PDA

View Full Version : Share my experience and some questions

Hiptop
07-12-2006, 07:10 AM
My background

1 month ago, i bonk a FL. my 1st time with a FL. i was capped and i couldn't remember if there was anything wrong with the cap. since then, i feel so guilty and stupid. what if im infected? what will happen to my family and friends? Last week, i had fever and throat inflammation. saw doc and was ok. i suspect its due to heatiness but im still afraid as its one of the symptoms of HIV.

do you think i should go get tested since its already 1 month? DSC website Q&A say that the period is 1 - 3 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share my experience at AFA DSC clinic 6/12/06

Yesterday was exactly 1 month after I had protected sex with a FL. Was feeling dman guilty and worried so I went to AFA testing today.

Walked in at 6.40pm, wow, so many people liao. Quite a few pretty gals there for test as well, with 2 eurasians very chio. Filled up a short questionnaire and pass the guy $20 and got a receipt. Number was 26***.

Waited half hour for number to be called for counseling. A 5 min chat and off I went for the blood test. Waited outside the room for 10 min, went in, got a prick on left middle finger, squezzed a drop of blood on the test strip and was told to wait outside. The next 10 mins were so slow and I was struggling inside whether am I positive or negative. Actually before going for the test, I told myself it will be negative cos I had protected sex. Saw a gal in tears after walking out of counseling so maybe she was positive?

Time came and the same counselor called my number to room 9 and he showed me the test strip. 2 white boxes on the strip. Got one box with a ‘control’ word and arrow pointing to it. If got a red line, means the strip is working. The other box was clear white. It means im NEGATIVE! If there is another red line, it means positive.

So I left the DSC almost 1.5 hours after stepping in, a happy man.

1)Just want to find out if at 1 month, the test is negative, what are the chances of it becoming positive on the 3rd month?

2) And whats the name of the test kit used by AFA? Very fast can know the result. Think I saw on the website stated 20 mins.

thanks

Hiptop
15-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Nobody reply to my post. Did i ask any stupid question? Im really worried. What if i am positive. I told myself never to bonk other gals again other then gf or wife if im negative. I think i better go for another test at 6 weeks, next tue or wed.

wish me luck. Any bros who have any advice, please share. Thankyou v much.

sammyboyfor
16-12-2006, 05:43 AM
wish me luck. Any bros who have any advice, please share. Thankyou v much.

All the info you seek is already in this section.

norice
19-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Hiptop,

Don't panic, Titanic! First major sympton of HIV is having flu like symptom with massive DIARRHEA! Diarrhea is so severe that any medication will not stop or prevent the runs!

Good luck

Hiptop
19-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi guys.

Today was 6 weeks and 1 day after my encounter with a FL. I went for the AFA test despite the rain.

Before testing, The counselor said to me that since my exposure was protected, he has no doubt that the result will be negative. Then I asked if its long enough to be tested?
He said as long as 3 weeks to 3 months, its ok to test

So went for the test.

After the test, the counselor told me that its NEGATIVE as he predicted as he said my exposure was protected, I have nothing to worry about. And since its protected and NEGATIVE, I do not have to test again.

Is what he said true? That I don’t have to go for test again? If 6 weeks still no HIV antibody, means im ok?

Thanks.

Camellia
26-12-2006, 08:59 AM
are you a man??? protected sex also scare you until like that??? you not fit to be a samster

sammyboyfor
26-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Hiptop,

Don't panic, Titanic! First major sympton of HIV is having flu like symptom with massive DIARRHEA! Diarrhea is so severe that any medication will not stop or prevent the runs!

Good luck

If you don't know the facts, it would be best if you SHUT YOUR TRAP!:mad: What you are describing is one of the symptoms of full blown AIDS which does not occur till a FEW YEARS (up to a DECADE) LATER!

HIV symptoms are a lot less dramatic. http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/hiv?page=basics-00-02