PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Sha_Gua75
22-01-2008, 09:54 PM
The vietnamese have a lot of traditions and cultures that are passed down from China. But they still try their best to deny the linkage to Chinese culture ;)

Maybe should try linking them with USA...they will most likely say ya ya :p

naemlo
22-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I have a vietnamese friend who can claim that Singapore is wrong by celebrating the Chinese New Year by a day too late :o

A lunar calendar is a calendar that is based on cycles of the moon phase. Unless Vietnam view moon phasing is different from the rest of the world. :D

naemlo
22-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe should try linking them with USA...they will most likely say ya ya :p

Hmmm linking them with the losers??? :D

Lonelydick
22-01-2008, 10:26 PM
it is the same everywhere I guess...anyone, anywhere can have some beliefs....I believed that you also heard of cant buy shoes fr GF if not gf will wear the shoe and run....or if u lend something sharp to ur friend, u must make sure ur friend returns it if not ur friendship will break up....

The rose part i never encounter b4...but the perfume story i encounter it b4 :D

My viet gal always ask me to pay for the shoe she fancy and I told her I cannot buy for her, she say vietnam ok to buy shoe for gals.:confused:

KangTuo
22-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Is it true that they had this weird 'old-people' saying?

I bought roses for my gf and she said that she cant bring this home unless the roses were given to her at her house in the first place. Otherwise, we might break up.
Furthermore, I also bought some DFS perfume for her and she say she must 'pay' me otherwise we will break up. Yup, she did 'pay' me but only VND10,000.

Never heard my gf say leh. I bot her 99 roses and had it delivered to our hotel room. She see it, damn happy.
I also bot her perfume.. but it's me who tell her to pay me abit. she did pay VND2,000. But than she say if i buy perfume for her, i will not be lucky. so everytime go out, she will spray on me... whao lao, a guy spray gal perfume.. so flowery smell so more.

they follow the same lunar calendar as the chinese.
I tot they always 1 day ahead of the lunar calendar...

Sha_Gua75
22-01-2008, 11:29 PM

they are ahead for yr 2007...and I have ask sme vietnamese abt thisb4...and they claim that the government is the one who count when is the chinese new yr and even after they know they make the mistake of earlier one day when compared with the rest of the world...they actually refuse to change back to the correct one....this is what I heard...dont know how true is it

I just checked the link here Holidays Calendar (http://www.web-holidays.com/calendar/february/index.htm) ...and it seems that this yrs their Tet and our Chinese New Yr falls on the same day 7th Feb 2008 :D

SingViet
23-01-2008, 07:01 AM
they are ahead for yr 2007...and I have ask sme vietnamese abt thisb4...and they claim that the government is the one who count when is the chinese new yr and even after they know they make the mistake of earlier one day when compared with the rest of the world...they actually refuse to change back to the correct one....this is what I heard...dont know how true is it

I just checked the link here Holidays Calendar (http://www.web-holidays.com/calendar/february/index.htm) ...and it seems that this yrs their Tet and our Chinese New Yr falls on the same day 7th Feb 2008 :D

The Vietnamese government in hanoi is always at odds with the Chinese Government in Beijing. The Chinese - Vietnamese boarder war in the 1980s has seen hanoi losing face. Chinese armed forces were all the way into Vietnam and surrounded Hanoi. In fact, Hanoi wouldn't have won the Vietnam War against the americans if its without the Chinese backup and support in logistics and many other areas.

After the boarder war with China, Hanoi had anti-chinese sentiments and even started to drive out Vietnamese Chinese. Many of this vietnamese chinese ended up in the western countries. Until recently, Vietnam and China are still at odds over terrorities and other matters. But one thing Hanoi is good at is to brain wash its people. Majority of its people are not interested in current affairs. They are only interested in the translated Chinese drama serial shown on VTV, HTV and the many other TV stations thru out the country ;)

SingViet
23-01-2008, 07:04 AM

The Vietnamese government in hanoi is always at odds with the Chinese Government in Beijing. The Chinese - Vietnamese boarder war in the 1980s has seen hanoi losing face. Chinese armed forces were all the way into Vietnam and surrounded Hanoi. In fact, Hanoi wouldn't have won the Vietnam War against the americans if its without the Chinese backup and support in logistics and many other areas.

After the boarder war with China, Hanoi had anti-chinese sentiments and even started to drive out Vietnamese Chinese. Many of this vietnamese chinese ended up in the western countries. Until recently, Vietnam and China are still at odds over terrorities and other matters. But one thing Hanoi is good at is to brain wash its people. Majority of its people are not interested in current affairs. They are only interested in the translated Chinese drama serial shown on VTV, HTV and the many other TV stations thru out the country ;) (btw, all these drama serial are shown in the morning, during lunch time, in early afternoon, late afternoon and in evening, KNN, have never seen so many drama serial shown over the TV thru out the day.)

snipeshot08
23-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Chao anh trai SS08,

Sorry i took so long to get back to you on this....

The ao dai she chose the tailor herself. Basically i was quite hands-off on this matter, apart from giving her the 500k VND to buy the materials and the sewing.

No problem;), guess most guys will just give the $$ and forget about the hassle:D

I wanted something different and also unique, original Ao dai but with a chinese twist if possible, thats why I need to talk to the tailor:p

Cheerios....SS08 ^_^

papillon30
23-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Is it true that they had this weird 'old-people' saying?

I bought roses for my gf and she said that she cant bring this home unless the roses were given to her at her house in the first place. Otherwise, we might break up.
Furthermore, I also bought some DFS perfume for her and she say she must 'pay' me otherwise we will break up. Yup, she did 'pay' me but only VND10,000. Haha.
Again, the same weird reason. :confused:

She explained that the elders in her family taught her that. Hmm their traditions/customs quite conservative and weird? At the same time, I also find this amusing.

Another weird 'old-people' saying - to avoid breakup, must open joint bank account(u put in, she takes out).:D

baggior
23-01-2008, 03:19 PM
\

Understandable that comparing is inevitable, but vietnamese tend to compare too openly for comfort. Listen to your wife's conversation with other vietnamese ladies and you will surely encounter what i have encountered. ;)

Hi everyone, 1st time posting in this thread but i totally agree with what bro Singviet has said, somehow or other my bx likes to show off to her friends about how nice i am to her, how humorous i am and stuff like that, but never show off how much $ i have or how much i earn la cos im poor...... :D

Torres_Mok
23-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi everyone, 1st time posting in this thread but i totally agree with what bro Singviet has said, somehow or other my bx likes to show off to her friends about how nice i am to her, how humorous i am and stuff like that, but never show off how much $ i have or how much i earn la cos im poor...... :D

maybe u hv not encounter yet! basically viet gal like to compare every things :)

baggior
23-01-2008, 03:37 PM
maybe u hv not encounter yet! basically viet gal like to compare every things :)

yeah seems like face very important to them as well, only say good things like how good i am, then bad things about me she never say haha

SingViet
23-01-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah seems like face very important to them as well, only say good things like how good i am, then bad things about me she never say haha

Of course got to sell her foreigner ong xa well.... you will even be better if you bring out US$1000 for her to buy gold chain ;)

baggior
23-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Of course got to sell her foreigner ong xa well.... you will even be better if you bring out US$1000 for her to buy gold chain ;)

heh luckily she's financially not a problem to me.... initially like u had some financial problems but i always educate her about managing of finances and all that. so now everything about $ she will ask me n she knows i dun like it when she wants to buy stuff. even buy stuff for me i also dun really like. its my $ after all!!!:D

KangTuo
24-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Got zapped again with a reply to my signature...
Dunno the zapper got how many account. :confused:

Thread: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner
Date: 23-01-2008 06:30 PM
Comment: Of course I do eat rice and EPL forum is designated for soccer discussion but as for your dog's food there is no room for discussion here & you all only wasting bandwidth. Shawn Koh

Torres_Mok
24-01-2008, 07:41 AM

Comment: Of course I do eat rice and EPL forum is designated for soccer discussion but as for your dog's food there is no room for discussion here & you all only wasting bandwidth. Shawn Koh

I want to up u, too bad i hv up b4 roi.:D

Honey Boon
24-01-2008, 10:47 AM
how about the Viet men? Do they also like to compare? :eek:

I<3Ivy
24-01-2008, 12:27 PM

Not sure, but if you ask my BX she will say viet men "thich uong ruou".
Haha...

Lunchtime can see them downing a cold one at the corner pub, hehe.

I<3Ivy
24-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I also bot her perfume.. but it's me who tell her to pay me abit. she did pay VND2,000. But than she say if i buy perfume for her, i will not be lucky. so everytime go out, she will spray on me... whao lao, a guy spray gal perfume.. so flowery smell so more.

My BX likes perfume also and she even hinted many times before I started buying it for her... haha.

But there was no "unlucky" or "break up" thing from her end. I suppose it's just a passed down tradition.

But damn shiok la, to have her cuddle up to you smelling of the perfume you gave her.

Though i find vietnamese girls in general, love using ALOT of perfume! Wah kaoz, those designer perfumes (which only come in 50ml bottles) she spray like nobody's business... :D After hugging her i come off smelling of her too.

v.killers
24-01-2008, 05:10 PM

Bro,

Dont worry lah...me too got Zap many times and leave below comment...guess he got atlease 5-6 clones.....:rolleyes:

Just cannot understand why you all like to spend $ on foreign country especially Vietnam. Do you know its make Singapore men look stupid !!!

Just leave it lah.....Bo Lan Pa fcuker only sit behide computer talk cock and PCC...:mad:

humblesexer
24-01-2008, 07:02 PM
seriously vietnamese language is hard to learn especially when comes to speaking and pronounciation

Torres_Mok
24-01-2008, 07:10 PM

They only good at toying with viet gals feeling.:)

KangTuo
24-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes... they compare how lazy they are and how many viet gal feed them...
But be fair to the viet men. There are still a minority that is clever, hard working and really knows how to make big bucks.

Sha_Gua75
24-01-2008, 09:45 PM

maybe viet man have been comparing sing how long they dont need to work but still manage to survive :D

Sha_Gua75
24-01-2008, 09:51 PM

hmmm...I ever seen dog rice....he say he eat rice...so dog eat rice = he eat rice= he is dog :D

as far as I know or seen...i havent chance upon a dog which eat com tam :p

since he leave name for this zap...then can check with boss...see if it is really Shawn Koh who zap u

PS: nvm abt that zap...here one viet girl self-pic pic to cool u down :D

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/vngirlselfportrait.jpg

v.killers
25-01-2008, 05:25 AM
hmmm...I ever seen dog rice....he say he eat rice...so dog eat rice = he eat rice= he is dog :D

as far as I know or seen...i havent chance upon a dog which eat com tam :p

since he leave name for this zap...then can check with boss...see if it is really Shawn Koh who zap u

Anh Hay qua...:D

Thom07
25-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Never heard my gf say leh. I bot her 99 roses and had it delivered to our hotel room. She see it, damn happy.

Yup, I think all girls will like roses. It was the 1st time that my gf had received roses and she was so touched that she almost dropped tears.

Bro KT, which shop did you patronise? Care to share? Next time will ask for delivery to surprise her. Didn't realise that there is delivery services also. Hmm , what is the reason(belief) that prompt you to ask your gf to 'pay' a bit?

Last year, in VN, it was a day ahead for CNY. When my gf told me that it was the 1st day of CNY, I was quite surprised as I was preparing for reunion dinner only. From that day onwards, I always assume that they will always be a day ahead until Bro Sha_Gua posted that it was not. :o

Thom07
25-01-2008, 09:34 PM

Drooling... Sweet-looking, young and Hot !! :D

Sha_Gua75
25-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Drooling... Sweet-looking, young and Hot !! :D

This one just for you.....

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/AoDai/AoDai_MaiPhuonhThuy.jpg

SingViet
26-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Wah, Bro Sha Gua becoming supplier of Viet Gals Pics.... ;)

KangTuo
26-01-2008, 12:21 PM

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/vngirlselfportrait.jpg

lao chui nao liao.... :D
but neh neh not big enough :p

KangTuo
26-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Bro KT, which shop did you patronise? Care to share? Next time will ask for delivery to surprise her. Didn't realise that there is delivery services also.

ehhh... my bro wife settle it for me wan. I never visit the flower ship there before. something like $35 for 99 stalks + delivery...
There seems aot flower shops around. If you go buy, you can ask them to deliver. I bet they will do it.

Thom07
26-01-2008, 12:56 PM
ehhh... my bro wife settle it for me wan. I never visit the flower ship there before. something like $35 for 99 stalks + delivery...
There seems aot flower shops around. If you go buy, you can ask them to deliver. I bet they will do it.

I see. Thanks for the info. But then, I guess this option is out for me at this moment because my Tieng Viet really CMI hence can't communicated with them. :o
Big neh neh is your favourite. Haha. :p

Thom07
26-01-2008, 01:15 PM
This one just for you.....

Haha. You are making me ho**y. :D

Thom07
26-01-2008, 01:32 PM
To the person who zap me, what is wrong with buying flower for my gf? Dont tell me you had never bought any flowers for your loved one before? :eek:

Maybe you had some bad experience with VN girls before and that would explain why you are acting in such a manner. Perhaps it is time to let go of the past and move on. This way, you will feel much better emotionally. No point dwelling on the past. There are good and bad people in all countries. One should not stereotype all just because of a single incident. ;)

FYI, I didn't got to know my gf through KTVs or JC. She is not a WL. She is the cousin of my friend's wife. We are serious about each other and I do intend to marry her if all goes well. If this is your concern in the 1st place. :)

Sorry to bother the rest with this post.

Sha_Gua75
26-01-2008, 01:54 PM
To the person who zap me, what is wrong with buying flower for my gf? Dont tell me you had never bought any flowers for your loved one before? :eek:

Sorry to bother the rest with this post.

nvm la...let him zap la...the dog (the one who eat rice and dog eat rice) is a crazy one...he have a agenda against viet so let him be...

Even sillypore is also doing business with vn, ask him go fark the government lor if his balls so big...fark here zap pple also no use...

Btw...I was wondering if he happens to use some product which is Made in Vietnam...nowadays have those branded stuff which is made in there... :D

Anyway just up u back...you have the powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

fullboost2bar
26-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Troi oi ! write about com tam & roses also can get zap...:eek: Think our friend here have problem with vietnam...pls dun zap me, just expressing my views

SingViet
26-01-2008, 05:08 PM

bro, lots of viet gals of better quality than that in Vietnam. :p

AlanPHD
26-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Hope to find one that really suit me one day.:)

Sha_Gua75
26-01-2008, 05:35 PM

same girl in Ao Dai

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/1463796308_4042d5ded9.jpg

Torres_Mok
26-01-2008, 05:47 PM
same girl in Ao Dai

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/1463796308_4042d5ded9.jpg

Really this gal r viet, she look more like PRC:)

Sha_Gua75
26-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Really this gal r viet, she look more like PRC:)

She is Mai Phương Thúy 10th Miss Vietnam(2006). At 1.79m, she is the tallest Miss Vietnam till date.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/2072631795_f93e23c9b4.jpg

jackbl
27-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Some info of her ;

Miss World 2007: the official website - 2007 contestants (http://www.missworld.tv/bio/bio.sps?iBiographyID=92278)

She is Mai Phương Thúy 10th Miss Vietnam(2006). At 1.79m, she is the tallest Miss Vietnam till date.

SingViet
27-01-2008, 08:01 AM
She is not too bad looking. But there are many others in Vietnam that's more outstanding than her in looks department. Only the not so pretty but thinks that she's pretty goes to beauty contest, those that are really pretty needs no further confirmation ;)

killerkiller
27-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Dear bro Sha_Gua75

If my baxa like her.... everyday stay at home.... and tell her anh muon em nhieu nhieu.... cheers:p

killerkiller

Sha_Gua75
27-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Dear bro Sha_Gua75

If my baxa like her.... everyday stay at home.... and tell her anh muon em nhieu nhieu.... cheers:p

killerkiller

no matter how chio ur baxa is...soon u also get tired...it is the heart does matter :o

Sha_Gua75
27-01-2008, 10:54 AM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/318489902_f0bf6361e0.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/548038917_c427a904c9.jpg

Sha_Gua75
27-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Just 3 more pics if not we divert from the topic of understand Vietnamese Life Partner :D

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/2073425554_31e2e11d69.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/230192597_00a43f816b.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/Sha_Gua1975/Mai%20Phuong%20Thuy/1242292462_af66998d9f.jpg

SingViet
27-01-2008, 12:18 PM
no matter how chio ur baxa is...soon u also get tired...it is the heart does matter :o

I agree with Sha gua on this statement. When you are dating with your ba xa last time, she will put on make up when meeting you. But after getting married, you will see her more of NO make up. Not many ba xa can pass the test of NO make up and messy hair ;)

Thom07
27-01-2008, 02:42 PM
bro, lots of viet gals of better quality than that in Vietnam. :p

Haha. Yup. When on the motorbike with gf, I kept glancing left and right. Hehe. When she asked me why I kept looking here and there, I only said I'm just looking around at the building. :p

For me, I always tell my gf not to wear any make-up or keep it to a minimal. Purpose is to get used to it asap even b4 getting married..

~~~~~~~~~~~
Bro Sha_Gua75 and killerkiller,

Thanks for the pts. I guess he had bad experience before. Oh well, the pics are making me miss my gf and tempting me to look for 'release'. :D

Sha_Gua75
27-01-2008, 02:54 PM
For me, I always tell my gf not to wear any make-up or keep it to a minimal. Purpose is to get used to it asap even b4 getting married..

your gf look ugly without makeup meh :confused:

Thom07
27-01-2008, 03:07 PM
your gf look ugly without makeup meh :confused:

Hmm I mean that normally girls with make-up would look much better. But my personal preference is the natural looks. :p Had a hard time convincing her. I just like the way she looks when she just wake up. Hehe. Might seem weird to others. :o

SingViet
27-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Normally, when your Ba Xa not so pretty, you will tend to want to look at other better ones. Even at bars and discos, you will be on look out for better ones. But if your ba xa is pretty or above average, you will tend to look less as most of them out there cannot compare to your ba xa. So what type are you? No matter what, outside fun is just a short fling, love your ba xa and give her happiness :D if your ba xa can go thru a few years of ups and downs with you and still stick with you, then she is really the right one for you

Thom07
27-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Normally, when your Ba Xa not so pretty, you will tend to want to look at other better ones. Even at bars and discos, you will be on look out for better ones. But if your ba xa is pretty or above average, you will tend to look less as most of them out there cannot compare to your ba xa. So what type are you? ... if your ba xa can go thru a few years of ups and downs with you and still stick with you, then she is really the right one for you

Hmm I find my gf to be above average. Even my female friends also say so. Hehe. I'm the type of guy who would always be 'looking' around only. No harm 'scanning' around for babes right? I only look and see but never touch. :D I feel that males will always be on the 'lookout' for the opposite sex. Somehow, it seems to be our 2nd nature.

Nowadays, I'm controlling myself not to chiong anymore(my CNY resolution). It had been weeks since I last stepped into a KTV. Or should I say I'm giving up chionging for her? ;)

Yup, if all goes well during these few years, I am definitely going to ROM with her. And, I do hope she is the one for me. :p

BTW, Thanks for the pts.

Bored and alone at home so kept logging in and off. :o

Intel Ops
27-01-2008, 06:40 PM
this morning went to ICA to apply for extension of stay for my future bxa! waiting for 3.5 hours, KNN ended up cannot extend.

ICA officer told me my ROM date is about 2months away, so cannot extend for me. the ICA officer tell to go other country and bring her in again.

ANy bro here encounter this problem, please advise me!!!!!! i feel like official writing to president of SG>>>>> :cool: :mad:

Hi Bro, so how is it now ?

Sha_Gua75
27-01-2008, 06:43 PM

think that history roi :D

Torres_Mok
27-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Hmm I mean that normally girls with make-up would look much better. But my personal preference is the natural looks. :p

IMHO i thk majority of the viet gals do not make-up often. :)

Torres_Mok
27-01-2008, 09:36 PM

S_G hv given u the answer. :D

Thom07
28-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi all Bros, if this is not the place to write about this then pardon me ok? This is a real-life situation and I’m not making up the story. I just wanna hear some views on this and perhaps we could have a mini discussion and keep this thread on the first page.

Last week, my gf told me an incident that happened to her friend which makes my blood boil and pity her friend. :( Father passed away and the elder brother and sister act blur and didn't help out with the funeral. Keep saying no money then bo pian. I was like: "Hey, this is your father and how could you behave like that?" In the end, the friend had to borrow money for the funeral. My gf also can’t afford to lend much when her friend came to her house asking for help.

I thought that the end of this but I was very very wrong.

Only just yesterday, I thought I saw that friend at my gf house while on yahoo with her. From the small webcam window, I could see that she was sobbing in a corner or was she not?

Me: Who came to your house to play?
Gf: Ah vi (name of that friend)
Me: Ok.
Me: I think she is crying but not sure.
Gf: Really?? I go see her you don’t angry me ok
Me: Ok.

About 10 mins later,
Gf: Sorry today vi cry a lot
Me: Why she cry?
Gf: She argue with brother then brother hit her.
Me: Hit? Why brother hit?
Gf: They argue about their father thing.
Gf: Her brother not good.

As the conversation goes on, this is what I gathered. As they were supposed to do the weekly rituals for their deceased father, the 1st one was done by vi. (In this aspect, they seems to do the same as us in S’pore) Yesterday, during the afternoon, Vi ask her brother to do the 2nd one because she need to go to work but her brother refused. He said that CNY is coming so he don’t want to do. I was flabbergasted when I heard this. Such an unfilial son. Even worse than a bastard. This also anger Vi greatly and as a result, an argument erupted. In the midst of the argument, her brother punched her. This is a guy who is hen-pecked and doesn’t even dare to disobey his wife and yet he punched her own sister. Not once but a few times as a matter of fact. I did manage to see Vi’s face while consoling her. There were indeed a few visible bruises there and who knows the extend of damage in her other parts of the body. :mad:

Now, I want to send the most venomous sms(curse) of VN words to this ‘brother’ because we are acquaintances no more. For the first time in my life, I feel like ‘killing’ someone. I can’t believe that such people actually exist and that I knew him. :eek: Whenever I read about similar cases in the news, I don’t really feel anything. However, this is a wholly different experience. Perhaps such is common in many countries but when this actually happens to someone who you consider to be a friend, it changes the whole equation.

Thanks for bearing with me. I guess I need an outlet to vent my thoughts. Personally, I feel that Vi is a good girl and deserve a much better siblings. FYI, Vi is definitely not a WL in case there is any misunderstanding.

Hmm for the sms, I would need some inputs because my tieng viet really cmi. Your views on this? Is such case common? :confused: Let starts the ball rolling…

Thom

gremio82
28-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Torres_Mok
this morning went to ICA to apply for extension of stay for my future bxa! waiting for 3.5 hours, KNN ended up cannot extend.

ICA officer told me my ROM date is about 2months away, so cannot extend for me. the ICA officer tell to go other country and bring her in again.

ANy bro here encounter this problem, please advise me!!!!!! i feel like official writing to president of SG>>>>>

Sorry for bringing this up again. My nephew recently went ICA to try to extend his going-to-be wife and got told the most is 1 month extention. She came over at Dec end and going ROM at March end. Thats mean Fen end she needs to go back and come again.

Sha_Gua75
28-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Now, I want to send the most venomous sms(curse) of VN words to this ‘brother’ because we are acquaintances no more.

Hmm for the sms, I would need some inputs because my tieng viet really cmi.

forget about the sms and move on. It will bring u nothing but trouble :o

Torres_Mok
28-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Sorry for bringing this up again. My nephew recently went ICA to try to extend his going-to-be wife and got told the most is 1 month extention. She came over at Dec end and going ROM at March end. Thats mean Fen end she needs to go back and come again.

This is ICA rule and regulation, she hv to go back first becos of the only 1 mth extention rule. after rom she can apply for long term social visit pass and at the same time apply for PR. for more info can ask bro SV. :)

SingViet
29-01-2008, 08:58 AM
This is ICA rule and regulation, she hv to go back first becos of the only 1 mth extention rule. after rom she can apply for long term social visit pass and at the same time apply for PR. for more info can ask bro SV. :)

That's why my ear itchy... my name mentioned again.. hahahha. from my knowledge, no matter if you have booked your ROM date 3 mths or 2 mths later, one day the lady not married to you officially by law, she is still not allowed to stay in singapore for long. Best is for your ba xa to be in singapore 10 days before ROM, this is the safest and need not wait for damm long at ICA and realised later that cannot extend. Think about it, any tom dick and harry can say the viet gal and him ROm 3 mths later, but whether will really ROM, no one will know until that actual day. ICA doesn't want this to be used as excuse for viet or China WL to stay longer term in singapore. ;)

SingViet
29-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi all Bros, if this is not the place to write about this then pardon me ok? This is a real-life situation and I’m not making up the story. I just wanna hear some views on this and perhaps we could have a mini discussion and keep this thread on the first page.

Thom

Bro, not to pour cold water, but only believe 30% of what the viet gals say. I do understand that your future BA XA will marry you soon, but i will think that its better to only fully trust her after she has officially marry you for 2 years or more. If you do know how the vietnamese view foreigners, you will understand why i say this. You need to stay in vietnam for a few years and mix with the locals daily before you can understand. Even for my wife, i didn't trust her fully till 2 years after marriage when she has shown to me that she's worth the trust. Staying together is very different from dating, plus vietnamese are always full of ideas on how to trick foreigners. Get married first and let her prove her worth to you before throwing in all the trust ;)

jackbl
29-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Hi bro, seeing u so responsive to the queries of other bros, i really need to add good comment on u. Many of them have gained a lot from your advice. If you are free during CNY week, let me buy u a beer or 2. We have more than 1 yr didnt meet one another, hope that this new year can be a good reunion of brotherhood and sharing spirit.

Bro, not to pour cold water, but only believe 30% of what the viet gals say. I do understand that your future BA XA will marry you soon, but i will think that its better to only fully trust her after she has officially marry you for 2 years or more. If you do know how the vietnamese view foreigners, you will understand why i say this. You need to stay in vietnam for a few years and mix with the locals daily before you can understand. Even for my wife, i didn't trust her fully till 2 years after marriage when she has shown to me that she's worth the trust. Staying together is very different from dating, plus vietnamese are always full of ideas on how to trick foreigners. Get married first and let her prove her worth to you before throwing in all the trust ;)

justbob
29-01-2008, 10:08 AM
First of all, there is always two sides to every story. ALWAYS.

For all you Captain-save-a-ho who think that they can be so enraged by what a female has said, you guys need to cool your pants. If you make an enemy of someone when its none of your business, you pay for it in spades unless you guys like to look over your shoulders every minute.

Sorry to say this, but women lie to get compassion, sympathy and allies. Viet women especially. The only thing I see is them playing you like a fiddle. What is the point of all this drama?

Honey Boon
29-01-2008, 11:24 AM
some of my friends told me, they rather send their "ba xa" back instead of extending visa. Budget airlines is cheap now and only 2 hours travel time. In fact it is cheaper to maintain them in saigon than in singapore.

SingViet
29-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi bro, seeing u so responsive to the queries of other bros, i really need to add good comment on u. Many of them have gained a lot from your advice. If you are free during CNY week, let me buy u a beer or 2. We have more than 1 yr didnt meet one another, hope that this new year can be a good reunion of brotherhood and sharing spirit.

Bro, we share our experiences la. yes, we can always try to find an evening to meet up for a beer :D

SingViet
29-01-2008, 11:30 AM
some of my friends told me, they rather send their "ba xa" back instead of extending visa. Budget airlines is cheap now and only 2 hours travel time. In fact it is cheaper to maintain them in saigon than in singapore.

Bro, i will very much want to disagree on the `cheaper to maintain them in saigon' part. When these gals are in Saigon, their families from the province will visit them every other week. Very soon, your house in Saigon will become free hotel for her village folks when they come saigon. The daily household expenditure will skyrocket. Its better to maintain them in Singapore ;)

Honey Boon
29-01-2008, 11:30 AM
One thing we must "solute" the girls, they are just too creative in "cooking" up all kinds of stories. I have a few personal experiences dealing with them. What ever the stories are, finally it will lead to the issue of money. Of couse not all are like dat, I mean most of them are. Especially those WL working in Singapore.

Most of the time I will tell them. Don't waste time thinking of a new stories. Just tell me you want $$ and see how much I can afford. :D

Honey Boon
29-01-2008, 11:37 AM
yaya, heard that kind of things before. Their house being invaded by the family and relatives :D

he can't even find where is his bed :eek:

Bro, i will very much want to disagree on the `cheaper to maintain them in saigon' part. When these gals are in Saigon, their families from the province will visit them every other week. Very soon, your house in Saigon will become free hotel for her village folks when they come saigon. The daily household expenditure will skyrocket. Its better to maintain them in Singapore ;)

SingViet
29-01-2008, 11:53 AM
yaya, heard that kind of things before. Their house being invaded by the family and relatives :D

he can't even find where is his bed :eek:

My first house in Saigon has 4 rooms. I take the master bedroom while my maids take one other room. My wife's relatives visit her every other week and often, when i wake up in the morning and come out of my room, i don't even know the people taking breakfast in my house. The other 2 rooms were filled with up to 10 people. The worst being they turned on the aircon 24 hours and filled the whole bathtub with hotwater to take shower. KNN, one month power + water bills come up to nearly 8 million VND. During that time, SGD$1 = 7500 VND. I even got request from some relatives to allow them to stay in my house for free for 6 mths... DU MA :mad:

Honey Boon
29-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Bro, look at it at the positive sides....

all these because you can afford mah :D You are the lucky one

My first house in Saigon has 4 rooms. I take the master bedroom while my maids take one other room. My wife's relatives visit her every other week and often, when i wake up in the morning and come out of my room, i don't even know the people taking breakfast in my house. The other 2 rooms were filled with up to 10 people. The worst being they turned on the aircon 24 hours and filled the whole bathtub with hotwater to take shower. KNN, one month power + water bills come up to nearly 8 million VND. During that time, SGD$1 = 7500 VND. I even got request from some relatives to allow them to stay in my house for free for 6 mths... DU MA :mad:

Thom07
29-01-2008, 06:16 PM
forget about the sms and move on. It will bring u nothing but trouble :o

Perhaps you are right. I feel that anger had indeed clouded my judgement. Thanks for this timely reminder. :p

Thom07
29-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the advice. Hmm this is one of the reasons why I like this forum. Even though we do not really know each other but are just 'hidding' behind the computer screen, experienced bros here are still willing to help newbies along. :D The spirit of sharing is great.

Thom07
29-01-2008, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will take note and analyse the situation with my eyes big big in future. Is it that the majority of them think all foreigners are 'super-rich' and gullible? For me, I believe that there are good and bad people in every countries, just that which belongs to the majority. You are the man to look for with regards to issues with viet spouses or gfs. :p

Hmm this is one of the reasons why I like this forum. Even though we do not really know each other but are just 'hidding' behind the computer screen, experienced bros here are still willing to help newbies along. :D The spirit of sharing is great. Please do guide me along as I'm still new to 'true' VN culture. Thanks.

KangTuo
29-01-2008, 09:29 PM

i think the main reason for sending bx back to siagon is to have some free time to have some fling while bx is in saigon.. :D

Niceman
29-01-2008, 09:37 PM
6 months? OMG .... that is too much... they buay paiseh one huh? They got no house to stay? Or yours is a palace to them... :P

Then how? How u reject them?

KangTuo
29-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Bro, for your case, it is that you have a house there and therefore many relative and viallage folks will treat it as hotel.
If we do not have a house there, gf and bx will stay with their family. There is no household expenditure to worry. Of course if bro who send their bx back to her family, defintely will have to give bx some money to bring back...

Sometime its worth to give that small amount to buy a bit of freedom. Just like some of my friends who sponser wife for tour. Act too busy at work to travel with wife... but once wife goes oversea... choing till no day and night

KangTuo
29-01-2008, 10:12 PM
One thing we must "solute" the girls, they are just too creative in "cooking" up all kinds of stories. I have a few personal experiences dealing with them. What ever the stories are, finally it will lead to the issue of money. Of couse not all are like dat, I mean most of them are. Especially those WL working in Singapore.

Sometime we also have to 'cook' up some stories to tell the gals we got no money, or rather no much money.

My g/f do tell me things which eventually leads to $. I would 'cook' up stories so that i do not need to provide her the money. Of course, sometimes I do try to give her some $ especially when i vist her in VN. Recently I support her in her house rental ($140) and chinese languge lesson ($60). Now she stop lesson, but still i provide $200 monthly. Of course I look look see see 1st before i help her in $ terms.

In fact 1 of her friend really cooks up stories to many guys in sg. Her friend use to work in JC before she was caught and banned. I dunno how many guys she sleep with, but she will tell the guys that she is pregnant. Many sg bro send her $500 for 'abortion' and also tell her not to contact them. A few sg bro also visit her in vn, had her company while in vn. Than few mths after they go back sg, she will call and cook the pregnant stories... What she do with the $? She enjoy life, go disco, wine and dine...

Actually we have to give the poor vn gals the benefit of doubts. Some is really that poor that the most talk about topic is $ for survival.

SingViet
30-01-2008, 08:37 AM
6 months? OMG .... that is too much... they buay paiseh one huh? They got no house to stay? Or yours is a palace to them... :P

Then how? How u reject them?

If they know what is paiseh, they will not come up with such request. I will tell my wife that i do not allow that and ask my wife to settle that. :(

SingViet
30-01-2008, 08:41 AM
If we do not have a house there, gf and bx will stay with their family. There is no household expenditure to worry. Of course if bro who send their bx back to her family, defintely will have to give bx some money to bring back...

Bro, i think if you really marry her, then you will have to pay for her household expenses even when she is in saigon. Like what you said, you are giving her $200 a month and that is paying for her household expenditure. But if you really marry your ba xa and she stays in VN while you stay in singapore, then what's the true meaning of getting married? ;)

Honey Boon
30-01-2008, 10:30 AM
bingo.......... brother :D

i think the main reason for sending bx back to siagon is to have some free time to have some fling while bx is in saigon.. :D

Honey Boon
30-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I was about to comment on this until I read your message. "Wise" men think alike. haha :D

Sometime its worth to give that small amount to buy a bit of freedom. Just like some of my friends who sponser wife for tour. Act too busy at work to travel with wife... but once wife goes oversea... choing till no day and night

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Sometime we also have to 'cook' up some stories to tell the gals we got no money, or rather no much money.

It is good idea to cook up story to tell the gals that we hv no $$ and the life in SG is not easy to earn a living in.

Personally i hv experience it myself! i hv told a gal (my close friend, but not yet lover) that i don't hv much $$ left to give her as i need $$ to support my aging parents. she respect my decision.

The true came out during my routine sending of $$ to her through remittance services. through the remittance sevices agent then i hv found out that i am not the only guy that send her $$$$. :mad:.

Bro be carefully that ur gf is not juggling between different guys. U will be heartbreak if u know the true. This is some of my sharing.:cool:

I<3Ivy
30-01-2008, 01:39 PM
The true came out during my routine sending of $$ to her through remittance services. through the remittance sevices agent then i hv found out that i am not the only guy that send her $$$$. :mad:.

Bro be carefully that ur gf is not juggling between different guys. U will be heartbreak if u know the true. This is some of my sharing.:cool:

Hey Bro,

Really sorry to hear this kind of thing had happened to you. $$$ lost can be earned again, but emotions/feelings given out cannot be taken back.

This is the one thing that i'm afraid of also, but no choice when your BX is with you, hard to think about anything else but her. :P

Intel Ops
30-01-2008, 02:47 PM
....The true came out during my routine sending of $$ to her through remittance services. through the remittance sevices agent then i hv found out that i am not the only guy that send her $$$$. :mad:.

Hi Bro, :eek: how did you found it out? The agent told you? :confused:

Intel Ops
30-01-2008, 03:10 PM
To the person who zap me, what is wrong with buying flower for my gf? Dont tell me you had never bought any flowers for your loved one before? :eek:...

Du ma, ppl buy roses for gf you also zap. WTF. :mad:

SingViet
30-01-2008, 05:14 PM
The true came out during my routine sending of $$ to her through remittance services. through the remittance sevices agent then i hv found out that i am not the only guy that send her $$$$. :mad:. Bro be carefully that ur gf is not juggling between different guys. U will be heartbreak if u know the true. This is some of my sharing.:cool:

Bro, welcome to reality Vietnam. Not to sound bad, but i am glad you found out. Faster to find out means less money lost. I have shared with many bros many many times on how vietnamese view foreigners but yet i get a lot of negative remark saying `there are bad people in every country'. Yes i do know that especially when i have been in business for more than 6 years. But i have never seen any country where a lot of locals keep thinking of cheating foreigners :eek:

naemlo
30-01-2008, 05:46 PM

Not surprise to hear this. :rolleyes: A lot of guys in SG always think his WL ger is different from other WL. Only when they found out they are cheated then they realise what a fool they are and the only thing they can do is cursed.

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Bro, :eek: how did you found it out? The agent told you? :confused:

In order to send $$$ to ur gal in vietnam, the remittance agent will need to verify ur particulars, the remittance agent mistaken that i am the same guy that send her $$$, so she speak out the hp no. to me! to my horror it is not my hp no. :(

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Bro, welcome to reality Vietnam. Not to sound bad, but i am glad you found out. Faster to find out means less money lost. I have shared with many bros many many times on how vietnamese view foreigners but yet i get a lot of negative remark saying `there are bad people in every country'. Yes i do know that especially when i have been in business for more than 6 years. But i have never seen any country where a lot of locals keep thinking of cheating foreigners :eek:

sometimes it is difficult not to fall in love with a lovely viet gal, whose is beautiful, feminine, and submissive to u.

Whether a SG gal will do the same to u or not, u should know the answer, unless I am as rich and handsome like David Beckham?:(

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Not surprise to hear this. :rolleyes: A lot of guys in SG always think his WL ger is different from other WL. Only when they found out they are cheated then they realise what a fool they are and the only thing they can do is cursed.

NOw i don't want to have any fling with a WL anymore. Now my target is the Thai singer at jazzy 51! :D

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2008, 08:19 PM

bro...that sch fee :D u pay to learn. I pay sch fee long ago roi :o

naemlo
30-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Errrr which u paid to learn??? The 1 in Blue star???

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 08:21 PM

i also kena zap for sending $$$ to viet gal. i thk this person must be a SG gal. :cool:

Torres_Mok
30-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Bloody hell u never warn me!! :p

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2008, 08:23 PM
:DNOw i don't want to have any fling with a WL anymore. Now my target is the Thai singer at jazzy 51! :D

oi...she nice meh...I see from far...is nice but i have my doubt if I see near...maybe if drunk they will be nice...when i am drunk then they will attract me faster than those WL in there now....but...to target...dont think so..

think maybe u aim VN is easier....that one hard to maintain leh...flower leh...u can hang how many flower?!? 1 flower per visit? or 1 flower per session? if u just do that...think the girl wil tiu u :D

naemlo
30-01-2008, 08:24 PM
i also kena zap for sending $$$ to viet gal. i thk this person must be a SG gal. :cool:

Dun worry, I was zapped too because of paying viet wl to entertain me. :D We continue with our fun. He continue with his PRC. :rolleyes:

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2008, 08:28 PM

same grp of pple or single peson who think that he eat rice and dog eat rice too and he is a dog :D

Bloody hell u never warn me!!

warn ur cb...how to warn...we pay in different mode :D

naemlo
30-01-2008, 08:29 PM
if u just do that...think the girl wil tiu u :D

No wonder other joint, gers love u deep deep.

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Errrr which u paid to learn??? The 1 in Blue star???

which blue star??? i have like girl in blue star meh:confused:

naemlo
30-01-2008, 08:31 PM
which blue star??? i have like girl in blue star meh:confused:

Hmmm 2-3 years ago lah, very decent, demure look. U getting old. :rolleyes:

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Hmmm 2-3 years ago lah, very decent, demure look. U getting old. :rolleyes:

cb...u old liao...so far all the girl attracted me is from 51..none from blue region...to me blue region is TCS and 51 is hollywood...but that is the past...now 51 is not even cartoon channel....:o

SnowWolf
31-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Actually, after having read this post for quite a long time, I've decided to voice out my situation so that I may get some feedback from the expert bros here. Some time last year, around 4 months back, I met this Vietnamese girl on one of my business outings to a KTV in KL. One thing led to another, as they usually do, and she somehow ended up at my place very frequently. It's sort of easy to communicate with her since she speaks quite decent mandarin (she's been a WL in KL for a year now) and I've been teaching her English.

I've made friends with her friends, even met her 'agent' as well as become buddies with her 'driver', the dude that sends them to work, bookings, etc. Her driver's ba xa is her best friend, and he's told me about overhearing them talk about me.

Now this young lady has another regular client who's been chasing after her like a rabid dog for the last almost 1 year. Her driver told me that this dude has oodles of money, of course, but the problem is that she has no feelings for him, but likes me a lot. When I heard that, of course I was kind of sad. She's a WL, of course and needs the money. I haven't given her much of anything for the last 2 months, and when I do, she usually hides it somewhere back in my house before she leaves. In fact, she's even lecturing me about my spending habits as she finds a lot of things I do wasteful. She practically spends 4 days a week at least at my place. She cooks, she cleans, actually, it's pretty amazing.

I did tell her before, that since that guy is able to take good care of her, why not she just get hitched with him permanently. That upset her quite a bit, and I admit, I did get a tight slap from her (yes, it hurt!). She said that if it was just the money problem, she would have dumped me long ago. But the problem is that she wants to be with someone she loves in the long run.

I'm not too sure of the situation I'm in right now, but I would like to hear some opinions on the 'VN experts' here, just to see what turns up.. sorry for being so long winded, but it's a really complicated story. I'm currently in Vegas for work, so can write this without her finding out.

Thx to all the sifus here!

Niceman
31-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Bro...

A Whore is a whore..... I bet u not the 1st one she saying such thingy to.....as the saying goes , " No fish, prawn also good".

We can fall in love, but only during the time in bed with them. Afterthat, let's get a new one and fall in love again.

Only my 2cents worth.

Intel Ops
31-01-2008, 08:51 PM
....But i have never seen any country where a lot of locals keep thinking of cheating foreigners :eek:

I think I might be begining to appreciate this truth. :(

Niceman
31-01-2008, 08:55 PM
But i have never seen any country where a lot of locals keep thinking of cheating foreigners :eek:

:(... wah liao... like that I cannot go vietnam liao... me so innocent and gong gong... go there sure tio gong tou one......

Intel Ops
31-01-2008, 09:02 PM

When I posted that comment, I was already prepared. I think it might be Shawn Koh and his clones. Right or not, Bro Sha_Gua and others ?

Sha_Gua75
31-01-2008, 09:27 PM
When I posted that comment, I was already prepared. I think it might be Shawn Koh and his clones. Right or not, Bro Sha_Gua and others ?

why quote my nick leh...very dangerous u know...:D

Intel Ops
31-01-2008, 10:06 PM

Haha. Sorry bro.:o
Hehe, I tio already but he did left his nick behind tho. Strange.. :confused:

Sha_Gua75
31-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Haha. Sorry bro.:o
Hehe, I tio already but he did left his nick behind tho. Strange.. :confused:

u already got hit just only...1 point :o

Honey Boon
01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
fully agree....

of cos I don't discount there is "true" love from the WL, but really .... very very rare la. If you get it, then you are lucky lor.

a few months just too short to make a conclusion.

Bro...

A Whore is a whore..... I bet u not the 1st one she saying such thingy to.....as the saying goes , " No fish, prawn also good".

We can fall in love, but only during the time in bed with them. Afterthat, let's get a new one and fall in love again.

Only my 2cents worth.

Honey Boon
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
just discount 95% what they tell you, then you are quite safe liao.

:(... wah liao... like that I cannot go vietnam liao... me so innocent and gong gong... go there sure tio gong tou one......

Niceman
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
just discount 95% what they tell you, then you are quite safe liao.

95%? wah... I think must discount 99.999% :)

fatty_leo
01-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Prepare for the worse, hope for the best;)

Just my 2 cents.

Sha_Gua75
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM

yea...rule of the thumb is dont believe at all till u see yourself...but then sometimes see also wrong :o

Honey Boon
01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
haha.. don't la.

some basic trust must be there, 5% for their efforts of story cooking :p

Niceman
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
hehe... 5% for the effort of story cooking huh... haha... ya lor, charitable abit... for the effort.... :)

Torres_Mok
01-02-2008, 03:03 PM

deduct ur points nevermind becos u hv many pts. :D

Thom07
01-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Hi Bro. Thanks for speaking up for me. Appreciated. :)

Thom07
01-02-2008, 03:40 PM

Hi Bro,

Very sorry to hear abt it. I hope that this incident wouldn't affect you too much and then you are able to move on. You might even be able to meet someone who is better and who deserve your love. Who knows? :D

Thom07
01-02-2008, 03:44 PM
But i have never seen any country where a lot of locals keep thinking of cheating foreigners :eek:

Now, I know what you mean already when I read this post. Your sentence should apply to all, be it WL or non-WL. All of us newbies will take note and dont let the small head rules over the big head. :p

Sha_Gua75
01-02-2008, 04:06 PM
deduct ur points nevermind becos u hv many pts. :D

U havent see the power of clone army....very powerful one...even my points also cant withstand the attack :o

SingViet
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Now, I know what you mean already when I read this post. Your sentence should apply to all, be it WL or non-WL. All of us newbies will take note and dont let the small head rules over the big head. :p

When i first arrived in Vietnam some years back, i was warned by my vietnamese friend to be cautious. He told me that the uneducated and poor vietnamese tend to want to cheat foreigners while those educated ones tend to be better. After some years, i realised that the poor cheat to make a living while the educated ones cheat to make more money. But not all are bad, there are still some good ones around. ;)

I<3Ivy
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
When i first arrived in Vietnam some years back, i was warned by my vietnamese friend to be cautious. .... .there are still some good ones around. ;)

anh trai SingViet,

I would like to nominate you as our Singapore Correspondent to Vietnam! Haha...

You may or may not have realized it, but when i first started with my ba xa (never expected to get hooked by a dep co gai) being unsure, I read through all your posts on this thread... (Yes all!! lol) and found them very informative.

It did help me solve some questions on our broken relationship (broken to start with, haha) because sometimes not being nguoi Viet I can't understand why they would think/act that way.

I've come to realize both from my time with Viet Kus during my time in Australia and the girls in Sillypore is that they seem to have a remarkable control over their emotions. It's like they can switch it off as simply as using a tap.

My BX's sister got kidnapped a few months after I knew her. After reading about your posts, I wondered to myself if this was a "gimme money for XXX problem dear" request. So in 'testing' her i said, you need to go back now to look for her? I can buy you a ticket and give you money to hire a PI to look for her". She gave me a funny look and told me "don't worry... and so little money already (i'm not rich...) still want to pour into drain? She's gone already, no use"
And i was like stunned. Although she comes from a family of 6, a younger sister being kidnapped isn't exactly a normal Ho-hum kind of thing. Yet she had this overwhelming sense of practicality that knocked my socks off. I suppose that can't be helped, given the kind of poverty they had to deal with growing up... 2 rooms for 8 people to live, losing a brother to illnesses due to lack of money for medicine, and working the paddy fields from 10 - 14 then graduating to washing dishes in saigon later on.

Of course the worst part of being able to shut off all emotions is when she's mad at me and just flips the switch and I become a nobody to her for a day or two. In the beginning i used to feel so hurt that she could just not feel anything so easily, but over time I got used to it.

That's probably the most annoying part about being with a vietnamese, handling with their on/off switch. But when it's on... i'm on cloud 9. :D

Yikes, didn't realized i just spammed so much text.

killerkiller
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Dear Bor' Sha_Gua75

Truly agree with your statement..;) As for me is in this order, heart as in caring, figure, beauty is last....

cheers...kk

Intel Ops
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Of course the worst part of being able to shut off all emotions is when she's mad at me and just flips the switch and I become a nobody to her for a day or two. In the beginning i used to feel so hurt that she could just not feel anything so easily, but over time I got used to it...

Oh man, Bro, what did you do to get used to it or how di you get used to it? :)

I<3Ivy
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Dear Bor' Sha_Gua75
Truly agree with your statement..;) As for me is in this order, heart as in caring, figure, beauty is last....

cheers...kk

I have to agree with this statement as well. Looks will fade, or you will get bored but the feeling of love, care and concern will still hold me fast everytime :)

I<3Ivy
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh man, Bro, what did you do to get used to it or how di you get used to it? :)

Haha, don't tell me your BX does that to you too? I swear it's an ability that all viet girls have in spades.

I have to admit that it requires a lot of self control. Even during the "silent treatment" stages early on it used to be only me that tried to make things right. After a while I got the hang of it (through much pain & suffering, lol) that even though I desperately want to hold/hug/kiss her i will act like she's nobody also.

My first breakthrough was when she finally SMS'ed me after 4 days of silence (didn't call/sms/see her at all) and said "Ox, tai sao anh kg yeu bx?"... and I kept up the silent treatment until i got her apartment and asked her to come out :D .

Of course, even since then I still don't win most of the time, but at least i don't lose ALL the time... haha. Nowadays unless I have work to keep me occupied, 2 days is my limit... I go running back to her after that :P

SingViet
02-02-2008, 08:44 AM
anh trai SingViet,

I would like to nominate you as our Singapore Correspondent to Vietnam! Haha...

Bro, this is too high position for me :p My main purpose is just to share my experience and limited knowledge of Vietnam. Maybe my experience in vietnam was quite different from other bros who were there. I ventured into Vietnam and went thru a lot of hurdle before i started my own little business while most bros based there were posted there by their employers in Singapore. As my business dealed mainly with locals, i had first hand opportunity to observe and interact with the locals. As my wife is a vietnamese, i also spent majority of my time interacting with her friends and relatives. All these gave me better understanding. :D

SingViet
02-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Dear Bor' Sha_Gua75

cheers...kk

Actually i feel this a half true statement. Think about it, if your Ba Xa is seriously not pretty and there's nothing about her physically appearance that attracts you, then how long will you be able to tahan before you start to discover her non-physical virtues? Some ba xas are not pretty in the face, but has a nice body. There's a saying that a woman needs to be a caring mother to the children, virtous daughter in law and a slut in bed to the husband. So if the ba xa cannot attract you in both face and figure, then its really tough. We are normal human beings, we need some physical attraction from our partners to keep the relationship going. Ladies are more forgiving, but man are more sensitive to physical attraction.

Torres_Mok
02-02-2008, 11:48 AM
We are normal human beings, we need some physical attraction from our partners to keep the relationship going. Ladies are more forgiving, but man are more sensitive to physical attraction.

This statement I strongly agree with u. IMHO alot of bros here r been attracted by the beauty, slim and feminine nature of the viet gals rather than their internal beauty.

If not attracted by the beauty of the viet gals we might as well find a plain SG gal as partner who is always very demanding. those SG gals who hv the beauty of the viet gals will demand for the "stars" and the "moon" from u.:)

Intel Ops
02-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Haha, don't tell me your BX does that to you too? I swear it's an ability that all viet girls have in spades...............

Ya loh, I also think so. Hmm it seems that I always the one who "surrender" first. :(

Hi SV, is your wife like this also? :p

Sha_Gua75
02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Actually i feel this a half true statement. Think about it, if your Ba Xa is seriously not pretty and there's nothing about her physically appearance that attracts you, then how long will you be able to tahan before you start to discover her non-physical virtues? Some ba xas are not pretty in the face, but has a nice body. There's a saying that a woman needs to be a caring mother to the children, virtous daughter in law and a slut in bed to the husband. So if the ba xa cannot attract you in both face and figure, then its really tough. We are normal human beings, we need some physical attraction from our partners to keep the relationship going. Ladies are more forgiving, but man are more sensitive to physical attraction.

what we meant is inner is the one who will last....the fact is that man is a bastard...even if get the world most beautiful woman in the world as your wife...u will still look at other girl and wish to fark them...everyday eat the same thing also tired...unless other commitments force u to do otherwise

Torres_Mok
02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
even if get the world most beautiful woman in the world as your wife...u will still look at other girl and wish to fark them...everyday eat the same thing also tired

If i get the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife, i will not look at other girl and wish to fark them, becos everyday i will be very busy by talking off my pants. :D

Sha_Gua75
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
If i get the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife, i will not look at other girl and wish to fark them, becos everyday i will be very busy by talking off my pants. :D

it is only the matter of time, u will start looking at other girls.....hope that when u reach that time of looking at other girls...other commitment such as ur family may tied u down from farking other girls :D

SingViet
02-02-2008, 02:36 PM
it is only the matter of time, u will start looking at other girls.....hope that when u reach that time of looking at other girls...other commitment such as ur family may tied u down from farking other girls :D

I will think that if the married man wants to fark other gals, family will not tie him down. The intelligent married man goes for paid sex w/o commitments while the stupid one goes for commitments, hoping to get free sex and in the end, family and fark also gone. I think the only consideration some married man has is the amount of money left for fark after deducting family expenses. But if the married man still think for the family, then he's still a responsible man.

Thom07
02-02-2008, 05:40 PM
...even if get the world most beautiful woman in the world as your wife...u will still look at other girl and wish to fark them...everyday eat the same thing also tired...

Wow this is a nice one but very very true loh. :D

SingViet
03-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Had the chance to meet up with Bro Sha Gua and Bro Torres Mok at JC 51 last night. It has been nearly 1 year since the 3 of us last sat together to have a drink. As i was early, 51 was still quiet. By around 8 plus to 9, the vietnam con gai started to stroll in. Quality really dropped drastically. ;)

killerkiller
03-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Actually i feel this a half true statement. Think about it, if your Ba Xa is seriously not pretty and there's nothing about her physically appearance that attracts you, then how long will you be able to tahan before you start to discover her non-physical virtues?

Dear Bro SingViet

I think for a start there must be something that attracts the men towards the girl, like the looks or figure. This will always be the starting point. A girl will attract my attention if she is a looker or if she got good shape. If there is conversation later then we will have a chance to know the girl inner beauty and character.

Looks becomes secondary once the girl inner beauty steps in and character. But it is important that she has a good figure, some might like it slim, medium or oversize. What turns me on is a good slim figure, boops size does not matter.

At the end of the day, she must be a good wife to the children and take care of the family. I am not prefect, so I can't demand much in life... Once in awhile still goes out for pho instead of com.

cheers....kk

papillon30
03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
When i first arrived in Vietnam some years back, i was warned by my vietnamese friend to be cautious. He told me that the uneducated and poor vietnamese tend to want to cheat foreigners while those educated ones tend to be better. After some years, i realised that the poor cheat to make a living while the educated ones cheat to make more money. But not all are bad, there are still some good ones around. ;)

I agree. There are some good ones around. If you can find this minority group,
you can be very successful in Vietnam.

SingViet
04-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Not to scare anyone, but vietnamese province people are damm good at black magic. They go pray to the spirits when they need to get something done. I have also heard and seen how a few vietnamese ladies will go pray to set a love spell on their foreigner bf or husband. Most of the foreigners don't really know about this, but this is rampant in the vietnamese provinces and amongst their people

Honey Boon
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Bro, the thought of the day is:

We are just very normal Man :D

papillon30
04-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Not to scare anyone, but vietnamese province people are damm good at black magic. They go pray to the spirits when they need to get something done. I have also heard and seen how a few vietnamese ladies will go pray to set a love spell on their foreigner bf or husband. Most of the foreigners don't really know about this, but this is rampant in the vietnamese provinces and amongst their people

U r frightening away all the potential bfs/husbands.:D

Thom07
04-02-2008, 09:42 PM

:eek: *faint* You mean most of the viet province ladies do that? Hmm what is the love spell about? ;) Maybe I tio? Hehe because suddenly dont feel like chionging anymore.:(

SingViet
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Wishing All Bros A Very Happy New Year !! :D

SingViet
08-02-2008, 07:46 AM
:eek: *faint* You mean most of the viet province ladies do that? Hmm what is the love spell about? ;) Maybe I tio? Hehe because suddenly dont feel like chionging anymore.:(

From what i have heard, its about casting a spell over you to let you fall head over heals over her. This will allow her to have total control over you. Maybe you tio the spell, your gal maybe want you to be faithful to her with no interest in other ladies ;)

Torres_Mok
08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
From what i have heard, its about casting a spell over you to let you fall head over heals over her. This will allow her to have total control over you. Maybe you tio the spell, your gal maybe want you to be faithful to her with no interest in other ladies ;)

Never underestimate the spell! If u hv tio the spell when u go and look for pros, ur dick seen to cannot function properly, such that u hv difficulty getting an erection. :D

SingViet
08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Never underestimate the spell! If u hv tio the spell when u go and look for pros, ur dick seen to cannot function properly, such that u hv difficulty getting an erection. :D

you are very right bro. This is the exact reaction u will have. Another lady blow for you and you still cannot erect... ;)

Thom07
08-02-2008, 11:29 PM

you are very right bro. This is the exact reaction u will have. Another lady blow for you and you still cannot erect... ;)

:eek: That's very scary.

KangTuo
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
*faint* You mean most of the viet province ladies do that? Hmm what is the love spell about? Maybe I tio? Hehe because suddenly dont feel like chionging anymore.
From what i have heard, its about casting a spell over you to let you fall head over heals over her. This will allow her to have total control over you. Maybe you tio the spell, your gal maybe want you to be faithful to her with no interest in other ladies

Hi bros... just back from VN this afternoon. Chuc Mung Nam Moi :D
Spending a week living primitively is so relaxing.

i understand from my gf that not only province ladies go see a witch to cast spell. Mostly those wanna do some black magic are WL.

One of her friend who came over sg to work had seen this witch so that she can earn lots of money. She was given a chain to wear around her neck. Her 1st trip here, she is able to earn as much as S$10,000. Mostly is given by a sugar daddy. I think this sugar daddy kana the spell. However when her friend return to vn, she have to give some % of the money to the witch.

Thom07
10-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Spending a week living primitively is so relaxing.......However when her friend return to vn, she have to give some % of the money to the witch.

Welcome back to S'pore. :D Hmm the witch must be quite well-off then. ;)

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2008, 12:37 PM

you kanna before is it :D

jackbl
10-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Haizzz i think we all kenna the spell to go hcmc and little saigon many times :D

Spending a week living primitively is so relaxing.

One of her friend who came over sg to work had seen this witch so that she can earn lots of money. She was given a chain to wear around her neck. Her 1st trip here, she is able to earn as much as S$10,000. Mostly is given by a sugar daddy. I think this sugar daddy kana the spell. However when her friend return to vn, she have to give some % of the money to the witch.

SingViet
10-02-2008, 09:26 PM
My wife and i visited her friend just this afternoon. After coming back from the person's place, my wife and i felt disappointed about this vietnamese lady friend. Let's call this vietnamese lady tuyen. Tuyen came to singapore to work several years ago. Originally from central vietnam, she heard about Singapore JC around 5 years ago. In 2003, she came to Singapore to work at JC bar. At the bar, Tuyen met a lot of Singapore man and earned quite a lot of money from befriending these singapore man. After being in singapore for some time, Tuyen wanted to find a singapore man to settle in Singapore. Just around that time, Tuyen met Gary, a singapore man 20 years her senior. Gary loved Tuyen a lot and showered her with lots of love and respect. But gary is lowly educated and is working as a private bus driver.

Tuyen and gary got married and soon, tuyen was staying with gary at his 4 room flat with his aged mother. As tuyen was still working at JC, all of gary's relatives looked down on tuyen. Soon, tuyen started to have heated arguement with gary's mother and soon, gary was asked to choose between his mother or tuyen. Gary was chased out of the flat by his mother and tuyen and gary started to stay on their own. Soon, tuyen got pregnant and gary asked tuyen to stay home. After delivery, tuyen refused to breast feed the child as she is afriad that breast feeding will make her nipple look bad. 3 mths after delivery, tuyen sent the child back to vietnam. Tuyen started to work at a bar at orchard towers. She met a german guy who visits singapore on a monthly basis. Hoping to earn more money, tuyen started to bed this german guy. The german guy found her a good fuck and suggested that she become his lover in Singapore. He gives Tuyen $5k a month for making love to him 4 days a month. As gary and tuyen works on different timing, they hardly meet each other, except on 1 rest day a week. Tuyen started to feel lesser and lesser for gary. She finally decided to tell gary, `I have to sleep with other guys as you cannot give me a good life'

This afternon, tuyen told my wife all these and my wife and i felt very sad for gary. Which guy can tahan the wife telling him this and knowing that 4 days every month, the wife will be penetrated by the german guy.

So its either gary married the wrong gal or tuyen married the wrong guy as he cannot give her a good life. :(

usmjordan2
10-02-2008, 10:01 PM
very detail information ............:D

Torres_Mok
10-02-2008, 10:08 PM
(

What a pity story!!! at the first place does Gary know that his wife is working at orchard tower? If gary know abt it, why he still allow his wife to work in such places?

IMHO an ordinary and responsible men will not allow their wives to work in such places. If i know Gary i will advise him to divorce his wife!!:mad:

Torres_Mok
10-02-2008, 10:09 PM
you kanna before is it :D

almost kena!!

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
What a pity story!!! at the first place does Gary know that his wife is working at orchard tower? If gary know abt it, why he still allow his wife to work in such places?

IMHO an ordinary and responsible men will not allow their wives to work in such places. If i know Gary i will advise him to divorce his wife!!:mad:

No Money then how??? Wife go work lor...husband also lanlan:(

BTW In the 1st place, when going to marry a WL then should know if he can support her lifestyle or not...

almost kena!!

almost mean kanna liao lor...if not u so clear :D

SingViet
11-02-2008, 06:32 AM
very detail information ............:D

Very detailed information because my wife and i know them well. The husband didn't say anything, but the wife told my wife almost every other detail during chatting. Can't help but to feel sad for the husband. Initially, the wife only told the husband she is beer promoter at Bar at Orchard Towers. Finally when she spoke again, she's kanna PAO by thr german guy.

Torres_Mok
11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
she is beer promoter at Bar at Orchard Towers. Finally when she spoke again, she's kanna PAO by thr german guy.

IMHO alot of bros with viet wives will not allow their wives to work as a beer promoter. Becos working as a beer promoter which require to serve beer to customers that majority r man. Some men will take the opportunity to hv sexual advance on the beer promoter! Alot of SG men hv the thinking that viet gals r easy target.:cool:

I hv heard beer promoter in vietnam can allow customer to touch or squeeze their backside. :cool:

SingViet
11-02-2008, 09:21 AM
My wife have told me number of times that she wants to go out and work because she's bored at home. I have been telling her that i am earning enuff to let her have good life so she better not go out and work. The main thing being i don't want her to have too much contact with man outside. Everytime when i go out with her, i see a lot of man want to talk to her if they know she is vietnamese. Maybe a lot of singapore man think that vietnamese lady easy target.... :mad:

Thom07
11-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Haizzz i think we all kenna the spell to go hcmc and little saigon many times :D

That most powerful spell: <LOVE>. :D

My wife and i visited her friend just this afternoon. After coming back from the person's place, my wife and i felt disappointed about this vietnamese lady friend. Let's call this vietnamese lady tuyen. Tuyen came to singapore to work several years ago. Originally....

This is very disheartening. How can Gary accept this? I feel that most guys would never let others touch his wife. :(

Anyway, it is quite true that a lot of singaporean guys think that vietnamese ladies are easy to "up" because of the numerous negative new reports in the paper. Normally, when you have a foreigner wife, ppl will straightaway think from agency or WL. Stereotyping... Haiz. Till now, I am not sure if my parents will accept my gf or not.

Torres_Mok
11-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Is true that many SG men think that viet gals r easy to 'up'. Not only viet gals, I believe gals from country like PRC, Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar r deem as easy targets by SG men.

Is best not to let ur viet wife work especially in the nightspot environment! :cool:

naemlo
11-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Is true that many SG men think that viet gals r easy to 'up'. Not only viet gals, I believe gals from country like PRC, Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar r deem as easy targets by SG men.

It is because all highly educated S'porean always think lowly of other neighbouring citizen. :eek: First thing in their mind when they encounter these ladies, they here to "earn money".

I<3Ivy
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Speaking on the case of locals thinking foreigners are easy to "up"... i think this happens because singapore women are notoriously well-known for keeping their legs closed.

My friend (she's taiwanese) was going for english grammar lessons with a tutor... this jerk on the 2nd lesson kept asking her things like;

You look troubled, is everything ok?
How can i make you smile more?
How often is your hubby home?
Do you feel you need more intimacy?

Wah kaoz... after 6th lesson (ya silly girl went back few more times) she finally cannot take it anymore and didn't go for it anymore. But too afraid to tell hubby (that's why she told me) because don't want him to blow up at that pervert.

After that the fella still call her ask if can come over to give free lesson 1-on-1 when hubby not around... kaoz. Think she's stupid ah?

Oh yeah, anyway on the topic of co gai, vietnamese girls do tend to be friendly but not as easily bedded as PRCs, i feel.

However, that story of your friend Gary and Tuyen really saddens me. If only there was another way...

Honey Boon
11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Bro, any way to counter their spell/black magic? :mad:

Torres_Mok
11-02-2008, 01:03 PM
It is because all highly educated S'porean always think lowly of other neighbouring citizen. First thing in their mind when they encounter these ladies, they here to "earn money".

I thk lowly educated SG, old men and baddies also look down on other neighbouring citizen!! I hv come across many lowly educated SG, old men and baddies r hooking up with PRC and viet gals. I thk these group of men thk that it is very easy to hook up a PRC or viet gals as they are very very likely to be snubbed by SG gals. :D

I thk i am worst than these group of men becos I was been snubbed by few viet gals b4!!:cool:

naemlo
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I thk lowly educated SG, old men and baddies also look down on other neighbouring citizen!! I hv come across many lowly educated SG, old men and baddies r hooking up with PRC and viet gals. I thk these group of men thk that it is very easy to hook up a PRC or viet gals as they are very very likely to be snubbed by SG gals. :D

I forget, "highly educated"

BS KTV
11-02-2008, 02:35 PM
My wife and i visited her friend just this afternoon. After coming back from the person's place, my wife and i felt disappointed about this vietnamese lady friend. Let's call this vietnamese lady tuyen. Tuyen came to singapore to work several years ago. Originally from central vietnam, she heard about Singapore JC around 5 years ago. In 2003, she came to Singapore to work at JC bar. At the bar, Tuyen met a lot of Singapore man and earned quite a lot of money from befriending these singapore man. After being in singapore for some time, Tuyen wanted to find a singapore man to settle in Singapore. Just around that time, Tuyen met Gary, a singapore man 20 years her senior. Gary loved Tuyen a lot and showered her with lots of love and respect. But gary is lowly educated and is working as a private bus driver.

Tuyen and gary got married and soon, tuyen was staying with gary at his 4 room flat with his aged mother. As tuyen was still working at JC, all of gary's relatives looked down on tuyen. Soon, tuyen started to have heated arguement with gary's mother and soon, gary was asked to choose between his mother or tuyen. Gary was chased out of the flat by his mother and tuyen and gary started to stay on their own. Soon, tuyen got pregnant and gary asked tuyen to stay home. After delivery, tuyen refused to breast feed the child as she is afriad that breast feeding will make her nipple look bad. 3 mths after delivery, tuyen sent the child back to vietnam. Tuyen started to work at a bar at orchard towers. She met a german guy who visits singapore on a monthly basis. Hoping to earn more money, tuyen started to bed this german guy. The german guy found her a good fuck and suggested that she become his lover in Singapore. He gives Tuyen $5k a month for making love to him 4 days a month. As gary and tuyen works on different timing, they hardly meet each other, except on 1 rest day a week. Tuyen started to feel lesser and lesser for gary. She finally decided to tell gary, `I have to sleep with other guys as you cannot give me a good life'

This afternon, tuyen told my wife all these and my wife and i felt very sad for gary. Which guy can tahan the wife telling him this and knowing that 4 days every month, the wife will be penetrated by the german guy.

So its either gary married the wrong gal or tuyen married the wrong guy as he cannot give her a good life. :(

The moral of this real story is - not to marry poor women because they are liability to us. This type of women cannot help us in our career.

BS KTV
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
It is because all highly educated S'porean always think lowly of other neighbouring citizen. :eek: First thing in their mind when they encounter these ladies, they here to "earn money".

All these ladies' motive is to "earn money" if not come Sg for what.
Why don't they stay in their home country ?

BS KTV
11-02-2008, 02:42 PM

naemlo
11-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Foreign gers not here to earn money only. :rolleyes:

Sha_Gua75
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
My wife have told me number of times that she wants to go out and work because she's bored at home. I have been telling her that i am earning enuff to let her have good life so she better not go out and work.

why not do it this way? My wife help your wife stay at home and you let my wife have a good life so she dont need go out and work :D

My wife exactly the opposite of your wife (want to stay at home) and I exactly opposite of you (want her to go out work) :o

Sha_Gua75
11-02-2008, 08:22 PM

cut the dick?!?! :D

Sha_Gua75
11-02-2008, 08:32 PM

deleted. duplicated post

BS KTV
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Foreign gers not here to earn money only. :rolleyes:

Oh yes they are here to look for prospective husband like you :rolleyes::D

naemlo
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM

How I wish.... :rolleyes:

naemlo
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM

How I wish.... :rolleyes:

KangTuo
12-02-2008, 02:51 AM
That most powerful spell: <LOVE>.
Than i kana the spell liao... i was so well taken care by my g/f during my 1 week cny stay in vn.

Normally, when you have a foreigner wife, ppl will straightaway think from agency or WL. Stereotyping... Haiz.
Stereotyping by sg gals only.

Till now, I am not sure if my parents will accept my gf or not.
Time will tell. My mum 1st impression on my bro wife also not good. She say that his wife sure got work in KTV to earn money. But actually my bro wife is a well educated gal and from a middle class family in vn. She helped my bro in his business in vn. Now my mum accepted her as a daughter-in-law.

As for myself, my mum also accepted my gf since she knows i am well taken care by her.

Let your parents know and slowly educate them that vn gals are alright and not all are bad.

KangTuo
12-02-2008, 02:53 AM

Not him... but me :p

KangTuo
12-02-2008, 03:09 AM
The moral of this real story is - not to marry poor women because they are liability to us. This type of women cannot help us in our career.

Poor women may be a liability to us but some can help us in our career.
Rich women may not be a liability to us but some cannot help us in our career.

If a women is poor but are able to take good care of the house and the husband, than the husband will be able to concentrate on his career and will be able to put in more effort to earn more money to live a better life and to reward wife.

If the women is rich but always snob around live like a tai tai will put pressure on husband. Work already pressure, go home also pressure. Pressure here and there than cannot concentrate on career.....

The actual moral of the story: not to marry a gal name Tuyen if your name is Gary :p

Torres_Mok
12-02-2008, 06:09 AM

Marry a rich woman may need to change ur surname to her surname!:)

SingViet
12-02-2008, 06:41 AM
why not do it this way? My wife help your wife stay at home and you let my wife have a good life so she dont need go out and work :D

My wife exactly the opposite of your wife (want to stay at home) and I exactly opposite of you (want her to go out work) :o

Siao! Like that also can think of. Your wife got her mother to let her have good life, so u need not worry

SingViet
12-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Poor women may be a liability to us but some can help us in our career.

If a women is poor but are able to take good care of the house and the husband, than the husband will be able to concentrate on his career and will be able to put in more effort to earn more money to live a better life and to reward wife.

If the women is rich but always snob around live like a tai tai will put pressure on husband. Work already pressure, go home also pressure. Pressure here and there than cannot concentrate on career.....

The actual moral of the story: not to marry a gal name Tuyen if your name is Gary :p

This i agree fully :)

Sha_Gua75
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Siao! Like that also can think of. Your wife got her mother to let her have good life, so u need not worry

Cant let her mum take care roi...married roi...on her own roi :D

Sha_Gua75
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Marry a rich woman may need to change ur surname to her surname!:)

You never fail to give me a feeling the thing you say was from your own experience :D

BS KTV
12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Not him... but me :p

Why don't you look for a good proper Sg ladies ? It is better than you looking for a foreigner. :)

KangTuo
12-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Why don't you look for a good proper Sg ladies ? It is better than you looking for a foreigner. :)

eehhh... proper SG ladies? foreigner also can be proper.
Had an experience with a proper SG gal before. In the end has to pay monthly maintenance, kana chased out of the house. Still proper?:mad:

KangTuo
12-02-2008, 01:57 PM
This i agree fully

which part u agree?

the part on rich/poor women or
the part about the moral of the story: not to marry a gal name Tuyen if your name is Gary :D:p

naemlo
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM

How u define proper SG ladies and proper foreign ladies?? By nationality?? :eek:

Torres_Mok
12-02-2008, 03:59 PM

To look for a good proper Sg ladies, firstly how many 'Cs' do u hv? :cool:

Honey Boon
12-02-2008, 04:26 PM
then I rather have the black magic :D

cut the dick?!?! :D

naemlo
12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
then I rather have the black magic :D

I know black magic....:D

SingViet
13-02-2008, 07:09 AM
which part u agree?

the part about the moral of the story: not to marry a gal name Tuyen if your name is Gary :D:p

hahahha, my name is surely not Gary ;)

chanyboy
13-02-2008, 08:53 AM
which part u agree?

mmm...sounds familiar...

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 11:20 AM
To look for a good proper Sg ladies, firstly how many 'Cs' do u hv? :cool:

Disagree with you :cool: not all Sg ladies for 'C"

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 11:21 AM
How u define proper SG ladies and proper foreign ladies?? By nationality?? :eek:

Non-working ladies & good personality - Decent occupations

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 11:24 AM
eehhh... proper SG ladies? foreigner also can be proper.
Had an experience with a proper SG gal before. In the end has to pay monthly maintenance, kana chased out of the house. Still proper?:mad:

Sorry to hear that :( but that doesn't foreigners are better than locals.

SingViet
13-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear that :( but that doesn't foreigners are better than locals.

Locals are not better than foreigners also. it depends on what you want too. And marriage is not something you can control, its all about fate ;)

Honey Boon
13-02-2008, 01:00 PM
ya, not all... but majority yes :D

Disagree with you :cool: not all Sg ladies for 'C"

naemlo
13-02-2008, 01:15 PM

Non-working ladies & good personality - Decent occupations

U realise not all foreign gers in SG r WL?? :rolleyes:

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 04:11 PM
U realise not all foreign gers in SG r WL?? :rolleyes:

Not all but mostly come to seek better life & earn money.
Most Singapore men would still prefer to marry local women than foreign ladies.

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Locals are not better than foreigners also. it depends on what you want too. And marriage is not something you can control, its all about fate ;)

I know but why you all put in so much effort on foreign ladies instead of putting on local women ??
Sg ladies also deserved a chance too.

BS KTV
13-02-2008, 04:16 PM
ya, not all... but majority yes :D

bo pian :( but till local is better sorry

naemlo
13-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Not all but mostly come to seek better life & earn money.
Most Singapore men would still prefer to marry local women than foreign ladies.

Finally u mentioned "not all". Anyway to me, marry local or foreign it is up to fate.

naemlo
13-02-2008, 07:32 PM
All kakis....It is time for Ba Xa oi...... :D

chanyboy
13-02-2008, 07:48 PM
All kakis....It is time for Ba Xa oi...... :D

mm..I tot I passed by didn't see any yet - perhaps too early (6.30pm). The lion-dances from shop to shop - one even entered 51 to bless the place...must buy toto... As reported by KT, it's baxa time - indeed.

Thom07
13-02-2008, 08:28 PM
bo pian :( but till local is better sorry

是你的, 就是你的。 不是你的,强求也没用。 Basically, the chinese sentence means "What is yours will always be yours." ;)

number1
13-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi all...

After reading this thread, i made an appointment to one of the matchmaking agency at parklane... the person sounds quite convincing and i've decided to pay the promo price to visit vietnam soon to find a bride!

But i am a bit hesitant as i read of quite a number of the brides asking for divorce as they claimed they were duped into the marriage...

Anyway, are there anybody out there who can give me some advice on what to do when i am in vietnam i.e. how to choose a bride? after all since they can't speak english/mandarin, they only way to choose is just based on their looks which to me is not a good or only way to judge....??

Torres_Mok
14-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Hi all...

After reading this thread, i made an appointment to one of the matchmaking agency at parklane... the person sounds quite convincing and i've decided to pay the promo price to visit vietnam soon to find a bride!

But i am a bit hesitant as i read of quite a number of the brides asking for divorce as they claimed they were duped into the marriage...

Anyway, are there anybody out there who can give me some advice on what to do when i am in vietnam i.e. how to choose a bride? after all since they can't speak english/mandarin, they only way to choose is just based on their looks which to me is not a good or only way to judge....??

better not to go to match agency, they r blood suckers. promo price is still very expensive! according to some fact, the family of ur future bride will get only few hundred dollar the rest r kept by agency. Viriginity of the viet gals r suspected. :cool:

SingViet
14-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi all...

Going to match makers is one way of getting vietnamese bride. But recent few years saw the erosion of standards among the agencies. Most of the agencies get their source of gals from almost similiar sources in Vietnam. How to look out in a bride is often the most difficult part. Most man who paid to get a bride will always want a young and pretty bride, but to my experience, most young and pretty are the most unstable. These young gals would have had bfs in their own province and is just hoping to get a better life for themselves and their family by marrying a foreigner.

With the expectation that foreigners are rich and will love them more, they readily accept any proposal from the agents. Most of these gals will be equipped with basic mandarin when they arrive in Singapore. Singapore to them will look like a palace with modern buildings etc. The gals will feel lonely when they first arrive and couple with most singaporean man need to work long hours, leaving their lonely new bride at home. If they get to know other vietamese gals near their home, they will start to compare. Things will start to get a bit nasty when they start to ask for money from you. They will think that Singaporeans are rich and giving their family some money to build houses is simple. But to most singaporeans, a few thousand USD is not easy to get.

So there are lots of things to expect when getting a gal from the agencies. ;)

snipeshot08
14-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Okay here's my miserable pathetic 2 dongs worth (& of cos not everybody will agree with it;))

Majority of the marital problems in marriages arranged by the match-making agencies arises mainly due to the following,

01. Feelings
- as these are arranged, most couples don't have the luxury of courtship and hence feelings are often sidestepped for a quickie marriage.
- looks can last at the beginning, but feelings can last much much longer.
- there was a few known cases where the wives even ran back to their hometown with their kids in tow cos they can't stand a loveless marriage anymore

02. Loneliness
- as they are very new to Singapore and especially to city living, loneliness will step in at a very early stage. Think of your first few weeks in BMT where you cannot book out and extend it to a lifetime, think you know now what I meant:eek:
- Moreover they have nobody to turn to voice out their problems & frustration especially with their language problems.
- these frustation is left unchecked will always ballooned up
- in worst cases they may even desert the husband or have an affair

03. Expectations
- voiced out by many many bros here before whom have went thru the same well-trodden path, they expect us in most cases to support their extended family back in their hometown also.
- it will be difficult for them to understand that it is difficult for us in Singapore to be the sole breadwinner and yet still support their family.

So with all these potential problems that what should you do?? Well if you have the luxury of time than why not take some opportunity to visit Vietnam in person and look around (a lot of us have already "been there, done that":p)

The agency fees of 6 to 10K can easily last you a few trips to Vietnam plus some sightseeing thrown in as well, of cos the aim is not for sightseeing but more for looking out for your future partners the courtship way. Most of the gals there are pretty approachable but it will definitely helps A LOT if you know some basic vietnamese conversation.

Alternatives is to ask some bros whom have vietnamese spouses to recommend their hometown relatives, the wives will be more than happy to help you out as it may means a better life for their relatives. Than you can slowly court the gal and try to develop some feelings.

There you have it, hope this helps, good luck:)

Cheerios.....SS08 ^_^

jackbl
14-02-2008, 10:01 AM
This i agree with bro SS. It will be better to get recommendation from relatives here. When she comes to sgp and bored can call her relatives here to chitchat. If they run home, at least u can ask where the house is :D

Alternatives is to ask some bros whom have vietnamese spouses to recommend their hometown relatives, the wives will be more than happy to help you out as it may means a better life for their relatives. Than you can slowly court the gal and try to develop some feelings.

There you have it, hope this helps, good luck:)

Cheerios.....SS08 ^_^

KangTuo
14-02-2008, 11:26 AM
mm..I tot I passed by didn't see any yet - perhaps too early (6.30pm). The lion-dances from shop to shop - one even entered 51 to bless the place...must buy toto... As reported by KT, it's baxa time - indeed.

Today no baxa around. So got to go J51 find baxa....:p

Honey Boon
14-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Bro, your detail analysis definitely worth more than 2 dongs la :D

Okay here's my miserable pathetic 2 dongs worth (& of cos not everybody will agree with it;))

Cheerios.....SS08 ^_^

Sha_Gua75
14-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi all...

After reading this thread, i made an appointment to one of the matchmaking agency at parklane...

Just becos of reading this thread, you decided to have a vietnamese wife and when to matchmaking??!? :confused:

naemlo
14-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Just becos of reading this thread, you decided to have a vietnamese wife and when to matchmaking??!? :confused:

After read the recently postings, I also want to ba xa oi. :D Furthermore, it is day of love. Happy Valentine day.....

SingViet
14-02-2008, 04:05 PM

Wah, then i better start marriage consultancy :D

Honey Boon
14-02-2008, 04:06 PM
wao, then you will get lots of free labor from this thread.......... :D

Wah, then i better start marriage consultancy :D

Thom07
14-02-2008, 09:14 PM

Hi Bro, I dont think it is advisable to rush into marriage just because of this thread. Even though I had not been married before, I feel that marriage is not something that you can play play around with. Furthermore, I dont think that the promo price is actually a promo price (too ex). Just my thoughts. ;)

Thom07
14-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Time will tell. My mum 1st impression on my bro wife also not good. She say that his wife sure got work in KTV to earn money. But actually my bro wife is a well educated gal and from a middle class family in vn. She helped my bro in his business in vn. Now my mum accepted her as a daughter-in-law.

As for myself, my mum also accepted my gf since she knows i am well taken care by her.

Let your parents know and slowly educate them that vn gals are alright and not all are bad.

Thanks. :) Maybe I will only start the "education" of my parents when I'm about to get married to her. Hmm what did you do to let your mum knows that your gf can take good care of you? I mean how did you do it? :o

Sha_Gua75
14-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks. :) Maybe I will only start the "education" of my parents when I'm about to get married to her. Hmm what did you do to let your mum knows that your gf can take good care of you? I mean how did you do it? :o

Better start your "education" as early as possible....for my case, my wife is not a working girl but a student in Singapore...even come from a not poor class of vietnamese....even so....1st time I bring her back without warning...WWIII erupted :D

number1
14-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks to all the bros here for the advice... i will follow your well said advice. Since i've paid for the tour, i might as well go there and take it as my holiday instead! :)

Torres_Mok
15-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks to all the bros here for the advice... i will follow your well said advice. Since i've paid for the tour, i might as well go there and take it as my holiday instead! :)

some agency offer sex tour if u r not selecting a bride. :)

snipeshot08
15-02-2008, 08:58 AM

A word of caution if you are viewing potential brides there, take note it is not exactly legal or a socially accepted practice there for girl's parades as you may be raided during the process by the cong an.

There were already a few notable cases especially the 2 Koreans case whom found themselves in deep shit while viewing the potential brides in the hotel.

Better insist on some form of documentation from the agency just in case you need to sue for refund or compensation, moreover remember to buy travel insurance for "unforseen situations", small fee to pay for financial-fallback just in case;)

Take care & good luck.

Cheers.............SS08 ^_^

chanyboy
15-02-2008, 09:03 AM
This i agree with bro SS. It will be better to get recommendation from relatives here. When she comes to sgp and bored can call her relatives here to chitchat. If they run home, at least u can ask where the house is :D

This I agreed with bro Jackbl... a small drawback will be - they wud picked up Sg lifestyle very quick since the relatives here wud hasten that process & applies for Vn home too... no win-win situation regardless.

3 cheers for bros entering the next life cycle, take care...some of us exited, in fact.

For singles, I urge them to hv some years of "pathor" first, look-c, look-c, check out a few gers at the same timeframe (go shopping, no need to stick die-die to one; see that Mr Edison trying all famous one - none of the gers seems to mind of other famous gers he has f-with); go travel with other bros & enjoy (..safely) - see the bigger world & you may know better...and feel better in later life.

I ponder now, when I was in teen/early-20s why I can't find date with those SYT MMs, pretty puyings, deb con-gais -- and now at an older age -- can find these (mostly by paying for it!) & lots lots of them. Sounds absurb... I still cannot arrive at a logical good explanation, other than "it's all boil down to $$".
In the end I see many young bros settled down with a less-desirable version - thinking it's satisfying, give it a try & safe enuf assuming less problems; only to regret later years and got stuck with it for lifetime.

Raidster1
15-02-2008, 12:17 PM

care to reveal what price u pay for the tour? some don't include angpow for girl's family.

I passed by people's park, that agency is no longer there. dunno if they moved or closed.:eek:

Thom07
15-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Better start your "education" as early as possible....for my case, my wife is not a working girl but a student in Singapore...even come from a not poor class of vietnamese....even so....1st time I bring her back without warning...WWIII erupted :D

How come will have WWIII ? Anyway, I also dont know how to start the education. :(

Thom07
15-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Understanding... 15-02-2008 08:33 PM Why waste time & effort on a lowly vietnamese ? There are better Singapore girls out there waiting for you right ??

How do you define highly and lowly? What make you think that the neighbouring citizens would be lowly? You are just stereotyping. Perhaps it is time for you to step out of your little hole and see the real world. Even our dearest MM Lee KY admittted that Singapore needs foreign talents to sustain her competitiveness. This era is highly globalised. There should no longer be any distinctions between nationalities. As long as the foreigners do contribute positively to the growth of Singapore, we should try to welcome them lest our standard of livings drop. Of course, on the other side of the coin, there would be more competition for jobs and this is actually what most locals dread.

Reality is a hard taskmaster. Welcome to the real world. Not all foreign ladies are WLs if you might had never noticed before. There are quite a handful of them who are extremely smart intellectually and they do contribute to the real progress of Singapore. ;)

On a fun note, I feel that having a foreign lady as a wife would boost our Singapore's birth rate. Phenomenon of an aging population in Singapore now, you know. :D

Since you said so, why dont you intro me a sweet SG girl then? I'll be waiting to hear from you soon. :p

number1
15-02-2008, 11:05 PM
care to reveal what price u pay for the tour? some don't include angpow for girl's family.

I passed by people's park, that agency is no longer there. dunno if they moved or closed.:eek:

$388 for 3D/2N just for tour. If choose a bride, 5K non-virgin and a whopping 10K for virgin!

Sha_Gua75
15-02-2008, 11:32 PM
How come will have WWIII ? Anyway, I also dont know how to start the education. :(

Typical mindset of normal Singaporean....as long is girls from vietnam...it will mean WL...last time china girl also have this kind of category but now it is not as bad as what it used to be around 5 yrs ago?

At least more and more china is working at resturant, coffeeshop etc.... but for vietnamese, pple will tend to think they come here becos they are WL...due to the fact that they are unable to work in Singapore under work permit...I think some pple will have the concept that a Filipinos will be a maid :D

If you dont know how to start the education....then my advice to you is that...just bring her back and pray for the best :D . WWIII may start off by your parents...and it all depends on yourself whether to surrender or to fight the war and win the war...another possible outcome (which happen to my friend) is that cant win war, also dont want surrender but end the war with misery outcome....parents dont like and still go ahead to marry the girl... :(

Torres_Mok
16-02-2008, 07:48 AM
WWIII may start off by your parents...and it all depends on yourself whether to surrender or to fight the war and win the war...another possible outcome (which happen to my friend) is that cant win war, also dont want surrender but end the war with misery outcome....parents dont like and still go ahead to marry the girl... :(

I think ur friend had fight in the Vietnam War instead of WWIII! :D

Torres_Mok
16-02-2008, 07:54 AM
$388 for 3D/2N just for tour. If choose a bride, 5K non-virgin and a whopping 10K for virgin!

from life partner match maker!

Raidster1
16-02-2008, 10:03 AM
thanks.

but can trust viet doctor to "check" for virgin? I hear corruption "angpow" to doctor is quite common practice there.

Sha_Gua75
16-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I think ur friend had fight in the Vietnam War instead of WWIII! :D

nope his wife not a vietnamese :o

Torres_Mok
16-02-2008, 12:28 PM
thanks.

but can trust viet doctor to "check" for virgin? I hear corruption "angpow" to doctor is quite common practice there.

The virginity of the viet gal the matchmaker agency will claim that it hv been done in vietnam! that IMHO i thk is not reliable. if a virgin test hv to be done in SG, u may need to pay for the test fee. :cool:

Thom07
16-02-2008, 09:16 PM
...another possible outcome (which happen to my friend) is that cant win war, also dont want surrender but end the war with misery outcome....parents dont like and still go ahead to marry the girl... :(

So I suppose it is a happy ending now for your friend?

MiniHawk
16-02-2008, 09:30 PM
There will always have kind of silent moment when the family and his new family meet and will go on for sometime.

Sha_Gua75
16-02-2008, 09:45 PM
So I suppose it is a happy ending now for your friend?

nope...been 2 yrs and his mum still not acknowledge her daughter-in-law :o

MiniHawk
16-02-2008, 09:57 PM
This is life, as will totally shut off with the rest of the siblings too with each giving different kind of look which I am now facing.:(

haojian
16-02-2008, 11:02 PM
black magic? like voodoo dolls?

Thom07
17-02-2008, 01:24 AM

Oh my, disheartening news... :(

happy000
17-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Quite a few agencies has already moved to Golden Miles Tower :)

Torres_Mok
17-02-2008, 09:32 AM

Your friend wife from what country?:eek:

SingViet
17-02-2008, 09:40 AM

I feel that communication is very important between the the guy's mother and his wife. Both must be able to communicate under a common language. Most mothers speak mandarin and it will be very much easier if the wife speaks mandarin. Most often, conflicts or misunderstanding arises from failure to communicate. My mother has always told me that she hopes to have a daughter-in-law that can speak mandarin, so when my mum met my wife in Saigon several years ago, they hit off quite well. The next is that its always better not to stay under the same roof. This is personal experience, move out and stay alone with your wife, it will be easier for your wife and mum. The wife must also be able to `curry favour' the mother in law. Old folks like sweet mouth daughter in laws..... . The most important thing is when wife and mum fight, the son/husband is always in the most difficult position. :(

haojian
17-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I agree with SingViet.

Thom07
17-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I feel that communication is very important between the the guy's mother and his wife. Both must be able to communicate under a common language.....The next is that its always better not to stay under the same roof. This is personal experience, move out and stay alone with your wife, it will be easier for your wife and mum....

I do agree that communication is important. Misunderstanding tends to arise due to the lack of communication. ;)

But, regarding the issue of staying outside, it is kind of hard to achieve because need to wait until your wife got her PR then can apply for subsided HDB flat unless you are able to buy on the re-sale market. Correct me if I'm wrong. :o