PDA

View Full Version : Money exchange

heavenmothz
06-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Hi all, just wanted to find out usually where you all Bros change ringgit in jb? Or is it better to change in sg at Raffles Place or something....

wweepoh
06-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Hi all, just wanted to find out usually where you all Bros change ringgit in jb? Or is it better to change in sg at Raffles Place or something....

Hey Bro, usually will save the hassle of queuing at The Arcade(too packed with working class hogging the queues) by heading straight to Komtar JBCC, change at the money changer above Padini retail outlet, they give a better exchange rate for amounts above SGD 100 and even better if you change SGD 500 and more. Hope it helps.

heavenmothz
07-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks bro. Komtar eh? Hmmm but isn't parking a hassle there? I can imagine going there if I'm entering via bus. Thanks for the recommendation still bro!

NorthGuy
07-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I normally change in Sg before going over as i find the rates in Msia being offered are lower.

heavenmothz
07-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I normally change in Sg before going over as i find the rates in Msia being offered are lower.

That's what I normally do too. But so far the places I found in jb difference only 2-3 rm less than sg.

wweepoh
08-09-2016, 02:54 PM
That's what I normally do too. But so far the places I found in jb difference only 2-3 rm less than sg.

If heading to JBCC, best to just take public transport instead of driving as you need to drive one round from Jalan Wong Ah Fook back to Jalan Tun Razak to park.

The difference between SG and JB money changers is really mininal if you are changing small amounts of spending, negligible in my opinion.

heavenmothz
08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
If heading to JBCC, best to just take public transport instead of driving as you need to drive one round from Jalan Wong Ah Fook back to Jalan Tun Razak to park.

The difference between SG and JB money changers is really mininal if you are changing small amounts of spending, negligible in my opinion.

I figured as much. If you guys change in sg, where do you change? I wanna avoid the queue at the arcade....

KohOnly21
08-09-2016, 05:39 PM
I figured as much. If you guys change in sg, where do you change? I wanna avoid the queue at the arcade....

Just change at:

1) Woodland Mrt exit the money changer opposite.

2) Kranji Mrt Money Changer

3) Shengsiong money changer opposite woodland checkpoint taxi stand

Mas Joki
08-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Today went to JB for massage.

Change at Krangi MRT - RM296. If change at JB City Square - S$100 = RM293. If change more than S$100 = RM298

Most money exchange around Taman Sentosa = RM293

Latest update

"Life is short. Enjoy while you can"
Remember the saying : "One man meat is another man poison".

heavenmothz
09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Thanks bro masjoki for the update!

wweepoh
09-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks bro masjoki for the update!

Went to JB city square yesterday as well and can confirm this. JBCC offers RM298 for $100 and above. Taman Pelangi is RM 293.

TonyCheong2
10-09-2016, 06:21 PM
If within walking distance near Sultan Iskandar CIQ, I can confirm Komtar JBCC money changers give the best rates (S$100 or more).
There's one money changer (2nd Level) above Padini and one money changer (2nd Level) below food court.

City Square money changers give the lousiest rates.

JB Central has 3 money changers.
1 money changer on the 1st Level.
2 money changers on the 2nd Level.

Johor Bahru damn shiok as living and business costs so much cheaper than Singapore!
I encourage business owners to shift their back end and non essential office jobs to Johor Bahru.
Hire kup kia couriers for cost effective delivery and transportion to/fro Singapore hahaha.
Downsize the Singapore office to do sales can liao. :D