PDA

View Full Version : Am I Teochew or Cantonese ? Are all Hong Kong people Cantonese ?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
28-04-2016, 12:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

You know what annoys me most ? when I tell some Chinese idiot that my origins are from Chaozhou they be like " Oh.... you're a Cháo zhōu rén like me, we are brothers " ( Inside my head I'd be like shut the f*ck up )

My origins are from Chaozhou but culturally/linguistically I'm Cantonese. So how do I identify myself ? A Cantonese Hong Konger / Singaporean mix race. However according to the the idiots on this video you have to be a Chiu Chow if your roots are from them and what annoys me is they always keep pointing our origins back to mainland China which pisses me off ! Like the people in this stupid video nearly 9/10 of the comments on this video come from insecure overseas Chinese migrants from Southeast Asia like Thailand, Vietnam ect

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?228816-Am-I-Teochew-or-Cantonese-Are-all-Hong-Kong-people-Cantonese&goto=newpost).