PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat 130km to eat Ah See Wanton Mee !!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
25-12-2016, 06:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I never thought I will do it for a bowl of wanton mee but I heard of Ah See Wanton Mee so many times that I thought I better close this chapter once and for all. I even met one bloke in London who raved about it.

So with couple of kakis we headed North. Most came along for the ride. Here is the address.
Jalan Jenang Dalam, Kampung Pegawai, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia. Its in the heart of town and not in some ulu area.

And it turned out to be the real deal - memories of good hawker fare of yesteryears started to flood thru. The noodle taste and texture, the sauce and the wanton all were excellent. One of the kakis who came from the ride had 3 rounds while the rest of us had 2 rounds. We then found out that everything including the noodles are prepared upstairs of the shophouse. Its a family run joint that began in the 1940s and now in the hands of the 3rd generation. The name of the shop is Chop See Kee but more commonly known as Ah See Wanton Mee as explained by the locals.

Seriously if you yearn for the good old days, this has to be in your bucket list.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?239380-130km-to-eat-Ah-See-Wanton-Mee-!!&goto=newpost).