PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

yinyang
11-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Red Devils 2 Spurs 0

Rickey
11-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Red Devils 2 Spurs 0
Haizz...tink it will end up the same way as the last match against Arsenal in the FA Cup Quarter Final 2 days ago...

Man Utd 1...Spurs 2

Of cos we would love the result to be reversed..United are always able to score at least one goal against their opponents but in return they tend to be hit back by more than 1 goal by their opponents esp good teams like Tottenham...Spurs at the moment hv a prolific goal scorer by the name of Harry Kane who hv scored 20 over goals so far tis season & can cause them a lot of destruction if not watched carefully...best of luck to Red Devils :)...they really need ladyluck to be wif them in every match from now on to the end of season to be in the top 4 of the EPL !...

yinyang
12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Haizz...tink it will end up the same way as the last match against Arsenal
...love the result to be reversed.. need ladyluck to be wif them in every match from now on to the end of season to be in the top 4 of the EPL !...
Devilish optimism. Spurs usually don't have a good record at OT (no stats, just my recollection). :p

AlfianRamli
13-03-2015, 08:35 AM
If Man U can get a good striker :) we will epl next season

SnowLeopards
13-03-2015, 08:20 PM
I was reading Carlo Ancelotti could replace Louis van Gaal as Manchester United boss this summer.

Pierre.

Rickey
13-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Devilish optimism. Spurs usually don't have a good record at OT (no stats, just my recollection). :p
Yes, agreed wif bro yinyang...quite correct, the old record books favour the Red Devils...but lately Spurs hv gotten into form & grown frm strength to strength wif their main marksman, Harry Kane scoring 26 goals tis season...wif Harry, they even thrashed Chelsea, the current league leaders, not so long ago wif a scoreline of 6-2 if i m not mistaken..

wat counts most is current form...under DM, record after record were broken & tis continues today wif the great LVG albeit at a slower pace than DM ...Red Devils are easily intimidated these days unlike during SAF days when they were so feared by all teams...times & fortunes hv changed...sigh

lacoruna69
14-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Yes, agreed wif bro yinyang...quite correct, the old record books favour the Red Devils...but lately Spurs hv gotten into form & grown frm strength to strength wif their main marksman, Harry Kane scoring 26 goals tis season...wif Harry, they even thrashed Chelsea, the current league leaders, not so long ago wif a scoreline of 6-2 if i m not mistaken..

wat counts most is current form...under DM, record after record were broken & tis continues today wif the great LVG albeit at a slower pace than DM ...Red Devils are easily intimidated these days unlike during SAF days when they were so feared by all teams...times & fortunes hv changed...sigh

Yup, unless got someone who can clamp down the red hot Kane....Man U will be lucky to get 1 point from this match.

Falcao had been terribly disappointing....even playing U-21s matches.

Hate to say this, but should look into a Rooney-Wilson partnership.

LVG, stop playing Rooney as a midfield man....put him as an out and out striker. This is his best position.

Vedic
15-03-2015, 08:09 PM
The British Press had published an article about Rooney on the front page.
What a silly move just before the game against Tottenham!

imom
16-03-2015, 12:55 AM
Shocking.... pleasantly so, but still shocking. Completely did not expect 3-0 at half time.

Been some time since I've seen so many players performing 7/10 and above. Carrick, Mata, Fellaini, Young, Blind.... and Rooney's goal was reminiscent of how he burst onto the stage at Euro 2004.

Hope they dun go to sleep in the 2nd half.... and horror of horrors, let Spurs avenge that 5-3 at White Hart Lane all those years back....

imom
19-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Biggest rivalry is MU vs Pool, despite what Chelsea, Arsenal and City might like to think.... and we meet again on Sunday. The 3-0 against Spurs flattered us I think, and Pool will be a totally different proposition at home. Gives me no pleasure to say this, but:

Liverpool 2 : 1 Man Utd

yinyang
19-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Biggest rivalry..Gives me no pleasure to say this, but:
Hope springs eternal:D. Hopefully, players haven't lost their mojos from last week.

So, plumb for draw. With some dutch luck, nick it with 1 goal?:p

Rickey
19-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Biggest rivalry is MU vs Pool, despite what Chelsea, Arsenal and City might like to think.... and we meet again on Sunday. The 3-0 against Spurs flattered us I think, and Pool will be a totally different proposition at home. Gives me no pleasure to say this, but:

Hope springs eternal:D. Hopefully, players haven't lost their mojos from last week.

So, plumb for draw. With some dutch luck, nick it with 1 goal?:p
Tend to agree wif bro imom...the 3-0 win against Spurs few days ago was against a good team at one of its weakest point...All their 11 players were practically non-existent ! :eek:...But Pool is very much different from Tottenham on current form...it will not be so easy to gobble them up !...

Like bro yinyang, I will go for a draw...or each team to win the other by a single solitary goal !..of cos I would prefer the score Man Utd 2 / Liverpool 1...Best of luck to the Red Devils ! :)...hope ladyluck be wif them once again & not desert them !

Johnbass
20-03-2015, 01:19 PM
22-Mar Liverpool 1-1 Man Utd

Huat ah!
:D

Vedic
21-03-2015, 12:15 PM
I have a good feeling about tomorrow's match.
LVG could mastermind a win against our fiercest rivals.
GGMU!

lacoruna69
21-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Surprised with the 3-0 win....:)

But Spurs had been known to have great lapses in defence....as shown in the match against QPR.

Great solo by Rooney...rounded off 2 Spurs players...the goal celebration is epic....lol.

Next stop...Anfield....would be happy with a draw.

kzN32_BL3Hs

Hurricane88
22-03-2015, 01:34 PM
22-Mar Liverpool 1-1 Man Utd

Huat ah!

wow...you sitting on the fence...wish you good luck...:)

Johnbass
22-03-2015, 04:18 PM
wow...you sitting on the fence...wish you good luck...:)

Tiagong LVG will play safe to stay in 4th position...

yinyang
23-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Made the pundits eat their words, as Pool was the favorites to win. Most MU fans were only prepared for draw.

Loves the express Mata mattered. Hatrick if Mata given the penalty instead. And Roon didn't miss the sitter :p

TaoKaeNoi
23-03-2015, 12:22 AM
The win today really made my day!!! Top 4 for man utd :D

Rickey
23-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Like bro yinyang, I will go for a draw...or each team to win the other by a single solitary goal !..of cos I would prefer the score Man Utd 2 / Liverpool 1...Best of luck to the Red Devils ! :)...hope ladyluck be wif them once again & not desert them !

Made the pundits eat their words, as Pool was the favorites to win. Most MU fans were only prepared for draw.

Loves the express Mata mattered. Hatrick if Mata given the penalty instead. And Roon didn't miss the sitter :p
Ooohoo !! Hip, hip, hurray !!..my wishes came thru !! :)...Roon as always will disappoint at the most crucial time when the Red Devils needs him most...cant even get a penalty in ..sigh...yes shd hv given it to Mata instead & tat will be a hattrick for him ! :)...GGMU !!

imom
23-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Ecstatic to be proven wrong.

But had Gerrard not had that moment of madness, it might have been a different story...

Still have City and Chelsea on our fixture list, lots of work to do to secure CL qualification. Just hope they dun do the stupid beat-the-top-teams-lose-to-bottom-teams shit.

lacoruna69
28-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Ecstatic to be proven wrong.

But had Gerrard not had that moment of madness, it might have been a different story...

Still have City and Chelsea on our fixture list, lots of work to do to secure CL qualification. Just hope they dun do the stupid beat-the-top-teams-lose-to-bottom-teams shit.

Stevie G shouldnt had played. It is a highly charged match atmosphere.
As the commentator puts it....it is about controlling your emotions.
A delightful win over our old rivals at their own backyard.

Johnbass
02-04-2015, 06:11 PM
4-Apr Man Utd 2-0 Aston Villa

HUAT ah!

Rickey
03-04-2015, 09:23 PM
4-Apr Man Utd 2-0 Aston Villa

HUAT ah!
I tink it will be....

Red Devils 3...Villa 0

Rickey
05-04-2015, 07:54 AM
I tink it will be....

Red Devils 3...Villa 0
OMG ! ..I nearly got it right last nite ! ..why did DDG slept for a moment n let in the villa goal by Christian benteke :(...fantastic match !!..chances are now very good for a top 4 finish. :) Herrera & Roon are our wonder boys last nite !! ..the Red Devils shd hv sewn up the title by now had they been playing Herrera earlier in the season. If LVG keeps on playing him, Rooney & Mata from now on, I m sure the Red Devils can make it to the top ! ..GGMU !! :)

lacoruna69
05-04-2015, 12:22 PM
OMG ! ..I nearly got it right last nite ! ..why did DDG slept for a moment n let in the villa goal by Christian benteke :(...fantastic match !!..chances are now very good for a top 4 finish. :) Herrera & Roon are our wonder boys last nite !! ..the Red Devils shd hv sewn up the title by now had they been playing Herrera earlier in the season. If LVG keeps on playing him, Rooney & Mata from now on, I m sure the Red Devils can make it to the top ! ..GGMU !! :)

The tempo was broken at the Half Time whistle.
Man U came out looking out of ideas.

I thought Ashley Young played pretty well.
The ref should have given the penalty (add bonus Red card) for Ciaran Clark man-handling of Rooney.

Rooney best position is still all out striker...as he had proven.
Herrara is starting to get into tempo....keeps on playing him....he is an intelligent player who gets into position well n play telling passes.

Good result!

imom
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Classic Rooney for the 2nd goal. Wow. Barely finished celebrating when De Gea uncharacteristically let in that soft goal. Thank god Herrera calmed all the nerves in injury time. I like the recent United - which is like the league-winning United of old, where goals come from all over the team, and not reliant on just the strikers. It is so much more difficult to defend against a whole team.

Rickey
07-04-2015, 11:18 PM
OMG !!..our noisy neighbours, the defending champs lost to Crystal Palace 2-1 ytd morning !

Tink for the coming Manchester Derby, LVG & his Red Devils shdn't hv too much of a problem overcoming them by a goal ! :p

Johnbass
11-04-2015, 08:48 AM
11-Apr Man. Utd 1-1 Man. City

HUAT ah!

SnowLeopards
11-04-2015, 12:09 PM
I expect Manchester City to pull a surprise win.

Pierre.

yinyang
11-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Boo to doom sayers:p

2-0 to home team (red and right side of Manchester)

Johnbass
13-04-2015, 12:53 AM
4-2 good game!
We can overtake Arsenal soon...

machoman
13-04-2015, 02:58 PM
4-2 good game!
We can overtake Arsenal soon...

Full Time Man Utd 4 Man City 2

http://e1.365dm.com/15/04/768x432/man-utd-man-city-head-to-head-rooney-kompany_3287322.jpg?20150408133210

https://youtu.be/L1QXw0uvsMs

machoman
13-04-2015, 06:48 PM
There was a time....when people say...that Man United won't make it.......But we did!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCati_-WYAAtvHX.jpg:large

Rickey
13-04-2015, 09:39 PM
There was a time....when people say...that Man United won't make it.......But we did!!!

What a fantastic result !!...Red Devils hv sank our noisy neighbours 4-2 ! :)...our win was never in doubt, it's only the scoreline !...never expected it to be by tat much !...wif this win, we hv tighten our grip on the top four position & CL football next season ! :)

GGMU !!

SnowLeopards
13-04-2015, 10:01 PM
The team was outstanding.

I was taken by surprise watching United organize and play good soccer.

Carrick and Young dictated the game.

Pierre.

imom
14-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Hope Carrick is fit for remaining games...

Johnbass
14-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Looking forward to Chelsea match this weekend...
But my bookie friend says buy DRAW...
Dunno zhun bo...

matey1982
14-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Draw looks high possibility

If utd win, can still throw spanner in the title race

yinyang
15-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Cheeky dig from both sides of fence, for this weekend do :p

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y525/yypb/Mobile%20Uploads/A6ABA652-1EEA-41D5-B499-FFF562239324_zpsa8mhldjw.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/yypb/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A6ABA652-1EEA-41D5-B499-FFF562239324_zpsa8mhldjw.jpg.html)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y525/yypb/Mobile%20Uploads/EEF6B3FC-4C34-4D0D-BE65-91FD1C5B9ED9_zpsbq4nuupz.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/yypb/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EEF6B3FC-4C34-4D0D-BE65-91FD1C5B9ED9_zpsbq4nuupz.jpg.html)

Rickey
15-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Draw looks high possibility

If utd win, can still throw spanner in the title race

Dunno zhun bo...
Yes, tink so too...Chelski are league leaders now & they are much stronger than our blue neighbours wif many good goalscorers !...if Red Devils tries hard enough like they did the last few matches, they could win by a 1-goal margin !..tat being the case, the scoreline could read...Man Utd 2...Chelski 1

imom
16-04-2015, 03:26 PM
I have been proven wrong with predictions of wins for the opposition in the last few games....

But sadly, I think I may be finally proven right for the Chelsea match. At best a draw I think. Chelsea is winning ugly at the moment, but still winning. Mark of champions.

It would take MU's best form + off-day for Chelsea for us to win.

2-1 to Chelsea.

*secretly hoping to be the next cartoon character in the above post, spewing food at shock win*

Johnbass
18-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Daley Blind has not recovered from a kick to the ankle by Vincent Kompany in last weekend's Manchester derby and Michael Carrick has not overcome the calf problem he sustained in the 4-2 win.

That means Rooney could have to drop back into the deep midfield position where he was controversially placed earlier this season.

GG liao lor if Rooney plays midfield...
Can go hoot DRAW liao...

lacoruna69
18-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Going to be a tough match.

For this season, my main target is for Man U to get back to UCL.
I still think they are trying to gel n find that winning formula n mentality.
The match against City was kind of dodgy at times.
We won mainly because Toure n Kompany was too lazy.

We need a commanding centre back who can reads the game n dictate play from the back. Smalling is intelligent but he still prone to errors.
I think he can blossom if given time.

Midfield mainly is dependent on Carrick n Felliani.

I would like to see Mata scoring against his old team.:D

KatongCowboy
18-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Dunno zhun bo...

My neighborhood kopitiam bookie also tell others 80% sure draw game, but privately he tells me MU gonna win this game.
Chelsea is toothless and does not have the cutting edge as Costa & Remy are both out of this game. So they have to depend on the remaining striker which is the underperforming half-fit Drogba. Unless their midfielders can chip in with goals, JM is gonna park the double decker bus in the home ground.
LvG has been making MU practice having 5 of his midfield/strikers attacking 7 players forming 2 lines of defence packed inside the final third. So expect MU to at breach the DD bus at least once. :D

I am going for a 1-nil win to the Red Devils. :)

Johnbass
19-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Wasted lah...
Today cannot wear my Man Utd jersey out to haolian...

lacoruna69
19-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I am going for a 1-nil win to the Red Devils. :)

Unfortunately, it is reverse....:(

Wasted lah...
Today cannot wear my Man Utd jersey out to haolian...

When I see the team list...i know we are not going to win.

Falcao's form is atrocious recently....why play him?
Why move Rooney to the middle park again??
His best position is out n out striker.
He had proven that in the past few matches.
LVG got this one wrong again.

Rickey
20-04-2015, 06:57 AM
When I see the team list...i know we are not going to win.

Falcao's form is atrocious recently....why play him?
Why move Rooney to the middle park again??
His best position is out n out striker.
He had proven that in the past few matches.
LVG got this one wrong again.
According to espn reports, the Red Devils played rather well except for Falcao whose 'little' mistake of being robbed of the ball & tat of Smalling led to the ball being given to Hazard who subsequently put it into the net...but o/w a good & strong performance overall from Red Devils, they din deserve to lose :(...except for their midfield which was a little stifled by the blue guys...LVG had to make a little changes cos of injuries to Blind & another impt player (cant rmbr who now) who couldn't play ...youngster Paddy McNair it seemed played very well & fearlessly against senior blue players !

my prediction is somewat correct...either team will win/lose by a 1 goal margin...unfortunately ladyluck was not on Red Devils side this time...sigh...the score...Chelsea 1, Man Utd 0

Vedic
20-04-2015, 02:07 PM
LVG should allow Falcao to leave the club.
Rooney should be deployed in the forward line-up which is his preferred position.
He is a natural goal scorer and the goals will come in with the assistance of Mata, Young and Di Maria.

RVP time is up too.

The club is certain to qualify for Champions League which I believe is a great achievement for LVG.
I expect the club to compete for the EPL title next season.

GGMU!

lacoruna69
23-04-2015, 12:14 AM
According to espn reports, the Red Devils played rather well except for Falcao whose 'little' mistake of being robbed of the ball & tat of Smalling led to the ball being given to Hazard who subsequently put it into the net...but o/w a good & strong performance overall from Red Devils, they din deserve to lose :(...except for their midfield which was a little stifled by the blue guys...LVG had to make a little changes cos of injuries to Blind & another impt player (cant rmbr who now) who couldn't play ...youngster Paddy McNair it seemed played very well & fearlessly against senior blue players !

Well.....they do enjoy some good moments earlier on in the match....until the Hazard goal.
Fellaini was silenced by Kurt Zouma.....
With Rooney playing deep....they lack a cutting edge upfront.
Falcao was largely ineffective....again.
I just felt they could have tested Courtois a bit more.

lacoruna69
23-04-2015, 12:16 AM
LVG should allow Falcao to leave the club.
Rooney should be deployed in the forward line-up which is his preferred position.
He is a natural goal scorer and the goals will come in with the assistance of Mata, Young and Di Maria.

RVP time is up too.

The club is certain to qualify for Champions League which I believe is a great achievement for LVG.
I expect the club to compete for the EPL title next season.

GGMU!

Dont forget Herrera too.:)

Nothing is certain until the final match.
They need to keep up the momentum.

SnowLeopards
25-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Good to know LVG has been linked with bringing quality players to United.

Interesting 2015 / 2016 season awaits.

Pierre.

machoman
25-04-2015, 02:31 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/vifrtk.jpg

Rickey
26-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Tonite's match against Everton ! :D

Tink the Red Devils can win by a 1-goal margin at least ! :)

Johnbass
26-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Farking Serious...
2-0 down...
:eek:

FunnyHippo
26-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Heng ah...
Mine still got chance.

Tiagong later I phone LVG to chu power.
MU FTW!

JohnbassIV
26-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Heng ah...
Mine still got chance.

Tiagong later I phone LVG to chu power.
MU FTW!

I think LVG listened to you.

Falcao is on. :eek:

FunnyHippo
26-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I think LVG listened to you.

Falcao is on. :eek:

Wait for Di Maria!
Coming soon...

yinyang
26-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Disaster. All 3 goals were avoidable (as BBC commented). What's the point of possession again (2nd time lost).

And Pool can close in, with only -4 if they beat Hull next

escobar43535
27-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Putting aside partisanship and talking as a pure admirer of top class football, interested to hear from United fans on their views viz Fergie's comments below:

Ronaldo, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs are the three best players I ever had. Bryan Robson, Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were great players, too, but not of their level.

yinyang
27-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Ronaldo, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs are the three best players I ever had. Bryan Robson, Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were great players, too, but not of their level.
Ronaldo yes. Bryan Robson (Capt Marvel) and definitely Eric Cantona. Cantona was a legend, and could change game:p

Rickey
28-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Putting aside partisanship and talking as a pure admirer of top class football, interested to hear from United fans on their views viz Fergie's comments below:

SAF is one of the greatest MU managers ever !...but his comments & views are sometimes quite controversial & are purely his own views...For me I tink its Ronaldo, Cantona & B. Robson...:)...Hope tis helps bro escobar43535...

achu
29-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Ronaldo, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs are the three best players I ever had. Bryan Robson, Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were great players, too, but not of their level.[/QUOTE]

To me all 6 players are fantastic players during their time with the club..of course each has their strengths which I don't think it is fair to say one is better than the other. SAF saying these probably to get attention, guess he miss the good old days where he get all the media attention.

escobar43535
29-04-2015, 09:52 AM
SAF is one of the greatest MU managers ever !...but his comments & views are sometimes quite controversial & are purely his own views...For me I tink its Ronaldo, Cantona & B. Robson...:)...Hope tis helps bro escobar43535...

Ronaldo yes. Bryan Robson (Capt Marvel) and definitely Eric Cantona. Cantona was a legend, and could change game:p

I tend to agree with the both you. Think Fergie may be biased against Robson because he did not originally sign him and may be he was abit peeved with Cantona for retiring too soon perhaps? Personally I would also include Keane, again think Fergie biased against him for obvious reasons.

mr_missile
30-04-2015, 09:37 AM

my humble 2 cents :

robson was already on the slide down when fergie turned to his fledgings of giggs, scholes, beckham, the neville bros and butt to form the spine of his title winning team in the early 90s. so not surprised that he named scholes and giggs as 2 of the 3 best players he worked with.

SAF obviously counts loyalty (to him) as a major factor in his decision. thereby excluding keane (and beckham) in the top 3.

king cantona was definitely the game-changer. he was the final piece of jigsaw to the team which brought the title back to United. but as a bro mentioned earlier, his early retirement may have cost him some brownie points in SAF's eyes.

ronaldo. signed by SAF. groomed by him and is a multi-time winner of the ballon d'or. enough said. :)

mr_missile
30-04-2015, 09:41 AM

luckily pool also screw up against hull city. still 7 pts ahead with 4 games to go.

chelski has literally got the title sewn up with their win at leicester last night. so the "fight" is on for 2nd place between city, arsenal and hopefully united. :D

lacoruna69
01-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Disaster. All 3 goals were avoidable (as BBC commented). What's the point of possession again (2nd time lost).

They are slow.....just look at Everton....their break away counter is lightning speed. McNair , Smalling caught off guard.
United players get the ball....stroke around.....n thats that.:mad:
Tim Howard hardly tested.
A match Everton fully deserved to win.

luckily pool also screw up against hull city. still 7 pts ahead with 4 games to go.

chelski has literally got the title sewn up with their win at leicester last night. so the "fight" is on for 2nd place between city, arsenal and hopefully united. :D

Hull City really did us a big favor.

Next up against WBA.....Hope the boys wake up n put on a good show in front of their home fans.

Rickey
03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
They are slow.....just look at Everton....their break away counter is lightning speed. McNair , Smalling caught off guard.
United players get the ball....stroke around.....n thats that.:mad:
Tim Howard hardly tested.
A match Everton fully deserved to win.

Hull City really did us a big favor.

Next up against WBA.....Hope the boys wake up n put on a good show in front of their home fans.
Sigh...dun tink now LVG & his star-studded 150 pds team of boys are gonna make it to Champions League next season...losing to a mid-table team like WBA...0-1...last nite...

Our arch-rival Pool is now almost rite behind them (with their win over QPR) & they hv to face at least 2 more teams of big boys in the remaining few matches...How come they suddenly fall back & apart so badly again ??..the worst performance was the last match against another team of boys in blue, Everton, when they were thrashed 3-0 :eek:..issit cos there were one or 2 ex-evertonians players in the Devils team tat they had no motivation to win the match against their former team or issit their ex-teamates made it very difficult for them..Oh wat a shame...wats the use of possession football when you can't even put the ball into the net at least once..:(..in the last 3 games of back-to-back defeats, they din even put in 1 goal into the opposition net...RVP cant even score the penalty last nite :(...tis is definitely not a sign of championship material imho...sigh

imom
03-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Hope Carrick is fit for remaining games...

...How come they suddenly fall back & apart so badly again ??..

I already had a bad feeling following Carrick's knock way back during the City match - see my comment immediately following the match. He brings stability to the middle of the park, can thread that killer pass as well as knows how to protect his defence. He also frees up Rooney to wreak havoc up front. Rooney may not score every match but his mere presence unsettles opposition defences and his team mates can capitalise. Without Carrick the team loses out in every area of the pitch. The stats are telling - MU averages 1.3pts (prob less now with the 3 straight losses) when Carrick's not playing, 2.3 when he is playing. Hope we can sign a reliable, less injury-prone successor in the summer.

FunnyHippo
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Gerrard missed a penalty yesterday and is Farking off to USA.
RVP also missed a penalty and should Fark off to the USA.
JiBye lah this LVG...
Now Liverpool 4 points behind.

Rickey
04-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Gerrard missed a penalty yesterday and is Farking off to USA.
RVP also missed a penalty and should Fark off to the USA.
JiBye lah this LVG...
Now Liverpool 4 points behind.

Eden Hazard of Chelsea oso missed a penalty ytd...but like SG of Pool, the 2 of them went on to score a goal each later on in their respective games !...but not RVP...sigh...omg !..why hv ladyluck deserted Red Devils again when she is needed most at tis end of the season :(

Their last 3 games is against the Gunners, Crystal Palace & Hull b4 curtains down...chances are if they continue to play tis way w/o Carrick, they will end up losing all the 3 games as well...Crystal Palace under Alan Pardew & Hull under Steve Bruce (former United boy) are no pushovers...if so, it can be 6 back-to-back defeats, the most unpleasant record for the Red Devils ever in their history...tat oso means effectively the players hv closed shop for tis season & are taking their holiday in advance, Lols...

Lets hope & pray, tis won't be the case...tat they will all suddenly wake up on the pitch & come to their senses & pride of wearing the red jersey shirt of a Red Devil..tat they hv to play to win, hv the guts & determination to succeed like their predecessors in past glorious teams, despite all obstacles put in their way & finding a way thru' to teams "parking their bus" in front of goal, a thing which shd not be new to professional footballers & their managers :)

FunnyHippo
05-05-2015, 01:01 AM
LVG is fed up with MU squad especially with Di Maria.
JiBye... 60m player play like 6m player.
I think MU will qualify for the CL.

Tiagong the TV revenue for CL has increased.
Once MU qualify for the CL... Time to bring CR7 home!

Johnbass
08-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Memphis Depay: Manchester United sign Dutch forward

Tiagong next season we win liao lor...

lacoruna69
09-05-2015, 04:24 PM
...How come they suddenly fall back & apart so badly again ??..the worst performance was the last match against another team of boys in blue, Everton, when they were thrashed 3-0 :eek:..issit cos there were one or 2 ex-evertonians players in the Devils team tat they had no motivation to win the match against their former team or issit their ex-teamates made it very difficult for them..

IIRC they just went back to their original possession play initially under LVG.
Once reach the 20 yard line....suddenly foot off the pedal and start stroking the ball up n down.
Let the opponents have a chance to regroup n anticipate any attack.
Any team in EPL who plays like that definitely will lose.

You need to RUN at the defenders!!!
Go in....pull them out of positions!!!

I have been watching Man U play since Robson days...and they dont play this kind of style.
The Man U I watched who is always winning matches dun play this kind of possession stroke ball style.

imom
09-05-2015, 09:15 PM
...I have been watching Man U play since Robson days...

You reminded me of how Capt Marvel made me a United fan....

https://youtu.be/RbUq1-l1Z-c?t=52s

lacoruna69
10-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Should have ended 1-1....or gone either way...but delighted it was 2-1 and Fellaini combined well with Young's pass.
This is exact carbon copy of the goal he scored against Man City.

To be frank, the only inventive player on field I think was Young.

This is bad, the commentator echoed what I had harping all along.
"Man U need someone inventive and who can run at the defence!!"

4th place should be sewn up.

Hope the introduction of Memphis Depay will inject more speed n penetrative play.

FunnyHippo
11-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Tiagong CL is almost confirmed...
HUAT ah!

mr_missile
11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
4th place should be sewn up.

Hope the introduction of Memphis Depay will inject more speed n penetrative play.

yes, 4th should be ours as we have a much better goal difference than pool.

depay is a welcome addition. we definitely lacked creativity and pace in our attacks. young tries. di maria? he's been sulking lately. seems like he's looking to leave.

we need a RB, CB and a CM. clyne, hummels and gundogan would do nicely. :)

Rickey
11-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Should have ended 1-1....or gone either way...but delighted it was 2-1 and Fellaini combined well with Young's pass.
This is exact carbon copy of the goal he scored against Man City.

To be frank, the only inventive player on field I think was Young.

Yes, agreed wif bro lacoruna69 !..ladyluck came back smiling @ them once again :)...MU's 2nd goal was really fortuitous...o/w it's likely a draw or even another loss...there was even a call for a penalty against Mata i tink by CP players !...so the win was really luck but not by convincingly strong play as reported by some espn commentators...was one 1 mistake made by CP which they were able to capitalise on...yes, they had put in more effort this time round but won only cos luck was wif them once again !...GGMU !!

Johnbass
17-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Man Utd: 1-0
Arsenal: 0 shots in 1st half

Huat Liao lor!

FunnyHippo
18-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Fuck lah this Blackett...

lacoruna69
18-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Last night match looks like some kind of conspiracy.....
Seemed like both managers just wanted a draw.:D

With Falcao n de Gea waving to the crowd....looks like both are set to leave the club....

Vedic
18-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Our strike force is terrible.
De Gea can leave if his head is turned by Real Madrid.

MoJoe313
18-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Haven't been following my Manu for a while. How come nowadays the names so funny? A Smalling who is so big. A Blind player who can see well. A Blackett who is really black. A police Mata on the field. And how come Van Persie is scoring against Arsenal?!

Alice111
18-05-2015, 07:25 PM
ManU good ah

lacoruna69
18-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Our strike force is terrible.
De Gea can leave if his head is turned by Real Madrid.

We only have a true goal scorer in Rooney.
LVG likes to play him in midfield at times which to me, is more harm than good.
RVP should follow Gerrard to US. His heydays are behind him.

Haven't been following my Manu for a while. How come nowadays the names so funny? A Smalling who is so big. A Blind player who can see well. A Blackett who is really black. A police Mata on the field. And how come Van Persie is scoring against Arsenal?!

Guess you had been out of touch with Man U for at least 2-3 years.....:p

Johnbass
20-05-2015, 08:35 PM
JUAN MATA - Goal of the Season 2015

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTG1K5eWSuU

FunnyHippo
21-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Tiagong LVG went and knocked on our fiercest rival's door.

Manchester United have made a sensational attempt to capitalise on Raheem Sterling’s contract stand-off with Liverpool by registering their interest in the wantaway England international.

mr_missile
23-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Tiagong LVG went and knocked on our fiercest rival's door.

lol. does united need sterling when we've just bought depay? and we still have di maria and young with us?

if LVG really enquired about sterling, is probably just trying to tease pool lah. after all, we are the ones who will be in the champs league next year. pool can get getting ready to tune to their fave channel 5 on thursday nights for the europa league. :D:D

Johnbass
23-05-2015, 04:05 PM
lol. does united need sterling when we've just bought depay? and we still have di maria and young with us?

if LVG really enquired about sterling, is probably just trying to tease pool lah. after all, we are the ones who will be in the champs league next year. pool can get getting ready to tune to their fave channel 5 on thursday nights for the europa league. :D:D

Tiagong Sterling and Agent tio bait by LVG liao...

Liverpool cancelled a meeting scheduled with Ward for Friday, when Sterling’s desire for a transfer was expected to be confirmed, after the player’s agent allegedly told the London Evening Standard his client would not sign a new contract at Anfield even for £900,000 a week.

Rodgers followed the club’s stance by reiterating he expects the 20-year-old to see out the final two years of his £35,000-a-week deal should no extension be signed this summer.

“It is pretty clear where it’s at,” he said of the contract stand-off. “He has two years left and I expect him to honour it.”

lacoruna69
23-05-2015, 04:06 PM

Yup....I think LVG should concentrate on getting a commanding CB and CM.
And a goal poacher.

We got more than enough wingers.

imom
23-05-2015, 07:45 PM
And we should be looking for a goalie too.

Vedic
23-05-2015, 08:22 PM
LVG should sell Di Maria.
He is not focused in Manchester after his house was broken into.
He is a talented footballer and the earlier games showed his worthiness.

We need to strengthen the back and front.
Midfield is good as there is Blind, Fellaini, Herrera, Young, Mata and Depay.

We don't need Sterling.

Rickey
23-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Lol..Are Red Devils already in the champions league next season ?? :confused:..tot 4th place finish needs to go for a play-off to determine who gets in...not automatic qualification..if i m not wrong

imom
24-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Geez.... looking at Valdes' performance today, if DDG goes in the summer and we can't get a top-drawer replacement, we are in big trouble.

lacoruna69
25-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Geez.... looking at Valdes' performance today, if DDG goes in the summer and we can't get a top-drawer replacement, we are in big trouble.

Valdes is over the hill when he arrived at Old Trafford.
But knowing LVG, I believed he will let him play some more matches before deciding.:D

FunnyHippo
25-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Falcao is going back to Monaco.
Huat ah!

Manchester United have confirmed Radamel Falcao will return to AS Monaco following his season-long loan spell with the club.

mr_missile
25-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Lol..Are Red Devils already in the champions league next season ?? :confused:..tot 4th place finish needs to go for a play-off to determine who gets in...not automatic qualification..if i m not wrong

u are absolutely right bro if u mean automatic qualification to the champions league proper. but technically speaking, we have qualified for the champions league. that's what it means by finishing in the top 4 in the BPL. :)

mr_missile
25-05-2015, 09:28 PM

valdes did make a few good saves. guess he may be a little bit rusty lah. :D

Rickey
26-05-2015, 06:18 AM
u are absolutely right bro if u mean automatic qualification to the champions league proper. but technically speaking, we have qualified for the champions league. that's what it means by finishing in the top 4 in the BPL. :)
Lol, no wonder DDG still doesn't wanna continue to sign on for Red Devils till they are actually in Champions League next season...sigh

kennethlee
26-05-2015, 07:47 AM

Only the top 3 teams in the EPL automatically qualified for the Champions League.

Vedic
26-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Lol, no wonder DDG still doesn't wanna continue to sign on for Red Devils till they are actually in Champions League next season...sigh

He should stay in Man Utd as he has the potential to become a legend.

Andoo
26-05-2015, 06:23 PM

yah same like liverfool sterlin, knowing liverfool can't afford to but air ticket to champion league, refused to sign. He is right, no point staying at a club that kena screwed 6 holes by Stoke.

Rickey
01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Strange !..Man Utd is 4th in EPL but it seems they are already in the Champions League ! :)...no play-off needed ?? :confused:...very confusing leh

imom
01-06-2015, 02:38 PM
There are 3 qualifying rounds, followed by a play-off round, before the group stages in the Champions League.

The top 3 leagues (according to their country coefficients), will have the privilege of sending their 4th placed teams directly into the play-off round.

England is ranked no.2, so yes - the Red Devils will have to play-off. Draw for this round is on 7 Aug I believe. First legs on 18/19 Aug, second legs on 25/26 Aug.

Vedic
01-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Strange !..Man Utd is 4th in EPL but it seems they are already in the Champions League ! :)...no play-off needed ?? :confused:...very confusing leh

Man Utd will be in the UEFA Champions League play-off stage and if the team wins, they will progress to group stage.
If they lose, they will go to the UEFA Europa League play-off.

Only the first 3 teams, in this case, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal will move directly into the UEFA Champions League group stage

Rickey
01-06-2015, 07:36 PM
There are 3 qualifying rounds, followed by a play-off round, before the group stages in the Champions League.

The top 3 leagues (according to their country coefficients), will have the privilege of sending their 4th placed teams directly into the play-off round.

England is ranked no.2, so yes - the Red Devils will have to play-off. Draw for this round is on 7 Aug I believe. First legs on 18/19 Aug, second legs on 25/26 Aug.

Man Utd will be in the UEFA Champions League play-off stage and if the team wins, they will progress to group stage. If they lose, they will go to the UEFA Europa League play-off.

Only the first 3 teams, in this case, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal will move directly into the UEFA Champions League group stage
T.Q. v. much to bros imom & Vedic for the clear explanations as to whether MU is in the Champions League already or not ! :)

Vedic
08-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Looks like LVG is set to lose David De Gea to RM. :(

Zenpaki
12-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Looks like LVG is set to lose David De Gea to RM. :(

I rather a player goes if his heart is no longer with the club. Too bad for us that he is a great player.. but we will go on w/o him

Johnbass
17-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Tiagong Kawaga says Izwan Mahbud can take over David De Gea...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/photo/2015/0616/fc_Izwan-Mahbud-action-Singapore-vs-Japan-World-Cup-Qualifier-June-2015_an_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

Andoo
19-06-2015, 02:50 AM
Tiagong Kawaga says Izwan Mahbud can take over David De Gea...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/photo/2015/0616/fc_Izwan-Mahbud-action-Singapore-vs-Japan-World-Cup-Qualifier-June-2015_an_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

No one can take Izwan Mahbud from us.............he only want liverfool because it is the best club in the world, with the current world best head coach and that person is ME!

Johnbass
30-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Petr Cech seals £10m Arsenal move and tweets goodbye to Chelsea fans

Why didn't MANU sign Peter Cech? Wasted lah...

Vedic
03-07-2015, 03:44 PM
David de Gea sage is not resolved.

Johnbass
04-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Hope MU find some good strikers soon...
:cool:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/04/robin-van-persie-transfer-manchester-united-fenerbahce

Manchester United’s Robin van Persie agrees personal terms with Fenerbahce

FunnyHippo
13-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Soon MU can welcome Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin to Old Trafford!

imom
14-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Otamendi and a striker (Cavani seems to be the latest rumour) will do nicely. Then give them a season to gel. Dun expect too much for the coming season.

lacoruna69
18-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Welcome Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian !!

Midfield looks extremely packed now. :D

imom
18-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Watched a bit of the match against Club America. A bit sluggish, as can be expected of a first match. Schweinsteiger looked solid in midfield. Depay looked good too, Schneiderlin scored and Damian made a crucial interception.

Then again, this is pre-season and one can't read much from it. Remember how well we did in pre-season last year (beating Pool and RM) and struggled when the season started...

Still, optimistic that Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin can provide a solid anchor in midfield to build on. Give them a season to gel and hopefully challenge for title next season.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2015/Jul/Manchester-United-vs-Club-America-match-report-17-july-2015.aspx

SnowLeopards
21-07-2015, 02:38 PM
I wonder who is that mysterious striker Louis is chasing.

By the way, this lad speaks too much about his philosophy.

Pierre.

imom
21-07-2015, 05:39 PM
I wonder who is that mysterious striker Louis is chasing...

The media now thinks it is Thomas Muller. But highly unlikely that Bayern will give up their crown jewel after losing Schweinsteiger. The Cavani scenario seems more likely if rumours of Di Maria to PSG are true.

SnowLeopards
22-07-2015, 01:56 AM
The media now thinks it is Thomas Muller. But highly unlikely that Bayern will give up their crown jewel after losing Schweinsteiger. The Cavani scenario seems more likely if rumours of Di Maria to PSG are true.

Lacazette is the man.

Pierre.

Vedic
22-07-2015, 03:54 PM

It is a striker the media has never associated Man Utd with.
Cavani and Muller have been written about many times.

escobar43535
23-07-2015, 04:08 PM
It is a striker the media has never associated Man Utd with.
Cavani and Muller have been written about many times.

Bookies make it 5-1 that it may be Ibra!

lacoruna69
02-08-2015, 02:18 PM
It will be interesting to see how Falcao fares for Chelsea.

Stay tune for Community Shield tonite!

mr_missile
04-08-2015, 11:46 AM

i am hoping that the man would be Bale. :D

yinyang
04-08-2015, 12:37 PM
?.. hoping that the man would be Bale. :D
Rumour mill had LVG 2X bidding gbp100 for Bale. Unsure if he's that worth the mullah.:p

New kit

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y525/yypb/Mobile%20Uploads/7824C170-C43F-4566-B839-A41602C1C7AC_zps8obanqy3.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/yypb/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7824C170-C43F-4566-B839-A41602C1C7AC_zps8obanqy3.jpg.html)

imom
04-08-2015, 02:28 PM
The Pedro rumours are gathering steam again. I'd rather have 4 x Pedro for 100M.

yinyang
04-08-2015, 02:47 PM
The Pedro rumours are gathering steam again. I'd rather have 4 x Pedro for 100M.
Your wish might come true over next 48hrs. If the rumour mill's right :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-complete-20m-pedro-6187558

imom
04-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Your wish might come true over next 48hrs. If the rumour mill's right...

Well my wish is 4 x Pedro, which is impossible.... :D

But ok, I'll settle for one.

Johnbass
07-08-2015, 10:43 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33816902

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea will not play against Tottenham on Saturday as he continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid.

New signing Sergio Romero is likely to start the Premier League season-opener.

Angel Di Maria has written an open letter to United supporters, following his £44.3m move to Paris St-Germain.

Red Devils winger Ashley Young has signed a new deal until 2018, with the option of a further year.

New signing Bastian Schweinsteiger will not play against Spurs, with Van Gaal saying he lacks match fitness.

Argentina defender Marcos Rojo is also not expected to start against Spurs.

Doesn't look promising for our 1st match...

lacoruna69
08-08-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33816902

Doesn't look promising for our 1st match...

Nonetheless....will still watch.
It's an early match. 7.45PM SG Time.
Im excited about Depay. Hope he starts.

After 3 months of starvation, EPL is back again. :D

Johnbass
08-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Nonetheless....will still watch.
It's an early match. 7.45PM SG Time.
Im excited about Depay. Hope he starts.

After 3 months of starvation, EPL is back again. :D

Hope MANU FTW 2-1!
So early I'm still outside celebrating SG50 lor...

Johnbass
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Own goal is better than no goal...
MANU FTW!

lacoruna69
09-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Own goal is better than no goal...
MANU FTW!

Happy we start off with a win. But the worrying part is there's not much improvement comparing last season.
Not much penetrative play.

Depay.....i expect bigger things....but not much spark.
Rooney.....is he getting old?
Blind.....fail badly as LB.
The 2 new signings....with too long surname i too lazy to type.....pretty ordinary.

Darmian....this one is my MOTM. Very confident n composed.
Romero....started off like schoolboy...but regain composure with a few good saves at the last part.
Herrera....his vision n position is no question....why LVG didnt put him on earlier?
Smalling....another composed performance. I like the way he play....no bells n whistle...just old fashion defending as CB.

Is it time to give some leg work to Chicharito? He is one of my fav player.

SnowLeopards
09-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Certainly the team does not deserve the 3 points.

Terrible performance on Home ground and Tottenham played really well.

Pierre.

lacoruna69
10-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Certainly the team does not deserve the 3 points.

Terrible performance on Home ground and Tottenham played really well.

Pierre.

Sometimes, the better team might not win.
Spurs was terribly unlucky to lose.
But, to be fair, Kane wasn't up to par either.

3 points is certainly better than 1 or worst zero pts.

First EPL game, I always expect the top guns to struggle abit.
Man U / Pool - narrow uninspiring 1-0 win.
Chelsea - Held at home by Swansea. GK sent off.
Arsenal - Lost at home to West Ham.
Man C - playing away to WBA tmr morning.

lacoruna69
15-08-2015, 04:42 AM
2 wins out of 2.

Villa 0 - 1 Man U.

Largely boring uninspiring game.
Moment of brilliance came in the first half with Januzaj scoring what turns out to be the winning goal.

Rooney had a bad game and looks extremely lethargic.

Depay....another lousy game.

Should LVG played Januzaj more??

FunnyHippo
15-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Give this Depay number 7 for Fark?
Before the season start talk machiam like got wind...
Now play like Johnbass' pantat...

:mad:

Johnbass
15-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Wasted sia...
My bookie friend SIC me 0-1 but I never buy...

lacoruna69
16-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Give this Depay number 7 for Fark?
Before the season start talk machiam like got wind...
Now play like Johnbass' pantat...

Jinxed by di Maria......
A real disgrace to George Best, Bryan Robson, King Cantona, Beckham n C Ronaldo.......

imom
16-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Haha give Memphis a season or two lah. CR7 also did not perform consistently till 3rd season or so. King Eric had already won the title with Leeds prior to joining, Robson/Beckham grew up with English football. I'd rather the new No.7 grow into the English game than start with a bang and then fizzle out alarmingly after being burgled. :P

Well the saying goes that the hallmark of champions is if you can play badly and still grind out the wins. Hopefully the defence can keep up the good work. Clean sheets are always a good foundation.

badboynani17
16-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Haha give Memphis a season or two lah. CR7 also did not perform consistently till 3rd season or so. King Eric had already won the title with Leeds prior to joining, Robson/Beckham grew up with English football. I'd rather the new No.7 grow into the English game than start with a bang and then fizzle out alarmingly after being burgled. :P

Well the saying goes that the hallmark of champions is if you can play badly and still grind out the wins. Hopefully the defence can keep up the good work. Clean sheets are always a good foundation.

Well said brudder... These new signings definitely need more time to adapt to the English league. Let's be patient and support our favourite team!

Glory Glory Man Utd!!

imom
16-08-2015, 04:27 PM
I just wished they would sort out the transfers quickly. Pedro, Otamendi and DDG. Unbelievable that they would pay 59mil for Di Maria, then haggle over a couple of million for Pedro.

mr_missile
17-08-2015, 12:28 PM
I just wished they would sort out the transfers quickly. Pedro, Otamendi and DDG. Unbelievable that they would pay 59mil for Di Maria, then haggle over a couple of million for Pedro.

agree totally with u over pedro.
rooney is definitely very sluggish at the moment. depay not firing yet. so with pedro on board makes absolute sense. fark those couple of million pounds lah. just activate the damn release clause and get us the man.
otamendi is now rumoured to about to sign for the citizens. is LVG really going to depend on blind at CB? doubt he can handle those rough and tough strikers like lukaku and benteke.
DDG? i hope his situation can be resolved soon so the team can just get down to business. while it is admirable that united is standing firm on his fee, we should issue an official statement on this and not let the press have a field day reporting that he's been banished to the reserves etc....definitely not a good reflection on the club.

imom
19-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Otamendi on brink of signing for City, Pedro to be 'stolen' from under Utd's noses by Chelsea.

Sack that moron Woodward lah.

lacoruna69
19-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Memphis Depay finally shows his worth in the club brugge match.
His first goal was simply amazing.....

Vedic
20-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Otamendi on brink of signing for City, Pedro to be 'stolen' from under Utd's noses by Chelsea.

Such a disappointment. :(
Now we are looking at Sadio Mane.

imom
20-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Memphis Depay finally shows his worth in the club brugge match.
His first goal was simply amazing.....

Second goal was a scorcher too. And then an assist in the dying seconds for Fellaini.

Final Score -
Memphis 3 : 1 Carrick

:p

MahLaiZhu
20-08-2015, 06:10 PM

Who's the actual moron???,

there's no intention to sigh Otamendi at anytime, therefore where he is going is none of Man Utd businese.

As for Pedro, it's LVG who decided he is no longer needed, therefore chelsea pick up.

Woodward, secured good players for us early this season, that's why now they are playing well. Not forgetting this is only his 3rd year with Man Utd, he has done brilliantly well.

If you like rumour, do you know rumour said how much Bastian Schweinsteiger cost us?

if a club can sack their fans, the players and management staffs will receive more respect.

imom
20-08-2015, 10:24 PM
There's no intention to sigh Otamendi at anytime, therefore where he is going is none of Man Utd businese.

Otamendi was the backup for Ramos. Since it became obvious Ramos was only using Utd as a tool to get a better deal out of RM, Utd needed to move on. And not quickly enough.

As for Pedro, it's LVG who decided he is no longer needed, therefore chelsea pick up.

Why send Woodward to Barcelona to 'finalise' the deal then? Saying LVG decided to choose Mane instead is obviously a face-saving move.

Woodward, secured good players for us early this season, that's why now they are playing well. Not forgetting this is only his 3rd year with Man Utd, he has done brilliantly well.

I had personally said to give Memphis more time. And I would give all new signings at least a couple of seaons.

Utd playing well?? Did you even watch the league matches? Yes they won both but they hardly played well. They have only scored a grand total of one goal. We are celebrating a win over Brugge because Memphis finally found his touch. But remember it is Brugge. It's like celebrating like we won the league because of a victory over Sunderland.

Of course I hope Memphis has Ronaldo-esque impact as quick as possible. But I am giving him at least two seasons.

As for Woodward, Di Maria probably wasn't his fault, but Falcao had not proven he was back to his best after his injury. He was just going after big names without considering risks. De Gea is looking like he will go for free next summer. All Woodward could ever do was to pay big money for identified targets. Schweinsteiger has quality but he is 30 and not exactly at his peak and has been struggling with fitness. Bayern could not realistically demand too much. Guardiola sounded relieved about letting him go, And when Woodward tried to haggle over a couple of million he got screwed. 'Brilliantly well'? LOL! At best a 6/10. Chelsea tapped up two former Utd executives to be their chief exec, but I doubt they were sniffing around Woodward when Gourlay left.

if a club can sack their fans, the players and management staffs will receive more respect.

I started supporting the club since the dark ages where Liverpool was ridiing high and Utd was a mid-table team, managed by someone other than SAF. If they wish to 'sack' me, so be it.

Johnbass
20-08-2015, 10:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/the-story-of-memphis-depay-142140465.html

The incredibly sad story of Memphis, Man United's new mononymous star

Hope this kid has a happy ending...
Memphis FTW!

asiancigar
21-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Am just so glad that our beloved ManU is back to winning ways and not like how we were made to suffer under the ginger haired goon of a manager.....

Glory Glory Man United........ :):p:D

Cheerz
AC

asiancigar
21-08-2015, 09:46 AM
What an interesting young Devil...

Call him Memphis. Not Memphis Depay. Or worse, just Depay. It's Memphis. And if this sounds like arrogance from a young star, insisting his budding brand already justifies a mononymous existence, it isn't. The 21-year-old Manchester United and Netherlands forward has good reason to ditch his last name.
"You get reactions like: ‘What's that boy thinking? That he's a star?' " Memphis told Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant in 2013. "But those people don't know what's going on."
"It's very tricky for me, because you'd prefer to play with your last name on your jersey, like everybody," he said. "But the rift with my father is irreparable. I don't speak to him. I have no contact with family on my father's side. And I never will again."
Memphis doesn't wear his father's name because, as he puts is, "He hasn't earned it."
Figuring out United's 30-odd-million-dollar mega-signing is something of a jigsaw puzzle. He isn't talkative and mostly shuns the media. But piece together the scraps from rare interviews, almost all of them given in Dutch in the last year and a half or so, and the outlines of a picture emerge.
Memphis was born to a Dutch mother and a Ghanaian father on the outskirts of Rotterdam. Theirs was a bad neighborhood, rife with crime and the occasional riot on New Year's Eve. When he was four, his father left them. His mother took up and moved in with another man, who already had 15 children. Memphis was the 16th. It was an unhappy time.

"What exactly happened at home I won't be telling you," Memphis said once. "I don't want people feeling sorry for me."
In a TV interview he gave away a little more. "In that time, I just had to survive, I just had to fight my way through it," he said. "I could speak of things like physical abuse, but I don't feel like it."
Soon enough, his mother's new boyfriend won millions in the lottery and ended things with her. Memphis and his mother lived a sparse life from then on, with money forever tight. His biological father was mostly absent and had no significant role at all in raising him.
It left a confident but confused Memphis in search of father figures. He adored his maternal grandfather, but he passed away when he was 15. By that time, he'd left his local club for Sparta and then moved on to PSV. But they didn't know how to handle him. He was difficult, petulant and angry. So angry. He raged against any authority figures in his life.
He had no use for school and spent the time waiting for the van to take him to practice after class. But on the soccer field, Memphis was as gifted as he was uncoachable. While his behavior cried out for guidance and discipline, he felt mistunderstood by his coaches. He came close to getting kicked out of PSV's academy several times, but again and again, his obvious and abundant talent came to his aid. It was apparent, by then, that he was the most exciting winger to emerge from the Netherlands, a country besotted by wingers, since Arjen Robben.
While soccer brought conflict, it was also a refuge. "I think it kept me off the street," Memphis said once. "I did things you're not allowed to do; more than pranks. I don't want to talk about that. But at a certain point you start thinking. If you get arrested, they might not let you play soccer anymore. I've seen plenty of young guys fall away. They couldn't leave the streets alone."
In spite of it all, he made PSV's senior team. Ever brash and occasionally boastful, he was frustrated by how long it took to break into the lineup, though. At just 18, he told Elf magazine: "Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, boy are they good. What they've done, I try to emulate. I have the talent and the potential is there. I'm physically strong, fast and can score goals. I'm very strong mentally. Every footballer has his own story. Everything I've been through has made me very mature for my age."

Memphis finally became a starter in his third season and began popping up at the top of all kinds of lists of the best European prospects. His 12 goals from the left flank that season earned him a spot on Louis van Gaal's World Cup roster. In Van Gaal, he finally found that firm hand with the paternal overtones. He returned the faith with a game-winner against Australia and the second goal in a victory over Chile. "Memphis," Van Gaal declared after that game, "has a great deal of class."
In his final season at PSV, good for 22 league goals and the club's first Eredivisie title in seven years, Memphis came of age. After the World Cup, his father's family suddenly got in touch, but he froze them out. For a while, he had supported his Ghanaian half-brother, who has spent his life in and out of jail and burned through whatever generosity he received from Memphis within days. He cut him off as well.
Memphis used to go clubbing with friends, but he thinned out his entourage. He described it as a boat to De Volkskrant.
"I've seen guys leave the boat," he said. "The boat keeps getting lighter, the inner circle smaller. I'm a decent dude, who takes friends out to dinner. But when they stop appreciating that, it's over – you go off the boat. It's been crowded on the boat. When you're lonely, you're more likely to let people in. But the boat is quiet now. It sails quickly and steers lightly."
These days, Memphis prefers staying in with friends and his dog and playing cards. He has a life coach and a nutritionist. He's embarrassed about the rap videos he once put out in Dutch. He has reunited with his father in football in Manchester, where the whimsical winger with the destructive shot was handed United's legendary No. 7 jersey. After two quiet games in the Premier League, Memphis announced his arrival with two goals and an assist in Tuesday's Champions League playoff win over Club Brugge.
After his debut, a note was made of his name on the BBC's Premier League recap show, Match of the Day. "We've been asked," it said, "To just call the new kid Memphis."

By Leander Schaerlaeckens is a soccer columnist for Yahoo Sports. Follow him on Twitter @LeanderAlphabet.

lacoruna69
22-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Stay tuned for tonight's early match against Newcastle Utd.
Hope Memphis start.
He played the same flank with Young....so Young might make way.

I relook Memphis first goal (I still think this one is the best).
At the edge of the penalty area, he took the ball with his chest, in one swift motion, lobbed the ball over the head of the opposition player, nod down the ball,.....inside the penalty area with a sea of defenders,....you expect him to smash.....still can remain composed...dribble...find a sweet spot...BANG!

Simply audacious with supreme confidence.

He got a mean right foot who can deliver curling lobbing pass/shots.
This type can make GK sweat.

Wonderful talent.

Johnbass
22-08-2015, 12:04 PM
MANU should win by a comfortable margin...
Unless their defence lets in silly goals again...

lacoruna69
22-08-2015, 10:10 PM
FT : 0-0

terrible game....Memphis too selfish....:(

FunnyHippo
22-08-2015, 11:23 PM
MU needs the hair dryer treatment liao...

imom
23-08-2015, 06:28 PM
....Glory Glory Man United........

Cheerz
AC

Wow it's been a loooong time bro! Hope you've been well.

FT : 0-0

terrible game....Memphis too selfish....

Was hoping it wouldn't be, but suspected it might be a sluggish game.... as they usually are after European games midweek. Even during the days when Utd were flying high in the league, league matches immediately following CL games always had a tendency to dull.

imom
23-08-2015, 08:55 PM
And Pedro scores 20 minutes into his Chelsea debut....

imom
23-08-2015, 09:02 PM
And now Pedro provides an assist for Costa to score.

lacoruna69
23-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Haha....LVG n Manure kicking themselves now.

Pedro makes such a diff to the way Chelsea play.

Rickey
24-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Haha....LVG n Manure kicking themselves now.

Pedro makes such a diff to the way Chelsea play.
Why always Chelsea & Mourinho hv the luck to get the good guys :(...Manure & LVG always only takes the leftovers :...sigh

asiancigar
27-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Vintage Performance by our Beloved ManU against Brugge.

Am so glad that Rooney broke his duck and scored a wonderful hat-trick...

Good to see that Memphis is teaming up well with Rooney...

Little Pea had an off day..... poor guy

Overall, well worth staying up for the game.

Cheerz
AC

imom
27-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Vintage Performance by our Beloved ManU against Brugge.

Am so glad that Rooney broke his duck and scored a wonderful hat-trick...

Good to see that Memphis is teaming up well with Rooney...

Well, we should expect to beat Belgian clubs, especially if it's qualifying.... but yes, well done and good to see Rooney grab some goals. He's just that split second quicker in decision-making compared to the previous matches and that made all the difference.

Hope they will not suffer the post-CL fatigue this Sunday.

mr_missile
27-08-2015, 05:27 PM
so now we are "officially" in the champions league. :D

mr_missile
28-08-2015, 09:42 AM
so the draw is out. great that we avoided the big guns barca, bayern and juventus.
we are in group B with PSV, CSKA Moscow and Wolfsburg.
should make it through to the knockout rounds. :D

imom
28-08-2015, 10:33 AM
so the draw is out. great that we avoided the big guns barca, bayern and juventus.
we are in group B with PSV, CSKA Moscow and Wolfsburg.
should make it through to the knockout rounds. :D

Remember 2011? Our group was Benfica, Basel and Oletul. 'Nice and easy group' I thought....

We proceed to draw both with Benfica, draw one with Basel and heartbreakingly lost the last match to Basel to get kicked out....

Hope it does not happen again.

asiancigar
30-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Wow it's been a loooong time bro! Hope you've been well.

As well as can be Bro after working so my balls off for 5 years building a new company.... so far had 1 stroke, 1 AAA surgery and recently 2 months ago had an operation to put 2 stents into my arteries.

But still get a hard on every time a pair of young legs and tits walk pass me.... hehehe

AC

imom
30-08-2015, 11:11 AM
As well as can be Bro after working so my balls off for 5 years building a new company.... so far had 1 stroke, 1 AAA surgery and recently 2 months ago had an operation to put 2 stents into my arteries.

But still get a hard on every time a pair of young legs and tits walk pass me.... hehehe

AC

OMG! Hope the company is running well and your health is getting a chance to get back to normal...

So where are you watching legs.... er, matches these days? That pub at Lavendar is probably defunct?

Johnbass
30-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Swansea 0-1 Man. Utd

Hope MU doesn't slip like the rest...

BassPartner
30-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Swansea 0-1 Man. Utd

Tiagong you go out always need watch your back......:D

mr_missile
31-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Swansea 0-1 Man. Utd

well, it was swansea 0, united 1 for a while. but again, we made defensive mistakes and lost to swansea for the 3rd consecutive time and by the exact same score. :(

LVG has got some work to do. either play DDG or sell him and get a proper replacement. and please get another striker (heard chicharito has left for leverkuson). plan B of bringing on fellaini and pump crosses to him and hope for the best is just not our style!

if not, come end of Oct (no need to wait until Dec), City would have the league title all sewn up. :(

Johnbass
31-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Cannot depend on Rooney alone for the goals lah...
Don't think he is a good captain...
Good luck to LVG since he don't dare to sub Rooney out...

FunnyHippo
31-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Swansea 0-1 Man. Utd

You and your JiBye mouth...
Bodoh.

Johnbass
01-09-2015, 07:32 AM
David De Gea move stalls? Chicharito, Januzaj exit Man Utd, Martial to arrive

De Gea tio sabo by MU?
Rooney win Liao lor... No1 to compete striker role with him...

FunnyHippo
01-09-2015, 11:36 AM
36m for an unproven 19 year-old...
LVG FTW!

Johnbass
03-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

Can't wait to see De Gea's TL face when LVG fields him next match...
Not forgetting Anthony Martial XDD... wearing Number 9...
Hope LVG knows what he's doing...

imom
03-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Martial is not the finished article, not a quick fix. If given sufficient time and opportunities to play he looks like one for the future. Probably not for this season, but one can hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6pKKsKxlis

seiha
03-09-2015, 04:08 PM
thank you :D:D:D

คาสิโนออนไลน์ ในรูปแบบใหม่ล่าสุดจาก ปอยเปต คาสิโน รีสอร์ท ได้ที่นี่ royal1688 (https://www.royal-1688.net)

Vedic
03-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Anthony Martial was a panic buy from LVG.

FunnyHippo
06-09-2015, 12:29 PM
England's all-time leading goal scorers...
Sir Bobby Charlton: 49
Wayne Rooney: 49
Own Goals: 49

Johnbass
11-09-2015, 11:12 PM
David De Gea has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United, keeping him at Old Trafford until at least 2019. There is an option to extend it for a further year.

Hoseh... De Gea to the rescue against LFC tomorrow!

FunnyHippo
12-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool
HUAT AH!

Johnbass
13-09-2015, 12:31 AM
No Rooney...
Got chance to win Liao!
HUAT ah!

FunnyHippo
13-09-2015, 01:59 AM
Fark Looney lah...
2-0 liao...
HUAT AH!

Johnbass
13-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Tiagong Martial's goal better than Benteke's...
Who needs Rooney?
MANU FTW!

lacoruna69
13-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Very positive play n runs into position quite well. Great dribbling.

This is the goal.

AYt8SSDSzEs

FunnyHippo
13-09-2015, 12:37 PM
To all the HATERS...
HUAT U AH!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12011222_918893411499522_2354532147443820657_n.jpg ?oh=8a769c911036a267344d542b5b05765f&oe=566BFA66&__gda__=1449156944_e298ab393a266f2126f6a753546e5c3 9

Rickey
13-09-2015, 12:59 PM
To all the HATERS...
HUAT U AH!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12011222_918893411499522_2354532147443820657_n.jpg ?oh=8a769c911036a267344d542b5b05765f&oe=566BFA66&__gda__=1449156944_e298ab393a266f2126f6a753546e5c3 9
Hip, hip, hurray !!! ..3 cheers to the new Red Devils !! :)....Glory, glory, Hallelujah ! :D

Man Utd 3...Pool 1...Martial the hero !! ;)

MahLaiZhu
13-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I hate LVG bcos he bought Anthony Martial, I also hate this 19yrs old boy bcos he cost us 36m and could rise to 58m,

LVG, why the hell you brought him in midway 2nd half?

Martial, why the hell you dirbbled past players like they were all drunk? Any why the hell at that kind of moment, you can remained calm and placed the ball into the corner?

All of those above are not suppose to happen, you are suppose to be a flop, a suppose panic buy.............but anyway that your first game so dun get carried away, you could still flop later on, but as for now lets enjoy the high feel of beating liverpool.

FunnyHippo
17-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Nabeh...
Luke Shaw likely to be out for 6 months...
JiBye lah this Hector Moreno...

Johnbass
17-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Nabeh x2...
JiBye x2 lah this Hector Moreno...

PatrickCowboy
19-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Nabeh x2...
JiBye x2 lah this Hector Moreno...

Anyway still have other player why worry ha?

badboynani17
20-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Anyway still have other player why worry ha?

A big loss for Utd... Shaw not only can defend; he can also attack. Hope he recovers fast.... :cool:

Johnbass
21-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Martial FTW!
Huat ah!

mr_missile
22-09-2015, 02:03 PM
A big loss for Utd... Shaw not only can defend; he can also attack. Hope he recovers fast.... :cool:

a huge loss to the team given the way he has started the season. now we have to use blind, rojo or mcnair in that position. and all 3 would be targeted by the opposition as the weakest link. southampton did it. more will come the same way.
we can thank DDG and Martial for saving us the last time out.

Johnbass
24-09-2015, 09:28 AM
MU 3-0 Ipswich

Martial scored again...
This kid is on a roll...

lacoruna69
24-09-2015, 12:47 PM
MU 3-0 Ipswich

Martial scored again...
This kid is on a roll...

I like the way he runs at the defenders....:D:

The new Brazilian Andreas Pereira also looks good!

imom
27-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Enjoy being back on top for a week boys.....

http://www.imagebam.com/image/326ea3437924930

So tightly packed, anyone of the top four can take over the summit after next weekend...

Rickey
27-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Enjoy being back on top for a week boys.....

http://www.imagebam.com/image/326ea3437924930

So tightly packed, anyone of the top four can take over the summit after next weekend...
WoW !!...Red Devils 3..Sunderland 0 !! :)...Yes, true...but at least we are finally back at the TOP for once since the last 2 years !!...a familiar sight !!...Hip, hip, hurray !! :D....GGMU !

mr_missile
01-10-2015, 09:20 AM
got our first 3 points in the champ league this morning by beating wolfsburg 2-1.

all 4 teams in the group are level on 3 points each. hope we can gather 6 points from the next 2 games both vs CSKA and we should be safe to the last 16.

smalling played great and he is turning out to be the rock in our rather make-shift defence.

GGMU!

imom
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM
smalling played great and he is turning out to be the rock in our rather make-shift defence.

Contributing to the goals as well... :D

lacoruna69
03-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Mata is simply brilliant.....as usual, Martial is creating pressure on the opposition defence with his penetrative runs n shooting.

FunnyHippo
03-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Martial FTW!
Huat ah!

Johnbass
03-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Lai ah...
MANUTD predict score ah...
Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd

HUAT ah!

badboynani17
04-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Lai ah...
MANUTD predict score ah...
Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd

HUAT ah!

My prediction is Arsenal 0 Man Utd 2

Huat ah! :D

Johnbass
04-10-2015, 11:11 PM
JiBye...
7min GG Liao...

FunnyHippo
04-10-2015, 11:34 PM
JiBye...
7min GG Liao...

JiBye...
Your fault again lah...

mr_missile
05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
we were horribly exposed by arsenal's fast attacking play.
paid the price for LVG's insistence on playing a midfielder and a winger as CB and FB when we should have bought a good CB.
and rooney and memphis simply went awol. LVG has really got to improve his record against the top 4 PL sides. hope that the international break will do us good.

lacoruna69
10-10-2015, 10:58 AM
we were horribly exposed by arsenal's fast attacking play.
paid the price for LVG's insistence on playing a midfielder and a winger as CB and FB when we should have bought a good CB.
and rooney and memphis simply went awol. LVG has really got to improve his record against the top 4 PL sides. hope that the international break will do us good.

Start off with Carrick n Schweni in the middle of the park, who are both too old n slow...cant cope with the fast pace n left big gaps.

elvenskin
11-10-2015, 07:13 PM
man utd suppoter here...hope we can win EPL

mr_missile
12-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Start off with Carrick n Schweni in the middle of the park, who are both too old n slow...cant cope with the fast pace n left big gaps.

agree totally. we were caught napping by arsenal's quick start. doesn't help that both schweni and carrick have always been amongst the slower players. maybe LVG should have started with schneiderlin & rooney in midfield instead.

man utd suppoter here...hope we can win EPL

welcome on board elvenskin. win the BPL title? yes we would. but maybe not this season yet as there are still so many gaps to plug in the team.

it's clear for all to see that we need a top-class CB to partner smalling. and maybe even a striker to add pressure on rooney (and give martial a break for some games).

MarkClattenburg
12-10-2015, 10:44 AM
I hope to referee this weekend game Man Utd away game to Goodison Park.

super9769
16-10-2015, 03:11 AM
MU fan here but from the recent performances I have seen, I would say that Everton have the higher chance of winning the game this weekend, MU shouldnt start rooney and depay(both are off form), I would say we play Young at the left, and Mata at the right and Rooney through the middle(just because his the captain he must play), Midfield would prefer Carrick/Schnei or Schwei/Schnei, it would be better if Herrera plays(I think his out injured), Blind has been playing quite well for an inexperienced CB, just that he cant handle the physical in EPL(look at his performance vs Southampton, Pelle bullied him), so i would prefer Rojo to play at CB, but right now, since Shaw and Rojo(I think) is out injured, we can only either put Blind as LB, Jones and Smalling as CB, Darmian as RB, or Young starts at LB, Blind/Jones partner Smalling as CB and Darmian as RB, so if Young starts at LB, most probably Depay would start at LM/LW

yinyang
16-10-2015, 12:56 PM
MU fan here but from the recent performances I have seen, I would say that Everton have the higher chance of winning
Fair comment and analysis on team start sat.

My biased production - we can nick it, and bury last season's debacle. Or is it my devilish wish too? :p:D

super9769
16-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Fair comment and analysis on team start sat.

My biased production - we can nick it, and bury last season's debacle. Or is it my devilish wish too? :p:D

As a MU fan, i wish that MU would nick it too, but i feel that this game would be a very close game(1 team winning by 1 goal margin) or a high scoring draw 2-2? If the first 20mins MU started similar to the games vs Arsenal or Southampton, I would say that we would have no chance of winning the game.

FunnyHippo
17-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Rooney better score against Everton today...
Else put him on the bench lah...

badboynani17
17-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Man Utd leading 2-0 now, 57min. Final score prediction - Man Utd 3 Everton 1. :D

Johnbass
17-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Tiagong if every match play like this, sure champions liao...

lacoruna69
18-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Lovely move to start Schneiderlin n Herrera. Both scored.
Martial replaced Depay.....another good move.

Rooney scored but pace n fitness unconvincing.

Smalling is superb at the back.

Nice and a bit unexpected victory.:D

imom
18-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Lovely move to start Schneiderlin n Herrera. Both scored.
Martial replaced Depay.....another good move.

Rooney scored but pace n fitness unconvincing.

Smalling is superb at the back.

Nice and a bit unexpected victory.:D

Yes, was relieved to see Schneiderlin on the team sheet. Herrera did great linking up the front line with the rest of the team in the middle of the park. Credit to Rojo for spotting his run for the goal.

Martial was exciting on the wings, too bad he did not have a goal/assist to cap things off.

Rooney was dismal, giving the ball away frequently in the first half. These days I expect him not to score when one-on-one with goalie, but damned relieved he did. He did miss the next one though.

SnowLeopards
18-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Wayne's days at Manchester United are numbered.

He is 30 is 6 days and I expect him to spiral downwards unless favoritism and politics kicks in.

Pierre.

imom
18-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Wayne's days at Manchester United are numbered.

He is 30 is 6 days and I expect him to spiral downwards unless favoritism and politics kicks in.

Pierre.

I think he can prolong his career if he's willing to work at playing midfield.

mr_missile
19-10-2015, 08:04 AM
I think he can prolong his career if he's willing to work at playing midfield.

yeah, like the Pirlo role at Juve - a deep lying midfielder who can pick up teammates with long and accurate passes and with the vision to spray long passes onto the runs of wingers (btw, Martial did a fantastic job against Coleman).
eh, isn't Carrick already doing that? :p

yinyang
19-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Herrera did great linking up the front line with the rest of the team in the middle of the park. Credit to Rojo for spotting his run for the goal.
Rooney was dismal, giving the ball away frequently in the first half. These days I expect him not to score when one-on-one with goalie, but damned relieved he did. He did miss the next one though.
Don't disagree on Roon's giving away the ball cheaply. Saving grace was his goal, else more stick on his goal tally :rolleyes:

Everton didn't do too bad, but as press said Devils were purring :p
Great we chased the ghosts away from last April's loss (other way around).
Also gratifying that the bloody pundits were proven wrong with their predictions of either a loss or draw. Especially that idiot Mark Lawrenson who usually has a biased view of MU :(

imom
19-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Great we chased the ghosts away from last April's loss (other way around).
Also gratifying that the bloody pundits were proven wrong with their predictions of either a loss or draw. Especially that idiot Mark Lawrenson who usually has a biased view of MU :(

Yeah, doubt I can stomach another match against the toffees with a smug Martinez face.

And Mark Lawrenson is a scouser, what did you expect? :D

super9769
19-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Totally agree with people that feels starting Herrera and Schneiderlin together, putting Schwei and Schnei infront of the back four gives more assurance in the defence unlike Schwei partnering Carrick as both are old and quite slow paced.

In my opinion, Mata didn't do quite badly as he did track back and helped out Darmian against Naismith and Barkley, but probably couldn't influence in the team's attacking play as much.

Althought Rooney did scored a goal, I feel that he had a bad game as he gives away the ball on most ocassion(that's what I feel).

At the back, Smalling did very well, keeping Lukaku quiet. Jones had a fairly great game too, he put in lots of effort to defend(similar to the style of Vidic and Terry).

Martial was fantastic although he did not had a goal or assist, he was able to influence the game with his presence. Still young, he possess great strength to hold up the ball and influence the attacking play like he did for the 2nd goal. He forced Coleman to tackle him so Rojo could have the chance to run forward and provide the assist for Herrera's goal.

Overall, the back four did really well, the only tricky part they had to deal with was Barkley(the only Dangerous man for Everton). Adding Schneiderlin infront of the back four in place of Carrick was brilliant as Man U is able to cope with the pace of the game more. Herrera did well as a No10, he knows when to get forward and when to track back to help out in the defence. Martial was brilliant too.

Rickey
23-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Anthony Martial again, the Hero to the rescue again against CSKA in Moscow !!..:)..although tis time he was just redeeming himself for giving away the penalty :(...Result 1-1 :D in the Champions' League ! ..Tink he will take over from Rooney whose shelf life appears to be over.. as the Red Devils main target man ....

lacoruna69
24-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Anthony Martial again, the Hero to the rescue again against CSKA in Moscow !!..:)..although tis time he was just redeeming himself for giving away the penalty :(...Result 1-1 :D in the Champions' League ! ..Tink he will take over from Rooney whose shelf life appears to be over.. as the Red Devils main target man ....

Yes, I think Martial can do well playing lone striker.
It is high time to drop Rooney but LVG could be concerned about incurring English fans wrath.
Im surprised new boy Jesse Lingard plays not too bad either.

Rickey
24-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Yes, I think Martial can do well playing lone striker.
It is high time to drop Rooney but LVG could be concerned about incurring English fans wrath.
Im surprised new boy Jesse Lingard plays not too bad either.
No, Bro lacoruna...i dun tink it's becos of english fans wrath to drop Rooney...LVG just wants to continue to show his own respects to him as the team captain & doesn't want to lower his morale & like many others want to honour him instead for all his past great accomplishments & the records he set as a star of the Red Devils in the past years..:)..but if tis continues, it's gonna hurt the team's chances of becoming EPL champions tis season...:(

imom
24-10-2015, 09:50 PM
...LVG just wants to continue to show his own respects to him as the team captain...(

LVG seems to be already laying the groundwork by saying Smalling is a 'future captain'...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/van-gaal-backs-smalling-united-051721469.html

Rickey
24-10-2015, 11:06 PM
LVG seems to be already laying the groundwork by saying Smalling is a 'future captain'...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/van-gaal-backs-smalling-united-051721469.html
Yes, LVG shd drop Rooney now, the moment he doesn't perform well in a match...tis will make him buck up & fight for his place back rather than automatically include him in every match irregardless of his form just becos of giving him the respect as the captain...LVG shd start dropping him gradually & replace him with better younger players like Martial etc i/o of waiting for Smalling to be made captain...dun know how long tis will take ?...hope by tat time, they won't be overtaken again as they now are...esp by their main rivals like Man City, Arsenal or maybe even Chelsea who are way behind the pack now :(...

Btw, LVG's pre-match comments today about the Manchester derby 2moro nite is senseless, saying things so positive abt his match opponent..the last time he did tat, tat was only abt a week ago in the match against Arsenal ended with them being thrashed 3-0 by the Gunners :eek:...hope they won't be similarly thrashed 2moro nite by their noisy blue neighbours...

FunnyHippo
29-10-2015, 07:34 PM
JiBye...
Who point the laser pen at Looney's face?
OWN UP NOW!

Rickey
01-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Tink LVG is another one who is losing the plot just like JM is at Chelsea currently :(...time for him to go as well perhaps...still stubbornly sticking to Rooney just becos he is team captain when the guy finds it so difficult to score these days...sigh...

3 draws in the last 3 games, the worst was prolly the one last nite against a less reputable team like Crystal Palace..hardly any chances created by his own admission even wif so many star players costing them so much $$$ :eek:...all he can say is "i m concerned" & "we were not the better team today" ? only...they obviously hv not been the better team the last 3 games not just the game last nite...sigh...tat may spell the end of the road for the Red Devils again in the race for the EPL championship tis season...if it continues like tat under the direction of LVG..his philosophy oso seems not working :(

yinyang
01-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Not just the players, LVG should also be ashamed to collect their wages :(:mad:

Stubborn old dutchie coot, who refuse to adapt team formation. Martial is clearly lost on left wing. 2nd half was a shambles, escaped with some CP shots.

FunnyHippo
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
LVG slam Depay siol...
Real Madrid going to come and raid Depay next season...

mr_missile
04-11-2015, 08:21 AM
United (and more importantly Rooney scored) 1, CSKA Moscow 0.

Crucial win for us. Win the next at home vs PSV and we are through to the last 16.
To be honest, i was screaming my head off when Martial was replaced by Fellaini in the 2nd half. I was cussing LVG for daring to substitute a real striker (and not the misfiring Rooney or the uninspired Mata) and bringing on Fellani. but as it turned out, i was made to eat my words......:p
GGMU!

Rickey
05-11-2015, 10:21 PM
United (and more importantly Rooney scored) 1, CSKA Moscow 0.

Crucial win for us. Win the next at home vs PSV and we are through to the last 16.
To be honest, i was screaming my head off when Martial was replaced by Fellaini in the 2nd half. I was cussing LVG for daring to substitute a real striker (and not the misfiring Rooney or the uninspired Mata) and bringing on Fellani. but as it turned out, i was made to eat my words......:p
GGMU!
but Fellaini din contribute to the goal if i m not wrong...it was Jesse Lingard, the new young boy who impressed in the game tat turned provider :) !!..it was he who passed the ball to Rooney for him to smash in the goal into the opposition net :D...yes..GGMU !!

imom
05-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Good to see a much more attack-minded display. Then again it was against a team who obviously came to defend and try to catch us on the break. Rooney showed signs of his old self but still needed too many chances to get a goal. Just relieved when he finally nodded home. DDG's save and Smalling's tackle just before the goal were no less important. Had CSKA scored they would likely have parked the bus...

lacoruna69
07-11-2015, 12:52 PM
but Fellaini din contribute to the goal if i m not wrong...it was Jesse Lingard, the new young boy who impressed in the game tat turned provider :) !!..it was he who passed the ball to Rooney for him to smash in the goal into the opposition net :D...yes..GGMU !!

Im quite impressed by new boy Lingard in recent matches.
He nearly scored at Selhurst Park and could be the hero.

Im excited seeing him n Martial pair up upfront.

Rickey
08-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Im quite impressed by new boy Lingard in recent matches.
He nearly scored at Selhurst Park and could be the hero.

Im excited seeing him n Martial pair up upfront.
OooWow !!!...it's 2-0 against West Brom last nite ! :)...& Lingard was one of the scorers on target !! :D:)...his 1st goal for the club !!....GGMU !...but we are still 4th in the table :(...beaten by minnow club Leicester City to 3rd place...sigh

imom
08-11-2015, 04:18 PM
You know it's a beautiful goal when the commentator goes "Lingaaaaaaaaaaaard!".... :D

mr_missile
09-11-2015, 12:22 PM

you are right bro. it wasn't fellaini who provided the assist for the goal but lingard.
what i meant was that LVG didnt sub the then misfiring Rooney but instead took Martial out. i had expected Rooney to be subbed and not Martial.
so i was made to eat my words when Rooney scored. :p

mr_missile
09-11-2015, 12:25 PM
You know it's a beautiful goal when the commentator goes "Lingaaaaaaaaaaaard!".... :D

we really needed that goal. west brom had so many players behind the ball. united were having the usual "story" of having plenty of possession but no real threat to the their goal.
it was a beautiful curler by lingard.

Rickey
09-11-2015, 10:40 PM

we really needed that goal. west brom had so many players behind the ball. united were having the usual "story" of having plenty of possession but no real threat to the their goal.
it was a beautiful curler by lingard.
And yet LVG is still not satisfied with Lingard & Mata (both the goal scorers)..saying they are too slow...wtf :(

Rickey
10-11-2015, 08:41 AM
you are right bro. it wasn't fellaini who provided the assist for the goal but lingard.
what i meant was that LVG didnt sub the then misfiring Rooney but instead took Martial out. i had expected Rooney to be subbed and not Martial.
so i was made to eat my words when Rooney scored. :p
Oic, no wonder....thks for the clarification, bro missile :)

lacoruna69
10-11-2015, 11:27 AM
And yet LVG is still not satisfied with Lingard & Mata (both the goal scorers)..saying they are too slow...wtf :(

really??!! LVG sure looks ecstatic when Lingard scores....

Mata was never a fast player...he goes for precision n placement.

i believed it is more of suiting to play LVG style that makes Man U slow.

Rickey
10-11-2015, 02:07 PM
really??!! LVG sure looks ecstatic when Lingard scores....

Mata was never a fast player...he goes for precision n placement.

i believed it is more of suiting to play LVG style that makes Man U slow.
Yes, in one of his post match interviews as reported in ESPN...

Vedic
10-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I hope the players come back without injury from the International games. :)

heduoshui
15-11-2015, 12:32 AM
damn sad, carrick stretchered off in the eng-spain match. ankle injury apparently