PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat guess the country: we are seen as demons by them

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-07-2016, 10:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Shit skins complain of "racism" all the time but are the most racist of all

Africans in India: “We are seen as demons”

July 2, 2016

The handful of Africans who are living in India—mostly students on study visas—have complained that they are subjected to “racism” by Indians and are “seen as demons.”

According to one student, Nigerian Zaharaddeen Muhammed, they all know at least one Hindi word: “bander,” which means “monkey.”

In a lengthy interview with Aljazeera, Zaharaddeen said that he has doubted his decision to attend an Indian university because of the “daily derogatory comments,” the “questions about personal hygiene,” the “unsolicited touching of his hair,” the “endless staring,” and his “failure to interact with Indian people on a deeper level.”

“People often look at me as if I am different, and hard to be trusted,” Zaharaddeen told Aljazeera. “I have never been at an Indian person’s home, as a friend. No one has visited me.”

Zaharaddeen is a member of the Association of African Students in India (ASAI), which last month announced a protest rally at New Delhi’s Janter Manter.

“African students no longer feel safe in India; we have to deal with racism at every turn,” said the ASAI statement.

The rally was planned after the Congolese teacher Masonda Kitanda Olivier died in an attack in Delhi in May. A week later, six Africans, including two women and a clergyman who was on his way home with his wife and baby, were attacked by men with cricket bats, Aljazeera said.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?232342-guess-the-country-we-are-seen-as-demons-by-them&goto=newpost).