PDA

View Full Version : What you do does not determine who you are ! Now I understand Paul Thambiya.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
10-05-2016, 03:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Paul Thambiya is using a spiritual analogy when he says ' What you do does not determine who you are.' And that's true!. He is not saying that character is not important. He is saying on the contrary that character or rather your own identity is the essence of your actions and behavior. In other words, what he means is this ,' What you do does not determine who you are, but what you are determines what you do. '

I believe Paul is a Christian, so the analogy is very similar to the following : if you think you're a no good child of God, you'll live like a no good child of God ( Your identity is an issue and it reflects on you behaving badly ) - but when you realise the truth of who you are in Christ, it will revolutionise your behaviour, you want to live and be a good child of God. Your good behavior reflects your identity or your character in essence.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?229409-What-you-do-does-not-determine-who-you-are-!-Now-I-understand-Paul-Thambiya&goto=newpost).