PDA

View Full Version : Watana Mansion Bkk

Ericcson
20-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi all samster,
Anyone has feedback on Watana Mansion in Rachatda Bkk? There's a promo now at 2400bht for 4 days 3 nights stay with airport transfer. Is the room condition ok? Know Huaykwang MRT is nearby but is it a far walk? Anything to take note of? Planning to stay here in my Jan and Feb Bkk trip if the review is ok. Very shiong to stay in hotel every month.
Thank you in advance. :D

High till Dry
20-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi all samster,
Anyone has feedback on Watana Mansion in Rachatda Bkk? There's a promo now at 2400bht for 4 days 3 nights stay with airport transfer. Is the room condition ok? Know Huaykwang MRT is nearby but is it a far walk? Anything to take note of? Planning to stay here in my Jan and Feb Bkk trip if the review is ok. Very shiong to stay in hotel every month.
Thank you in advance. :D

Last time was 650 baht per nite. I think they recently raised their price. To me, the room is rather old but still ok. Anyway taxi from the new airport is less than 300 baht. Location wise not bad. Under 5 mins walk to Poseidon. and 10 mins from Huay Hwang MRT. Think take taxi better unless u r afraid of traffic jams. I like the 30 mins free internet access & the cheap laundry services (think 20 baht per piece)

TD0620G
20-12-2006, 08:14 PM
quite a decent budget hotel only it's old. The promo price and the normal price also not much difference (550x3 for single, 650x3 for twin sharing) = 1650thb/1950 thb. Balance for taxi which is approx 200-250 from the airport and approx 200thb to the airport.

artfunk
20-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Sawadee Krub!!

If you are not fussy or particular. Watana Mansion is value for money. I was there in Nov. Took the package and stayed on for additonal 3 nites. Total cost $4050 Baht. Must pay additional of $100 for key card, refundable upon check out. Payment of your room upon check in Cash or Credit card available. choice is yours

I booked my room thru Asia Travel - Single $550, Double $650 per nite. U can try contacting Patty ([email protected] ) or the choice is yours.

Pick up and sending to Suvarnabhumi Airport was included in the package. So no worries for that. whoever you booked with will let you know of details. When u depart arrange it with the front office. Friendly staff though at times grumpy but it does not affect me.

However pls take note the B'fas is not buffet style like wot u get at hotels. It is just a simple plain 1 serving American B'fas.

Room I had was clean and comfortable. Daily supply of 2 bottles of mineral water compliments of the house. Bolier supplied but you need to get ur own instant coffee. Room safe which is very useful. So for the price I paid it is worth the stay.

Nearest Metro is Sutthisan located behind the Mansion bout 5 mins walk. If u are looking for MPs think you can just find it opposite and right outside the junction. (Copa cabana & Poseidon) The rest i think you need to alight at Huay Kwang Station.

If u looking for makan in the middle of the nite that will be a problem unless you dont mind their 24 hrs room service. Cos no where u can find makan stalls.

For me will be planning another trip soon and I will probably stay at Watana Mansion,. Howevr I think I would like to explore more of Thonglor.

Any bros can recommend service apartments like Watana at Thonglor area? Cheap and value for money? Advice & recomendations most welcome.

Hope the information is helpful. enjoy ur stay!!

Cheers!!

:)

Peter_North
21-12-2006, 05:11 AM
If you harbour any thoughts of bringing back to hotel chicks like Natt Chanapa or Paula Taylor, forget about Wattana Mansion.

Vizz
21-12-2006, 05:26 AM
hi bro.i've stayed in watana for only once when i missed my flight.stayed there for a night and find it a cheap deal.if ya going for the MP then should be a pretty perfect place but to me i would rather spend a little more and stay in silom or sukhumvit area,3 stars hotel.more cosy and comfortable.plenty of food downstairs and pasar malam.but for watana theres basically nothing downstairs,got to walk 15 min or so to the main road to look for coffeeshop.i think there are a couple of budget hotels like watana ard sukhumvit area.much more worth it for my own opinion,cheers

TD0620G
21-12-2006, 09:57 AM
u sure u stayed in Wattana Mansion? The nearest coffeeshop is at the ground floor :D Not 15 mins away.

The_Unrepentant
21-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi all samster,
Thank you in advance.

inconvenient. if u have bad knees, worse for u becuase u have to climb the fucking bridge to cross to the other side of the road.

naemlo
21-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone has feedback on Watana Mansion in Rachatda Bkk?

Decent room, u get wat u pay for.

Know Huaykwang MRT is nearby but is it a far walk?

The nearest should be Suttisan.

naemlo
21-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Last time was 650 baht per nite.

Last time as in when?? A year ago, it was 500B per night. Now it is 550B.

Anyway taxi from the new airport is less than 300 baht.

Ratchada is nearer to old airport n far from the new airport. The taxi is definitely more than 300B with Toll.

10 mins from Huay Hwang MRT.

It will take u more than 10 mins to walk to Huay Hwang MRT but 10 mins to Suttisan MRT.

naemlo
21-12-2006, 11:13 AM
If you harbour any thoughts of bringing back to hotel chicks like Natt Chanapa or Paula Taylor, forget about Wattana Mansion.

Can bring Nicole Kidman??

dota_pro
21-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Few mths back i stayed there for afew days.Room conditions is ok,(Hotel 81 standard,slightly bigger)so cheap ,wat do u ask for.Gloor floor lobby got 4 computers which u can surf all day.One plus point is the inhouse restaurant surve cheap n nice chinese food for my likings.Porridge with pork or prawns smells heavenly,maybe plus a plate of hot chicken wings is jus nice to fill ur empty stomach after all the chionging.Onother plus point is a stone throw distance away from Poseidon Message,less than 2 min can reach by walking.

Mr.romantic
22-12-2006, 12:57 PM
It will take u more than 10 mins to walk to Huay Hwang MRT but 10 mins to Suttisan MRT.HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO WALK FROM NATAREE TO POSEIDON AND THEN BACK TO NATAREE? :D

Red_Perrier1099
22-12-2006, 01:57 PM
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO WALK FROM NATAREE TO POSEIDON AND THEN BACK TO NATAREE? :D

probably takes about 45mins to an hour.

I ever walked from Huay Kwang to Robinson, at least 15mins, normal walking pace. And air Quality very bad, not like walking down orchard Rd.

Nataree to Poseidon then back..............I think will sweat like a Pig. :D

The_Unrepentant
22-12-2006, 05:13 PM
It will take u more than 10 mins to walk to Huay Hwang MRT but 10 mins to Suttisan MRT.

tui. ppl cannot walk fast fast man? :eek: ppl is young man. u old man. give u walk 20 min also cannot reach the sutthisan mrt. :D

dota_pro
22-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Mr Romantic, from Nataree to Poseidon is abt 1.5km distance.how fast u walk i dun know.From Wattana mansion to Poseidon is abt 400metres,near enuff ? lol

Herich
22-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I think this is the cheapest,decent livable 'hotel' one can find near ratchada. the money saved on accomodation can be used for bonks/food. best thing about watana is its proximity to Poseidon, 1-2min walk. can go there and 'beo' the fish tank of about 100 girls (level 2) as and when you feel like it. i always stay there when i cheong BKK. hope tigerairways fly to the old Don Maung airport in future. cos it is nearer to watana. less than 150baht cab ride.

solid_snake
22-12-2006, 10:42 PM
do they (watana mansion) have a website to check for details and info?

will be in bangkok in feb 2007, now, still looking for budget hotel cost under 1000 baht or below around sukhumvit & rachada areas, just need the room to sleep & and to keep baggage. most of the activities will be outside hotel, so dun really need a very nice room. and most important is no extra charge on extra person.

pls help & thanks in advance! :)

Peter_North
22-12-2006, 11:37 PM
I think this is the cheapest,decent livable 'hotel' one can find near ratchada. the money saved on accomodation can be used for bonks/food. best thing about watana is its proximity to Poseidon, 1-2min walk. can go there and 'beo' the fish tank of about 100 girls (level 2) as and when you feel like it. i always stay there when i cheong BKK. hope tigerairways fly to the old Don Maung airport in future. cos it is nearer to watana. less than 150baht cab ride.

Bro, anyone can just walk up to level 2 to beo without having to pay anything ?

got place to sit down lim kopi then slowly beo the girls ?

naemlo
23-12-2006, 12:10 AM
tui. ppl cannot walk fast fast man? :eek: ppl is young man. u old man. give u walk 20 min also cannot reach the sutthisan mrt.

Tui, I rather walk to Suttisan to take MRT.. :D

justl00king
23-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Never tried Watana before but for budget i think Palazzo offers the best in terms of value for money.Pretty decent room and good location. :cool:

vmtech
23-12-2006, 04:10 PM
aiya get somewhere in btwn in terms of price and distance of palazo and watanna la. go Ratchada City Hotel

Garage1
23-12-2006, 09:13 PM
seriously, if u stay at watana, I suggest better go palazzo.. pay abit more u can see the diff.. watana is just like a HDB standard... If u wanna budget abit on room just to spend on food or fun etc.. Then dun go on a holiday..

vmtech
24-12-2006, 03:30 AM
seriously, if u stay at watana, I suggest better go palazzo.. pay abit more u can see the diff.. watana is just like a HDB standard... If u wanna budget abit on room just to spend on food or fun etc.. Then dun go on a holiday..

not to mention creaky beds

Er Lang
24-12-2006, 10:06 AM

stay in hotel feeling very shiok and relax.
most of my trip will stay in emerald or grand diamond. good location
recently i stay in one WL apartment but really damn boring and do not have that kind of holiday feeling. :(

BkkResident
24-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Ratchada is nearer to old airport n far from the new airport. The taxi is definitely more than 300B with Toll.

Taxi to and fro airport is ard 220Baht with Toll at 4plus in the afternoon with a little traffic jam.

Herich
25-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Bro, anyone can just walk up to level 2 to beo without having to pay anything ?

got place to sit down lim kopi then slowly beo the girls ?

No need to pay anything. The waitress will ask you if you want any drinks. The papasans will most probably recognise and will not bother you if you are a 'regular'

Herich
25-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Never tried Watana before but for budget i think Palazzo offers the best in terms of value for money.Pretty decent room and good location. :cool:

Will try palazzo for my next trip to BKK. I do agree with some bros' comments that watanna is a bit 'off standard' for holidays.

justl00king
26-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Will try palazzo for my next trip to BKK. I do agree with some bros' comments that watanna is a bit 'off standard' for holidays.Good choice. :D

The standard rooms are pretty decent but if you dun mind paying higher can go for the new wing studio which should be even better.

Enjoy your holiday!:)

tipsy90
26-12-2006, 07:52 PM
can anyone advise if poisedon is near to utopia? have been to utopia for my past few visits to bkk and would like to try poisedon.

and also just to check, utopia is at rama 9 ratchada road right?

naemlo
26-12-2006, 08:16 PM
can anyone advise if poisedon is near to utopia? have been to utopia for my past few visits to bkk and would like to try poisedon.

It is definitely not within walking distance. Take a cab...

tipsy90
26-12-2006, 08:31 PM
It is definitely not within walking distance. Take a cab...

bro, do you think poisedon is a better bet than utopia. cos this time bringing my friends there so hope to find out more. price wise, is poisedon more expensive than utopia? just comparing the fish tank at level 1. not those model category ones. thks bro.

naemlo
26-12-2006, 08:37 PM
bro, do you think poisedon is a better bet than utopia. cos this time bringing my friends there so hope to find out more. price wise, is poisedon more expensive than utopia? just comparing the fish tank at level 1. not those model category ones. thks bro.

Hmmmm never try Utopia b4... so cannot compare.

tipsy90
26-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm never try Utopia b4... so cannot compare.

how about clubbing? so far have been to route66 and slim at rca. any recommendations for easy pick up?

longgun
26-12-2006, 10:42 PM

think fish tank wise...poseidon better then utopia lah. But utopia have got more petite girls, if u like those type. But facewise, not so pretty. Personally I prefer the sideliners from Utopia. Also the place more conducive for some chitchat and some food with your khakis before action.

endlesssummer
15-01-2007, 01:04 PM
how about clubbing? so far have been to route66 and slim at rca. any recommendations for easy pick up?

Well u can try santika (sukhumvit). Alot of thai local goes there but mostly its not FL but many pretty thai uni gals there. Whether they will hook up with u depend on ur skill. ;)

84gunner
15-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Well u can try santika (sukhumvit). Alot of thai local goes there but mostly its not FL but many pretty thai uni gals there. Whether they will hook up with u depend on ur skill. ;)

siao liao! brudder, u post like tat, sure gonna have many cheapskate buayas, esp from SGP, going 2 cheong & pack santika even more! santika oredi packed enuf, now it may gonna explode!!! then u can oso see more FLs going santika liao, hahaha.

other clubs may start 2 see some decline in their business liao, hahaha.

I kinda noticed tis trend, the clubs where many SGPeans like 2 go, more FLs start 2 go oso. rca route66 & slim were recommended / posted in tis forum (tat the gals there are chio & easy 2 pick up, free ONS, etc), I noticed, my fren oso commented, there seem 2 be more pple ard talking wif SGP accent, and oso seems there's more FLs there now (for slim, esp techno / trance section)!

hee hee, the moment u say got something "free", esp sex / ONS, SGPeans sure cheong there one!!!

Hakoshu
15-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Santika is closed bro.. Another alternative is nung len or escobar

siao liao! brudder, u post like tat, sure gonna have many cheapskate buayas, esp from SGP, going 2 cheong & pack santika even more! santika oredi packed enuf, now it may gonna explode!!! then u can oso see more FLs going santika liao, hahaha.

84gunner
16-01-2007, 12:35 AM
hmmm...wonder y santika is closed. thot it was packed.

nang len, haha, super packed oso, but then, the gals there, will hardly be bothered wif guys not in their groups. or mebbe I simply no skills...

High till Dry
16-01-2007, 01:05 AM
hmmm...wonder y santika is closed. thot it was packed.

nang len, haha, super packed oso, but then, the gals there, will hardly be bothered wif guys not in their groups. or mebbe I simply no skills...

Bro it's closed for renovation la.

I think they earn too much liao and it's time to relax & upgrade...:D

endlesssummer
16-01-2007, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=84gunner;1810267]siao liao! brudder, u post like tat, sure gonna have many cheapskate buayas, esp from SGP, going 2 cheong & pack santika even more! santika oredi packed enuf, now it may gonna explode!!! then u can oso see more FLs going santika liao, hahaha.[QUOTE]

Hahaha..no worries man...like what i said hard to hook up gals...let those guys try den they know wat like talking to the thin air. Santika is a good plc to hang out unless u got local frs brg u there. :D
If really wan to pick up best go RCA or CM2 but for CM2 prepare to burn a hole in ur wallet. :rolleyes:

84gunner
16-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Hahaha..no worries man...like what i said hard to hook up gals...let those guys try den they know wat like talking to the thin air. Santika is a good plc to hang out unless u got local frs brg u there. :D
If really wan to pick up best go RCA or CM2 but for CM2 prepare to burn a hole in ur wallet. :rolleyes:

CM2, haha, infested wif FLs!!! But the range of FLs not bad, got some ang mohs (Russians / Ukrainians), for those brudders who likes ang moh.

some more entrance fee is 400 or 500 THB, I cant remember liao.

RCA, hee hee, best part will be, party happily until 2wards end of nite, sekali the gal say, "I can follow u home", and start negotiating price, limpeh will laugh until roll!!! After spending on all the drinks, and "gentleman" behavior (chai tao), then end up to realise she's FL, hahaha. The ultimate will be if she actually turns out 2 be ah kua!!!!

High till Dry
16-01-2007, 07:04 PM
RCA, hee hee, best part will be, party happily until 2wards end of nite, sekali the gal say, "I can follow u home", and start negotiating price, limpeh will laugh until roll!!! After spending on all the drinks, and "gentleman" behavior (chai tao), then end up to realise she's FL, hahaha. The ultimate will be if she actually turns out 2 be ah kua!!!!

Bro, did u speak from experiential knowledge? :p :D

84gunner
16-01-2007, 11:00 PM

half yes, half anticipation;

at 1 of the clubs there, the moment I stepped in, a gal was oredi staring & smiling at me. While ordering & waiting 4 our drinks, she was looking at my direction every now & then. There were oso several guys spoke 2 her 4 a short while in between, similar 2 approaching her.

After our drinks came, & toasting among ourselves, I went over 2 say hi 2 her. normal greeting exchanges, & then immediately, she said "where u stay? I can go back wif u". I juz smiled & walked away, back to my group of frens. Now I know why the guys spoke (approach) & left.

recently, I oso observed the presence of more ah kuas in RCA.

84gunner
16-01-2007, 11:01 PM

half yes, half anticipation;

at 1 of the clubs there, the moment I stepped in, a gal was oredi staring & smiling at me. While ordering & waiting 4 our drinks, she was looking at my direction every now & then. There were oso several guys spoke 2 her 4 a short while in between, similar 2 approaching her.

After our drinks came, & toasting among ourselves, I went over 2 say hi 2 her. normal greeting exchanges, & then immediately, she said "where u stay? I can go back wif u". I juz smiled & walked away, back to my group of frens. Now I know why the guys spoke (approach) & left.

recently, I oso observed the presence of more ah kuas in RCA.

84gunner
17-01-2007, 02:02 AM
repeated post, delete.

ansonlky
29-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Have anyone notice on the upper level floors some room is actually padlocked from outside and the wooden door they paste those chinese "fu* and amulet..