PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with security agency. Legal advice needed.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
19-04-2016, 09:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My agency is screwing around with me.

I sent an SMS to my O.E. on the 17th of April, informing him of my decision to resign. According to my contract, I have to give 2 weeks notice. So I told him my last day would be the 29th of April.

No reply from him.

I sent him another SMS the following day, the 18th of April. Again, no reply.

So I sent an email to the HR department of the agency informing them of my decision to resign. This email was sent on the evening of the 18th. In my email, I asked them to acknowledge my resignation via email or text message.

Today, I called the HR person and asked her if she has seen my email. She said yes. So I ended the call assuming they have already acknowledged my resignation.

But I just checked my inbox and there's nothing from the agency.

Are they allowed to screw around with my resignation like that? Can they just ignore my resignation in order to make me stay with the agency?

I am kinda worried because on the 1st of May, I will get confirmed as a permanent staff or something like that and that means (according to my contract), I would have to give a whole month's notice to resign.

Can they keep on ignoring me and only "formally" receive my resignation on 1st May and force me to stay on for another month?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?228411-Trouble-with-security-agency-Legal-advice-needed&goto=newpost).