PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Women's Charter kicked in on July 1 2016 section, 146

Klick
12-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Changes to the Women's Charter kicked in on July 1 and they include a new section, 146A, which targets those who operate or maintain websites which offer sexual services or allow prostitutes to advertise.

Those convicted can be fined up to $10,000 or jailed for up to five years, or both.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/modern-tech-shakes-up-worlds-oldest-profession?xtor=EREC-16-1

What are the ramifications for this forum then?

sammyboyfor
12-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Nothing has changed. In the old days webmasters were charged with living off the earnings of prostitutes.

This just makes it easier for the police to define the charges.

sadfa
12-07-2016, 04:55 AM
Nothing has changed. In the old days webmasters were charged with living off the earnings of prostitutes.

You're not worried it is targeted at you?

sammyboyfor
12-07-2016, 04:56 AM
You're not worried it is targeted at you?

Of course I'm worried but what can I do?

sadfa
12-07-2016, 04:59 AM

Just stay in Australia & new Zealand n don't even stopover in spore when you travel.

sammyboyfor
12-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Just stay in Australia & new Zealand n don't even stopover in spore when you travel.

That has been my modus operandi for the last 20 years.

sadfa
12-07-2016, 05:49 AM

Didn't I read in one of yr posts, u visited spore?

sony2002
12-07-2016, 01:35 PM

scary....i guess "they" know who you are?

steal
12-07-2016, 01:43 PM
You cannot catch all advertisers. Usually is whistle blower exposing the advertisers.

Those cases whereby the girls unhappy and when caught spilled all.

Klick
12-07-2016, 05:30 PM

But now the stature lists it clearly.

In the past when some FLs list on craigslist, they hardly delete (unless someone complain), now they are mass deleting

Forbes
12-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Remote communication service operated or maintained for offering or facilitating provision of sexual services, etc.

146A.—(1) A person in Singapore who, in the course of business, operates or maintains in Singapore a remote communication service that —

(a) offers or facilitates the provision by a woman or girl to another person of sexual services in return for payment or reward; or

(b) organises, manages or supervises the provision of sexual services referred to in paragraph (a), which may include inviting others to receive or participate in providing those services,

shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction —

(i) to a fine not exceeding $3,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both; and

(ii) in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to both.

(2) To avoid doubt, the reference in subsection (1) to the provision by a woman or girl to another person of sexual services in return for payment or reward includes, but is not limited to, a reference to the prostitution of the woman or girl.

(3) In subsection (1), “remote communication service” means —

(a) any website, web service or Internet application;

(b) any service using voice telephony;

(c) any service using a messaging system; or

(d) any other kind of electronic or other technology for facilitating communication.

From a plain reading, it seems that the offence is only committed if the person is "in Singapore" and "in the course of business" .....

So, if the person operating the website is not in Singapore or is in Singapore but not in the course of business of operating the website....then no offence? I can understand the presence in Singapore part of it but don't understand why the authorities are making it difficult for themselves to also prove that the person is in the business of operating the website promoting whores and the like.

sammyboyfor
12-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Remote communication service operated or maintained for offering or facilitating provision of sexual services, etc.

146A.—(1) A person in Singapore who, in the course of business, operates or maintains in Singapore a remote communication service that —

(a) offers or facilitates the provision by a woman or girl to another person of sexual services in return for payment or reward; or

I guess I should transform the website into one that offers the services of BOYS or MEN in return for payment or reward.

So Gigolos and Gays please contact me for advertising opportunities.

sadfa
12-07-2016, 07:17 PM
You cannot catch all advertisers. Usually is whistle blower exposing the advertisers.

Those cases whereby the girls unhappy and when caught spilled all.

Who say wan. They nailed two big players with their own websites. If u know how their business works, its actually nt difficult to nail them.

hugs
12-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Simply put, and is related to Woman's Charter, to protect any female from bad experiences.

Most likely say, when a FL or a WL become unhappy, she can use this on her "manager/pimp". She can get him into trouble. $3000/- is nothing for first timer offender but jail term is troublesome.

Maybe the Govt foresee in future more local or PR girls will enter this trade so they want to protect them before the scene turns ugly.

Secondly, Such websites have always been managed outside of Singapore for decades, even Lxxxxboy is not in Sg, for example, so this is not targeting directly at SBF. It is targeting those new websites and those operating from wechat etc, own and managed in SG from trying to become another SBF. There can never be another SBF, this is a very very niche business:p

But there are those operating from phone apps and harder to track down so for the safety of those girls, including sexual risks, this law is to protect them, should they end up with physical abuse or kena STD or Aids. Or committed suicide.

The govt probably has foreseen social and economic issues on the rise in future with the girls from the next generation. Seriously it is not hard to see. Every day whenever local girls go to school, there will be a foreigner, say from PRC, carrying Gucci schoolbag lah, LV wallets lah, A* in higher mother tongue lah, English can get from F9 to A1 in one year because parents hire university lecturers as tuitors! How to compete during their crucial teenage years? These local girls are broken and it is the society's fault.

(b) organises, manages or supervises the provision of sexual services referred to in paragraph

(2) To avoid doubt, the reference in subsection (1) to the provision by a woman or girl to another person of sexual services in return for payment or reward includes, but is not limited to, a reference to the prostitution of the woman or girl.

(3) In subsection (1), “remote communication service” means —

(a) any website, web service or Internet application;

(b) any service using voice telephony;

(c) any service using a messaging system; or

(d) any other kind of electronic or other technology for facilitating communication.

hugs
12-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Can I be the mod in charge of those men's photographs?

I guess I should transform the website into one that offers the services of BOYS or MEN in return for payment or reward.

So Gigolos and Gays please contact me for advertising opportunities.

afterburn
12-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Women's Charter serves the interests of feminists. If the law covers websites advertising MEN services ... that would go against their interests right?? :-)

Our laws here seriously outdated and does not take into account lgbt existence. Pink Dot never make noise?

S.B.Y.1
12-07-2016, 09:00 PM

You can always zap them :D. or use the ignore button :p

shawn teo
12-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Can I be the mod in charge of those men's photographs?

You should test their service quality to see if they are good or not . :p ;)

greenmonster
12-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Women's Charter serves the interests of feminists. If the law covers websites advertising MEN services ... that would go against their interests right?? :-)

Our laws here seriously outdated and does not take into account lgbt existence. Pink Dot never make noise?

Yes! Right on the point! Garment allowed fxxking pink dot and denied straight and normal men to seek their desire relieved, perhaps garment want them to turn GAY!