PDA

View Full Version : Man takes drugs to get himself locked in police cell to escape nagging parents

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-02-2016, 07:20 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Chinese man takes drugs to get himself locked in police cell to escape nagging parents

But he found his 15-day sentence for taking crystal meth too long and tried – without success – to withdraw his claim

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 25 February, 2016, 2:53pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 25 February, 2016, 9:48pm

Glora Chan
[email protected]

http://cdn2.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/images/methode/2016/02/25/4342984e-db8a-11e5-ba33-b7a5a5ded6db_1280x720.jpg?itok=cOx0TXLd

A Chinese man has been sentenced to 15 days detention after admitting taking the drug crystal meth so he could be locked up in a police cell to escape his nagging parents. File photo: AFP

A Chinese man was so desperate to escape his nagging parents that he took drugs then turned himself in to police so they would lock him in a cell for a couple of days of peace and quiet, mainland media reports.

However, his plan backfired when police locked him up for 15 days, so he complained that the sentence was too long and tried to withdraw his claim, the Fuzhou Evening News reported on Wednesday.

“I just want to be locked up for one or two days – 15 days is too long – so I want to cancel my claim to the police,” the report quoted him as saying to police.

Local police ignored his request after discovering he had taken drugs, and he now remains in detention.

The man, 26, identified only by his surname, Chen, was living with his parents in the city of Fuzhou, in Fujian province, when he turned himself in to police for taking drugs on Monday.

At first police thought he was either joking or had mental problems. Yet urine tests confirmed that Chen had taken the drug methamphetamine, or crystal meth.

The report said Chen had always been a problem for his parents and had been jailed twice before for theft.

Worried that he would commit another crime, Chen’s parents had kept on telling him to find a proper job, the report said.

“If you keep on nagging, I will get myself locked up at the police station,” the report quoted Chen telling his parents on Monday.

His parents ignored his threats so Chen went ahead with his threat.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?225689-Man-takes-drugs-to-get-himself-locked-in-police-cell-to-escape-nagging-parents&goto=newpost).