn prob $100-300 per month for low-lowmedium income, then how they survive? They really anyhow spend 1, buy iphone, buy laptop, tip waiter?

Golden question
17-10-2011, 05:00 PM
She actually tip the waiter, i hardly tip waiters except when i find them very nice.

She also say viet things expensive, my friend gave her $500 every mth to spend. Viet ppl earn prob $100-300 per month for low-lowmedium income, then how they survive? They really anyhow spend 1, buy iphone, buy laptop, tip waiter?

Tell your friend to reduce her monthly from $500 to $250 and bluff her say he have a pay cut and see what she say or do

if she say not enough,ask her to fuck off,the way she spend,is like nobody business,forget about this kind of girl.

say expensive in vietnam than go tip,better go open charity better haha:D

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 05:01 PM

my girl also like to tip every single waiter/waitress/saloon girl etc with her/my small change:mad: i asked her wtf is she doing. she say they r nice and pity them earn so little. but i think she wan to act rich. wtf then i scold her a bit and she keep quiet.:mad:

in hcm maybe they earn >$300 by working 5/6 days a week and some side income :P

ppl at province earn about $10/day by working 10 hours in factory. my girl is doing it with lots of complaints:confused:

buy iphone with their income? it's abt 16mil in vn. they hv to wait long long... that's y they chop foreigner to buy mah...

Golden question
17-10-2011, 05:07 PM
my girl also like to tip every single waiter/waitress/saloon girl etc with her/my small change:mad: i asked her wtf is she doing. she say they r nice and pity them earn so little. but i think she wan to act rich. wtf then i scold her a bit and she keep quiet.:mad:

ppl at province earn about $10/day by working 10 hours in factory. my girl is doing it with lots of complaints:confused:

buy iphone with their income? it's abt 16mil in vn. they hv to wait long long... that's y they chop foreigner to buy mah...

Tip is ok if is just a small amount but i hate girl who go and tip without asking me first.Nabei,i boss leh,i own the money leh.

Got one time,one girl snatch some dollars from my change which i was holding and go tip,i damm du lan and snatch it back

dont care lose face:mad:

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Tip is ok if is just a small amount but i hate girl who go and tip without asking me first.Nabei,i boss leh,i own the money leh.

Got one time,one girl snatch some dollars from my change which i was holding and go tip,i damm du lan and snatch it back

dont care lose face:mad:

at one msg parlor (clean one), she gv $10 to our masseuses and ask them to split. that's why im a bit angry although it's not my money bcuz in the end when money not enough i hv to pay :D. the rest of the time, change like 10k-50k she just gv it away.:mad:

i gv $5 to a hair dresser guy and a shampoo girl. and ask them to split they alrdy very happy. our tips is quite good alrdy so don't care about them.

volcano
17-10-2011, 08:07 PM
at one msg parlor (clean one), she gv $10 to our masseuses and ask them to split. that's why im a bit angry although it's not my money bcuz in the end when money not enough i hv to pay :D. the rest of the time, change like 10k-50k she just gv it away.:mad:

hey dude,actually nowadays tips for a 90 min massage at a decent joint is really abt 100k vnd.gone were the days where the tips is 30k vnd.

but as for giving away the remaining change as tips,it really depends on wat kind of places.probably impossible to give 50k vnd change as tips when its just eating a bowl of 50k vnd pho bo...:p

btw,next time u stop her from getting the money to pay lor,then u can get back all the change....kekeke....:)

ilovedoggie
17-10-2011, 11:12 PM
hey dude,actually nowadays tips for a 90 min massage at a decent joint is really abt 100k vnd.gone were the days where the tips is 30k vnd.

btw,next time u stop her from getting the money to pay lor,then u can get back all the change....kekeke....:)

haha yea i think 100kd is ok for 90 mins ma xa come to think of it. i was being too particular actually... she gv tips at restaurants in pham ngu lao la... the food not cheap alrdy...

actually i wan to educate her to thrifty. back in her place she's ok but outside she always act like what bros here describe of those vb...:mad:

Golden question
17-10-2011, 11:39 PM
haha yea i think 100kd is ok for 90 mins ma xa come to think of it. i was being too particular actually... she gv tips at restaurants in pham ngu lao la... the food not cheap alrdy...

actually i wan to educate her to thrifty. back in her place she's ok but outside she always act like what bros here describe of those vb...:mad:

continue to be stingy if u think that this will make her think u are not rich and want to save.it might turn out good for u if she follow:cool:

batty
18-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Not all VBs become FLs in Singapore because of poverty. There was a VB who fell and died from a Singaporean Indian man's flat. He claimed she crawled out the window herself and lost her balance. There were no witnesses. Her father came for the trial in Singapore. He was a retired policeman. He said they were not needy and his daughter was looking to earn big easy cash.

Golden question
18-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Not all VBs become FLs in Singapore because of poverty. There was a VB who fell and died from a Singaporean Indian man's flat. He claimed she crawled out the window herself and lost her balance. There were no witnesses. Her father came for the trial in Singapore. He was a retired policeman. He said they were not needy and his daughter was looking to earn big easy cash.

still remember this news,that indian man refuse to let her go after have sex with her and in the end she jump out from the window and die.it happen near my block,sad case

SingViet
18-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Its their tradition to tip every tom, dick or harry that provide services. From the hair dresser to the waitress, everybody needs tips. If you do not tip that fellow, next time you will not be really welcomed when you returned. When i first arrived in VN, i also wonder why need to tip. The service may be much cheaper than singapore, but after tipping, it seems not much difference. But no choice, its just their culture to tip.

SingViet
18-10-2011, 10:48 AM
The next thing to note is that the taxi drivers there always refused to return you the spare change like 1k or 2K VND. They always tell you `no spare change'. This has been the norm since i first arrived there around a decade ago. :eek:

BBSS
18-10-2011, 10:51 AM
The next thing to note is that the taxi drivers there always refused to return you the spare change like 1k or 2K VND. They always tell you `no spare change'. This has been the norm since i first arrived there around a decade ago. :eek:

Bro, I was there last week and we just left the 10+ 20 + K for the taxi driver unless we give them small change. Sibeh Jialat.

jf66312
18-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Its their tradition to tip every tom, dick or harry that provide services. From the hair dresser to the waitress, everybody needs tips. If you do not tip that fellow, next time you will not be really welcomed when you returned. When i first arrived in VN, i also wonder why need to tip. The service may be much cheaper than singapore, but after tipping, it seems not much difference. But no choice, its just their culture to tip.

the US culture is strong there due to the VietCong War period..

thats why... :D

batty
18-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Golden question. No one knows the truth of that true case, except that Indian 'john'. She could have been pushed out of the window(?) I happened to pass by her wake in Joo Chiat at that time. I paid my respects to her. She was in a coffin.

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Tip in hcmc is expensive bcuz got foreigner spoil mkt.tips in province is in terms of small change far less than 50k.

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 05:17 PM
The next thing to note is that the taxi drivers there always refused to return you the spare change like 1k or 2K VND. They always tell you `no spare change'. This has been the norm since i first arrived there around a decade ago.

bro singviet, 1-2k is about 5c or 10c? here in sillypore ppl also sometimes dun take. taxi uncle sometimes also round down for u. :D

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 05:18 PM
the US culture is strong there due to the VietCong War period..

thats why... :D

luckily no american was here in sillypore if not we must tip like mad to every tom, dick and harry in SGD... :D

Golden question
18-10-2011, 06:25 PM
luckily no american was here in sillypore if not we must tip like mad to every tom, dick and harry in SGD... :D

sometime in sg,actually u tip more if eat at resturant and is compulsary service charge of 7% and not forget GST.

Luckily here got LKY aka Harry in sillypore thats why we still can afford to tip tom,dick and harry in vietnam:p:D

SingViet
18-10-2011, 06:31 PM
bro singviet, 1-2k is about 5c or 10c? here in sillypore ppl also sometimes dun take. taxi uncle sometimes also round down for u. :D

Yr time now and my time is different. Exchange rate then was only 7000vnd. I am just illustrating that tipping is standard in Vietnam , not that I cannot afford that small amount. You very rich meh ? Say until like I damm stingy and poor, do yr homework first before you want to suan me.

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Yr time now and my time is different. Exchange rate then was only 7000vnd.

bro singviet, dun get angry, i nvr suan u ler... i thought u typo wrong 10-20k. if 10-20k then i think cannot...:) and u say "next thing to note..." mah... so i thought it's present time.

u r not stingy and poor but i am :D

but i kana b4. nowadays some taxi uncle in hcmc tends to tell u they dun hv change when u gv 200k note. i remember it was about 130k, he gv me 50k back and say no small change of 20k. i got a bit pissed off and told my girl to ask him to find some ways. my girl just say, "aiya give him la"

got one even cheat my friend of 100kd and it's vinasun. my friend was confused with too many 000s. the uncle just kind of snatch the 100k note from his hand... and he just comply... :eek:

now i understand why tipping is a practice in vn liao. :) no wonder ppl say vnmese earn a substantial amount from side income, be it whatever activities they do...

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 06:47 PM
sometime in sg,actually u tip more if eat at resturant and is compulsary service charge of 7% and not forget GST.

Luckily here got LKY aka Harry in sillypore thats why we still can afford to tip tom,dick and harry in vietnam:p:D

is there service charge and gst in the resturant in vn? bcuz i know in most countries nowadays those higher end restaurant will hv. if i dun remember wrongly, those restaurants in PNL got charge...:confused:

Golden question
18-10-2011, 07:14 PM
is there service charge and gst in the resturant in vn? bcuz i know in most countries nowadays those higher end restaurant will hv. if i dun remember wrongly, those restaurants in PNL got charge...:confused:

i mean the resturant in sg,not vietnam:)

Golden question
18-10-2011, 07:17 PM
bro singviet, dun get angry, i nvr suan u ler... i thought u typo wrong 10-20k. if 10-20k then i think cannot...:) and u say "next thing to note..." mah... so i thought it's present time.

u r not stingy and poor but i am

but i kana b4. nowadays some taxi uncle in hcmc tends to tell u they dun hv change when u gv 200k note. i remember it was about 130k, he gv me 50k back and say no small change of 20k. i got a bit pissed off and told my girl to ask him to find some ways. my girl just say, "aiya give him la"

got one even cheat my friend of 100kd and it's vinasun. my friend was confused with too many 000s. the uncle just kind of snatch the 100k note from his hand... and he just comply...

now i understand why tipping is a practice in vn liao. :) no wonder ppl say vnmese earn a substantial amount from side income, be it whatever activities they do...

That was me when i first went in 2004 :eek :D

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 07:29 PM
That was me when i first went in 2004 :eek :D

yes that was my first trip with a friend to vn. i lucky bcuz it's my fren's turn to pay for cab haha... he was kind of pissed off haha...

but even my subsequent trip i still got confused and need a while to think...:o

volcano
18-10-2011, 08:00 PM

it is normally 10% VAT and 5% service charge for restaurants...10% VAT and 10% service charge for clubs.

Golden question
18-10-2011, 08:02 PM
yes that was my first trip with a friend to vn. i lucky bcuz it's my fren's turn to pay for cab haha... he was kind of pissed off haha...

but even my subsequent trip i still got confused and need a while to think...:o

i teach u a easy way,minus off the last 3 zero and u convert to sing dollar

example:15 000 dong change $1 sing
so if 30 000 dong will be $2 sing
20 000 dong will be around $1.30 cents sing

so u minus of the last 3 zero,like that u count easier and not confuse:)

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 10:38 PM
i teach u a easy way,minus off the last 3 zero and u convert to sing dollar

thank u for the tips. actually i tried it but i am slow and stupid. haha... when the situation is a bit gan jiong i tend to confuse also... maybe just not used to too many 000s...:D

Golden question
18-10-2011, 10:56 PM
thank u for the tips. actually i tried it but i am slow and stupid. haha... when the situation is a bit gan jiong i tend to confuse also... maybe just not used to too many 000s...:D

i find that those develop asia country like vietnam,indonesia,cambodia or india like to have a lot of useless zero on their notes.maybe is to impress people that their notes is hundred,thousand or million.

nabei,one USA dollar can 'teh si' their few thousand already haha :D

ilovedoggie
18-10-2011, 11:10 PM
i find that those develop asia country like vietnam,indonesia,cambodia or india like to have a lot of useless zero on their notes.maybe is to impress people that their notes is hundred,thousand or million.

nabei,one USA dollar can 'teh si' their few thousand already haha :D

to be more accurate, US$1 can teh si their twenty thousands liao hahaha... not a few hahaha...

they dun wan ppl call them poor so their 000s help everyone in the country to be millionaire mah

but actually i think... just like bro singviet said.. long time ago... 1-2k is like 10-20k nowadays. if u do the math using DCF method based on their high inflation rate, maybe long time ago 500d can buy a lot of things in vn but not now anymore. that's why it's redundant to have those 000s nowadays. perhaps they should change their notes by omitting the 000s already. i heard indonesia is going to do this.:)

volcano
18-10-2011, 11:39 PM
maybe long time ago 500d can buy a lot of things in vn but not now anymore.

hmmmm....last time 500 dong can buy a rice paper roll selling by the roadside.

but now cost 3000 dong liaoz....:(

Golden question
18-10-2011, 11:41 PM
to be more accurate, US$1 can teh si their twenty thousands liao hahaha... not a few hahaha...

they dun wan ppl call them poor so their 000s help everyone in the country to be millionaire mah

but actually i think... just like bro singviet said.. long time ago... 1-2k is like 10-20k nowadays. if u do the math using DCF method based on their high inflation rate, maybe long time ago 500d can buy a lot of things in vn but not now anymore. that's why it's redundant to have those 000s nowadays. perhaps they should change their notes by omitting the 000s already. i heard indonesia is going to do this.:)

even if there is no high inflation,the average ppl there will still be the same cos corruption is everywhere.inflation only make the people there poorer thats all.anyway they are use to it.

rich will continue to be rich or richer and those poor become poor or poorer cos money will go to those ppl who know how to get money through clean or dirty method:)

Golden question
18-10-2011, 11:44 PM
hmmmm....last time 500 dong can buy a rice paper roll selling by the roadside.

but now cost 3000 dong liaoz....:(

last time in sg,$2 can eat one chicken rice at coffeeshop but now at least $2.50 to $3.

everything go up but salary no go up but down haha:D

Golden question
19-10-2011, 12:20 AM
TAIPEI (AFP) - A woman cut off her husband's penis with a pair of scissors and threw the severed member into a river in revenge for his affair with another woman and his physical abuse, police in Taiwan said Sunday.

The 30-year-old Vietnamese woman, identified only by her surname, Pan, cut off about half her husband's penis at their home in the southern city of Tainan after he took drugs and sleeping pills and fell asleep, police said.

The woman allegedly claimed she had thrown the severed member of her drug-addicted Taiwanese husband into a river before turning herself in.

'She has been taken into custody on charges of assault,' a police officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Golden question
19-10-2011, 12:21 AM
TAIPEI (AFP) - A woman cut off her husband's penis with a pair of scissors and threw the severed member into a river in revenge for his affair with another woman and his physical abuse, police in Taiwan said Sunday.

The 30-year-old Vietnamese woman, identified only by her surname, Pan, cut off about half her husband's penis at their home in the southern city of Tainan after he took drugs and sleeping pills and fell asleep, police said.

The woman allegedly claimed she had thrown the severed member of her drug-addicted Taiwanese husband into a river before turning herself in.

'She has been taken into custody on charges of assault,' a police officer told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Better treat your wife nice hahaha :p:D

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 12:34 AM
TAIPEI (AFP) -

i posted the youtube video on the TV thread. can c her face a bit although she cover with a surgical mask. she look xao enough ... hehe :D

yea better treat your viet wife nice. that's how much they love u when they really love u... exactly what the title of the news described :D

Golden question
19-10-2011, 12:48 AM
i posted the youtube video on the TV thread. can c her face a bit although she cover with a surgical mask. she look xao enough ... hehe :D

yea better treat your viet wife nice. that's how much they love u when they really love u... exactly what the title of the news described :D

doggie,u not scare meh?:p
u now already scare she spike your drink or kidnap u when u went visit her home in the village,so what if 1 day u told her u want to break off with her,she cut away your di di and throw into mekong river for fish to eat how?hahaha:D

Golden question
19-10-2011, 12:53 AM
i think tomorrow i should tell my wife not to cut my di di cos is very pain if 1 day she hate me.Just put poison in her cooking,let me eat and die with white foam coming out from the mouth can already hahaha:D

shysaint
19-10-2011, 09:07 AM
i think tomorrow i should tell my wife not to cut my di di cos is very pain if 1 day she hate me.Just put poison in her cooking,let me eat and die with white foam coming out from the mouth can already hahaha:D

Like that also painful leh .. maybe ugly also :p

Golden question
19-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Like that also painful leh .. maybe ugly also :p

i rather die with foam coming out from mouth than die with no dick :eek::D

BBSS
19-10-2011, 12:37 PM
i rather die with foam coming out from mouth than die with no dick :eek::D

I like this. haha

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 03:48 PM
doggie,u not scare meh?:p
u now already scare she spike your drink or kidnap u when u went visit her home in the village,so what if 1 day u told her u want to break off with her,she cut away your di di and throw into mekong river for fish to eat how?hahaha:D

Got which man not scared with his cu being cut off? Haha...
But I hope my girl won't do this. Now a bit scared though. I think she got spy.quite weird that everytime I go chiong esp west side she will call me. Think I'm banned from my home ground. :(

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 03:54 PM

U think we hv a choice when our vb tie us up with a scissor clipping in her hand? Hahaha...

Did u watch the video? The vb looks like she had a sense of achievement by cat cu-ing her bf.:eek: she even show the hand motion how she did it to the media... Scary.

Better not to tell ur wife abt this or u risk hinting her of such idea haha... Worse she will use it to scare u thereafter haha... Eg. "if u dont come home with an iphone4 I cat cu while u r sleeping tonight!" hahahaha....:D

Golden question
19-10-2011, 04:04 PM
U think we hv a choice when our vb tie us up with a scissor clipping in her hand? Hahaha...

Did u watch the video? The vb looks like she had a sense of achievement by cat cu-ing her bf she even show the hand motion how she did it to the media... Scary.

Better not to tell ur wife abt this or u risk hinting her of such idea haha... Worse she will use it to scare u thereafter haha... Eg. "if u dont come home with an iphone4 I cat cu while u r sleeping tonight!" hahahaha....:D

i will definately show it to her cos she like to see all this funny funny thing haha

she told me before already leh,she will chop off my cock and give our neighbour dog eat if i 'steal eat' outside :p:D

but i think that girl look very happy like got some kind of achivement by doing that during her interview.she really dont look sad and scare

but that man also lah,take drug and abuse her but the scene on the bed with blood stain on it really scare me off :eek:

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 04:13 PM
i will definately show it to her cos she like to see all this funny funny thing haha

she told me before already leh,she will chop off my cock and give our neighbour dog eat if i 'steal eat' outside :p:D

but i think that girl look very happy like got some kind of achivement by doing that during her interview.she really dont look sad and scare

but that man also lah,take drug and abuse her but the scene on the bed with blood stain on it really scare me off :eek:

funny ?! :eek: haha... bro. yea when i watch the video i feel my didi suddenly shrink and hide inside, esp the bed with blood stain scene haha...

Steal eat? i heard vb usually turn a blind eye to their man having fun at ktv/massage parlor/hair saloon but if u start to have no.2,3,4... then better watch out. dont let her find out or risk your cu...

the man is a bit too overboard liao la... not only numbering, but also do drugs, abuse her, take money etc... acting exactly like VN bf?

Golden question
19-10-2011, 04:18 PM
funny ?! :eek: haha... bro. yea when i watch the video i feel my didi suddenly shrink and hide inside, esp the bed with blood stain scene haha...

Steal eat? i heard vb usually turn a blind eye to their man having fun at ktv/massage parlor/hair saloon but if u start to have no.2,3,4... then better watch out. dont let her find out or risk your cu...

the man is a bit too overboard liao la... not only numbering, but also do drugs, abuse her, take money etc... acting exactly like VN bf?

Nabei,must ask DUREX company to invent cast iron condom liao:D
Wear it before we sleep:p

ilovedoggie
19-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Nabei,must ask DUREX company to invent cast iron condom liao:D
Wear it before we sleep:p

wear chastity belt la hahaha... :D