PDA

View Full Version : how do i get rid of a spam message?

sgluver
30-08-2016, 02:15 PM
A popup message shows up whenever I load a new page here. It is a private message sent through the chat system (not through the regular PM). Some user named voo88 says "hi how r u".

I have tried to clear the messsage and block and the user, but every time I open a new page here, voo88 pops up again with the same old message.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get rid of the annoying popu?

Big Sexy
31-08-2016, 04:17 PM
try switching to offline status and disable the popup notification..

sammyboyfor
31-08-2016, 05:25 PM
A popup message shows up whenever I load a new page here. It is a private message sent through the chat system (not through the regular PM). Some user named voo88 says "hi how r u".

I have tried to clear the messsage and block and the user, but every time I open a new page here, voo88 pops up again with the same old message.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I get rid of the annoying popu?

That's not a spam message. He sent you just ONE message enquiring about your well being. He did not try to sell you anything or send you multiple copies of the same message. Just a friendly forum member getting in touch.

If you open the chat pop up it should not longer appear the next time you load the page. What platform are you on?

SAFFRONnation
31-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Good Day to all !

Very helpful Boss + abled assistants - i trust your issue is now happily resolved 😆

seabass
31-08-2016, 09:25 PM
voo88 stop messaging loverboy will you?