PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat Durian Trips and Facebook and the effectiveness of the PAP

Sammyboy RSS Feed
21-07-2016, 10:30 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Forummer "Satyr" mentioned this in another thread.

Are we getting value from this government if much time is spent mollycoddling the elderly for their votes by going on such trips. I am not sure who started this to secure the votes but it is done even by some opposition parties and in a big way. Low and Chiam did it as well. It seems to be growing bigger and bigger. 20 buses led by a cabinet minister with banners. And its not just the road trips. Many of the MPs have been going on overseas trips with residents and grassroots leaders to places such as China. Some of it is paid by PA. Seriously how many hours are there in a day with quality in public duties suffering.

Then we have the PAP and their love for the Facebook. The sacking of MP David Ong was first posted by the PM on the FB. He also seemed to be conducting much of his public awareness business on FB. His wife is doing the same. Shanmugam is probably the most prolific from the early years with video clips and parliamentary progress reported on FB. I am aware they have minders who administer their account but one can tell that many of the posts are indeed from them or drafted by them.

If the Old Man spent time on durian trips and FB, I am sure he would not have been effective, the place would be crawling with rats, the trains breaking down, major canals would not have been constructed to alleviate floods, dengue and food poisoning would be making the news more frequently. He would also have died a lot of earlier.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233191-Durian-Trips-and-Facebook-and-the-effectiveness-of-the-PAP&goto=newpost).