PDA

View Full Version : Sweet & Sour Pork

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-03-2016, 07:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I wrote this piece last night (Sunday) while lying on my comfy bed, using my mobile note app. I was too tired to post. I told myself to put to "print" today. I am having some spare time now, in between meetings. It’s all about my favourite dish as per title, plus of course my usual bitching about life :)

... And here it is ...

I am back home after spending my usual weekends at his place. For dinner, I did a one dish meal ∼ Sweet & Sour Pork. He said he liked it. Well, here's my simple recipe, which has never failed me. Even with my previous beaus loved my signature dish (and yes, and that includes my second ex-beau, the Brit) :)

The recipe ~

Roughly half kg of pork shoulder, cut in cubes, seasoned with salt, pepper, custard powder and 1 beaten egg. (Marinade for at least 2 hours in the chiller).

After, dredge the cubed pork with plain flour, corn flour and rice flour. Set temperature of deep fryer to 180 degrees. Dump in the porky pork cubes. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain.

For sweet and sour sauce, add to the saucepan some ketchup, chili sauce, plum sauce, sugar, a little worcestershire sauce and a little "Japanese gun power" (for a spicy taste).

Bring sauce to boil. Turn off the fire. Dump in the drained deep fried crispy pork cubes. I often add “shaven” and “de-seeded” cucumber and some pineapple cubes, peppers too (solely for dish presentation, as I hate the taste of peppers, whether they are green, red or yellow).

Coat by folding everything with the hot sauce. Garnish. Eat with piping hot rice.

Well, he liked this home-made comfort swine food. So do I :)

While having our porky dinner, I decided to "launch" a probe about his ex-flames. I told him he has to make a full and frank disclosure, re: his multitude of “Houris” that he had been with, otherwise, he would not get any comfort swine food nor my consent in intimacy, in future.

My “blackmail” succeeded ~ though with hindsight ~ it actually boomeranged and backfired now :(∼ cos while writing this piece, and recalling what he had revealed just now, I reckon “knowledge” does hurt more than “ignorance”.

I hope he has changed. I hope he learns from his mistakes. I know it is precarious for me to be with him, given his “vibrant” past. I have said to myself I will change him to be a better man, and I am determined.

I am sure I am his "saviour", just like God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him (of course, provided if you are a fervent Christian and you believe in biblical folklore).

We only had time to talk about “Amkae” (not her real name), one of his ex-subordinates, a young lady, who joined his team and subsequently "went with him" after the "demise" of Wendy, Cocotte and Saseko.

He said that he first set his eyes on Amkae during the interview process. She had long flowing hair, captivating big and bright eyes that (according to him) ∼"can talk". He added that Amkae always carried a "Mona Lisa" expression (which I assume he meant mysterious?).

He said he chose her over many other candidates as he felt that he could "gel" with her. I was appalled on hearing that, as I always believe that merit is the first and most important criterion. I told him off. He rebutted that Amkae had the "merit" plus her "pleasant" personality and "proper" looks. Gosh! It sounded all so sleazy, I muttered to myself. No wonder there are so many "young Amkaes" in workplaces nowadays.

Cut the long story short, they grew closer together through frequent work interactions and business travels. He said they finally hitched during an overseas trip in her hotel room after some drinks at the bar discussing work (?), and following that, Amkae discarded her (then) boyfriend and went with him ∼ and the rest was history.

I tried to probe further, he refused to reveal more details. He “bolted” the topic, saying that she was a "hungry" girl. Well, it was getting late too and I needed to go home. I left it there, not wanting to irate him, by digging further on Amkae, the S%#T.

In my muddled thoughts now, while penning this piece, I am wondering what is "hungry" What damn hunger is he referring to?

Ambitious? Aspiring? Enterprising? Resourceful? Or some seedy bedroom terminology?

Swine! I am contemplating adding lots of vinegar into the Sweet and Sour Pork next time.

Alas, I am tired. It has been a very "long" weekend with the public saga of David and Wendy triggering my fears, angst and suspicions.

I guess I have to stop writing such "personal info" pieces to rid the misgivings and trepidations in me.

Nite.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?226577-Sweet-amp-Sour-Pork&goto=newpost).