PDA

View Full Version : Serious State visit to D.C.: Future direction of Singapore politics?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-08-2016, 07:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

So, I am watching this official state visit of Gay Loong and his entourage to Washington DC. And the hosting of the White House dinner by Barack Obama. This is an important event as is any visit to the US for a delegate from Singapore. Basically, Gay Loong has to introduce the future leaders of Singapore to the US. And likewise, he wants his people to meet their counterparts from the US. Therefore, his delegate has to indicate somewhat the future direction that Singapore is headed. He is not going to bring a bunch of useless jiak liao bees all the way from Singapore for nothing. At the state dinner, Barack is not holding back. He has his VP Joe Biden, as well as the Director of the CIA, Chief of the NSC, Secretary of the Navy, Secretary of Defense, etc.

Along with the usual heavy weights that came along on the trip like Iswaran, Ong Ye King, his wife, and a couple of minor perm sects, Gay Loong’s entourage was decidedly very lightweight. Chan Chun Sing? Seriously? The guy is a minister with no portfolio in the PMO and before that he was in the minor Ministry of Social and Family Development. And Vivian the Chindian came along for the ride too. The moron of YOG and the former optician has to be there because he is now the minister of foreign affairs, god help us all.

But why is MP Rahayu Mahzam there? She is one of the most junior of MPs, having gotten in on the coattails of others in the GRC that won last year. Pretty much a malay Tin Pei Ling if you ask me. Yes, she is attractive in a pudgy sort of way and is quite young. But surely, she is way out of her league here. Did someone in the delegation request her? Is she someone’s fuck buddy? Or is she the token malay because Yaacock is in Gay Loong’s doghouse for wanting to monitor Pokemon Go and Gay Loong is an avid player?

And then, it gets interesting with the inclusion of MP Christopher De Souza. This guys checks all the right boxes for the PAP. Sword winner, not an SAF scholar, honours in his Oxford Law degree and progressed up the ladder from DPP to magistrate and now assistant registrar of the High Court. This guy is marked for higher things in the PAP. I think we will see him in a MP somewhere for the next election.

Also noted at the state dinner was LTC Wong Shi Ming. LTCs are a dime a dozen in the SAF. He is not even fuIl bird colonel and yet he has been accorded a privilege that few MGs, LGS, and Cols have. I predict this scholar general also to be retired by the next election and run as MP too, with a posting to a Ministry in a senior position.

Lastly, Gay Loong does a nice thing, or maybe he just wants to impress Obama that Singapore has a sense of responsibility with the inclusion of NMP Chia Yong Yong and her helper at the state dinner. Her’s is an inspirational story of someone wheelchair bound with a debilitating disease at a young age, and then overcoming that to be a lawyer and advocate for disabled people.

Just my 2 cents.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233839-State-visit-to-D-C-Future-direction-of-Singapore-politics&goto=newpost).