PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

JonesKnows
24-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Man Utd v Chelsea

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 3-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12110275/premier-league-predictions-west-ham-to-shock-man-city-man-utd-too-strong-for-chelsea

charlienicholas
24-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Man Utd v Chelsea

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12110275/premier-league-predictions-west-ham-to-shock-man-city-man-utd-too-strong-for-chelsea

Charlie predict: 0 - 1

Rickey
25-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Man Utd v Chelsea x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54604140

Man Utd v Chelsea

Charlie predict: 0 - 1
Lawro, Jones & Charlie's predictions all wrong...it was a goalless draw 0-0 early this morning :(...sigh...

they r going back to old uninspired way of playing again...not like the last match against Newcastle when they thrash them 4-1...OGS's fault again, not playing the right players n don't know how to motivate them to win...buy Bonny VB but don't like to play him n keep him in cold storage...like DM b4 him, he is really delusional, saying he is happy with the match n results. n the 1 point..now lying in 15th position on the table...like dat how to become champions of the league ??...plus inaccurate passing to oppo players, robbed of the ball and never wants to kick the ball high up and long to oppo half of the field causing them panic...their strikers hardly bothered the Chelski defence...:(...lucky Chelski's attack wasn't sharp enough o/w they will be gone again

ilovepantyhose
25-10-2020, 12:22 PM
man u 0 - 0 chelsea

chelsea set out to frustrate man u by playing 3 at the back and man u did not create much in the first half. the best chance fell to rashford in a counterattack but mendy saved with his feet, credit must go to him for making three good saves

man u was lucky to dodge a penalty after maguire executed a grappling move

james was poor on the left flank and his understanding with shaw seemed lacking, OGS should have subbed him off with VDB during HT. its puzzling why VDB did not come on, his runs into space could have caused trouble with the chelsea backline

cavani made his debut and almost scored, hope his experience and quality can improve the squad

the positive take away is a clean sheet

p.s.: kudos to rashford for trying to make a difference in society in general

lacoruna69
25-10-2020, 04:53 PM
My heartfelt apologies to my good friend whom I call to wake him for this "blockbuster" match.......
and was treated to an extremely BORING goalless draw.:(

It appears both sides are set to play out a DRAW. Like fixed.

Was expecting a goal feast as Chelsea dish out Kai, Werner and Pulisic as front three.

No surprises at Man U line up but again why James was included inside???
Another total "are you sure he is in the starting lineup" playing.
Totally invisible.

Why dun play Telles??

Cavani made his debut and nearly score....

VDB...again left on the bench....

The Chelsea Mendy quite good....saving a last minute shot from Rashford at full stretch.

I guess a DRAW suits both sides...

asiancigar
26-10-2020, 06:20 AM
The saving grace is that Ed Cavani showed a lot of promise when he came on the pitch, his movement was fluid and purposeful. He moved like a hungry centre forward unlike and compared to that f....g useless piece of human crap Martial.

Rickey
27-10-2020, 09:32 PM
The saving grace is that Ed Cavani showed a lot of promise when he came on the pitch, his movement was fluid and purposeful. He moved like a hungry centre forward unlike and compared to that f....g useless piece of human crap Martial.
Welcum back bro AC :)...long time no see...yes, agree with wat u said...

but this knucklehead was given good new hungry players like BVB n Cavani, Telles etc, etc to play but still does not want to use them in his full squad just because they were not the ones he chosed like Sancho or Haaland...still depending on his current pathetic squad to win him matches when they clearly r not skilled enough to thus having to rush the recruitment of the new ones to replace them on transfer deadline day :(...the deadwoods r so pathetic n not willing to play robust football that they keep on losing or drawing match after match to so many teams lower than them, the minnow teams who played in the fast n accurate attacking way...

Wonder how they will fare against RB Leipzig in the next match in the European league if he still keep on stubbornly refusing to use to his new attacking players n keep them in cold storage :mad:

asiancigar
28-10-2020, 08:00 AM
Wonder how they will fare against RB Leipzig in the next match in the European league if he still keep on stubbornly refusing to use to his new attacking players n keep them in cold storage :mad:

Hi Rickey, I am still not convinced that Ole cannot pull another rabbit out of the hat..... either draw or kenna 2 - 0

JonesKnows
28-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Hi Rickey, I am still not convinced that Ole cannot pull another rabbit out of the hat..... either draw or kenna 2 - 0

Ole may get sacked if no win in next 3 matches. Top coaches already line up.

Rickey
28-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Yah, me too...if he continues to refuse to use his new attacking players

Rickey
28-10-2020, 11:12 PM
Ole may get sacked if no win in next 3 matches. Top coaches already line up.
Yes, if he continues to lose the next few matches...they will giv him the boot...err wat happened to yr points ???...they r in the red...u Pool or MU supporter ah ??

Rickey
29-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Walao ehh...can't believe it !...they hammered Leipzig 5-0 early this morning in the European champion's league :eek::)...with a hattrick from Rashford, the other 2 a penalty by the lazy Martial and Greenwood :)...missed all the excitement of the goals...yes, he did use Bonny n Cavani n the lazy Pooooba also assisted..:)...see the difference...for the 1st time he knew how to use n juggle with his new players :)...but then it is only Leipzig ??

JonesKnows
29-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Walao ehh...can't believe it !...they hammered Leipzig 5-0 early this morning in the European champion's league :eek::)...with a hattrick from Rashford, the other 2 a penalty by the lazy Martial and Greenwood :)...missed all the excitement of the goals...yes, he did use Bonny n Cavani n the lazy Pooooba also assisted..:)...see the difference...for the 1st time he knew how to use n juggle with his new players :)...but then it is only Leipzig ??

RS Leipzig is a good team.

Rashford should had been more consistent and will deserve to start.

Anyway plenty of games to play from now to Jan.

Thedeathknight
29-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Utd and Rashford put RB Leipzig to the sword 😎

lacoruna69
29-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Think the turning point was the 2nd goal. RBL was crushed mentally when the VAR approved the goal.

Overall, great work. To add on, AWB indeed perform better if just doing RB job. Really no need for him to go upfront.

ilovepantyhose
29-10-2020, 08:12 PM

Think the turning point was the 2nd goal. RBL was crushed mentally when the VAR approved the goal.

Overall, great work. To add on, AWB indeed perform better if just doing RB job. Really no need for him to go upfront.

it was a surprise that OGS did not start fernandes and rashford, he gave a lot of respect to Leipzig by fielding a midfield diamond. seems like matic and pogba perform better in a 3-man midfield instead of 2

the 2nd goal was another classic counterattack with rashford timing his run perfectly, what an impact he has by coming on as a sub

awarded another penalty, looks like its a good habit to have :p

lawro
30-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Man Utd v Arsenal x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54686577

charlienicholas
30-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Man Utd v Arsenal x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54686577

Charlie prediction: 1 - 1

JonesKnows
31-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Man Utd v Arsenal

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12028/12117783/premier-league-predictions-burnley-to-stun-chelsea-sheffield-united-to-hold-man-city

JonesKnows
31-10-2020, 10:12 AM
err wat happened to yr points ???...they r in the red...u Pool or MU supporter ah ??

Long story regards to rep pts and now sorted out. Jones Knows is a new skysport pundit after the old deadwoods removed.

Rickey
31-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Looks like all our 3 football pundits here will be correct...a ManU win or at least a draw provided the knucklehead is not afraid to use his new players like Bonny n Cavani etc, etc n don't put them in cold storage

asiancigar
01-11-2020, 10:14 AM
I think United 3-1 Arsenal

lacoruna69
01-11-2020, 01:59 PM
it was a surprise that OGS did not start fernandes and rashford, he gave a lot of respect to Leipzig by fielding a midfield diamond. seems like matic and pogba perform better in a 3-man midfield instead of 2

the 2nd goal was another classic counterattack with rashford timing his run perfectly, what an impact he has by coming on as a sub

awarded another penalty, looks like its a good habit to have :p

Watched some post analysis videos on youtube.

Think it was a tactical battle between OGS and Nagelsmann.

OGS came up tops, which is very rare. Haha.

Rickey
02-11-2020, 03:02 AM
Watched some post analysis videos on youtube.

Think it was a tactical battle between OGS and Nagelsmann.

OGS came up tops, which is very rare. Haha.
There they go again.. a 1-0 defeat to the gunners.. :(... a penalty caused by the lazy poooba again although they nearly equalise later... saw them play in the 1st half n I knew they r going to be KOed.. playing n passing to each other around their goal area again n don't want to long ball over to the opposition half to cause their defence panic like in the spurs match...only thing it is slightly better than that game... again 1 step forward 2 steps back...seems they r better in Europe than in their own home ground.. weird :(.. din hear cavani playing???… think this guy shd really go. .. they r still dangerously near the relegation zone... once the 5 teams below them start winning their matches, they will fall right down the floor trap

Tai_zi21
02-11-2020, 08:37 AM
The moment virus Pogba play... I guess it gonna be draw or lose

ilovepantyhose
02-11-2020, 04:24 PM
man u 0 - 1 arsenal

first half: man u played out from the back but arsenal used high press and quickly close them down. fred was deployed at the base of the diamond with mctominay on the right. it resulted in mctominay constantly drifting inwards to central midfield, allowing space on the right flank and no attacking pressure down arsenal's left

second half: a change of formation allowed slightly more breathing space but not much chances were created. then pogba made the same defensive mistake of not tracking a runner and gave away another penalty. matic, VDB and cavani were brought on but they were like-for-like substitutions. it was 90 minutes of facepalm

it was a poor choice of formation/tactics by OGS and the lack of urgency is endemic. don't think he has found a way to effectively counter the high press, yet he insists that the team play out from the back, inviting unnecessary pressure and turnovers. why can't he field iglaho/cavani as targetman, rashford on the left and greenwood/mata on the right and have DDG distribute long ball? even if they concede possession, the ball will be further upfield. OGS seems risk averse, they were already behind but he did not sub a defender for an attacker. if we look back at SAF, he would throw on an extra attacker to chase the game when they were down, last gasp draws or wins was a trait of SAF team

Thedeathknight
02-11-2020, 04:55 PM
If results go in the PL like this, Utd might actually finish in the bottom half of the table and OGS might be gone by Dec itself

Rickey
02-11-2020, 05:09 PM
man u 0 - 1 arsenal

first half: man u played out from the back but arsenal used high press and quickly close them down. fred was deployed at the base of the diamond with mctominay on the right. it resulted in mctominay constantly drifting inwards to central midfield, allowing space on the right flank and no attacking pressure down arsenal's left

second half: a change of formation allowed slightly more breathing space but not much chances were created. then pogba made the same defensive mistake of not tracking a runner and gave away another penalty. matic, VDB and cavani were brought on but they were like-for-like substitutions. it was 90 minutes of facepalm

it was a poor choice of formation/tactics by OGS and the lack of urgency is endemic. don't think he has found a way to effectively counter the high press, yet he insists that the team play out from the back, inviting unnecessary pressure and turnovers. why can't he field iglaho/cavani as targetman, rashford on the left and greenwood/mata on the right and have DDG distribute long ball? even if they concede possession, the ball will be further upfield. OGS seems risk averse, they were already behind but he did not sub a defender for an attacker. if we look back at SAF, he would throw on an extra attacker to chase the game when they were down, last gasp draws or wins was a trait of SAF team
Time for him to go...delay no more...wrong tactics n wrong selection of players :(...benching his new attacking players until too late, after frantically rushing to buy them on deadline day :(...n keeping n starting his favorite deadwoods in the 1st XI insisting they r good skilful players who can win him cups, so delusional...the best any of them can do is to save the team from relegation and he himself the boot if he is still around by that time...everyone watching this game knows how incompetent the guy is n i m sure his bosses know too..just waiting for the right time to lift the axe ??...just sitting on the bench glumly watching his team go down n not coming off to direct a come back as a good coach shd

lacoruna69
03-11-2020, 03:49 AM
There they go again.. a 1-0 defeat to the gunners.. :(... a penalty caused by the lazy poooba again although they nearly equalise later... saw them play in the 1st half n I knew they r going to be KOed.. playing n passing to each other around their goal area again n don't want to long ball over to the opposition half to cause their defence panic like in the spurs match...only thing it is slightly better than that game... again 1 step forward 2 steps back...seems they r better in Europe than in their own home ground.. weird :(.. din hear cavani playing???… think this guy shd really go. .. they r still dangerously near the relegation zone... once the 5 teams below them start winning their matches, they will fall right down the floor trap

I seriously dunno why OGS dont want to sub out Pogba. Clearly the poorest player.
Bruno didn't fare better as he was tightly shackled by Elneny.
A surprised inclusion and a very effective one indeed...overlook for many years....but revived by no nonsense Arteta. Elneny stick to his task the entire match and keeps on pressing play right until the very last minute. A very under rated player which is dirty cheap at less than 10m pounds. (Signed by Wenger in 2016).
Clearly potent partnership with T Partey. Both completely tank the midfield.
MOTM for me, these 2.
No wonder no room for Ozil.

The moment virus Pogba play... I guess it gonna be draw or lose

Terrible....I share the same sentiments when I see him starting.
Clearly the worst player on the field and once again, he is proven to be a undependable player when the chips are down. He is only good when things are going well for the team.
Should sub him out instead of Bruno.
With VDB + Bruno, this will provide some distraction for Elneny.

man u 0 - 1 arsenal

why can't he field iglaho/cavani as targetman, rashford on the left and greenwood/mata on the right and have DDG distribute long ball? even if they concede possession, the ball will be further upfield. OGS seems risk averse, they were already behind but he did not sub a defender for an attacker. if we look back at SAF, he would throw on an extra attacker to chase the game when they were down, last gasp draws or wins was a trait of SAF team

Agree.
When Cavani is on, he needs supply from the sides. Why Mata was not on?
Too bad Telles still unable to play, he can give some decent crosses to Cavani.

Bad Sub mistakes from OGS.

Should put Mata in for Fred. Why sub in Matic??

VDB for useless Pogba. VDB + Bruno....both close passing in the danger zone should provide some sting.

Rickey
03-11-2020, 07:38 AM
I seriously dunno why OGS dont want to sub out Pogba. Clearly the poorest player.
Bruno didn't fare better as he was tightly shackled by Elneny.
A surprised inclusion and a very effective one indeed...overlook for many years....but revived by no nonsense Arteta. Elneny stick to his task the entire match and keeps on pressing play right until the very last minute. A very under rated player which is dirty cheap at less than 10m pounds. (Signed by Wenger in 2016).
Clearly potent partnership with T Partey. Both completely tank the midfield.
MOTM for me, these 2.
No wonder no room for Ozil.

Terrible....I share the same sentiments when I see him starting.
Clearly the worst player on the field and once again, he is proven to be a undependable player when the chips are down. He is only good when things are going well for the team.
Should sub him out instead of Bruno.
With VDB + Bruno, this will provide some distraction for Elneny.

Agree.
When Cavani is on, he needs supply from the sides. Why Mata was not on?
Too bad Telles still unable to play, he can give some decent crosses to Cavani.

Bad Sub mistakes from OGS.

Should put Mata in for Fred. Why sub in Matic??

VDB for useless Pogba. VDB + Bruno....both close passing in the danger zone should provide some sting.
So who is at fault???... he doesn't seem to know wats he is doing or the right thing to do to counter the opposition side to score goals.. someone shd be kind enough to end his misery... sigh.. commentors r saying out of the 3 new player turned managers he is the worst...

escobar43535
03-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Tbh you guys generally seem to have a pretty strong squad. Perhaps slightly a bit away from an EPL challenge but nonetheless should on the face of it be enough to make top 4 again and go on to the later stages of the CL.:cool:

But clearly what is holding you'll back now is OGS. This guy is tactically clueless most of the time and scared to bench your supposed super stars when they are not performing to standard.

Interesting to see OGS' old mates like Roy Keane and Gary Neville still reluctant to speak the truth and call out OGS for being incapable of taking United forward to proper success.

Then again, speaking as a Liverpool fan, I am glad to see OGS as your manager for the indefinite future:D

ilovepantyhose
03-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Time for him to go...delay no more...wrong tactics n wrong selection of players...

I seriously dunno why OGS dont want to sub out Pogba...

pogba and fred should be sold asap, they are too much of a liability and cause facepalm many many. OGS is compromising his formation/tactics and sacrificing other players in order to accommodate these two and their poor performances are frustrating. instead, mctominay to pair VDB in central midfield, VDB can cause problems with his forward runs while mctominay is more defensive.

OGS style is being effectively countered by high press, if the fans can see that, why can't he see it? since he has cavani/iglaho at his disposal, why can't he play targetman style?

asiancigar
04-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Tia lang kong..... Pochettino will be taking over very soon :D

Rickey
05-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Another implosion again losing 2-1 against the turkish champions in the European league early this morning :(...this time not as bad as the other losses...

1st half again no urgency to attack and score goals n kena goal instead :mad:..still unwilling to kick or take pot or speculative shots from midfield or just outside their goal area or kick long n overhead balls to the opposition half to frighten their defence, not knowing where the bouncing ball is going to head or who is going to catch it cumming down from the sky...just passing straight to each other again n so could not penetrate their tight n pack defence...

Can see Bruno, Maguire n WB made a lot of effort to fight for the ball...but the Rashford and Martial just waiting for the ball to cum to them :(...and even then when they got the ball, couldn't weave their way into their 6 yard box to try to hit for goals...Poch or Allegri, pls cum faster lah :)

Now the worry is their next game in the EPL this saturday against Everton, the boys in blue who are currently 3rd on the table...by the disinterested n unexciting way they play, it looks like they r gonna lose or draw again...sigh..if that's the case they will prolly drop into the last 3 relegation places if the few teams below them win their games...:(...Pundits...Charlie, lawro and JonesKnow...wat r your take ???..

Rickey
05-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Tia lang kong..... Pochettino will be taking over very soon :D
Faster cum lah :p...breathe more life into these deadwoods...teach them how to defend n score goals

asiancigar
05-11-2020, 07:40 PM
Seriously, for as long as that fuckup Football Technical Director wannabe Ed Woodward is handling transfers, buying and selling players..... United will just be mediocre and languish in the EPL without being title challengers.

ilovepantyhose
05-11-2020, 07:48 PM
Another implosion again losing 2-1 against the turkish champions in the European league early this morning ...this time not as bad as the other losses...

its ironic that man u lost to two counterattacks

for the first goal, attacking set piece instructions were totally disregarded as no defender stayed back to prevent counter. matic was too slow to prevent ba from scoring. second goal, fernandes' pass to mata was heavily touched and basaksehir took their chance.

its alarming that man u gifted so much space for counters, what is happening? why is the team lacking awareness? are they overconfident at playing a supposedly inferior opposition?

lacoruna69
05-11-2020, 11:26 PM
Another implosion again losing 2-1 against the turkish champions in the European league early this morning :(...this time not as bad as the other losses...

Wrong...it is WORST.

For a start, they clearly underestimate their opponents. A big no-no.
Istanbul B lose both their previous matches 2-0 with no goals scored.
Can see Man U stars think is a walk in the park.

Until that superb long ball caught them pants down....Matic out muscled by a 35 year old Demba Ba....cant blame Matic....my question is where the fark is our 80m pound star defender???? Isn't marking main target man his job?

After the first goal, still not fully awake.....left side open wide wide....2 IB players aiming for Henderson.....poor boy....where is Shaw????
Old man Mata kenna pick pocket from behind on the right....

A very embarassing opening match for Henderson.....not his fault...but likely DDG will be arm chio....

2nd half wake up slightly, but too late.

Martial got a lucky goal...but largely invisible....
same as almost everyone.

Shameless defeat....totally no excuses losing.

IB players played with more grit and passing crisp and accurate....at times like hot knife in butter....butter being Man U....guess their arseholes should be buttered to get banged at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Anyway thanks to this match....it is İstanbul Başakşehir FK....now everyone knows their name.

lawro
06-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Everton v Man Utd x-x 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54783299

Tai_zi21
06-11-2020, 10:33 AM

They are going to lose this... 2-0 to Everton is my guess and hopefully ole will be gone

Rickey
06-11-2020, 12:57 PM
Wrong...it is WORST.

Shameless defeat....totally no excuses losing.

IB players played with more grit and passing crisp and accurate....at times like hot knife in butter....butter being Man U....guess their arseholes should be buttered to get banged at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Anyway thanks to this match....it is İstanbul Başakşehir FK....now everyone knows their name.
Yes agree with bro lacoruna...well said :)

Rickey
06-11-2020, 01:02 PM

A draw is the best they can get...though highly paid in millions, they either don't hv the skill or the desire and stamina/fitness to win...toothless in attack, midfield and defence...even new goalkie Henderson seems helpless, can't stop the goals from going in...shd get DDG back...sigh

johnwl9
06-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Ole is just fucking clueless. So what if he wins games against the big sides? I don't even think its down to Ole's tactics and coaching that we're able to beat those bigger teams. Those teams leave tons of space in behind and our players have the individual pace and quality to take advantage of that. But those big games are few and far between and titles are won on the back of beating smaller teams consistently. Truly great teams with great coaches know how to break down a low block using proper patterns of play in attack. Its so obvious that Ole has no fucking clue how to coach our players to attack against teams that sit back. City and pool are always scoring goals that look similar and that's evidence that their coaches have a specific game plan that is fucking drilled into the players every training session. The glazers and woodward are the main issue, but we can't deny that Ole is also part of the problem. I respect him as a legend of the club but he just hasn't shown why he deserves to be here.

Rickey
06-11-2020, 01:15 PM
They are going to lose this... 2-0 to Everton is my guess and hopefully ole will be gone
Yah, agree with bro Tai_zi21 :)...can't win unless the virus poooba n OGS are removed...always like to play the short passing game, then losing the ball to the opposition who furiously run with the ball to score goals against them at the other end, selecting wrong deadwood players like Fred, Poooba, Maguire, Rashford n Martial who can't fight n win the ball to score, wrong strategies/formation n unable to change them fast enough when necessary...always say they r sorry n will improve but now very near the last 3 relegation places...the last time they were so pathetic n relegated to Div 2 were donkey years ago...sigh

JonesKnows
06-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Everton v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12123681/premier-league-predictions-everton-can-turn-up-heat-on-manchester-united-liverpool-backed-at-manchester-city

Rickey
06-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Everton v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12123681/premier-league-predictions-everton-can-turn-up-heat-on-manchester-united-liverpool-backed-at-manchester-city
Walao, like that MU jialat again :(...back to back defeats again :(...brace for another hammering this time from the Evertonians who are currently in 3rd place in the league table under their famous coach Carlo Ancelotti with a childish defence under deadwood Maguire & Co...if really happens, OGS head will be chopped off if i m not wrong ?? :)...this is one game he MUST NOT lose

johnwl9
07-11-2020, 02:49 AM
this is one game he MUST NOT lose

I have already lost count of how many "must not lose" games that he lost

PaulMerson
07-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Paul Merson: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's next game against Everton biggest of his managerial career

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/12124446/paul-merson-ole-gunnar-solskjaers-next-game-against-everton-biggest-of-his-managerial-career

charlienicholas
07-11-2020, 11:00 AM

Charlie prediction: 1- 2

Rickey
07-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Charlie prediction: 1- 2
Why Charlie say they will win???.. if they can draw, happy already loh.. don't lose can liao.. but just add 1 point to 8 only :(

Rickey
07-11-2020, 10:51 PM
Everton v Man Utd

Walao, JonesKnows is spot on!!!...the score is indeed 3-1 but the only thing is it is the other way round :)...haha...cant believe it...OGS won his MUST WIN game :)...the hero tonight against Everton is none other than Bruno Fernandes, their new wonder boy.. he could actually hv scored a hattrick but unselfishly gave the last one to Cavani to score..)..all the 3 were beautiful goals :)..tonight all of them played their hearts out n were on fire..so seldom see them play like that.. if they play every game like that, they can become champions !..so OGS is spared for this game...now they hv gone up to 13th on the table with 10 points :)

lacoruna69
08-11-2020, 12:39 PM
Walao, JonesKnows is spot on!!!...the score is indeed 3-1 but the only thing is it is the other way round :)...haha...cant believe it...OGS won his MUST WIN game :)...the hero tonight against Everton is none other than Bruno Fernandes, their new wonder boy.. he could actually hv scored a hattrick but unselfishly gave the last one to Cavani to score..)..all the 3 were beautiful goals :)..tonight all of them played their hearts out n were on fire..so seldom see them play like that.. if they play every game like that, they can become champions !..so OGS is spared for this game...now they hv gone up to 13th on the table with 10 points :)

Charlie knows best.:D

Thought it is dejavu when Bernard open the scoring. But amazing fightback.

Once again, the defensive fort of Fred + McTom proved decisive. A lot had been said about Fred being average...but he got good stamina and I dare say he cover every blade of grass at Goodison Park last night.
His partnership with McTom is excellent.

But take no credit away from our MOTM, Bruno. No VAR/Penalties this time, this guy proved he can score from open play.

I read he wanted to help Cavani for his debut goal becoz he understood the importance of goals to a striker. So, he forego the chance of a hattrick.
Outstanding!

ilovepantyhose
08-11-2020, 10:04 PM
Charlie knows best.:D

Thought it is dejavu when Bernard open the scoring. But amazing fightback.

everton did not adopt a high press but tried to play their own style, ended up allowing man u to dictate the play and the defence ball-watched fernandes to score two goals

lindelof allowed calvert-lewin to flick his header on and it led to bernard's goal, he came up short when facing a traditional english targetman

congrats to cavani on breaking his duck!

Rickey
09-11-2020, 11:33 AM
Wow !...the next match is against West Brom after the international break..looks like this is another hard match for them...they r no push-overs in case OGS & Co thinks so...they will fight to the last drop of their blood...even JM's Spurs now 2nd in the table with super striker Harry Kane took 88 mins this morning to score a goal against them :eek:

lacoruna69
10-11-2020, 02:49 AM
everton did not adopt a high press but tried to play their own style, ended up allowing man u to dictate the play and the defence ball-watched fernandes to score two goals

lindelof allowed calvert-lewin to flick his header on and it led to bernard's goal, he came up short when facing a traditional english targetman

congrats to cavani on breaking his duck!

Great analysis....another reason was the absence of Richarlison. Potential dangerman of the Toffees at the moment. Everton could not win in his absence.
Lucky he couldn't play (serving 3 match ban).

Lindelof always had been a liability...think he did a reckless backpass to DDG very early on and led to DDG in sixes and sevens.
He apologize to DDG thereafter but can see DDG was clearly pissed.
But at the moment, there is no good alternatives for DC...so OGS keeps on using him.

ilovepantyhose
10-11-2020, 07:42 PM
Great analysis....another reason was the absence of Richarlison. Potential dangerman of the Toffees at the moment. Everton could not win in his absence.
Lucky he couldn't play (serving 3 match ban).

Lindelof always had been a liability...think he did a reckless backpass to DDG very early on and led to DDG in sixes and sevens.
He apologize to DDG thereafter but can see DDG was clearly pissed.
But at the moment, there is no good alternatives for DC...so OGS keeps on using him.

its up to ancelotti to adjust his tactics accordingly, he is using calvert-lewin as targetman to great effect, just happened that richarlison was suspended vs man u and everton missed his pace

i suppose lindelof is OGS best option to pair maguire currently. among the DCs, bailly is injury prone, jones and rojo are condemned liao, fosu-mensah and tuanzebe are young and feature as subs in the league. OGS wanted to sign a DC but woodward went to sign a MC instead, reinforcing an already well-stocked area raises eyebrows. must man u finish 5th in order to spur the glazers to spend money on a DC and AMR to get back into UCL? :confused::confused:

lawro
20-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Man Utd v West Brom x-x 3-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54966917

JonesKnows
20-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Man Utd v West Brom

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 3-0

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12134739/premier-league-predictions-jose-mourinho-and-tottenham-can-master-declining-manchester-city

charlienicholas
21-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Man Utd v West Brom x-x 3-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54966917

Charlie prediction: 2-1

Rickey
22-11-2020, 06:12 AM
Wow !...the next match is against West Brom after the international break..looks like this is another hard match for them...they r no push-overs in case OGS & Co thinks so...they will fight to the last drop of their blood...even JM's Spurs now 2nd in the table with super striker Harry Kane took 88 mins this morning to score a goal against them :eek:
All 3 pundits got it wrong in terms of scores.. but they were all right.. it's a MU win :).. 1-0.. against West Brom...they were lucky that fernandes was allowed to retake the penalty when the initial one failed by VAR... overall a strong display by the Red Devils.. they could hv scored another 5 goals against their opponent had it not been for their GK....but their opponents were not easy to beat too...they fought to the very end ...

lacoruna69
23-11-2020, 12:17 AM
All 3 pundits got it wrong in terms of scores.. but they were all right.. it's a MU win :).. 1-0.. against West Brom...they were lucky that fernandes was allowed to retake the penalty when the initial one failed by VAR... overall a strong display by the Red Devils.. they could hv scored another 5 goals against their opponent had it not been for their GK....but their opponents were not easy to beat too...they fought to the very end ...

Like deja vu all over again.....looks like the VAR is catching those step off the line too soon by the GK. Many such incidents.
Think the GK will be feeling hard done by after performing a super save.
Maybe last time already such incidents happening, but there was no VAR to catch such cases.

Anyway, back to the match. An ugly uninspired performance.
Both Rashford and Martial again proved they were unreliable infront of the goal. Split second decision was sub par.
Cavani showed good touches but I think his age showed in the high tempo EPL.
Man U was lucky that WBA didn't showed much threat and the midfield and backline did the job.

Think still a long way before Man U can really mount a serious challenge for the title.

lacoruna69
25-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Great 4-1 victory against IBFC. Sweet revenge.

Can see this time round, they didn't take things lightly. It is controlling and attacking from the onset.

Cavani was played upfront as main striker and Martial and Rashford was relegated to play as side forwards. Probably OGS pissed off with both of them.

Surprised VDB started alongside Fred as midfield tanks. VDB and Bruno got a good game and both were outstanding. Who needs Pogba???

(Btw, what happened to Pogba? Didn't even make the Subs list)

Bruno got 2 and might even got a hat trick...but he gave the penalty to Rashford. Great guy!

2nd half was terrible and Matic was sub in to shore up the defence.

Final surprise was James got the 4th goal. :p

imom
25-11-2020, 09:25 PM
Must say Bruno's first goal really reminded me of what Scholes used to love to do - waiting outside the box and thundering in loose balls from corners....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IC8S0mDg0

Van der Beek and Cavani had great little touches to set Greenwood on his way to provide the assist for James. Great counter reminiscent of SAF days.

Rickey
26-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Great 4-1 victory against IBFC. Sweet revenge.

Can see this time round, they didn't take things lightly. It is controlling and attacking from the onset.

Cavani was played upfront as main striker and Martial and Rashford was relegated to play as side forwards. Probably OGS pissed off with both of them.

Surprised VDB started alongside Fred as midfield tanks. VDB and Bruno got a good game and both were outstanding. Who needs Pogba???

(Btw, what happened to Pogba? Didn't even make the Subs list)

Bruno got 2 and might even got a hat trick...but he gave the penalty to Rashford. Great guy!

2nd half was terrible and Matic was sub in to shore up the defence.

Final surprise was James got the 4th goal. :p
Must say Bruno's first goal really reminded me of what Scholes used to love to do - waiting outside the box and thundering in loose balls from corners....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IC8S0mDg0

Van der Beek and Cavani had great little touches to set Greenwood on his way to provide the assist for James. Great counter reminiscent of SAF days.
He is the new talisman for the Red Devils...w/o him the team would hv sunk to relegation zone by now and will not be where they r now :)...he is on fire now n he reminds us of C Ronaldo many yrs ago when that guy during SAF's time singlehandedly carried his team, ran with the ball from one end to the other n scored goals all by himself while his other teammates were just like spectators watching him play from the stands seeing him run with the ball n kicking in the goals:)...he was like a one-man team, he was the only 1 in the pitch playing against 11 others from the opposing team...Ought to be made captain of the team replacing Maguire

Next match against the Saints ???

lacoruna69
27-11-2020, 12:55 AM
This one is new formation and Cavani looks good as the main striker.

Positives

Telles all good on the left and showed he is worth the $ whipping in wicked crosses which Man U had been lacking all along. With him launching attack from the left, AWB can concentrate on defending the right.

Rashford looks more lively and dangerous playing on the right as compare to the left. Should stick to this. Also to provide an attacking alternative from the right.

Cavani looks influential as the main striker. He didn't score. But he acts somewhat like a pivot in the attacking formation. Holding and distributing the ball, drawing defenders away to free up the 2 side forwards. Fitness looks good and able to rush back to help out in defence in the ending part.
Hardly put a foot wrong.
Midfield teammates are starting to pass the ball to him.

Negative

A lot of good things being said about VDB. Although he fare good in the attacking sense, his performance as DM was poor. Fred was the one holding the fort. Can see the later part, OGS had to call in Matic to shore up the defence.
Hard to think of how to play him. Probably at the moment, he will be good playing in Bruno's position against weaker opponents. Bruno can't be playing in every game now that UCL next stage is more or less assured.
DM pair still McTom and Fred provides the best cover.

lacoruna69
27-11-2020, 01:01 AM
He is the new talisman for the Red Devils...w/o him the team would hv sunk to relegation zone by now and will not be where they r now :)...he is on fire now n he reminds us of C Ronaldo many yrs ago when that guy during SAF's time singlehandedly carried his team, ran with the ball from one end to the other n scored goals all by himself while his other teammates were just like spectators watching him play from the stands seeing him run with the ball n kicking in the goals:)...he was like a one-man team, he was the only 1 in the pitch playing against 11 others from the opposing team...Ought to be made captain of the team replacing Maguire

Next match against the Saints ???

Fully agree...he forego 2 instances of grabbing a hat trick in order to help Cavani (get his debut goal) and Rashford (to be fair, Rashford earned that penalty). Hallmarks of good playing attitude and great role model.

Hearsay it was CR7 highly recommendation that Man U sign Bruno.

lawro
27-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Southampton v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55079865

JonesKnows
28-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Southampton v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 0-2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12142078/premier-league-predictions-wins-for-liverpool-and-manchester-united-but-draws-galore-on-the-menu

charlienicholas
28-11-2020, 09:55 AM

Charlie prediction: 1-1

Rickey
28-11-2020, 04:34 PM

Southampton v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12142078/premier-league-predictions-wins-for-liverpool-and-manchester-united-but-draws-galore-on-the-menu

So the 3 pundits r saying the Red Devils will either draw or win tonight against the Saints :)...it's not a easy team to beat...they hv not been beaten for a long while...a draw more likely ???

Rickey
29-11-2020, 10:59 PM
So the 3 pundits r saying the Red Devils will either draw or win tonight against the Saints :)...it's not a easy team to beat...they hv not been beaten for a long while...a draw more likely ???
Ayam brand again...losing 2-0 to Southampton at HT :(...see how if they can make a cum back to draw or win ??? :confused:...wat happened to the 2 new boys...Fernandes n BVB ??

Rickey
30-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Ayam brand again...losing 2-0 to Southampton at HT :(...see how if they can make a cum back to draw or win ??? :confused:...wat happened to the 2 new boys...Fernandes n BVB ??
Walao ehh, can't believe it !!...They really made a cum back !!...Fernandes scored 1 and Cavani scored 2 all in the 2nd half of play, his 2nd one during final extra time :) making the final score 3-2 in their favour :)...The team has now climbed up to 7th in the table...thanks to the 3 new wonder boys >> Fernandes, Cavani & Donny van beek :D...wat a big difference these 3 new boys make to the team...attacking, attacking, attacking !!...not like last time, those strikers r sleeping, cant even smell the goalmouth of the opposing team, then how to score any goals ??...so lawro n Jones Know are right after all...poor Charlie

lacoruna69
30-11-2020, 02:03 AM
Walao ehh, can't believe it !!...They really made a cum back !!...Fernandes scored 1 and Cavani scored 2 all in the 2nd half of play, his 2nd one during final extra time :) making the final score 3-2 in their favour :)...The team has now climbed up to 7th in the table...thanks to the 3 new wonder boys >> Fernandes, Cavani & Donny van beek :D...wat a big difference these 3 new boys make to the team...attacking, attacking, attacking !!...not like last time, those strikers r sleeping, cant even smell the goalmouth of the opposing team, then how to score any goals ??...so lawro n Jones Know are right after all...poor Charlie

Cavani is just pure class....take the chances as it comes.
When I see his cross to Bruno followed by the close header (cross from AWB)...got a feeling he will score again. He did...not once, but twice.
Pure predator in the box instinct....something Martial/Rashford didn't have.
He had took the initiative to blend in with the team...took him a few matches....but he finally got it.
(I had read reports he was an arrogant and selfish player at PSG, but all these he never showed...he didn't even try to snatch any chance of penalties from Bruno...just silently does his work.....lurking and learning how Man U moves....not to mention his great stamina and athleticism...can see from the way he move about)
I was a bit surprised he was drop after that UCL match, but OGS finally did something right to bring him on right after HT.
Put him on as the main pivotal striker....
OGS, you have found the ONE. All the crosses inside the box will be answered!

As what they said before..."Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

ilovepantyhose
02-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Cavani is just pure class....take the chances as it comes.
When I see his cross to Bruno followed by the close header (cross from AWB)...got a feeling he will score again. He did...not once, but twice.
Pure predator in the box instinct....something Martial/Rashford didn't have.

As what they said before..."Form is temporary, Class is permanent"

he is a born striker, u see the way he runs into space to meet crosses despite his age. martial, rashford, greenwood etc still have to learn, especially how to operate in the box

Rickey
03-12-2020, 07:19 AM
Walao, they got beaten by PSG n Neymar quite badly 3-1 this morning .:(..only Rashford managed to score :)... wat happened to their new wonder boys???..

some blame OGS for not taking Fred off earlier n replacing him with Pooooba or Matic when he got a 2nd yellow card, leading to his red card n dismissal on 70 min leaving them with only 10 men to fight 11-man super strong club PSG who has many fantastic players like Neymar...see the way he dribbles the ball and run so fast with it ;eek:...but last nite, their new strikers were also pretty tame because of a strong PSG defence but their own defence as usual was in sixes n sevens...even with 11 man they can't score another goal..they were simply not good enough against PSG...

Now they must beat Lepzig to get thru '.. don't understand leh, how come ??.. when they hv won all but one of their other matches so far???

lacoruna69
03-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Walao, they got beaten by PSG n Neymar quite badly 3-1 this morning .:(..only Rashford managed to score :)... wat happened to their new wonder boys???..

some blame OGS for not taking Fred off earlier n replacing him with Pooooba or Matic when he got a 2nd yellow card, leading to his red card n dismissal on 70 min leaving them with only 10 men to fight 11-man super strong club PSG who has many fantastic players like Neymar...see the way he dribbles the ball and run so fast with it ;eek:...but last nite, their new strikers were also pretty tame because of a strong PSG defence but their own defence as usual was in sixes n sevens...even with 11 man they can't score another goal..they were simply not good enough against PSG...

Now they must beat Lepzig to get thru '.. don't understand leh, how come ??.. when they hv won all but one of their other matches so far???

PSG came with revenge on their minds.
Red Devils have a few chances of their own..but didn't work out.
Even the Rashy goal was actually a deflected one, by Danilo??
But PSG was the overall better team.

Can see Martial and Rashy still not linking up with Cavani well...sore losing the main striker position to him?

But the players clearly wasn't in good form. Can see a lot of misplaced passes and against a very speedy PSG.

A bit hard up on Fred with the 2nd yellow but I guess he could have got a red with that headbutt.

So , now 3 teams with 9 points. All to play for in the final match.
A ploy to make things more excitable??:D

lacoruna69
04-12-2020, 02:21 AM
Add on analysis

PSG - More attack minded with Veratti supporting Neymar and Mbappe. Entire team was more attack orientated as compare to previous match.

Martial - how he missed that open goal when 1-1 is beyond me...there was another one with that rebound from Cavani....should have done better.

Cavani - again affirmed status as pivotal striker and created good chances for Rashford and Martial.

Man U didn't play too bad, PSG very lucky to get an early goal forcing Man U to come out. Coupled with the bad miss from Martial and the red card....

I seriously think OGS should look into Martial issue, and Pogba too.

lawro
04-12-2020, 09:30 AM
West Ham v Man Utd x-x 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55144701

JonesKnows
04-12-2020, 03:33 PM
West Ham v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12150075/premier-league-predictions-wolves-can-end-liverpools-64-game-unbeaten-home-run

Rickey
05-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Add on analysis

PSG - More attack minded with Veratti supporting Neymar and Mbappe. Entire team was more attack orientated as compare to previous match.

Martial - how he missed that open goal when 1-1 is beyond me...there was another one with that rebound from Cavani....should have done better.

Cavani - again affirmed status as pivotal striker and created good chances for Rashford and Martial.

Man U didn't play too bad, PSG very lucky to get an early goal forcing Man U to come out. Coupled with the bad miss from Martial and the red card....

I seriously think OGS should look into Martial issue, and Pogba too.
Agreed with bro lacoruna on his views n assessment of the game n the players :)...tonite it is Hammers against them led by their ex-manger DM...he is flying high now with the Hammers putting them in 5th place on the table...can they win or at least draw ???

Rickey
06-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Agreed with bro lacoruna on his views n assessment of the game n the players :)...tonite it is Hammers against them led by their ex-manager DM...he is flying high now with the Hammers putting them in 5th place on the table...can they win or at least draw ???
Oohoo wow !...can't believe they did it again last nite against West Ham with a similar scoreline against Southampton...3-1...scorers Rashford again, Greenwood n the lazy Poooba (for once) :)...now up to 4th position in the league table :)...Hooray !...keep it up Red Devils...GGMU !

lacoruna69
06-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Oohoo wow !...can't believe they did it again last nite against West Ham with a similar scoreline against Southampton...3-1...scorers Rashford again, Greenwood n the lazy Poooba (for once) :)...now up to 4th position in the league table :)...Hooray !...keep it up Red Devils...GGMU !

The 1st half was atrocious....the Hammers should have easily went 3 or 4 up.
The HT whistle saved them.

OGS started without Bruno and that seemed to weaken the team severely.

2nd half, Bruno and Rashford were brought in....and what an impact Bruno made. Even Pogba woke up and start to make himself useful in the midfield. Even score a scorcher equaliser!

Great comback....but really worrying if one day Bruno gets injured and need a long layoff...who can replace him?
VDB certainly looks not up there yet....as attest to his starting performance in the 1st Half.

Rickey
08-12-2020, 10:58 PM
The 1st half was atrocious....the Hammers should have easily went 3 or 4 up.
The HT whistle saved them.

OGS started without Bruno and that seemed to weaken the team severely.

2nd half, Bruno and Rashford were brought in....and what an impact Bruno made. Even Pogba woke up and start to make himself useful in the midfield. Even score a scorcher equaliser!

Great comback....but really worrying if one day Bruno gets injured and need a long layoff...who can replace him?
VDB certainly looks not up there yet....as attest to his starting performance in the 1st Half.
Bruno deserves to be made the captain :)...he is the one inspiring the whole team to attack n score n not be lazy lame duck players :D

Rickey
09-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Was a hard fight against Leipzig this morning in the UCL...too bad their cum back was too little too late...given a few minutes more they might just hv equalised at 3-3... Maguire again the culprit to let in the 3rd goal...like I said he shd be stripped of the captaincy n give it to Bruno Fernandes who scored another penalty btw ...Another surprising thing is the lazy Poooba is doing well nowadays ..scoring his 2nd goal in just as many recent games :)

Actually this guy Maguire shd send him packing away from United...he has been responsible for letting in so many goals for the team :(...btw WAB was dreadful in this game as a defender rated only 3/10...:(

lacoruna69
09-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Was a hard fight against Leipzig this morning in the UCL...too bad their cum back was too little too late...given a few minutes more they might just hv equalised at 3-3... Maguire again the culprit to let in the 3rd goal...like I said he shd be stripped of the captaincy n give it to Bruno Fernandes who scored another penalty btw ...Another surprising thing is the lazy Poooba is doing well nowadays ..scoring his 2nd goal in just as many recent games :)

Actually this guy Maguire shd send him packing away from United...he has been responsible for letting in so many goals for the team :(...btw WAB was dreadful in this game as a defender rated only 3/10...:(

The 1st and 3rd can be avoided. But this issue had been present for a very long time.
Do keep in mind the oppo keeper Gulacsi was also in good form. Sometimes really need luck.

Anyway, I also not very surprised they failed in this mission, especially the way they concede the early first goal. (Or are they thinking they are really comback king????)
Hope they can concentrate more on the league.:(

lacoruna69
11-12-2020, 12:53 AM
Relook at all 3 goals conceded.

1st - AWB again drifted to center...leaving acres of space for Angelino to exploit. Why was AWB doing there? He was apparently marking the same player as Lindelof does.

2nd - AWB and Shaw at fault. AWB again leaving Angelino too much space. Shaw drifted too far up. Telles back tracked to cover....couldn't handle 2 players and Haidara was left open to score. Why was Shaw in the line up in such an important match after a long injury layoff? Footage showed he is way too fat.

3rd - AWB, Maguire, B Williams and DDG...all out of sync. DDG apparently reduced body size when he should have open up to block the shot.

OGS weird decision to sub in 2 defenders for 2 defenders in the 78th minute when 3-0 down. There were clearly other attacking players like Mata and Ighalo on the bench, why didn't use them? They did clawed back 2 goals but....I think Old Fergie would have sub in all the attacking players at 3-0 down. Even lose 5-0 in the end so be it.

PaulMerson
11-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's time could be up at Manchester United if they lose derby, says Paul Merson

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12156782/ole-gunnar-solskjaers-time-could-be-up-at-manchester-united-if-they-lose-derby-says-paul-merson

lawro
11-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Man Utd v Man City x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55238031

JonesKnows
11-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Man Utd v Man City

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 0-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12157150/premier-league-predictions-a-first-arsenal-0-0-for-1512160days-man-city-to-edge-low-scoring-man-utd-derby

charlienicholas
12-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Man Utd v Man City x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55238031

Charlie prediction: 0-0

Rickey
12-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Wow !...all the 3 opinions differ...there will surely be goals...just don't know how many ??....:confused:...so either charlie is right with a draw watever the scoreline or noisy neighbour in blue will edge the devils out by 1 or 2 goals margin...their form is very good lately n they r much more confident n not so disorganised as the red players

Rickey
12-12-2020, 11:02 AM

1st - AWB again drifted to center...leaving acres of space for Angelino to exploit. Why was AWB doing there? He was apparently marking the same player as Lindelof does.

2nd - AWB and Shaw at fault. AWB again leaving Angelino too much space. Shaw drifted too far up. Telles back tracked to cover....couldn't handle 2 players and Haidara was left open to score. Why was Shaw in the line up in such an important match after a long injury layoff? Footage showed he is way too fat.

3rd - AWB, Maguire, B Williams and DDG...all out of sync. DDG apparently reduced body size when he should have open up to block the shot.

OGS weird decision to sub in 2 defenders for 2 defenders in the 78th minute when 3-0 down. There were clearly other attacking players like Mata and Ighalo on the bench, why didn't use them? They did clawed back 2 goals but....I think Old Fergie would have sub in all the attacking players at 3-0 down. Even lose 5-0 in the end so be it.
Agree with lacoruna...They hv cum this far not becos of OGS but becos of Bruno Fernandes :).. let's be clear abt that if anyone still thinks OGS is the one...he is lucky, his life is covered by Bruno n he shd be grateful to him..

for those matches that they lost by 1 goal margins like the recent UCL against Leipzig n PSG, clearly shows the failure of his leadership e.g like lacoruna pointed out, at 3-2 in his substitutions at Leipzig, he shd hv brought in more attackers i/o defenders...

DDG really shd be relegated to No. 2 n bring in Henderson to provide competition n sharpen back his skills to reclaim his No. 1 spot again...

Shaw is far too fat now, cannot run as fast n prone to injury, so he shd be replaced by another better faster fit player

ilovepantyhose
12-12-2020, 04:08 PM

man u should employ a defence coach, solely focused on defending open play and set pieces. quite a number of the goals they have been conceding really facepalm, lack of understanding, lack of communication, lack of strength, lack of concentration, lack of positional awareness, lack of tactical discipline, lack of pace, lack of closing down, hampalang all lack :(:(

Rickey
12-12-2020, 05:43 PM
man u should employ a defence coach, solely focused on defending open play and set pieces. quite a number of the goals they have been conceding really facepalm, lack of understanding, lack of communication, lack of strength, lack of concentration, lack of positional awareness, lack of tactical discipline, lack of pace, lack of closing down, hampalang all lack :(:(
Well said by bro ilovepantyhose :)...that is EXACTLY their problem...but with Bruno Fernandez and a few other players of his quality...MU really don't need a manager or anyone will do

Rickey
13-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Charlie prediction: 0-0
Wow !...charlie is spot-on this time :)...the score is really 0-0 this morning...the blue Manchester against the red one...at least for the 1st time their defence held n DDG made a vital save keeping a clean sheet :)...so even Pep Guardiola is not that fantastic a manager after all

charlienicholas
13-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Wow !...charlie is spot-on this time :)...the score is really 0-0 this morning...the blue Manchester against the red one...at least for the 1st time their defence held n DDG made a vital save keeping a clean sheet :)...so even Pep Guardiola is not that fantastic a manager after all

Never easy to be manager of a top team.

lacoruna69
14-12-2020, 12:10 PM

quite a dampener....but I guess a draw suits both sides just fine.:o

lawro
15-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Sheff Utd v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55290631

JonesKnows
15-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Sheff Utd v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12161522/premier-league-predictions-wolves-can-make-it-a-bad-week-for-chelsea-manchester-city-to-have-no-problems

charlienicholas
15-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Sheff Utd v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55290631

Charlie predicts: 1-1

Rickey
16-12-2020, 08:56 PM
Sheff Utd v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 9-2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12161522/premier-league-predictions-wolves-can-make-it-a-bad-week-for-chelsea-manchester-city-to-have-no-problems
Omg !!...can't be bah :eek:...Jones u sure or not ??...so huge score against them ???...can't believe it, even Spurs a very good top team just beat them 6-1 only...SU is the bottom team in the table right now

JonesKnows
17-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Omg !!...can't be bah :eek:...Jones u sure or not ??...so huge score against them ???...can't believe it, even Spurs a very good top team just beat them 6-1 only...SU is the bottom team in the table right now

Amended as 0-2. Thanks for pointing out my typo error.

lacoruna69
17-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Not sure how the match will turn out, but quite high possibility Man U will concede early goal again.:D

lawro
18-12-2020, 10:34 AM
Man Utd v Leeds x-x 2-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55307810

Rickey
18-12-2020, 11:48 PM
Not sure how the match will turn out, but quite high possibility Man U will concede early goal again.:D
Yes, they did again bro :(...yr prediction for them to win was correct...but nowadays they r able to recover after 1 goal down to beat them 3-2 in the last minute :)...wow !...a minnow team like SU can still score 2 goals against red devils is not bad...in their previous matches with other teams they lost quite badly...so now is it they hv improved a lot in this match...or the Red Devils were not good ??? :confused:

Lana
19-12-2020, 02:20 AM

9 and 0 are near, maybe he pressed wrongly. :p:p

grimp
19-12-2020, 08:19 AM
United need defenders that look like see liao can break legs and think twice to go forward. Otherwise gk also drag down. Cannot stick with strikers or midfielders that doesn score too. Although improving but really inconsistent.

JonesKnows
19-12-2020, 09:16 AM
Man Utd v Leeds

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 4-2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12166676/premier-league-predictions-liverpool-manchester-city-and-arsenal-all-to-stumble

charlienicholas
19-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Man Utd v Leeds

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12166676/premier-league-predictions-liverpool-manchester-city-and-arsenal-all-to-stumble

Charlie prediction: 2-2

Rickey
19-12-2020, 10:17 AM
9 and 0 are near, maybe he pressed wrongly. :p:p
Yalor, he just admitted it was typo error ;)...thks

Rickey
19-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Man Utd v Leeds

Hope Jones prediction is correct :)

lacoruna69
20-12-2020, 02:16 AM
Yes, they did again bro :(...yr prediction for them to win was correct...but nowadays they r able to recover after 1 goal down to beat them 3-2 in the last minute :)...wow !...a minnow team like SU can still score 2 goals against red devils is not bad...in their previous matches with other teams they lost quite badly...so now is it they hv improved a lot in this match...or the Red Devils were not good ??? :confused:

Man U didn't play exceptionally well....it is more of a very blunted Blades....
And yet concede 2 goals.

But if you see carefully...once Bruno was off...the midfield starts to lose control.
OGS was thinking of putting in James for a run at 3-1...but changed his mind and put McTom in once concede 2nd goal.

Influence of Bruno was BIG. And Pogba seemed to play better with Bruno around.

lacoruna69
21-12-2020, 03:03 AM
Fantastic! 6-2!

What a surprise....all seem too easy as I expect a tough close fight.
McTom scored 2 very early goals and that sets the victory path!
McTom was simply outstanding!

Rickey
21-12-2020, 07:23 AM
Fantastic! 6-2!

What a surprise....all seem too easy as I expect a tough close fight.
McTom scored 2 very early goals and that sets the victory path!
McTom was simply outstanding!
Wow yes, it is fantastic n a surprise !!!!...can't believe it that they did better than jones' prediction of 4-2 ...one of their best performances so far :)...or is it Leeds were just real bad ..

anyway that's a very good scorelines n Bruno was again the inspirational one scoring 1 goal n a penalty n lacoruna is right Mctominay did well too with 2 goals ...now they hv climbed up to 3rd on the table :)...GGMU !!!...but still no thanks to ole...more to the players who put in all the efforts

CibLover
21-12-2020, 12:46 PM
McTominay surely ran his socks off last night.

But a quiet performer was Fred. He's been outstanding in the middle of the park this season. Getting more games and showed his qualities more. Harrying and biting on opponents' heels, breaking attacks and giving options to teammates. 6-2 Well done. Sterner tests ahead.

Let's keep it up. Leicester on Boxing day will see where we stand as a Top 4 contender. Me think we're still not title-contender yet. Of coz, hope I'm wrong. :p

lacoruna69
22-12-2020, 03:00 PM
But a quiet performer was Fred. He's been outstanding in the middle of the park this season. Getting more games and showed his qualities more. Harrying and biting on opponents' heels, breaking attacks and giving options to teammates. 6-2 Well done. Sterner tests ahead.

Fred had found his footing after initial brickbats.

He covered a lot of ground....and got good stamina.

But he can only played well if pair with someone like McTom. The Fred + McTom combo rarely fail.

Rickey
24-12-2020, 06:46 AM
More good news for the red devils... they just beat Everton 2-0 in the Carabao Cup to go into the semi finals... to play with Man city, spurs n Brentford for the finals :)...their new man Cavani n Martial scoring the goals almost at the end of the match :)

lacoruna69
24-12-2020, 05:30 PM
More good news for the red devils... they just beat Everton 2-0 in the Carabao Cup to go into the semi finals... to play with Man city, spurs n Brentford for the finals :)...their new man Cavani n Martial scoring the goals almost at the end of the match :)

Great! Hope can win some silverware this season.

Seriously thought was heading for a draw, then Cavani strikes!:D

PaulMerson
25-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Manchester United can make Premier League title statement if they beat Leicester, says Paul Merson

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12170096/manchester-united-can-make-premier-league-title-statement-if-they-beat-leicester-says-paul-merson

lawro
25-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Leicester v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55371882

JonesKnows
25-12-2020, 11:51 AM
Leicester v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12171239/premier-league-predictions-mikel-arteta-can-inspire-arsenal-to-season-changing-win-over-chelsea

Rickey
25-12-2020, 03:42 PM

Leicester v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12171239/premier-league-predictions-mikel-arteta-can-inspire-arsenal-to-season-changing-win-over-chelsea

Manchester United can make Premier League title statement if they beat Leicester, says Paul Merson

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12170096/manchester-united-can-make-premier-league-title-statement-if-they-beat-leicester-says-paul-merson
Wow !...all pointing to a Man U victory except hv not heard from charlie yet :)...naturally if they can beat Leicester n the other current top 6 teams like Pool n spurs, they can become League champions this season :)...but they must be consistent n win every match they play, the way they did the last few matches inspired mostly by Bruno Fernandes and Edi Cavani :);):D...GGMU !!

Rickey
25-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Wishing all my fellow man u fans n supporters in this thread a..

"Merry Christmas n Happy New Year 2021" :)

Haha..sad..Looks like left only lacoruna, cibLover n myself left in here besides the 3 regular punters, charlie, lawro and jones :(...wat happened to the rest ahh ???...when it comes to the most exciting period of the club winning more n more matches to become league champions soon :);)..wherever they r, hope they r fine n doing well :)

charlienicholas
26-12-2020, 08:27 AM

Rickey
26-12-2020, 09:32 PM
At Half time...charlie's prediction is correct ...it's 1 a piece...3rd placed Man U against 2nd placed Leicester city

Rickey
26-12-2020, 11:22 PM
At Half time...charlie's prediction is correct ...it's 1 a piece...3rd placed Man U against 2nd placed Leicester city
and so it ended in a draw..:(.. Charlie is right...but the scoreline is different..it is 2-2 not 1-1..

the lazy Poooba who came in as a sub, was the culprit again for allowing Leicester's Jamie Vardy to equalise with their 2nd goal by kicking the ball wrongly to the opponent in midfield but too lazy to run after it to re-possess control of the ball and thereby allowed that midfielder to pass the ball to his colleague at the far corner end of the MU half whereby that guy kicked the ball goalwards towards Vardy who was in front of the MU goal just getting a touch of the ball trying to turn the ball into the net but eventually it went in via the legs of United defender Axel Tuanzebe :(...2 points lost for nothing...

in this match their control of the midfield n passing to each other was poor compared to the other team who passed the ball around quickly and accurately among themselves which helped in scoring their 2 goals to equalise against United...the Red Devils shd hv won if their passing to each other hv been more accurate n if they had more passion to win the match...guess they were too confident of winning n slowed down each time they scored their 2 goals 1st against Leicester thinking that Leicester would never be able to make a cumback....

Rickey
28-12-2020, 09:58 AM

But they didn't..:(..for being complacent n over confident after scoring their 2nd goal thinking Leicester won't be able to make another cumback :(

anyway, most teams this weekend all drew with each other excepts Leeds n Arsenal who won their matches

lacoruna69
29-12-2020, 02:57 AM
But they didn't..:(..for being complacent n over confident after scoring their 2nd goal thinking Leicester won't be able to make another cumback :(

anyway, most teams this weekend all drew with each other excepts Leeds n Arsenal who won their matches

Ok....I kind of analyse the match and to be frank, a Draw is a fitting result for both teams. In addition, looking at the position of both teams, Draw appears to be a natural ending.

Leicester was tight at the back and the midfield DM of Ndidi and Tielemens more or less muffed out many of Utd forays.

Still, Utd managed to carve out chances and Rashford probably should have been more clinical. Especially that early open goal header. How could he had not put that in?

Pity about that 2 goals conceded...again the defence...

1st Leicester goal - Bruno lost the ball...and McTom should have close off Barnes...and DDG should have moved to his right a bit more. Frankly speaking, DDG had totally lost his previous form.

2nd Leicester goal - as already mentioned by Rickey.

Unless the defence issue is solved, title is definitely out of reach.:(

lawro
29-12-2020, 09:24 AM
Man Utd v Wolves x-x 2-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55454728

charlienicholas
29-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Man Utd v Wolves x-x 2-1

JonesKnows
29-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Man Utd v Wolves x-x 2-1

Jones Knows: 2-2

lacoruna69
30-12-2020, 06:03 AM
FT : Man Utd 1 - 0 Wolves

Fantastic! Superb last minute goal from Rashford seal the win.

Both sides GK was in outstanding form. But Utd always seemed to have an edge!

Utd had moved to 2nd in the table.

Rickey
30-12-2020, 06:20 AM
FT : Man Utd 1 - 0 Wolves

Fantastic! Superb last minute goal from Rashford seal the win

Both sides GK was in outstanding form. But Utd always seemed to have an edge!

Utd had moved to 2nd in the table.
Congrats to the Red Devils :)... yes lacoruna is right, they hv finally made it to 2nd on the table, thanks to a Rashford last-minute goal supplied by their wonder boy fernandes :D...

Still think the team is doing well due to their wonder boys fernandes n Cavani... w/o them OGS wouldn't hv been able to bring them this far :)...hopefully if they carry on this form, they can pipe pool for the league title this season

This time round only lawro's prediction of a MU win is correct but the scoreline is wrong again... it's actually a 1-0 win over wolves who JM's spurs was only able to draw just yesterday... GGMU!!!... the troops come marching on!!

Btw it's been another night of draws elsewhere except Leeds who beat WBA 5-0 n Arsenal winning 1-0 again at Brighton

lawro
01-01-2021, 09:48 AM
Man Utd v Aston Villa x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55490492

charlienicholas
01-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Rickey
01-01-2021, 06:54 PM

Hope lawro's prediction is correct again this time like the last time

Rickey
02-01-2021, 07:58 AM
Hope lawro's prediction is correct again this time like the last time
Omg!!!.. lawro's prediction is right again!! :)... the Red Devils won yet again, a hard fought fight against Aston Villa just moments ago but with a slightly different scoreline ...2-1...scorers Martial n super boy Fernandes with another penalty :)...w/o even needing the 2nd super boy Cavani...now though they r still 2nd on the table they r now level on points with bitter rivals Pool with the same no. of points 33 :)...

Keep it up, Red Devils n go beat our noisy neighbours in blue in the next coming Carabao semi final match n lift the Carabao Cup !! ;):D...can be done, shd be no problem !

lacoruna69
02-01-2021, 05:22 PM
Omg!!!.. lawro's prediction is right again!! :)... the Red Devils won yet again, a hard fought fight against Aston Villa just moments ago but with a slightly different scoreline ...2-1...scorers Martial n super boy Fernandes with another penalty :)...w/o even needing the 2nd super boy Cavani...now though they r still 2nd on the table they r now level on points with bitter rivals Pool with the same no. of points 33 :)...

Keep it up, Red Devils n go beat our noisy neighbours in blue in the next coming Carabao semi final match n lift the Carabao Cup !! ;):D...can be done, shd be no problem !

The last few seconds was really WTF. Heart in my mouth.
Bailly with that close range block! Could have been 2-2.
Everyone went to hug Bailly at the final whistle.

I still think Bailly is the best DC to pair with Maguire. He is fast and daring. I mean how many DC can throw his body down like that to block the shot?
He could have got his legs crushed or face hit by the ball at point blank. Sad he so often got injured.

Pogba got a pretty good match this time. He provided some good link up play with Shaw on the left. Launching several dangerous attacks.

Utd are suddenly in a very 'unfamiliar' 2nd spot:p

Rickey
06-01-2021, 12:58 PM
The last few seconds was really WTF. Heart in my mouth.
Bailly with that close range block! Could have been 2-2.
Everyone went to hug Bailly at the final whistle.

I still think Bailly is the best DC to pair with Maguire. He is fast and daring. I mean how many DC can throw his body down like that to block the shot?
He could have got his legs crushed or face hit by the ball at point blank. Sad he so often got injured.

Pogba got a pretty good match this time. He provided some good link up play with Shaw on the left. Launching several dangerous attacks.

Utd are suddenly in a very 'unfamiliar' 2nd spot:p
Agreed with u bro lacoruna.. now tonight is the crucial Carabao cup semi final against neighbours in blue.. Win this one n they still hv to beat JM's in-form spurs in the finals to lift the cup..

lacoruna69
07-01-2021, 05:48 AM
Agreed with u bro lacoruna.. now tonight is the crucial Carabao cup semi final against neighbours in blue.. Win this one n they still hv to beat JM's in-form spurs in the finals to lift the cup..

Unfortunately.....no chance to meet JM....
The blues was definitely the better team and deserved the 2-0 victory.

Out of UCL, out of Carabao Cup....left League and FA Cup. :(

Rickey
07-01-2021, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately.....no chance to meet JM....
The blues was definitely the better team and deserved the 2-0 victory.

Out of UCL, out of Carabao Cup....left League and FA Cup. :(
Because this morning our wonder boy Bruno Fernandes doesn't seem to be on fire or he misses his wonder friend Cavani??.:(. .yah, left the league n FA CUP to fight for now..sigh.. think that new GK Henderson is not that good after all.. maybe DDG could hv prevented those 2 goals???

lacoruna69
08-01-2021, 04:15 AM
Because this morning our wonder boy Bruno Fernandes doesn't seem to be on fire or he misses his wonder friend Cavani??.:(. .yah, left the league n FA CUP to fight for now..sigh.. think that new GK Henderson is not that good after all.. maybe DDG could hv prevented those 2 goals???

Bruno always below par when against top teams. But probably the best among the current crop of players.

Again, 2 goals conceded because of defensive frailties.

The 2nd goal, Henderson definitely have to take some blame...he was motionless. But DDG had been known to commit the same error, lol.

Man City got a great fantastic DC signing in Ruben Dias. This guy was a beast at the Man City backline. Exudes great awareness and display leadership abilities. Great interceptions and timely tackles. Even Stones shine playing alongside him.

Then, looking at Maguire..........:(

asiancigar
09-01-2021, 06:05 AM
Bruno always below par when against top teams. But probably the best among the current crop of players.

The 2nd goal, Henderson definitely have to take some blame...he was motionless. But DDG had been known to commit the same error, lol.

Man City got a great fantastic DC signing in Ruben Dias. This guy was a beast at the Man City backline. Exudes great awareness and display leadership abilities. Great interceptions and timely tackles. Even Stones shine playing alongside him.

Big mouth infant manager sure kenna F.

We are light years away from silverware.....

We will fall again and just be "also runs" in FA Cup and EPL for as long as infant manager is in charge of MU and that piece of shit Woodward is running the club.

Cheerz
AC

Rickey
10-01-2021, 01:49 PM
Big mouth infant manager sure kenna F.

We are light years away from silverware.....

We will fall again and just be "also runs" in FA Cup and EPL for as long as infant manager is in charge of MU and that piece of shit Woodward is running the club.

Cheerz
AC
Yah bro AC, so far it looks like quite hard for Red Devils to lift any trophy under his watch..always kena knock out at the semi-final stage :(

Rickey
10-01-2021, 02:04 PM

Yes, u r right too, bro lacoruna...Bruno seems to be muted in games against the big 6...he needs cavani on the pitch to help him

Yea, those 2 goals could be saved if not for poor goalkeeping n wrong positioning of defenders that there were no defenders to kick away the ball from the net when the ball was kicked n lobbed high goalwards by the opposition players who were near the corner post

It's not a good sign that a star-studded MU team couldn't beat a "B" team from the noisy neighbours who had many of their star players sidelined cos of injury or covid 19 restrictions...Maguire is definitely overrated...not worth the high price he is paid for n he shdn't be captain too...the captaincy shd be passed instead to Bruno who is more able to inspire n motivate his fellow players on the pitch to score goals...not sure why OGS is not doing that ??

Rickey
10-01-2021, 02:09 PM
Latest good news is that they beat Watford 1-0 in the 4th round of the FA Cup with a early goal from Scot Mctommy early this morning :)...but they had to battle hard to win as the hornets were no push-overs

lacoruna69
10-01-2021, 03:32 PM
Latest good news is that they beat Watford 1-0 in the 4th round of the FA Cup with a early goal from Scot Mctommy early this morning :)...but they had to battle hard to win as the hornets were no push-overs

Boring match I would say....thought was in for a goal feast as Man Utd started off brightly and McTom got the early goal in the 5th minute.

But, things quickly fizzled out and luckily Watford was not much of a threat. The most dangerous was a goal mouth clearance by Tuanzebe.
Again, Henderson seemed not very confident as compare to his days at Sheff Utd.
He really made the wrong choice coming back to Man Utd. Sheff Utd is bottom now after a very good return to Premier League last season. Got 9th position then.

P.S. Actually, it is 3rd Round.:p

lawro
12-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Burnley v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55612356

JonesKnows
12-01-2021, 09:56 AM
Burnley v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-0

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12185244/premier-league-predictions-burnley-to-blindside-manchester-united

charlienicholas
12-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Burnley v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55612356

Charlie prediction: 1-0

Rickey
12-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Burnley v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12185244/premier-league-predictions-burnley-to-blindside-manchester-united

Charlie prediction: 1-0
Can't be bah...Charlie n Jones saying they will lose to Burnley ??...Hope they can beat them to go top of the League tonight

PaulMerson
13-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Can't be bah...Charlie n Jones saying they will lose to Burnley ??...Hope they can beat them to go top of the League tonight

Congrats MU top of table now.

lacoruna69
13-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Was thinking could be a Draw...but Pogba's superb thundering shot.:D

But boring match though...again Bailly with a courageous block shot early on...but does well to hold on to the lead and earn precious 3 pts!

Rickey
13-01-2021, 02:20 PM

Was thinking could be a Draw...but Pogba's superb thundering shot.:D

But boring match though...again Bailly with a courageous block shot early on...but does well to hold on to the lead and earn precious 3 pts!
Finally they r at the top of the table after 10 long years since SAF left :)...Good, keep it up !!...and beat the other red team in the next coming match...to go 6 points clear at the top !...can be done, jiayu Red Devils ! ...good to see the lazy Pooooba picking up steam for the team :)...scoring the only goal of the match...So it seems only lawro guessed correctly while Charlie guessed the other way round...the score 1-0 to the Red Devils against Burnley...

btw I tot Poooba's goal was by way of a deflection not a direct shot @ goal ??

lacoruna69
13-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Finally they r at the top of the table after 10 long years since SAF left :)...Good, keep it up !!...and beat the other red team in the next coming match...to go 6 points clear at the top !...can be done, jiayu Red Devils ! ...good to see the lazy Pooooba picking up steam for the team :)...scoring the only goal of the match...So it seems only lawro guessed correctly while Charlie guessed the other way round...the score 1-0 to the Red Devils against Burnley...

btw I tot Poooba's goal was by way of a deflection not a direct shot @ goal ??

kind of help with the other big teams not getting the good results.

but with UCL and Carabao Cup out of the way....more time and effort should be given to EPL. No excuse.

I relook the shot and yes, there is a slight deflection off #5 Tarkowski.
But flashscore and soccernet had credited the goal to Pogba.

Javabeans
14-01-2021, 08:26 AM
Just for laugh, cheers

https://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/28890/2889072542c6192ad38bf2260b5017818c3e4fb2.jpeg

lawro
15-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Liverpool v Man Utd x-x 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55621242

Rickey
15-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Just for laugh, cheers

https://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/28890/2889072542c6192ad38bf2260b5017818c3e4fb2.jpeg
Haha...yes, it is comical way of presenting the MU position in the table photographically by bro javabeans ;)

Rickey
15-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Lawro was right the last time round...but still hope n think Red Devils can beat the other team in red :p

JonesKnows
16-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Liverpool v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12187631/premier-league-predictions-chelsea-can-give-frank-lampard-a-boost-at-fulham-burnley-to-raid-west-ham-with-a-win

charlienicholas
16-01-2021, 09:52 AM

Rickey
16-01-2021, 10:53 AM

Liverpool v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12187631/premier-league-predictions-chelsea-can-give-frank-lampard-a-boost-at-fulham-burnley-to-raid-west-ham-with-a-win

Wow..charlie is the odd one out this time...hopefully lawro n jones are right tonight :)

lacoruna69
18-01-2021, 11:36 AM
A draw in the end...but boring goalless draw.

Rashford was too selfish...could have pass to Cavani...who was in a much better position to score.

And that Pogba close shot....

But I guess a draw result fits both sides.

JonesKnows
19-01-2021, 09:56 AM
Fulham vs Manchester United

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12191394/premier-league-predictions-leicester-can-pounce-on-ponderous-chelsea

lawro
19-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Fulham v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55697160

charlienicholas
19-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Fulham v Man Utd x-x 0-2

Rickey
19-01-2021, 10:34 AM

Liverpool v Man Utd

Good to know lawro is right again this time round predicting a draw but the scoreline is wrong...it is the same as Jones' prediction...good thing they r still top of the table :)

Rickey
19-01-2021, 10:38 AM

Rashford was too selfish...could have pass to Cavani...who was in a much better position to score.

Yes, lacoruna is right...a fair result for both.. heard their keeper saved 1 or 2 good shots from Fernandez n Rashford...Poooba is doing better nowadays too :)...but sad that Cavani didn't score ...next match against Fulham shd be easier

Rickey
19-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Fulham vs Manchester United

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12191394/premier-league-predictions-leicester-can-pounce-on-ponderous-chelsea

Fulham v Man Utd x-x 0-2

Think i will go for both lawro and Jones again...their prediction of the previous match against pool was correct

ilovepantyhose
19-01-2021, 01:13 PM

the risk averse OGS showed liverpool too much respect and did not capitalised on the situation where pool did not have a fit DC. it could have been a different result if he started cavani/iglaho instead of martial, opting for power over speed. pool is having an injury crisis in defence and a downturn in form but OGS opted for safety instead, its a wasted chance to pull ahead

Rickey
20-01-2021, 10:28 AM
the risk averse OGS showed liverpool too much respect and did not capitalised on the situation where pool did not have a fit DC. it could have been a different result if he started cavani/iglaho instead of martial, opting for power over speed. pool is having an injury crisis in defence and a downturn in form but OGS opted for safety instead, its a wasted chance to pull ahead
Welcome back...yes, that's EXACTLY wat the football pundits were saying...let's hope they win their match against Fulham tonight

Rickey
21-01-2021, 07:48 AM
Welcome back...yes, that's EXACTLY wat the football pundits were saying...let's hope they win their match against Fulham tonight
and WIN they did ! :)...2-1 it is !..one scored by cavani n the other by the resurgent Poooba :)...though they r at the bottom of the table, fulham r no push overs ..let's hope they can win the league this season after 8 long years of drought since SAF left...GGMU !

ilovepantyhose
21-01-2021, 05:05 PM
with man u hitting the halfway point, here's a review of squad performance so far:

GK
DDG - improved performance from last season, likely to be from increased competition from henderson and he cannot afford to be complacent anymore. sometimes he just wasn't helped by his defence and conceded, really suck thumb. 7

henderson - benefited from his loan, provides good competition to DDG and keep him on his toes, decent performance so far, will become no.1 unless man u break the bank for a top GK. 6

romero should have been allowed to leave before season start as it was clear that he wasn't part of OGS plans. grant continues to serve as backup.

Defence
maguire - decent performance, becoming a threat during attacking set pieces, think he will score more goals from next season on, his lack of pace adds burden to his teammates though. 7

AWB - decent performance, switched off a few times, needs to attack/cross more. 7

lindelof - OGS' best option to pair maguire in defence currently, decent performance, but needs to improve his positioning/marking/strength. 6

bailly - injury prone, otherwise a good DC when fit. needs to be constantly fit and be playing to build a good partnership with maguire. 5

shaw - improved performance from last season, due to increased competition from telles and cannot be complacent anymore. needs to improve his positoning/tactical discipline. 6

telles - provides competition to shaw, wicked crossing/set piece taking. 6

tuanzebe - backup to first team DCs, still developing. 5

williams - seemed to fall down the pecking order with the signing of telles, backup to first team full-backs, still developing. 5

Midfield
fernandes - OGS best signing so far, a consistent and quality player, involved in majority of goals, great vision, not afraid to shoot outside the box, but somehow ineffective when playing against strong opposition, needs to be less fancy when in his defensive third. 8

mctominay - does a solid job protecting the back four. given his height, he will be a serious threat during set pieces if he can bulk up a few more kilos, he can be a targetman as an alternative if man u need to chase a result 7

pogba - still inconsistent but recent form is better. unfortunately a liability when defending, failing to track runs, poor positioning & decision making, needs to improve his defensive aspects. 6

fred - still inconsistent and ilghtweight but OGS has strong faith in him, prone to conceding cheap free kicks in the defensive third, adding unnecessary pressure. needs to improve his tactical discipline and positioning. 6

matic - experienced holding mid but lacks pace, gets called upon when protecting a lead. 6

VDB - he obviously has more to offer but OGS prefers to ease him into action slowly. good energy and good ability to make runs/find space, hope to see him play more. 6

james - fallen down the pecking order, needs to bulk up a little and not be a one trick pony. 5

mata - experienced AMC, decent backup. 6

seems like lingard's time is up at the club, maybe its better for him to seek regular football elsewhere, loan or permanent, wish him all the best.

Attack
rashford - automatic starter in attack but OGS tries not to overplay him. 14 goals and 9 assists from 30 appearances is good, likely to hit 20 goals this season. needs to time his runs better as he was constantly caught offside vs pool. kudos to his work outside of football (+1). 9

martial - 5 goals and 7 assists from 23 appearances is below average, hope he can score >10 this season. needs to improve his heading. 6

greenwood - after a breakout 19/20 season, average performance so far. opponents have learnt to close down on him quickly when he cuts inside from the right wing, still developing. 5

cavani - zlatan 2.0, despite his age and backup status, his contributions can't be ignored. hope the youngsters can learn as much as possible from him. 7

iglaho - backup, did not play much this season. loan contract is ending soon and we thank him for his effort. 5

Manager
OGS - credit to him for leading the club to the top of the table. however, he has yet to find a solution to counter opponents' high press, a plan B and an alternate playing style to playing out from the back. man u has been super lucky with VAR calls and injuries, the tables can be turned anytime, if pool has a full squad to choose, its likely they are top of table instead of us. 7

issues to work on:
(i) defending - conceding early in the game and from set pieces have become a bad habit. *facepalm*

(ii) home form - considered poor given the quality, need to improve if want to challenge for the title. away form is great ironically.

(iii) taking more risks - he tends not to throw caution into the wind, unlike SAF, when they are chasing for a result. c'mon lah, throw on more attackers, at least u tried :p

lacoruna69
22-01-2021, 01:40 PM
with man u hitting the halfway point, here's a review of squad performance so far:

-------Post truncated----------

Welcome back! Miss your astute analysis.

Very frank ratings on the players. Nice work!!

I think the fact the Red Devils are on top was more largely due to other competitors fall at certain hurdles.
Of course, situations like this are cyclical. The Red devils should capitalize on this opportunity to gain as much points as possible.

ilovepantyhose
23-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Welcome back! Miss your astute analysis.

Very frank ratings on the players. Nice work!!

I think the fact the Red Devils are on top was more largely due to other competitors fall at certain hurdles.
Of course, situations like this are cyclical. The Red devils should capitalize on this opportunity to gain as much points as possible.

thank you :D

yes, pool and city are having injury crises, and leicester and spurs have stumbled, but only 7 points separate us and 7th place. the chasing pack can pounce anytime if man u doesn't build a 10 point lead over them. if want to challenge for the title, from now on man u can only afford to lose 1-2 more matches, not lose to the top 6 and gain max points vs others.

Rickey
24-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Tonight is another impt n crunch match between the 2 Red arch rivals in a week to challenge for the FA Cup (4th round clash) ...think they can beat pool if they play smart n tactically enough.. let's hope for the best for the red devils...hope Fernandes, poooba, Cavani n Rashford will score again tonight.. no news from our 3 pundits???

Rickey
25-01-2021, 07:23 AM
Tonight is another impt n crunch match between the 2 Red arch rivals in a week to challenge for the FA Cup (4th round clash) ...think they can beat pool if they play smart n tactically enough.. let's hope for the best for the red devils...hope Fernandes, poooba, Cavani n Rashford will score again tonight.. no news from our 3 pundits???
Omg !!..can't believe it !... they really made it thru' last night 3-2 !! :)..again it's the wonder boy Fernandes who put them thru' to the 5th round of the FA Cup with the last goal of the match coming on as a super sub scoring directly from a free kick :D..the other 2 goals were scored by Rashford n Greenwood ;)...

pool replied thru their wonder boy Mohd salah..oh wat a 5 goal thriller it was last night :D...both sides defence were poor letting in all the goals at both ends :(... Rashford was also very good in his speed n passing to others to help score :)...Cavani almost scored 1 himself too hitting the post instead :)...next round they meet david moyes, their ex-manager's West Ham...chances of lifting the cup is good if their strikers play with speed n good and accurate passing in the final 3rd to put the ball into the net :) in the way they did last night against pool

lacoruna69
25-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Omg !!..can't believe it !... they really made it thru' last night 3-2 !! :)..again it's the wonder boy Fernandes who put them thru' to the 5th round of the FA Cup with the last goal of the match coming on as a super sub scoring directly from a free kick :D..the other 2 goals were scored by Rashford n Greenwood ;)...

A bit unexpected.....especially after Pool got the early goal.

A great victory and hope to have some silver ware this time.:o

lawro
26-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Man Utd v Sheff Utd x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55755348

JonesKnows
26-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Man Utd v Sheff Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 2-1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12197589/premier-league-predictions-leeds-to-thrash-newcastle-carlo-ancelotti-masterclass-expected-vs-leicester-liverpool-to-beat-spurs

Rickey
27-01-2021, 08:11 AM
Man Utd v Sheff Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12197589/premier-league-predictions-leeds-to-thrash-newcastle-carlo-ancelotti-masterclass-expected-vs-leicester-liverpool-to-beat-spurs

Glad the 2 pundits jones n lawro r saying the red devil's will put SU aside n claim back the top spot from the noisy neighbours in blue :)...omg, all the top few teams are so close to each other :eek:..n no one can be sure who will be Champ this year..Hope the Red Devil's can make it of course :)

charlienicholas
27-01-2021, 09:50 AM

Javabeans
27-01-2021, 01:47 PM
Glad the 2 pundits jones n lawro r saying the red devil's will put SU aside n claim back the top spot from the noisy neighbours in blue :)...omg, all the top few teams are so close to each other :eek:..n no one can be sure who will be Champ this year..Hope the Red Devil's can make it of course :)

Yes, hope the red devils maintain the composure and perform well consistently.

And wish Ighalo all the best. Thanks for his service.

Rickey
28-01-2021, 06:29 AM

Man Utd v Sheff Utd

Now all 3 r wrong...they were defeated 2-1 instead by SU just a while ago only..:(....caused by a very bad mistake by their world class GK, DDG giving SU their 2nd goal by taking it easy n kicking the ball short to his defender when he should hv kicked it far far away towards the stand instead knowing that his goal was under siege by the SU players who were all around his goal area..having too much confidence that his defenders can take care of the ball away from his goal post

that said they didn't hv the luck to break their strong defence when they park their bus when under united attack..also OGS is to blame for bringing in Cavani too late to rescue only 20 mins after the 2nd half started...too bad with this defeat they will drop to 4th or 5th position if all their nearest rivals win their games..they better buck up in their next game or the lower they will drop n OGS head is likely to be chopped like lampard at chelski

Rickey
28-01-2021, 10:42 AM
Now all 3 r wrong...they were defeated 2-1 instead by SU just a while ago only..:(....caused by a very bad mistake by their world class GK, DDG giving SU their 2nd goal by taking it easy n kicking the ball short to his defender when he should hv kicked it far far away towards the stand instead knowing that his goal was under siege by the SU players who were all around his goal area..having too much confidence that his defenders can take care of the ball away from his goal post

that said they didn't hv the luck to break their strong defence when they park their bus when under united attack..also OGS is to blame for bringing in Cavani too late to rescue only 20 mins after the 2nd half started...too bad with this defeat they will drop to 4th or 5th position if all their nearest rivals win their games..they better buck up in their next game or the lower they will drop n OGS head is likely to be chopped like lampard at chelski
To further add, according to sports reporters, it was OGS mistake to play Martial as centre forward i/o of his best on the left n leaving out Cavani until too late n leaving out Fred n Mctominay too in midfield..this guy's head ought to be chopped like Lampard at Chelski...these players turned managers like lampard n arteta are all like that...don't know how to use their men at their best positions :(

lacoruna69
28-01-2021, 03:35 PM

Didn't watch the match because as usual it is those sucky timing.

Yeah, this is not the first time. Keep repeating this play from behind crap.
and they never learnt their lesson.

To further add, according to sports reporters, it was OGS mistake to play Martial as centre forward i/o of his best on the left n leaving out Cavani until too late n leaving out Fred n Mctominay too in midfield..this guy's head ought to be chopped like Lampard at Chelski...these players turned managers like lampard n arteta are all like that...don't know how to use their men at their best positions :(

I dunno, maybe could be caused by some "unknown forces".
Man U was expected to get all 3 points off bottom dwellers SHU.
The boat was definitely very heavy on the home side....so a tragedy like this happened. Guess a lot of punters lose very big.

But I guess the good run will always come to an end someday....but least expected against bottom team.

lawro
29-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Arsenal v Man Utd x-x 2-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55814846

ilovepantyhose
30-01-2021, 12:15 PM
A bit unexpected.....especially after Pool got the early goal.

A great victory and hope to have some silver ware this time.:o

for the past two matches, goals conceded were due to the same old mistakes, we can forget about the title if OGS doesn't address them asap *facepalm + vomit blood*

I dunno, maybe could be caused by some "unknown forces".
Man U was expected to get all 3 points off bottom dwellers SHU.
The boat was definitely very heavy on the home side....so a tragedy like this happened. Guess a lot of punters lose very big.

But I guess the good run will always come to an end someday....but least expected against bottom team.

recalled there was one match during SAF reign, at home vs a bottom dweller, man u laid siege to the opponent goal, cannot score means cannot score, GK was also in god-mode making numerous saves, it ended a goalless draw

back then, it was considered a poor result :o

Rickey
31-01-2021, 05:52 AM
Arsenal v Man Utd x-x 2-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55814846
This time round only lawro predicted n he was wrong... luckily red devils didn't lose as he predicted n it was all square 0-0 at the end of the match this morning against the gunners...both sides fielded equally strong players to try to win the match but both couldn't score cos both GKs made crucial saves from each other's strikers.. but gunners could hv won had they hv their best striker Auba playing

Red devil's 2 new talisman seem to hv lost their touch, mojo n steam esp Fernandes who haven scored for the last 1 or 2 matches, n Rashford n Martial losing their form n confidence after being compared to the 2 wonder boys.. sad, they don't seem to be able to break teams down n falling back down the table again...

Perhaps Bruno is very tired now having played in almost all the games for the full 90 mins since he joined last yr...maybe he shd be rested n used only as a super sub early in the game like in one match recently..if they r held back by the oppo to impact n swing the game round for utd when he comes on to try help the team win

JonesKnows
31-01-2021, 08:56 AM
This time round only lawro predicted n he was wrong... luckily red devils didn't lose as he predicted n it was all square 0-0 at the end of the match this morning against the gunners...both sides fielded equally strong players to try to win the match but both couldn't score cos both GKs made crucial saves from each other's strikers.. but gunners could hv won had they hv their best striker Auba playing

Red devil's 2 new talisman seem to hv lost their touch n mojo esp Fernandes who haven scored for the last 1 or 2 matches, n Rashford n Martial losing their form n confidence after being compared to the 2 wonder boys.. sad, they don't seem to be able to break teams down n falling back down the table again..

My prediction also incorrect.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12202294/premier-league-predictions-arsenal-to-win-without-conceding-vs-man-utd-villa-can-show-class-at-southampton

Rickey
31-01-2021, 05:29 PM
for the past two matches, goals conceded were due to the same old mistakes, we can forget about the title if OGS doesn't address them asap *facepalm + vomit blood*

recalled there was one match during SAF reign, at home vs a bottom dweller, man u laid siege to the opponent goal, cannot score means cannot score, GK was also in god-mode making numerous saves, it ended a goalless draw

back then, it was considered a poor result :o
Yeah, wtf :(...DDG gave away the 2nd goal cheaply n is responsible for the team to lose the game n with it 3 points :mad:... by relying on his defenders to do the job for him of getting the ball away when he as GK is supposed to be in command of his goal area n ensure the ball is kicked as far away as possible into the stands if need be esp when he knows there are so many opposition players lurking around his goal post trying to smash the ball into his net...taking it easy n taking the opposition players too lightly n for granted :(...

yah he and his defenders still never learn the lesson to stop the practice of happily playing n kicking the ball around among themselves near their own goal area esp when it is under attack with many opponent players nearby waiting for them to make a mistake or miskick to them or robbing them of the ball giving them the simple chance of tapping or smashing it into their net

lawro
02-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Man Utd v Southampton x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55880763

JonesKnows
02-02-2021, 04:10 PM
Man Utd v Southampton

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12205408/premier-league-predictions-southampton-to-hold-manchester-united-luke-shaw-assist-at-4-1-fancied

charlienicholas
02-02-2021, 04:28 PM

Charlie prediction: 0-1

asiancigar
03-02-2021, 07:10 AM
United 9 - 0 S'hampton

Rickey
03-02-2021, 07:29 AM

Man Utd v Southampton

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12205408/premier-league-predictions-southampton-to-hold-manchester-united-luke-shaw-assist-at-4-1-fancied

United 9 - 0 S'hampton
Yay, I like lawro best .:)..he predicts correctly most of the time compared to jones n charlie...trusts his prediction more :)

Can't believe that they could hammer Sotong 9-0 in the match which just concluded not long ago :):)

Being a united fan , I still feel for southampton..they were actually bullied n lost unfairly on a few instances ..e.g. the penalty against benarek shdnt hv been given becos martial wasn't badly tripped n it was just outside the penalty area...a free kick shd be given instead...then there was their goal which was disallowed by VAR..I think it shd stand ..towards the end of the match they were demoralised by the decisions against them n by their 2 sending offs n kept letting in one goal after another..but credit to them they kept defending to the end n even tried to attack when they had a chance

1st time most of united's strikers n midfielders got a goal each in the same match with lazy martial getting 2 even :)...the best game for the red devils so far since a similar match years ago under SAF ...well done !!..keep it up n GGMU !

escobar43535
03-02-2021, 03:40 PM
Honest genuine comments and I say this as both a Liverpool fan and a fan of football in general :cool:

Mike Dean and VAR are pure shit:mad:

Respect and upz for you bro:)

That said, I am still ABU(naturally must exclude Everton as well), sorry just keeping it real and honest bro:D

Peace

Being a united fan , I still feel for southampton..they were actually bullied n lost unfairly on a few instances ..e.g. the 2nd penalty against benarek shdnt hv been given becos martial wasn't badly tripped n it was just outside the penalty area...a free kick shd be given instead...then there was their goal which was disallowed by VAR..I think it shd stand ..towards the end of the match they were demoralised by the decisions against them n by their 2 sending offs n kept letting in one goal after another..but credit to them they kept defending to the end n even tried to attack when they had a chance

Rickey
03-02-2021, 10:19 PM
Honest genuine comments and I say this as both a Liverpool fan and a fan of football in general :cool:

Mike Dean and VAR are pure shit:mad:

Respect and upz for you bro:)

That said, I am still ABU(naturally must exclude Everton as well), sorry just keeping it real and honest bro:D

Peace
Thanks bro escobar a staunch pool fan for coming in here to appreciate my honest n fair comments abt this morning MU match against Southampton :)...and thanks also for yr respect and points upzz :)

Just hv an additional note to say that even if the penalty was not given n a free kick given instead chances r still high that they could still score a goal from there given the way the red devils were playing like hungry wolves on the pitch this morning...most impt thing is that overall they would still win the match, only maybe the scoreline won't be so huge...but i really sympathize with the 2nd guy that got send off...applaud the sotong boys v. much for their never die spirit n playing their hearts out to fight back with the little they hv left even though they knew they were losing...the spirit of competition in a football game

In a closing note to this post n match, just want to say that i like the way u make objective postings in yr team's thread controlling hate n anger...as all yr posts hv expired bro, pls make new ones for me to return favour asap ;)...

escobar43535
04-02-2021, 12:04 PM
Thanks bro escobar a staunch pool fan for coming in here to appreciate my honest n fair comments abt this morning MU match against Southampton :)...and thanks also for yr respect and points upzz :)

Just hv an additional note to say that even if the penalty was not given n a free kick given instead chances r still high that they could still score a goal from there given the way the red devils were playing like hungry wolves on the pitch this morning...most impt thing is that overall they would still win the match, only maybe the scoreline won't be so huge...but i really sympathize with the 2nd guy that got send off...applaud the sotong boys v. much for their never die spirit n playing their hearts out to fight back with the little they hv left even though they knew they were losing...the spirit of competition in a football game

In a closing note to this post n match, just want to say that i like the way u make objective postings in yr team's thread controlling hate n anger...as all yr posts hv expired bro, pls make new ones for me to return favour asap ;)...

Thanks but no need to return the favour bro.

I upz samsters whenever I like what they share and post, that's it.

What I would like though is for United to now go through a sticky patch or at least for Bruno Fernandes to get sidelined with a long term injury:D

Sorry, just keeping it real and honest bro:p

Guess I better exit quick outta here before I get pitchforked by the red devil supporters in here:D

Cheers:)

lacoruna69
04-02-2021, 04:59 PM
1st time most of united's strikers n midfielders got a goal each in the same match with lazy martial getting 2 even :)...the best game for the red devils so far since a similar match years ago under SAF ...well done !!..keep it up n GGMU !

Have to kick myself for deciding not to watch....it is tough when almost every weekday match is at 4am:(

I must say Im surprised by the scoreline. But I guess the 2nd minute red card for Jankewitz seriously rattled Soton.

It is one of those rare matches where every strike turns into goal...lol.
Even James was bemused he scored.

On another note....Jesse Lingard strike twice for the Hammers on his debut in 3-1 win over Villa.
I'm happy for him he found his footing...both assist from M Antonio. Really good sportsmanship from Antonio.

lawro
05-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Man Utd v Everton x-x 2-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55912898

Rickey
05-02-2021, 07:31 PM
Thanks but no need to return the favour bro.

I upz samsters whenever I like what they share and post, that's it.

What I would like though is for United to now go through a sticky patch or at least for Bruno Fernandes to get sidelined with a long term injury:D

Sorry, just keeping it real and honest bro:p

Guess I better exit quick outta here before I get pitchforked by the red devil supporters in here:D

Cheers:)
Oic, then thanks again for yr generous points bro :)

not too sure why pool fans hv so much hatred for the red devils??.. they r actually quite nice guys too like pool players :).. they also went thru a bad patch too not too long ago like pool n most of the other top 6 teams n OGS nearly got his head chopped off..

Rickey
05-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Have to kick myself for deciding not to watch....it is tough when almost every weekday match is at 4am:(

I must say Im surprised by the scoreline. But I guess the 2nd minute red card for Jankewitz seriously rattled Soton.

It is one of those rare matches where every strike turns into goal...lol.
Even James was bemused he scored.

On another note....Jesse Lingard strike twice for the Hammers on his debut in 3-1 win over Villa.
I'm happy for him he found his footing...both assist from M Antonio. Really good sportsmanship from Antonio.
Yalor, how come like that one?? .. all the matches r getting played later n later into the night n early the next morning depriving us fans of sleep :(.. I only manage to see the last part of the match where this poor 2nd soton guy was sent off...

yes, was so unexpected to see them score so many goals for the 1st time since SAF's time in 2012 :).. yah, they made it seem like scoring a goal is so easy

Happy too for Lingard who scored 2 goals for West ham on his debut there on loan from MU.. wonder why he couldn't do the same for the red devils while he was there???... wat was his problem there??.. did OGS loan out the wrong guy??

Rickey
05-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Hope lawro is correct again ;)

JonesKnows
06-02-2021, 09:51 AM
Man Utd v Everton

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12208365/premier-league-predictions-michail-antonio-to-star-in-west-ham-victory-everton-backed-for-win-at-man-utd

charlienicholas
06-02-2021, 09:58 AM

Rickey
06-02-2021, 03:56 PM

I go with lawro, he is usually correct...Hope they keep pace with our noisy neighbours in blue

Rickey
07-02-2021, 07:04 AM
Omg!!...this time Charlie is right as the match just ended a while ago.. it's all square except the scoreline is wrong... Its 3-3 instead of 1-1..:(

Their defence is so bad n costing them the title which otherwise is achievable :(.. can't even defend for the last minute of the game.. they hv such poor defenders like maguire, lindelof, Eric Bally etc, etc always letting in a lot of goals like when they were hit for 6 by JM their ex-manager's spurs recently.. never learn their lesson not to play around with ball casually in their own goal area.. stupid DDG again can't hold the ball properly n let it in twice after they had gone ahead with 2 goals from Cavani n Bruno Fernandes the 2 new wonder boys..:mad:...only good thing is that they r scoring lots of goals nowadays :)...but hard to win the league if they keep on drawing or losing games against the top 6...:(

This one is a very near miss.. shd hv won the match actually n get the 3 points if they can just defend n hang on a minute longer... sigh...let's hope pool n noisy neighbour in blue can do us a favour by holding up each other with a draw too when they meet later tonight..

escobar43535
07-02-2021, 11:19 AM
Oic, then thanks again for yr generous points bro :)

not too sure why pool fans hv so much hatred for the red devils??.. they r actually quite nice guys too like pool players :).. they also went thru a bad patch too not too long ago like pool n most of the other top 6 teams n OGS nearly got his head chopped off..

No worries and you are welcome bro:)

Not too sure how all the bad feelings started between Liverpool and United but guess because both are the biggest and most successful clubs in England perhaps?

Bad luck Fergie time did not work out for Ole last night but have to repeat Bruno Fernandes is your best signing since Fergie retired.

All the best and stay safe bro, same goes to all the other United fans out there :)

Rickey
07-02-2021, 12:38 PM
No worries and you are welcome bro:)

Not too sure how all the bad feelings started between Liverpool and United but guess because both are the biggest and most successful clubs in England perhaps?

Bad luck Fergie time did not work out for Ole last night but have to repeat Bruno Fernandes is your best signing since Fergie retired.

All the best and stay safe bro, same goes to all the other United fans out there :)
Thank u bro for being such a friendly Liverpool fan :)

Yah, most likely it's like wat u said, they are very old clubs in England n traditional rivals for so long already...each always wanting to win the other...anyway, i always feel the better team deserve their win like whenever the red devils lose, i always scold them for being so stupid, careless n useless...haha...never find fault with the winning team or hv any hatred for them...but just hv to blame those MU players on the pitch for being so useless

so now u see, i m scolding them again for drawing early this morning in the game against Everton...a game that was already in their hands to win...but becos of that stupid GK, DDG n his idiotic defenders, they let in the last goal in the last minute of the extra-time, drawing the game instead of winning it...they all deserve to be shipped out to other teams :(...not worthy of putting on and playing with the MU jerseys..

like the way they lost to bottom-team SU last week was a real shame...team at the top lost to team at the bottom all just becos of being over confident n the same old stupid mistake of playing the ball around among themselves in their own penalty area when there are so many opposition players waiting n lurking around to put the ball into their net when they make mistakes or miskick the ball to the opposition players...this guy DDG really needs to be shipped out nowadays hiding behind the skirts of his defenders rather than coming out in command of his goal area to catch the ball or kick the ball far away to safety...sorry bro for ranting my anger against them

as for Bruno Fernandes, agree with you wholeheartedly that he is the Red Devil's best signing so far :)...but he usually scores by taking penalty kicks n however good he is, he alone cannot carry the whole team to win the trophy with his idiotic colleagues at the other end letting in goal after goal while he is trying his best n heart out to score for his team against their opponent at the opposite end :(

All best wishes to you and pool too bro :)...Hope they can at least hold our noisy neighbours in blue if not win them in their game tonight :)

Rickey
08-02-2021, 09:24 PM
Next game is against ex-manager's DM's in-form hammers this wed in the 5th round of the FA Cup ...hope they don't get hammered or clobbered by them..nowadays hv the habit of losing their lead late in the game having to draw or worse end up losing by a 1-goal margin like in the case of SU recently..

In pool's last game against MC, they hv learned the bad habit of DDG n his defenders playing the ball among themselves in their goal area inviting their opponents to put the ball into their net

Rickey
10-02-2021, 12:43 PM
Next game is against ex-manager's DM's in-form hammers this wed in the 5th round of the FA Cup ...hope they don't get hammered or clobbered by them..nowadays hv the habit of losing their lead late in the game having to draw or worse end up losing by a 1-goal margin ..

In pool's last game against MC, they hv learned the bad habit of DDG n his defenders playing the ball among themselves in their goal area inviting their opponents to put the ball into their net
Wow !...wat a late victory for them early this morning, 1-0 :)...a shot in by Scott McTominay in the 97th minute of ET :D...lucky for them the Hammers were quite a tame team last nite not like Everton the other day who went all out to get their equaliser in the last min of ET

This idiot of OGS ought to be shot :mad:...treating this FA cup tie like a joke...win or lose nvm..ought to hv his head chopped off as well....1stly by starting off with just a team of tame fringe players leaving out their best players like Fernandes, Cavani, McTominie, and Luke Shaw for such an impt do or die cup tie :(...leaving them to struggle to pierce their opposition stiff defence with at least a goal...not only for the whole of the 1st half but waited up till the 70th minute even b4 he called on his 2 talisman n wonder boys in to help score at least a goal....and when they did come on, they made a big difference n liven up the others :) who were so lethargic with no idea of breaking the hammers stubborn defence with a good GK that made 2 excellent saves to deny 2 sure goals against them...

the score could hv been 3-0 n no need for ET if this idiot of OGS didn't make it unnecessarily hard for themselves last nite to win by keeping all his best players in cold storage on the bench till late in the 75th minute where there is not much time for his wonder boys to make an impact n score a goal at least...always hear him giving negative talk to the press n to his players that they r not good enough to win the title when clearly they hv the ability to...instead of giving them positive thinking he keep pouring in negative thoughts of no confidence in their minds to win the league crown :mad:..think shd kick him out and replace him with Tuchel of Chelsea who surely can do better than him with this lot of rather good players :)...doesn't know how to inspire confidence in his players

Happy to see GK, DH standing commandingly in between his goal post n the assured performance he gave during the whole duration of the game, coming out many times to either claim the ball directly himself, or kick or palm it away to safety when under enemy attack.. than this coward DDG who always hides behind his defenders waiting just to stop the ball if it comes very near to him.. by that time it would be too late for him to do anything to stop the ball from going in which was shown clearly in the 3-3 draw with Everton just a few days ago, 2 of them due to his mistake n carelessness :( ...OGS shd therefore call DH to guard the goal post for the next few premiership matches n give this coward a rest n make him fight for his place back..if not both of them shd get a kick in their asses

Anyway, glad they r onto the quarter-finals of the cup competition

lacoruna69
11-02-2021, 11:31 AM
Wow !...wat a late victory for them early this morning, 1-0 :)...a shot in by Scott McTominay in the 97th minute of ET :D...lucky for them the Hammers were quite a tame team last nite not like Everton the other day who went all out to get their equaliser in the last min of ET

Anyway, glad they r onto the quarter-finals of the cup competition

Yup, close call....very lucky Hammers was without Antonio...this chap is Man U nemesis.

Once again....without Bruno....the team struggled.

However, I wish to highlight that VDB once again put in a very dismal performance. He is not lazy but seemed just cannot sync out the attack and orchestrate the midfield.
This is worrying for the Red Devils.

The midfield totally lost shape and bite. Only after Bruno and McTom came in, things regain order.

lawro
12-02-2021, 08:41 AM
West Brom v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56019700

Rickey
13-02-2021, 07:29 AM

Hope so... Sam allardyce WBA hv lost to almost every team in the league

JonesKnows
13-02-2021, 08:51 AM
West Brom v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12215033/premier-league-predictions-liverpool-to-get-back-on-track-vs-leicester-man-city-to-edge-past-spurs

charlienicholas
13-02-2021, 09:05 AM

Charlie Prediction: 1-2

Rickey
13-02-2021, 02:37 PM

West Brom v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-3

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12215033/premier-league-predictions-liverpool-to-get-back-on-track-vs-leicester-man-city-to-edge-past-spurs

Charlie Prediction: 1-2
Wow !...for once all 3 pundits r pointing to a MU victory :)...kick their bloody asses if they cannot win

Rickey
15-02-2021, 12:27 AM
Wow !...for once all 3 pundits r pointing to a MU victory :)...kick their bloody asses if they cannot win
So kick their asses we shd all do to OGS n his so called star studded team :(.. couldn't beat another bottom team again n drew 1-1 with WBA in almost the same way they lost to another bottom team SU the other weekend :(.. in fact WBA could hv won the game even had they hv better luck as they nearly scored a few times n DDG saved an almost certain goal

Reason for not winning >>>

1..again the ones who concede the 1st goal when lindelof couldn't stop the opposition player from kicking into his net in the 2nd minute even :eek::(...making them having to work harder to equalise

2...still continuing to pass the ball short to each other near the opposition goal area in an attempt to penetrate their defence when they tried hard n knew they couldn't get thru their solid defence n shd hv taken long speculative shot at goal instead or send high crosses into their goal area to frighten their defenders into panic n making mistakes or even concede penalties... they definitely won't win the title for sure n r not even sure of 2nd position if they continue to stubbornly play this way..

3...1st half no urgency to score a goal until nearly half time n this was even the effort of their wonder boy Bruno Fernandes

Looks like they r becoming draw specialists once again :(...the other day drew 3-3 with Everton... all the 3 pundits predictions were wrong

lacoruna69
17-02-2021, 11:34 AM
Once again....should gather all 3 points...but....:(

In fact, if Mbaye Diagne would have been sharper....WBA could have won.

ilovepantyhose
18-02-2021, 07:02 PM
So kick their asses we shd all do to OGS n his so called star studded team :(.. couldn't beat another bottom team again n drew 1-1 with WBA in almost the same way they lost to another bottom team SU the other weekend :(.. in fact WBA could hv won the game even had they hv better luck as they nearly scored a few times n DDG saved an almost certain goal

Once again....should gather all 3 points...but....:(

In fact, if Mbaye Diagne would have been sharper....WBA could have won.

realistically speaking, this season should finish top 4. we can forget about challenging for the title if we continue to defend like this and the glazers don't invest in a tall and strong DC *haiz*

Rickey
19-02-2021, 06:50 AM
realistically speaking, this season should finish top 4. we can forget about challenging for the title if we continue to defend like this and the glazers don't invest in a tall and strong DC *haiz*
Yes, agreed with u bro... they can't beat their neighbours in blue for the league title anymore due mainly to DDG who lost 5 points for them, n OGS who stupidly stood behind him.. and also because of the rest of the defenders who let in goals so easily n clumsily :(

Rickey
19-02-2021, 06:57 AM
Was a good early morning for them in the Europa league when they thrashed Real sociedad 4-0 :).. but only because they were a weak team..

as usual started off slowly n carelessly n would hv been punished by better n stronger teams.. But their wonder boy Bruno Fernandes did well with 2 goals n the other 2 were scored by Rashford n Daniel James :)...Hope they can at least win this cup if nothing else...only other cup left for them to fight for is the FA Cup

lawro
19-02-2021, 10:21 AM
Man Utd v Newcastle x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56090396

Rickey
20-02-2021, 07:48 AM

Good to know lawro is praising them for a win against Newcastle.:).. and his predictions has been usually correct.. but the problems with these goondos is that whenever they are expected to win, they either lose or draw the match like against SU & WBA...for their own sake hope they buck up n play for their lives like there will be no more tomorrows...

don't start playing the game like old men, so slow n sluggish n concede a goal 1st like they hv been doing in many of the past games...and wasting their time n energy making short passes to each other which r often easily intercepted by opposition players...try speculative shots from far to beat the GK unawares or high ball into their penalty areas to frighten their defenders into making mistakes n conceding penalties.. one of the surest way to win any match

JonesKnows
20-02-2021, 08:44 AM
Man Utd v Newcastle

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12221534/premier-league-predictions-liverpool-to-roar-back-to-form-in-spicy-everton-derby-newcastle-can-get-a-result-at-manchester-united

charlienicholas
20-02-2021, 09:26 AM

Rickey
22-02-2021, 05:05 AM

Good to know lawro is praising them for a win against Newcastle.:).. and his predictions has been usually correct...
Love lawro, his prediction for a Man U win is correct again though the scoreline is wrong.. :).. the scoreline is 3-1 i/o 2-0 in their favour :).. the scorers as usual Rashford, James n wonder boy Bruno Fernandes again thru a penalty ..

Rashford's goal is a gem!... but credit to Steve Bruce's magpies who put up a strong fight back with a goal...glad the Red Devils r keeping their 2nd position in the league table.. keep it up Devils... GGMU!!

Javabeans
25-02-2021, 09:44 AM
Tonight Real Sociedad 2nd leg. Some fringe players should be getting a chance to play. Just hope that the team will not be too complacent and progress to the next round smoothly.

lacoruna69
25-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Yes, agreed with u bro... they can't beat their neighbours in blue for the league title anymore due mainly to DDG who lost 5 points for them, n OGS who stupidly stood behind him.. and also because of the rest of the defenders who let in goals so easily n clumsily :(

This highlight the importance of a reliable DC commanding things at the back. Man City made a fabulous signing in Ruben Dias.
This guy get down to task immediately and was calling the shots at the back like a big boss, despite only there for less than 6 months.
Stones and Laporte had reported great working relationship with this guy.

Once the back is settled, the rest just need to concentrate on getting the goals.

lawro
26-02-2021, 10:02 AM
Chelsea v Man Utd x-x 1-1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56126948

Rickey
26-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Tonight Real Sociedad 2nd leg. Some fringe players should be getting a chance to play. Just hope that the team will not be too complacent and progress to the next round smoothly.
Yes, they did early this morning...but it was not impressive...though they put in a strong team but still couldn't even score a goal...it was 0-0 ..there were 2 near misses though one by wonder boy Fernandes n the other disallowed goal by Tuanzebe...but the only good thing is that their defence of Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailey held out to the end n helped prevented a near goal against them

Rickey
26-02-2021, 06:25 PM

Oh no, why lawro say this time it's a draw...sad :(

JonesKnows
26-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Chelsea v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12227919/premier-league-predictions-raphinha-to-fire-first-at-8-1-in-leeds-win-over-aston-villa

charlienicholas
27-02-2021, 08:41 AM

Charlie prediction: 1-2

Rickey
27-02-2021, 08:44 AM
Charlie prediction: 1-2..Chelsea-Man U
Chelsea v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12227919/premier-league-predictions-raphinha-to-fire-first-at-8-1-in-leeds-win-over-aston-villa
Walao, Jones prediction is even worse :(...all so different...but now love charlie's :)...haha....but they still gotta wake up n buck up if they want to get even 1 trophy...only possibility is the FA Cup & the Europa Cup now both of which there is very strong competition n don't be like last year KO-ed at the semi-final stage...:(

Javabeans
28-02-2021, 10:46 AM
With our current injury list on the midfield area, and a more defensive and ball possession minded Chelsea, it is a high chance to be a draw tonight. To me, it is acceptable though. Lol

Rickey
01-03-2021, 07:57 AM

Oh no, why lawro say this time it's a draw...sad :(
With our current injury list on the midfield area, and a more defensive and ball possession minded Chelsea, it is a high chance to be a draw tonight. To me, it is acceptable though. Lol
And yes, bro javabeans n lawro are spot-on once again of the 3 :)...but as usual the scoreline is wrong...it was goalless 0-0 i/o 1-1...but guess 1 point is better than none at all :)...with Leicester losing this week-end, Red Devils r still in 2nd position 2 points ahead of Leiscester in 3rd :)...but our neighbours in blue r really running away with the title with another hard fought win against DM's spirited West Ham

Javabeans
01-03-2021, 10:56 AM
And yes, bro javabeans n lawro are spot-on once again of the 3 :)...but as usual the scoreline is wrong...it was goalless 0-0 i/o 1-1...but guess 1 point is better than none at all :)...with Leicester losing this week-end, Red Devils r still in 2nd position 2 points ahead of Leiscester in 3rd :)...but our neighbours in blue r really running away with the title with another hard fought win against DM's spirited West Ham

Thanks bro.

The red devils are actually only one point ahead of the foxes. :)

Rickey
02-03-2021, 03:06 AM
Thanks bro.

The red devils are actually only one point ahead of the foxes. :)
You're welcome bro ...

Oh yah, u r right, they r only 1 point ahead of leicester ...thanks for pointing out :)

lawro
02-03-2021, 09:47 AM
Crystal Palace v Man Utd x-x 0-2

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56201347

JonesKnows
03-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Crystal Palace v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12232463/premier-league-predictions-mason-greenwood-to-end-goal-drought-trent-alexander-arnold-to-grab-assist-at-3-1

charlienicholas
03-03-2021, 10:15 AM

Rickey
03-03-2021, 11:24 AM

Crystal Palace v Man Utd

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12232463/premier-league-predictions-mason-greenwood-to-end-goal-drought-trent-alexander-arnold-to-grab-assist-at-3-1

Omg !!...charlie is the odd 1 out again...but at least don't expect to loose n get 1 point at least...love lawro n jones who r for a Man U win :)...but they must not play like a old lady on the field...waiting for a young man to carry her up :p

Rickey
04-03-2021, 07:59 AM
Omg !!...charlie is the odd 1 out again...but at least don't expect to loose n get 1 point at least...love lawro n jones who r for a Man U win :)...but they must not play like a old lady on the field...waiting for a young man to carry her up :p
Omg, they screwed up again...but surprisingly Charlie is right this time but again the scoreline is wrong...it's 0-0 not 1-1..ayam brand drew again with Crystal Palace early this morning, making themselves draw specialists once again.. sigh...

even their 2 new wonder boys also didn't score any thing... how to be champions at the rate they r drawing matches.. OGS head shd be chopped again.. even 2nd place also cannot be sure now :(...like an old lady limping abt on the field...they r really hopeless, chiak liao bee... no skill n trickery to score goals against their opponents even those at the bottom of the table.. :(

asiancigar
04-03-2021, 11:27 AM
Omg, they screwed up again...

how to be champions at the rate they r drawing matches..

OGS head shd be chopped again.. (

Like i said ..... WE WILL NEVER WIN ANY SILVERWARE UNDER OLE AND WOODWARD

lawro
05-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Man City v Man Utd x-x 2-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56243403

Rickey
05-03-2021, 10:43 PM

Alamak, lawro says they pengsan & KO again :(...they hv lost so many points already the last few matches :(....yah, think i agree with him, they stand no chance against the new champions their neighbours in blue by the way they r playing currently ..lose this time they could be kick out of the top 4 :(...Ole n Woodward shd be removed :mad:...for not knowing how to select good players who will make a difference easily on the field n dilly dally on signing them till they r taken away by other teams e.g Sanchos n Haaland etc, etc n not knowing how to inspire his present lame group to wake up n fight for their lives for a place in the top 4...their present group of young n new players from the academy n elsewhere however good they r...r just too new n fresh to the game n will be easily slaughtered by the experienced players of the boys in blue who r all very capable of scoring goals

JonesKnows
06-03-2021, 10:49 AM
Man City v Man Utd

JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 2-0

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12235491/premier-league-predictions-kevin-de-bruyne-can-outshine-invisible-bruno-fernandes-in-derby

charlienicholas
06-03-2021, 10:54 AM

Charlie prediction: 1-3