PDA

View Full Version : Mentally Unstable NSF Wants To Be Civil Servant Woh! Guess His Race?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-02-2016, 11:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://images.allsingaporestuff.com/styles/big_within_article/s3/field/image/bipolar_singapore_nsf_worried_futured_civil_servan t.jpg?itok=VoI256C8

Some background I'm currently serving in NS as a clerk. I graduated from a local Polytechnic, high GPA, one of the top students ( received awards, distinctions etc) Received awards from minister, and Mendaki Anugerah awardee( Yes I'm Malay)

Admitted to the Local University I wanted, NTU and into the course I wanted(Materials Engineering, Skipped a year. Taking an additional minor too.

Prior to NS, I was doing numerous free-lance jobs and external projects on my own, building websites, working for overseas companies and getting offers of that sort, made a few businesses of my own, I made a flyer business, ecommerce, investments in shares. Didn't really sleep much and felt really energetic and was working almost all the time. Joined a few High IQ societies out of boredom too and out of grandiose beliefs. [ This is reminiscent of the Manic phase in Bipolar)

Enlisted to NS Sep 2014 During National Service, I suffered from severe depression ( or so I thought), I was feeling down and I thought it was normal for everyone else too, I had all these thoughts about being a loser, not being worth anything in life and delusions of having problems girlfriend problems, financial problems, social life problems and I had trouble having any sort of cohesion with anyone, most do not like the type of conversations I usually employ and I was out-casted.

Advertisement

At the same time, I felt so angry at the world, as if my issues were both projected inwards as well as outwards blaming the world. Feeling so stern inside yet having the ability to break at any point. Due to the nature of my behaviour in camp and just lack of any confidence in myself and the fact that I couldn't pass my IPPT, flunked my Sit-test, I was posted to be a Security Trooper, my depression worsened and one day I broke down in training and started crying on the floor. I suppose my terrible vocation had a part in my depressed mood.

I was moved out of training and was queued for MMI. Months later, visited MMI, after several interviews and tests, I was informed I had bipolar disorder. The usual route for Bipolar Disorder was a straight Pes F and was told it was via directive. Of course, I declined and with the fact that they said I had a bright future, we made some agreement to circumvent it so that I can continue to serve as Pes E9

Some months later in my new vocation as a clerk, my condition worsened again, despite having down pes and being a clerk, I was still crying for months, sometimes hiding in a room, in the corner, or in the toilet. Trying not to get spotted. I attempted suicide too but failed.

Then one day, this year, I was caught in my act, a few hours later I was warded to IMH ( so now I have an IMH record) for a week. Sent back to MMI, got so close to getting Pes F again, my parents had to beg the doctor not to let me Pes F due to the severe consequences of not serving NS.

My condition is stable now, I take regular exercises and try to be more conscious of my thoughts, take a few supplements too.

But the fact that my PES is E9 and my condition was for F, as well as the IMH record. Do I still have a chance to work for a large MNC or for Government?

TLDR; Got Good academics, Diploma and local Uni degree. Down-Pes due to mental health Can still work in government?

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/art...career-options (http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/bright-bipolar-nsf-will-my-pes-e-status-affect-future-career-options)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?225484-Mentally-Unstable-NSF-Wants-To-Be-Civil-Servant-Woh!-Guess-His-Race&goto=newpost).