PDA

View Full Version : Syphilis???

siaoheeha
11-11-2006, 12:18 AM
I have gone to geyland at around January.After that at around april when i go for a checkup, the initial test stated i been tested positive for Syphilis althought i have a cold and cough which will also one of the reasons that i am tested positive.I have no syptoms of a chancre(maybe in some place i cannot see).Now at around late Oct, i started develop rashes on my whole body and they are itchy.... Did i contracted Syphilis?

samfan
11-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Bro siaoheeha,

If you tested positive for Syphilis, you should have seek medical attention then.

Syphilis is one of the few STIs that have a cure. A single dose of penicillin via injection should do the trick. However, it appears that you have developed 2nd stage Syphilis, if still left untreated, it may then developed into advanced stage and cause damage to internal organs - that is irreversible damage and even if you get penicillin injections at that stage, damage already caused are not reversible.

So if you are concerned, please go get tested again. Or if you already tested positive, why are you waiting? See a doctor today!

samfan
11-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Bro siaoheeha,

To add to my post above, the only sure way to know whether you have Syphilis is to get tested again. It will do you no harm by going to a doctor and showing him the rashes and get another Syphilis blood test. Did you do a TPHA confirmatory test after the initial VDRL or RPR test screening test?

But since you were capped during that single episode at Geylang, the chances are very low you have contracted Syphilis. Did you saw any visible lesions on the WL? You must come in direct contact with the Syphilis chancre or Syphilis rash secretions to get infected.

You also mentioned the presence of itchy rashes. Syphilis causes non-itchy rash, especially on palms and soles.

fiercekid84
11-11-2006, 09:14 AM
yes rashes is part of the syptoms i thnink u need to see a doctor immediatly and do something abt it before it kills u

lacoruna69
11-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Now at around late Oct, i started develop rashes on my whole body and they are itchy.... Did i contracted Syphilis?
Hi Bro,
where did you go for your initial test? DSC?
maybe you might want to pay DSC a visit ASAP.

Red_Baron
11-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Dear bro siaoheeha,

It is always best to consult a doctor. Why delay futher? It's your health at stake. If it is syphilis get it treated early if it is not you need not worry anymore. Either way what is to come will come, why delay?

Hope it is nothing serious. My sincere prayers.

AfA_hmor
16-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi there,

If you want a confirmation, come to AFA-Anonymous Test Site (ATS) on Saturday to do your test. Check below poster for info.

Else visit: http://www.afa.org.sg

http://www.afa.org.sg/new-test-site-poster.jpg

Best regards
Action for AIDS