PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Golden question
20-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Of course when my wife threatens me, I am angry. But I do not want my children to be without mother. Vietnamese can be irresponsible parents, but I am Chinese, I cannot be irresponsible. That's why when I move back to Singapore, I feel happier as I need not put up with my in laws that often

nowadays couple try to continue to live together due to children even though not happy with each other.wonder if no children sure divorce one.a lot of sg couple turn to divorce cos i think ENDURE or give and take mindset is no longer important in present society especially sg, but bro singviet,i think u still happy with your marriage till now.

i like the sentence in red.whether after marriage happy or not,u have to be a responsible parents or husband or wife.is true that there is a lot of irresponsible viet parents who dont think of their daughter and would prefer money more than their daughter happiness.

bswuming87
21-04-2011, 10:02 PM
wooohoooooo.. holidays now......... going off to hcm tmr on jetstar evening flight..

leecs
21-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Happy liao lo........:(:(:(

SingViet
22-04-2011, 04:06 PM
nowadays couple try to continue to live together due to children even though not happy with each other.wonder if no children sure divorce one.a lot of sg couple turn to divorce cos i think ENDURE or give and take mindset is no longer important in present society especially sg, but bro singviet,i think u still happy with your marriage till now.

i like the sentence in red.whether after marriage happy or not,u have to be a responsible parents or husband or wife.is true that there is a lot of irresponsible viet parents who dont think of their daughter and would prefer money more than their daughter happiness.

I think that when 2 person of different culture and background come together, there will be a time when we have to adapt to each other, endure and pull thru the difficult times. After that period of time, the couple will get used to each other, trust each other more and enjoy family life. My first few years with my wife was a period of getting used to. Their culture, their way of doing things are all so different from us. The worst being i was staying in Vietnam and often i felt i was being `bullied' by my wife and her family. That's why i flew back to Singapore every 10 to 12 days there. I'm so often at the airport till i knew the airport and airline staff quite well. Back in Singapore for a few days, i will feel relax and energised. After that, i will fly back to Vietnam to `face the challenge'. But i never gave up, i always explained to my wife about the different things in Singapore, our thinking etc. I also explained to her about the chinese culture and our beliefs and how we are different from the vietnamese. I log on the internet daily to show my wife Singapore news, explained to her how these things happened. In simple words, lots of communication.

Year 2005, i brought my wife back to Singapore for 6 months. We stayed with my parents. But my wife was not quite used to staying with my parents. After 6 months, we shifted back to Vietnam. Life in Vietnam is nice, not much stress and good. But seeing my kids only learning tieng viet, i felt worried. I do not want my kids to grow up like the normal vietnamese. I am Singaporean, my children should be receiving good quality bilingual education. I went to the Singapore International School in Saigon and was quite shocked by their fees. Mid year 2007, i brought my whole family back to Singapore. I told my wife that we need to be concerned about my children's education. Business there can be handed by staff and frequent flying over. My children came back and i sent them to play grp and after some time, i see them making progress, speaking more english and mandarin, i felt relieved . I am happy with my wife and family, we spend time together daily and i have also learnt to `CLOSE ONE EYE' . I know my wife is still worried that her parents may not have enough money to spend, but i know she cares more for our own family. She knows well that she cannot keep helping her lazy siblings who refused to work and stay home to `shake leg'.

My own experiences tell me that the initial few years of marriage is about adapting to each other and enduring. If a couple can overcome that period of time and understand each other more, then the marriage will go on. Communication is very important. :D

SingViet
22-04-2011, 04:11 PM
wooohoooooo.. holidays now......... going off to hcm tmr on jetstar evening flight..

Have a good time bro. :D

leecs
22-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I think that when 2 person of different culture and background come together, there will be a time when we have to adapt to each other, endure and pull thru the difficult times. After that period of time, the couple will get used to each other, trust each other more and enjoy family life. My first few years with my wife was a period of getting used to. Their culture, their way of doing things are all so different from us. The worst being i was staying in Vietnam and often i felt i was being `bullied' by my wife and her family. That's why i flew back to Singapore every 10 to 12 days there. I'm so often at the airport till i knew the airport and airline staff quite well. Back in Singapore for a few days, i will feel relax and energised. After that, i will fly back to Vietnam to `face the challenge'. But i never gave up, i always explained to my wife about the different things in Singapore, our thinking etc. I also explained to her about the chinese culture and our beliefs and how we are different from the vietnamese. I log on the internet daily to show my wife Singapore news, explained to her how these things happened. In simple words, lots of communication.

Year 2005, i brought my wife back to Singapore for 6 months. We stayed with my parents. But my wife was not quite used to staying with my parents. After 6 months, we shifted back to Vietnam. Life in Vietnam is nice, not much stress and good. But seeing my kids only learning tieng viet, i felt worried. I do not want my kids to grow up like the normal vietnamese. I am Singaporean, my children should be receiving good quality bilingual education. I went to the Singapore International School in Saigon and was quite shocked by their fees. Mid year 2007, i brought my whole family back to Singapore. I told my wife that we need to be concerned about my children's education. Business there can be handed by staff and frequent flying over. My children came back and i sent them to play grp and after some time, i see them making progress, speaking more english and mandarin, i felt relieved . I am happy with my wife and family, we spend time together daily and i have also learnt to `CLOSE ONE EYE' . I know my wife is still worried that her parents may not have enough money to spend, but i know she cares more for our own family. She knows well that she cannot keep helping her lazy siblings who refused to work and stay home to `shake leg'.

My own experiences tell me that the initial few years of marriage is about adapting to each other and enduring. If a couple can overcome that period of time and understand each other more, then the marriage will go on. Communication is very important. :D

http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/13/cool-story-bro.jpg

batty
22-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi SingViet and other brothers who married Vietnamese wives. How are their cooking? Can they cook? Do they cook Vietnamese or local Singaporean food? Wishing all bros and SingViet many years of marital and family happiness.

shysaint
22-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I went to the Singapore International School in Saigon and was quite shocked by their fees.

Bro SingViet ...

Yes , the school fees are indeed very SHOCKING !!! ...

I enquire about Singapore Intenational School (SIS) ... Piangzzz .. Fainted ...

Pre-school is USD4000 per academic year and EXCLUDE many other things ...
Primary School can stretched up to USD8000 per academic Year .... :eek:

Your sharings are indeed very beneficial to us .... :)

jameschong1
22-04-2011, 05:20 PM
true enough...my girlfriend threaten to breakoff many many times. Now she keep on asking when will get married :)
=======
U are the one give $$$, they should understand u, not u try to understand them, stupid!
U give $$$, u are the boss!
U give $$$, u talk they listen!
If u still cannot understand, countinue to give $$$ and understand, stupid!

SingViet
22-04-2011, 07:00 PM
=======
U are the one give $$$, they should understand u, not u try to understand them, stupid!

hey bro stupid, i love yr stupid comments. Well done stupid :D

SingViet
22-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi SingViet and other brothers who married Vietnamese wives. How are their cooking? Can they cook? Do they cook Vietnamese or local Singaporean food? Wishing all bros and SingViet many years of marital and family happiness.

it really depends bro. They are still very much into their viet dishes. If you want them to cook chinese food, u got to teach them :)

shysaint
22-04-2011, 09:36 PM
=======

u think $$$ are Everything .... Not only You are Stupid ... you are also Naive ...

Only Stupid People will give Stupid comments .... :p

Anyway, Why are you so Stupid to come here :confused:

Golden question
23-04-2011, 12:03 AM

my wife cook more to those economical rice dishes which u found at coffee shop or hawker center.not to those extreme kind of viet dishes.maybe she know what i eat already.but when she first cook for me,those dishes is too salty or sweet,and i ask her to reduce it cos no good for health.they like to eat a lot of vegetable.they like to eat PORK and Beef.i dont know why but i prefer chicken:D .so maybe u will expect something like that in the inital stage

Golden question
23-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Most viet know how to cook compare to sg girl who dont even want to go wet market.like what people say,in order to conquer a man,u have to conquer his stomach first,nothing beat a warm family meal when u are back in house after a tiring work day:D

carmeo88
23-04-2011, 07:43 AM
=======

U got money so wat, they also require respect! Stupid!

Golden question
23-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Thanks for sharing bro,learn a lot from you from your real life story

KangTuo
23-04-2011, 02:47 PM
=======

increase your rep points in the red direction for this stupid comment... you high class property agent... :rolleyes::mad:

miua55555
23-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Bro SingViet ...

Wahhhhhh .... faintz*

sn0w
23-04-2011, 03:05 PM
=======

than why don't you give us money mr stupid?
or i give you money and lick of rim for me mr stupid?
people give comments and it bothers you jameschong1 the stupid!!
i think you are the most stupid samster in this forum to post such a stupid stuff.
in due time the children of yours will be as stupid as you as they got a stupid father like you.
got it stupid?

magixskin
23-04-2011, 09:19 PM
=======

Stupid idiot nonsense!

jameschong1
26-04-2011, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=sn0w;5876130]in due time the children of yours will be as stupid as you as they got a stupid father like you.
=========
my children stupid? blame it on your sister lor, stupid!

SingViet
27-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Bro SingViet ...

If school fees are that high, i will expect quite a number of Singporean trained teachers there, but instead, i see lots of filipinos.... i won't want to pay that sort of school fees and next time my children start to speak with the filipino accent.... `tac-xi' (taxi) or `come bak (back) ' and start calling everyone `mum' and `sir' :D

SingViet
27-04-2011, 10:15 AM
If not considering my children's education, i may still be staying in Vietnam. But each country has its strong and weak points, depending on yr needs and wants.

sn0w
27-04-2011, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=sn0w;5876130]my children stupid? blame it on your sister lor, stupid!

trying to irritate me? i don't take that little bastxxd. :cool:

songest
27-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Just ignore this famous or shld I say notorious jameschong1, he thrives on replying to our replies, so if none reply to him, he will be doing a boring monologue and will just fade into oblivion and reincarnate as a new nick.

Reoxy
27-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Well, if bros here are so affected by his comments, can zap him into oblivion loh...zap until he cannot 投胎.

oneharu
27-04-2011, 06:40 PM
yes bro, i agreed! im a corporate staff & i married a vietnam gal. cos sg gal is fuck up...

jasonhost
27-04-2011, 08:05 PM
=======

Wow.... Been away awhile and it seems this thread getting hot here.....

shysaint
27-04-2011, 09:55 PM
If school fees are that high, i will expect quite a number of Singporean trained teachers there, but instead, i see lots of filipinos.... i won't want to pay that sort of school fees and next time my children start to speak with the filipino accent.... `tac-xi' (taxi) or `come bak (back) ' and start calling everyone `mum' and `sir' :D

YES, it is that High .....

Philippinosssssssssss .... Serious :eek: hmmm .. then thats not worth the $$$ ....

In the SIS launching problem .. they never show philippino .. instead , they show most of the lecturers are Ang Mos .....

SingViet
28-04-2011, 08:23 AM
YES, it is that High .....

Philippinosssssssssss .... Serious :eek: hmmm .. then thats not worth the $$$ ....

In the SIS launching problem .. they never show philippino .. instead , they show most of the lecturers are Ang Mos .....

haha, i know the school fees are that high. Maybe i should rephrase my english to `for me to pay such high fees, i will expect them to have majority Singapore trained teachers.' There are a lot of private institutions in Singapore that use Ang Moh when they advertise, but when the students get enrolled into the school, what they see are mostly india indians or filipinos.

shysaint
28-04-2011, 12:46 PM
haha, i know the school fees are that high. Maybe i should rephrase my english to `for me to pay such high fees, i will expect them to have majority Singapore trained teachers.' There are a lot of private institutions in Singapore that use Ang Moh when they advertise, but when the students get enrolled into the school, what they see are mostly india indians or filipinos.

If can study in Singapore , that will be the best option ....

fcukger
28-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Well, if bros here are so affected by his comments, can zap him into oblivion loh...zap until he cannot 投胎.

lolx... nice signature u have... once they are negative jus ignored can liao la... we shldnt spoilt over mood over this clones or remarks... why bother rite?? :D

SingViet
28-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Let me share another aspect of vietnamese spouse. My wife likes to buy clothes, not those super expensive ones, but its also not that cheap. Every month, she will spend a few hundred dollars on clothes. She always tell me that she doesn't like to wear the same thing over and over again, so its her habit to change her dressing frequently. But what i have realised, when she change her clothes, all the `not so old' clothes, often just a few months old, will go to her sisters in Vietnam. When we are back in Saigon, she will tell me she wants to meet up with her sisters, and they will make their way up to saigon to meet us. When the sister (my wife has 3 sisters, 2 are poor and 1 is married to a rich viet), either one of the poor ones meet us in saigon, i will find them dressed in clothings that i bought for my wife not long ago. The sister will stay for a day or two with us, come empty handed but returned a bag full. Sometimes i am a bit angry, but i thought if my wife is happy, i just `close one eye'. I am sure many bros with viet spouse will find their spouse doing the same thing. What to do? Its their way of `taking care of their siblings' :D

KangTuo
28-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Let me share another aspect of vietnamese spouse. My wife likes to buy clothes, not those super expensive ones, but its also not that cheap. Every month, she will spend a few hundred dollars on clothes. She always tell me that she doesn't like to wear the same thing over and over again, so its her habit to change her dressing frequently. But what i have realised, when she change her clothes, all the `not so old' clothes, often just a few months old, will go to her sisters in Vietnam. When we are back in Saigon, she will tell me she wants to meet up with her sisters, and they will make their way up to saigon to meet us. When the sister (my wife has 3 sisters, 2 are poor and 1 is married to a rich viet), either one of the poor ones meet us in saigon, i will find them dressed in clothings that i bought for my wife not long ago. The sister will stay for a day or two with us, come empty handed but returned a bag full. Sometimes i am a bit angry, but i thought if my wife is happy, i just `close one eye'. I am sure many bros with viet spouse will find their spouse doing the same thing. What to do? Its their way of `taking care of their siblings' :D

same as my bro wife. Buy branded stuff and use few times.
180 degree different from my girlfriend. Just take what people give or don't want already.

SingViet
28-04-2011, 05:59 PM
same as my bro wife. Buy branded stuff and use few times.
180 degree different from my girlfriend. Just take what people give or don't want already.

The clothings my wife buy not that branded la. One set around $100+ but each time buy 2 or 3 sets. If my wife buys branded like Prada or LV and give to her sisters after a short time, I will explode. yr gf good la, treasure her .

volcano
28-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Let me share another aspect of vietnamese spouse. My wife likes to buy clothes, not those super expensive ones, but its also not that cheap.I am sure many bros with viet spouse will find their spouse doing the same thing. What to do? Its their way of `taking care of their siblings' :D

hi bro Singviet....after reading so many 'misfortune' that u encounter from ur wife's family members....i am say that i am really a lucky fellow....few years with my wife already n her family members have never try to take advantage of me....n best of all,i do not have to take care of my wife's family members but just my wife alone....

my wife do like buying clothes as well,bcos i think Vietnamese gals really hates wearing the same clothes over n over again....but her clothes r not really expensive....a set of her clothes probably cost 1 million vnd....whenever her 2nd sister saw that my wife has new clothes or shoes....she will try to persuade my wife to give her those that r maybe 1-2 months old....but my wife will say a very affirmative NO unless that blouse is less than 100k...:)

btw....Vietnamese gals also like to buy shoes....i just change a new shoe cabinet bcos the old one is not big enough to store the shoes of my wife...:eek:

Golden question
29-04-2011, 12:32 AM

bro,totally agree with u,my wife also like to buy a lot and seldom wear but lucky those this fashion clothes,so i still can afford cos i try not to bring her to orchard :D.i think is girl thinking that clothes is always not enough and they will buy if they like even though they have tons of clothes at home and seldom wear.so evertime i am the one who carry those big and small luggage back to vietnam :mad:

we even quarrel many time when we go back and i even thinking of taking different flight back cos i dont like to carry a lot when going oversea.

My wife like to buy many things back even though some can be found there,but she always say,sg things quality is good compare to vietnam and some is cheap but till now i still dont understand why she want to buy so many things when going back:(

Golden question
29-04-2011, 12:39 AM
And one thing i dont understand is my wife like to change new or 2nd hand handphone.she have already change 3 to 4 type of different type of hp when she was here on the 1st year.i only change mine if spolit.she give her mother or sister use those hp which is more high tech than me:eek:

SingViet
29-04-2011, 08:11 AM
hi bro Singviet....after reading so many 'misfortune' that u encounter from ur wife's family members....i am say that i am really a lucky fellow....few years with my wife already n her family members have never try to take advantage of me....n best of all,i do not have to take care of my wife's family members but just my wife alone....

my wife do like buying clothes as well,bcos i think Vietnamese gals really hates wearing the same clothes over n over again....but her clothes r not really expensive....a set of her clothes probably cost 1 million vnd....whenever her 2nd sister saw that my wife has new clothes or shoes....she will try to persuade my wife to give her those that r maybe 1-2 months old....but my wife will say a very affirmative NO unless that blouse is less than 100k...:)

btw....Vietnamese gals also like to buy shoes....i just change a new shoe cabinet bcos the old one is not big enough to store the shoes of my wife...:eek:

Hi bro. I do not think that those incidents are misfortune. Different person show different traits, and are very much different in many ways. Yes, my wife is still concerned about her family, but compared to when we first got married 8 years ago, its very much lesser. The thing is that her mother and siblings are somewhat quite greedy (quite common with those province vietnamese), but i have also shown them that they can't `squeeze' much out of me.

On the other hand, my wife has proven her worth for the past many years with me. She bore me 3 wonderful children and assisted me in my vn business, she plays a major role in improving my family's life. The most touching part was how she took care of me when i underwent a major spinal surgery at FV Hospital. From collasping at Tan Son Nhat Airport to admitted to FV hospital to Surgery to the 1 year plus of aftercare till now, my wife has really shown me that she is a very good wife.

I am fortunate to have such a good wife, despite her having some minor weakness for her family. In a marriage, its always `give and take' .

SingViet
29-04-2011, 08:19 AM
And one thing i dont understand is my wife like to change new or 2nd hand handphone.she have already change 3 to 4 type of different type of hp when she was here on the 1st year.i only change mine if spolit.she give her mother or sister use those hp which is more high tech than me:eek:

tell me about this. My wife is always up-to-date with handphone technology. She changes hp every 10 months or so, from Iphone 3 to Iphone 4, she's always getting the latest. When she bought Iphone 4, she brought back Iphone 3 to vietnam and gave it to her sister. Same with all other handphones. Her mother, her 2 sisters and 1 brother are all using her `old' handphones. By the way, my wife has 2 handphones and 2 lines. 1 is for our vn business associates to call her and the other is personal. :D

Hurricane88
29-04-2011, 09:26 AM

btw....Vietnamese gals also like to buy shoes....i just change a new shoe cabinet bcos the old one is not big enough to store the shoes of my wife...

this are gers traits that show their ego...onli those who can afford can do so...those with foreign hubby/bf...all these are to show off hubby face...in fact you should be happy...:)

once again...you cannot blame them if they can afford it...the gers had not been able to afford much things formerly...as long as they dun go spent lavishly is ok....:)

ekemono
30-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I am sure many bros with viet spouse will find their spouse doing the same thing. What to do? Its their way of `taking care of their siblings' :D

Yes... and bags, hand phones, gold jewellery.
I used to get angry in the past but have to learn to live with it now.
At times when we see some ladies items worth buying, I even ask her to buy extra for her siblings and mother-in-law.

SingViet
30-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes... and bags, hand phones, gold jewellery.
I used to get angry in the past but have to learn to live with it now.
At times when we see some ladies items worth buying, I even ask her to buy extra for her siblings and mother-in-law.

hahhah bro, this is their culture and their way of doing things. I have also learnt to close one eye so as to ensure family happiness. `closing one eye' is alright as long as the things and items involved are not too many and doesn't cost too much. I was having lunch with my wife yesterday and we had a discussion about her family. My wife told me that her useless, lazy bum sister told her over the phone the other day and told her to look for a job as she heard that working in Singapore can earn much more than Vietnam. The lazy sister told my wife that my wife shouldn't help me in my business and should go look for a job, earn money and send the monthly pay home to help her and the mother. Damm.... my blood boils and i heard that. I kept my calm and asked my wife `do you think you should do that?' my wife answered `why should i do that to help my lazy sister? My mum has a lot of land, she's not poor, no need for me to do that.' it was such a relieved when i heard her answer. :D

shysaint
30-04-2011, 09:35 AM
hahhah bro, this is their culture and their way of doing things. I have also learnt to close one eye so as to ensure family happiness. `closing one eye' is alright as long as the things items involved are not too many and doesn't cost too much. I was having lunch with my wife yesterday and we had a discussion about her family. My wife told me that her useless, lazy bum sister told her over the phone the other day and told her to look for a job as she heard that working in Singapore can earn much more than singapore. The lazy sister told my wife that my wife shouldn't help me in my business and should go look for a job, earn money and send the pay home to help her and the mother. Damm.... my blood boils and i heard that. I kept my calm and asked my wife `do you think you should do that?' my wife answered `why should i do that to help my lazy sister? My mum has a lot of land, she's not poor, no need for me to do that.' it was such a relieved when i heard her answer. :D

Your Wife is Really Good .... cheers :)

Golden question
30-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi bro. I do not think that those incidents are misfortune. Different person show different traits, and are very much different in many ways. Yes, my wife is still concerned about her family, but compared to when we first got married 8 years ago, its very much lesser. The thing is that her mother and siblings are somewhat quite greedy (quite common with those province vietnamese), but i have also shown them that they can't `squeeze' much out of me.

On the other hand, my wife has proven her worth for the past many years with me. She bore me 3 wonderful children and assisted me in my vn business, she plays a major role in improving my family's life. The most touching part was how she took care of me when i underwent a major spinal surgery at FV Hospital. From collasping at Tan Son Nhat Airport to admitted to FV hospital to Surgery to the 1 year plus of aftercare till now, my wife has really shown me that she is a very good wife.

I am fortunate to have such a good wife, despite her having some minor weakness for her family. In a marriage, its always `give and take' .

yah bro,your touching story remind me of my own and just like to share.last year,my dad underwent a leg operation and have to stay in hospital.my wife actually bring a small pail with a towel to my dad ward to help him to wash his hair and face without telling me she is going in the early morning before going to work.

my aunt who is the first time who saw her when she reach the ward was touch by what she was doing.my sis told me that she is actually taking her effort to understand my dad and help him to wash up cos he cant walk.she say no sg girl or wife will do that and even she herself say that she did not think of that and was surprise that she actually go the extra mile to do that.

if my aunt have not told my sis and she did not tell me,i will not know cos she never mention to me.when i ask her why she do that,she just told me that she pity my father and worry that nobody will help him wash her hair and face and he will feel uncomfortabe.

i guess the best wife that any guy hope to have is that lady who can go through thick and thin with you no matter where or what.

Hurricane88
30-04-2011, 12:11 PM
yah bro,your touching story remind me of my own and just like to share.last year,my dad underwent a leg operation and have to stay in hospital.my wife actually bring a small pail with a towel to my dad ward to help him to wash his hair and face without telling me she is going in the early morning before going to work.

my aunt who is the first time who saw her when she reach the ward was touch by what she was doing.my sis told me that she is actually taking her effort to understand my dad and help him to wash up cos he cant walk.she say no sg girl or wife will do that and even she herself say that she did not think of that and was surprise that she actually go the extra mile to do that.

if my aunt have not told my sis and she did not tell me,i will not know cos she never mention to me.when i ask her why she do that,she just told me that she pity my father and worry that nobody will help him wash her hair and face and he will feel uncomfortabe.

i guess the best wife that any guy hope to have is that lady who can go through thick and thin with you no matter where or what.

ask a sinkie ger to do so and she will say hire a maid to do lor...even some Vn ger will not do it anymore...so you are lucky to marry such a good ger...wish you all the best in your marriage...:)

miua55555
30-04-2011, 01:35 PM

According to my gf, it is machiam their culture. His father also go to friend's house .. and return with a chihuahua. LOLx. :D

it's very similar to a chinese tradition -- li shan wan lai.

SingViet
30-04-2011, 02:46 PM
According to my gf, it is machiam their culture. His father also go to friend's house .. and return with a chihuahua. LOLx. :D

it's very similar to a chinese tradition -- li shan wan lai.

this call li shan wan lai ? from the last many years till now, its only 1 way traffic, only i give them, they never even give my children 2 dong li xi :confused:

30-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I am sure many bros with viet spouse will find their spouse doing the same thing. What to do? Its their way of `taking care of their siblings' :D

Bro big thanks for all ur effort, u indeed give us strenght to go on.

Yes my gf also tends to take care her family a lot, & even keep on donating to poor ppl with her money earned at ktv, saying tat they don have rice to eat! But after few times I told her tat "they don have rice to eat, after u finish ur money who give u rice to eat?", she sort of starting to change. Now that she has stopped work & I'm trying to get her to study facial / cosmetic so tat she can work.

As for previous bros' queries, yes viet girls can cook very well. She even learns to cook western food as she knows that I love western food.

Good luck all bros.:)

shysaint
30-04-2011, 06:21 PM
As for previous bros' queries, yes viet girls can cook very well. She even learns to cook western food as she knows that I love western food.

Sighz ... So Good ... My Wife Cannot Cook and also Lazy to Learn Cooking ....

batty
01-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi SingViet. I once met a Mr Nyuyen from Vietnam. He's working in Singapore. He told me that his Vietnamese wife staying in Vietnam never asked him for money once! Looks like Vietnamese wives 'see face' (look at the situation and act accordingly).

About education in Vietnam, he said that his Vietnamese friend saw an average primary school in Singapore and was very impressed. He said it is much better than Hanoi University. (I feel that most important are the quality and attitude of the teachers. Having advanced schooling facilities helps).

Women buying clothes often are common. My mother, a Singaporean Chinese woman, has lots of expensive clothes which she very seldom use. She and my wife, another Singaporean Chinese woman, will donate their out of fashion but useable clothes to their maids about twice a year. These clothes are not even well worn.

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi SingViet. I once met a Mr Nyuyen from Vietnam. He's working in Singapore. He told me that his Vietnamese wife staying in Vietnam never asked him for money once! Looks like Vietnamese wives 'see face' (look at the situation and act accordingly).

think the wife is capable and able to earn her own money...or practically rich family because for Vn men to work in Sinkie means that guy is a graduate and skilled employee which only rich family can have sons that can afford to go expensive university abroad...in fact is not good idea to leave a young wife in Vn after marriage...bound to attract alot of horny men who preyed on wives whose husband not around for long...:)

SingViet
01-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Normal province vietnamese ladies tend to look at Vietnamese man and foreigner man in different perspective. Foreigner man are always deem much richer than local vietnamese man and thus more able to support them financially.

The rich and the poor in Vietnam tend to be very much different. The rich are with more pride and will not want to take any from their daughters even when she marries a foreigner. Many times, they know that they are even richer than the foreigner son-in-law. Its just that the poor vietnamese always will view foreigners differently. Getting a foreigner son-in-law is like a promise of a life time of money coming to them without working.

By the way, its Mr Nguyen...... not Mr Nyuyen. :D

SingViet
01-05-2011, 08:21 AM
...in fact is not good idea to leave a young wife in Vn after marriage...bound to attract alot of horny men who preyed on wives whose husband not around for long...:)

off track a bit, bros got to be a bit careful. Nowadays in Singapore got a lot of SWM. These SWM like to prey on asian ladies. I remember many times, when i leave my wife's side for a while to go gents, then will have a SWM will try to approach my wife to tackle her and my wife is totally sick of SWM. I was at the airport 2 weeks back, i went to gents and my wife was waiting for me outside. When i came out, i saw a SWM trying to talk to my wife and my wife was digusted with him. I walked over and asked him ` what do you want?' the SWM said `nothing, just asking directions' and i told him `can't you read english , stupid? get lost!' the SWM just walked away. Later, i realised we were on the same flight towards Saigon... hahahah

SingViet
01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Sighz ... So Good ... My Wife Cannot Cook and also Lazy to Learn Cooking ....

Its alright bro. Different ladies are strong in different areas. I remember when i first married my wife, she's also those type that doesn't like to cook. At the time i was staying in VN. I got to employ a cook to cook for my family for lunch and dinner daily. After we came back Singapore, we stayed alone and because of children, my wife started to learn to cook. For the past 2 years, after my parents moved in with me, my wife learnt to cook a lot of chinese dishes from my mum. Now, my wife cooks daily and enjoy cooking. But of course, one of the reasons being my maid also cannot cook. ;)

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
off track a bit, bros got to be a bit careful. Nowadays in Singapore got a lot of SWM. These SWM like to prey on asian ladies. I remember many times, when i leave my wife's side for a while to go gents, then will have a SWM will try to approach my wife to tackle her and my wife is totally sick of SWM. I was at the airport 2 weeks back, i went to gents and my wife was waiting for me outside. When i came out, i saw a SWM trying to talk to my wife and my wife was digusted with him. I walked over and asked him ` what do you want?' the SWM said `nothing, just asking directions' and i told him `can't you read english , stupid? get lost!' the SWM just walked away. Later, i realised we were on the same flight towards Saigon... hahahah

haha...thank you for bring this up...I do realised this more than 4 yrs ago...my ger dun speak english and very afraid of SWM...so always tend to ignore them...:)

I dun choose Vn gers that can speak English or Mandarin...these girls have more options and tend to sway when they exposed...:p

My 1st ex can speak cantonese...broke off after 2 years...
My 2nd ex can only speak Tieng Viet but broke off with me to go with a Viet Kieu after 9 months...seems that the Viet Kieus offer much much more money to her than me...

Now I am free to chiong...will take my time to choose before commit...plenty of targets...now I wait to see what are the gers offering me....hihi...:)

shysaint
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Its alright bro. Different ladies are strong in different areas. I remember when i first married my wife, she's also those type that doesn't like to cook. At the time i was staying in VN. I got to employ a cook to cook for my family for lunch and dinner daily. After we came back Singapore, we stayed alone and because of children, my wife started to learn to cook. For the past 2 years, after my parents moved in with me, my wife learnt to cook a lot of chinese dishes from my mum. Now, my wife cooks daily and enjoy cooking. But of course, one of the reasons being my maid also cannot cook. ;)

Bro SV ...

hope my BX will reach your BX's level .... :p

shysaint
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
off track a bit, bros got to be a bit careful. Nowadays in Singapore got a lot of SWM.

Bro ...

Simi si SWM :confused:

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Bro ...

Simi si SWM :confused:

Stupid White Men la...:)

jackbl
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I kept my calm and asked my wife `do you think you should do that?' my wife answered `why should i do that to help my lazy sister? My mum has a lot of land, she's not poor, no need for me to do that.' it was such a relieved when i heard her answer. :D

Your wife is sensible... Why go outside and struggle and then the $$$ go to another person's pocket??? :D

jackbl
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM

Congrats to you too!

jackbl
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
this call li shan wan lai ? from the last many years till now, its only 1 way traffic, only i give them, they never even give my children 2 dong li xi :confused:

You give them $$$ they give u TROUBLE!!! 恩将仇报

robocock
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Stupid White Men la...:)

SWM used to be in fashion long long time ago..now only those stupid SPG still likes them... thinking they are rich! The fact is that these SWM nowadays is nothing compared to the chinese tow kays already, and most of them probably have Chinese bosses!!!

miua55555
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM

that's bcos they jialat lor... different family works differently imo.

SingViet
02-05-2011, 09:20 AM
that's bcos they jialat lor... different family works differently imo.

Yes , you are right to say different families work differently. But my real life experience is what majority of these normal viets from the province does. Every Singaporean man that marries a viet spouse will think that their in-laws are not what is potrayed. Take some time, observe and experience. After some years, if you are still with your wife, you will know and will have learnt how to handle them. But in the meantime, if you are not married to one yet, you are surely not experienced enuff to comment on the differences. ;)

SingViet
02-05-2011, 09:23 AM
SWM used to be in fashion long long time ago..now only those stupid SPG still likes them... thinking they are rich! The fact is that these SWM nowadays is nothing compared to the chinese tow kays already, and most of them probably have Chinese bosses!!!

hahha. But this is just singapore. It started off with some SWM in Singapore who cannot afford cars, so they bought a bicycle and some `cool' outfit to match the bicycle. After some time, you find lots of singaporeans thinking that the SWM is damm cool and started following them. This is just singapore, they never realise that SWM are not in fashion anymore. They have weak economies, they suffer from declining strength of currencies, declining purchasing power, and yet they still think they are the best. Uniquely Singapore :D

Hurricane88
02-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes , you are right to say different families work differently. But my real life experience is what majority of these normal viets from the province does. Every Singaporean man that marries a viet spouse will think that their in-laws are not what is potrayed. Take some time, observe and experience. After some years, if you are still with your wife, you will know and will have learnt how to handle them. But in the meantime, if you are not married to one yet, you are surely not experienced enuff to comment on the differences. ;)

agreed...my 1st ex mother always cum to ask daughters for money....mother dun care how they earn but expect to get...my ex only give her greedy mother 1mil per month...her mother 50+ still remarry another husband who cannot afford to support her...what kind of drama is this...:confused::p

Golden question
02-05-2011, 11:31 AM
agreed...my 1st ex mother always cum to ask daughters for money....mother dun care how they earn but expect to get...my ex only give her greedy mother 1mil per month...her mother 50+ still remarry another husband who cannot afford to support her...what kind of drama is this...:confused::p

bro hurricane,is in deed very drama in vietnam.my wife yesterday just told me her father throw her mom in hospital when her mother give birth to her.her mother have to leave the hospital carrying her back to her house.after few months later,her father return but was chase away by her mum as he was with another girl.

on that day we marry,he was invited with his son from another wife and her mom does not scold him but talk to him but on the day he die,her mom refuse to go.my wife actually went back to attend to his funneral things and stand there as her daughter to greet people who came to pay respect to him even though he have not give a single cents or give any care to her since she was born.

that say that viet man mostly is useless and prefer woman outside than supporting his family which i call IRRESPONSIBLE :mad:

SureScore
02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
that say that viet man mostly is useless and prefer woman outside than supporting his family which i call IRRESPONSIBLE :mad:

Fully agreed. Good sharing.

Hurricane88
02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
bro hurricane,is in deed very drama in vietnam.my wife yesterday just told me her father throw her mom in hospital when her mother give birth to her.her mother have to leave the hospital carrying her back to her house.after few months later,her father return but was chase away by her mum as he was with another girl.

on that day we marry,he was invited with his son from another wife and her mom does not scold him but talk to him but on the day he die,her mom refuse to go.my wife actually went back to attend to his funneral things and stand there as her daughter to greet people who came to pay respect to him even though he have not give a single cents or give any care to her since she was born.

haha...reali need to be there in Vn and stay there to see what the drama showing now...vn guys are a usually a bunch of useless fools...my ex elder bro also kept asking my ex and younger sis to give him money...both sisters bought a handphone for him and used xe om...all these dun last more than 1-3 months...was sold and $$$ dun even know go where...still there are plenty of gers want to be with him...ultimately both sisters ignored him and then he forced to go out to find work...otherwise no money...you can imagine all these drama...sianzz...:p

another case, whereby a 25yr old ger fought with a 21yr old friend at their working place because the bf slept with the 21yr old friend when she was away in the province...after that the bf still can stay together with the 25yr old as though nothing happens...haha...imagine all these drama...btw,both gers are stlll working in the same place...hahaha....what a big drama...:p:confused:

make sure you go to Vn and observes before commit yourself to long term relationship...nvr allow small head overides big head...^_^

happy000
02-05-2011, 03:47 PM
No wonder their GDP is so small as compared to Singapore.

According to IMF, the GDP at purchasing power parity for 2010:

Vietnam 3,134 (per capita) 103,574 (per country)
Singapore 56,522 (per capita) 222,699 (per country)

We should be proud of Singapore - a small country with a tiny population and yet our GDP in term of
per capita or per country are much way ahead of Vietnam whose population is at least 10 times bigger than us. :)
Our economy is at least one time bigger than them.

robocock
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
No wonder their GDP is so small as compared to Singapore.

According to IMF, the GDP at purchasing power parity for 2010:

Vietnam 3,134 (per capita) 103,574 (per country)
Singapore 56,522 (per capita) 222,699 (per country)

We should be proud of Singapore - a small country with a tiny population and yet our GDP in term of
per capita or per country are much way ahead of Vietnam whose population is at least 10 times bigger than us. :)
Our economy is at least one time bigger than them.

I think the populations size of Vietnam vs Singapore is 20 times more, and land size at least 200 times more.

robocock
02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
hahha. But this is just singapore. It started off with some SWM in Singapore who cannot afford cars, so they bought a bicycle and some `cool' outfit to match the bicycle. After some time, you find lots of singaporeans thinking that the SWM is damm cool and started following them. This is just singapore, they never realise that SWM are not in fashion anymore. They have weak economies, they suffer from declining strength of currencies, declining purchasing power, and yet they still think they are the best. Uniquely Singapore :D

In my last trip to Hanoi with some friends, 2 very interesting things happened. I was having dinner with some Viet people and they said that Vietnamese usually have very low opinions of SWM because they all think SWM=Backpacker=too poor and too smelly!!!

The other incident was rather interesting.. i was at a citibank teller withdrawing some cash.. then this Ang Mo came behind me, looking very impatient... so i took my time withdraw VND3mil a few times... he got really impatient and asked me how much more I am withdrawing... I said "why must i tell u!!???" So he said..."I am in a hurry..." and i said "Is that my problem!!???". So then suddenly the screen says No more cash... i step aside and let him have a go... he put in his card.. punch PIN... and got a NO more cash message...wah ha ha ha!!!

SingViet
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
i step aside and let him have a go... he put in his card.. punch PIN... and got a NO more cash message...wah ha ha ha!!!

haha, good one. :D

Honey Boon
03-05-2011, 12:05 PM
so your wife cannot blame you if you hug the wrong person from the back or when it is dark....... :p

SingViet
03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
so your wife cannot blame you if you hug the wrong person from the back or when it is dark....... :p

i won't be that desperate till i need to hug her sisters.... no interest in them at all. :D

SureScore
03-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Bro SingViet wun make such mistake, her wife must be a beauty.

i won't be that desperate till i need to hug her sisters.... no interest in them at all. :D

Must be fat and ugly.

SingViet
03-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Bro SingViet wun make such mistake, her wife must be a beauty.

Must be fat and ugly.

haha bro... typo error. My wife is not too bad, one thing that attracted me when i first met her was her dress sense, She's dress very differently from the rest, no BeBe with half ball out, but nice and pretty. Her sisters are not that bad, just that i don't like tanned skin and kampong looking gals :D

Golden question
03-05-2011, 07:42 PM
haha bro... typo error. My wife is not too bad, one thing that attracted me when i first met her was her dress sense, She's dress very differently from the rest, no BeBe with half ball out, but nice and pretty. Her sisters are not that bad, just that i don't like tanned skin and kampong looking gals :D

bro,something struck me when u mention BEBE WITH HALF BALL hahaha :D
i dont know any bro notice that most ladies over there like to push up their breast especially when they wear those tight t shirt.i dont know is it because of there is no cup size for bra sold over there?still remember bro singvet mention there is no cup size bra over there :D

they seem like dont care if they show their top valley.even those auntie there also the same.still remember one time when i follow my wife to buy undergarment at 1 of the roadside stall.that auntie bend down and her big nei nei can be seen with her bright blue bra.fucking hell make me horny but try to see other place cos OC beside me hahaha

yesterday also happen to saw one viet at my block downstair with white t shirt top.same thing.can see is small but push up to the max :D

shysaint
04-05-2011, 12:02 AM
they seem like dont care if they show their top valley.even those auntie there also the same.still remember one time when i follow my wife to buy undergarment at 1 of the roadside stall.that auntie bend down and her big nei nei can be seen with her bright blue bra.fucking hell make me horny but try to see other place cos OC beside me hahaha

Agree :) Nothing new about such behaviour ..... :eek:

The scene is sometimes to tough for us guys to take it :p

volcano
04-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Agree :) Nothing new about such behaviour ..... :eek:

The scene is sometimes to tough for us guys to take it :p

i am immune to such things liao....:p

volcano
04-05-2011, 07:28 AM
different family works differently imo.

for this i fully agreed....i have seen people who only needs to take care of his wife but i have also see peope that even needs to take care the grand parents of his wife...:eek:

SingViet
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
bro,something struck me when u mention BEBE WITH HALF BALL hahaha :D
i dont know any bro notice that most ladies over there like to push up their breast especially when they wear those tight t shirt.i dont know is it because of there is no cup size for bra sold over there?still remember bro singvet mention there is no cup size bra over there :D

yesterday also happen to saw one viet at my block downstair with white t shirt top.same thing.can see is small but push up to the max :D

hahah bro. The bra that they buy in VN roadside stores or small stores in market are mostly the cheap cheap bras that's made in China. Most of them have no cup size, its either 34, 36 or so on. No cup at all. Often, these gals feel damm uncomfy with bras on, so when they are home, they just take down their bras and walk around braless. As for all the cleverage we see in Vietnam, its just nothing to them. Think about it, when lam tinh is like eating rice to them, what is showing off cleverage or even a naked body? To the normal viets, lam tinh is no big deal. Lam tinh for money is even better, can enjoy and still have extra money to spend. :D

Honey Boon
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
haha... just my own lame "excuse" so that she will not give the clothings to her sisters.... rather she give to charity :p

bubblefish000
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
can any bro tell me hw to go abt gettin a viet wife

shysaint
04-05-2011, 02:23 PM

HAR :confused::eek::confused:

shysaint
04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
haha... just my own lame "excuse" so that she will not give the clothings to her sisters.... rather she give to charity :p

No AnYHoW HuG then No MisTake :p

Hurricane88
04-05-2011, 07:13 PM
hahah bro. The bra that they buy in VN roadside stores or small stores in market are mostly the cheap cheap bras that's made in China. Most of them have no cup size, its either 34, 36 or so on. No cup at all. Often, these gals feel damm uncomfy with bras on, so when they are home, they just take down their bras and walk around braless. As for all the cleverage we see in Vietnam, its just nothing to them. Think about it, when lam tinh is like eating rice to them, what is showing off cleverage or even a naked body? To the normal viets, lam tinh is no big deal. Lam tinh for money is even better, can enjoy and still have extra money to spend. :D

technology known as push up wire bra...most of the gers wore the wrong bra size and cup...:p

most will walk around in pyjamas and definitely braless when they walk around the local neighbourhood...very common sight when they go to buy food and marketing in the morning...:p

agreed that lam tinh is too common and can be done anywhere, anytime, any place...number of illicit affairs in local neighbourhood are too common...gossips flying around...:p

Hurricane88
04-05-2011, 07:18 PM

haha...i have you want...hihi...:p:confused::rolleyes::cool:

Agree Nothing new about such behaviour .....
The scene is sometimes to tough for us guys to take it

that's why I like wet nam...^_^

i am immune to such things liao....

too often we saw esp. an dong plaza when they do packing while we walked past...hihi....^_^

Golden question
05-05-2011, 12:49 AM
2 different communist country.vietnam and north korea,one is push to the max and the other one is cover to the max :D btw dont know vietnam is still a communist country or not:confused: but 1 thing is for sure,there is more hotel than shopping mall in vietnam in city area :p

Hurricane88
05-05-2011, 05:40 AM
2 different communist country.vietnam and north korea,one is push to the max and the other one is cover to the max :D btw dont know vietnam is still a communist country or not:confused: but 1 thing is for sure,there is more hotel than shopping mall in vietnam in city area

good analogy...:)

think wetnam is more republic than sinkie...sinkie is more like a socialist republic...think the gers in wetnam are definitely more open then sinkie...:)

SingViet
05-05-2011, 07:53 AM
good analogy...:)

think wetnam is more republic than sinkie...sinkie is more like a socialist republic...think the gers in wetnam are definitely more open then sinkie...:)

I think the sinkie gers are more open to the SWM; very open in ways more than one. That's why the SWM always think that sinkie gers are easy catch. :D

SingViet
05-05-2011, 08:00 AM
http://youtu.be/3BBtS1ir4tA?hd=1

If your kids are taught by them for a few years, yr kids will start speaking like them. They are already all over Singapore nowadays, seems like half their country folks moved here. :D

uatforsammyboy
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi, good morning to all. Joining this thread. Regards! :)

jackbl
05-05-2011, 01:10 PM
If your kids are taught by them for a few years, yr kids will start speaking like them. They are already all over Singapore nowadays, seems like half their country folks moved here. :D

Vietnamese mothers prefer bringing up children with western style
================================================== ===

VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnamese mothers of the modern times, who return from overseas training courses, or have the opportunities to learn about western cultures, now prefer bringing up children with western style, believing that the western style is better for their children than the traditional Vietnamese style.

Westernized mothers want western style for their children

While the majority of Vietnamese mothers keep children at home and do not let children go too far from parents, western children can go out to the open air when they are still small. Especially, babies can be brought with parents to swimming pools or to parks so that they can get weather-seasoned.

And now, modern Vietnamese mothers decide that their children need to grow up strong and adaptive to the environment like western children. A mother wrote on webtretho, a mother’s forum on educating children: “My son has been brought to the open air and let to sleep on a separate bed since he was two months old. When he was seven months, I brought him to go bathing on the beach. Now my son is one year old and he proves to be strong and clever”.

Western children know how to look after themselves very soon. They can put on clothes, pick up food or pour milk into glasses. When they get older, they can play with friends in teams, or they are allowed to sleep at a friend’s home to practice necessary skills, which allow them to deal with different situations themselves without the presence of parents. This is also the way a Vietnamese mother with the nickname “Kittylovefish” has been applying with her child.

“I always encourage my daughter to invite her friends to our house, stay for the whole day and have lunch with our family,” Kittylovefish wrote. “I always organize small parties at my house, inviting my friends to bring their children to the parties, so that the kids can play together. They seem to be very excited”.

A mother with the nickname “Zwergestube” wrote: “Vietnamese mothers need to change their viewpoints about the way of educating children. They should understand that they are mothers, who need to show the way for children to go, provide food and guide children how to serve themselves, how to study and how to deal with the problems in their lives. Mothers should not be simply the helpers for children”.

The most typical characteristic in the way of bringing up children of Vietnamese mothers is that they try to feed the children as much as possible. Mothers would satisfy all the children’s wishes, provided that they accept to eat what parents give to them.

A scene that can be seen regularly in Vietnamese families that children try to “run away” from meals, while parents run after them and try to sooth them to obedience. At meetings, the mothers who have children aged below five always ask others: “how heavy is your child?”

“Xuxu”, a mother wrote on webtretho, that mothers should not attach too much importance to the weight of children, but should spend time on bringing children to the open air, so that children can get adapted to the living environment and become more independent.

“Parents should not keep their children under their arms, or their children will not be able to cope with difficulties,” she wrote.

The fight between modern and traditional mothers

Cuc, who lives on Kham Thien street in Hanoi, said that there always exists the disagreement between her and her mother-in-law about the way to educate children.

When the son was small, Cuc wanted to expose her baby to the sun early in the morning, while her mother always kept the boy in the room, because she feared he would get sick. When the boy grows up, Cuc wants to punish the boy when he makes mistakes, while the mother never punishes him and tries to give him everything he wants.

Ngoc, who lives on Lo Duc street in Hanoi, also said that he always gets puzzled because of the disagreement between his wife and his mother. Due to the different viewpoints and gap between the generations, his mother wants to grow up his child with traditional experiences, while his wife wants to apply the western style.

Source: Tien phong

papillon30
05-05-2011, 03:33 PM
http://youtu.be/3BBtS1ir4tA?hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGsuKvgB5c

Our kids speak like him.:D

evoking88
05-05-2011, 04:08 PM
agreed that lam tinh is too common and can be done anywhere, anytime, any place...number of illicit affairs in local neighbourhood are too common...gossips flying around...:p

is this neighborhood lam tinh thing common even in the village type of area?

SingViet
05-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Welcome to Vietnam . Glad that you are starting to learn more about this unique country with their unique culture

Hurricane88
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM

haha...give you a ridiculous example...a ger around 30 yrs old...can have 1 hubby, 2 diff bf...still can fool around with bro in-law...while working can still flirt with clients...hihi...:p:confused::rolleyes:

Golden question
05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome to Vietnam . Glad that you are starting to learn more about this unique country with their unique culture

yes is more UNIQUE than UNIQUELY SINGAPORE :D

viet will buy I phone just to show off but only know how to use I phone to call and take picture only and when going for dinner,some will say no money and want u to treat.

viet will ask you why U no go hanky panky massage but when told them u no money,they will shoot u back and say,IF NO MONEY,WHY U COME VIETMAN

u will visit some small company and the manager will talk until very pro and give u his name card but few days later when u go again,the company is shut down

viet police will scold that man who ask him to hurry up to go to the scene cos some viet are fighting or quarrel loudly nearby,like life is going to be kill by someone
(i withness the whole incident)

and much more................

WOW like bro singvet say WELCOME TO VIETNAM or bro hurricane will say WELCOME TO WETNAM :D

SingViet
05-05-2011, 08:03 PM
yes is more UNIQUE than UNIQUELY SINGAPORE :D

viet will buy I phone just to show off but only know how to use I phone to call and take picture only and when going for dinner,some will say no money and want u to treat.

viet will ask you why U no go hanky panky massage but when told them u no money,they will shoot u back and say,IF NO MONEY,WHY U COME VIETMAN

u will visit some small company and the manager will talk until very pro and give u his name card but few days later when u go again,the company is shut down

viet police will scold that man who ask him to hurry up to go to the scene cos some viet are fighting or quarrel loudly nearby,like life is going to be kill by someone
(i withness the whole incident)

and much more................

WOW like bro singvet say WELCOME TO VIETNAM or bro hurricane will say WELCOME TO WETNAM :D

haha, good examples cited. one more to add, when they want you to buy them something, they talk damm big `only a few thousand USD', but in fact, they cannot even bring out 300k VND ;)

Golden question
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
most viet girl will tell u viet man no good no good because they are lazy,dont take care of family and hanky panky outside and blar blar blar. they prefer foreigner man but the real fact is as long as u are a foreigner and if u are American or hair is gold,u are their BANK.

before marry when i go there several time ,immigration at airport always chop 1 month.my first visit after marry,they chop 2 weeks:eek: they dont like this sg in law :D

before signing the marriage cert,they want to see your marriage photo first to confirm u ARE MARRY before u can sign:eek:

must go hospital to check that you have no mental problem before u can marry there and ready a RED PACKET to give for the doctor pocket money

u will only find 1 old man (sell chicken) there wearing a white suit and the other old man wearing yellow suit with red hair/red boots (sell hamburger)will not be there:D

shysaint
05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
haha...give you a ridiculous example...a ger around 30 yrs old...can have 1 hubby, 2 diff bf...still can fool around with bro in-law...while working can still flirt with clients...hihi...:p:confused::rolleyes:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek:

shysaint
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Sharing 1 moment I saw today when I was riding back to BD from HCMC ...

As the husband was riding the bike ... her wife was Breast Feeding her baby behind .... :eek:

I was behind them and I saw the scene from changing the baby's position from sitting to breast-feeding position, the woman lifting up her shirt and position her baby to her breast .. wow ... what can I say ... Good stuff :p

2 years in VN ... 1 of the best scene I witness ....

naemlo
05-05-2011, 10:09 PM
2 years in VN ... 1 of the best scene I witness ....

I ever saw a couple having sex on the bike :eek:

shysaint
06-05-2011, 12:36 AM
before marry when i go there several time ,immigration at airport always chop 1 month.my first visit after marry,they chop 2 weeks:eek: they dont like this sg in law :D

Issit ???

mine all along is 1 mth ....

shysaint
06-05-2011, 12:37 AM

:eek: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cool: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

SingViet
06-05-2011, 09:10 AM
must go hospital to check that you have no mental problem before u can marry there and ready a RED PACKET to give for the doctor pocket money

This one i still find a bit crazy. I remember my wife telling me i must go hospital check up before can register marriage, i find it weird too. Then the doctor at the hospital asked me `You OK?' i said `I ok' then he said `your head ok? ' i got a bit confused `yes, my head is ok' Give under table money and i was asked to go out to wait. Don't know who has mental problem, me or them? :D

KangTuo
06-05-2011, 03:09 PM

moving or stationary?

Honey Boon
06-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I can imagine .... I shall try next time :p

moving or stationary?

Hurricane88
06-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I was behind them and I saw the scene from changing the baby's position from sitting to breast-feeding position, the woman lifting up her shirt and position her baby to her breast .. wow ... what can I say ... Good stuff

alamak...small issue...saw enuff on the highway...and those resting places...:p

wah...this is good...haha...:p

I can imagine .... I shall try next time

give us your forum...hihi...:p

Golden question
07-05-2011, 12:14 AM
This one i still find a bit crazy. I remember my wife telling me i must go hospital check up before can register marriage, i find it weird too. Then the doctor at the hospital asked me `You OK?' i said `I ok' then he said `your head ok? ' i got a bit confused `yes, my head is ok' Give under table money and i was asked to go out to wait. Don't know who has mental problem, me or them? :D

hahaha,yes bro,i experience same thing with u before,that local mental hospital i go got 2 level,2nd level is see doctor and 1st level was for those mental patient to roam around.still remember i stand at the 2nd level and look down and watch what they are doing.some dancing with the nurse,some talk to themself and some talk to the wall or sing.

lucky i say i ok,my head ok and the most important is my under table money make her say OK on my mental report or else i might end up on the 1st level with those members there hahaha :D

naemlo
07-05-2011, 01:23 AM
:eek: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cool: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

moving or stationary?

wah...this is good...haha...

They were like animals having sex in the public. :D I can understand uneducate men peeing in the crowded public area but having sex in the public, till now I dun have the fetish for this. I still prefer a good bed n shower after sex.

KangTuo
07-05-2011, 09:03 AM
They were like animals having sex in the public. :D.

how come i dun encounter any vb who is willing to do it in ecp outdoor? all very mac co when i propose for it :confused::(

fetishboy
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
hahaha,yes bro,i experience same thing with u before,that local mental hospital i go got 2 level,2nd level is see doctor and 1st level was for those mental patient to roam around.still remember i stand at the 2nd level and look down and watch what they are doing.some dancing with the nurse,some talk to themself and some talk to the wall or sing.

lucky i say i ok,my head ok and the most important is my under table money make her say OK on my mental report or else i might end up on the 1st level with those members there hahaha :D
Question for bros here. do you know if I can marry my Vietnamese gf in Vietnam if my divorce in Singapore is not completed yet? I just came back from Saigon and quite like the place, but only the weather is super hot. But food

Hurricane88
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Question for bros here. do you know if I can marry my Vietnamese gf in Vietnam if my divorce in Singapore is not completed yet? I just came back from Saigon and quite like the place, but only the weather is super hot. But food

no way...you don't have a sinkie gahmen certify you are single...:)

Golden question
07-05-2011, 03:50 PM

bro,settle your divorce first before u marry either in vietnam or sing.u will have a lot of problem if next time u want to bring her back to sing to stay due to a lot of immigration issue u will encounter later cos u cant marry if u are not divorce and your status is still married.

a lot of document need to be certify at singapore embassy at vietnam and u will be surprise.Sing embassy there dont help u on all this as they only certify those copy u bring to them,if u want to marry there and after marry.Is very tedious if u want to marry there cos u have to go to one viet office to another to get document to sign and certify.

All document have to translate to english and certify after u marry.u have to make 3 trips there before u can marry and not like singapore whereby just book a date can already.let me know if u want to find out more:)

deptrai4u
07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
About this issue of marrying Vietnamese girls... recently i encountered a few good looking young singapore men wanting to marry Vietnamese girls and wants to do it quickly...

The big question is really this... IS THERE REALLY A NEED TO?

Most of the time, i see that it is the guy who wants to go ROM without realising that ROM means Registry Of Mistakes. Where the Viet girls concern, even if they care, we can always give them a deal where we go customary first and the rest later.. take it or leave it. And most of them will just go with it, at least that is my personal experience.

Singapore men please be fully aware that the moment u put the pen to paper, u are on the losing end immediately... nothing to gain out of it. Unless the girl insist on that and no other way out and u can live without air but cannot live without her, then u agree to it. If not, then always go on probation first... how long.... well, 3 years at least! That is the time needed for u to learn about them and open ur eyes big big and see the real them.

And if anything goes wrong, dun be too fast to put the blame on them. More than half the time, the blame is on the GUY. And usually the issue is that the guy did not make an effort to learn about their culture and instead expect the girl to adjust to Singapore lifestyle. Let me just say that it is a lot better and easier for everyone if the Singapore guy adjust to them.

Seniors, ur views pls.

Golden question
07-05-2011, 04:23 PM
i not a seniors here but i tend to agree with u.man will always be a losing end when it come to divorce in singapore.my wife viet friend just divorce with her sg man.they divorce after 5 years.her husband have to give her $600 every month even though they do not have a kids.she is a PR here and hold a stable job with salary 1.8k every month and she is only 24 years old.

i also agree as sg man tend to think is easy to marry a viet girl and expect she to follow your way but in real fact is 2 ways.Marry a viet is more tough compare to marrying sg girl even though viet girl is more thoughful and know how to cature sg man heart

naemlo
07-05-2011, 04:34 PM
how come i dun encounter any vb who is willing to do it in ecp outdoor? all very mac co when i propose for it :confused::(

Cos u r not animal or beast... :D

deptrai4u
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Marry a viet is more tough compare to marrying sg girl even though viet girl is more thoughful and know how to cature sg man heart

Well, that one i cannot agree at all... nowadays, whenever any young man friends of mine says they gonna get married soon, and if I know they marrying a Singapore girl, then i tell them sorry pls dun even invite me as I will be busy but I promise to attend their next wedding.

fetishboy
07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks bros for all the advice. I'll settle my divorce first before deciding anything. One more question, my Viet gf is super jealous type, always very suspicious that I have other girls behind her back. Is this true generally of all Viet girls or just mine?

deptrai4u
07-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks bros for all the advice. I'll settle my divorce first before deciding anything. One more question, my Viet gf is super jealous type, always very suspicious that I have other girls behind her back. Is this true generally of all Viet girls or just mine?

That is an understatement, the truth of the matter is all vb and their mothers and their grandmothers will at all times suspect the men hv other women.

SingViet
08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
About this issue of marrying Vietnamese girls... recently i encountered a few good looking young singapore men wanting to marry Vietnamese girls and wants to do it quickly...

Most of the time, i see that it is the guy who wants to go ROM without realising that ROM means Registry Of Mistakes. Where the Viet girls concern, even if they care, we can always give them a deal where we go customary first and the rest later.. take it or leave it. And most of them will just go with it, at least that is my personal experience.

Singapore men please be fully aware that the moment u put the pen to paper, u are on the losing end immediately... nothing to gain out of it. Unless the girl insist on that and no other way out and u can live without air but cannot live without her, then u agree to it. If not, then always go on probation first... how long.... well, 3 years at least! That is the time needed for u to learn about them and open ur eyes big big and see the real them.

And if anything goes wrong, dun be too fast to put the blame on them. More than half the time, the blame is on the GUY. And usually the issue is that the guy did not make an effort to learn about their culture and instead expect the girl to adjust to Singapore lifestyle. Let me just say that it is a lot better and easier for everyone if the Singapore guy adjust to them.

Seniors, ur views pls.

I will deem that the viet gers will not agree to customary marriage , most of the time. The viet gers are very much interested to stay abroad and also just as important, to get at least PR in Singapore. This situation is made worse with Singapore man agreeing to whatever they say after endless intercourse with them before the ROM. The idea on Singapore man's minds is it will be heavens if they can have sex like this everyday, without paying a cent for it, unlike commercial sex.

i hold different views in singapore man having to adapt to vietnamese ways of doing things. If after marriage, the couple is planning to stay in Singapore, then it will be best if the singapore man can guide their viet spouse to adapt to Singapore ways of doing things. i.e. Singapore culture. At the same time, the singapore man can delight the vietnamese spouse by learning their culture at the same time. But if the couple is planning to stay in Vietnam after marriage, then the Singapore man need to adapt to the viet culture, but don't forget to educate your viet spouse on singapore culture at the same time. Its a give and take situation. At the same time, don't always give in to your spouse's request to return to vietnam for the slightest reason. By allowing her to return to vietnam very often, you are sowing the seeds of disaster. If she has married you and is staying in Singapore, she should be making the effort and taking the time to adapt to Singapore. By returning to vietnam very often, she is showing her unwillingness to adapt and you are also exposing her to the high risk of her getting hitch to her former viet bf in vietnam. Show patience, guide her and communicate with her. Show her the interesting part of singapore culture, the tastiness of Singapore food etc.

One thing that Singapore man have to learn is not to `talk big' and `hide truth' infront of their viet spouse. You know your viet wife is hoping that she can get PR and you are not earning enuff to support her for that, tell her truthfully. Don't lie to her saying she will only get PR after giving birth to a child as singapore needs childdren. After giving birth to a child and she still kanna rejected for PR, she will feel that she's cheated by you. Show her you can take care of you and her and also your young kid. Show her you are making effort to make a living. Don't be lazy. Its the learning of ``TRUTH' after some time that led to the viet lady getting disappointed and leaving the Singapore man for good.

The marriage of 2 person of different culture needs patience to adapt, needs love to comfort and needs honesty and tolerance to maintain. :D

Hurricane88
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Seniors, ur views pls.

your views are very good...very similar to mine...dun be pressured by the VB to go into marriage...everything will be out and decisions ae clear if relationship can last 3 yrs or more...womens charter in sinkie land applies after ROM...and the sinkie passport worth 5mil sgd so she bound to gain...:)

bigamy can be charged in singapore and fine/jail if guilty...:p

VB are always jealous...this is their traits...so you can played a jealous bf too...always learned and played their culture...if you want to win her heart...:)

That is an understatement, the truth of the matter is all vb and their mothers and their grandmothers will at all times suspect the men hv other women.

haha...experienced tell me that me too always jealous and suspicious of them...example:

when her phone rings...tell her bf call
when she speaks to another men...ask her your bf ha..
when she always busy sms...wah so many bfs ha...

i hold different views in singapore man having to adapt to vietnamese ways of doing things. If after marriage, the couple is planning to stay in Singapore, then it will be best if the singapore man can guide their viet spouse to adapt to Singapore ways of doing things. i.e. Singapore culture. At the same time, the singapore man can delight the vietnamese spouse by learning their culture at the same time. But if the couple is planning to stay in Vietnam after marriage, then the Singapore man need to adapt to the viet culture, but don't forget to educate your viet spouse on singapore culture at the same time. Its a give and take situation. At the same time, don't always give in to your spouse's request to return to vietnam for the slightest reason. By allowing her to return to vietnam very often, you are sowing the seeds of disaster. If she has married you and is staying in Singapore, she should be making the effort and taking the time to adapt to Singapore. By returning to vietnam very often, she is showing her unwillingness to adapt and you are also exposing her to the high risk of her getting hitch to her former viet bf in vietnam. Show patience, guide her and communicate with her. Show her the interesting part of singapore culture, the tastiness of Singapore food etc.

The marriage of 2 person of different culture needs patience to adapt, needs love to comfort and needs honesty and tolerance to maintain.

agreed...seen alot of Vn gers cannot adapt to Sinkie culture and food...a lot of VB cannot even adapt to saigon lifestyle when they grew up in province...so always understand their feelings and make them adapt...:)

ask bro shysaint...his bx cannot get use to sinkie life...even give birth oso go back to BD...bro shysaint, hope you dun mind to use you as an example...^_^

vagrant
08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
To the normal viets, lam tinh is no big deal. Lam tinh for money is even better, can enjoy and still have extra money to spend. :D

vb always criticize sillipore men dam dac nhieu nhieu, only want to go hotel with them...really pretentious lor, yet they expect us to cho tien nhieu nhieu :rolleyes:

Hurricane88
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
vb always criticize sillipore men dam dac nhieu nhieu, only want to go hotel with them...really pretentious lor, yet they expect us to cho tien nhieu nhieu :rolleyes:

haha...u are referring to WL in sinkie...then no wonder...:p

i quote "if you trust WL then pigs oso can climb trees"...:p

Zxcvbn66
09-05-2011, 09:31 AM
hi everyone, i got a problem and i need some help... my girl friend last menstruation came on the 5th of April and we did a test kit check today and found out that she is pregnant... the problem is before the 1st of April she was together with another guy...after that she was with me... so now i dont't know if she is pregnant with my baby or isit that guy's baby... is it that since her last menstruation came after she is no longer with that guy, there is no possibility that the baby belongs to that guy?

KangTuo
09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
vb always criticize sillipore men dam dac nhieu nhieu, only want to go hotel with them...

this statement applies to you ONLY :p;):cool:

KangTuo
09-05-2011, 10:40 AM
If after marriage, the couple is planning to stay in Singapore, then it will be best if the singapore man can guide their viet spouse to adapt to Singapore ways of doing things.

this is a very long process...
when my girlfriend start coming back to sillypore occasionally, there are alot of things to teach her. i.e queuing up, languages, election...

Now i kana blamed for speaking toooo much TV with her...

lament
09-05-2011, 10:41 AM
haha...u are referring to WL in sinkie...then no wonder...:p

i quote "if you trust WL then pigs oso can climb trees"...:p

Bro, your statement is a bit too overbearing ....

End of the day WL or proper woman, they are still the same. its whether she truly loves you that matters, if she doesn't then good luck ......

Ther's a saying, "you can marry a WL to be a wife but not a wife and make her a WL"

Everyone have a past but its the present and future that matters.

Problem is mainly down to cultural differences and language barriers.

Depending on which part of vietnam, they are brought up differently and their viewpoint on things are different too.

Language wise, unless you are damn good in vietnamese or your girl damn good in english or chinese, there is also a language barrier. As good as I may be in vietnamese, I still have problems understanding them at times.

shysaint
09-05-2011, 11:59 AM
ask bro shysaint...his bx cannot get use to sinkie life...even give birth oso go back to BD...bro shysaint, hope you dun mind to use you as an example...^_^

Bro ...

I don't mind .... :p

Cheers ;)

shysaint
09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
there are alot of things to teach her. i.e queuing up, languages, election...

Digging nose in public , removing shoes in public , squatting down in public ... throw stuffs on the foor .... :p

shysaint
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
this statement applies to you ONLY :p;):cool:

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

KangTuo
09-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Digging nose in public , removing shoes in public , squatting down in public ... throw stuffs on the foor .... :p

she don't do all these :)

Honey Boon
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
congra ........... :p

hi everyone, i got a problem and i need some help... my girl friend last menstruation came on the 5th of April and we did a test kit check today and found out that she is pregnant... the problem is before the 1st of April she was together with another guy...after that she was with me... so now i dont't know if she is pregnant with my baby or isit that guy's baby... is it that since her last menstruation came after she is no longer with that guy, there is no possibility that the baby belongs to that guy?

Hurricane88
09-05-2011, 06:29 PM

the baby should belong to the previous guy...whenever ger miss a period and knew she is pregnant then she was oredi carrying 2 months pregnancy...:p

to be more accurate do DNA after baby born...or do DNA in the womb by paying big big bomb...:)

Hurricane88
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM

End of the day WL or proper woman, they are still the same. its whether she truly loves you that matters, if she doesn't then good luck ......

Ther's a saying, "you can marry a WL to be a wife but not a wife and make her a WL"

Depending on which part of vietnam, they are brought up differently and their viewpoint on things are different too.

Language wise, unless you are damn good in vietnamese or your girl damn good in english or chinese, there is also a language barrier. As good as I may be in vietnamese, I still have problems understanding them at times.

haha...bro I agreed with you but those you mentioned are very few minority...most the Vn WL who are here in sinkie are out to earn their money and lied thru their teeths in order to survive this wicked place...:p

i quote "if you trust WL then pigs oso can climb trees"...

Zxcvbn66
09-05-2011, 07:12 PM
the baby should belong to the previous guy...whenever ger miss a period and knew she is pregnant then she was oredi carrying 2 months pregnancy...:p

to be more accurate do DNA after baby born...or do DNA in the womb by paying big big bomb...:)

bro Hurricane88... she never miss the period in April.... she had her period on the 5th of April... the last she was with the other guy was before 1st April...

Golden question
09-05-2011, 11:44 PM

bro,100% agree with u.everyone have a past,is either one person can accept or not and the most important is forget totally her past if she treat u well.

Golden question
09-05-2011, 11:49 PM

bro,i choose squatting down in public,is their style in vietnam so they also use it here:D

my wife friend who is first time here even buy a bunch of banana from ntuc and start to eat after boarding the bus,1 sg auntie stop them politely:p and she is surprise :D

Hurricane88
10-05-2011, 06:36 AM
bro,100% agree with u.everyone have a past,is either one person can accept or not and the most important is forget totally her past if she treat u well.

bro naemlo...your famous quote "she is different from other WL..."

SingViet
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Finally you appear after MIA for so many years.... :D

SingViet
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
bro,i choose squatting down in public,is their style in vietnam so they also use it here:D

my wife friend who is first time here even buy a bunch of banana from ntuc and start to eat after boarding the bus,1 sg auntie stop them politely:p and she is surprise :D

Not too long back, my wife and i were shopping at Tiong Bharu Plaza. Saw a few old folks and middle aged man and woman squatting down by the side, i told my wife those are confirmed Vietnamese. My wife doubted my words and asked me `those from china provinces don't squat down like this meh?' . We walked past this group of people and heard them conversing in Tieng Viet. I was right.....

lament
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Finally you appear after MIA for so many years.... :D

Got a bit of free time before I go MIA again ......

so how's things with you, ain't see you for a while .....

any kids so far...

lament
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
haha...bro I agreed with you but those you mentioned are very few minority...most the Vn WL who are here in sinkie are out to earn their money and lied thru their teeths in order to survive this wicked place...:p

i quote "if you trust WL then pigs oso can climb trees"...

there's a chinese saying if not a fierce dragon, it will not cross the river ...

anyway, to overcome this is to tell your girl that you respect her job as thats what she does for a living because they have no choice, live the life but the lie. the problem is that they cover their tracks but I always tell them there is no such things as a secret. I have caught many claiming to be home but out for eca, the key is in your level of forgiveness.....

I have many vn gf, in the least count at least 100 odd over 30 plus provinces, most are southerners whom are knock out after the 1st F session. The number of girls that survive round 2 was not more than 10. Those who went through to round 3 about 6. those whom are in the final round only 4.

the final 4 are those whom have played a part in my life, one was my ex-wife, one was the mother of my only child. the last 2 are northerners, one whom I had a great relationship but it stop short and the current is in in contention to be my next partner in life.

I rather know the truth upfront than to find out later, its my future with them that matters not the past not the present.

if you do want to quote in vn, i always will write this sms to them,
"anh hieu den viec lam cua em, neu co ai chon duoc suot doi thi co ai chiu lam viec nay dau. co j thi noi thanh cho biet hon sau do bi thuc hien. qua khu cua nguoi thi bo qua, hien jo thi minh quen lai de dc co 1ve sau nay hanh fuc ben nhau"

hope this helps.....

jackbl
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Thà lấy đỉ về làm vợ còn hơn lấy vợ về làm đỉ

lament
10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Thà lấy đỉ về làm vợ còn hơn lấy vợ về làm đỉ

noi vay la dung roi ...2 nguoi gap nhau cung vi co duyen, dung mat no cho nguoi la duoc roi ....

xin nguoi tim lai hanh fuc trong cuoc doi, qua khu minh fai bo qua tai vi co ai khong co qua khu dau. quan trong la hien jo minh quen nhau va ve sau nay minh muon lam sao thoi.

naemlo
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
bro naemlo...your famous quote "she is different from other WL..."

There r 2 groups of cheongsters in SBF. 1 group can accept gf or wife to be WL before and another can't. 1 of the common reasons why they accept WL is "she is different from other WL" :D

jackbl
10-05-2011, 11:34 AM

I agreed with you. Maybe in VN WL side, they also have a saying.... "If you believe in SGP man then pigs can fly".

Everyone has their past. If can accept then can continue. If not, just forget it and move on to another.

shysaint
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Obviously the baby is urs ! If she is pregnant with the guy u said, how can her Menses came on 5th April?

Pregnancy is calculated on the 1st day of the last menses.

Unless u only with her only after 2-3 weeks after her menses on 5th April, then likely hood the baby is not urs.

Rgds.

shysaint
10-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Not too long back, my wife and i were shopping at Tiong Bharu Plaza. Saw a few old folks and middle aged man and woman squatting down by the side, i told my wife those are confirmed Vietnamese. My wife doubted my words and asked me `those from china provinces don't squat down like this meh?' . We walked past this group of people and heard them conversing in Tieng Viet. I was right.....

Hahaha... That's was cute ;)

lament
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
There r 2 groups of cheongsters in SBF. 1 group can accept gf or wife to be WL before and another can't. 1 of the common reasons why they accept WL is "she is different from other WL" :D

to each his own....

end of the day, I have been to vietnam and I have spend a lot of time around them. as hard as it may, its not easy to find job in vn, even if you do, the pay is dirt low, enough for food and lodging and little else left over.

leave it to fate, you never know, in the past I will also not accept someone like that which is why I only F&F but never got too involved till I got to know my ex-wife. though its over but its partly my fault as I never stop engaging other girls, she kept mum to my ways till the final draw came and we parted amicably. we are still friends and we meet for coffee regularly. she has moved on and have someone whom treats her well. I have met the new man in her life and we are on good terms too.

unless we ourselves are saint, then don't expect others to be one too.....

I remember once in vietnam, i was talking to a mama-san and I told her to find me a good wife jokingly. her reply was the key is to find someone who truly loves you, whether she's a WL or a good girl, its still the same as we are all vietnamese in heart.

So out of the many I knew, only that 4 managed to steal my heart so fellow samsters go on and have fun but keep your filters sharp. I have filtered many to find the few good ones.

naemlo
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
unless we ourselves are saint, then don't expect others to be one too.....

What were u talking about?? :confused: No one despises a WL. U dun have to be a saint to like or dislike, accept or not accept something. It is just a matters of choices. :rolleyes:

In this forum, I dun bother whom u married, whom u fall in love with. End of the day, it is your life. When a man falls in love, no matters what others commented, he still believe in himself n her.

lament
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
What were u talking about?? :confused: No one despises a WL. U dun have to be a saint to like or dislike, accept or not accept something. It is just a matters of choices. :rolleyes:

In this forum, I dun bother whom u married, whom u fall in love with. End of the day, it is your life. When a man falls in love, no matters what others commented, he still believe in himself n her.

nabei, 1st reply to me online and you wanna attack me ....

I am not stating anything ,........just saying that we are all just as bad too....

bad boys forever ......

naemlo
10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
nabei, 1st reply to me online and you wanna attack me ....

Long time no attack u. Saw u online, sure dun let this opportunity slips. :D

Hurricane88
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
there's a chinese saying if not a fierce dragon, it will not cross the river ...

I rather know the truth upfront than to find out later, its my future with them that matters not the past not the prese

if you do want to quote in vn, i always will write this sms to them,
"anh hieu den viec lam cua em, neu co ai chon duoc suot doi thi co ai chiu lam viec nay dau. co j thi noi thanh cho biet hon sau do bi thuc hien. qua khu cua nguoi thi bo qua, hien jo thi minh quen lai de dc co 1ve sau nay hanh fuc ben nhau"

thank you...to each his own...no point continue to debate...:)

There r 2 groups of cheongsters in SBF. 1 group can accept gf or wife to be WL before and another can't. 1 of the common reasons why they accept WL is "she is different from other WL"

save my day...:p

I remember once in vietnam, i was talking to a mama-san and I told her to find me a good wife jokingly. her reply was the key is to find someone who truly loves you, whether she's a WL or a good girl, its still the same as we are all vietnamese in heart.

So out of the many I knew, only that 4 managed to steal my heart so fellow samsters go on and have fun but keep your filters sharp. I have filtered many to find the few good ones.

not sure how old are you...here not many samsters who knew me are my age...wish you good luck...those WL in Vn and those cuming to sinkie are quite diff if you knew what I meant...anyway still there are endless stories to hear from them...:p

I agree with you that in Vn is very fun...now me enjoying myself very much in Vn...nvr bother to go GL, JC, or anywhere in Sinkie...:)

SingViet
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Got a bit of free time before I go MIA again ......

so how's things with you, ain't see you for a while .....

any kids so far...

When you got to know me, i already got a pair of twins. Now 1 more.. total 3. I've stopped cheonging for a long time roi, now JC is only for Vietnamese food with wifey once in a while. ;)

KangTuo
10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
now JC is only for Vietnamese food with wifey once in a while. ;)

I was there 7 evening a week but how come never see you even once? :)

lament
10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
not sure how old are you...here not many samsters who knew me are my age...wish you good luck...those WL in Vn and those cuming to sinkie are quite diff if you knew what I meant...anyway still there are endless stories to hear from them...:p

I agree with you that in Vn is very fun...now me enjoying myself very much in Vn...nvr bother to go GL, JC, or anywhere in Sinkie...:)

I am turning 40 soon and my current beau turning 20 soon.

Well, I not sure how fun vn really is cos never had to venture for fun there. I am a committed family man. My trip back there now is to see my son and off to my wife-to-be.

Anyway, in case you ask, they know of each other existence.

lament
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM

I also never see you ...maybe we never really meet...

KangTuo
10-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I also never see you ...maybe we never really meet...

joking lar... not the frequent :D
but at least 4 evening per week.

only uncle jackbl can be there 8 days/week :)

but come to think of it.... we may have seen each other but dun know only.
there are many faces whom i see regularly

miua55555
11-05-2011, 12:30 AM

Wahahaha... most of them don't understand the laws here indeed. But when I was in Vietnam, I can even smoke inside the cinema.

Different culture. :)

rudolf
11-05-2011, 02:52 AM
To all bros whom married viet wife,

As have seen quite a few bros have married a vn gals & understand their culture & life. Would like to pop a question in my mind all this while after together with a vn gal for about 7mths till date.

She has divorced before & have a kid with her now, but she says that both her family & her ex husband family record book (Don know how to describle the actual book) have their child record in it so in any time which either party wants, could have it back.

Currently, she mention due to her father illness which was quite bad, thats y the kids is back to her now to accompany her dad till he pass on anytime then would return back to her ex again, but now her ex is remarried again.

My enquires is, in vn, issit true both parents can have custody for their kid not like singapore only 1 child custody.she show me the family book but did not get to see her ex family book as guess was never possible.

Any valueable opinion or answer is deeply appreciate..

Hurricane88
11-05-2011, 05:17 AM
As have seen quite a few bros have married a vn gals & understand their culture & life. Would like to pop a question in my mind all this while after together with a vn gal for about 7mths till date.

She has divorced before & have a kid with her now, but she says that both her family & her ex husband family record book (Don know how to describle the actual book) have their child record in it so in any time which either party wants, could have it back.

Currently, she mention due to her father illness which was quite bad, thats y the kids is back to her now to accompany her dad till he pass on anytime then would return back to her ex again, but now her ex is remarried again.

My enquires is, in vn, issit true both parents can have custody for their kid not like singapore only 1 child custody.she show me the family book but did not get to see her ex family book as guess was never possible.

similar to sillypore...both husband and wife have child access...but onli 1 parent has custody...but in Vn money is oso law and law not very clear...wife can return child to husband if she no longer wanted to take custody...similarly vice versa....oso both parents can oso dump the child and let their relatives look after oso heard before...:p

so the question is "are you sure you wanted to marry such a ger with such complicated family background...oso buy 1 get 1 free"...do you know there are so many gers and choices in Wetnam...cum with me...let me show you many nice pretty and unmarried ger waiting for you there...hihi...:p

Hurricane88
11-05-2011, 05:22 AM
I am turning 40 soon and my current beau turning 20 soon.

Well, I not sure how fun vn really is cos never had to venture for fun there. I am a committed family man. My trip back there now is to see my son and off to my wife-to-be.

Anyway, in case you ask, they know of each other existence.

thank you for sharing...you are still very young compare to me...dun know how long you had stayed in Vn to understand their culture...me still learning daily after 4 yrs flying in and out monthly...:p:confused:;)

naemlo
11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
so the question is "are you sure you wanted to marry such a ger with such complicated family background...oso buy 1 get 1 free".

Love is always blind during honeymoon period but after this period is over, problems arise out of nowhere. :D

SingViet
11-05-2011, 07:37 AM

I don't go there at night to mix around with the WL and cheongsters la. My wife and i go there mostly in the afternoon.

SingViet
11-05-2011, 07:49 AM
thank you for sharing...you are still very young compare to me...dun know how long you had stayed in Vn to understand their culture...me still learning daily after 4 yrs flying in and out monthly...:p:confused:;)

We are all still learning, and age doesn't matter when it comes to learning. I stayed there from 2002 till 2007, five years, and continue flying in and out from late 2007 till now. 1 more year and it marks 1 decade.... but i am still learning. I always believe that 1 year of stay in Vietnam beats a hundred trips in and out.

From my experience, i feel that having a vietnamese spouse is the best way to learn the Vietnamese culture. You can be going around vietnam all the time, but it still doesn't beat the experience you get from a vietnamese spouse. A vietnamese spouse will allow you to experience what is it like to stay with a vietnamese for a longer term, their thinking, their habits and most importantly, their family. You get the good, the bad and the nasty.

Staying in Vietnam for a period of time is also good for learning their culture. The daily contact with locals and the observation of how things are done there gives good insight. But i find most singaporeans mixing around mostly with Singaporeans only when they are stationed there, the only local contacts being WL, their ban gai or the local staff in their office. Doing business with the locals is a very good way to widen local contacts.

No mattter what, we cannot be 100% vietnamese as we are not borned and bred there. We can only learn as we spend more time there. :D

Golden question
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
similar to sillypore...both husband and wife have child access...but onli 1 parent has custody...but in Vn money is oso law and law not very clear...wife can return child to husband if she no longer wanted to take custody...similarly vice versa....oso both parents can oso dump the child and let their relatives look after oso heard before...:p

so the question is "are you sure you wanted to marry such a ger with such complicated family background...oso buy 1 get 1 free"...do you know there are so many gers and choices in Wetnam...cum with me...let me show you many nice pretty and unmarried ger waiting for you there...hihi...:p

bro,i like the way u speak this sentence :D

lament
11-05-2011, 09:22 AM

I practically stayed there for almost 2 years, I stayed around them for 3 odd years, practically see them for the last 10 years.

I eat and breathe their air.

I guess it has to do with the language, most of them see me as a viet and they naturally speak to me in their language rather than our local language.

Yes I may be young but I may not professed to be an all-knowing but I believe I understand their culture well enough....

lament
11-05-2011, 09:27 AM

technically this is not allowed but with money, anything can be done.

the household booklet is basically a document to specify the people who live in a particular house. this is one reason why when we were to live in somebody's house in vn, its best to go to the local police station to report. If a complain gets out, the police have the right to arrest the person.

I was in a similar spot sometime ago, better than you my girl had 2 kids but we broke off as she still yet to complete her divorce even after I waited for her for a year to do so......

Well, in the name of love, if we can accept it , so what if she has kids. Of course, its still better to have our own cos the kids will never accept us easily.

lament
11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
W
From my experience, i feel that having a vietnamese spouse is the best way to learn the Vietnamese culture. You can be going around vietnam all the time, but it still doesn't beat the experience you get from a vietnamese spouse. A vietnamese spouse will allow you to experience what is it like to stay with a vietnamese for a longer term, their thinking, their habits and most importantly, their family. You get the good, the bad and the nasty.

Staying in Vietnam for a period of time is also good for learning their culture.

No mattter what, we cannot be 100% vietnamese as we are not borned and bred there. We can only learn as we spend more time there. :D

Bro, your words hit th right spot.

I agreed that is the best way. Having work in the north and mostly hanging out with southerners gave me a good glimpse of the people.

Despite understanding them well, they also spring a surprise or two to the mix.

Basically, for those whom intend to marry a vb. the key is to know her family background as they will make or break your relationship more than your relationship with her. in all words, they are always fiercely loyal to their family.

Make sure your girl or her family are not gamblers, you will spend time clearing 1 debts after another......

this is the reason why I had few by my side till today.

Honey Boon
11-05-2011, 12:54 PM
teacher, singular or plural ha? I mean the noun of spouse :p

bsktv69
11-05-2011, 01:59 PM
My girl wish to stay longer term here, any bors know where i can get her a student pass ?

SingViet
11-05-2011, 03:02 PM
teacher, singular or plural ha? I mean the noun of spouse :p

Plural is deemed history, singular is used now :D

Honey Boon
11-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I was still so envy of your plural arrangment after reading your story before, I thought was like only last year. So fast back to singular? well.... like my old man used to say: like Durian, if good, one "hoot" is enough, if no good, give you the whole tree also no use. :p

Plural is deemed history, singular is used now :D

Honey Boon
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
immigration dept :mad:

My girl wish to stay longer term here, any bors know where i can get her a student pass ?

bsktv69
11-05-2011, 04:14 PM
immigration dept :mad:

Any school to intro ? English lang sch ??

KangTuo
11-05-2011, 05:48 PM

get married to stay longer :D
student pass are not easy to get these days

Hurricane88
11-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Love is always blind during honeymoon period but after this period is over, problems arise out of nowhere.

love dun have eyes ma...sekali katoey cum out...hihi...:p

Staying in Vietnam for a period of time is also good for learning their culture. The daily contact with locals and the observation of how things are done there gives good insight. But i find most singaporeans mixing around mostly with Singaporeans only when they are stationed there, the only local contacts being WL, their ban gai or the local staff in their office. Doing business with the locals is a very good way to widen local contacts.

No mattter what, we cannot be 100% vietnamese as we are not borned and bred there. We can only learn as we spend more time there.

I agreed...wait another few more years will retire there...hihi...sick of flying in and out too...but still managed to learned alot because I used to stay in the local neigbourhood and not stay in hotel for more than 1 year...:)

bro,i like the way u speak this sentence

cam on rat nhieu...:)

Yes I may be young but I may not professed to be an all-knowing but I believe I understand their culture well enough....

goot goot...excellent...keep it up...hihi...^_^

the household booklet is basically a document to specify the people who live in a particular house. this is one reason why when we were to live in somebody's house in vn, its best to go to the local police station to report. If a complain gets out, the police have the right to arrest the person.

I was in a similar spot sometime ago, better than you my girl had 2 kids but we broke off as she still yet to complete her divorce even after I waited for her for a year to do so......

Well, in the name of love, if we can accept it , so what if she has kids. Of course, its still better to have our own cos the kids will never accept us easily.

i knew...did report before when I live in with my 1st ex bx...normally ger with kid will put alot of prioriy on them and you are last...:p

Make sure your girl or her family are not gamblers, you will spend time clearing 1 debts after another......

very good and important advice...didn't notice my 2nd ex bx was such a big gambler during last TET until I was with her at her province even though she was gambling with her friends...scared the shit out of me...so happy she asked to split...^_^

just ask her to register in a private English language school...the school will help to advise her how to apply student pass for her...^_^

haha...knew you bound to have many more questions after answering...so next you will ask why dun you give address, telephone...or bring you there la...how much is the fees, etc, etc...hihi...^_^

SingViet
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I was still so envy of your plural arrangment after reading your story before, I thought was like only last year. So fast back to singular? well.... like my old man used to say: like Durian, if good, one "hoot" is enough, if no good, give you the whole tree also no use. :p

That was more than 1 year ago.

S.B.Y.1
11-05-2011, 10:36 PM
do you know there are so many gers and choices in Wetnam...cum with me...let me show you many nice pretty and unmarried ger waiting for you there...hihi...:p

Pak like ; Pak want can Mas Hurricane88 teach Pak :D

Pak newbie here :p

Hurricane88
12-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Pak like ; Pak want can Mas Hurricane88 teach Pak :D

okok...i go there tomorrow...you going too...hihi...:)

SingViet
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM

If you really want a student pass for her, get her a school. There are many many private schools offering english language courses in Singapore. Enrol for a course and pay extra fee, the school will get the student pass for her.

SureScore
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
If you really want a student pass for her, get her a school. There are many many private schools offering english language courses in Singapore. Enrol for a course and pay extra fee, the school will get the student pass for her.

Enrol her at British Council for English Language course. Should be able to get student pass.

GLHunter
13-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Enrol her at British Council for English Language course. Should be able to get student pass.

British Council is extremely expensive in singapore. not affordable at all to an average earner. I explored this option few years back. Can try other language school.

However, British Council in BKK is pretty affordable. Even if factor in monthly apartment rental would not kill us. :)

Chok Dee krup

SingViet
13-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Get those smaller English school la, cheaper and easier. If choose British Council, that bro will get `pocket cancer' ;) It doesn't mean that if he goes for bigger school, it will be easier to get student pass. Student pass approval is based on the applicant's capability to convince ICA that she has the financial and academic capability to complete the course. But of course, other factors play a role too

siamloverboy
13-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Get those smaller English school la, cheaper and easier. If choose British Council, that bro will get `pocket cancer' ;) It doesn't mean that if he goes for bigger school, it will be easier to get student pass. Student pass approval is based on the applicant's capability to convince ICA that she has the financial and academic capability to complete the course. But of course, other factors play a role too

Sorry to divert, I got some problems hope bro here can provide some guidances. My sister-in-law come to sillypore today, ICA officer call me later to
verify her particulars and purpose of this trip and my address. He told me whether I'll be her sponsor. I say yes.
My question is will I get into trouble if she Kenna caught in the raid (she been working as WL before)? My wife told me she is not staying with us but put my home address in the arrival declaration form. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

lament
13-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry to divert, I got some problems hope bro here can provide some guidances. My sister-in-law come to sillypore today, ICA officer call me later to
verify her particulars and purpose of this trip and my address. He told me whether I'll be her sponsor. I say yes.
My question is will I get into trouble if she Kenna caught in the raid (she been working as WL before)? My wife told me she is not staying with us but put my home address in the arrival declaration form. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

small issue ...in the event something happen, just say that your wife and her had some argument and then she move to stay with her friends ....

naemlo
13-05-2011, 03:16 PM
My sister-in-law come to sillypore today, ICA officer call me later to

This is funny, why will u agree to everything then worry later??? :confused: U r worry about her and yet agree to be her sponsor.... :rolleyes: Good luck, now worry also no use.

siamloverboy
13-05-2011, 03:29 PM
This is funny, why will u agree to everything then worry later??? :confused: U r worry about her and yet agree to be her sponsor.... :rolleyes: Good luck, now worry also no use.

Thanks for all the advices. Because my wife did not see her for quite some time. Naturally she is anxious to see her in sillypore, so I relented.

Hurricane88
13-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the advices. Because my wife did not see her for quite some time. Naturally she is anxious to see her in sillypore, so I relented.

me too wish you good luck.:)

rudolf
13-05-2011, 06:14 PM

hmm sometime I also got this feel but she is truthfully in everything she say & do.. so far after the 3rd months onwards, what ever she do, she will chat & let me know but of course, she expect me to do the same.. Thats the most headache part sometime..

She did mention she don mind if we happen to settle down, at vietnam for good, she is fine too.

Hmm bro hurricane, when u going up to wetnam again? maybe can settle with u to see those first hand car...lolz

rudolf
13-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Bro, your words hit th right spot.

I agreed that is the best way. Having work in the north and mostly hanging out with southerners gave me a good glimpse of the people.

Despite understanding them well, they also spring a surprise or two to the mix.

Basically, for those whom intend to marry a vb. the key is to know her family background as they will make or break your relationship more than your relationship with her. in all words, they are always fiercely loyal to their family.

this is the reason why I had few by my side till today.

Bro lament,

Truely agree for what you said.Notice vn ppl love to gamble alot & talk big when sometimes they own pocket don't even have 1 mil dong with them. Sometime do envy some bros here , whom can have almost all the gals in vn anytime as they are situated or working in their HQ gal country compare to singapore are only a sub sub branch. Anyone got job vacancy in vietnam for me....he.e

For my case, she gamble in the past but have stop after burning a hole in herself. I also did trigger to her, if she want to again then is fine...to each own for good

Another thing i discover when I am over there for couple of times to their nightlife, vietnamese youngster kinda hopeless regardsless guys or girls..they take drugs. haiz...

lament
14-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Bro lament,

Truely agree for what you said.Notice vn ppl love to gamble alot & talk big when sometimes they own pocket don't even have 1 mil dong with them. Sometime do envy some bros here , whom can have almost all the gals in vn anytime as they are situated or working in their HQ gal country compare to singapore are only a sub sub branch. Anyone got job vacancy in vietnam for me....he.e

For my case, she gamble in the past but have stop after burning a hole in herself. I also did trigger to her, if she want to again then is fine...to each own for good

Another thing i discover when I am over there for couple of times to their nightlife, vietnamese youngster kinda hopeless regardsless guys or girls..they take drugs. haiz...

I also looking for a job in vn ...anyone got lobang let me know ....

most of hose I met are from here, I never really had a chance to know the girls from there ...

volcano
14-05-2011, 03:08 AM
ICA officer call me later to
My question is will I get into trouble if she Kenna caught in the raid (she been working as WL before)?

if ICA really wants to pursue the matter....u will have problem bcos u r the sponsor.....n being the sponsor,u r responsible for her.....wish u gd luck...:)

SingViet
14-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I also looking for a job in vn ...anyone got lobang let me know ....

most of hose I met are from here, I never really had a chance to know the girls from there ...

Many bros here yearn to get a job in Vietnam, but in reality, if you are employed on local terms there, you may have difficulty trying to live a reasonable lifestyle and your life will be very much like the locals. Not long back, one of my friend in HCMC, was telling me to help him look for a singaporean with 15 years of experience. This friend of mine is the CEO of a large vietnamese group of companies, but after looking at the terms offered , i told him that its seriously difficult to get someone with the calibre they want with that sort of pay. US$3000 a month with another US$500 of housing subsidy. No transport allowances and no other allowances, salary still subject to income tax. I was telling him its tough with such package with the calibre they are looking for. Finally after 2 months, he told me they got a 46 year old American who has been unemployed in US for around 2 years. Staying in HCMC is not cheap nowadays, from housing to daily expenses, they are not far away from Singapore. Best is to be posted by Singapore company to Vietnam as expat, maybe perks and benefits will be better.

Golden question
14-05-2011, 11:21 AM
remember read a news recently that viet govertment intend to increase civil servant pay due to super high inflation,double digit of around 14%:eek:,to help the people there cope with the high cost of living there

but guess what!is only $50 us dollar increase :D per month for them and most civil servant there take undertable money as a souce of income for them.

is tough for normal folks over there.they pay peanuts for job over there and in reality sg people who want to go there to a job there will also pay peanuts unless send by sg company to there

rudolf
14-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Many bros here yearn to get a job in Vietnam, but in reality, if you are employed on local terms there, you may have difficulty trying to live a reasonable lifestyle and your life will be very much like the locals. Not long back, one of my friend in HCMC, was telling me to help him look for a singaporean with 15 years of experience. This friend of mine is the CEO of a large vietnamese group of companies, but after looking at the terms offered , i told him that its seriously difficult to get someone with the calibre they want with that sort of pay. US$3000 a month with another US$500 of housing subsidy. No transport allowances and no other allowances, salary still subject to income tax. I was telling him its tough with such package with the calibre they are looking for. Finally after 2 months, he told me they got a 46 year old American who has been unemployed in US for around 2 years. Staying in HCMC is not cheap nowadays, from housing to daily expenses, they are not far away from Singapore. Best is to be posted by Singapore company to Vietnam as expat, maybe perks and benefits will be better.

kinda agree.. recently got a company asking me to do research to setup a sales office in vn.

after discussing on my salary package.. They offered me $3.5k sgd per mth, hosuing rental they settle full, a year back to sing twice by SQ, cpf contribute.. That's all. I ponder awhile to find issit worth while. after bro singviet mention, maybe my package even sux more big time. lolz

SingViet
14-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Notice vn ppl love to gamble alot & talk big when sometimes they own pocket don't even have 1 mil dong with them.

its their culture. before doing something, they will brag and brag, make you feel sure no problem and pay them. after doing, cock up cannot do and they will find 101 reasons to push the blame back to you. welcome to yetnam.

leecs
14-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Best is to be posted by Singapore company to Vietnam as expat, maybe perks and benefits will be better.

Where to find these companies? Its really hard though....:):)

leecs
14-05-2011, 09:28 PM
kinda agree.. recently got a company asking me to do research to setup a sales office in vn.

after discussing on my salary package.. They offered me $3.5k sgd per mth, hosuing rental they settle full, a year back to sing twice by SQ, cpf contribute.. That's all. I ponder awhile to find issit worth while. after bro singviet mention, maybe my package even sux more big time. lolz

I think its quite reasonable, I would say......

naemlo
14-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I ponder awhile to find issit worth while.

It depends on what position you will be holding in Vietnam. Sometimes, "commission" make it worth staying there. :D

SingViet
15-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I think its quite reasonable, I would say......

It really depends on what you expect. Most of the time, most people will expect terms that are better than in singapore for working abroad. If you are yearning to stay with your ban gai there, you will go there to work even if they offer you 2k for 15 years of working experience ;)

leecs
15-05-2011, 11:13 AM
It really depends on what you expect. Most of the time, most people will expect terms that are better than in singapore for working abroad. If you are yearning to stay with your ban gai there, you will go there to work even if they offer you 2k for 15 years of working experience ;)

Very true... the power of love is stronger than anything...:):)

jackbl
15-05-2011, 02:06 PM

If you are earning almost the same here, then I still think that your package is consider OK. You need to consider your salary scale is it balance with your job scope. The pull factor must be there, is there something in VN that you are going after. e,g. gf, easier working environment, less pressure, night scenes, etc :D

If not wrong, you wont be tax your salary in vn, only sgp yearly income tax.

U need to worry only on the transport and meals. If u r in sgp, u also need to spend on these ma. Unless u stay v far fr office and always eat restaurant, I dun think u will spend more than in sgp.

SingViet
15-05-2011, 03:34 PM
If not wrong, you wont be tax your salary in vn, only sgp yearly income tax.

you are terribly wrong on this ;)

tax rates for foreigners working in vn can be up to 40% of total income earned.

leecs
15-05-2011, 05:53 PM

:eek::eek:

Thats alot. I know expatriates will be taxed but didnt know it would be so much..

naemlo
15-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Thats alot. I know expatriates will be taxed but didnt know it would be so much..

Most countries tax a lot on foreign workers. In this part of the world, guess SG is the most foreign workers friendly.

I have been working in 3 different cities for more than 5 years..... none of the country is friendly to tax me less than 30% :(

If you need a Work permit or visa then you are subject to Vietnam tax regardless of where you are paid, unless you "work" in Vietnam with a tourist/social/etc visa then you dun have to pay tax. Just like those gers who goes to SG to work in pubs....

leecs
15-05-2011, 07:05 PM
If you need a Work permit or visa then you are subject to Vietnam tax regardless of where you are paid, unless you "work" in Vietnam with a tourist/social/etc visa then you dun have to pay tax. Just like those gers who goes to SG to work in pubs....

I see. Thanks. I think I will choose the latter....:D:D

Planning on going, but difficult to find local companies in VN. If I work in VN companies, I can survive in VN but I cant send money home...:(:(

naemlo
15-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Planning on going, but difficult to find local companies in VN. If I work in VN companies, I can survive in VN but I cant send money home...:(:(

All the best....

Forget to add, there is clause in the tax law, you might want to check it out. If u r in Vietnam total for more than 180 days in a calendar year, they can tax you too but till now I have not hear anyone is tax for this case.

leecs
15-05-2011, 08:36 PM
All the best....

Forget to add, there is clause in the tax law, you might want to check it out. If u r in Vietnam total for more than 180 days in a calendar year, they can tax you too but till now I have not hear anyone is tax for this case.

Thanks, will take note............:):)

Golden question
15-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Most countries tax a lot on foreign workers. In this part of the world, guess SG is the most foreign workers friendly.I have been working in 3 different cities for more than 5 years..... none of the country is friendly to tax me less than 30% :(

that's why now sg is flooded with lots of foreigner,who will not go to a country with tax friendly to them and still can send money back to their own country

leecs
15-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks, will take note............:):)

My British Chinese friend stayed there for 2 years & hes not being taxed....:eek::D

naemlo
15-05-2011, 10:11 PM
My British Chinese friend stayed there for 2 years & hes not being taxed....:eek::D

U can do anything but dun get caught. :D

leecs
15-05-2011, 11:09 PM
U can do anything but dun get caught. :D

Correct.........:p

Get caught, just pay under table lor.:D

jackbl
16-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the valuable info :)

vagrant
16-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Get caught, just pay under table lor.:D

Vietnam personal income tax rates are progressive to 35%. Nonresidents are taxed at a flat tax rate of 20%. Nonemployment income is taxed at rates from 0.1% to 25%.

Taxable Income per year (VND) Tax rate
VND 0 - 60,000,000 5%
VND 60,000,000 - 120,000,000 10%
VND 120,000,000 - 216,000,000 15%
VND 216,000,000 - 384,000,000 20%
VND 384,000,000 - 624,000,000 25%
VND 624,000,000 - 960,000,000 30%
Above VND 960,000,000 35%

Residents - Other tax rates on resident individuals
Income from capital investment, copyright and franchise activities 5%
Income from transfer of capital 20%
Income from transfer of real estate 25%

Non-residents - Other tax rates on non-resident individuals
Income from business and production of goods 1%
Income from business and production of services 5%
Manufacturing, construction, transport and other activities 2%
Salary and wages 20%
Income from capital investment 5%
Transfer of capital 0.1%
Transfer of real estate 2%
Copyright and franchise activities 5%
Lottery wins, inheritance and gifts which are securities, capital or assets 10%

All residents and non-residents are subject to Personal Income Tax in Vietnam.

A resident is liable to pay tax on income sourced in Vietnam as well as on the
portion of income from foreign sources (except for non-taxable income, including
income from real estate transferred between a husband, wife and blood-relations,
scholarships, and overseas remittances).

Deductions are available for family considerations for residents, comprising children
under 18, unemployed spouses and elderly and unemployed parents.

Individuals are responsible for self-declaration and payment of tax.

Tax Basis – Vietnamese residents are taxed on their worldwide income; nonresidents are taxed only on Vietnamese-source income.

Residence – An individual is resident if he/she: (1) spends 183 days or more in the aggregate in a 12-month period in Vietnam starting from the date the individual arrives in Vietnam; (2) maintains a residence in Vietnam; or (3) has leased a residence for 90 days or more in a tax year.

Tax Filing status – Individuals must file separate tax returns; joint tax filing is not permitted.

Taxable income – Employment income, including most employment benefits, is taxable. As from 1 January 2009, dividends (except for government bonds), interest (except for bank deposits and life insurance), capital gains from securities trading, private business income and other income from franchising, inheritance, the transfer of land use rights, and gifts/winnings or prizes are taxable in Vietnam. Profits derived from the carrying on of a trade or profession generally are taxed in the same way as profits derived by companies.

Taxation of Capital gains – Gains from a capital assignment and/or securities trading are subject to 0.1% tax on the gross sale or 20% of net profit.

So many things taxable :(
under table better...:D

leecs
16-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Vietnam personal income tax rates are progressive to 35%. Nonresidents are taxed at a flat tax rate of 20%. Nonemployment income is taxed at rates from 0.1% to 25%.

Taxable Income per year (VND) Tax rate
VND 0 - 60,000,000 5%
VND 60,000,000 - 120,000,000 10%
VND 120,000,000 - 216,000,000 15%
VND 216,000,000 - 384,000,000 20%
VND 384,000,000 - 624,000,000 25%
VND 624,000,000 - 960,000,000 30%
Above VND 960,000,000 35%

Residents - Other tax rates on resident individuals
Income from capital investment, copyright and franchise activities 5%
Income from transfer of capital 20%
Income from transfer of real estate 25%

Non-residents - Other tax rates on non-resident individuals
Income from business and production of goods 1%
Income from business and production of services 5%
Manufacturing, construction, transport and other activities 2%
Salary and wages 20%
Income from capital investment 5%
Transfer of capital 0.1%
Transfer of real estate 2%
Copyright and franchise activities 5%
Lottery wins, inheritance and gifts which are securities, capital or assets 10%

All residents and non-residents are subject to Personal Income Tax in Vietnam.

A resident is liable to pay tax on income sourced in Vietnam as well as on the
portion of income from foreign sources (except for non-taxable income, including
income from real estate transferred between a husband, wife and blood-relations,
scholarships, and overseas remittances).

Deductions are available for family considerations for residents, comprising children
under 18, unemployed spouses and elderly and unemployed parents.

Individuals are responsible for self-declaration and payment of tax.

Tax Basis – Vietnamese residents are taxed on their worldwide income; nonresidents are taxed only on Vietnamese-source income.

Residence – An individual is resident if he/she: (1) spends 183 days or more in the aggregate in a 12-month period in Vietnam starting from the date the individual arrives in Vietnam; (2) maintains a residence in Vietnam; or (3) has leased a residence for 90 days or more in a tax year.

Tax Filing status – Individuals must file separate tax returns; joint tax filing is not permitted.

Taxable income – Employment income, including most employment benefits, is taxable. As from 1 January 2009, dividends (except for government bonds), interest (except for bank deposits and life insurance), capital gains from securities trading, private business income and other income from franchising, inheritance, the transfer of land use rights, and gifts/winnings or prizes are taxable in Vietnam. Profits derived from the carrying on of a trade or profession generally are taxed in the same way as profits derived by companies.

Taxation of Capital gains – Gains from a capital assignment and/or securities trading are subject to 0.1% tax on the gross sale or 20% of net profit.

So many things taxable :(
under table better...:D

Troi oi. This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D

Golden question
16-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Troi oi. This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D

cos not much viet people there can be tax due to most of the people hardly earn enough every month,not like sg got many middle income people that sg goverment can tax,thats why they have to come out with 'creative' things to tax those rich or foreigner that earn big bulk there.i think most viet is either very rich or very poor and not much middle income people :(

naemlo
17-05-2011, 12:55 AM
i think most viet is either very rich or very poor and not much middle income people :(

A lot of my business partners in Hanoi "earns" 2,3 k USD per month, middle income but they drive Merc, Porsche.... :D

Golden question
17-05-2011, 10:57 AM
A lot of my business partners in Hanoi "earns" 2,3 k USD per month, middle income but they drive Merc, Porsche.... :D

seem like their middle income people is more rich compare to our middle income cos our middle income drive car which is under instalement:D

leecs
17-05-2011, 11:13 AM
a lot of my business partners in hanoi "earns" 2,3 k usd per month, middle income but they drive merc, porsche.... :d

话中有话。。。。。。。。。:d

SING_IN_HCMC
17-05-2011, 02:58 PM

anh oi, clarify "business" partners leh:p kang or bu ones?

naemlo
17-05-2011, 08:26 PM
seem like their middle income people is more rich compare to our middle income cos our middle income drive car which is under instalement:D

Cos their middle income ppl dun earn only salary :D

话中有话。。。。。。。。。:d

That's y it is good to do business in Vietnam but not suitable for those who goes by books.

anh oi, clarify "business" partners leh:p kang or bu ones?

Kang type... bu ones are my sex partners.

SingViet
18-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Cos their middle income ppl dun earn only salary :D

That's y it is good to do business in Vietnam but not suitable for those who goes by books.

Kang type... bu ones are my sex partners.

If you depend on salary alone, most of the time, you will not be earning enuff to have a good life in vietnam. `Coffee money' is just too common in Vietnam. For example, if you give `coffee money', your business licence will be approved within a week or two. If you don't, be prepared to wait for a few months. When you start an office in a new district, the ward police will pay you ` a visit', and this `visits' will be monthly as long as you are there. Each visit will require you to give them some `pocket money'

To the straight by the books Singapore businessman, this is bad news. They can never get things done in Vietnam. But if you are those that believe in `off the books' tactics, vietnam will be a good place to do business. But Singapore businessman still have to learn to be as `mean' as their viet counterparts. Singaporeans are generally `passive and kind hearted', a direct opposite of Vietnamese businessman.

Corruption is good for the businessman who wants to get things done, but bad for the normal folks who are poor and cannot afford to pay `extra'. The same goes for gals, if you have the money, you can get as many and as many variety as you want. Money corrupts the mind, but often, our minds are not too corrupted. :D

rudolf
18-05-2011, 05:11 PM
any bros know what does this means? thank alot

muon quen tat' ca~ moi thu de~ di den mot noi yen binh`...mot cuoc song' chan' nan va` met moi~

KangTuo
18-05-2011, 06:46 PM
the ward police will pay you ` a visit', and this `visits' will be monthly as long as you are there. Each visit will require you to give them some `pocket money'

they can come in groups of 15 to disturb the business. demanding for about vnd100,000,000 pass few times. knn, getting more and more greedy. shop closed due to this frequent disturbance. :(

vagrant
18-05-2011, 11:52 PM
demanding for about vnd100,000,000 pass few times

wah, abt 6K SGD ?!! :eek::eek:

papillon30
19-05-2011, 09:33 AM
they can come in groups of 15 to disturb the business. demanding for about vnd100,000,000 pass few times. knn, getting more and more greedy. shop closed due to this frequent disturbance. :(

http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/Pages/20110509121232.aspx

Hired thugs are usually from Hai Phong.

deptrai4u
19-05-2011, 09:38 AM

muon quen tat' ca~ moi thu de~ di den mot noi yen binh`...mot cuoc song' chan' nan va` met moi~

Want to forget everything... leave everything.. to go to a quiet place... a very sad life and tiring.

lament
19-05-2011, 10:38 AM

want to forget everything, go to somewhere peaceful to do so, a life that is tiring and sad......

uatforsammyboy
19-05-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/Pages/20110509121232.aspx

Hired thugs are usually from Hai Phong.

In Vietnam, Hai Phong men are famous/notorious for being highly (or most???) aggressive and hot-tempered, never hesitating to resort to violence to "settle issues". That's why people from other Vietnam cities/provinces literally fear Hai Phong men. This fear is not unfounded :D.

But in the particular case reported in above link, I couldn't find any mention that the thugs were from Hai Phong. I could have missed it.

rudolf
19-05-2011, 12:04 PM
thank alot bros for all whom help me to convert..

hmm at least understand whats it's mean..

Golden question
19-05-2011, 07:47 PM

still remember going to a viet forum about doing business in vietnam.An ang mo ask what kind of small business,like open a small shop, is good to do in vietnam as he have only 10 000usd.an ang mo who have been doing business there for the past 10 years comment :Do not do business in vietnam if u dont know what and how to do.Use you 10 000usd on charity for poor people is better than giving to those corrupted official there and your money will be gone before u start your business :D

SureScore
19-05-2011, 08:48 PM
thank alot bros for all whom help me to convert..

hmm at least understand whats it's mean..

You only thank here when you posted everywhere.

lament
20-05-2011, 12:01 AM
In Vietnam, Hai Phong men are famous/notorious for being highly (or most???) aggressive and hot-tempered, never hesitating to resort to violence to "settle issues". That's why people from other Vietnam cities/provinces literally fear Hai Phong men. This fear is not unfounded :D.

But in the particular case reported in above link, I couldn't find any mention that the thugs were from Hai Phong. I could have missed it.

That's what I heard from the ground, most of the thugs are from the central north region of vietnam........

RealEstateGuy
20-05-2011, 01:48 AM
SG is a modern advanced society and basically a "western" society. Why you people choose to enter the third world is really a mystery to me.

stresser
20-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Bros out there. I need some help..i cannot change the mind of my vietnam gf who tinks tt working in those pubs/ktv can earn more..see police run..
i have advised her to work in those vietnam food shops in sg..but i duno how much can she earn n bring back monthly..pls advise..i am wearing myself out..

shysaint
20-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Bros out there. I need some help..i cannot change the mind of my vietnam gf who tinks tt working in those pubs/ktv can earn more..see police run..
i have advised her to work in those vietnam food shops in sg..but i duno how much can she earn n bring back monthly..pls advise..i am wearing myself out..

It's true facts that working in those places can earn more $$$ ... However to convince her not to work in those places is not in terms of $$$ but something else. You have to educate her but it's not easy!

Many bros try that , some successfully done so, some fail miserably ...

Ask yourself wat you want out of her? Do u know and understand Wats her needs? Are you able to provide for her and her 'family'? How much you understand about their cultures?

SingViet
20-05-2011, 09:16 AM
It's true facts that working in those places can earn more $$$ ... However to convince her not to work in those places is not in terms of $$$ but something else. You have to educate her but it's not easy!

Many bros try that , some successfully done so, some fail miserably ...

Ask yourself wat you want out of her? Do u know and understand Wats her needs? Are you able to provide for her and her 'family'? How much you understand about their cultures?

Yes you are right. But before we start to question why most bros failed to convince their girls to change line, we have to take a look at their family. Most of the girls go into this line because of family demands and pressure for money. Others jobs cannot bring much income as these gals are not highly educated. Working as WL will provide them with the highest income and highest level of fun within the shortest period of time.

Unless the girls can put down the pressure and demands for money from family members and start thinking of their own future, or else its fruitless .

naemlo
20-05-2011, 09:56 AM
That's what I heard from the ground, most of the thugs are from the central north region of vietnam........

The north will say south, the south will say north. Aren't it stupid when both cities belong to the same country? The north loves to stamp my passport from the last page of my passport and the south from the front. :rolleyes: Sometime, I went in from Hanoi n out from HCMC or the other ways, they have trouble finding my stamp..... :rolleyes:

There r thugs everywhere in Vietnam. When u commit crime, will the authority bothers u r north or south vietnam? :D

U have to know the reason why.... there r few reasons, lazy, greed n pressure factors.

Pressure from family to ask money from her often.
Lazy to work hard to earn little money.
Greed, this is the easiest to earn big money at a short time.

To earn money fast is always easiest when dealing with illegal stuff. Ppl will continue cause easy n big money but once they r caught they will regret but too late.

Knowing the above points, will determine your decision. Take your time to talk to her and end of the day if she dun listen then move on.

For me, either 1 of them is time to move on. :D There r millions of SYT in Vietnam.

Golden question
20-05-2011, 10:15 AM

u say u are wearing out so meaning to say u have try many times.is very difficult to change their mind cos u must remember 1 thing,she need the fast money to bring back for her family.can u provide her?if no,u have to ask yourself,let go or close one eye.

age also play a part,if she is very young,the chances of her working in vietnam food shops is slim.:)

lament
20-05-2011, 12:28 PM
[/COLOR]

u say u are wearing out so meaning to say u have try many times.is very difficult to change their mind cos u must remember 1 thing,she need the fast money to bring back for her family.can u provide her?if no,u have to ask yourself,let go or close one eye.

age also play a part,if she is very young,the chances of her working in vietnam food shops is slim.:)

the problem is many prongs...

the mian thing lies in that they are too nice to their family, many of them shower their family with the money they make making the family thirst for more and in time create their own problem again.

I always tell them to give enough to their family and not expose them to higher wealth. a day will come when they work no more but the family stills want more ....so really whoose fault is it ...

papillon30
20-05-2011, 12:59 PM

http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/Pages/20110508103126.aspx

The victim, Phan Van Lan, 40, director of Lan Thao Enterprise, was shot dead on May 6 by a hit man from the northern port city of Hai Phong that Thanh had hired, the source said.

rudolf
20-05-2011, 01:02 PM
You only thank here when you posted everywhere.

Paiseh.. just log in & saw it..

Would do a thank to other bros whom have help too.

lament
20-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The north will say south, the south will say north. Aren't it stupid when both cities belong to the same country? The north loves to stamp my passport from the last page of my passport and the south from the front. :rolleyes: Sometime, I went in from Hanoi n out from HCMC or the other ways, they have trouble finding my stamp..... :rolleyes:

There r thugs everywhere in Vietnam. When u commit crime, will the authority bothers u r north or south vietnam? :D

This is what i gather from a northerner ....

Hurricane88
20-05-2011, 07:23 PM

eh...dun think you she can get work permit for working legally in sinkie...Vn is not in the approved list for this jobs...as waitresses, shop assistants,...unless she is a PR...:p

PRC gers are approved and earns around 1-1.5k per month.

rudolf
20-05-2011, 09:53 PM
eh...dun think you she can get work permit for working legally in sinkie...Vn is not in the approved list for this jobs...as waitresses, shop assistants,...unless she is a PR...:p

PRC gers are approved and earns around 1-1.5k per month.

yeah...as far as i know our ah gong don approve yet as guess they also know the 2 main factors in vietnamese..

1)Lazy to work hard to earn little money.
2)Greed, this is the easiest to earn big money at a short time.