PDA

View Full Version : Serious Thai Police WAITING for Sinkie Police to Press Charges

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-07-2016, 12:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

How come? Might caused native Sinke to panic and xenophobic?

Mr. Roach on track to flee back to Australia, as Thai official awaits official charges by SG
BANGKOK: If Singapore fails to press charges against the alleged robber of Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) via the Thai Attorney General within a week, the suspect could be extradited back to Canada, Deputy Commander of the Thai Tourist Police Nithithorn Chintakanon said on Wednesday (Jul 13).

“It depends on the Singapore (authorities) to send the documents in time. If there are no documents from Singapore, the Canadian embassy will send him back to Canada,” said Police Colonel Nithithorn.

The suspect, 27-year-old David James Roach, is currently being held in Bangkok's Suan Plu Immigration Detention Centre. Roach allegedly robbed SCB’s Holland Village branch of S$30,000 on Jul 7.

Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Pol Col Nithithorn said Thai authorities had managed to track him down after retrieving his picture taken at Don Muang airport. The suspect fled to Bangkok on the same day shortly after the crime was reported.

“It took us two days to find him, we got all the information from CCTV footage,” said Pol Col Nithithorn. The police managed to track down the suspect at Boxpackers Hostel in central Bangkok.

About 700,000 baht (S$26,786) worth of cash and a notebook were among the many things seized by the police on Jul 10. In the notebook, Pol Col Nithithorn said Roach had the same phrases written on the note that was slipped to a teller at the bank, which reportedly stated: “I have a gun. Please give me the money. I don’t want to hurt you.”

Pol Col Nithithorn also said Roach had planned to head to the Thai province of Chiang Mai then for Dubai.

After questioning the suspect on Wednesday, Thai police chief Jaktip Chaijinda said Roach refused to cooperate with the police and he has requested for a lawyer to be present.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...t/2955232.html

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?232860-Thai-Police-WAITING-for-Sinkie-Police-to-Press-Charges&goto=newpost).