PDA

View Full Version : Serious Singaporeans are now forced to give up their Citizenship because of Medishiel

Sammyboy RSS Feed
23-05-2016, 10:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My sister just told me that she will be giving up her Singapore citizenship. In spite of living in Aussie land for more than 20 years, she retained her Singapore citizenship "just in case" things don't work out.

She finally made her decision to cut off her connection to Singapore when the govt unilaterally deducted several hundred dollars from her CPF to pay for Medishield Life, an insurance scheme she has no need for as she is paying Aussie taxes and is eligible for Aussie Health benefits.
Failure to pay Medishield Life premiums may result in her arrest at the Airport in Singapore.

I seriously wonder how many Singapore citizens living overseas will now revoke their citizenship?
I would not be surprised if it would be in the tens of thousands. I would not be surprised if Pinky's balls would shrink when this happens .....

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229986-Singaporeans-are-now-forced-to-give-up-their-Citizenship-because-of-Medishield-Life&goto=newpost).