PDA

View Full Version : SingPass 2FA help!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-02-2016, 05:30 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Stupid SingPass claims you can choose either (OneKey) Token or SMS (mobile phone) when setting up 2FA. But when I try to setup 2FA, only Token is available, no SMS???

Link OneKey Token
You can link your activated token to your SingPass account.

Anyone knows how I can select SMS (mobile phone) instead of being forced to use Token? Or why SMS is not an available option for me? It can't be because my SingPass account doesn't have a mobile phone no registered, because I *do* have a Singapore mobile phone no registered with my SingPass.

Help!

Update : When I click on "Manage 2-Step Verification", I get the msg "You have not set up your 2-step verification for SingPass. Please click here to complete your setup" which seems to confirm 2FA isn't set up on my SingPass account. Yet when I tried changing my password, they successfully sent the OTP (required to change password) to my registered mobile phone. Isn't that (ie. sending a OTP to my mobile phone) already considered 2FA? So is 2FA set up on my account yet or not??? If not, why can't I choose SMS (mobile phone) instead of Token???

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?224595-SingPass-2FA-help!&goto=newpost).