PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Rickey
25-04-2022, 02:29 PM
At this point, I hope West Ham and Wolves win all their games in hand, pop Utd out of the top 7 spots. Thursday nights in Europe are nothing but a distraction. Better start the rebuild with just the league. Not that any player who wants UCL as a prerequisite to sign for us would be persuaded with UEL or Conference League anyway. Plus it screws up scheduling and all our league matches will be late games on Sundays or Tuesdays early morning.
I think better not imom to attract best foreign talents (incidentally both West Ham n Wolves lost their matches last night)...they may hv a little glimmer of hope to land No. 7 position in the League Table n qualify for European Conference League :)...yes, the scheduling is bad for us fans but some of the good but lesser known new players might be persuaded to sign up with them if they still r playing somewhere in Europe next season....of course super players like Declan Rice n Harry Kane will definitely not cum if there r no European Champions League to play for

Rickey
25-04-2022, 02:30 PM
Dutch.

Google translate --- "We shall see".:D
T.Q. lacoruna for translating for me :)

Rickey
25-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Bruno F is just another pure trash now.

Last time he is only good against weak team...now even weak team he cannot perform.

For the past 7-8 matches, zero goals and zero assists. Against the Gunners, I didn't notice he was playing.

I think he was desperate to score a goal so he didn't want CR7 to take it...and unfortunately he blew it.
If that had went in, it would be 2-2. Who knows, anything can happened after that.
Yes lacoruna...u said it all ! ;)...totally agree with u :)

Rickey
25-04-2022, 02:33 PM
Yes, probably a bad time to take over.

But it could also mean he got the opportunity to turn things around.
When you are bottom, the only way is up.

Chop off all those dead woods (plenty).....keep those who want to play.
V. well said n good advice ...agree with u again lacoruna ! :)

Rickey
25-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Thank you.

Very clever, Mr Deportivo. From here on I shall use English. :D

Ja. It will be a big challenge. It is shocking to watch Manchester United play. Of course, you will not see me say this to the press.

The U-23s and U-18s give me great hope though.

I hope the fans and board understand it will take years to bring the club back to the top.

Best of luck to the U-18s for the FA Youth Cup. I shall be watching.

In case anyone is wondering how to say my name :D :

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/how-to-correctly-pronounce-name-of-new-man-utd-manager-erik-ten-hag
Wow !!...can't believe it !!...the real life ETH is here !! :eek:..haha...welcum, welcum, sir ;)...plss help to turn this club around to their glory days again under SAF, can ???...get rid of all the deadwoods n those lazy to play for the club

imom
26-04-2022, 10:48 AM
...some of the good but lesser known new players might be persuaded to sign up with them if they still r playing somewhere in Europe next season....

I dun think conference or even europa is an attraction for any player of the calibre we should be targeting/signing. The lesser known players that we may take chances on - the Utd name alone should suffice imho. Despite recent history.

Anyway, West Ham and Wolves didn't do their part. :rolleyes:

imom
27-04-2022, 10:02 AM
Next change at the Theatre of Creams:

Man Utd 1 : 2 Chelsea

Rickey
27-04-2022, 11:54 PM

Wow imom !!...u r such an early bird...the 1st to predict the match tomolo nite against the in-form team of boys in blue in the top 3 :eek:...wat chance do they hv to win ??..at most a draw i suppose

the last time u got it right...so i believe that will be the score tomorrow night :(...the 1 goal scored will be as usual by CR7 (who else ??)...but if they drop McDisaster n those under-performers in the last game against Arsenal (the boys in red/white) n giv young hungry new blood a chance to showcase their skills n show their seniors how football shd be played, they might perhaps win by 1 goal :)...if the old man don't rotate n keep insisting on playing the same bunch of deadwoods (maybe he don't hv any better players than them on the bench) then it will be another thrashing for them, this time from the boys in blue from London...btw where r the rest of the predictors ???

imom
28-04-2022, 09:27 AM
...but if they drop McDisaster ...

No Maguire....

From BBC:

"TEAM NEWS
Manchester United could have up to seven players missing, with Harry Maguire ruled out by a knee injury.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a doubt and Jadon Sancho has tonsillitis, while Fred, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani remain sidelined.

Chelsea hope to welcome back Antonio Rudiger and Reece James, who have both returned to training following injury."

imom
28-04-2022, 09:32 AM
At this point, I hope West Ham and Wolves win all their games in hand, pop Utd out of the top 7 spots. Thursday nights in Europe are nothing but a distraction. Better start the rebuild with just the league. ....

Lol RR admits it would be an 'advantage' for Ten Hag to rebuild without any European competition, but says will not throw the remaining matches.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/27/manchester-united-not-being-in-europe-may-help-ten-hag-says-ralf-rangnick

Rickey
28-04-2022, 07:20 PM
No Maguire....

From BBC:

"TEAM NEWS
Manchester United could have up to seven players missing, with Harry Maguire ruled out by a knee injury.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a doubt and Jadon Sancho has tonsillitis, while Fred, Luke Shaw, Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani remain sidelined.

Chelsea hope to welcome back Antonio Rudiger and Reece James, who have both returned to training following injury."
Are they going to let the boys from the academy play tonight ??...pple like Hannibal, Garnacho etc, etc...:confused:

lawro
29-04-2022, 05:48 AM
Man Utd v Brentford x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61209521

Rickey
29-04-2022, 12:43 PM

Heng ahhh ..it's not another defeat but at least a draw 1-1 last night against chelski :) ..now they r depending on CR7 alone to score the goals ...lazy fellas ..n something bizarre happened ...didn't see the match was kooning, not sure if it true or not ??...heard the insane Rashford ran to hug Tuchel after the end of the game :eek:...is it he got eyesight problem as well ??...this guy is getting from good to bad n bad to worse ..better transfer him out asap

Rickey
29-04-2022, 04:28 PM

Wow, so fast another match cumming up again against Brentford :eek:...can the lazy players take it ???...depending on CR7 to score again ?? :rolleyes:..the Brentford strikers r tough n fast runners

So I was right, in last night's match they drew against Chelski ..Mctom was bad read reporters saying he loses the ball quite a few times...anyone notice that in last night's game n the previous 1, Matic was the 1 who passed the ball to CR7 to score...think for the last 3 matches left, the 2 of them shd play tgt n score as many goals as possible for the team n perhaps win another match at least with CR7 scoring another hattrick...if they try hard enough I think they can beat Brighton

JonesKnows
30-04-2022, 04:28 PM
Man Utd v Brentford

SCORE PREDICTION: 2-2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/12600604/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-is-backing-manchester-city-to-hand-title-advantage-to-liverpool-by-drawing-at-leeds

charlienicholas
30-04-2022, 04:34 PM

Charlie prediction: 2-1

PaulMerson
30-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Man Utd v Brentford

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/12600604/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-is-backing-manchester-city-to-hand-title-advantage-to-liverpool-by-drawing-at-leeds

MU is not playing as a team now.

I say 0-1

imom
30-04-2022, 09:37 PM
No need to say too much.

Man Utd 2 : 2 Brentford

Rickey
01-05-2022, 09:08 PM

I say 0-1
Paul, if CR7 plays...the score won't be 0-1 ;)...it shd be MU 1 - BR xxx ??? ...haha

Rickey
01-05-2022, 09:16 PM

Man Utd v Brentford

No need to say too much.

Man Utd 2 : 2 Brentford

I say 0-1
Predictions in summary as @ now >>>

MU Win....2 (charlie n lawro)

MU Draw..2 (imom n Jones)

MU Lose...1 (Paul)

For me...it's either another draw or loss depending on which team is sent onto the field n whether it is with or w/o CR7....but if CR7 plays with their best XI there shd be a minimum of at least 1 goal or maybe another hattrick n a win ???...
but if the bunch of lazy useless players turn up again, then definitely will be another loss

Rickey
03-05-2022, 09:33 AM
Predictions in summary as @ now >>>

MU Win....2 (charlie n lawro)

MU Draw..2 (imom n Jones)

MU Lose...1 (Paul)

For me...it's either another draw or loss depending on which team is sent onto the field n whether it is with or w/o CR7....but if CR7 plays with their best XI there shd be a minimum of at least 1 goal or maybe another hattrick n a win ???...
but if the bunch of lazy useless players turn up again, then definitely will be another loss

Wow !!...couldn't believe it that this is surprisingly 1 of their best game this season so far beating Brentford 3-0 n with a clean sheet some more :)....1 of the goals a penalty was scored none other than by CR7, the prodigal son his 18th goal of the season n the other 2 scored by the frustrated guy B Fernandes n Varane 1st goal for the club...heard that Mata n Matic did v well in midfield but sad to say it's their last game for the club at old Strafford ...maybe they played well as a team to bid the 2 farewell ...Mctom was again bad in this game but was covered up by the rest of the team...best of all there was no McDisaster, replaced by Jones

So this time round lawro n esp Charlie r right again in their predictions but scoreline r not...let's hope they can beat Brighton n C Palace in their last 2 games this season...if they played the way they played early this morning against Brentford, the 2 r for their taking...they shd be able to slaughter them by at least 1 goal by CR7

Tai_zi21
05-05-2022, 04:11 AM
The worst-kept secret in the past month is now official...

MANCHESTER UNITED APPOINTS ERIK TEN HAG AS MANAGER
Thursday 21 April 2022 18:10

Manchester United is delighted to announce the appointment of Erik ten Hag as Men’s First Team Manager, subject to work visa requirements, from the end of this season until June 2025, with the option to extend for a further year.

John Murtough, Football Director, said: “During the past four years at Ajax, Erik has proved himself to be one of the most exciting and successful coaches in Europe, renowned for his team’s attractive, attacking football and commitment to youth.

“In our conversations with Erik leading up to this appointment, we were deeply impressed with his long-term vision for returning Manchester United to the level we want to be competing at, and his drive and determination to achieve that.

“We wish Erik the best of luck as he focuses on achieving a successful end to the season at Ajax and look forward to welcoming him to Manchester United this summer.”

Erik ten Hag said: “It is a great honour to be appointed manager of Manchester United and I am hugely excited by the challenge ahead. I know the history of this great club and the passion of the fans, and I am absolutely determined to develop a team capable of delivering the success they deserve.

“It will be difficult to leave Ajax after these incredible years, and I can assure our fans of my complete commitment and focus on bringing this season to a successful conclusion before I move to Manchester United.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/erik-ten-hag-appointed-as-man-utd-manager-official-statement

Hope I’m not too late to share my views on our up coming new manager

How many big names manager we have since Ferguson left? LVG? Mourinho?
Small name prob Moyes and ole…

Watching man United under Moyes and ole making me vomit blood always… their tactics and the players they choose

But now i realise it all down to the players… half of the squad need to be gone… we have to slowly rebuilt the team… just like Klopp he didn’t win the title in the first season when he came to Liverpool… and of cos I’m happy virus Pogba is finally gone…

Let be realistic here… our fav club is not going to win the title next season… I’m
Praying for a top three finish… get rid of all the deadwood and slowly rebuilt from there… it going to be a tough job for sure but I know our new manager hang in there

lawro
06-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Brighton v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61302408

JonesKnows
06-05-2022, 08:09 PM
Brighton v Man Utd

SCORE PREDICTION: 1-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12604181/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-wants-to-back-newcastle-to-derail-manchester-citys-premier-league-title-bid

PaulMerson
07-05-2022, 05:58 AM
Brighton v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12604181/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-wants-to-back-newcastle-to-derail-manchester-citys-premier-league-title-bid

MU will not win on the road

I say 1-0

charlienicholas
07-05-2022, 09:24 AM
Brighton v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61302408

Charlie prediction: 1-0

Rickey
07-05-2022, 10:38 AM
MU will not win on the road

I say 1-0

Charlie prediction: 1-0
For the last game charlie n lawro predicted correctly a MU win but Paul didn't ..but this time round for tonight against Brighton both charlie n paul r predicting the same results of a MU loss :confused:...hmmm...for now i go for a MU win or draw depending on which team they send out n whether or not McDisaster plays...whenever he plays there will be a goal scored against them due to his poor defending

lacoruna69
07-05-2022, 12:02 PM
But now i realise it all down to the players… half of the squad need to be gone… we have to slowly rebuilt the team… just like Klopp he didn’t win the title in the first season when he came to Liverpool… and of cos I’m happy virus Pogba is finally gone…

Agree....the Brentford match shows the quality is there...but the players choose whether to play is another matter.

Think Klopp need a few seasons to make Liverpool what it is today.
I regret to say I was one of the ones who laugh at him initially.
I nickname him Jurgen Flopp....
Guess he have the last laugh now.:o

imom
07-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Simply do not know which Utd will turn up. Suspect will be a low-scoring 1:1 draw, but hoping to see more goals. So:

Brighton 2 : 2 Man Utd

Rickey
08-05-2022, 01:36 AM
Simply do not know which Utd will turn up. Suspect will be a low-scoring 1:1 draw, but hoping to see more goals. So:

Brighton 2 : 2 Man Utd
Half time n they r already 1 down :(...they could hv been down by another 3 goals if the Brighton strikers r good...seems like they hv no mood to play to score goals...all the time keep losing the ball n let all the Brighton players come forward to attack them ...they were being pressed rather than RR's gegenpressing...whole of the 1st half they were just defending only n could catch no balls ...looks like they gonna lose if they continue to play this way with some of the deadwood players like Varane n Mctom always losing the ball in midfield n defence ...sigh

Tai_zi21
08-05-2022, 02:30 AM
Losing 4 nil to which team again can someone tell me pls? :mad:

I am beyond mad and speechless

Rickey
08-05-2022, 02:58 AM
Losing 4 nil to which team again can someone tell me pls? :mad:

I am beyond mad and speechless
Brighton lor....1 of the mid-table teams ...gone case liao these useless players...ought to be ashamed of themselves wearing the MU jersey n badge.:(..

don't know how to press other teams to score but instead got pressed back by them n let them score :(.. always keep losing the ball to the opposition players who can run faster than them with the ball towards their goal to score ...same old story, again always get defeated easily by teams below them...even their unknown players can score goals against them, believe it or not ..this GK DDG is hopeless tonight..:(.couldnt even save any of the 4 goals scored by Brighton (could only save 1 the whole night) ...surprisingly this team that started tonight was the same as the one that beat Brentford 3-0....I think the last match against C Palace will be the same result...

but to be fair to them they got 4 balls that hit the target but we're saved by the good Brighton GK but still on the whole Brighton players played much better than them...can run faster than them n know how to press them to sardines

kyc2110
08-05-2022, 05:17 AM
Brighton lor....1 of the mid-table teams ...gone case liao these useless players...ought to be ashamed of themselves wearing the MU jersey n badge.:(..

don't know how to press other teams to score but instead got pressed back by them n let them score :(.. always keep losing the ball to the opposition players who can run faster than them with the ball towards their goal to score ...same old story, again always get defeated easily by teams below them...even their unknown players can score goals against them, believe it or not ..this GK DDG is hopeless tonight..:(.couldnt even save any of the 4 goals scored by Brighton (could only save 1 the whole night) ...surprisingly this team that started tonight was the same as the one that beat Brentford 3-0....I think the last match against C Palace will be the same result...

but to be fair to them they got 4 balls that hit the target but we're saved by the good Brighton GK but still on the whole Brighton players played much better than them...can run faster than them n know how to press them to sardines
Manu is also a mid table team! :D

Rickey
08-05-2022, 11:30 AM
Manu is also a mid table team! :D
Worse than a mid-table team, they r now a relegation team :mad:...if they hv been playing shits like tis since the 1st game of the season, today they would hv been 1 of the last 3 teams at the bottom of the table n will be relegated to the championship...all of them from the board downwards except CR7 shd be removed if they want to fight for titles n trophies like they use to in the past

lacoruna69
08-05-2022, 01:21 PM

This Brighton hardly plays well at home....the record was in Man U's favor.

Very lethargic display and many would think the club played a mid week European game.

I wasn't surprise with the defeat...but conceding 4 goals after an hour was terrible.
To top it off, display no fighting spirit to at least pull a goal back.

As usual, no conviction to hold on to the ball and chase after loose balls.
Like what Mo Salah mentioned...."they keep giving us the ball and made it easy for us"

I didn't watch the Brentford match and god knows how Man U defeat them 3-0. It is more or less the same team.

Basically the entire team lose heart after conceding the 2nd goal.

Luckily, still need to play one more match and the "nightmare" will be over for us.

I think Ten Hag should just bring the entire Ajax team to OT. :D

Replaced every single one of them.:mad:

imom
08-05-2022, 02:36 PM
Half time n they r already 1 down :(...they could hv been down by another 3 goals if the Brighton strikers r good...seems like they hv no mood to play to score goals...all the time keep losing the ball n let all the Brighton players come forward to attack them ...they were being pressed rather than RR's gegenpressing...whole of the 1st half they were just defending only n could catch no stars ...looks like they gonna lose if they continue to play this way with some of the deadwood players like Varane n Mctom always losing the ball in midfield n defence ...sigh

Outmuscled, outpassed, outplayed in every sense. I think the U-18s would have done better. Best decision I made was to go to bed after going 2-0 down.

I hope one of the criteria for recruitment going forward is to sign players who have negligible to no social media presence. Too many of these 'players' who care more about their own branding than the club. Also hope the club gives Ten Hag authority like Fergie had - players shipped out no matter how big-name they are, even for speaking out of line about the club. Eg. Stam, Beckham, even Roy Keane. Everyone was in fear of letting the manager down.

But, guess I am daydreaming.

Rickey
08-05-2022, 11:23 PM
For the last game charlie n lawro predicted correctly a MU win but Paul didn't ..but this time round for tonight against Brighton both charlie n paul r predicting the same results of a MU loss :confused:...hmmm...for now i go for a MU win or draw depending on which team they send out n whether or not McDisaster plays...whenever he plays there will be a goal scored against them due to his poor defending
This time round it's Paul n Charlie who r correct esp charlie who got it right once again in their predictions but their scorelines r inaccurate :)...it's another shameful 4-0 thrashing, this time given to them by a lowly team just below mid-table

the hopeless players shamefully wearing the MU jersey got to take a leaf n learn from the way how Leeds players played against Arsenal tonight fighting all the way till the last min to try to get an equaliser even with just 10 men on the field (one of them was red carded)...the score then was only 2-1...these useless bumps don't hv the type of fighting spirits all the Leeds players hv tonight against the gunners...even with 1 man down all of them defended v. well, their passing to each other were v. good n accurate n they even carve out opportunities for themselves to roam forward to create many chances to score against Arsenal :)...they actually nearly equalised had their last kick been a little bit more accurate for the ball to go into the Arsenal net...Arsenal survived the scare Leeds gave them by the skin of their teeth...this is the way how these idiots shd hv played

Rickey
08-05-2022, 11:44 PM
This Brighton hardly plays well at home....the record was in Man U's favor.

Very lethargic display and many would think the club played a mid week European game.

I wasn't surprise with the defeat...but conceding 4 goals after an hour was terrible.
To top it off, display no fighting spirit to at least pull a goal back.

As usual, no conviction to hold on to the ball and chase after loose balls.
Like what Mo Salah mentioned...."they keep giving us the ball and made it easy for us"

I didn't watch the Brentford match and god knows how Man U defeat them 3-0. It is more or less the same team.

Basically the entire team lose heart after conceding the 2nd goal.

Luckily, still need to play one more match and the "nightmare" will be over for us.

I think Ten Hag should just bring the entire Ajax team to OT. :D

Replaced every single one of them.:mad:
Yes lacoruna, this match last night against Brighton, a lowly team in the bottom half of the table was just for their taking had it been previous teams playing...but for this current bunch of clowns, they r always taken n raped instead by all the teams of the premier league both top n bottom e.g. Pool thrashing them 4-0 n now Brighton doing the same n even bottom team Norwich nearly knock them out if not for CR7 playing n scoring the goals for them 3-2 :mad:

Yes, u r right, u quoted Salah of Pool who was v. honest in his opinions of how these jokers played...they r just too lazy to play to win...just want easy life, collect their big fat salary n complain abt tis n that like little kids not given sweets to eat...they don't even hv pride for themselves or feel ashamed when they were thrashed so badly by so many teams both top n bottom by such a wide margin w/o even a reply or getting at least 1 goal back...yes, ETH shd bring his whole Ajax team over n kick all these lazy players out to the lower level championship teams :(

Heard West Ham just won their match tonight n will be fast catching them up from behind to take over 6th or 7th spot in the table sending them totally out of all kinds of european football if they lose their last match against C Palace in 2 weeks time...they hv a lot of time to rest for the final match n there r no more excuses for Palace players to pull down their pants easily thrashing them 4-0 again if not more...

Rickey
08-05-2022, 11:48 PM
Outmuscled, outpassed, outplayed in every sense. I think the U-18s would have done better. Best decision I made was to go to bed after going 2-0 down.

I hope one of the criteria for recruitment going forward is to sign players who have negligible to no social media presence. Too many of these 'players' who care more about their own branding than the club. Also hope the club gives Ten Hag authority like Fergie had - players shipped out no matter how big-name they are, even for speaking out of line about the club. Eg. Stam, Beckham, even Roy Keane. Everyone was in fear of letting the manager down.

But, guess I am daydreaming.
Yes imom, agree totally with wat u said...don't think u r daydreaming...it is something they must do or dissolve the club

escobar43535
09-05-2022, 10:54 AM
looks like they gonna lose if they continue to play this way with some of the deadwood players like Varane...

Think RM got it spot on by letting Varane go when they did bro.

CL world class Varane has turned into Conference League Varane at United:D

Looks like Ramos was carrying Varane and made him look good in a slower league.

ETH really has his work cut out for him. But like i keep telling you guys in here, only if the ghost of SAF is finally removed once and for all, then and only then can United move forward;)

Wish you guys luck!

sc slayer
10-05-2022, 09:56 PM
Anyone knows where to watch FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest online etc? I expect it to be more exciting than watching the first team play.

imom
11-05-2022, 11:08 AM
So, Haaland has signed for City.

Is it just me feeling that City has learnt to do biz the way United did under Fergie? Everything quietly behind the scenes till deal is done. Since Fergie left, every transfer by United seems to be done in the media.

How the mighty have fallen.

lacoruna69
12-05-2022, 11:36 AM
Anyone knows where to watch FA Youth Cup Final between Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest online etc? I expect it to be more exciting than watching the first team play.

At least Man U win something this season.....:D

https://www.eurosport.com/football/alejandro-garnacho-stars-as-man-utd-beat-nottingham-forest-to-win-fa-youth-cup-at-old-trafford_sto8920950/story.shtml

Think Alejandro Garnacho was given some play time in the match against Chelsea.

Obviously the new future star.

imom
12-05-2022, 02:25 PM
At least Man U win something this season.....:D

...Think Alejandro Garnacho was given some play time in the match against Chelsea.

Obviously the new future star.

I downloaded and watched the match.

Garnacho was quite effectively snuffed out for most of the match.

Honestly, 3-1 was a flattering scoreline - the match was quite even throughout, and dare I say it, Forest probably edged it in terms of playing more cohesively as a team. Utd had the technically more gifted players and in this match, we were lucky that it paid off. With huge chunks of luck too.

First goal, a quick free kick was taken and wasted. Fortunately ref pulled it back as he wasn't ready. Nice header from captain Rhys Bennett from the retaken free kick, but Forest's keeper really should have saved it.

Second goal - the foul was obviously outside the box but ref gave a penalty. No VAR, and Garnacho scored from the spot.

Third goal, great effort, running and subsequent skill by Garnacho, but his shot took a large deflection off a defender and it went in on the opposite side of where keeper was moving towards. If not for the deflection I think the keeper would have saved it.

Fantastic cup run by the boys, but somehow it felt like watching a younger version of the senior team. Individual talents more apparent than team play. Hope they can learn and develop better.

Just a bit of trivia:

First team to win the FA Youth Cup since the team of 2011, which included Jesse Lingard, Paul Pogba and wasted talent Ravel Morrison.

They thumped Sheffield United 6-3 on aggregate and in the Sheffield team defence was... Harry Maguire :D

Rickey
12-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Think RM got it spot on by letting Varane go when they did bro.

CL world class Varane has turned into Conference League Varane at United:D

Looks like Ramos was carrying Varane and made him look good in a slower league.

ETH really has his work cut out for him. But like i keep telling you guys in here, only if the ghost of SAF is finally removed once and for all, then and only then can United move forward;)

Wish you guys luck!
Sorry for the late reply bro escobar...n thk u for yr good wishes :)

Yes, think u r right bro, MU seems to be taking all this so-called great players like Varane w/o knowing that they hv gone past their shelf life n hv been playing 'good' only becos they hv been playing tgt with the really good n better players...don't know why all these good n 'famous' players from top teams in Europe e.g. Memphis Depay, Angel Di Marian n now Pogba n Sancho suddenly play like shits when they come over to MU...is it becos playing in Europe is so much easier than in the EPL becos they play a much more slower game there than here in the EPL...vice versa, look at our EPL players doing so well here when they go over there to play in the famous European teams like Barca n RM, r also playing like shits there n many r asking to cum back to play in the EPL...not really sure why ???

As for ETH, fans all r hoping he can bring the team back to glory days again asap...if he can't then we hv to borrow Klopp or Pep for a season to bring them up again ;)...haha

Rickey
13-05-2022, 09:03 AM
So, Haaland has signed for City.

Is it just me feeling that City has learnt to do biz the way United did under Fergie? Everything quietly behind the scenes till deal is done. Since Fergie left, every transfer by United seems to be done in the media.

How the mighty have fallen.
Signing Haaland is just 1 big intent for City to show that they want to capture the EPL title for many more yrs to come...n it doesn't seem that they will stop at Haaland, they r still in the hunt n looking for other big name players to recruit n join them this summer hopefully also helping them to clinch their 1st European Cup...they r of course smart enough like Pool to grab good players on the quiet b4 they r taken if they make it public like this club does..but actually whether the recruitment is done openly or covertly doesn't really matter much as it is the success of the club on the playing field with a well known n good manager that really counts to attract these good quality players to join them

Seems like the proverb is true ...every dog has its day

lacoruna69
13-05-2022, 01:43 PM
I downloaded and watched the match.

Garnacho was quite effectively snuffed out for most of the match.

Honestly, 3-1 was a flattering scoreline - the match was quite even throughout, and dare I say it, Forest probably edged it in terms of playing more cohesively as a team. Utd had the technically more gifted players and in this match, we were lucky that it paid off. With huge chunks of luck too.

Thanks for the analysis.

Seemed like this normally trivia match was used as a marketing tool by Man U marketing team.

How could a final be held at the home ground of one of the finalist??
Some critics commented that Forest fans were only allocated a small amount of tickets.

Sir Alex Ferguson was there and a load of many 1st team players.

And the Man U fans seemed to buy the idea and attended the match in the midst of disappointing performance by their 1st team players.

Maybe it was all scripted. :p

imom
14-05-2022, 03:39 PM
...How could a final be held at the home ground of one of the finalist??

..Sir Alex Ferguson was there...

Yeah, puzzling. I wonder how the venue is decided. Format also different from the last time they won, where the final was played over two legs at each of the team's grounds.

Nice to see Sir Alex smiling for once.

escobar43535
15-05-2022, 11:29 AM
No worries bro, always happy to exchange povs:)

Must say I still rate Sancho and think he should come good under ETH but hopefully not against Liverpool:D

Sorry for the late reply bro escobar...n thk u for yr good wishes :)

... now Sancho suddenly play like shits when they come over to MU...

imom
17-05-2022, 01:15 PM
The rumour mill is kicking into overdrive as usual, with Utd having nothing of much consequence to play for. And Ten Hag having terminated early with Ajax, skipping his holiday and getting right down to business.

Some odds of transfers of players linked to Utd:

Players whom bookies have Utd favourites to sign

Frankie de Jong 4/1
Darwin Nunez 5/4
Antony 2/1
Christian Eriksen 10/3 (but better odds of staying at Brentford)
Harry Kane 9/2 (BUT, given Spurs have control of 4th place, suspect the odds have been dramatically cut for him to stay at Spurs)

Players whom bookies have other teams favourites to sign

Declan Rice 7/2 (PSG at 8/11, Chelsea at 10/3)
Ruben Neves 6/1 (Barca at 4/1)
Kalvin Phillips 6/1 (Newcastle at 5/2, Villa at 4/1)
Paulo Dybala 10/1 (Inter at 1/2, Spurs at 6/1)
Pau Torres no odds given for Utd (Barca at 9/1)

No doubt the list/odds will yo-yo and change, still very early days. Bring out the popcorn.

lacoruna69
17-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Hope this ETH is not just a load of hot air...again.

It remains to be seen how much power he will be given in chopping and changing.
How much respect he can get from the players.

Most important, the players past, present and future needs to wake up from that Sir Alex era.

lawro
21-05-2022, 05:57 AM
Crystal Palace v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61493783

JonesKnows
21-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Crystal Palace v Man Utd

SCORE PREDICTION: 4-2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12612704/premier-league-predictions-are-manchester-city-likely-to-wobble-on-the-final-day-who-is-going-down

PaulMerson
21-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Crystal Palace v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12612704/premier-league-predictions-are-manchester-city-likely-to-wobble-on-the-final-day-who-is-going-down

Both teams had nothing to play for.

I say 0-0

imom
21-05-2022, 04:32 PM
ECL here we cum.... :rolleyes:

Crystal Palace 2 : 1 Man Utd

Rickey
21-05-2022, 08:15 PM
The rumour mill is kicking into overdrive as usual, with Utd having nothing of much consequence to play for. And Ten Hag having terminated early with Ajax, skipping his holiday and getting right down to business.

Some odds of transfers of players linked to Utd:

Players whom bookies have Utd favourites to sign

Frankie de Jong 4/1
Darwin Nunez 5/4
Antony 2/1
Christian Eriksen 10/3 (but better odds of staying at Brentford)
Harry Kane 9/2 (BUT, given Spurs have control of 4th place, suspect the odds have been dramatically cut for him to stay at Spurs)

Players whom bookies have other teams favourites to sign

Declan Rice 7/2 (PSG at 8/11, Chelsea at 10/3)
Ruben Neves 6/1 (Barca at 4/1)
Kalvin Phillips 6/1 (Newcastle at 5/2, Villa at 4/1)
Paulo Dybala 10/1 (Inter at 1/2, Spurs at 6/1)
Pau Torres no odds given for Utd (Barca at 9/1)

No doubt the list/odds will yo-yo and change, still very early days. Bring out the popcorn.
Looks like none of the abv u named will make it to Old Trafford this summer except maybe this guy Antony who ETH will bring over from Ajax...They r all just wish-lists

Rickey
21-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Hope this ETH is not just a load of hot air...again.

It remains to be seen how much power he will be given in chopping and changing.
How much respect he can get from the players.

Most important, the players past, present and future needs to wake up from that Sir Alex era.
Hope so too...He can only be successful if the Board of Donkeys givs him full authority n charge over all the players including transfers in n out...if not he will become like the earlier 4 lame ducks, swimming against the tide n drowned in the ocean by the all the useless players...they say they will try to impress ETH during this last game against C Palace...but isn't that too late ??...wats the use, all their matches hv been recorded in vid n all ETH needs to do is just to see a couple of them esp those when they were thrashed by both top n bottom teams n he will know how lazy n useless they hv been

Rickey
21-05-2022, 08:47 PM

I say 0-0

ECL here we cum.... :rolleyes:

Crystal Palace 2 : 1 Man Utd
Crystal Palace v Man Utd

So tomorrow nite is their final match against C Palace, their last do-or-die match...fortunately lately CP has not been playing well or aggressively n drew or lost their last few matches the most recent drew 1-1 with A Villa...so if they send their best XI on the field including CR7 they stand a good chance of winning...but if the lazy players turn up again then they can draw at best but most likely lose again

Good to see some of the predictions cum in already >>>

Man U win ....(1)...lawro

Man U draw...(1)...Paul Merson

Man U lose....(2)...imom n Jones

Now waiting for our most accurate predictor Charlie to cum in with his prediction...watever he predicts will most likely be the result tomorrow night

charlienicholas
22-05-2022, 05:23 AM

Prediction: Crystal Palace 0-0 Man Utd

Rickey
22-05-2022, 11:48 AM
Prediction: Crystal Palace 0-0 Man Utd
Wow, finally Charlie is in with his prediction ...n it seems tonite will be a draw against CP....sigh....they must be sending in some of the lazy n useless players like Mctom, Rashford etc mix with some good ones like CR7 , Mata, Matic etc...if so, just got to see if West ham win their game or not....if the Hammers win then these useless MU players will be relegated to play in the 3rd tier conf league...tot some of the lazy players who want to stay say they r going to play well to impress ETH

If I m not wrong a few matches ago, Charlie n Paul predicted correctly tgt for a MU draw

lacoruna69
22-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Exciting night as it will be down to the wire to decide who will be the Champions.

City have the slight edge with 1 point more and a win will seal it.

Liverpool will be aiming a historic quadruple. They had won both domestic cups.

ETH mentioned he will attending the match at Selhurst Park.:D

Busy night for everyone.

Rickey
22-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Wow, finally Charlie is in with his prediction ...n it seems tonite will be a draw against CP....sigh....they must be sending in some of the lazy n useless players like Mctom, Rashford etc mix with some good ones like CR7 , Mata, Matic etc...if so, just got to see if West ham win their game or not....if the Hammers win then these useless MU players will be relegated to play in the 3rd tier conf league...tot some of the lazy players who want to stay say they r going to play well to impress ETH

If I m not wrong a few matches ago, Charlie n Paul predicted correctly tgt for a MU draw
So it seems Charlie's n Paul's prediction of a draw tonight shd cum thru' as CR7 will not be playing the last match tonight as he is injured...if he doesn't play, who else can score goals for the team ???...the only 1 I can think of is Sancho or Fred...it's either 0-0 or lose 0-2 to CP

Rickey
22-05-2022, 03:00 PM

I say 0-0
Got, got Paul...MU has the Europa league (position 6 in the table) to play for with a win ;)...but sigh looks like they won't be able to win tonight w/o CR7 or the lazy players don't even care n hv lay down their tools already

sex crusader
22-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Patrick vieira always has a thing or two with manu. So 2 nil win for cp!

Rickey
22-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Patrick vieira always has a thing or two with manu. So 2 nil win for cp!
Wa, bro sex crusader...good to see u (a pool fan) in here to predict for the 1st time :);)...hv added u in the prediction list below >>

Man U draw...(2)...Paul Merson n charlie

Man U lose....(3)...imom, Jones n bro sex crusader

It's most likely a draw or a loss for Malu United...

Rickey
23-05-2022, 12:28 AM
Wa, bro sex crusader...good to see u (a pool fan) in here to predict for the 1st time :);)...hv added u in the prediction list below >>

Man U draw...(2)...Paul Merson n charlie

Man U lose....(3)...imom, Jones n bro sex crusader

It's most likely a draw or a loss for Malu United...

Half time n they r already 1 down... goal scored by Wilfred Zaha a united old boy... Sigh

imom
23-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Oh well... rubbish end to a rubbish season. Too bad West Ham didn't do their bit.

Let the rebuild begin.

lacoruna69
24-05-2022, 12:08 PM
Oh well... rubbish end to a rubbish season. Too bad West Ham didn't do their bit.

Let the rebuild begin.

Another uninspired performance.....

Im starting to question Bruno F.....totally invisible for the last 5-6 matches.
Where is the creative spark??

Really disgraceful money bags, even with new boss watching from the stands.

Im surprised they still made it for Europa:p

sc slayer
24-05-2022, 09:35 PM
All the very best to Erik ten Hag. Hope club and fans give him their full support and patience. Infamous media is waiting for him to make mistakes. Could have remained in comfort zone at Ajax or joined some other established club but he chose to come to United. To add on, what the club is missing was Fergie's "hair-dryer treatment" and no-nonsense trait.

Tai_zi21
25-05-2022, 02:48 AM
I’m just glad the season is finally over…

Enough of seeing their rubbish play nowadays… even in front of their new manager can lose 1-0 to crystal palace?

Again like I have mention half of the squad should be fired

escobar43535
26-05-2022, 01:44 AM
Great to see the mutual respect between Klopp and SAF:cool:

https://youtu.be/SYYFA6oDXJQ

lacoruna69
27-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Great to see the mutual respect between Klopp and SAF:cool:

https://youtu.be/SYYFA6oDXJQ

Touching....SAF is a legendary icon in EPL.

It is every Man U fan dream to take a selfie with SAF with OT as the backdrop.:D

escobar43535
27-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Hated SAF when he was United's manager (sorry guys in this thread but i am still first and foremost a Reds fan lah:o:D) but have to admit that he is the greatest manager in EPL history and up there as one of the greatest managers in world club history.

Can see Jurgen has huge respect and admiration for SAF in that clip. Not only hugging, smiling and chatting endearingly but warmly steering SAF into the photo take at the end because it seems SAF does not want to upstage Klopp.

Respect to both:cool:

Pity Gareth Southgate though:rolleyes::p

Touching....SAF is a legendary icon in EPL.

It is every Man U fan dream to take a selfie with SAF with OT as the backdrop.:D

Rickey
28-05-2022, 07:09 PM

Let the rebuild begin.
Yes, it's about to begin soon with ETH at the helm :D...let's hope ETH don't get discards past 30 yo from other teams like N'golo Kante or Neves from Wolves, they r past their shelf life or hardly contribute to scoring goals for their team :(..get younger more energetic players who r hungry to score goals n win trophies like Declan Rice, Nkunku n Darwin Nunez ;)

Rickey
28-05-2022, 07:19 PM
Another uninspired performance.....

Im starting to question Bruno F.....totally invisible for the last 5-6 matches.
Where is the creative spark??

Really disgraceful money bags, even with new boss watching from the stands.

Im surprised they still made it for Europa:p
This guy has been invisible long time ago since the time he failed in his penalty against A Villa when OGS was around...stopped scoring lots of goals like he did last season :(...he seems to hv given up...Like Pogba, he seems to need good players around him to help him score...now all the players around him r useless so how can he score any more goals ?? ...he n the rest of the useless team couldn't even care or be bothered to impress the new boss ETH who was watching how they play from the stands...that's how bad they r...the worst United team ever in their history :(...all of them need to be shipped out to other teams n new young players brought in to replace them....they really made it into the Europa League by fluke, lost their last match n yet can get in, West Ham doing them the favour by losing their game as well

Rickey
28-05-2022, 07:26 PM
All the very best to Erik ten Hag. Hope club and fans give him their full support and patience. Infamous media is waiting for him to make mistakes. Could have remained in comfort zone at Ajax or joined some other established club but he chose to come to United. To add on, what the club is missing was Fergie's "hair-dryer treatment" and no-nonsense trait.
Yes, agree with u bro...he can go to other better clubs but yet chose to cum to this messy club to help them clear all the shit n start anew...a very difficult task...really hopes he can succeed to bring the club to the top 4 next season if not winning the EPL :)

Rickey
28-05-2022, 07:31 PM
I’m just glad the season is finally over…

Enough of seeing their rubbish play nowadays… even in front of their new manager can lose 1-0 to crystal palace?

Again like I have mention half of the squad should be fired
Half the squad ???...think all of them shd be fired except DDG, CR7, Fred n Sancho :(...they r just either lazy or don't care or r not good enough n don't hv the skill necessary to play winning football, shame on them calling themselves professional footballers

Rickey
30-05-2022, 10:24 PM
Half the squad ???...think all of them shd be fired except DDG, CR7, Fred n Sancho :(...they r just either lazy or don't care or r not good enough n don't hv the skill necessary to play winning football, shame on them calling themselves professional footballers
Just heard Nkuku, 1 of the top European goal scorers, says he wants to join PSG next season n Darwin Nunez another top scorer is hotly pursued by the Newcastle manager Eddie Howe ...if ETH don't act fast enough he will be left with bread crumbs or lousy players to choose from ...like that how to win the EPL or win cups or trophies or even just be in top 4 ??...if ETH n the board keep dilly dallying n taking it easy abt their recruitment for next season just like they did last season when all the good players were snatched up fast by pool n city n even Chelsea n spurs ..this season's current top 4....hope history for the red devils don't repeat itself again for the next season

lacoruna69
30-05-2022, 11:20 PM
...if ETH don't act fast enough he will be left with bread crumbs or lousy players to choose from .......hope history for the red devils don't repeat itself again for the next season

Appears ETH didn't want a holiday and wants to jump straight into action at OT.
That's good news.

Rumors he is convincing Frenkie de Jong to come to OT. But the latter is hiam Man U because no UCL.
Even CR7 could change his mind suddenly since no UCL next season.

Side story....RR wont be staying at OT for the consultant job and will concentrate on his appointment as Austria National Team manager.

Not surprising. He didn't get the recognition from the players.

Rickey
01-06-2022, 03:11 PM
Appears ETH didn't want a holiday and wants to jump straight into action at OT.
That's good news.

Rumors he is convincing Frenkie de Jong to come to OT. But the latter is hiam Man U because no UCL.
Even CR7 could change his mind suddenly since no UCL next season.

Side story....RR wont be staying at OT for the consultant job and will concentrate on his appointment as Austria National Team manager.

Not surprising. He didn't get the recognition from the players.
Yes, bro...u r right...it's good to know ETH is on the ball forgoing his holiday to start work immediately with the club :)...but so far, for all the hype abt his taking over as the new manager of the club...he hasn't even signed 1 new player yet whilst other clubs r already confident of getting their new man n preparing them to cum in to their respective clubs...even those he had worked with b4 doesn't want to join him again

the media says he wants so many good players to join the club but so far all is just hear-say only...anyway all those players he wants hv already made it clear they don't want to join MU for lack of champions' league football...as I said by the time they wake they will find all the players they want joining other clubs already n it's too late for them to find any good ones left....only the deadwoods r left on the shelf for their selection

As for RR, he shd be regarded as a failure as he could not help the team stabilize n win the remainder of the matches left which was why he was brought in for....the fault however is not totally his, as he said the blur board did not support him with a new signing for striker with Martial going out on loan n Greenwood arrested by police for raping his ex gf...

if ETH n the BODs don't act fast to get the new players they need...the next season will be no different from this one even with a great manager like ETH in-charge

lacoruna69
01-06-2022, 11:24 PM
The axe begins.....Pogba and Lingard to leave.:D

Tai_zi21
02-06-2022, 03:04 AM
Without champion league to offer to players, I doubt any big name players will come to Manchester United

Hopefully I’m am wrong this time round :o

And thank god virus Pogba is leaving us

asiancigar
02-06-2022, 05:14 PM
Without champion league to offer to players, I doubt any big name players will come to Manchester United

Hopefully I’m am wrong this time round :o

And thank god virus Pogba is leaving us

Why big names ???

I think ETH should bring in and develop the academy youngsters into future big names.... it might take 2 years or more but defintely better than bringing big names that fail and for fans to get frustrted with ETH.

Rickey
04-06-2022, 07:37 PM
They were not actually axed by the club rather they axed themselves from the club ...so far most of the big clubs hv got their men for the new season already ...Pep signed Haaland whilst Conte signed Ivan Perisic, Tuchel signed Kounde from Sevilla for Chelsea....only left Klopp n esp ETH still struggling to sign a big name player...De Jong already said he is not cumming to United n so too the other big name players they r interested in ...sigh

Rickey
04-06-2022, 11:40 PM
The axe or clearout of players now r actually of those who either don't play or hardly play for the team during matches pple like Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Matic, Martial etc...they r the ones who usually warms the bench only...they themselves want to leave voluntarily to look for 1st team football elsewhere...so clearing these players r not going to help...

it is the deadwoods, the lazy or incompetent players that they hv to clear n they r those 9 or 10 or 11 players that play for them often or regularly during matches n is the team n players who hv caused the club to downgrade to play Europa league football next season...so far these players r untouched yet n will prolly continue to play deadwood football for the club next season...these r really the ones they hv to cull....in fact, there is no clearout or axing of regular players as yet

imom
05-06-2022, 03:49 AM
Ralf Rangnick opened his account as manager of Austria with a 3-0 victory over Croatia.

Austria are ranked 37th in the world, vs Croatia's 16th. 1-0 up in first half, tweaked the formation for the second half and scored the second goal early. And it was an away game in Croatia.

As if we needed more confirmation that the problem was with the Utd players, and not the managers, tactics or formation. :rolleyes:

On the transfers front, Frenkie De Jong has flat out told a reporter, on camera, that he prefers to stay at Barca. Yet there is persistent news that talks are progressing between Utd and Barca. Wonder why they are not running far far away from a player who does not have the heart to come to Utd.

Fingers-crossed Darwin Nunez will come through.

Rickey
07-06-2022, 01:47 PM
Ralf Rangnick opened his account as manager of Austria with a 3-0 victory over Croatia.

Austria are ranked 37th in the world, vs Croatia's 16th. 1-0 up in first half, tweaked the formation for the second half and scored the second goal early. And it was an away game in Croatia.

As if we needed more confirmation that the problem was with the Utd players, and not the managers, tactics or formation. :rolleyes:

On the transfers front, Frenkie De Jong has flat out told a reporter, on camera, that he prefers to stay at Barca. Yet there is persistent news that talks are progressing between Utd and Barca. Wonder why they are not running far far away from a player who does not have the heart to come to Utd.

Fingers-crossed Darwin Nunez will come through.
Yes, it's very clear that most of these useless players were rebelling against their managers n bringing them n the club down for whatever is their reason for doing so...just couldn't be bothered to win, after all win or lose they still collect their big fat salary n the management can't touch or do anything to them...won't get the sack also...

Don't think ETH will be getting the players that he wants or target as they seem to be dilly dallying signing the players they want :(...there's a lot of talk but no action (NATO) as usual n they still want to bargain hard with the clubs owning these good players...the BODs r so stingy n does not want to back him up to splash the cash that is necessary to get them...

just heard Darwin Nunez says he prefers going to Pool than Utd n btw Klopp is now very interested to get him to replace Salah n Mane who may be leaving Pool ...n for Klopp, they r decisive n usually get the men they want fast just like how they snatch Mane away seasons ago at the last minute...anyway all their other Red Devils' targets like De Jong n Nkunku n others r not interested to come to old Trafford mainly because they don't offer European championship football all thanks to these lazy players...I strongly believe they will end up signing none of them n only pick up the leftovers or crumbs nobody wants :(...

like this, I m losing faith that ETH can improve the team to challenge for titles n cups next season w/o competent goal proven players...think he is gonna be another lame duck like OGS or RR b4 him....no wonder the super computers r predicting that Man Utd won't be in top 4 again next season...note, their prediction were correct for this season that has just ended

Tai_zi21
08-06-2022, 03:20 AM
Maybe they should go for dyabla or bale? Since both of them are free… I believe Eriksen is a good choice too…

They need a top defender to partner with varane… forget abt Maguire

And they need a work horse in the midfield someone like park or Herrera…

Forwards actually I like dyabla a lot…

Next season I just hope they can get into the top 4 position…

Next season my guess is still a tough fight btw man city and Liverpool but Liverpool need to buy someone to cover mane if he really join another club…

Spurs under conte is looking good now too… next season will be a interesting season with Dec having the World Cup to play for this time round….

imom
08-06-2022, 09:43 AM
Maybe they should go for dyabla or bale? Since both of them are free… I believe Eriksen is a good choice too…

They need a top defender to partner with varane… forget abt Maguire

And they need a work horse in the midfield someone like park or Herrera…

Forwards actually I like dyabla a lot…

Next season I just hope they can get into the top 4 position…

Next season my guess is still a tough fight btw man city and Liverpool but Liverpool need to buy someone to cover mane if he really join another club…

Spurs under conte is looking good now too… next season will be a interesting season with Dec having the World Cup to play for this time round….

Both Bale and Dybala have rejected moves to Utd in the past. Am always wary of such players. Word is Dybala has astronomical wage demands which has put Utd off anyway. Bale might be do-able if he is content to accept wages that correspond to a bit-part player, which he will be.

The Frenkie de Jong rumours persist. Wonder why they don't sign up Ruben Neves instead. Proven (somewhat) in the EPL, while de Jong is a question mark. His Ajax mate Van de Beek is a prime example. De Jong did well in the Nations League though, but then we've seen our own Pogba and Maguire play well for their countries but suck in the league.

Defence-wise, we are being linked with multiple centre-backs. Will probably sign at least one, hopefully two.

As for Spurs, seems Conte has been given a 130m warchest. Think they will do well this coming season. Kulusevski has been a brilliant signing. Son/Kane/Kulusevski is as good as any forward line in the league now. Trust Conte will spend well to shore up defence and midfield.

ilovepantyhose
09-06-2022, 01:00 PM
exodus of players has begun, a sad end to a season which began with optimism and promise

ETH to promote half the reserve squad to 1st team squad, i think the youngsters have more ambition and drive than the "established" and overpaid players

revamp the wage structure, basic salary for daily expenditures, 1st team match appearance to be determined by ETH&co during training sessions, higher bonuses to be given for goals scored, assists, clean sheets kept. this may incentivise the squad to put in more effort to play on match days, rather than coast thru and receive fat salaries regardless of results

wishful thinking? :p

imom
09-06-2022, 08:36 PM
...rather than coast thru and receive fat salaries regardless of results

Actually, many of the 'top' stars will have their pay cut by 25% for failure to qualify for UCL. Written into their contracts. Feel bad for De Gea and Ronny though, they are both among the players getting docked.

I guess their wages are still plenty fat, but imagine you got your salary cut by 25% cos your colleagues didn't perform.

Rickey
10-06-2022, 11:10 AM
just heard Darwin Nunez says he prefers going to Pool than Utd n btw Klopp is now very interested to get him to replace Salah n Mane who may be leaving Pool ...n for Klopp, they r decisive n usually get the men they want fast just like how they snatch Mane away seasons ago at the last minute...anyway all their other Red Devils' targets like De Jong n Nkunku n others r not interested to come to old Trafford mainly because they don't offer European championship football all thanks to these lazy players...I strongly believe they will end up signing none of them n only pick up the leftovers or crumbs nobody wants :(...

and indeed they r giving up or surrendering their chase of Darwin Nunez to Klopp n Pool n he will surely be their player next season....sigh..that's wat I mean they r so indecisive n dilly dallying to get the players they want ...so Nunez hv been snatched from under their noses by their bitter rivals...how to win titles n trophies like that without such proven good players

ilovepantyhose
12-06-2022, 12:45 PM
Actually, many of the 'top' stars will have their pay cut by 25% for failure to qualify for UCL. Written into their contracts. Feel bad for De Gea and Ronny though, they are both among the players getting docked.

I guess their wages are still plenty fat, but imagine you got your salary cut by 25% cos your colleagues didn't perform.

seems like majority of the 1st team squad didn't fear the prospect of wage cut last season, maybe should increase the cut to >40%, so that they wake up their idea

imom
13-06-2022, 01:29 PM
and indeed they r giving up or surrendering their chase of Darwin Nunez to Klopp n Pool...

Depending on who you believe, some journos have rubbished the 'fight' for Nunez by Utd. They claim that yes, Utd had some initial talks early but all the rumours flying after that were Benfica trying to create a bidding war. Even to the extent that Ten Hag flying out to meet Mendes/Nunez was fake news.

Might be sour grapes after losing out, but I dun think the journos or publications were pro-Utd.

Anyway, it was always a long shot, without UCL to offer. Even remaining at Benfica, he had a chance for UCL as they are in the playoffs.

PaulPogba
13-06-2022, 02:19 PM
and indeed they r giving up or surrendering their chase of Darwin Nunez to Klopp n Pool n he will surely be their player next season....sigh..that's wat I mean they r so indecisive n dilly dallying to get the players they want ...so Nunez hv been snatched from under their noses by their bitter rivals...how to win titles n trophies like that without such proven good players

Darwin Núñez’s desire to play for Jürgen Klopp meant an auction did not develop, with Manchester United having also been keen on the player

Jürgen Klopp's call to Darwin Núñez (22) telling him "I want you in #Liverpool" was fundamental to reach an agreement. The Uruguayan will fulfill his dream.

Clearly Liverpool is more desirable team for Darwin Núñez and top players wanted Champions League football.

PaulPogba
13-06-2022, 02:21 PM
Depending on who you believe, some journos have rubbished the 'fight' for Nunez by Utd. They claim that yes, Utd had some initial talks early but all the rumours flying after that were Benfica trying to create a bidding war. Even to the extent that Ten Hag flying out to meet Mendes/Nunez was fake news.

Might be sour grapes after losing out, but I dun think the journos or publications were pro-Utd.

Anyway, it was always a long shot, without UCL to offer. Even remaining at Benfica, he had a chance for UCL as they are in the playoffs.

Agreed with you here.

Rickey
13-06-2022, 03:25 PM

Darwin Núñez’s desire to play for Jürgen Klopp meant an auction did not develop, with Manchester United having also been keen on the player

Jürgen Klopp's call to Darwin Núñez (22) telling him "I want you in #Liverpool" was fundamental to reach an agreement. The Uruguayan will fulfill his dream.

Clearly Liverpool is more desirable team for Darwin Núñez and top players wanted Champions League football.
Yes, correct...like i said earlier, no good footballer in his right mind would want to cum to United simply becos they all want to play Champions League Football which Man Utd can't offer n also becos this team is a decayed n rotten team that would make them worse off if they join them in terms of skill n scoring goals including pple like De Jong, Nkunku, n other EPL good players like Raphina, Tieleman, Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling, Mane, Salah etc, etc...all of them r not interested to cum to join United :(

so u see up to now, they can't even sign any of them n ETH need to look overseas for new players to replace those who r gone...ETH also didn't bother to giv Nunez a call like Klopp did when he said he is very interested to recruit the player for the club...that's wat i mean by NATO, just talk only...like that he can only sign those left overs by Klopp n Pep n can't compete with Conte or Arteta for the other good players...n now just heard ETH is interested in Alex Ox Chamberlain who is a discarded player at Liverpool...so how to win titles n trophies with half baked players like them ??? :(

PaulPogba
13-06-2022, 05:40 PM
Yes, correct...like i said earlier, no good footballer in his right mind would want to cum to United simply becos they all want to play Champions League Football which Man Utd can't offer n also becos this team is a decayed n rotten team that would make them worse off if they join them in terms of skill n scoring goals including pple like De Jong, Nkunku, n other EPL good players like Raphina, Tieleman, Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling, Mane, Salah etc, etc...all of them r not interested to cum to join United :(

so u see up to now, they can't even sign any of them n ETH need to look overseas for new players to replace those who r gone...ETH also didn't bother to giv Nunez a call like Klopp did when he said he is very interested to recruit the player for the club...that's wat i mean by NATO, just talk only...like that he can only sign those left overs by Klopp n Pep n can't compete with Conte or Arteta for the other good players...n now just heard ETH is interested in Alex Ox Chamberlain who is a discarded player at Liverpool...so how to win titles n trophies with half baked players like them ??? :(

Any good coach will be able to utilize existing players to win.

So many good examples and no need to state.

Man Utd players are not bad and can play so why not Win?

Rickey
14-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Just heard again this morning that ETH has lost out to Bayern to capture a good midfield player from Ajax :(...that's another one down n another failure of ETH n the Board in their recruitment of new players...they r dilly dallying again wanting to negotiate down the price etc, etc whilst their rivals just swoop in from under their noses to capture their wanted man...the other clubs seems to be very sure of who they want n quickly pay for them..n so fast they are able to sign well known goal scorers like Haaland, Nunez n Ledowanski etc, etc who r already confirmed joining their clubs next season..

but this club seem to be able to recruit only those so called good players e.g. like Sancho n VDB n maybe De Jong who don't play well when they arrive at the club....so far, United hv signed none, only a great manager...that's all...sigh...like that how to win the EPL title or other trophies on offer next season with just mediocre players, neither good nor bad ???...even a super good manager cannot go down to the pitch to play himself with a group of lazy non-skilled players n expect to win...feel the lessons n the failures of the last season hv still not been learnt by those managing the club whoever they r

imom
15-06-2022, 08:54 PM
A club that has lost its shine, playing only in the UEL, is never going to attract the top players. Plus, the media and selling clubs are always using "Man Utd interested in XXX player" to drum prices up, even if Utd aren't interested.

We can only attract players from clubs not even in the UEL - at best we can sign up players with potential and hopefully develop them. Unless it's players like Frenkie de Jong, who have worked with Erik ten Hag before. Even then, it will be those who haven't exactly been on fire with their current club.

Gonna be a long and painful transfer window to watch. Dun be expecting big names.

imom
16-06-2022, 04:31 PM
The fixture list for 2022/2023 premier league is out.

Busy Oct and Apr (6 matches). Third match already hosting Pool.

August

7: Brighton (h)

13: Brentford (a)

20: Liverpool (h)

27: Southampton (a)

30: Leicester (a)

September

3: Arsenal (h)

10: Crystal Palace (a)

17: Leeds (h)

October

1: Man City (a)

8: Everton (a)

15: Newcastle (a)

19: Tottenham (h)

22: Chelsea (a)

29: West Ham (h)

November

5: Aston Villa (a)

12: Fulham (a)

December

26: Nottingham Forest (h)

31: Wolves (a)

January

2: Bournemouth (h)

14: Man City (h)

21: Arsenal (a)

February

4: Crystal Palace (h)

11: Leeds United (a)

18: Leicester City (h)

25: Brentford (h)

March

4: Liverpool (a)

11: Southampton (h)

18: Brighton (a)

April

1: Newcastle (a)

8: Everton (h)

15: Nottingham Forest (a)

22: Chelsea (h)

25: Tottenham (a)

29: Aston Villa (h)

May

6: West Ham (a)

13: Wolves (h)

20: Bournemouth (a)

28: Fulham (h)

asiancigar
17-06-2022, 07:51 AM
Seems like NOBODY wants to come to United...... and even if there was, the blood sucking Glazers are cutting back funds for transfers because they want their dividends first..... Fucking Bastards !!!

Rickey
17-06-2022, 05:37 PM
Seems like NOBODY wants to come to United...... and even if there was, the blood sucking Glazers are cutting back funds for transfers because they want their dividends first..... Fucking Bastards !!!
Just seen reports that says greedy Pep Guardiola is planning to hijack Frenkie De Jong for City from under the noses of ETH n United even though they hv already signed super players like Haaland, Alvarez n possibly Kevin Philips from Leeds...there is no doubt even now to say they or Liverpool will win the EPL title again next season ... think United would be condemned again another season with lots of such good players already snatched up by their 6 bitter rivals who already hv got the men they wanted so early....most left r crumps left for ETH to smell...

sad, looks like next season ETH will hv to go down to the field to play himself tgt with CR7 to score goals for the club ..so stingy poker this club is....how to win EPL titles n cup like this if they r not willing to pay for the good players they want leaving them to be snatched away by their bitter rivals like the case of Nunez snatched by Pool... incidentally heard Nunez don't mind going to them but they walked away from him becos of his high price...no wonder the super computer is saying they won't make it to the top 4 next season also...worry now is that they might get relegated down into the championship with lazy unskilled players from last season continuing to play for the club regardless of whether they win or lose matches simply becos they got no other players to depend on ...b4 he even started, ETH is proving he is a failure...sigh

Rickey
18-06-2022, 06:17 PM
A club that has lost its shine, playing only in the UEL, is never going to attract the top players. Plus, the media and selling clubs are always using "Man Utd interested in XXX player" to drum prices up, even if Utd aren't interested.

We can only attract players from clubs not even in the UEL - at best we can sign up players with potential and hopefully develop them. Unless it's players like Frenkie de Jong, who have worked with Erik ten Hag before. Even then, it will be those who haven't exactly been on fire with their current club.

Gonna be a long and painful transfer window to watch. Dun be expecting big names.

Attn : Guys

Just read that now another bitter rival Antonio Conte of Spurs is planning to hijack away Antony from Ajax another target of ETH n United from under their noses...in the meantime he has also already signed n taken over bissouma from Brighton another of United's target ...if ETH n the BODs don't wake up n continue to dilly dally n don't act fast enough, all their targets will be taken over by their 6 top bitter rivals in no time leaving them with NOTHING to recruit next season...another set back is likely that Chelsea's Thomas Tuchel is eyeing to take in Dumfries another of their impt target ...btw Tielesman of Leicester is now available as the Gunners r walking away from him...not sure if he is a good catch for them

Rickey
19-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Just read ETH is getting fed up for still not being able to sign Frenkie De Jong after so long :(...or for that matter any other player

imom
20-06-2022, 01:53 PM
...Just read that now another bitter rival Antonio Conte of Spurs is planning to hijack away Antony from Ajax another target of ETH n United from under their noses...in the meantime he has also already signed n taken over bissouma from Brighton another of United's target .....

Interest in Antony is perhaps believable given the ten Hag links, but Bissouma was just another name bandied about by the media as a 'possible' given Utd's defensive midfielder problems. Somehow the Utd name is the media's favourite to use, even though we are no longer the top team for some time. To our disadvantage unfortunately. Sure, some of these names might have come up at scouting meetings, but I believe many did not make the real shortlist.

Manchester Evening News is one of the biggest culprits, while the Daily Mirror loves to sensationalise everything. As does The Sun. I usually laugh at their articles. MEN can make a whole article out of a one-sentence comment by a pundit/player/manager and twist everything out of context. 90% of the article can be reporting old news, old problems while the headline is only covered in one or two sentences. Sometimes I wonder if bonuses are paid there according to how well one can twist words.

You know it's more serious when the news makes it on to ESPN, Sky Sports, or comes from Fabrizio Romano.

Richard Arnold has more or less confirmed that we are in talks for Frenkie de Jong, when he went to speak with fans at a pub. Unfortunately he also said 'the money is there', which will probably make Barca stick to their over-valuation. Which might lead us to abandon the deal.

ESPN thinks we are also 'monitoring' Tammy Abraham, and that Ronny wants to leave this summer.

Rickey
21-06-2022, 02:39 PM
Interest in Antony is perhaps believable given the ten Hag links, but Bissouma was just another name bandied about by the media as a 'possible' given Utd's defensive midfielder problems.

ESPN thinks we are also 'monitoring' Tammy Abraham, and that Ronny wants to leave this summer.
Another setback for ETH and Utd...now Jurrien Timber of Ajax, his former team has decided not to cum to MU as he wants to fight for a place in the Dutch national team under LVG ...1 more target down...so far not even 1 new player signed...pity ETH

sc slayer
21-06-2022, 08:54 PM
Another setback for ETH and Utd...now Julien timber of Ajax, his former team has decided not to cum to MU as he wants to fight for a place in the Dutch national team under LVG ...1 more target down...so far not even 1 new player signed...pity ETH
Besides Timber, who knows..maybe LVG also influenced Dutch players like de Jong, Malacia, Dumfries etc.. not to cum to Utd.:confused:

imom
21-06-2022, 10:48 PM
Another setback for ETH and Utd...now Julien timber of Ajax, his former team has decided not to cum to MU as he wants to fight for a place in the Dutch national team under LVG ...

Besides Timber, who knows..maybe LVG also influenced Dutch players like de Jong, Malacia, Dumfries etc.. not to cum to Utd.:confused:

To be fair, what LVG said was if a player is not playing every week at his club, it will be difficult to make it into the national team at the world cup. Which is a fair thing to say.

If the likes of Jurrien Timber is not confident of making it into the first 11 weekly, with his former coach at the helm, perhaps we do not need someone with his mentality. Or any of the other players who have this same mentality.

Rickey
23-06-2022, 10:53 AM
To be fair, what LVG said was if a player is not playing every week at his club, it will be difficult to make it into the national team at the world cup. Which is a fair thing to say.

If the likes of Jurrien Timber is not confident of making it into the first 11 weekly, with his former coach at the helm, perhaps we do not need someone with his mentality. Or any of the other players who have this same mentality.
Wtf is wrong with ETH and the BODs :(..except for Frankie De Jong & Antony...they hv not submitted their bids or notice of interest in the players they want from other clubs...it's all just talk only, they want this player n they want that player...look at their 6 bitter rivals, they hv already signed the men they want or submitted bids for them...it's already nearly 2 weeks the transfer window has been opened n yet no player signed at all :(...really deserve to lose next season with their nonchalant take-it-easy attitude to recruitment for the new season :(

Btw there is only 1 good news for them..that is Pep is no longer interested in Frankie De Jong :)

lacoruna69
24-06-2022, 11:42 PM
What's the fascination about this Frenkie ?? I believed he is not a regular starter at Barca.
From what I read, this guy doesn't do any defending.
His style is a little bit like Pogba. Pogba can defend, but he is just lazy most of the times.

This Frenkie doesn't even hiew his ex boss....so why bother chasing him??

Seriously, this ETH looks like just another hot air balloon.:rolleyes:

asiancigar
25-06-2022, 06:33 PM
Up till now.... nothing done, no new signing at all....

JUST THOSE FUCKING BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRE GLAZERS PAYING THEMSELVES DIVIDENDS

Uinted is finished as a club..... we will end up mid table or worst next year

Rickey
25-06-2022, 10:25 PM
Up till now.... nothing done, no new signing at all....

JUST THOSE FUCKING BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRE GLAZERS PAYING THEMSELVES DIVIDENDS

Uinted is finished as a club..... we will end up mid table or worst next year
Yes, bro AC...u r right...the supercomputers r predicting they will fall to 10th or lower position next season which is even worse than tis year :(...ETH is finished even b4 he can start n the team could kick a ball...he will just be another lame duck like OGS n RR b4 him when the BODs refused to pay to buy the players they want or need n they had no choice but to depend on tis present bunch of lazy n unskilled players...with these players there is no way they can win any title or trophy...now hear say even CR7 is so worried n frustrated abt their slow recruitment that he may want to leave the club next month to move to play for Bayern Munich instead

Even just talking abt recruitment alone they r already so far behind all their 6 bitter rivals signing no one up till now whereas their rivals r already starting pre-season with their new players :(...when the new season really opens in early August n the 1st ball kicked, very likely they still won't be able to sign any of their target players n then will panic n just buy any crap players from other teams to add to the existing junk players that they want to discard but r not able to becos no one wants to buy them...then it will just be ETH n CR7 starting in the line up as their 2 only strikers to score goals for the club...

Btw Pep, Klopp, n Conte hv already signed 3 new good quality players each n Arteta signed one...heard Pep just captured Kevin Phillips from Leeds...but they don't seem to be interested in signing such established, experienced EPL players like Philips or well known good players like Nunez, Haaland etc, etc who can score or help to score a lot of goals even when they were available...but they r just looking for unknown or lesser known players who hardly score any goals for their clubs on the cheap :(...stingy pokers they r....if one is only willing to pay peanuts they will just get monkeys

imom
29-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Seems like bids for Frenkie de Jong and Tyrell Malacia have been accepted by their respective clubs.

Some 'finer points' of the deal left to be worked out with Barca but essentially the upfront fee and add-ons have been agreed. Would be good to see the deal finally done, but still wary of a player signing for the manager rather than the club.

As for Malacia, apparently Feyenoord has accepted Utd's bid and just awaiting Malacia's confirmation to proceed.

imom
01-07-2022, 01:08 PM
A bit concerned that the centre backs we are linked with, lack the physicality for the premier league.

Lisandro Martinez - 1.75m
Jurrien Timber - 1.79m

Guess they must be of Fabio Cannavaro calibre (1.76m).... And Ten Hag won the league with both of them.... :O

Imagine them playing against the beast Haaland (1.94m) and Darwin Nunez (1.87m).

But oh well, Timber is off the list. And Martinez might turn out to be a Gunner.

Rickey
03-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Seems like bids for Frenkie de Jong and Tyrell Malacia have been accepted by their respective clubs.

Some 'finer points' of the deal left to be worked out with Barca but essentially the upfront fee and add-ons have been agreed. Would be good to see the deal finally done, but still wary of a player signing for the manager rather than the club.

As for Malacia, apparently Feyenoord has accepted Utd's bid and just awaiting Malacia's confirmation to proceed.
Omg !!...wat a bombshell from CR7...at this time he is demanding to leave the club for no champion league football n slow recruitment of new players ...might lose out to other clubs on their targeted players ..up till now, no single new signings at all n they r going on pre-season tour soon

MichaelCarrick
03-07-2022, 11:26 AM
Omg !!...wat a bombshell from CR7...at this time he is demanding to leave the club for no champion league football n slow recruitment of new players ...might lose out to other clubs on their targeted players ..up till now, no single new signings at all n they r going on pre-season tour soon

Any good players will want to play top level football. So this is expected. CR7 knew new players must come to ensure the club fight for top 4.

ETH wanted certain players to play for him and will take his time to pursue.

All the clubs who struggled will have this sort of similar problems.

imom
04-07-2022, 08:49 AM
Omg !!...wat a bombshell from CR7...at this time he is demanding to leave the club for no champion league football n slow recruitment of new players ...

Dun really blame him. He hasn't got another 10 years to wait around for Utd to possibly get back to challenging. Was surprised he gave a chance for Utd to sign players before making the request, and didn't immediately look for a club playing in UCL.

MichaelCarrick
05-07-2022, 08:06 AM
Cannot understand why bother to sign an old man Christian Eriksen who collapsed during a game.

imom
05-07-2022, 09:16 AM
Cannot understand why bother to sign an old man Christian Eriksen who collapsed during a game.

Utd has been a 'retirement' club for quite a few years now. Surprised they didn't wait till he was 35.

To be fair, he did well at Brentford and no transfer fee required. Just not sure how he fits into plans - competition for Fernandes? There is also Van de Beek in that position.

Rickey
05-07-2022, 04:54 PM
Dun really blame him. He hasn't got another 10 years to wait around for Utd to possibly get back to challenging. Was surprised he gave a chance for Utd to sign players before making the request, and didn't immediately look for a club playing in UCL.
No one really blaming him CR7...yes, u r right imom...may be his way of getting the BODs n ETH to wake up from their slumber n start getting new players in to partner him in attack so he can score more goals n win the golden boot perhaps in the new season if nothing else...it's already half way thru the transfer window n still no players confirmed cumming in :(...all we hear is that they r interested in this player n that player n doing nothing else...r they waiting for the sky to drop on them ?? :confused:..their 6 big bitter rivals hv already got at least 3 new players each n they r quite exciting well known players too like Nunez n Haaland etc, etc...n they hv already more or less got the players they want...for them in red, up to now they haven even signed one n going out on pre-season tour in the next 3 days :rolleyes:

Rickey
05-07-2022, 04:56 PM
Utd has been a 'retirement' club for quite a few years now. Surprised they didn't wait till he was 35.

To be fair, he did well at Brentford and no transfer fee required. Just not sure how he fits into plans - competition for Fernandes? There is also Van de Beek in that position.
Agreed...maybe so

imom
05-07-2022, 10:32 PM
Ok, so Tyrell Malacia is officially the first signing.

https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4694495/tyrell-malacia-joins-man-united-to-become-erik-ten-hags-first-signing

Christian Eriksen has also apparently 'verbally agreed' to a 3-year deal with Utd.

But, nothing as yet in the positions we really need.

Rickey
07-07-2022, 05:38 PM

https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4694495/tyrell-malacia-joins-man-united-to-become-erik-ten-hags-first-signing

Christian Eriksen has also apparently 'verbally agreed' to a 3-year deal with Utd.

Just heard Eriksen has made a U-turn n not coming to United already...nothing in black n white yet....heard he made a promise to Spurs boss not to join another rival premiership club n has to fulfil it :(....true or not ??? :confused:....

As for CR7's sudden decision to turn around to leave is said to be becos of the idiotic BODs, n murtough dragging their feet much like the previous administration in getting their new key players in urgently to partner him in attack...they also aggrieved him by unfairly cutting his pay by 25% tgt with the rest of the useless players who contributed little to no goals besides fernandes...he scored 24 goals the highest of them all so I agree he shd not suffer the pay cut like the rest of them

Rickey
08-07-2022, 05:45 AM

and latest heard is that they may hv their impt targets like FDJ, Erikssen etc snatched away from under their noses as they continue to procrastinate n hentak kaki signing up such players, the former by arch rival Chelski n the latter by the player himself as he makes a U-turn on his decision to join the club just a few days ago...sigh ...so it looks like besides Malacia they won't be able to get the others whom they say they covet very much all being NATO...whatever is wrong with ETH n this sickening BODs...can't even be bothered to go all out to get the players they want or target waiting for the sky to fall on them

imom
08-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Our current squad can't even match Ajax :rolleyes::D

Look at the difference in speed and intensity doing the same drill under Ten Hag.

"With your right foot! With your right foot!"
"Too many mistakes!!!"

https://www.givemesport.com/88030594-man-utd-players-struggle-with-same-training-drill-erik-ten-hag-mastered-at-ajax

Rickey
11-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Michael, u r lucky if he wants to cum to MU :)...the Brentford manager is desperately asking him to stay there with them for the next season...he is anytime better :) than any of those deadwoods who played in midfield n the frontline during the last season n brought the club to shame...:(

on a side note...think the deal for FDG is more or less dead n buried, he giving 10 good reasons why he wants to stay at Barca n not cum to the club n yet for another desperately sought after target, the BODs r still taking it easy, so stingy still stubbornly refusing to pay the price asked by Ajax for Martinez which is just a bit more than their bid price...penny wise pound foolish...wait the Gooners snatch him from under their noses then they know n by that time they will panic n just anyhow pay any price to get any half bake player they can get from other clubs to cum join them to make up the missing number of players :(...one that hardly scores goals or provide assists

imom
11-07-2022, 05:34 PM
on a side note...think the deal for FDG is more or less dead n buried, he giving 10 good reasons why he wants to stay at Barca n not cum to the club ...

That 10-reasons 'report' from is some Spanish gossip paper/outlet. Some of the reasons are laughable at best, which don't sound like something a player will say, especially on the record.

But I'm guessing there is real hesitation on De Jong's part. Which led to that rubbish report giving '10 reasons' that they probably speculated up themselves. Utd should just move on if there is any hesitation or a need to persuade any player to come.

Rickey
11-07-2022, 10:15 PM
That 10-reasons 'report' from is some Spanish gossip paper/outlet. Some of the reasons are laughable at best, which don't sound like something a player will say, especially on the record.

But I'm guessing there is real hesitation on De Jong's part. Which led to that rubbish report giving '10 reasons' that they probably speculated up themselves. Utd should just move on if there is any hesitation or a need to persuade any player to come.

If i m not wrong i think ETH is finished even b4 he leads his 1st game against bitter arch rivals Pool in Bangkok tomorrow in a pre-season friendly by fielding the same deadwood team that ended the last season in defeat....not totally his fault as the stingy BODs did not get for him the players he wanted...

but he is also killing himself by continuing to make Mcdisaster the Capt again for the new season...they will surely be roasted n BBQ-ed by Pool with so many superior players in Nunez, Luis daiz, Mo Salah, just to name a few ...no wonder the super computers are leaving them out of the top 4 again in the next season...i really give up on this rudderless club

PaulMerson
12-07-2022, 08:52 AM
Manchester United are in disarray and it's the toughest job of Erik ten Hag's life, says Paul Merson

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12641238/manchester-united-are-in-disarray-and-its-the-toughest-job-of-erik-ten-hags-life-says-paul-merson

PaulMerson
12-07-2022, 08:55 AM
Paul Merson is tipping Manchester United to miss out on a top-four finish once again next season.

https://www.thesportreview.com/2022/07/man-united-news-paul-merson-prediction-finish-next-season/

imom
12-07-2022, 09:10 AM
If i m not wrong i think ETH is finished even b4 he leads his 1st game against bitter arch rivals Pool in Bangkok tomorrow...

Pre-season is as the name suggests, for players to get back into fitness and/or try out new ideas/players. Also, to generate revenue. I never read too much into it. Even Sir Alex had catastrophic losses in pre-season on occasion. And there is a new manager, new training regime to adapt to.

From the bits and pieces that are trickling out about training and how strict, detailed and demanding Ten Hag is, I think he can get much more out of the current players. They were probably operating at between 50-70% of their potential, save for De Gea and Ronaldo.

I will reserve my judgement till about 10 matches into the league season.

That said, Ten Hag has said midfield definitely requires reinforcements. Unfortunately, like I mentioned in an earlier post, it will never be quick or easy for Utd. No UCL, the Utd premium on price tags, organisational changes. All equal to pain and suffering for the waiting fans.

Oh well, let's see the gulf between Utd and Pool tonight.

escobar43535
12-07-2022, 08:08 PM
Think you are right bro.

Actually if United are able to get de Jong and Martinez in, then your squad should be pretty good. de Jong shall probably bring out the best in Donny and this MF would definitely be stronger than your present one. Also Eriksen should also be another good stable addition. Martinez moves forward as a CB so that would be another positive as well.

Big question still remains over CR7 though.

As for tonight's game, like you said it is a friendly so no big deal either way. More so since it is both sides first game plus in the tropics. Just hope no injuries.

Pre-season is as the name suggests, for players to get back into fitness and/or try out new ideas/players. Also, to generate revenue. I never read too much into it. Even Sir Alex had catastrophic losses in pre-season on occasion. And there is a new manager, new training regime to adapt to.

From the bits and pieces that are trickling out about training and how strict, detailed and demanding Ten Hag is, I think he can get much more out of the current players. They were probably operating at between 50-70% of their potential, save for De Gea and Ronaldo.

That said, Ten Hag has said midfield definitely requires reinforcements. Unfortunately, like I mentioned in an earlier post, it will never be quick or easy for Utd. No UCL, the Utd premium on price tags, organisational changes. All equal to pain and suffering for the waiting fans.

sc slayer
12-07-2022, 09:52 PM
Pre-season match:
First half. Man Utd 3:0 Liverpool.
Scorers --> Sancho, Fred, Martial

sc slayer
12-07-2022, 10:56 PM
Pre-season match:
First half. Man Utd 3:0 Liverpool.
Scorers --> Sancho, Fred, Martial
Full-time. Man Utd 4:0 Liverpool.
Scorers --> Sancho, Fred, Martial, Pellestri.

imom
12-07-2022, 11:18 PM
The Erik ten Hag era has started off with a 'trophy' then.

Klopp sent out half a youth team and half a B team to start, and Utd's (almost) first team took full advantage of their mistakes. Sancho opened the scoring, but I think the boss wouldn't have been too impressed with his constant backwards passing when he could have taken players on. Martial looks rejuvenated, with confidence to bomb forward and take on opponents. Some of ten Hag's drills must have taken, evident from the crisp and more intuitive passing. Also winning back the ball when not in possession.

Nice dink from Fred for the second and great solo effort from Martial for the third.

Second half started off somewhat a B vs B teams affair, but Klopp finally sent on his (almost) first team for the final 30 mins. I was thinking here comes the fightback... but surprisingly they defended resolutely - Bailly a warrior as usual - and even managed a fourth counter-attack goal via Pellistri.

Won't read too much into this result though. The damage was all done by the first team against a youth + B team. Klopp obviously didn't take this match too seriously. They also hit the woodwork three times which might all have gone in on another day.

p.s. Just watched the trophy presentation - didn't realise Martial won man-of-the-match :D

lacoruna69
14-07-2022, 12:08 PM
Just an exhibition match to do some marketing for their new jersey.

But still pleasantly surprised with the 4-0 win. Obviously, ETH wanted the lads to show the fans what they had been taught on the training ground.

Okay, at least ETH started off with a "trophy".:D

Rickey
15-07-2022, 10:49 PM

The Erik ten Hag era has started off with a 'trophy' then.

Won't read too much into this result though. The damage was all done by the first team against a youth + B team. Klopp obviously didn't take this match too seriously. They also hit the woodwork three times which might all have gone in on another day.

p.s. Just watched the trophy presentation - didn't realise Martial won man-of-the-match :D
Quite impressed with ETH...looks like i hv to take back my words for now at least...for the 2 games his Red Devils hv played so far against Pool (4-0) n Melbourne Victory (tonight, 4-1), they hv won comfortably scoring 4 goals each with last season's condemned players like Martial, Rashford, Sancho all scoring :)...seems like ETH has worked wonders with this bunch of previously useless guys...the way they play now is so different from the later part of last season under OGS n RR, pressing n trying to attack their opposition as much they can....resembles more of the earlier part of last season under OGS when they won majority of the matches n can cum back when behind :)...it goes to show these players can actually play n hv the skills to win matches if they want to n had down tooled being angry with their manager for their own personal reasons...this can be considered as treason to the club or holding the club ransom for their grouses n dissatisfaction with the club management

the group of new young players like zidane iqbal, Tarith chong, laird etc, etc that ETH put n set free on the field to try them out were v. impressive :)...the way they play put their seniors to shame...they fight for every ball n run fast all over the pitch trying their best to score goals, goals, goals more daringly n sometimes with trickery ;):)...if they continue playing like this when the real season starts, then there is a chance they might make it to top 4....but still tough, not easy cos City, Pool, Chelsea n Spurs will surely be in the top 4 next season esp when all of them got so many new well known superior players to help them score as many goals as they can...but they might hv a chance to win one of the cups on offer i.e. the FA Cup or the League Cup or even the Europa Cup n hopefully qualify for the Champions' League via that route

lacoruna69
16-07-2022, 03:52 PM
ETH have 3 signings so far....
Tyrell Malacia (LB)
Lisandro Martinez (CB)
Christian Eriksen (CM)

Pretty excited as to what Eriksen can bring to the team.

Pretty impressive by the youth players too...good to see ETH are getting them to play on the field and give the seniors a run for the money.

But it is still early days and the 2 matches are basically exhibition matches.

The real test will be the EPL.

P.S. I watched the Melbourne V match and dismayed to see the first goal being conceded...and guess who.....famous #5....so slow....:(

MichaelCarrick
16-07-2022, 04:06 PM
Quite impressed with ETH...looks like i hv to take back my words for now at least...route

Our former captain turned pundit didn't think MU will challenge for the top 2 spots in PL this season.

https://talksport.com/football/1150248/roy-keane-premier-league-title-predictions-2022-2023-man-united-liverpool-man-city/

Rickey
16-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Our former captain turned pundit didn't think MU will challenge for the top 2 spots in PL this season.

https://talksport.com/football/1150248/roy-keane-premier-league-title-predictions-2022-2023-man-united-liverpool-man-city/
I agree with him...1st 2 positions r v hard, they belong to Pool n City...for 3rd/4th position, may hv a little chance i.e. if Spurs or Chelsea hv a slip up...but v hard with excellent managers like Pep, Klopp, Conte n Tuchel managing them...which other team can beat any of the 4 of them ??...likely only MU, Arsenal, West Ham or Leicester i.e. if their lucky stars r shining on them

United shd hv got Conte when they sacked OGS...he was available n waiting to take over but knuckleheads in the BODs were scared to employ him for fear he will turn the Red Devils' DNA upside down n bully the players like wat he is doing now to his Spurs team...Harry Kane n Son, their 2 famous players couldn't stand up properly after his exhaustive training sessions...that's how hard he pushes his players to ensure they play excellent football...but his n their rewards will be a place in the 1st 4 of the table, like last season...who knows, he might even beat Klopp or Pep to the League title n become League Champions in the new season...never discount or disregard Conte...this man can be a beast of a manager. :D.. every league he goes, he makes his team champions

Rickey
16-07-2022, 04:39 PM
Tyrell Malacia (LB)
Lisandro Martinez (CB)
Christian Eriksen (CM)

P.S. I watched the Melbourne V match and dismayed to see the first goal being conceded...and guess who.....famous #5....so slow....:(
Yes, u r right lacoruna, the real test is when the season proper starts in August...but this is a good glimpse of their state of fitness whether how well they can play for the new season...

I watched the Leeds match against the Brisbane Roars, the team full of their star studded regulars were struggling to win the play against this unknown team in Brisbane Australia...they could match Leeds 1 for 1 n were threatening to score more goals after having scored 1...Leeds were lucky to win the match 2-1 in the end...they could well hv ended in a 2 all draw if there was more extra time...in defence they were struggling to prevent goals from going in after having conceded 1....

As for the Man U vs Melbourne Victory last night, yes u r right...playing with him there at the backline will always be at least 1 goal scored against them...he is really slow n can't run fast to challenge speedy opposition attackers...hence they conceded the goal...not sure why ETH is still so blind that he keeps on playing him like OGS n RR b4 him n continuing him as the Capt....he will be shooting himself in the foot n killing himself if he continues to play him n make him the Capt of the team...most of last season's deadwoods r playing better now except this guy e.g. Martial who hv scored 2 goals so far...maybe not his fault as that is the best he can do...think when ETH gets more good defenders like Martinez etc, etc coming in to play, he will bench or sack him or sell him to other teams ???

imom
16-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Tyrell Malacia (LB)
Lisandro Martinez (CB)
Christian Eriksen (CM)

Pretty excited as to what Eriksen can bring to the team.

Pretty impressive by the youth players too...good to see ETH are getting them to play on the field and give the seniors a run for the money.

Martinez can play defensive midfielder too, apparently.

And from the last two matches, seems like Eric Bailly can too. Bombing forward to set up attacks from defence, picking out a peach of a pass to Rashford for the 3rd goal against Melbourne...

And yes, the youth players have impressed. Waiting to see this rejuvenated and refreshed team kick off the EPL.

lacoruna69
19-07-2022, 10:16 PM
Another victory....this time against Palace. The same trio of scorers!!

Poor Cpt Magoo kenna booed when his name was read out and every time he touched the ball...:D

imom
20-07-2022, 11:04 AM
...We should try to sign Boro (on loan to Forest) right-back Djed Spence this window man. Rock against Martinelli, strong bombing runs forward. Looks quite an upgrade to AWB and/or Dalot...

A bit surprised no premier league club moved for Djed Spence....

Oh well, Spurs have just snapped him up for what appears to be a bargain 12.5M (+7.5M in performance add-ons).

To be fair, Dalot has been linking up well with Sancho on the right flank, so maybe the right-back position isn't a priority for Ten Hag.

lacoruna69
21-07-2022, 02:23 PM
Bruno Fernandes embraces strict Manchester United approach under Erik ten Hag

Bruno Fernandes has welcomed Erik ten Hag's strict regime at Manchester United and said discipline within the squad has been missing "for a while."

Ten Hag has introduced a series of rules following his appointment at Old Trafford, including demands that players are punctual for training sessions, meetings and team meals.

According to Fernandes, Ten Hag's hard-line stance has gone down well with the players and hinted that rule breakers have been allowed to go unpunished for too long.

"I think we missed that for a while, and I think, for me, the way I see discipline is important," Fernandes said.

"For me, discipline is not only the way you play on the pitch, the position that you have, what you have to do, it's also off the pitch -- don't be late for the meetings, don't be late for the meals.

"I think that's really important because if everyone is on time and someone comes late, he should be punished and I think that's really good that he's doing that and for me amazing, because I like to be on time, so I won't have problems with that."

(excerpt from ESPN Soccernet)

Bootlicker or not.....the lack of discipline aspect had been confirmed as many of us had speculated.
Million dollar stars they might be, but no player should be bigger than the club.

imom
22-07-2022, 09:00 AM
Bruno Fernandes embraces strict Manchester United approach under Erik ten Hag

(excerpt from ESPN Soccernet)

Bootlicker or not.....the lack of discipline aspect had been confirmed as many of us had speculated.
Million dollar stars they might be, but no player should be bigger than the club.

Just hope every player can embrace it and the board will back ten Hag in shipping out snowflakes who dare rebel.

Rickey
22-07-2022, 01:46 PM
Just hope every player can embrace it and the board will back ten Hag in shipping out snowflakes who dare rebel.
Wat will he do to those who purposely down tools like last season when they caused OGS n RR to be sacked ???...not interested to kick the ball properly when on the pitch ???

Rickey
23-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Wat will he do to those who purposely down tools like last season when they caused OGS n RR to be sacked ???...not interested to kick the ball properly when on the pitch ???
Played v. well in the 1st half in the pre-season friendly match against A. Villa in Perth WA when their passing were v. accurate n even when those few times they lost the ball they recovered it v. quickly thus helped them to score the 2 goals against Villa..:)...but the end result again shows that they can only play well up to the 1st half only n then tire out just like last year, not much of a difference

once Villa introduced their substitute Leon Bailey, in the 2nd half, the whole game changed against them v. fast...they were constantly troubled by this guy who can run very fast towards goal n score...sigh, United don't hv such a player that can change the game for them n can run powerfully from midfield to hit goal...n he was the one who scored their 1st goal...then on Utd started to pass the ball inaccurately to each other causing the ball to be intercepted by the opposition easily :(...n from then on they were robbed of the ball quite often too...Fred was the biggest culprit, he was robbed of the ball a few times by the opposition :(...his losing of the ball gave Villa their 1st goal :(

n the worst thing is that they even conceded a last minute goal all becos of DDG who didn't position himself properly during the corner kick or come out more to either punch away the ball or collect it...in fact, he lost catch of the ball n let the ball fly past him to the opposition player who thanked him n just kicked it in....during the whole match he looked very nervous n unsure of himself whenever Villa attacked ...i think they need to look for a better GK than him to get to top 4....

on the whole, i would say it was a poor showing by ETH esp in the 2nd half...if not for time up, Villa could hv won the match instead of settling for a 2 all draw...if this is the way they r going to play for the whole of the next season, they might not even get into top 6 prolly slip to mid table or lower as most of the other teams hv strengthen considerably but not them...sigh

P/s..of course, this is discounting their 2 new signings, Erikssen n Martinez who hv not played yet...note Nunez, Pool's new prolific striker scored 4 goals all by himself in their friendly match...this is the type of striker we shd get...n we shd hv got him when he was available b4 Pool dived in from under their noses to capture him into their team...another United failing...sigh...when will they ever learn from past mistakes

imom
25-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Played v. well in the 1st half in the pre-season friendly match against A. Villa in Perth WA when their passing were v. accurate n even when those few times they lost the ball they recovered it v. quickly thus helped them to score the 2 goals against Villa..:)...but the end result again shows that they can only play well up to the 1st half only n then tire out just like last year, not much of a difference ...

This match against Villa was the first proper test... up to about 60 minutes. The B team has never been good at defending set pieces and I already had a bad feeling when they conceded the corner. DDG is a fantastic shot-stopper but his positional sense has always been suspect, as is his ability to collect/clear corners. None of our B team can be properly commanding in the air - dare I say we missed Maguire for that last corner. :D

Anyway, while the result stings a little, still won't read too much into this result. First team played only 60mins, plus playing in a hurricane, the pitch was all chopped up by half time. Many potentially good situations to break and potentially extend the lead were muffed up by the roll of the ball. Or rather lack thereof. Only thing to read from that is that they need a silky pitch to play the passing game of ten Hag. Perhaps Villa will deliberately chop up their pitch when we visit...

Waiting to see if ten Hag will play the first team a full 90 minutes vs Atletico next. If so, that will then be a proper full test.

Rickey
30-07-2022, 10:07 AM
This match against Villa was the first proper test... up to about 60 minutes. The B team has never been good at defending set pieces and I already had a bad feeling when they conceded the corner. DDG is a fantastic shot-stopper but his positional sense has always been suspect, as is his ability to collect/clear corners. None of our B team can be properly commanding in the air - dare I say we missed Maguire for that last corner. :D

Waiting to see if ten Hag will play the first team a full 90 minutes vs Atletico next. If so, that will then be a proper full test.
A or B team they hv never been good at defending set-pieces or from corners if last season's statistics r anything to go by...besides the Capitan, this nervy goalie DDG is responsible for the many goals that went into his net as he is unable to command his goalmouth well collecting or punching out corner balls, his worst weakness :(...as i said he shd be replaced by a better GK...think for tonight's match against A. Madrid, ETH will hv to play his 1st team for the full match as it is against a goliath of the La Liga :eek:

On the side note, the rebel is saying he wants to play against Rayo Vallecano tomorrow night...it seems he was watching the match against Wrexham 2 days ago in which new boy Erikssen scored a goal...it's better he leaves asap as that is wat he wants n they get a new striker who can score as many goals to replace him instead of being around destabilizing the team

Rickey
31-07-2022, 12:38 AM
A or B team they hv never been good at defending set-pieces or from corners if last season's statistics r anything to go by...besides the Capitan, this nervy goalie DDG is responsible for the many goals that went into his net as he is unable to command his goalmouth well collecting or punching out corner balls, his worst weakness :(...as i said he shd be replaced by a better GK...think for tonight's match against A. Madrid, ETH will hv to play his 1st team for the full match as it is against a goliath of the La Liga :eek:

The match tonight ended in a 1-0 loss to Atlantico Madrid scored by their striker Joan Felix nearly the end of the game :(...a striker linked to them b4... didnt watch the live match so not sure who was responsible to let the ball into the net

Though there were improvement in every player on the pitch tonight under ETH, they are still basically the same group of useless players who lost games after games last season n lack skills to score goals, except for the 2 new boys Erikssen n Malacia who did very well...but they r still in need badly of prolific strikers like Nunez of Pool n Haaland of City who can score goals easily....it's ETH 1st taste of defeat in the friendlies ..by watching their performance tonight, they r still a long way to win games against teams in the Premier League like Aston Villa or teams in other Leagues like A Madrid tonight...all their wins so far in the friendlies are against weak or small unknown teams ..they couldn't beat established PL teams like Villa n LL teams like Madrid....provided they sign well known strikers like Kane n the 2 mentioned abv in the next few days when the transfer window close, they r going to prove the super computers prediction correct that they won't make it to top 5 in the new season..yes, their defence hv improved quite a lot but their midfield n up front are still weak n they won't be able to score goals against any mid table teams easily .

lacoruna69
31-07-2022, 02:41 PM
The match tonight ended in a 1-0 loss to Atlantico Madrid scored by their striker Joan Felix nearly the end of the game :(...a striker linked to them b4... didnt watch the live match so not sure who was responsible to let the ball into the net

Wah liu....I know you very agitated after Man U loss....
But it is Atlético Madrid and João Félix. :p

Want to watch the match but apparently it was only available on MUTV.:(

From post match reports, the Madrid players were clearly in a more aggressive stance. A tough match comparing to the previous friendlies.

Next week, the EPL starts and we shall see some real action.

imom
01-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Wah liu....I know you very agitated after Man U loss....
But it is Atlético Madrid and João Félix. :p

Want to watch the match but apparently it was only available on MUTV.:(

From post match reports, the Madrid players were clearly in a more aggressive stance. A tough match comparing to the previous friendlies.

Yeah Atletico was the only proper test of the pre-season. As usual Simeone decided to get a result rather than play football, and unfortunately our forward line spurned quite a few chances and we got caught out near the end. We lost the ball up the pitch and Dalot showed Felix way too much space for that goal. Ten Hag must be seething at how they lost the ball.

Oh well, hope they learned. On the plus side, Eriksen and Malacia were looking good.

Vallecano last night were surprisingly tight and crisp. Again it was Telles being in two minds about who to press, that allowed them to pass it in for their equaliser. He's had many a chance pre-season but never convinced. Guess he's way down the pecking order now, especially with Malacia doing well. Garnacho was quite the spark. Youngsters didn't look out of place, suspect ten Hag will be giving some of them chances this season.

Ther gaffer should now have a pretty good idea of his first team now.

Looking forward to the season opener.

ilovepantyhose
01-08-2022, 09:29 PM

Next week, the EPL starts and we shall see some real action.

Oh well, hope they learned. On the plus side, Eriksen and Malacia were looking good.

it was a decent pre-season overall, ETH implementing his ideas n style, the team pressing higher up with more intensity, created more chances with crisp incisive passing. weaknesses still remain with defending at set pieces and opponents directly running the ball against the defence

positives:
- eriksen might be scholes v2.0, his composure, vision and passing will benefit the team, but i dun think ETH will start him every match, most probably rotate with fernandes or sub on when fernandes is ineffective
- dalot and malacia add width and pace down the flanks, although ETH will have to improve their defending
- rejuvenated players like rashford, martial, VDB, i believe they will perform better after last season and with a clean slate
- squad depth is good, and a nice mix of youth, prime and experience
- academy players look promising, they will benefit from loan moves, alejandro garnacho may be the breakout youngster if ETH uses him as an impact sub

negatives(?):
- ETH employs high pressing with high backline and decided that maguire remains as capt. i still feel that maguire is too slow against speedy or counterattacking opponents (like last season where the defence was dismantled at will)
- is it crazy to deem AWB, telles and CR7 surplus and sell them before the window closes? :p if ETH rates dalot>AWB, then AWB is an expensive substitute, or just sell him and throw laird into the deep end as backup to dalot. telles is now behind malacia and shaw, and he is 29 liao, so time to move on. no doubt CR7 is proven goal-scorer, can he fit into ETH game plan? he might start against weaker opponents or becomes another expensive substitute who gets thrown on as a plan B targetman (and is his heart and mind still with the club?)

ETH probable first XI:
GK - DDG
DR - dalot
DC - maguire
DC - martinez
DL - malacia
MC - mctominay
MC - VDB
MC/AMC - fernandes
AMR - sancho
AML - rashford
SC - martial

new season, new hope: either a top-4 finish or win the UEL to gain ticket into UCL, this season is likely to be a 2-horse race between city and pool again; deep runs if possible for domestic cups (rotate squad players and blood youngsters)

imom
02-08-2022, 10:49 AM
...new season, new hope: either a top-4 finish or win the UEL to gain ticket into UCL, this season is likely to be a 2-horse race between city and pool again; deep runs if possible for domestic cups (rotate squad players and blood youngsters)

Will be an interesting season - luck of the draw to see which club suffers the most post-world cup, with injuries and fatigue. Stupid idea to have a world cup in the middle of domestic seasons. Guess some FIFA guys have oil money in their pockets.

JonesKnows
05-08-2022, 06:03 AM
Manchester United vs Brighton

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12665395/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-sees-arsenal-taking-nothing-as-crystal-palace-take-it-all-on-friday-night-football

imom
05-08-2022, 08:33 AM
Martial has a hamstring problem and is a major doubt. The defence still doesn't look sorted, when playing against proper opposition. Perhaps ten Hag will play Martinez in front of Maguire/Varane. More cohesive as a team now, but as ten Hag says, plenty of room for improvement. Hoping they just edge out the seagulls.

Man Utd 2 : 1 Brighton

lawro
05-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Man Utd v Brighton x-x 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62317849

PaulMerson
06-08-2022, 05:26 AM

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12665395/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-sees-arsenal-taking-nothing-as-crystal-palace-take-it-all-on-friday-night-football

This is MU game to win.

I say 1-0

Rickey
06-08-2022, 08:53 AM
More cohesive as a team now, but as ten Hag says, plenty of room for improvement. Hoping they just edge out the seagulls.

Man Utd 2 : 1 Brighton

This is MU game to win.

I say 1-0

So far the predictions for tomorrow night's 1st match of the new season against Brighton are >>>

2 for a win (imom 2-1 & Paul 1-0)

and another 2 for a draw from Lawro n Jones (both 1-1)

Still waiting for Charlie n bro AC's predictions

I go for a narrow win if they play the way they did during the 1st 3 games of pre-season scoring avg of 4 goals per match....but then those were against small unknown teams in Australia n a weak Crystal palace team....against good PL n LL teams like Aston Villa they were unable to win n lost against A Madrid even

charlienicholas
06-08-2022, 09:50 AM

Tai_zi21
07-08-2022, 02:45 AM
First game new manager I’m going all out on this

3-0 to Manchester United

Rickey
07-08-2022, 06:57 AM
So far the predictions for tomorrow night's 1st match of the new season against Brighton are >>>

2 for a win (imom 2-1 & Paul 1-0)

and another 2 for a draw from Lawro n Jones (both 1-1)

Still waiting for Charlie n bro AC's predictions

First game new manager I’m going all out on this

3-0 to Manchester United
Another 2 just came in with their predictions ...bro Tai_zi21 n Charlie with predictions for a win..this makes it to 4 for a win n 2 for a draw...by majority vote they shd win tonight...

but just like pool last night they could draw or maybe even lose as morale of ETH and the team is diving down because of a few bad news....

players indiscipline leaving matches early n CR7 wanting to leave n agitating to play tonight against Brighton maybe distracting ETH and the other players n also they have NOT recruited a good midfielder n striker so far to replace CR7 or supplement him n Martial who is out with injury n they also seem like losing Frenkie DJ to chelsea as well after fighting n waiting for him for nearly 3 mths n it is looking more n more similar to the case like pool snatching Nunez from under their noses refusing to pay just because his price is too high...n at the last min, panic n just grab any 2nd rated player at a high price... the same old mistakes of previous seasons ...they never learn from past mistakes

again ETH n the BODs (scare to spend n pay for good players like Nunez) r useless in their recruitment so far failing to get the good n impt players that he wants n needs e.g Antony of Ajax n sesko...all these r not good signs of a winning team...no wonder majority of punters n the super computer r predicting they will not be in top 4 or 5 even unless ETH n the BODs wake up from their slumber quick enough to get a good striker n midfielder in b4 transfer window closes which is very soon spending the whole long summer just fixing their defence n the back 4 only

sc slayer
07-08-2022, 08:48 PM
Score prediction...Utd to win 3-1;)

Tai_zi21
07-08-2022, 09:35 PM
Hoping to be 1-1 at half time…

But yes it making me vomit blood watching them play…. Their defence as usual was crappy with Maguire…

Attack? Only 1 quick counter attack… if this was man city I’m
Sure the scoreline would be 2-0 or 3-0 now

imom
07-08-2022, 10:44 PM

Watching the way they were playing when they went down 0-1, straightaway switched off already.

Pre-season was a screensaver. It is still Windows Vista running underneath.

Only trophy this season will be the Bangkok Century Cup. :rolleyes:

Tai_zi21
07-08-2022, 11:02 PM
First home game new manager losing 2-1…. Though is the first game of the season…. But the way they lost the game make me utterly disappointed with how they play the game….

Painful to watch

Next game vs brentford following by Liverpool…

I’m praying for a miracle keeping my finger crossed

Rickey
08-08-2022, 12:15 AM
First home game new manager losing 2-1…. Though is the first game of the season…. But the way they lost the game make me utterly disappointed with how they play the game….

Painful to watch

Next game vs brentford following by Liverpool…

I’m praying for a miracle keeping my finger crossed
This is just only the beginning of another disastrous season for the Red Kittens, even with ETH a new "great" manager in charge...may even be worse than last year if the BODs don't help ETH to get more new quality players in ..save for the 3 new players he bot, the rest r still the same old useless players of the last season :(...

no manager however good can change a leopard's spot...if they r good, they will be good n they will show it nor matter who is the manager is ..conversely if they r bad, they won't be able to improve much even under a good manager...it's plain n simple, why r ETH n the BODs so blind n can't see such a simple fact that they need to replace all the deadwoods with better talented players immediately without any further delay players who got the quality n skills to play the ball n are hungry to play n score goals ..u can see some of them walking around the pitch rather than running after the ball :(

hv to agree with the majority of punters n the super computer predicting the team to end at position 6 again this new season...think they r being too kind n showing too much respect to ETH and the team...if the way they play tonight is representative of how they play for the rest of the season esp the way they played in the 1st half when they often miskick n lose possession of the ball easily to Brighton players, they will be relegated this time round at the end of this new season...

the only way ETH can save himself n the team from relegation is to get rid of last season's deadwoods n replace them with new attack minded players...for this of course he needs to get the BODs to give him all the money he needs to buy those quality players n for this they hv to do it fast as the transfer windows is closing soon n the better players r being snapped up very fast like hotcakes by their arch rivals because they r prepared to pay for known quality players they need nor matter how exp it costs them

lacoruna69
08-08-2022, 01:42 AM
What went wrong???

It was the old Man U last season after all.
Very scrappy play, 'generous' in giving the ball away and clueless in counter attacking. There were one or two moments of brilliance though.

Have to rely on VAR for that consolation goal.

Terrible display. :(

Rickey
08-08-2022, 03:10 AM
What went wrong???

It was the old Man U last season after all.
Very scrappy play, 'generous' in giving the ball away and clueless in counter attacking. There were one or two moments of brilliance though.

Have to rely on VAR for that consolation goal.

Terrible display. :(
It is so obvious bro lacoruna...they need to get rid of last season's deadwoods 1st (they know who they are) n replace them with quality n well known strikers n midfielders like Nunez of Pool n Haaland of City who can score goals fast n easily...wrong tactics, poor timing of substitution n substituting wrong players by the great manager also contributed to their loss..imagine bringing in 3 new young n inexperienced players like Garnacho in the last few minutes of the game n expecting them to score goals

spent one whole summer trying to fix their defence n neglecting the other 2 impt depts n yet they continue to leak goals at the back...wat a waste of money...

one or two moments of brilliance for the entire 90 mins of the game but can't put the ball in the opposition net is nothing to cheer abt..n yes how pathetic they r, need the generosity of their opposition to score an own goal for their only goal of the match..

all of them from the Board downwards to the players r not learning from the mistakes of the previous seasons n gets easily bullied n robbed of the ball by the stronger faster opposition players :(...sigh..like last season everytime they lose, the managers n players will come out with all kinds of excuses most of which r obvious that they made n repeated the same old mistakes over n over again...keep saying they must improve the next game but the same shit happens over n over again in the next games when they face even stronger opposition teams... this time even with the great Eriksens' help, they still can't even score goals by themselves hv to depend on their opposition to score for them...how pathetic is this bunch of useless players keep kicking n losing possession of the ball to their opponents on the field like B Fernandes which gives them great opportunities to run towards their goal at high speed to score goals against them :rolleyes:

imom
08-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Looking at the three months ahead, if no further reinforcements in midfield and attack arrive, I fear we make not make it out of Aug with much more than a point or two, and may possibly finish the gruelling October without hitting double digits. Will probably be at least 15 points off the top by then.

Aug

Brentford v Manchester United

Manchester United v Liverpool

Southampton v Manchester United

Sep

Leicester City v Manchester United

Manchester United v Arsenal

Crystal Palace v Manchester United

Manchester United v Leeds United

Oct

Manchester City v Manchester United

Everton v Manchester United

Manchester United v Newcastle United

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea v Manchester United

Manchester United v West Ham United

ilovepantyhose
08-08-2022, 07:26 PM

But yes it making me vomit blood watching them play…. Their defence as usual was crappy with Maguire…

Attack? Only 1 quick counter attack… if this was man city I’m
Sure the scoreline would be 2-0 or 3-0 now

Watching the way they were playing when they went down 0-1, straightaway switched off already.

Pre-season was a screensaver. It is still Windows Vista running underneath.

Only trophy this season will be the Bangkok Century Cup. :rolleyes:

haiz... new manager new philosophy new style but same old performance

a few negatives to highlight:
- error strewn match, dalot making bad passes and caught out of position, maguire had a tough time dealing with welbeck's runs, martinez was lucky not to concede a penalty, fred almost gifted a goal in the first minute, mctominay was lucky to escape a red, the defenders were often pulled out of position and they seem to be confused of who they should be marking

- fernandes, eriksen, sancho final pass/set pieces often disappointed

- rashford's tendency to drift out wide left caused a lack of focal point in the central striking position and he is still some way from sharpness, eriksen as false-9 didn't have much of an impact, rashford/sancho have pace down the flanks but they have no targetman to aim at. ETH is looking to bring in arnautovic, hope he can have an effect on the game like fulham's mitrovic (against pool)

- like last season, man u still looked uncomfortable passing their way out of the opponent's high press. playing out from deep isn't working out, i feel they need to change their playing style, DDG to kick the ball to the targetman (CR7/arnautovic) and play from there

Johnbass
08-08-2022, 07:38 PM
If McFred continues as midfield…
Next match can bet MAN Utd lose liao…
:D

lookingaround
09-08-2022, 11:07 PM

You manu fans meh? Tiagong you r Liverpool fans ler.:D

Rickey
11-08-2022, 01:06 PM
Looking at the three months ahead, if no further reinforcements in midfield and attack arrive, I fear we make not make it out of Aug with much more than a point or two, and may possibly finish the gruelling October without hitting double digits. Will probably be at least 15 points off the top by then.

Aug

Brentford v Manchester United

Manchester United v Liverpool

Agreed totally with wat u said imom...if that really happens they will be bottom of the table waiting to be relegated to the championship division

but after the horror show last Sunday night against Brighton, ETH has finally awaken up from his slumber n realise that he can't go far or depend on this bunch of useless n unskilled players n really needs to dump them urgently (as advised by his predecessor RR) n get new good skilful players esp midfielders n attackers to replace them n get his midfield n attack properly fixed up in order to score goals in the next few days b4 transfer window closes....

he really looks like in panic mode now, willing to take any 2nd rated midfielder or striker he can lay his hand on to replace Mcfred n supplement Rashford, Sancho etc in the frontline...same transfer shit happening all over again this season :(..when good prolific players like Nunez n Haaland n Sesko were available earlier on, they don't want to go n snap them up fast scare of their high price tag they hv to pay for them leaving them to their arch rivals to snatch them up happily ...stingy BODs ...

now panic, willing to close their eyes n anyhow take discarded midfielders n strikers left unwanted on the shelves by other teams who hardly score any goals or provide any assists... penny wise pound foolish...knowing wat is their problem in midfield, defence n attack since the last 10 years after SAF left, esp the last 2 years, they r still so stingy to pay for the real good skilful players on the market preferring to buy 2nd rated cheaper alternatives discarded by other teams..like that how to win titles n trophies ??...other teams like their arch rivals city n Leipzig even buy the good players they want 1 season in advance n loan them back to the selling club 1st, such as Alvarez of City n now Sesko of Leipzig...they r always so slow like tortoises n behind time in their management of the club n players :(

Rickey
11-08-2022, 01:44 PM
haiz... new manager new philosophy new style but same old performance

a few negatives to highlight:
- error strewn match, dalot making bad passes and caught out of position, maguire had a tough time dealing with welbeck's runs, martinez was lucky not to concede a penalty, fred almost gifted a goal in the first minute, mctominay was lucky to escape a red, the defenders were often pulled out of position and they seem to be confused of who they should be marking

- fernandes, eriksen, sancho final pass/set pieces often disappointed

- rashford's tendency to drift out wide left caused a lack of focal point in the central striking position and he is still some way from sharpness, eriksen as false-9 didn't have much of an impact, rashford/sancho have pace down the flanks but they have no targetman to aim at. ETH is looking to bring in arnautovic, hope he can have an effect on the game like fulham's mitrovic (against pool)

- like last season, man u still looked uncomfortable passing their way out of the opponent's high press. playing out from deep isn't working out, i feel they need to change their playing style, DDG to kick the ball to the targetman (CR7/arnautovic) and play from there
Also agree totally with bro ilovepantyhose on his analysis of the team during their 1st match of the new season against Brighton on Sunday night ..the entire old team including DDG can be dumped save 1 or 2 promising ones like Sancho n Bailly can remain

Rickey
11-08-2022, 01:48 PM
Yes, agree with bro johnnass too

lawro
12-08-2022, 04:56 AM
Brentford v Man Utd x-x 3-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62457582

JonesKnows
12-08-2022, 09:24 AM
Brentford v Man Utd

SCORE PREDICTION: 2-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12667756/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-thinks-manchester-united-will-fall-to-seventh-straight-away-league-defeat-at-brentford

PaulMerson
12-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Brentford v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12667756/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-thinks-manchester-united-will-fall-to-seventh-straight-away-league-defeat-at-brentford

Man Utd started slowly and ETH will have his hands full.

I say 1-1

imom
12-08-2022, 02:33 PM
Nothing much to say. A hope-for-the-best prediction, though head says a draw at best.

Brentford 1 : 2 Man Utd

charlienicholas
12-08-2022, 03:29 PM

Charlie prediction: 0-1

Rickey
13-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Nothing much to say. A hope-for-the-best prediction, though head says a draw at best.

Brentford 1 : 2 Man Utd

Charlie prediction: 0-1

Man Utd started slowly and ETH will have his hands full.

I say 1-1

Brentford v Man Utd

So all the predictions hv cum in ...the match is to be played tonight against Brentford

For a win >>> imom n charlie (2)

For a draw >> paul merson (1)

For a loss >>>lawro n jones (2)

In the last game against Brighton, all predicted wrongly for a win

For me, if the new manager ETH still don't wake up n learn n continue to play Mcfred again ..then sorry for him, they will definitely lose tonight again for sure as bro johnbass said...

but if he has the courage n dare to change n take out all the deadwoods like McTom n Bruno who keep on giving n losing the ball to the opposition n play instead the younger more energetic players like James Garner, Garnacho or iqbal...he has a chance to at least draw if not win

Johnbass
13-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Man Utd wearing green today?
Gg liao lor…

https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/incoming/article27723814.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/1_ronaldo-third-kit.jpg

imom
13-08-2022, 05:09 PM
...but if he has the courage n dare to change n take out all the deadwoods ...

I'm hoping he tries Martinez out as a holding midfielder in front of the two centrebacks. Perhaps swap McFred for Martinez/Eriksen.

Rickey
13-08-2022, 10:05 PM
I'm hoping he tries Martinez out as a holding midfielder in front of the two centrebacks. Perhaps swap McFred for Martinez/Eriksen.
Not sure how true it is ..just read an article in Manchester Live that ETH is so frustrated with the recruitment progress that he may walk away from the club :eek:...hope it is not true...all because of the BODs who r so stingy, do not want to pay for the good quality players he want :(

Tai_zi21
14-08-2022, 01:11 AM
4-0 and it not even half time yet

I’m done watching the game :mad:

Rickey
14-08-2022, 01:37 AM
4-0 and it not even half time yet

I’m done watching the game :mad:
That shd be the end of them this season which has only just began, ETH or not..if they continue to play the lifeless way they r playing esp tonight, they will be relegated by end of season (btw they r bottom of the table tonight) :mad:....wat a shame :o...not even Klopp or Pep can save them...no wonder they so clever siam them when they were offered the job to manage the club n this group of useless players...they know these idiotic players will throw any manager under the bus by the lazy way they play

Not only are all the other players bad but the GK is just as bad...not only can't he stop goals from going into his net but also cause them to attack him by the mistakes he makes ...kicking the ball out directly to the opposition players in front of him who gladly kick the ball back past him into his net :mad:

Heard the commentator saying that they were so bad that they did not even make a single cross to each other...easily outpaced n outmuscled by the faster, bigger size n physically stronger opposition players, they were most of the time chasing shadows rather than the ball...by end of match it could be much more than 4-0 if they don't wake up n buck up to pull at least 1 or 2 goals back ..

luckily ETH managed to stop the rout by changing a few players in the 2nd half, taking out Fred, Shaw n the new katek player he just signed (another wrong transfer decision wasting money)..the players that put in effort n made some good fight tonight were CR7, Ericksen, Malacia n maybe Mctom...the rest ought to be ashamed of themselves esp the GK DDG letting in so many goals...they ought to find a better goalie than him...time to ship him out of the club too

Johnbass
14-08-2022, 08:22 AM
Tmd wasted my time watching…
All the senior players no motivation to play at all…
All the small size players can’t win opponents…
Really no cure liao…

asiancigar
14-08-2022, 08:54 AM
United's time is over.... needs 5 years to be top 4 and another 5 to ever win EPL again. All this while the blood sucking Americans continue to take money out of the club.

When was the last time United was at the bottom of the table ?????

Rickey
14-08-2022, 09:16 AM
That shd be the end of them this season which has only just began, ETH or not..

Heard the commentator saying that they were so bad that they did not even make a single cross to each other...easily outpaced n outmuscled by the faster, bigger size n physically stronger opposition players, they were most of the time chasing shadows rather than the ball...by end of match it could be much more than 4-0 if they don't wake up n buck up to pull at least 1 or 2 goals back ..

luckily ETH managed to stop the rout by changing a few players in the 2nd half , taking out Fred, Shaw n another...the players that put in effort n made some good fight tonight were CR7, Ericksen, Malacia n maybe Mctom...the rest ought to be ashamed of themselves esp the GK DDG...they ought to find a better goalie than him...time to ship him out of the club too
Another horror show even worse than the one last week :mad:...like last week against Brighton they improved slightly when a few deadwood players were removed in the 2nd half ...

ETH is getting more n more to be like OGS n RR maybe even worse, in his selection of the starting 11 in the 1st half including the usual deadwoods in the team...they always forget how to play in the 1st half letting the opponent control them like they r small little boys... he continues to play useless players like Dalot n the capetan who got no footballing skills or awareness n having a idiotic GK who can't keep a clean sheet every match :mad:...

another idiotic thing is they keep on fooling ard their penalty area trying to play out from the back when they clearly know they r weak in thus exposing themselves to be bombarded by their opponents easily....from tonight's performance, looks like Brentford is capable of challenging the top 4 for a place up there ..they got so many strong powerful big size players...this useless team will continue to be the rock bottom relegation team in their next match next week against mighty pool...the only way now for them to win is to remove all the current ones n get another 11 new big size, fast, strong, skilful n aggressive players like those in the Brentford team

i m quite sure they will let in another 4 goals at least against pool next match with this erratic GK n this team of small sized weak boys like Fred n Martinez...the latter is too short for a defender...how on earth did ETH think he is a good defender, doesn't live up to his reputation as the butcher of Amsterdam...there seem to be a world of a difference between the English n Dutch leagues...players from there so far don't seem to cope well with the pressure of english football which is very much more aggressive n fast pace

sex crusader
14-08-2022, 10:46 AM
That shd be the end of them this season which has only just began, ETH or not..if they continue to play the lifeless way they r playing esp tonight, they will be relegated by end of season (btw they r bottom of the table tonight) :mad:...not even Klopp or Pep can save them...no wonder they so clever siam them when they were offered the job to manage the club...they know these idiotic players will throw any manager under the bus by the lazy way they play

Not only are all the other players bad but the GK is just as bad...not only can't he stop goals from going into his net but also cause them to attack him by the mistakes he makes ...kicking the ball out directly to the opposition players in front of him who gladly kick the ball back past him into his net :mad:

luckily ETH managed to stop the rout by changing a few players in the 2nd half , taking out Fred, Shaw n another...the players that put in effort n made some good fight tonight were CR7, Ericksen, Malacia n maybe Mctom...the rest ought to be ashamed of themselves esp the GK DDG...they ought to find a better goalie than him...time to ship him out of the club too
ETH wanted to change the whole starting 11.:D

sex crusader
14-08-2022, 10:48 AM
Tmd wasted my time watching…
All the senior players no motivation to play at all…
All the small size players can’t win opponents…
Really no cure liao…

You should just play with your mates in the newbie section.:D

Tai_zi21
14-08-2022, 11:13 AM
The whole team was horrible last night…. Don’t we have better defender? Those who didn’t join man utd this season must be thinking luckily I didn’t join this crap team…

For all the wow factor with our new manager coming in… he seem like another ole to me after all

Guess after SAF the best manager was JM….

Next game against Liverpool and I can’t even bring myself to think about it….

Even a draw game against pool meaning after 3 game we got 1 point?

Johnbass
14-08-2022, 02:11 PM
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/contracts/

Looking at below players going out of contract in the next 2 years, and the players remaining… Man Utd is doomed for the next 5 years.

- Frederico (who is he?)
- Axel
- Dalot
- Tahith

- DDG
- CR
- Rashford
- Shaw
- Phil Jones (he’s still around?)
- Tom Heaton
- James Garner

lacoruna69
14-08-2022, 02:32 PM
Horror show.....and lucky Brentford score all 4 in the first half so I was able to sleep earlier.

I beg to differ Man U played better in the 2nd half after ETH made 3 subs.
It was Brentford who decided to take the foot off the pedal because out of respect for a team with such rich tradition and Sir Alex.
What can go wrong defending a 4-0 lead and against a team who can't play and let alone score?

"Former Ajax boss Ten Hag becomes the first United manager in over 100 years to lose his first two matches."

"Man United boss Erik ten Hag: I wanted to substitute entire team at half-time of dismal Brentford defeat"

My message to baldy head : Put out your entire academy players for your next match.:D

imom
14-08-2022, 02:34 PM
....For all the wow factor with our new manager coming in… he seem like another ole to me after all

Rangnick said the team needed 9-10 new players and he was promptly let go.

And now we know how well Solskjaer did bringing this bunch to 2nd, beating Pep a fair few times along the way.

....Even a draw game against pool meaning after 3 game we got 1 point?

Looking at the three months ahead, if no further reinforcements in midfield and attack arrive, I fear we make not make it out of Aug with much more than a point or two, and may possibly finish the gruelling October without hitting double digits.....

I was too optimistic. We might not even make it out of Aug with a single point.

Might as well get the prediction out of the way:

Man Utd 0 : 8 Liverpool

Then we would have scored ZERO goals after 3 games. Brighton gifted us one in the goals-for stats. Must be some kind of record.

lacoruna69
14-08-2022, 02:38 PM
On a lighter note....
I managed a triple strike on SG Pools
- Team to score first - Brentford
- Team to score 3rd goal - Brentford
- Team to score 4th goal - Brentford

In fact last week, I bet on BHA to score first...and they did!:D

lacoruna69
14-08-2022, 02:43 PM

And now we know how well Solskjaer did bringing this bunch to 2nd, beating Pep a fair few times along the way.

And we nicknamed him "infant manager" :o

I guess he was laughing on his cosy sofa eating pop corns while enjoying the match!:p

Johnbass
14-08-2022, 02:58 PM
On a lighter note....

I forgot to buy…
What was the odds for this?
Team to score first - Brentford

lacoruna69
14-08-2022, 03:06 PM
I forgot to buy…
What was the odds for this?
Team to score first - Brentford

2.45:D
Lower because they are playing at home.

Rickey
14-08-2022, 05:22 PM
ETH wanted to change the whole starting 11.:D
Yes, not only he wants but RR b4 him also wants...that includes me n every united fan ..but this stubborn man didn't believe his predecessor at 1st n say they r good players n he is capable of training them to be top players...changing the whole team is the only way to rebuild this current useless team to a new one capable of challenging for titles n trophies like they did in the past

Rickey
14-08-2022, 05:31 PM
You should just play with your mates in the newbie section.:D
He is enjoying himself in here...let him be bah...don't disturb him

Rickey
14-08-2022, 05:43 PM
The whole team was horrible last night…. Don’t we have better defender? Those who didn’t join man utd this season must be thinking luckily I didn’t join this crap team…

For all the wow factor with our new manager coming in… he seem like another ole to me after all

Next game against Liverpool and I can’t even bring myself to think about it….

Even a draw game against pool meaning after 3 game we got 1 point?
I also dare not think abt their next match against Pool next week..could be another 4 or 5 or 6 zeros thrashing like last season ...their problem is not just their defence only, their midfield n attack are also so weak n lousy ..can't control n keep possession of the ball properly n pass them forward to their strikers to score :mad:

Rickey
14-08-2022, 08:42 PM

I was too optimistic. We might not even make it out of Aug with a single point.

Might as well get the prediction out of the way:

Man Utd 0 : 8 Liverpool

Then we would have scored ZERO goals after 3 games. Brighton gifted us one in the goals-for stats. Must be some kind of record.
So all this while, the problem is not with the managers but with this useless group of idiotic players :mad:...throwing every manager that cums along to manage them under the bus ...the world's most powerful group of football players where every manager fear them n not the other way round...can anyhow play as they wish n still collect their big fat pay at the end of the game n the management also cannot touch or punish them with a fine or termination of contract...the best job in the world for anyone :)

Don't be surprise that might just be the score in their next game against mighty Pool next week if this useless group r brought in to play again by this new blur manager unless he is smart enough to bring in new big, strong, physical players like those of Brentford which he prolly can't do as the BODs r not supporting him to buy proven good quality prolific goal scorers like Nunez n Haaland as it would cost them a bomb...

they r scare n turn away because of the high price tag n will later panic to look for cheaper alternative 2nd hand used older players who r troublemakers n not as productive as the younger n hungrier ones available in the transfer market earlier on when the transfer window was just opened...this is the same old shit problem every season esp during the last 2 or 3 seasons...this idiotic BODs never learn their lesson causing the downfall of the club :mad:...they r not like their arch rivals like City n Pool who hv the foresight to grab n buy the good players the moment they spot them one season in advance

asiancigar
15-08-2022, 09:18 AM
On a lighter note....

United are now the whipping and weeping club in EPL.....thank you blood sucking Glazers.......

imom
15-08-2022, 09:42 AM
On a lighter note....

Always a good idea to bet against one's own team. At least make some moolah if team fucks it up. If they don't fuck up, then treat it as 'buying' a result. :D

Rickey
15-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Not sure wat this ETH n the BODs r thinking... Just read a short manchester live article saying they want to sell away James Garner such a promising n talented young player from the academy for a meagre sum of only £14 million :(...n later buy him back from another club @ £80 million ??...he was the one who helped Nott Forest to get promotion to the Premier League :)

Murtough, their DOF, ought to be relieved of his post for incompetence in his recruitment policy wanting to sell such a young prize asset like Garner from the academy at such a peanut price n buy 2nd hand n used players from the resale mkt at such a high price instead n make them warm the bench perhaps :(

looks like they don't trust any of their academy graduates anymore preferring to stick to the current bunch of useless deadwoods or buying fake sub-standard ones from the market paying exorbitant fees for them...if that's the case, they shd close down their academy, why spend good money training up players for the benefit of their rivals ???...ridiculous thinking.. then we don't need to pity ETH or the club anymore...just watch how Pool thrash n punish them 6,7 or 8-0 next week

ilovepantyhose
15-08-2022, 07:33 PM
Horror show.....

My message to baldy head : Put out your entire academy players for your next match.:D

all the opponents have to do is to high press man u in their half and watch them implode, its obvious that the style of playing out from the back doesn't work and yet OGS, RR and now ETH persists

and to point out several issues:
- DDG needs to be dropped, release on a free when contract ends and install henderson as No.1
- maguire to be dropped too, his pace is slow against opponents
- shaw needs to be dropped and undergo intensive attacking tactical training, he didn't overlap much and left rashford on his own to attack down the left
- fernandes and eriksen cannot both be starters, fernandes to start and eriksen to sub on or rotate when fernandes kena burnout
- overhaul of formation and playing style, go back to 4-4-2, heaton, dalot, varane, bailly, malacia, sancho, VDB/martinez, fernandes/eriksen, rashford/martial, mctominay, CR7. mctominay (1.93m) to be pushed up to partner CR7 in attack, both act as targetmen and GK & direct balls and crosses are played to them, no more playing out from the back, just punt the ball to CR7/mctom

hope diallo, elanga and alejandro can be featured more to add another dimension to the attack

despite 2 losses, i really hope this season won't be like last season

lacoruna69
16-08-2022, 12:10 AM
- overhaul of formation and playing style, go back to 4-4-2, heaton, dalot, varane, bailly, malacia, sancho, VDB/martinez, fernandes/eriksen, rashford/martial, mctominay, CR7. mctominay (1.93m) to be pushed up to partner CR7 in attack, both act as targetmen and GK & direct balls and crosses are played to them, no more playing out from the back, just punt the ball to CR7/mctom

Yah, good suggestions!
This play out from the back created many problems and "gifted" goals last time, dunno why ETH still want to use this style. Very clear cut the players for some reason can't hold on to the ball.

Pushing McTom up as targetman...wow, brilliant!
I never thought of that.
He seemed to be very brash with all the rough tackles and will pose problems in midfield as a defensive midfield. Concede fouls and collect cards.
Putting him upfront will allow him to use this "skill" and his height to scare off the opponent defenders.:p
Act as a decoy so CR7 will have room to shoot.

ilovepantyhose
16-08-2022, 07:05 PM
Yah, good suggestions!
This play out from the back created many problems and "gifted" goals last time, dunno why ETH still want to use this style. Very clear cut the players for some reason can't hold on to the ball.

Pushing McTom up as targetman...wow, brilliant!
I never thought of that.
He seemed to be very brash with all the rough tackles and will pose problems in midfield as a defensive midfield. Concede fouls and collect cards.
Putting him upfront will allow him to use this "skill" and his height to scare off the opponent defenders.:p
Act as a decoy so CR7 will have room to shoot.

punting the ball to the targetmen may lose possession but it is lost further upfield, thus less risky as the defence can regroup and the opponent needs to build up play. but playing out from the back is too risky cos they get nervy from high press, lose possession in their own defensive third and gift the opponent chances at goal. DDG committing basic errors doesn't inspire confidence either (really wtf)

man u must bring in a proper targetman, if cannot sign one, then mctom is last resort. with his height, mctom can be a decent targetman with extra training on heading, his strength is ok too, just need to time his tackles better :p

the academy also need to develop potential targetman as well, we only see small forwards being churned out the past few seasons

imom
17-08-2022, 09:01 AM
...the academy also need to develop potential targetman as well, we only see small forwards being churned out the past few seasons

The only academy forward with good height is Joe Hugill at 1.88m. Still a good 5cm shorter than McTominay though. Hugill was doing fairly decent in the 20-21 season but seems to have gone backwards in 21-22. Sigh.

imom
17-08-2022, 09:32 AM
In other news....

But seeing how he screwed Twitter over and his history of nonsense tweets :rolleyes:

Elon Musk says he is buying Manchester United
17 Aug 2022 08:24AM
(Updated: 17 Aug 2022 09:28AM)

Tesla Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Tuesday (Aug 16) he was buying football club Manchester United Plc.

Musk, the richest person in the world, has a history of making irreverent tweets, and it was not immediately clear whether he planned to pursue a deal.

"I'm buying Manchester United ur welcome," Musk said in a tweet.

Manchester United is one of the world's best supported football clubs. They have been champions of England a record 20 times and have won the European Cup, the most prestigious club competition in the global game, three times.

The team is controlled by the American Glazer family, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The football club had a market capitalization of US$2.08 billion, as of Tuesday's stock market close.

Manchester United fans have in recent years protested against the Glazers, who bought the club for 790 million pounds (US$955.51 million) in 2005, due to the team's struggles on the pitch.

The anti-Glazer movement gained momentum last year after United were involved in a failed attempt to form a breakaway European Super League.

Some fans have urged Musk to buy Manchester United instead of buying Twitter. Musk is trying to exit a US$44 billion agreement to buy the social media company, which has taken him to court.

On Saturday, Manchester United suffered a humiliating defeat at Brentford, conceding all four goals of the match in the opening 35 minutes.

The week before United had lost their Premier League season opener by 1-2 to Brighton & Hove Albion, making this the first time since 1960 that the team has let in at least six goals in the first two matches of a top-flight season.

This is also the first time United has lost the opening two matches since 1992 when the team went on to win the title.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/elon-musk-says-he-buying-manchester-united-2885251

Johnbass
17-08-2022, 05:06 PM
Tiagong Man Utd finally agrees to let CR leave
Just let him play 1 last World Cup and retire lah
He alone can’t save Man Utd

ilovepantyhose
17-08-2022, 07:08 PM
The only academy forward with good height is Joe Hugill at 1.88m. Still a good 5cm shorter than McTominay though. Hugill was doing fairly decent in the 20-21 season but seems to have gone backwards in 21-22. Sigh.

i didn't follow the academy situation, but hope that hugill can fulfil his potential and be promoted to first team. it will be good for the club to have a homegrown targetman, think the last one was welbeck

the youngsters who played during pre-season still looked abit scrawny if compared to top level footballers, they need a few more years to increase their mass. and if mctom packs another 5kg, he will be tough to deal with

sc slayer
17-08-2022, 10:25 PM
ETH can't continue trusting players who can't deliver. Should instead start and have trust in Garnacho and Garner. Replace McFred with Garner & Martinez. IMHO, Varane & Bailly is a stronger CB partnership, eventhough injury prone. Just saying...:o

escobar43535
18-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Should have done some arbitrage on United's shares bro:D

Musk's tweet turned out to be his usual play games shit but looks like you'll may have interested the richest man in the uk.

Big question though, are the Glazers prepared to sell?

In other news....

But seeing how he screwed Twitter over and his history of nonsense tweets :rolleyes:

Elon Musk says he is buying Manchester United
17 Aug 2022 08:24AM
(Updated: 17 Aug 2022 09:28AM)

Tesla Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Tuesday (Aug 16) he was buying football club Manchester United Plc.

Musk, the richest person in the world, has a history of making irreverent tweets, and it was not immediately clear whether he planned to pursue a deal.

"I'm buying Manchester United ur welcome," Musk said in a tweet.

Manchester United is one of the world's best supported football clubs. They have been champions of England a record 20 times and have won the European Cup, the most prestigious club competition in the global game, three times.

The team is controlled by the American Glazer family, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The football club had a market capitalization of US$2.08 billion, as of Tuesday's stock market close.

Manchester United fans have in recent years protested against the Glazers, who bought the club for 790 million pounds (US$955.51 million) in 2005, due to the team's struggles on the pitch.

The anti-Glazer movement gained momentum last year after United were involved in a failed attempt to form a breakaway European Super League.

Some fans have urged Musk to buy Manchester United instead of buying Twitter. Musk is trying to exit a US$44 billion agreement to buy the social media company, which has taken him to court.

On Saturday, Manchester United suffered a humiliating defeat at Brentford, conceding all four goals of the match in the opening 35 minutes.

The week before United had lost their Premier League season opener by 1-2 to Brighton & Hove Albion, making this the first time since 1960 that the team has let in at least six goals in the first two matches of a top-flight season.

This is also the first time United has lost the opening two matches since 1992 when the team went on to win the title.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/elon-musk-says-he-buying-manchester-united-2885251

Rickey
18-08-2022, 07:17 PM
Should have done some arbitrage on United's shares bro:D

Musk's tweet turned out to be his usual play games shit but looks like you'll may have interested the richest man in the uk.

Big question though, are the Glazers prepared to sell?
Bro, most of us r not rich enough to buy MU shares, so can't arbitrage even if we wanted to..only Sir Jim Ratcliff, the British billionaire may be able to afford to buy them...and he is very interested to take over the club from the Glaziers it seems :)...hope the fervent MU lover will be able to control the club soon n bring it back to their glory days

Yes, the Glaziers r prepared the sell the club according to reports but only at the exorbitant price of £5 billion if i m not wrong :eek:

Rickey
18-08-2022, 07:50 PM
all the opponents have to do is to high press man u in their half and watch them implode, its obvious that the style of playing out from the back doesn't work and yet OGS, RR and now ETH persists

and to point out several issues:
- DDG needs to be dropped, release on a free when contract ends and install henderson as No.1
- maguire to be dropped too, his pace is slow against opponents
- shaw needs to be dropped and undergo intensive attacking tactical training, he didn't overlap much and left rashford on his own to attack down the left
- fernandes and eriksen cannot both be starters, fernandes to start and eriksen to sub on or rotate when fernandes kena burnout

hope diallo, elanga and alejandro can be featured more to add another dimension to the attack

despite 2 losses, i really hope this season won't be like last season
Very well analysed bro :)...i think u make a much better manager than ETH n the rest of the previous managers anytime ;)...u can help them draw at least if not win their matches with your brilliant plan :D

Problem is ETH n the BODs don't trust their own academy players n r either selling them to other clubs at a cheap price or sending them out on loan..even when they were losing particularly in the Brentfort games, he still persists on playing his useless bunch of 1st team players n don't want to give his young talented n fast players like Garner, Garnacho or Charlie McNeil a chance to go down to the pitch to help them pull back a goal or 2 :(

Rickey
18-08-2022, 07:58 PM
ETH can't continue trusting players who can't deliver. Should instead start and have trust in Garnacho and Garner. Replace McFred with Garner & Martinez. IMHO, Varane & Bailly is a stronger CB partnership, eventhough injury prone. Just saying...:o
Agree absolutely with u bro :)...but the knucklehead is shooting himself in the foot like OGS n RR b4 him by refusing so far to trust n play his faster, more energetic n aggressive young academy players preferring to sell them or loan them out instead..sigh

escobar43535
18-08-2022, 10:48 PM
Correct me if i am wrong bro, but i thought this Ratcliffe guy was first interested in buying Chelsea?

Bro, most of us r not rich enough to buy MU shares, so can't arbitrage even if we wanted to..only Sir Jim Ratcliff, the British billionaire may be able to afford to buy them...and he is very interested to take over the club from the Glaziers it seems :)...hope the fervent MU lover will be able to control the club soon n bring it back to their glory days

Yes, the Glaziers r prepared the sell the club according to reports but only at the exorbitant price of £5 billion if i m not wrong :eek:

asiancigar
18-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Fucking American VAMPIRES .....

https://youtu.be/2GKC6WHuTBI

ChrisSutton
19-08-2022, 05:58 AM
Premier League predictions: Chris Sutton takes on GK from Bad Boy Chiller Crew to pick scores for this weekend's games

Man Utd v Liverpool x-x 1-5

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62541771

JonesKnows
19-08-2022, 10:59 AM
Man Utd v Liverpool

SCORE PREDICTION: 1-3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12675308/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-thinks-tottenham-will-struggle-to-beat-wolves-southampton-can-shock-leicester

imom
19-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Falling back into the same pattern again. Sign secondary targets all summer, flop out with top targets, then panic-buy "top" oldies past their prime near close of transfer window.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12676250/casemiro-manchester-united-close-to-agreeing-59-2m-deal-for-real-madrid-midfielder

Rickey
19-08-2022, 05:33 PM
Correct me if i am wrong bro, but i thought this Ratcliffe guy was first interested in buying Chelsea?
Yes bro, u r right... Ratcliffe wanted to buy chelski earlier on but he lost out to Boehly in the bidding war if I m not wrong ..but seems like he is more of a fervent MU supporter :)

Rickey
19-08-2022, 09:01 PM
Premier League predictions: Chris Sutton takes on GK from Bad Boy Chiller Crew to pick scores for this weekend's games

Welcome in here Chris :)...hope u can give accurate predictions ;)...

omg !...for now, it hurts :(...oh no, not another thrashing from Pool again ?? :confused::eek:...so far Charlie's predictions r the most accurate amongst all of us in here...Charlie where r u ??? :confused:

PaulMerson
20-08-2022, 11:56 AM
Man Utd v Liverpool

SCORE PREDICTION: 1-3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12675308/premier-league-predictions-jones-knows-thinks-tottenham-will-struggle-to-beat-wolves-southampton-can-shock-leicester

Both teams are not playing well now. So both need a result.

I say 1 - 1

charlienicholas
20-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Charlie prediction: 0-2

Rickey
20-08-2022, 12:29 PM
Charlie prediction: 0-2
Oh no...looks like they r gonna lose again on Monday night :(...sigh

On the side note, heard that Chelski's Tuchel is wanting Mcdisaster...that's good news for ETH :)

PaulPogba
20-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Oh no...looks like they r gonna lose again on Monday night :(...sigh

On the side note, heard that Chelski's Tuchel is wanting Mcdisaster...that's good news for ETH :)

Tough time to be a fansee.

Rickey
20-08-2022, 02:16 PM
Tough time to be a fansee.
Yalor Paul...sometimes can get heart attack one...but with the arrival of Casemiro from Real Madrid n Antony from Ajax they needn't be relegated down to the championship anymore :)...btw any idea how is yr namesake doing back in Juventus now ??

Tai_zi21
20-08-2022, 05:15 PM
Yalor Paul...sometimes can get heart attack one...but with the arrival of Casemiro from Real Madrid n Antony from Ajax they needn't be relegated down to the championship anymore :)...btw any idea how is yr namesake doing back in Juventus now ??

Casemiro is just what we need as I think he will improve the whole team quality…

But Antony? I have doubts abt him… looks at all the recent purchase from Ajax I dun think they get adapt life in the EPL….

First 2 games of the season and I’m already losing hope let see how they perform against one of our most hated rival

Rickey
22-08-2022, 07:27 AM
Casemiro is just what we need as I think he will improve the whole team quality…

But Antony? I have doubts abt him… looks at all the recent purchase from Ajax I dun think they get adapt life in the EPL….

First 2 games of the season and I’m already losing hope let see how they perform against one of our most hated rival
Agree with u abt Antony bro...don't pin much hope on Ajax's players ..they r nothing great but is still an upgrade of this bunch of useless players...

Ajax is charging a super high fee for him to take advantage of their desperation trying to get a striker n midfielder at the last moment...they shd get a similarly proven player from the EPL like Ivan Toney who can score a lot of goals too n is cheaper as well ..they r real carrot heads :(

Tai_zi21
22-08-2022, 10:44 AM
Agree with u abt Antony bro...don't pin much hope on Ajax's players ..they r nothing great but is still an upgrade of this bunch of useless players...

Ajax is charging a super high fee for him to take advantage of their desperation trying to get a striker n midfielder at the last moment...they shd get a similarly proven player from the EPL like Ivan Toney who can score a lot of goals too n is cheaper as well ..they r real carrot heads :(

Manchester United is the best carrot head and based on the report this Antony guy is worth 80 million? Man city sign haaland for 85.5 million in total…. After SAF I dare to say this over paid for 80% of the transfer… the only decent transfer after SAF was only 2 players zlatan and Herrera…. Even Bruno play like crap now :mad:

But still I am keeping my fingers crosses for tonight game…. Of all
Team against Liverpool pls kill them off

lacoruna69
22-08-2022, 01:26 PM
Looking at things now....a loss is definitely on the cards.....yet again.
I see some optimistic predictions on Man U grabbing a goal.......think likely won't happen.

No decent player of the right mind will want to join Man U now.

Not sure what kind of magic will Casemiro brings to the team....I mean RM still managed to win big even without him.:rolleyes:

Whether he can play against Pool is still question mark.

BTW, the match is on Tuesday 23 Aug 2022 3am. :D

ilovepantyhose
22-08-2022, 08:36 PM

Not sure what kind of magic will Casemiro brings to the team....I mean RM still managed to win big even without him.:rolleyes:

no holding mid in his prime will want to join man u without UCL football. its reported that casemiro's salary is doubled so this is his last "big" contract, can he solve the midfield problem? given that he is already 30. longterm wise, man u has to develop a homegrown holding mid

suppose ETH does a throwback to SAF 90s 4-4-2 formation: heaton, dalot, varane, martinez, malacia, sancho, casemiro, fernandes, rashford, martial, CR7. casemiro is the holding mid (keane) breaks up play/wins the ball and makes simple passes to playmaker fernandes (scholes)

sc slayer
22-08-2022, 09:39 PM
no holding mid in his prime will want to join man u without UCL football. its reported that casemiro's salary is doubled so this is his last "big" contract, can he solve the midfield problem? given that he is already 30. longterm wise, man u has to develop a homegrown holding mid

suppose ETH does a throwback to SAF 90s 4-4-2 formation: heaton, dalot, varane, martinez, malacia, sancho, casemiro, fernandes, rashford, martial, CR7. casemiro is the holding mid (keane) breaks up play/wins the ball and makes simple passes to playmaker fernandes (scholes)
I like the good old 4-4-2:)

Johnbass
22-08-2022, 10:19 PM
“Because of visa rules Casemiro is unable to make his debut for United against Liverpool…”

Not expecting any change in Man Utd lineup
Hope ETH just park the bus and get 1 point

Predict 0-0
HUAT ah!

Tai_zi21
22-08-2022, 10:47 PM
My mind tell me it going to be a 1-1 draw

But my heart say it going to be a 2-1 win for Manchester United

lacoruna69
22-08-2022, 11:19 PM
Meanwhile......utter disgrace for a former golden boy....
I adore him last time when he plays as a left winger....
That sheer speed....fascinating....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-62625150

lacoruna69
23-08-2022, 05:09 AM
My mind tell me it going to be a 1-1 draw

But my heart say it going to be a 2-1 win for Manchester United

You are right on!!

2-1!!

I was so wrong...but Im happy !

Really positive no nonsense play. No play from the back rubbish.
Yes, punt upfront n let the 3 speedy players do the attack.
Elanga was unlucky to hit the post....but assist for Sancho opener.
Really full composure by Sancho!

The second was good old Rashford style!!

Eriksen sublime freekick, but was saved.

No Casemiro, but spotted him watching from stands.
Strange that Bruno and Eriksen start together.

imom
23-08-2022, 11:47 AM
...Really positive no nonsense play. No play from the back rubbish.
Yes, punt upfront n let the 3 speedy players do the attack.
Elanga was unlucky to hit the post....but assist for Sancho opener.
Really full composure by Sancho!

The second was good old Rashford style!!

Eriksen sublime freekick, but was saved.

No Casemiro, but spotted him watching from stands.

Martinez was MOTM by a mile. But my favourite moment was his reaction post-match, clenched fists, screaming to himself "C'MONNNNN" like a warrior. A new boy showing that level of passion and commitment. I hope this spreads to the rest of the team.

Rashford and ice-cool Sancho deserved their plaudits for their goals, but McTominay pleasantly surprised, picking out some peaches of passes last night.

Pool had 70% of possession, but even Jamie Carragher said it didn't feel like Pool were dominating and Utd always felt more dangerous. Hopeful this can be a springboard, but not getting carried away though. Much to be fixed still.

lacoruna69
23-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Martinez was MOTM by a mile. But my favourite moment was his reaction post-match, clenched fists, screaming to himself "C'MONNNNN" like a warrior. A new boy showing that level of passion and commitment. I hope this spreads to the rest of the team.

Agree....LM was so solid at the back, despite his stature. Got my vote as MOTM too. Not to forget he block off that certain Bruno own goal.
Of course Varane also put on a good show.

DDG also pull off a few good saves.

Actually when I see Capt Magoo not starting, I got a weird feeling things might not be that bad.

Yes, the team needs an inspirational leader. BTW, I could be wrong....Bruno appears to have another off day....and he was the Capt.:(

Johnbass
23-08-2022, 01:25 PM
ETH in his post match “They can fucking play football…”

Finally…
Good for ETH for benching CR, Maguire, Shaw, Fred

Hope more good things to come.
HUAT ah!

imom
23-08-2022, 03:53 PM
ETH in his post match “They can fucking play football…”

Haha saw that... Sky sports presenter stunned momentarily before apologizing... :D

ilovepantyhose
23-08-2022, 07:28 PM

Agree....

Yes, the team needs an inspirational leader. BTW, I could be wrong....Bruno appears to have another off day....and he was the Capt.:(

perhaps ETH wanted two creative players with vision and passing range to initiate counterattacks. eriksen provides an additional threat from set pieces

but i have to point out fernandes is somewhat buay zai, he tried to be fancy and lost the ball in his own third (pogba-ish) and his fluffed clearance almost resulted in an own goal if not for martinez. i rather DDG be captain instead of him

without maguire to slow them down, and CR7 whom the others need to share his pressing workload, this might be ETH preferred first XI against most opponents for this season (4-2-3-1)

GK: DDG (capt) - needs to be more vocal/critical of teammates who switch off/lazy (F them upside down)
DR: dalot - good overlapping, but need to improve defending overall
DC: varane - read the game (rio ferdinand) and no injuries
DC: martinez - won't shy away from challenges (but might kena injury), quick to close down shots (vidic)
DL: malacia - good overlapping, but need to improve defending overall
MC: casemiro/mctom - holding mid, breaks up play
MC: eriksen/VDB - retains possession, doesn't complicate things
AMR: sancho - work on understanding with dalot down the right
AMC: fernandes - don't be fancy in your own third
AML: rashford - no injuries and mental coaching for his confidence/form
SC: martial - no injuries, improve his work rate and mental coaching for his confidence/form

if plan A doesn't work, throw on CR7 and maguire as plan B targetmen :p

ilovepantyhose
23-08-2022, 08:39 PM
https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1561786195855790087

CR7 bochup carragher :D

meme worthy :D

Rickey
23-08-2022, 09:07 PM
Looking at things now....a loss is definitely on the cards.....yet again.
I see some optimistic predictions on Man U grabbing a goal.......think likely won't happen.

Whether he can play against Pool is still question mark.

BTW, the match is on Tuesday 23 Aug 2022 3am. :D
This was said b4 the game played early this morning...fortunately yr prediction was wrong bro as were the rest of us, they beat Pool 2-1 pretty well :)...think no one in our right mind would hv predicted a win for the Red Devils, seeing the listless way they played n lost miserably the last 2 opening games of the new season to Brighton n then Brentford...Yes, u r prolly right that no good player in his right mind from other good clubs would want to join them now, but good news is that some of their new good targets seem to want to join them already pple like Antony, Gakpo n Casemiro (just signed) even though they r not playing in Champion's League this season :)....

Imo Casemiro is a v. good player, many levels better than this useless bunch of existing players but is not a magic bullet just by himself alone however good he may be...like Ronaldo CR7 who managed to score 24 goals last season n almost singlehandedly carried the team towards the end of last season (with even 2 back-to-back hattricks, remember ??) he will still need the support of his other teammates if they r to win titles n trophies or want to go up to top 4....RM's midfield or even the whole team is stuffed with v. good players thus their ability to win their own domestic league as well as the European Champion's League last season as a team, so he being just 1 of the good players there may mean nothing to us or RM as they hv equally good if not better replacements :)...so do not look down on him so soon bro like we r on this current bunch of inept players...hold yr fire, let's see how he plays 1st b4 we pass further judgment on him