PDA

View Full Version : My theory on why the 2 Asshole Capts threw 6 instead of 2 smoke grenades

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-03-2016, 09:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

This is going back to my SAF days many moons ago. Usually when in training, you are told to draw out X amount of ammo and such not. In many instances, the men are instructed to use all the ammo up. Each exercise is prescribed a certain amount and if you do not use it all up, it could be interpreted as you were skiving during the exercise. Many men I know simply fired a few rounds and the buried the rest of the live ammo in the ground so that they don't have to spend too much time cleaning their weapons from excessive fouling caused by many rounds being fired. As the same time, ammo was discouraged to be returned to the ammo dump or storage. Mostly because once the ammo has been issued and out in the field, it could be returned covered in mud, or might have damaged on it that the ammo men did not notice. Also it throws off the ammo count in the storage and in real pain in the ass for those storemen receiving it. therefore, all units are usually told to EXPEND ALL AMMO ISSUED for training.

My guess was that this particular batch of men going through the training was nearing the end of the day. there were extra smoke grenades left over and because these 2 Capts did not want their instructors to bother with returning unused smoke grenades, they decided to expend it all. And as a result, the extra smoke overwhelmed the recruit and killed him. In other words, laziness on the part of the instructors contributed to his death. otherwise there is no other explanation as to why 2 Capts who know the SOP to be 2 grenades for no reason threw 6. I don't believe this question was ever asked during the lawsuit and directed at the Capts. i.e. "Why did you throw 6 instead of 3 smoke grenades?" Anyway, that is just my 2 cents theory.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?227314-My-theory-on-why-the-2-Asshole-Capts-threw-6-instead-of-2-smoke-grenades&goto=newpost).