PDA

View Full Version : Trials and tribulations of a family at Rochalie Drive

Sammyboy RSS Feed
25-03-2016, 04:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

With my packet of econ bee hoon and my sealed cup of bubble tea, I am on my way to do the night shift. I do enjoy this shift, very quiet and little to do except listen to the radio with earphones. There is also something else about listening to the radio with earphones which I will come back to you later. Best gig I got since I was retrenched as an engineer with an MNC. Well it could be worst as I could be guarding an ex-classmate's house from NUS. Anyway back to the radio and earphones. For some reason, it seems to pick up conversations from this man's house. I am not sure if the service technicians fixed it to the wrong frequency but what the hell, its entertainment. And the fun begins late at night at about 9.30pm.

Him: Babe, can we talk. This is important

Her: I know what you going to say, remove Desmond right?

Him: I think its deeper than that. The whole Temasek seems to be a bad idea. You know the Cabinet goes silent when anything with Temasek comes up. Its either fear or resentment. I can't work it out. In the end I will be the one having a monologue.

Her: Huh. You do realise that nearly everything in Singapore is connected to Temasek. Practically every cabinet minister has some aspect of Temasek that falls within their ambit, from Planes to Trains. From Banks to phones and god knows what else. How can they keep quiet.

Him: Thats the problem. I got this sense that they think I am not in charge. When Daddy-O was alive and when we had the preliminary cabinet meetings and it was practically no holds barred when it came to Temasek. Even the usual PLPs like Swee Say are silent now.

Her: You think they know something we don't.

Him: Cannot be. We got the whole country wired and the Civil Service upper echelon cannot get the same pay outside.

Her: Why don't you test the waters by suggesting that I will be stepping down.

Him: Won't work. Remember Chip. They already suspected it was a wayang. They won't bite again.

Her: Why don't you pull aside one or two of them and talk to them privately.

Him: Remember we tried with Lui. He wanted Desmond out and get a proper Rail executive with a proven track record. I said no and he walked. I cannot afford to play poker with these guys. And he is right. Why run a Ministry where you cannot make decisions and still get the brickbats.

Her: Its a double edge sword, you give in once and they climb all over your head.

Him: Maybe I don't turn up for Cabinet meetings and see what the minutes reflect.

Her: Not a good idea. People are already talking about you missing during major incidents.

Her: Hey, where you going?

Him: I thought I go to chomp chomp and buys some hawker fare. People love it when they see me queue up and eat hawker food. You should see the aunties and uncles in PA and grassroots when I meet them. Its orgasmic for them. I don't know why I did not think of it before.

Her: Don't go chomp chomp, standard a bit shaky. Go to Simpang Bedok, I hear it is a happening place. Get the Soup Tulang, heaven, real heaven.

Him: No go. No need to queue and they come to you while you are seated and they are quick. Exposure time limited. Also mainly Malay food, we need to bringing more of the Chinese in.

Her: Why don't you go Chomp Chomp, get the food, throw it in the bin and then go to Simpang Bedok.

Him: You see even food I got no control.

So Singaporean brother and sisters, this is the sort of things that I pick up the from the Radio. Exciting or not. My wife told me that since I started in this job, my outlook has been positive. Anyway, time for some bee soon and a sip of bubble tea while my mate Rizal covers the static post.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?227212-Trials-and-tribulations-of-a-family-at-Rochalie-Drive&goto=newpost).