PDA

View Full Version : Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

lungless
15-01-2007, 08:54 PM
i read the papers today and there is no mention of big names for january. those mentioned were darren bent, ashley young etc... sometimes i would rather see big $um spent on one big star player than spread it over purchases of a few "doing quite well" players.

robinson is crappy and thats the truth now. you saw the equaliser from the newcastle young guy? the shot went thru robinson's legs at that kind of angle. go buy lyon's coupet, i'd say.

I truly believe that Darren Bent is sheer class....i rate him as high as ian wright. Robinson has not been performing well since the start of the season, looks like the newly acquired under 21 england keeper will get his chance soon?? I really hope that Spurs will get Ribery....he is the kind of talent that will split the opposition defence.

putrawk
16-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I truly believe that Darren Bent is sheer class....i rate him as high as ian wright. Robinson has not been performing well since the start of the season, looks like the newly acquired under 21 england keeper will get his chance soon?? I really hope that Spurs will get Ribery....he is the kind of talent that will split the opposition defence.

I'd say, give Alnwick a chance. Surely he is no Ian Walker. He has quite a big reputation as the future of England. So why not rest Robbo. Obviously, Robbo has not been doing well this season. Maybe because he was ever present for us. Maybe he is feeling the strain of playing all the matches, not only for us but also for England as he was heavilly involved in the World cup. No summer rest for him. Jol should give Alnwick a chance, as I reckon it will do wonders for Robbo to have that rest. Also, time to sign some players. We looked weak in defence, notabley because of King's absence. Sign a replacement CB now. Let go of deadwoods like Gardner, Defendi and Leigh Mills. Sign 1 good CB and 1 CB with potential. I have thrown out names in this forum but Im sure there are more fishes in the sea. LB position looks worrying too...YP Lee ...well, just put it this way, he is actually a LMF. He plays LMF for Korea and only played as a LB when he first played for PSV. Assou Ekotto is good, dun get me wrong, but I think he is not ready to step in just yet. He needs to improve on his passing and defending. And Pls pls pls get a decent LMF. We had 3 chances to sign a LMF. Failed. Now is the time as it is evident that we lacked creavity on that side of field. Steed has done well, but I guess he is better off playing in the centre with Huddlestone or Zokora or Jenas. Ribery...I like him a lot. But note that teams like ARSE-nal, Inter, Roma, Barca and Real are all eyeing him. I doubt that he will come to us unless we can qualify for the CL or at least win a cup this season. How about Jerome Rothen. He was class when he was with Monaco but injury limited his abilty while playing for PSG. But he is improving and looks to come back. But Im a big fan of Hatem Ben Arfa and van Der Vaart. We were linked to these two players in the summer but somehow the rumours went quite after that. And Whats this case about Mido then?? He is class in my opinion but a bit tempremental. If this distrupts the atmosphere at the N17, then sell him off. Buy someone else. Klose maybe? Moroune Chamakh? Raul? Bendtner...I like him but he is ARSEnal's. Maybe we ought to sign Berbatov's best friend, Bojinov of Juve...I dunno too many strikers out there who is rather good. But if we were to sell Mido, please dont attemp to re-sign Steffen Iversen! LOL

Castrol
17-01-2007, 10:32 AM

darren bent, i dont know man, he is a powerful striker and does score spectaculars but doesnt get past defenders often.

the thing about goalkeepers is that 2nd choice hardly get the chance to replace the 1st choice, unless there's injury. standby for more howlers...

Castrol
17-01-2007, 10:43 AM
How about Jerome Rothen. He was class when he was with Monaco but injury limited his abilty while playing for PSG. But he is improving and looks to come back. But Im a big fan of Hatem Ben Arfa and van Der Vaart. We were linked to these two players in the summer but somehow the rumours went quite after that. And Whats this case about Mido then??

bro, you got to use paragraphs otherwise my beautiful eyeballs will be become one big one small. :D

i remember rothen, the blonde left winger. he was very good a few years back, with the big clubs all over him. but like the great sebastian deisler, kanna long term injury.

i read spurs intends to offload mido to make way for another striker, why so? mido just signed the perm deal this season! he has been good and scoring right?

putrawk
17-01-2007, 03:24 PM
bro, you got to use paragraphs otherwise my beautiful eyeballs will be become one big one small. :D

i read spurs intends to offload mido to make way for another striker, why so? mido just signed the perm deal this season! he has been good and scoring right?

Hey man sorry bout the paragraph. Not my intention to make u look like a reatrded toad....hehe. Ok..here's my 1st paragrah jump...ready, steady, ....GO!

Phew...close one! Well, Mido has been excellent for us but like I sed, if it distrupts the bondness of the Spurs family, might as well let him go. Mind you we have a young team and attitude like this shouldnt be tolerated. He should know better coz he has played in 5 different countries, Egypt, Holland, France, Italy and England...all of which he has had a spat with their managers and players...One man doesnt make a team so I reckon if he goes, it will not hurt us one bit as Berba and Defoe are our 1st choice. We want harmony at the Lane and he, as a player must obey his superiors. My friend at Chelsea, I dunno if u ever heard of the Younghusband clan there. He's a reserve player and a Philipine international and a friend of my wife's brother in-law. He emailed to me and sed that he heard that Drogba wants Mido at Chelsea as both of them formed a partnership while at Marseille. I dunno how far this story goes, but if he were to join Chelsea, he would surely get enuff stick from the fans at White Hart Lane...unless if we exchange him with Sheva...(too good to be true!!!)...and then re-sign Rebrov (!)(?):p

Castrol
19-01-2007, 05:42 PM
a true legend for club and country, Osvaldo Ardiles is one of the most creative and influential midfielders i have ever seen. he is an excellent dribbler, whenever he runs forward with the ball "glued" to his foot, the entire spurs team become a double edged sword.

unlike hoddle, Ossie's game was short passing. very often, he would lure a few opponent players to himself before unleashing a pass to a team mate in a goal scoring space. like riquelme, he hardly loses possession.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/ARDILES_O_19790113_GH_R.jpg

1978-1988

POSITION
Midfielder

DATE OF BIRTH
Sunday, 3rd August 1952

PLACE OF BIRTH
Cordoba, Argentina

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 19th August 1978 in a 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest (Aged: 26)

CLUB CAREER
221 League apps (+16 as sub), 16 goals

qbdp
20-01-2007, 09:47 AM
congrats, bro castrol

feyenoord is disqualified and spurs moved to last 16!:D

Castrol
20-01-2007, 10:07 AM
congrats, bro castrol

you're right bro, i saw your post and with lightning speed went to soccernet and read about it. uefa ban feyenoord due to crowd trouble earlier in the season. spurs may get the thru ball or face wisla krakow instead.

bro DK must be devastated, i better send some beer to him. :D

lungless
20-01-2007, 10:26 AM
congrats, bro castrol

I think haven't confirm yet into moving into the last 16....may have to meet Wisla Krakow. Playing or not playing are still good news for the team....Play will get more revenue....not playing will do the players good with more rest:)

lungless
20-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Its a pity that they let Calum Davenport go - i personally think that he has potential if allowed to play longer...I hope to see Dorian Devite play when he recovers from injury. This 18 year old is a massive talent!!

lungless
20-01-2007, 10:33 AM
a true legend for club and country, Osvaldo Ardiles is one of the most creative and influential midfielders i have ever seen. he is an excellent dribbler, whenever he runs forward with the ball "glued" to his foot, the entire spurs team become a double edged sword.

unlike hoddle, Ossie's game was short passing. very often, he would lure a few opponent players to himself before unleashing a pass to a team mate in a goal scoring space. like riquelme, he hardly loses possession.

1978-1988

POSITION
Midfielder

DATE OF BIRTH
Sunday, 3rd August 1952

PLACE OF BIRTH
Cordoba, Argentina

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 19th August 1978 in a 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest (Aged: 26)

CLUB CAREER
221 League apps (+16 as sub), 16 goals

One of my Fav Spurs Player....i like the team of 1980-1984 alot!!

Castrol
22-01-2007, 10:20 AM
fulham 1 spurs 1

thank God for chim!

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6389010_7_1.jpg
Pascal Chimbonda of Tottenham Hotspur shoots and scores a last minute equalizer.

Castrol
22-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Its a pity that they let Calum Davenport go - i personally think that he has potential if allowed to play longer...I hope to see Dorian Devite play when he recovers from injury. This 18 year old is a massive talent!!

there's no doubt davenport has lots of quality but i feel he is still not good enough to be third in the pecking order behind king and dawson, if spurs is to fight for top 4 finish that is.

my worry is what i read about jol looking at anton ferdinand. he's fantastic last season but this season, i think i can defend better than him.

who's devite, i dont see him before lay? is he english?

Shiokday
22-01-2007, 12:23 PM
fulham 1 spurs 1
[/I]

i made a side bet with a bro tat this game will be draw...too bad i did not put some $ with sgpools...haizzz:(

Castrol
22-01-2007, 01:01 PM
i made a side bet with a bro tat this game will be draw...too bad i did not put some $ with sgpools...haizzz:(

when i saw zokora, keane and lennon in the reserve list before the match started, i also hoped for a draw. but you know ah, ever since this sgpools shop moved away from my workplace, me loogi a lot la.

whole week i kept telling myself for the top 2 matches hor, just go buy the 2 home teams win, maybe 100 each (liv and ars). bo pun chart right? alamak, friday nite go lim lim and met the most beautiful pub waitress i've ever seen, saturday hangover, forgot everything until 8.40pm then slap my own forehead. :D

putrawk
22-01-2007, 01:06 PM
there's no doubt davenport has lots of quality but i feel he is still not good enough to be third in the pecking order behind king and dawson, if spurs is to fight for top 4 finish that is.

my worry is what i read about jol looking at anton ferdinand. he's fantastic last season but this season, i think i can defend better than him.

who's devite, i dont see him before lay? is he english?

Devite is a French u-21 international. Massive Talent but of course needs time to adapt. He is a regular for our reserve team and I think he should be given a chance now that Callum have left us. But the names that have been linked to us will defintely be a healhy competition, even for King and Dawson. Upson, Micah Richards, Heinze, Collocinni are all capaple of playing in the centre, although Richards and Heize would prefer to play on the right.

As for the Fulham game, we didnt have the desire to win, even after Helgusson;s sending off. We only played when Fulham got the goal. This is typical Spurs I tell you. Football is a 90 min game, and we must create as many chances in the whole 90 mins.

And one more thing, I got zapped by a bro just because I support Spurs....JUSTICE! Sheesh...

Shiokday
22-01-2007, 01:43 PM
alamak, friday nite go lim lim and met the most beautiful pub waitress i've ever seen,

pretty waitress? got give you half ball anot?:D

Castrol
22-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Upson, Micah Richards, Heinze, Collocinni are all capaple of playing in the centre, although Richards and Heize would prefer to play on the right.

And one more thing, I got zapped by a bro just because I support Spurs....JUSTICE! Sheesh...

wow... french under 21, devite may be spurs secret weapon! upson is quite solid, coloccini is the argentine centre back right, the one with the big hair? he's good la. the best is he and heinze come together.

who diap your pts? did she/he identify herself/himself?

Castrol
22-01-2007, 02:34 PM
pretty waitress? got give you half ball anot?:D

her boobs small but sibei swee la. tak boleh tahan... smell very nice too. :D

putrawk
22-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Nope no identification. He/she just cut the title (TH-The pride of London) , followed ny "What a Joke!" Now my bros duwan to layan me. Have to give more FRs lah...tiu...

Shiokday
22-01-2007, 03:27 PM
... smell very nice too. :D

1st time u know her...she already let u smell her pussy?...i really need to start to drink a few cold beers to learn somthing from u...:D

Castrol
22-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Nope no identification. He/she just cut the title (TH-The pride of London) , followed ny "What a Joke!" Now my bros duwan to layan me. Have to give more FRs lah...tiu...

i also kanna before lay. there are many ah qua out there, what to do? since my boobs loving bro Shiokday is nearby, i will ask him to extend some pts for you, not for the love of pts but for the pride of london - tottenham hotspur! :D

http://www.funnyoldgame.net/images/new%20spurs%20badge%20(2).jpg

Castrol
22-01-2007, 05:06 PM
1st time u know her...she already let u smell her pussy?...i really need to start to drink a few cold beers to learn somthing from u...:D

haha... yes it was by chance, i bent down to pick up my 50cent coin and her pinkish pussy was there when i looked up to see where that fresh fragrance come from. :D

Shiokday
22-01-2007, 05:49 PM
i will ask him to extend some pts for you, not for the love of pts but for the pride of london - tottenham hotspur! :D

i love white hart lane...got any spurs fan showing their (.)(.) while watching them kick some ass? :D

Castrol
23-01-2007, 10:00 AM
i love white hart lane...got any spurs fan showing their (.)(.) while watching them kick some ass? :D

bro i can see you up putrawk's pts already is it? you are my friend la. if you want to see big (.)(.) hor, you have to watch the full 90mins game everytime spurs play at home becos sometimes got naked blondes running across the field during the match. dont miss it. :D

onion_rings
23-01-2007, 10:53 AM
bro i can see you up putrawk's pts already is it?

Bro u need help??? Ok i help u...Oops when i tried to up him it put smething like "u have to spread ard some reputation b4 giving him again" Cheers! kekek:D

Castrol
23-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Bro u need help??? Ok i help u...Oops when i tried to up him it put smething like "u have to spread ard some reputation b4 giving him again" Cheers! kekek:D

thanks bro, good heart gets good return. buy spurs win next game, 100% hosay. you win already remember to buy sherine a nice dress for CNY ok. :D

LETS KICK AH QUA ZAPPING OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Shiokday
23-01-2007, 11:35 AM
bro i can see you up putrawk's pts already is it? you are my friend la.

when u request for upping, consider it done...i do see some form of contribution from him...:)

putrawk
23-01-2007, 01:05 PM
when u request for upping, consider it done...i do see some form of contribution from him...:)

Wow bro Castrol and Shiokday...Thanks for your concerns. I didnt expect to get points when I told u guys I got Zapped. I just felt that it isnt fair to drop other people's points just because we support a different team . The title itself...Pride Of London has been Spurs' tagline since the days of Bill Nicholson. Its not to offend other London teams like ARSE-nal, Charlton, Chelsea, Fulham, Crystal Palace, MK Dons or even Barnet! Same goes to the song "Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur" ..it has been our song since forever, only for ManYoo to copy. We are original, and football is just a game, so ppl should just stop zapping and condemning other teams. Sportmanship is not just for the players, but 4 the fans as well.

As for naked streakers...Ive been to WHL for about 11 times in my lifetime but I only saw streakers in two ocassion. One was in the early 90s when we met Benfica in the Cup Winners Cup and the other was against Fiorentina, also in the 90s in a pre season friendly....and both of them are fat blokes!!! LOL...WHL are not prone to streakers as the marshals and security there are a bit tight, hence the ridiculously expensive ticket price given to non-season ticket holders...

And again, I would like to say thanks to Shiokday and Castrol for their kindness. We shall continue support the Spurs, eventhough u guys are from Singapore and Im a Malaysian! Together now...."The Future Is Bright, The Future Is Lily White, UP THE SPURS, UP THE SPURS!!"

putrawk
23-01-2007, 01:08 PM

And thanks to u too bro. Eventhough ure a scouser or a kop, you are kind enuff to contribute points for me. Not that I am point crazy, but I feel it is rather important if u wanna gain info from other bros here. Cheers mate.

onion_rings
23-01-2007, 02:51 PM
thanks bro, good heart gets good return. buy spurs win next game, 100% hosay. you win already remember to buy sherine a nice dress for CNY ok.

LETS KICK AH QUA ZAPPING OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Ur welcum bro Cas, errr next game to buy SPURS??? I scare scare leh... Cos i think next match is just 2days away vs Arsehole hoh(1st rd english carling cup)...They are now super in form after beating my kop & those scums recently heheh:p But heng ahh game in white hart lane so perhaps still got a bit of chance of getting a draw or steal a win??? kekeke!

No need to buy for her liao...Recently her nick always been mention by u & me till she so infamous that why she alrdy got lotsa lotsa secret admirer liao :D

LETS KICK AH QUA RACISIM OUT OF FOOTBALL TOO

onion_rings
23-01-2007, 02:53 PM
And thanks to u too bro. Eventhough ure a scouser or a kop, you are kind enuff to contribute points for me. Not that I am point crazy, but I feel it is rather important if u wanna gain info from other bros here. Cheers mate.

No probs bro, as long as u contribute more u will get rewarded & your 1st rep power :D

Castrol
23-01-2007, 06:31 PM
As for naked streakers...Ive been to WHL for about 11 times in my lifetime but I only saw streakers in two ocassion. One was in the early 90s when we met Benfica in the Cup Winners Cup and the other was against Fiorentina, also in the 90s in a pre season friendly....and both of them are fat blokes!!!

wow bro, 11 times you've been to the lane! salute! :D

Castrol
23-01-2007, 06:36 PM
No need to buy for her liao...Recently her nick always been mention by u & me till she so infamous that why she alrdy got lotsa lotsa secret admirer liao :D

LETS KICK AH QUA RACISIM OUT OF FOOTBALL TOO

spurs will be back to winning ways, top 5 finish + 3 cups are confirmed.

btw bro, i heard sherine is a liverpool fan like you is it? :p

lungless
23-01-2007, 06:37 PM
wow... french under 21, devite may be spurs secret weapon! upson is quite solid, coloccini is the argentine centre back right, the one with the big hair? he's good la. the best is he and heinze come together.

Dervite was also the French under 20 captain:) Not sure if he is the under 21 captain though.....Spurs have brought in Ricardo Rocha for 3.3 millions pounds in a 21/2 years contract deal. Hope he can adjust fast, but he is a talented Centre Back alright:)

lungless
23-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow bro Castrol and Shiokday...Thanks for your concerns. I didnt expect to get points when I told u guys I got Zapped. I just felt that it isnt fair to drop other people's points just because we support a different team . The title itself...Pride Of London has been Spurs' tagline since the days of Bill Nicholson. Its not to offend other London teams like ARSE-nal, Charlton, Chelsea, Fulham, Crystal Palace, MK Dons or even Barnet! Same goes to the song "Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur" ..it has been our song since forever, only for ManYoo to copy. We are original, and football is just a game, so ppl should just stop zapping and condemning other teams. Sportmanship is not just for the players, but 4 the fans as well.

As for naked streakers...Ive been to WHL for about 11 times in my lifetime but I only saw streakers in two ocassion. One was in the early 90s when we met Benfica in the Cup Winners Cup and the other was against Fiorentina, also in the 90s in a pre season friendly....and both of them are fat blokes!!! LOL...WHL are not prone to streakers as the marshals and security there are a bit tight, hence the ridiculously expensive ticket price given to non-season ticket holders...

And again, I would like to say thanks to Shiokday and Castrol for their kindness. We shall continue support the Spurs, eventhough u guys are from Singapore and Im a Malaysian! Together now...."The Future Is Bright, The Future Is Lily White, UP THE SPURS, UP THE SPURS!!"

Good to know that there is another truly great Spus Supporters here...Cheers

onion_rings
23-01-2007, 06:42 PM
btw bro, i heard sherine is a liverpool fan like you is it?

But when i visited her in the past she always wore SPURS jersy & tell me she likes KINSLMANN very much becos of bro castrol leh...Haizzz :eek: :D

qbdp
23-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Spurs have 10m for Gareth Bale accepted?

Chelsea to tempt Spurs with 20m for Defoe?

qbdp
23-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Spurs sign Rocha from Benfica

Tottenham Hostpur have signed Portuguese international Ricardo Rocha in a deal reported to be worth £3.2 million.

Martin Jol has signed the defender for his versatility, with the 28-year-old being comfortable at any position along the backline.

Rocha was a regular in Benfica's run to the quarter-finals of the Champions League last season, while again this year he played five ties for the Lisbon club in Europe's elite competition.

He has also been capped by his country six times.

Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli says that Rocha is a great capture for the club.

"Ricardo is an accomplished defender who gives us further options in defence as he can play both in the centre and on the right," he said.

“He brings considerable experience to Tottenham having played at the highest level in European competition and is also a current Portuguese international.

"Ricardo has shown a great desire to come to White Hart Lane and will no doubt prove to be a valuable addition to the squad at this important time.”

Castrol
24-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Spurs have brought in Ricardo Rocha for 3.3 millions pounds in a 21/2 years contract deal. Hope he can adjust fast, but he is a talented Centre Back alright

[B][SIZE="4"]
Rocha was a regular in Benfica's run to the quarter-finals of the Champions League last season, while again this year he played five ties for the Lisbon club in Europe's elite competition.

this is a surprise for me, never noticed him actually. but the stats look good enough, with good experience too. i dont get to watch benfica much except those games against man utd. they have simao and miccoli.

he is probably uefa cup tied but it doesnt matter becos spurs is playing for plenty of cups this season. :D

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070123/capt.sge.lam05.230107193207.photo00.photo.default-348x512.jpg
rocha: i am a hard man, you mess with spurs, you mess with me.

Castrol
24-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Spurs have 10m for Gareth Bale accepted?

Chelsea to tempt Spurs with 20m for Defoe?

10m for gareth bale? is he that good for 10m?

defoe threw tantrums when he was substituted during the fulham match. sigh... the calling from chel$ki is strong. :D

Castrol
24-01-2007, 10:47 AM
But when i visited her in the past she always wore SPURS jersy & tell me she likes KINSLMANN very much becos of bro castrol leh...Haizzz

ahh... so you saw the spurs jersey, aye the jersey was mine. it was in exchange for my freedom on that tearful day in bencoolen...

but bro, do remember sherine is prepared to run through a brick of wall and cum out for you on the other side. :D

putrawk
24-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Good to know that there is another truly great Spus Supporters here...Cheers

Likewise man. :D

defoe threw tantrums when he was substituted during the fulham match. sigh... the calling from chel$ki is strong. :D

Bale for 10mil? Might as well use that money to buy an established Leftback like Wayne Bridge or utility player Gareth Barry.

And defoe to chelsea?? ala...this kind of behaviour, to me, is right for the team....That shows enthusiasm, the will to play and prove his worth. Its a healthy site to behold. And furthermore, this is not the 1st time Defoe or Keane showed dissatisfaction about being substituted.

ahh... so you saw the spurs jersey, aye the jersey was mine. it was in exchange for my freedom on that tearful day in bencoolen...

Wow Castrol, u gave away your beloved Spurs jersey to a gal??? To me, all my spurs kits are precious. There is absolutely no way I would give it to anyone...even my wife!

Talking about kits, which Spurs kit are your fav?? Mine would be the 60s style as worn by Blanchy, Greaves and Mackay, the holsten adidas v-neck as worn by Rebrov and Teddy, the umbro holsten FA cup 91 as worn by Lineker and Mabbut, the pony hpackard v-neck as worn by Ginola and Chris Armstrong, the kappa all white as worn by Defoe and King and the current puma. My least favs are the hummel full print as worn by hoddle n ian crook, the purple/blue stripes by pony and the Le coq sportiff huge collared worn by ardilles n co. And the Kappa tight fits...not good for my growng chest and belly! But I loved it all... even the hideous umbro Goalkeeper jersey (the gold colored cheetah-like print) as worn by Thorsvedt and Ian Walker

onion_rings
24-01-2007, 01:28 PM
but bro, do remember sherine is prepared to run through a brick of wall and cum out for you on the other side. :D

I know that & i told her she's not good enuff finally she gave up & no wonder she put on yr SPURS jersey until a fateful nite where she met & fall in love with the scums supporter. So both yr's & mine team jersey is safe from her finally :D

Castrol
24-01-2007, 02:12 PM
And furthermore, this is not the 1st time Defoe or Keane showed dissatisfaction about being substituted.

i dont know man, chel$ki has the juice to give defoe a 50% pay rise. i wont sleep well until january is over. i really hate to see spurs players joining "bigger" clubs.

Wow Castrol, u gave away your beloved Spurs jersey to a gal??? To me, all my spurs kits are precious. There is absolutely no way I would give it to anyone...even my wife!

thats a lot you dont know about sherine. when she wants something, she gets it by force. she's been known to have the strength of 10 men. it took 8 surgeons and 50 hours of surgery to put bro onion's butt back together that time... :p

Talking about kits, which Spurs kit are your fav?? Mine would be the 60s style as worn by Blanchy, Greaves and Mackay, the holsten adidas v-neck as worn by Rebrov and Teddy, the umbro holsten FA cup 91 as worn by Lineker and Mabbut, the pony hpackard v-neck as worn by Ginola and Chris Armstrong, the kappa all white as worn by Defoe and King and the current puma.

my favourite is my 1st spurs jersey during the late 70s and very early 80s jersey worn by archibald, crooks, hoddle and ardiles. the V neck with the spurs logo right under the V. those days dont have sponsor logo, if memory dont fail me. ginola's V neck and the kapa all white were also gorgeous to me.

onion_rings
24-01-2007, 02:32 PM
thats a lot you dont know about sherine. when she wants something, she gets it by force. she's been known to have the strength of 10 men. it took 8 surgeons and 50 hours of surgery to put bro onion's butt back together that time... :p

It's all becos of u LAH??? It should be 49hrs & the half. But u insists on me telling u the story between Sherine & mine b4 u ALLOW them to push me in for the surgery. OUCH! :D

Castrol
24-01-2007, 03:07 PM
It's all becos of u LAH??? It should be 49hrs & the half. But u insists on me telling u the story between Sherine & mine b4 u ALLOW them to push me in for the surgery. OUCH! :D

when you are free hor, please write the sherine vs onion story in the adult section hahaha... :D

Castrol
25-01-2007, 12:00 PM
league cup semi-final 1st leg

spurs 2 (berbatov, baptista og)
arsenal 2 (baptista x 2)

the beast is arsenal's secret weapon or what? awesome!

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/January2007/dimiberbatov-275.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov opens the scoring for Spurs, before going off injured.

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/January2007/baptista-412.jpg
Julio Baptista celebrates after netting two vital away goals.

putrawk
25-01-2007, 02:39 PM
my favourite is my 1st spurs jersey during the late 70s and very early 80s jersey worn by archibald, crooks, hoddle and ardiles. the V neck with the spurs logo right under the V. those days dont have sponsor logo, if memory dont fail me. .

Oh yeah that jersey was the season when we won the UEFA Cup, if im not mistaken. I have lost my Umbro jersey as worn by Klinsmann, Popescu and Teddy during Juergen's forst stint with us. That is probably my fav Spurs Jersey of all time. Lost it after sending it to the laundry...sheesh. Does any1 here know where to get old, retro jerseys?

qbdp
27-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Spurs midfielder Davids agrees deal with Ajax-lawyer

AMSTERDAM, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur's Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids has agreed an 18-month contract with Ajax Amsterdam, according to his lawyer Robert Geerlings.

However, Geerlings also told the weekly Voetbal International magazine the clubs still had to work out the details of the transfer before the window closes on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Davids began his career at Ajax in 1991 and helped them win three league titles from 1994-96 plus the UEFA Cup in 1992 and the Champions League in 1995.

A year later he joined AC Milan before switching to Juventus, where he won three titles in 1998, 2002 and 2003, Barcelona and Inter Milan before moving to Spurs in 2005.

He has represented the Netherlands at four major finals and has played in four Champions League finals.

Ratcool69
28-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Progress to the 5th round of the FA Cup was achieved with an impressive 3-1 victory over Southend United at the Lane on Saturday.

In front of a crowd of 33,406, Robbie Keane opened the scoring in a first half that should really have yielded more goals, while Jermaine Jenas marked his restoration to the side after injury with a goal that was the very least his performance deserved.

Freddy Eastwood did halve the deficit for a short time, before a goal from Mido settled the outcome of this encounter once and for all.

Jenas nearly unlocked Southend's defensive gate on 11 minutes when his surge forward took him clear before his measured pass inside the area into the path of Keane was the subject of a last ditch interception.

Later in the same minute the lead was secured when Zokora went on the charge from his own half and did manage to pick out Keane, who drilled in on goal and the ball took a significant deflection off of Steven Hammell and Darryl Flahavan was left stranded in the Southend goal.

Aaron Lennon then brilliantly played in Hossam Ghaly, who proceeded to leave his marker staring at turf, before squaring for Keane who did not really do justice to the quality of the move with his attempt on goal.

Lennon was providing a regular stream of threatening crosses from the left flank, while Jenas was looking his old self in midfield, covering the ground, linking play, supporting attacking sorties and doing his share defensively. His energy in midfield probably has been missed over the last six weeks or so.

He brilliantly bought Keane into play at the half hour mark from one of his sprints forward, with the striker hitting the feet of the goalkeeper with his low drilled shot from a tight angle. His next opening was the result of a speedy counter-attack that began with debut boy Ricardo Rocha dispossessing Jamal Campbell-Ryce, then Zokora bring the ball quickly out. It was next out right to Stalteri, who crossed low and Keane cut across his marker to direct towards goal and it took a superb save from Flahavan to tip over the crossbar.

The boys were two goals to the good on 48 minutes when Lennon seized the ball off of Lewis Hunt and embarked on a mazy run which led to him dispatching a teasing cross over over the six yard box and Jenas was in place to guide the ball in and make it a happy return to the side.

Radek Cerny - in for the rested Paul Robinson - was soon forced into a smart save to deny Kevin Maher a goal on his second return to the Lane, before Flahavan did likewise at the other end to stop Jenas bagging a another. Mido came close to adding his name to scorers with a header from a measured Jenas throughball, while Keane could have increased his tally after good work from Lennon and Zokora.

Southend's travelling army were celebrating after 68 minutes when Hossam Ghaly was penalised for handball while the process of clearing a deflected free-kick. It looked an incredibly harsh call, but Freddy Eastwood stuck the penalty home all the same.

Steed Malbranque was added to the mix for the final 17 minutes in place of Ghaly and on 75 minutes the two-goal advantage was restored when Jenas picked out the run of Lennon down the right and the winger zapped the ball into the near post with considerable power and Mido stole in front of his markers and the ball fired up and landed over the line via the underside of the crossbar.

Mido was off complaining over a back problem with five minutes left on the clock and we were left with a changed shape with Defoe - already on for Keane - up top, with Jenas and Malbranque in support. There were no more goals, but there is the 5th round draw on Monday to look forward to now.

Ratcool69
28-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Jermaine Jenas took just 10 minutes on his return to action against Southend to show Martin Jol what he's been missing in the last seven weeks.

It was as if the midfielder had never been away as he covered every blade of grass in our 3-1 victory in the fourth round of the FA Cup at the Lane.

In fact, it was JJ's first match action since suffering an ankle fracture against Arsenal on December 2.

He capped it all with our second goal, gliding into the six-yard box to tuck away Aaron Lennon's cross on the volley.

"I was very happy with JJ coming back," said Martin. "After 10 minutes I turned around to Chrissie (Chris Hughton) and told him 'we've really missed JJ' and you saw that in the first half.

"He's a very good footballer and Southend couldn't cope with him in midfield with his strength, his stamina and his runs forward supporting play.

"Paul Stalteri also came back, he can always do a job and he proved that again."

Castrol
29-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Lost it after sending it to the laundry...sheesh. Does any1 here know where to get old, retro jerseys?

they say the laundry machine is like a dance party. once it starts turning, the shirts and socks start dancing with each other. when nobody is noticing, one or two may leave the "party" for a quickie and never be seen again.

here's the link for retro jerseys, thanks to dutch master bro DK. my 1st spurs jersey was the 1980-1982 (home) - product 1581. :D

http://www.toffs.com/icat/tottenham

Castrol
29-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Spurs midfielder Davids agrees deal with Ajax-lawyer

The 33-year-old Davids began his career at Ajax in 1991 and helped them win three league titles from 1994-96 plus the UEFA Cup in 1992 and the Champions League in 1995.

A year later he joined AC Milan before switching to Juventus, where he won three titles in 1998, 2002 and 2003, Barcelona and Inter Milan before moving to Spurs in 2005.

what a resume! lets wish him well in ajax, i will watch him on scv 107/108. salute the pitbull! legend. :D

http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/02/84/davids_edgar_thfc_profile_2005.jpg

Castrol
29-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Progress to the 5th round of the FA Cup was achieved with an impressive 3-1 victory over Southend United at the Lane on Saturday.

awe inspiring display by spurs, especially the move by lennon on the left flank to set up jenas for the 2nd goal. the commentator said about lennon "he's so quick, its almost frightening!"

ricardo rocha was superb, blocking a few long range shots and made a tidy decisive tackle in the box too.

and didier zokora... simply gorgeous. his forward runs are simply gorgeous, and picked up loads of 50/50 balls. take a bow, the new edgar davids... :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6414706_7_1.jpg
Robbie Keane of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates scoring the first goal during the FA Cup Fourth Round match between Tottenham Hotspur and Southend United.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

qbdp
31-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Spurs make surprise £4m bid for striker Harewood
By Sam Wallace
Published: 31 January 2007

Tottenham Hotspur finally got the transfer window merry-go-round moving last night when they made a bid for the West Ham United striker Marlon Harewood valued at around £4m, after a day in which they even considered a move for the veteran old boy Teddy Sheringham.

Tottenham's approach came as West Ham were linked with an £18m bid for Charlton's Darren Bent, though both clubs insisted there was no formal offer. The Spurs move for Harewood was made after days of trying to move out the Egyptian striker Mido, who - at £3m from Roma in the summer - is looking like an expensive mistake. While there is interest from Manchester City in Mido, Tottenham's desire to recoup money on their initial transfer fee and the player's wage demands could prove to be a problem.

Sources last night indicated that it was unlikely that Tottenham would follow up their interest in Sheringham, 40, although they had considered taking him until the end of the season as a short-term replacement for Dimitar Berbatov, who has a serious groin problem. Spurs made an enquiry about Sheringham's availability in the transfer window last January.

The other key Tottenham target is Giles Barnes, Derby County's teenage attacking midfielder, who has drawn interest from a number of Premiership clubs. Derby would be prepared to sell for a deal worth up to £3.5m based on appearances although the initial payment in the transfer is still to be negotiated.

Castrol
31-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Spurs make surprise £4m bid for striker Harewood
By Sam Wallace
Published: 31 January 2007

Tottenham Hotspur finally got the transfer window merry-go-round moving last night when they made a bid for the West Ham United striker Marlon Harewood valued at around £4m,

harewood is a powerful bulldozer of a striker with no equal in that aspect. but i think west ham needs him more than anyone to fight the relegation war.

martin jol, being dutch, should try to woo ajax's huntelaar while the price is still affordable. once the hunter starts playing in more prestigious leagues like epl or la liga, its gonna take a few banks to help finance a move from there. :D

qbdp
31-01-2007, 07:09 PM
harewood is a powerful bulldozer of a striker with no equal in that aspect. but i think west ham needs him more than anyone to fight the relegation war.

martin jol, being dutch, should try to woo ajax's huntelaar while the price is still affordable. once the hunter starts playing in more prestigious leagues like epl or la liga, its gonna take a few banks to help finance a move from there. :D

Ahhh...Huntelaar! Thats one striker I dont mind seeing in EPL in the colours of Spurs if he is not joining Man Utd. :D

qbdp
31-01-2007, 07:17 PM
31 January 2007
KEANE: WE ARE GUNNER STUN YOU LOT AT EMIRATES
CARLING CUP Semi-final: Arsenal v Spurs TONIGHT, KICK-OFF 7.45: First leg 2-2
ROBBIE BACKS TOTTENHAM
John Cross

ROBBIE KEANE insists Tottenham will never have a better chance of winning silverware - and warned Arsenal that their Carling Cup semi-final is far from over.

The Spurs striker watched in frustration as they threw away a two-goal lead against Arsenal's youngsters in the first leg and now go to the Emirates with a huge task to reach the final.

But Keane believes Tottenham will be fired up for tonight's second leg and says they are determined to avenge what happened in last week's dramatic 2-2 draw.

The Irish forward says they are confident they can reach the final and are chasing glory on three fronts in the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and Carling Cup. Keane said: "If anyone thinks for one second that the semifinal is over then they have another thing coming.

"It's a local derby and in those games, as we all know, anything can happen.

"People will probably say they have a slight advantage but you ask any player in our dressing room and they will be up for this game, they're raring to go.

"Arsenal have to get beat at home at some stage and why not against us on Wednesday?

"We let a twogoal lead slip away the other day and yet the most important thing in that game was not to get beat and we didn't.

"We'll be going into the Arsenal game after playing well against Southend in the FA Cup and with a lot of confidence.

"We are aiming to win some silverware, of course. This season we've got a great opportunity to do that. We're getting better and better with every game."

Tottenham will welcome back fit-again keeper Paul Robinson whose back strain kept him out of their FA Cup win over Southend.

But England No.1 Robinson has warned Tottenham that they must break through their mental "barrier" and win their first trophy because it will be a significant step towards long-term success.

Tottenham's last trophy was the League Cup in 1999, and Robinson admits that it is time they started winning some silverware.

Robinson said: "It is a barrier, we've not won anything here for a long time.

"We've got the players, we've got the quality in the squad and we are not far away from doing something.

"I am desperate to get to a final and to win something. It's a dream of mine to win the FA Cup. The Carling Cup would mean just as much, to win either would be fantastic."

Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has defended teenage striker Theo Walcott who has suffered a dip in form.

The 17-year-old started against Spurs last week and also at the weekend in the FA Cup draw with Bolton and looked short of confidence in both games.

Wenger said: "He is on the verge of getting over it. He has made the biggest step now. It is part of growing - being hit by the expectation level.

"Just let him play, give him the needed confidence.

"He has made big, big improvements in the last six months. That will come out very shortly."

PROBABLE TEAMS

Arsenal 4-4-2

Almunia

Hoyte

Toure

Senderos

Traore

Denilson

Gilberto

Fabregas

Walcott

Adebayor

Aliadiere

Tottenham 4-4-2

Robinson

Chimbonda

Dawson

Gardner

Rocha

Zokora

Huddlestone

Jenas

Lennon

KEANE :D

Mido

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

Castrol
01-02-2007, 03:40 PM
31 January 2007
KEANE: WE ARE GUNNER STUN YOU LOT AT EMIRATES
CARLING CUP Semi-final: Arsenal v Spurs TONIGHT, KICK-OFF 7.45: First leg 2-2

haha well bro arsenal won 3-1, and its better this way becos spurs will still be hungry for trophy now.

thanks for the support bro, as spurs unofficial spokesman i present you a lifetime season ticket to all matches in white hart lane and a signed boot worn by the greatest goal scoring foot, gary lineker! :D

qbdp
01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
haha well bro arsenal won 3-1, and its better this way becos spurs will still be hungry for trophy now.

thanks for the support bro, as spurs unofficial spokesman i present you a lifetime season ticket to all matches in white hart lane and a signed boot worn by the greatest goal scoring foot, gary lineker! :D

Bro, I always have a soft spot for Spurs since Hoddle's days.

Dont worry there's still the UEFA Cup and the season's Finale date with Man Utd for FA Cup.

I hope and know Spurs will start winning after this Sunday's loss to Man Utd. :D

PS: Can I have Hoddle's jersey worn in 1982 FA Cup replay instead? I've already got a pair of signed Nikes from Cantona.

Castrol
02-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Bro, I always have a soft spot for Spurs since Hoddle's days.

my word... the pride of london is playing man utd this sunday. God bless spurs!

bro i will talk to hoddle about his 1982 cup final jersey, but i suspect he may have exchanged jersey with terry fenwick that day though. :D

qbdp
02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
my word... the pride of london is playing man utd this sunday. God bless spurs!

Ya, Pride of London playing Man Utd on Sunday. Hopefully Spurs feel tired after 120mins against Arse-anal and give chance to Man Utd. ;)

Castrol
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Ya, Pride of London playing Man Utd on Sunday. Hopefully Spurs feel tired after 120mins against Arse-anal and give chance to Man Utd.

yes bro, spurs was tired and thrashed. :(

spurs 0
man utd 4

the pride of london was demolished by the current pride of england. the worst spurs player must be huddlestone. the big loaf hardly run and win balls, just releasing and stood like stamford raffles. martin jol should buy some makelele, gilberto or xabi alonso dvd for him.

and i dont know why jol took off zokora. the only consolation was seeing malbranque owning c.ronaldo on the flank on many occasions.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6440632_7_1.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Aaron Lennon, top, is tackled by Manchester United's Paul Scholes during their English Premiership soccer match at White Hart Lane, London, Sunday, Feb. 4, 2007.

qbdp
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
yes bro, spurs was tired and thrashed. :(

Yes, Spurs look tired and I thought Spurs midfield faded after 40mins.

I was surprised Keane didnt start the game. To be honest the referee's inconsistent decisions didnt help Spurs and his performance was worse than Huddlestone and Defoe.

Spurs will slowly but surely climb up the league table after this game.

See you at Wembley in May.

Cheers!

yinyang
05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
..spurs was tired and thrashed..
Sorry, scoreline took a big dent on your pride. Drowning your sorrows in new blurry FL wannabe hehehe?:p

sinfulguy
05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
actually quite surprise Jenas didn't play

Castrol
05-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes, Spurs look tired and I thought Spurs midfield faded after 40mins.

I was surprised Keane didnt start the game. To be honest the referee's inconsistent decisions didnt help Spurs and his performance was worse than Huddlestone and Defoe.

ahh... the referee of the week. i was fighting the zz monster, watched 10mins, slept 10mins etc last nite, and didnt catch the penalty foul. today's new paper say it was another dive by the greatest diver in the solar system again. a camera from a certain angle showed there wasnt any contact.

no wonder the crowd kept booing c.ronaldo when he gets the ball. :D

Castrol
05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry, scoreline took a big dent on your pride. Drowning your sorrows in new blurry FL wannabe hehehe?:p

yes, and kanna rejected... :D

qbdp
05-02-2007, 02:48 PM
ahh...today's new paper say it was another dive by the greatest diver in the solar system, again.

no wonder the crowd kept booing c.ronaldo when he gets the ball.

Extract from http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2006104,00.html

Ronaldo showed great skill to wrong-foot Lee near the right-hand edge of the box, burst between the full-back and Steed Malbranque and tumbled after Malbranque stuck a foot in his path and then withdrew it. Slow-motion replays suggested the Spurs midfielder did not touch Ronaldo, although the referee, Mark Clattenburg, could hardly be blamed for the award when it looked in real time as if the Portugal international had been tripped. Moreover, the laws state a penalty should be awarded if a player carelessly or recklessly trips or attempts to trip an opponent.

"Steed Malbranque stuck his foot out then pulled his foot back," said Tottenham's head coach, Martin Jol. "I can say he [Ronaldo] took advantage of it but I don't know. It didn't help just before half-time and just after half-time we conceded again. If you are 2-0 down against a top team like Manchester United it's difficult... I wouldn't say Ronaldo was diving but it was a difficult situation. If you see it on television afterwards you can see it wasn't a penalty."

United had been unfortunate not to get a penalty about 15 minutes earlier when Anthony Gardner fouled Henrik Larsson and Jol was asked whether that might have influenced Clattenburg's decision when Ronaldo went down. "Could be," he said.

Tottenham ought to have had a penalty with the game goalless when Gary Neville put his arms around Pascal Chimbonda as a free-kick came into the box. "It didn't help," Jol said, but he deviated from the familiar managerial trait of referee-bashing and spent plenty of time reflecting on his team's errors. (This is what I like about Jol compared to his foreign counterparts)

He acknowledged some of his players need to add defensive strength to their ball-playing skills - "You have to win your battles as well in England" - and said: "The third goal was so easy. Three players at the near post and no tackles."

putrawk
05-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I was at a mamak stall, watching my fav team play. There were only 2 tables of Spurs supporters and the rest was clad in red. I proudly wore my white and blue kit, with my name at the back, with the number 9. I thought we were in for a chance. Then Ronaldo dived, penalty! I was devestated. Shouldnt be a penalty. Plus, we shouldve awarded a penalty after neville downed Zokora. Ronaldo scored to my dismay. I thought he was a cheat, but he was magnificent throughout. Lee YP was all over the place! He mustve shed a couple of pounds trying to catch Ronnie. Then it was Halftime...

2nd Half...I hoped for a repeat of performance when we were a goal down against Chelsea and won 2-1. But then Vidic scored. Marking was a disgrace. But hopes were there. Its still early in the game. Then suddenly 3-0...i was shellshocked. I wanted to cry as the Manyoo supporters began to put one leg up on the coffee table. Spurs didnt look convincing at all. And after the 4th goal, I was smoking cigarette like nobodys business. This was perhaps the worst Spurs performance in 2 years! What ever happened to our pride? What ever happened to our record at WHL? I am sick of this. We were terrible against arse-anal but we managed to drag them into 120mins. Defoe was clueless, Hudds' passing was off, Lennon cant play on the left, Gardner was making slooooow decisions, Lee and Chim looked good when attacking but very slow in recovering. I feel sorry for Robbo. He hasnt had a good season but this match he did manage to get a few saves. Dawson was ok, but without our marshall alongside him, he tends to lose concerntration. Melbranque was ok, some good runs here and there and same goes to Berbatov, well except for his finishing...but his touches were all good. What we lack is self belief, as well as someone who could provide that telling passes to our strikers. We rely heavilly on Hudds for the passes. He was great beginning of the season but he looked burned out.

Now, the Spurs fans want Jol out. It is ridiculous in my opinion. He took us to 5th place last term. And now they want him out? I think we need depth in terms of players. Mind you we had to rely on Gardner, Ghali, Tainio and such as our subs. Look at Chelsea, they have quality in the likes of Robben, Essien, Wright Phillips and Wayne Bridge on the bench..and what about Man Yoo...Saha, Richardson, Heinze, Solksjaar....Arse-nal....Ljunberg, Alidierrie....Kops....Garcia, Crouch, Belamy...We need that. As for now, I dont think we wiill progress further in the FA cup and might lose in the latter stages of the UEFA Cup..thats how dissapointed I am right now. But I love SPurs, up or down.

lungless
06-02-2007, 01:54 AM
I was at a mamak stall, watching my fav team play. There were only 2 tables of Spurs supporters and the rest was clad in red. I proudly wore my white and blue kit, with my name at the back, with the number 9. I thought we were in for a chance. Then Ronaldo dived, penalty! I was devestated. Shouldnt be a penalty. Plus, we shouldve awarded a penalty after neville downed Zokora. Ronaldo scored to my dismay. I thought he was a cheat, but he was magnificent throughout. Lee YP was all over the place! He mustve shed a couple of pounds trying to catch Ronnie. Then it was Halftime...

2nd Half...I hoped for a repeat of performance when we were a goal down against Chelsea and won 2-1. But then Vidic scored. Marking was a disgrace. But hopes were there. Its still early in the game. Then suddenly 3-0...i was shellshocked. I wanted to cry as the Manyoo supporters began to put one leg up on the coffee table. Spurs didnt look convincing at all. And after the 4th goal, I was smoking cigarette like nobodys business. This was perhaps the worst Spurs performance in 2 years! What ever happened to our pride? What ever happened to our record at WHL? I am sick of this. We were terrible against arse-anal but we managed to drag them into 120mins. Defoe was clueless, Hudds' passing was off, Lennon cant play on the left, Gardner was making slooooow decisions, Lee and Chim looked good when attacking but very slow in recovering. I feel sorry for Robbo. He hasnt had a good season but this match he did manage to get a few saves. Dawson was ok, but without our marshall alongside him, he tends to lose concerntration. Melbranque was ok, some good runs here and there and same goes to Berbatov, well except for his finishing...but his touches were all good. What we lack is self belief, as well as someone who could provide that telling passes to our strikers. We rely heavilly on Hudds for the passes. He was great beginning of the season but he looked burned out.

Now, the Spurs fans want Jol out. It is ridiculous in my opinion. He took us to 5th place last term. And now they want him out? I think we need depth in terms of players. Mind you we had to rely on Gardner, Ghali, Tainio and such as our subs. Look at Chelsea, they have quality in the likes of Robben, Essien, Wright Phillips and Wayne Bridge on the bench..and what about Man Yoo...Saha, Richardson, Heinze, Solksjaar....Arse-nal....Ljunberg, Alidierrie....Kops....Garcia, Crouch, Belamy...We need that. As for now, I dont think we wiill progress further in the FA cup and might lose in the latter stages of the UEFA Cup..thats how dissapointed I am right now. But I love SPurs, up or down.

After watching the Man U game. I conclude that some Spurs players do not play with their hearts out!!! I think some players should improved by end of the season on this or should be shown the way out!! I think playing against the likes of Man U, Spurs needs bite...lots of it. I think players like Lee Y P, Defoe are too soft at this point of time. Lee Y P again showed lack of speed and concentration to match Ronaldo. Malbranque covered him well and i think he is a good requisition for the team. He works hard and harrassed the opposing players...same as Keanno when he comes on...always ready to defend from the front. I think that is what Defoe lacks that Keano and Mido have in their game...which is grit. I noticed that Defoe does not go in for those 1-1 situation and he does not harrassed Opp defence as much as Keano or Mido. Playing against a strong team needs lots of harrassment and commitment from all the players, do not let any of the opposing team has time and space to maneouvre.

I think although Spurs lost 4-0, they matched Man U for most of the time. I think Gardner is okie, but needs more game to get better. He has better speed and acceleration than most of the Spurs defenders. Although he does not look like one. I thought that Assou-Ekotto would be better employed during the match as he got better speed. I have no complaints about Chimbonda.

I am eager to see the rest how Spurs gonna go on from now. I think they sorely missed the bite that Tainio brings the team since Davids have moved on. I think Ghaly is okie, Malbranque is fantastic, Lennon has lots of pace and skills but need to also give some bite, JJ is good with box to box and hard tackles but needs better work on tracking his guy, Zokorra showing improvement to be a world class midfielder that he actually is, Huddlestone needs to work on his speed be a excellent defensive midfielder, Murphy needs to get back his Liverpool form. I also think that Spurs need to rest Robinson soon as i think that the third goal is partly his fault - although he did some good saves in the game. He is not commanding enough to help the defence. Should take the mettle of a leader with the absence of King and influence the defence somehow.

Well, no matter what, im just curious how Spurs gonna improve. I still think that they will end in the top 6 at the end of the season. I believe that 2 years will what it takes for Spurs to break the top 4. I think that some fans are rubbished!! I think Jol is still the man to bring Spurs to glory...and they should not ask for his head!! I'll support him anytime. I think Spurs will go to Uefa Semi at the very least!! hehe....Cheers

lungless
06-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Ya, Pride of London playing Man Utd on Sunday. Hopefully Spurs feel tired after 120mins against Arse-anal and give chance to Man Utd. ;)

Spurs lost and thats it. No such things as give chance:) Some players not working hard enough.

qbdp
07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
This is one of the better football threads in the forum!

Great fans with great posts!

Cheers! :)

Castrol
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM

you bet, bro.

aaron lennon is the star winger in the current spurs squad. not too long ago, there's a player who ran the flanks with the same style of trickery and speed.

Ruel Fox joined spurs from newcastle in the mid 90s and was an instant hit with his dazzling runs, scoring 6 goals in 26 matches in his first season.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/FOX_Ruel_19960324_GH_L.jpg

1995-2000

POSITION
Winger

DATE OF BIRTH
Sunday, 14th January 1968

PLACE OF BIRTH
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 14th October 1995 in a 1-0 defeat at home to Nottingham Forest (Aged: 27)

CLUB CAREER
95 League apps (+11 as sub), 13 goals

lungless
08-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Yeah, i agree! Thanks for the addy bro. Should not have lar. I think to be a good supporter of our beloved club or club that we love(any club for that matter), we must look into all things and to discuss how best the team gonna improve in the future. I think that beats talking only the good things the team has. Realistically we must applaud the opposing team too if they beat us well. Then we will have a very good 'debate' and discussion on things:)

lungless
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
you bet, bro.

aaron lennon is the star winger in the current spurs squad. not too long ago, there's a player who ran the flanks with the same style of trickery and speed.

Ruel Fox joined spurs from newcastle in the mid 90s and was an instant hit with his dazzling runs, scoring 6 goals in 26 matches in his first season.

1995-2000

POSITION
Winger

DATE OF BIRTH
Sunday, 14th January 1968

PLACE OF BIRTH
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 14th October 1995 in a 1-0 defeat at home to Nottingham Forest (Aged: 27)

CLUB CAREER
95 League apps (+11 as sub), 13 goals

Yup, remember this bloke. But he did not play for Spurs long....coz he joined Spurs when he is already in his late 20's...I hope Lennon will be in Spurs shirt for a very long time - he is still very much a teenager. And he is better skill wised than Fox:)

qbdp
08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
we must look into all things and to discuss how best the team gonna improve in the future. I think that beats talking only the good things the team has. Realistically we must applaud the opposing team too if they beat us well. Then we will have a very good 'debate' and discussion on things:)

Very true. Discussing or debating is healthy as long as another brother is not put down.

I really hope Jol can stay at helm for a long time. He doesnt KPKB much when his team lost neither does he blame opponents nor officials. This guy is professional.

Anyways, before Quieroz came back to Man Utd Fergie wanted Jol as his assistant. Thus Jol must have qualities that Fergie admires. :)

putrawk
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the add man!...u The Man!...Utd...hehe

Ruel Fox...very sexy winger. He played on the right with Clive Wilson backing him as Right back...he made Wilson look like a star, but when Foxys injured, Wilson was a shadow.

Ruel Fox...had his name printed on the back of my Spurs Jersey (the pony V-neck). His runs on the right and Ginola's skills on the left, left the oppositions defence in awe. But still we were crap in the mid till end 90s. But in my opinion, with Foxy, Ginola, Klinsmann (his 2nd stint), Anderton, Sol, Sir Les and the great Ian Walker (!) in the team, Spurs shouldve been a top 6 club back then. Imagine, with the likes of Southampton, West Ham, Charlton, Crystal Palace all above us! We were the traditional Big 5 with Manyoo, Kops, ARSE-nal and Everton. But we are heading up again, thanks to ENIC who bought over Spurs from Alan Sugar. Thanks Levy and Buchler.

As for the fans are questioning Jol's ability to lead, I think we should give him time. He did ok in his 1st season. Then he qualified us as the 5th place UEFA Cup qualifier. He roped in big names like Davids, Mido and Berbatov plus up and comming players like Hudds, Dawson, Lennon and Alnwick. So he must be good. Just need the team to gel and hopefully we will be a top 3 once again. But if Jol leaves, I reckon we should look at Klinsmann. Yeah he doesnt have a club track record, but he did no-hopers Germany wonders by making it to the semis of the world cup. And his reputation at Spurs is huge. Went to the Spurs Store last summer and I could still see his T-shirt still on sale there amongst the other Lane greats like Lineker, Gazza, Ardilles, Hodds and Ginola. I just think that the coaches need to change. No disrespect to Chris Hughton. He was a great servant for us. Playing for us on the left and assisting the likes of Pleat, Gross, Hoddle etc as assistant manager. But I think its time he move on. Maybe take up a managerial offer from a lower div team coz he has been an assistant for far too long. Even longer than Steve McLaren who was Manyoo assistant and now he is the England Gaffer! He should take the step up, and Jol will have his say on who to assist him, which will benefit us, i reckon.

qbdp
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the add man!...u The Man!...Utd...hehe

Even longer than Steve McLaren who was Manyoo assistant and now he is the England Gaffer! He should take the step up, and Jol will have his say on who to assist him, which will benefit us, i reckon.

No prob, bro. Good posts need to recognized.

Steve McClaren!!! When he was Sir Alex's assistant the players were singing praises about his training methods only.

He was probably appointed as England's coach becoz of his long time spent as Sven's assistant and the FA is broke to appoint another top foreign coach.

I was puzzled when he named Terry as captain instead of Gerrard.

Damn.... to cut it short....some people are born to arrange cones for training sessions!!! :rolleyes:

Castrol
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Yup, remember this bloke. But he did not play for Spurs long....coz he joined Spurs when he is already in his late 20's...I hope Lennon will be in Spurs shirt for a very long time - he is still very much a teenager. And he is better skill wised than Fox

fox actually didnt play much after his first season, he was very highly rated but of course thats a young darren anderton breaking into the scene that time. :D

Damn.... to cut it short....some people are born to arrange cones for training sessions!!!

hahaha... thats a good one bro.

i watched the england v spain friendly. the only player who played like a pro is carrick (spurs sold him and look at the midfield problems spurs is having).

swp played like good grief...

p.neville has been playing dm for everton all along and suddenly he took the left back spot for england!

why g.neville is still 1st choice right back is beyond me.

and woodgate, he deserves a england call up? i dont think so.

and before we forget, the nonsensical lampard+gerrard. seems like steve mcclaren dont have the balls to drop one of them. and the struggle continues... :D

lungless
08-02-2007, 07:31 PM
What in your Opinion do you guys think that Spurs need at this moment to challenge for top placing in the league?

In my opinion, all the Spurs players need to put their heart and soul in every game they play. They must have bite and must not allow the opposing team to play. I found that was exactly what they did last year with both Tainio and Davids providing the bite white Carrick does his job spraying the passes. I acknowledge while that works well last year, it should do better for Spurs in the future if the likes of Jenas, Huddlestone, Lennon, Murphy and Zokorra do that too. Tainio, Malbranque and Ghaly already are aggressive players in their own right.

Why i say that they will do better if they do more bite? Coz the players Spurs have now are all much younger than Davids and have more legs and speed than the pitbull.

I also think that the Forwards do not have much speed....although Defoe is touted to be fast. But more often than not this guy will be caught in offside position and if not he is too light weight to hold the ball most of the time. Mido and Berbatov have lots of skills but they do not have blinding speed. So does Keanno....Seriously i hope they bring in the likes of Someone with speed and size in....so they will not have to play the big man, small man too often. If they can get a big man with lots of speed and some skills....Martins of Newcastle United fits the bill, so does Marlon Harewood. It does not necessarily be them...i would like Lee Barnard to recover fast too so he can help the first team....remember this young chap has size and has big heart too(not afraid to give opposing defenders some stick!!)....How about Huntelaar or Darren Bent?....while Spurs Strikeforce needs to find the goals, i also noticed that Spurs do not always have players that go for that second chance. I seriously thinks that other teams that beat Spurs always have players up there to poach the goal....when 1 player take a shot, there should be at least 2 players ready to pounce. Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool always have these players there. So it is about time that Spurs do well in this department.

For that Left back Spot, i think somehow they will cope with it...but i hope it gonna be soon...hehe...put Young Pyo back to his midfield position. I think next year Assou Ekotto will be better equipped to handle things there. I also think that the Southampton youngster will be coming to Spurs rather than Man U....I just got this feeling...hehe...i also can't wait for Dervite to recover and play in that central defend position. I think he will be a real asset in the future....of coz the King and Dawson are the ideal partner.....now having Rocha in not bad actually although his mistake gave arsenal that goal...no worries....just dun do that mistake many times over!! haha

Haha....my greatest fantasy is for Ribery to come!! haha...but most likely he will end up being a Gunner:(....So what you guys think....share your thoughts...

no_faith
08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
lampard+gerrard. seems like steve mcclaren dont have the balls to drop one of them. and the struggle continues.

lampard+gerrard = lampard+ballack, both attacking mid conflict with each other. one position. 2 on the pitch.
also dun tink s.mclaren is a good coach.

qbdp
08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
i watched the england v spain friendly. the only player who played like a pro is carrick (spurs sold him and look at the midfield problems spurs is having).

swp played like good grief...

p.neville has been playing dm for everton all along and suddenly he took the left back spot for england!

why g.neville is still 1st choice right back is beyond me.

and woodgate, he deserves a england call up? i dont think so.

and before we forget, the nonsensical lampard+gerrard. seems like steve mcclaren dont have the balls to drop one of them. and the struggle continues... :D

Eh...G Neville has to be England's first choice right back becoz of his experience but Micah Richards should play 90mins in all friendlies.

SWP is struggling maybe coz he doesnt play much at Chelsea.

Woodgate was good before his lengthy injuries problems. Hopefully he can challenge Terry for competition. Why didnt the Clueless One field Dawson last night?

P Neville was playing at left back coz he is better there than Carragher...haha

Bro, how can you say McClaren got no balls? He was the one that ended Beckham's England career. This man got balls! Its just that he is CLUELESS!!

Lampard should be rested coz he plays so often for Chelsea. England doesnt need to trouble him when there's Gerrard and Carrick.

I dont understand why Crouch is in the squad when the best English weapon for crosses and set pieces is in Madrid busy packing his luggages. :confused:

Castrol
09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
What in your Opinion do you guys think that Spurs need at this moment to challenge for top placing in the league?

i'll still say a very very good defensive midfielder like carrick is what is missing now. someone like him who can like what you mention, spray the passes. and on top of that, someone who cuts off the opponent's attack in midfield.

you may have a world class back four, but it is not enough against powerful teams like man utd. you remember milan's back four against liverpool in the champions final in the 2nd half? nesta and stam were wondering what happened to their midfield.

although zokora is doing a decent job now, he loves to attack. and the best centre midfield man to lead the attack is jenas.

sad to say, spurs is not the team to beat these days. that honour is shared by the usual epl big 4 clubs. the enterprising football spurs play that won over millions of spurs fans thru the years is not enough anymore. spurs must stop the leak and prevent those 3-0 or 4-0 defeats.

i dont need glory days to maintain my unconditional love for spurs, what i want to see is spurs play with pride in every match.

Castrol
09-02-2007, 11:30 AM
lampard+gerrard = lampard+ballack, both attacking mid conflict with each other. one position. 2 on the pitch.
also dun tink s.mclaren is a good coach.

mcclaren should ask them, "hey lamps, steven, who wanna play the 1st 45mins?" :D

Eh...G Neville has to be England's first choice right back becoz of his experience but Micah Richards should play 90mins in all friendlies.

SWP is struggling maybe coz he doesnt play much at Chelsea.

Woodgate was good before his lengthy injuries problems. Hopefully he can challenge Terry for competition. Why didnt the Clueless One field Dawson last night?

Bro, how can you say McClaren got no balls? He was the one that ended Beckham's England career. This man got balls! Its just that he is CLUELESS!!

g.neville is very experienced and goes for tackles, but he's quite ineffective when overlapping. his crosses are always to no man's land.

swp used to play much and paid less, now he's paid much and play less.

woodgate tend to lose concentration these days. the clueless one should have tried dawson but i think he was going for an experienced defence.

i believe mcclaren got the balls to drop beckham that time becos becks was already featuring little in the madrid team that time. and his performance in the wc 2006 showed he's struggling with pace.

putrawk
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
i'll still say a very very good defensive midfielder like carrick is what is missing now. someone like him who can like what you mention, spray the passes. and on top of that, someone who cuts off the opponent's attack in midfield.

Yeah I agree with u bro. Now that Carrick and Davids has left, we had to rely on either Zokora or Hudds. Zokora makes a good attacking mf while Hudds is still very young. His passes are sometimes sublime, its just that he lacks pace, which is vital for a defensive mf coz he needs to go up and down the field. But I have my trust in Hudds...maybe he would be a good player in years to come, but if u want instant success, we better look for an established player. A couple of seasons ago we were linked with Hargreaves. But we opted not to go ahead with the deal as we had Carrick. But now Carrick has gone to ManYoo...and they also want Hargreaves! My my, how greedy can a club be...hehe...What we need is a marshal in the heart of mf. We had hardmen before in Hoddle (in his later years at Spurs), Vinny Samways and Davids. We should look at these players, who could marshall the mf and is a hard tackling player. Mind you, successful teams have these kinds of players....Barca has Xavi, ManYoo had the other Keane, ARSE-nal has Gilberto, Chelsea has Essien and Makelele and used to have Denis Wise and before that Vinny Jones and unbeatable Inter has Vieira. Now thats a point to ponder...

Castrol
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Barca has Xavi, ManYoo had the other Keane, ARSE-nal has Gilberto, Chelsea has Essien and Makelele and used to have Denis Wise and before that Vinny Jones and unbeatable Inter has Vieira. Now thats a point to ponder...

xavi is another excellent midfield marshal. small guy but big player. i watched the france v argentina friendly last nite, cambiasso was superb. france kept re-organizing and ribery couldnt run in for the kill at all becos cambiasso was thwarting their attacks. :D

putrawk
09-02-2007, 05:39 PM
xavi is another excellent midfield marshal. small guy but big player. i watched the france v argentina friendly last nite, cambiasso was superb. france kept re-organizing and ribery couldnt run in for the kill at all becos cambiasso was thwarting their attacks. :D

Yeah but Cambiasso was crap for Real Madrid, only recently we could see his true capabilities. He has an eye for a goal too.

As for england, well....they were crap. If i were Macca, I would start this 11...GK- Foster (I reckon RObbo needs a rest and his form is not that great), RB-Micah Richards (no disrespect to G.Nev, but I think Micah has a bright future and is not short of confidence, another plus point is that he plays for a crappy club yet he is playing well for them!) LB-I would play Barry rather than P.Nev because based on form, Barry is better and P.Nev hasnt played in that position for sometime now. CB- Ok fine, I will stick with Ferdi, but Woody isnt the same since he joined Madrid and Boro. I would go for Dawson ..RM-Dyer. I suppose If not for Lennon's illness, I wouldve played him. But Dyer did better than SWP. I wonder why Macca didnt call Pennant...is he injured? CM- Barton and Stevie G. Lamps??? I think he is not his usual self this season. Burn out maybe. Carrick? He deserve a place but I would play Barton. Maybe he has more enthusiasm than Carrick as this is his 1st call up and wouldve give his all. ST- Defoe shouldve start. Crouch was irritating to watch but his record for Engerland is superb. Overall, I think Macca shouldve played 442. Get him out and promote El Tel back at the helm.

lungless
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Sheffield United 2 Spurs 1

Hmm....cannot comment much as not televised....wasted that Spurs gave away the game after an early lead....need to have post mortem man...need to improve too!! No worries, better results next time round!:) Cheers

Castrol
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Sheffield United 2 Spurs 1

seems like spurs is conceding a penalty in every match or what? :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6461668_7_1.jpg
Phil Jagielka (6) of Sheffield United celebrates scoring from a penalty kick against Tottenham as the Blades finished up a 2-1 victory over Spurs.

putrawk
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
seems like spurs is conceding a penalty in every match or what? :(

[[/I]

Nevermind conceding penalties in every match...we are conceding goals. Surely Jol need to improve on this. Robbo is looking out of sort...when was the last time he kept a clean sheet???? The defence too should take the blame. I rate Dawson and Chimbo highly but offlate, they, as a defence unit are not working together.

We also tend to lose the ball in midfield which may lead to goals for the opposition. We dont really have a ball winner. We are soft and fragile. I cant understand our MF...we're leaking goals thru the midfielders legs, but then they dun really create chances for our strikers. When are we gonna work as a unit in whole? as a team? Again, this has to be another season of mediocre football by Spurs. But fret not, I will give my continuous support for the team I have supported since 1985!!

qbdp
12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/g/p/2007-02-10/U2035P6T12D2750011F44DT20070210233410.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/g/p/2007-02-11/U2029P6T12D2750122F44DT20070211010417.jpg

qbdp
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Robbo is looking out of sort...when was the last time he kept a clean sheet???? The defence too should take the blame. I rate Dawson and Chimbo highly but offlate, they, as a defence unit are not working together.

I've just watched the EPL highlights show, Spurs defence was in 6s and 7s. Dawson not winning all headers. Misses King big time.

Castrol
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Again, this has to be another season of mediocre football by Spurs. But fret not, I will give my continuous support for the team I have supported since 1985!!

yeah fret not buddy, spurs is leading the bottom half right now, they will still be in epl and we will still see spurs' live telecast next season. :p

but this bad to worse string of six winless epl games is really not reflecting the quality of the squad. 1 spurs player can exchange for 3 from reading or sheff utd, you know what i mean?

I've just watched the EPL highlights show, Spurs defence was in 6s and 7s. Dawson not winning all headers. Misses King big time.

great pics bro!

calling for LEDLEY KING!

SOS! SAVE OUR SPURS! :D

lungless
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Nevermind conceding penalties in every match...we are conceding goals. Surely Jol need to improve on this. Robbo is looking out of sort...when was the last time he kept a clean sheet???? The defence too should take the blame. I rate Dawson and Chimbo highly but offlate, they, as a defence unit are not working together.

I think that there are no real leader in the defence now. Im hoping that Dawson can step up or Robbo to lead!! Is the problem similar to Chelsea when Terry and Cech not around? I think so....

We also tend to lose the ball in midfield which may lead to goals for the opposition. We dont really have a ball winner. We are soft and fragile. I cant understand our MF...we're leaking goals thru the midfielders legs, but then they dun really create chances for our strikers. When are we gonna work as a unit in whole? as a team? Again, this has to be another season of mediocre football by Spurs. But fret not, I will give my continuous support for the team I have supported since 1985!!

I agree totally with you.....i mentioned that there are no grit left in this Spurs Midfield....only Tainio and sometime Ghaly are able to provide them. I think they truly missed the combatant attitude of Brown, Mendes and Davids...the present crop of midfielders must show more grit and bite in the same level as their high individual skills in the near future....Yup will continue to support them strongly no matter what!!:) I truly like Mendes!!! What a waste they sold him...

lungless
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM

Yeah...i noticed that the last 3 games dawson have not been dominant in the air as what he used to be...hope this will not be permanent?!!?

qbdp
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Jenas: We need some fight

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas has admitted that they lack the ability to battle for points away from home.

Spurs slumped to defeat at Sheffield United on Saturday and have won only one game on the road all season in the Premiership.

Jenas admitted: "We have to be a bit more resilient. We can't look at our away record as a fluke - it's something which has to be looked at.

"A fluke is a one-off and this hasn't been a one-off. We're not hiding away from the facts.

"We are completely aware of it and we are determined to change it.

"We've got the talent to come to places like this and win, but talent doesn't always win you games. You have to have more than that.

"Our ability will beat a lot of sides, but we need to start being stronger and more physical."

Spurs boss Martin Jol admitted that they are lacking the physical presence of the departed Edgar Davids and Michael Carrick as well as the injured Ledley King.

geylang
12-02-2007, 11:50 PM
im going to london to watch Spurs vs Bolton on 25thFeb!!....anyone joining? :D

putrawk
13-02-2007, 03:21 PM
im going to london to watch Spurs vs Bolton on 25thFeb!!....anyone joining? :D

Have fun mate. Ive been to WHL a number of times as I lived nearby when I was a teenager. One of the best stadia ive ever been to. Been to a few stadiums in England and I must say that WHL has the best kebab there!! LOL. But overall I think The best stadium I have been to is the Amsterdam Arena. Simply electrifying and breathtaking.

putrawk
13-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Is the problem similar to Chelsea when Terry and Cech not around? I think so....

Yeah pretty similar but Chelsea has more depth. They have Cudicini and the ever the hillarious Hillario as backup. Their defence isnt that bad either compared to us at Spurs.

I truly like Mendes!!! What a waste they sold him...

Pedro Mendes...I liked him a lot. He was a hero of mine and even had his name on the back of my kappa kit. But hey man, at least Tainio and Ghaly are better than David Howells, Paul Stewert, Steve Sedgley and Nicola Berti combined. Its just that Jol needs to find the right blend, the ultimate combination. I reckon Zokora could be our hardman. Having said that, we need to level him with an attacking midfielder to compliment the strikers. Thus, Zokora partnering Hudds wont work as both are defensive minded. I would go for Zokora or Hudds or Tainio partnering either Jenas, Murphy or Malbranque as I stick to my decision that Malbranque is a superb playmaker if he was given that role rather than a LM (in which he has done well, but we need a natural LM).

We have a good team, its just that Jol needs to dig his brain deeper to find the right combo. We just dont play well as a team compared to ManYoo, Kops, Chelsea, ARSE-nal and even (Michael) Bolton!

qbdp
15-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Jol: We will do it again

Tottenham manager Martin Jol believes his team have what it takes to turn their disappointing league form around despite falling into the bottom half of the table following the 2-1 loss to Sheffield United.

Speaking to the official Tottenham website Jol said: "We are not being dragged into the lower reaches, we are 11th with a game in hand, which is not the best of positions because we want to be in the top seven, but we have played 40 games now and are still developing as a team and unit,"

"At times this season we have flourished, we are proud of the cup runs this season, but we could do with five or six points more in the league and that is the issue.

"If we had put our chances away on our travels at places like Watford and Aston Villa there would be no complaints over our league position.

"We will turn it around and make things better. We have been a bit vulnerable lately but, in the end, our quality will pull us through.

"Confidence is not low and we still have the quality to come through this period - we have done it before and we will do it again.

"I feel there is a lot of growth to come in this team and we will show that, but sometimes you have to be patient. We need a bit of time."

Castrol
16-02-2007, 10:14 AM
"We will turn it around and make things better. We have been a bit vulnerable lately but, in the end, our quality will pull us through.

spurs will turn it around on this sunday's FA cup clash with fulham in the cottage at 11.55pm.

spore pools is paying 2.42 for a spurs victory. no more draw, no more extra time, no more ice cream. i will splash $100 and get back $242 on monday! :D

yinyang
16-02-2007, 10:31 AM
..paying 2.42 for a spurs victory. no more draw, no more extra time, no more ice cream. i will splash $100 and get back $242 on monday! :D
Plenty of spare change left for beer money... Speaking of ice cream , reminds me of my last night's foray (last call before cny, mah). Cabbie on way home confessed he's a goner when FL does "ice cream" (bbj) errr something like gone in 2 mins! How our conversation turned to this anatomy talk is another story kekekeke:p

qbdp
16-02-2007, 10:44 AM
'We're there for the taking' admits Jol as the pressure starts to mount
By Glenn Moore
Published: 16 February 2007

When a manager begins to manipulate statistics and lower expectations, it is an indication that he is under pressure. So it is with Martin Jol, who last night looked ahead to Tottenham Hotspur's fifth-round FA Cup tie at Fulham on Sunday with a mixture of bravado and negativity that betrayed his insecurity.

Spurs' season of promise has turned sour since the Carling Cup semi-final defeat to Arsenal. Victory would have covered up a patchy League campaign notable for the club's lamentable away form.

Defeat appears to have exacerbated the problems, Spurs subsequently losing 4-0 at home to Manchester United, then at Sheffield United.

Fulham, who are just a point behind Spurs in the Premiership, have not lost at Craven Cottage in eight matches and Jol said: "They might feel we are there for the taking at the moment." He added: "We will use that as a motivation. We have to prove to people that we can be solid, physical and professional in what we do."

In looking for positives, Jol expunged the Carling Cup semi-final from the records. Arsenal won in extra time in the second leg and Jol said: "We haven't suffered a defeat in 14 cup matches over 90 minutes and that is good."

In mitigation, Spurs have been badly affected by injuries, to Ledley King and Aaron Lennon in particular. They have also progressed to the last 16 of the Uefa Cup, albeit helped by the expulsion of their scheduled opponents Feyenoord after crowd trouble.

After narrowly missing out on a Champions League place last May, then investing heavily during the summer, Spurs were not expected to be in the bottom half of the table at this stage, 10 points off a Uefa Cup place and 16 adrift of a Champions League qualifying spot. The future of Jol, who took over in November 2004 after Jacques Santini walked out, is attracting speculation. Soon after his appointment, Jol gave a barnstorming speech at the club's AGM, at which he harked back to the club's sepia-tinged glory days and invoked the memory of the Double-winning manager Bill Nicholson. His ebullient style, and early success, won over the Spurs fans.

But recently there have been signs of dissatisfaction at White Hart Lane, which has never been the easiest audience to please. Arsenal's continued excellence, and the fact they fielded an understrength team in that Carling Cup semi-final, but still won, has not helped.

Robbie Keane, who has been the stand-in captain in the absence of King, said: "I have been through times like this before when you just can't get that win, but we know it will not last with the players we have. We've too many good players to just sit back and accept it.

"We've got winners in our squad and we know a win is just around the corner and once we get that we will be back on song again. It is about sticking together, working hard for each other and bouncing back. I've got no doubt in my mind that we will be back."

Adding insult to injury yesterday was an uninvited rebuff from Robinho. Real Madrid's young Brazilian striker said of reports linking him to White Hart Lane: "If I had to leave Real, I'd choose to join another big club. I don't regard Tottenham Hotspur as a big club." :eek:

qbdp
16-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Where has it all gone wrong for Jol's sorry Spurs?
Cups are the last resort for a club in freefall from last year's challenge to the big four, writes Jeremy Wilson
Friday February 16, 2007
The Guardian

It was Bill Nicholson who most succinctly summed up the level of expectation that swirls around White Hart Lane. "If you don't win anything, you have had a bad season," Tottenham's 1961 Double-winning manager once remarked.
By such strict criteria Spurs have endured mostly poor seasons over two decades, the only silverware coming via the FA Cup in 1991 and League Cup in 1999. As they prepare for Sunday's FA Cup fifth-round tie at Fulham, this year looks unlikely to be different.

Tottenham were beaten by Arsenal in the Carling Cup semi-finals at the end of last month and enter the final third of the season in the bottom half of the Premiership. In nine months they have moved from Champions League candidates to a team closer to the relegation zone. It may be premature to talk of a crisis but the murmurings of discontent are becoming more audible.
Since taking charge in 2004 Martin Jol, Tottenham's manager, has spent more on buying players than his Arsenal counterpart, Arsène Wenger, but according to the former Spurs winger, Chris Waddle, his activity in the transfer market is in danger of becoming counter-productive.

"With good teams you pretty much know the starting 11 but, if someone asked me to guess Tottenham's team this weekend, I might get five players right," he said. "Jol is trying too hard to keep his squad happy. Players are in and out every week and I get the feeling he is needing to accommodate players who have been signed on good contracts for big money. I look at Tottenham and just think where is the fear factor?"

Tottenham remain in the FA Cup and have received a bye to the last 16 of the Uefa Cup. But, after appearing poised to challenge the Premiership dominance of Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal last year, their league form has plummeted, culminating in last weekend's defeat at Sheffield United. Away from home they have won once all season, scoring nine goals in the process.

"Fulham might feel we are there for the taking at the moment," Jol said yesterday. "We will use that as a motivation and we have to prove to people we can be solid, physical and professional in what we do."

Since the turn of the year Tottenham's only victories have come against Cardiff and Southend in the FA Cup. "There is no feeling against Martin Jol but supporters are pretty despondent," said the football author and Tottenham season-ticket holder Mark Perryman. "Most people recognise that we are now going backwards. We have fallen into the trap of adding quantity rather than quality."

The sale of Michael Carrick to Manchester United for a fee that could rise to £18.6m has left a hole in midfield but arguably the biggest setback has been Ledley King's ongoing injury problems. Steve Perryman, who won the FA, Uefa and League Cups twice each during his Tottenham career, believes that King's absence has been costly. "For a club to be successful at the very highest level you need leadership in the boardroom, in the manager's office and on the pitch," he said. "There seems to have been a purpose to what they have been doing behind the scenes but I do not see a leader on the pitch."

"I'm not questioning [the players'] ability but can they dig in, are they prepared to fall out with each other?" said Waddle. "Every good team has players who point the finger and have presence. I don't see much presence running through the middle of the team. Michael Carrick has not been replaced; he's not an aggressive ball winner but his positional sense and distribution are first-class."

Considering Everton and Newcastle remain the only clubs to have broken into the Premiership's so-called 'big four' over the past five years, Tottenham's current slump must be placed in perspective. "Tottenham are secure now," said Steve Perryman. "There is no dallying with relegation and there is still a feeling the club is going in the right direction. I just think the club needs a trophy. When we won the FA Cup in 1981 it led to a few years of success. The cups this year are vital because they could act as a launch pad."

The former Tottenham midfielder, Alan Mullery, is adamant that any sense of panic would be premature. "There has been a policy of buying young players - I don't think there is a player over 30 in the team," he said. "The board have given money to Martin Jol and there have been some good buys and some bad buys but it does take a bit of time to gel."

Supporters, though, are expectant and impatient, especially after last year. "Tottenham have a demanding crowd but it is a great stage for football; one of the very best," Waddle added. "It is a club with glamour and you really need to stick your chest out. But with that comes a feeling they should be doing better."

lungless
16-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I think Spurs will pull thru if all of them stick to one another and stick to the Gaffer!!

For the Robinho thingy, i am not bothered as he is not the kind of Player that Spurs will look to...i dun think he even have the physics to last in EPL...i rather Spurs have Ribery!! Haha...but thats a dream lar!:p

Castrol
16-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Cabbie on way home confessed he's a goner when FL does "ice cream" (bbj) errr something like gone in 2 mins! How our conversation turned to this anatomy talk is another story kekekeke:p

maybe cabbies sit in the bumpy taxi for too many hours, didi whole day feel nauseous so thats why very fast throw out. :D

Castrol
16-02-2007, 11:51 AM
For the Robinho thingy, i am not bothered as he is not the kind of Player that Spurs will look to...i dun think he even have the physics to last in EPL...i rather Spurs have Ribery!! Haha...but thats a dream lar!:p

except for a few dazzling turns shown in a few matches last season, robinho is now officially a flop in real madrid. he just scored 1 goal so far this season and he is starting to make noise about not starting enough games blah blah.

real madrid is my favourite club in la liga, so i follow and watch their matches. robinho is becoming very selfish with the ball even when he is playing winger and his shots are often weak and wide. if spurs wanna sign anybody from madrid, the player should be guti. :D

putrawk
16-02-2007, 01:33 PM
if spurs wanna sign anybody from madrid, the player should be guti. :D

Yeah Guti. And he has leadership quality as well as he is the vice captain behind Raul. That should be good enuff for our midfield who I think lack leadership quality. We were linked with Guti last season....what ever happened to it? another "ALMOST" signing for us then I supposed?

Castrol
16-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah Guti. And he has leadership quality as well as he is the vice captain behind Raul. That should be good enuff for our midfield who I think lack leadership quality. We were linked with Guti last season....what ever happened to it? another "ALMOST" signing for us then I supposed?

guti is a master of thru passes and never fear 50/50 balls. ask ronaldo and zidane and they'll tell you how many assists they got from him.

i am not sure about guti-spurs last season, i only know he has always expressed his determination to stay in madrid. but he is one of those in the list of "clearance sale" come end of this season.

putrawk
16-02-2007, 03:37 PM
guti is a master of thru passes and never fear 50/50 balls. ask ronaldo and zidane and they'll tell you how many assists they got from him.

i am not sure about guti-spurs last season, i only know he has always expressed his determination to stay in madrid. but he is one of those in the list of "clearance sale" come end of this season.

Ok I'll ask Ronaldo and Zidane. Hehe. My wife is a fan of Real Madrid since the days of Emillio Butraguenno and Hugo Sanchez. Her fav player is Zidane and Guti. So after marriying her, I followed them too but my passion r with Spurs.

If I were to choose anyone from Real Madrid, it has to be these players...Guti, Cicinho (but we already have Chimbo at RB), Roberto Carlos (old but still going strong, another player who might be given the boot by Capello with Marcelo in the team) and Casillas...trade him with Robbo and Im a happy man! I also dun mind former Real winger Solari. I thought he was great with the galacticos but after joining Inter, he flopped. But Im sure if he were to play regularly, he could be a hit on the left wing

Castrol
16-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok I'll ask Ronaldo and Zidane. Hehe. My wife is a fan of Real Madrid since the days of Emillio Butraguenno and Hugo Sanchez.

I also dun mind former Real winger Solari. I thought he was great with the galacticos but after joining Inter, he flopped. But Im sure if he were to play regularly, he could be a hit on the left wing

wow the 2 greats made their stars during the 1982 and 1986 world cups respectively (hope i remember correctly).

solari played very well for madrid, but unfortunately he was behind figo and zidane in the pecking order. for argentina, he was 2nd choice to kily gonzalez. a case of wrong place and wrong time. is he still in the inter squad? i think he should go back to play in spain. he is an exciting player to watch.

lungless
19-02-2007, 09:32 AM
FA CUP 5TH ROUND

Fulham 0 Spurs 4

Its good to see them battling hard in midfield and the front 2 harrassing their opponents helps too (except for Mido crazy back pass and attempt at goal with his head - own goal that is!! crazy!! haha)....i think they need the battling quality of Tainio now and Zokorra shows he can dished a thing or two too....cheers!! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

lungless
19-02-2007, 09:40 AM

I think Guti can last in EPL as he is a combatant as well as very skillful...Roberto Carlos is still good but he is not as good as a defender now and he talks abit too much - remember he said that Brazil gonna win the World Cup? And look what happened?!! He was sleeping when France scored. As soon as he said that, i was thinking...thats the end of the road for Brazil in the last World Cup!!.It came true actually...was disgussed with some players in that Squad...with Ronaldino, who simply cannot play simple football!! haiz...Anyway I would rather the players motivate each other in the dressing room...and please no ego and no trash talking!! Dun need them in the team anyway!!

qbdp
19-02-2007, 09:47 AM
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-19/37M68E1400D80005.jpg

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-19/37M68DIS00D80005.jpg

qbdp
19-02-2007, 09:49 AM
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-19/37M68D0K00D80005.jpg

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-19/37M68DRV00D80005.jpg

Check out Jol's face expression after the 0-4 demolition of Fulham.

lungless
19-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry Double Post:(

Castrol
19-02-2007, 11:39 AM
THE KEANE OF KINGS

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6483416_7_1.jpg

georgemagnum
20-02-2007, 01:07 AM
if only SPURS can achieve better consistency for the rest of their EPL matches......else, UEFA slot, fly kite liao.....:(

george

qbdp
22-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Keane soars and Spurs are flying at the moment!

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-22/37TTH5DK00D80005.jpg

qbdp
22-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Jenas fires winner

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-22/37TTH63N00D80005.jpg

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-22/37TTH67O00D80005.jpg

Castrol
22-02-2007, 12:35 PM
...and with just two minutes left, Jermaine Jenas struck a cracking winner while Everton looked like they were trying to protect a point.

everton 1 (arteta)
mighty spurs 2 (berbatov, jenas)

wonderful pics bro qdbp!

ah_gogo
22-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Congrats Spurs for kicking the Blueboys arses :)

lungless
22-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats Spurs for kicking the Blueboys arses :)

To be honest bro...Spurs did not kicked their arses......i think Spurs played a competitive combatant game....which is nice to see....Everton to be honest actually performed quite well after the Interval......but they were let down by tactical change and substitution....Their new boy Fernandez was great and almost run himself to the ground....He is a Good young player.....and that Everton goal came from a questionable referee decision right?! I think the Ref and Linesman got problem communicating man!!:(

lungless
22-02-2007, 09:11 PM
In the recent 2 games...some of the Spurs player really up the ante....Hope they can sustain the performance. The Midfield now got some bite with Tainio really working really hard winning back the ball and tracking players. Zokorra is doing the same thing and i like the way he brings the ball forward. Malbranque works his socks off and Lennon is just Lennon:)....Jenas played quite well yesterday!!

Gardner Shows that he is a good defender and can see that the partnership with Dawson is beginning to be fruitful....

Upfront, Keane shows intelligent plays and running into areas where the opposing defenders have difficulty tracking him....so does Berbatov....both were able to beat the Offside trap well with their runs....Mido contributed as well. When Defoe comes back to the first eleven, i hope he will be able to do the same and not to be caught with the offside trap too often....

Overall, glad to see Spurs improved over the last 2 games. The aggressiveness really pays - at least for the time being...but i hope to see them continue flowing football when attacking and aggressive football when defending:)

qbdp
22-02-2007, 11:45 PM
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-02-22/37TTH5M400D80005.jpg

As Moyes Flags for Bus.....

Jol: Right! Time to show my European compatriots at their 'bigger' clubs how to score when a bus is parked at my opponent's goal.

Castrol
23-02-2007, 10:34 AM
In the recent 2 games...some of the Spurs player really up the ante....Hope they can sustain the performance. The Midfield now got some bite with Tainio really working really hard winning back the ball and tracking players. Zokorra is doing the same thing and i like the way he brings the ball forward. Malbranque works his socks off and Lennon is just Lennon:)....Jenas played quite well yesterday!!

it was excellent stuff from zokora mashalling the midfield against everton. he's getting as good as makelele protecting the defence but perhaps lack a bit of creativity.

when lennon plays, spurs is awesome. he still needs to score regularly in order to cement his 1st 11 spot.

jenas got to work on his final touch but of course he is invaluable becos of his eye for goal and his view to a kill. you'll notice spurs' goals this season are mostly contributed by the strikers. a winning team which can go all the way is the team that have midfielders banging in the goals as well.

Castrol
23-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Jol: Right! Time to show my European compatriots at their 'bigger' clubs how to score when a bus is parked at my opponent's goal.

moyes: damned... i should have brought a double decker! :D

qbdp
23-02-2007, 11:00 AM
moyes: damned... i should have brought a double decker! :D

Everton squad: ya lor...boss, but make sure its not the open top one hor? :o

Castrol
23-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Darren Anderton is one of the best crossers in england during his days. in my humble opinion, the best corner taker too. having said that, i cant help but compare beckham to anderton. they call beckham "the god of crosses", no argument from me but anderton is a better dribbler and could always produce magnificent crosses in every game he played, if only more connections (from the strikers) were made from them...

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/ANDERTON_D_19990321_NF_L.jpg

1992-2004

POSITION
Midfielder

DATE OF BIRTH
Friday, 3rd March 1972

PLACE OF BIRTH
Southampton, England

LEAGUE DEBUT
Saturday, 15th August 1992 in a 0-0 draw at Southampton (Aged: 20)

It is easy to wonder what might have been with Darren Anderton, an extremely talented winger whose career has been a stop-start one because of a seemingly endless run of injury problems.

Renowned as a player of huge potential, Anderton's career has been constantly frustrated by injury earning him the nickname "Sicknote". He began his career at Portsmouth, earning praise for his performances for Jim Smith's attacking side of the early 90s. His performances soon drew the attention of bigger clubs and after an impressive FA Cup run the winger joined Tottenham Hotspur for £1.75 million in 1992. After a slow start Anderton settled at Tottenham, forming part of an exciting attacking trio along with Teddy Sheringham and the young Nicky Barmby.

Two years later Terry Venables gave Anderton his England debut against Denmark in 1994. Anderton soon became a regular in the national side and turned down a move to Manchester United in the summer of 1995 following an exciting season spent playing with the likes of Jurgen Klinsmann at Tottenham. Despite missing most of the 1995/6 season through injury, Anderton played a huge part in the Euro 96 team that reached the semi-finals and included famous compatriots like Paul Gascoigne, Alan Shearer, Steve McManaman and Teddy Sheringham, who was then his teammate at Tottenham Hotspur.

Injuries and the challenge of the emerging David Beckham then limited Anderton's international appearances considerably. He missed most of the 1997/8 season but was recalled for Glenn Hoddle's squad for the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France, starting above Beckham for the first 2 matches, and playing both his and Beckham's preferred right-midfield position with Beckham playing in the centre of midfield for the remaining matches. He scored against Colombia in that tournament, but again injuries meant he couldn't claim a regular place in the side.

Anderton's form during the early part of the 2001/02 season earned his first call-up to Sven-Göran Eriksson's England squad for a friendly against Sweden in November. However, that game spelled the end of the player's international career, as Eriksson failed to select him again.

Meanwhile, Anderton continued to struggle badly with injuries, missing more games than he played for his club. That led to his release at the end of his contract in the summer of 2004. In all, he appeared in 364 games for Spurs, scoring 51 goals.

Birmingham City swooped to sign Anderton on a free transfer for the 2004/05 season. However, he failed to impress, and continued to struggle with injuries. He joined Wolves at the start of the 2005/06 season again for a free transfer. However, after just one season in which he played 20 times, Wolves released the 34 year old. On September 8, 2006 he joined Bournemouth on a pay-as-you-play basis, scoring a spectacular 40-yard freekick on his first team debut against Scunthorpe. On February 10, 2007, he scored his first career hat-trick against Leyton Orient.

right now, steve mcclaren must consider carefully who he wants to recall for england's right midfield role; anderton or beckham. :D

lungless
25-02-2007, 10:44 AM
For todays game vs Bolton. I hope that Spurs harrass and harrass and more harrassing the bolton out of their game. If Spurs can beat Bolton tonite, that will show that Spurs have a good chance to end the season with a bang!!!

Castrol
26-02-2007, 10:35 AM
For todays game vs Bolton. I hope that Spurs harrass and harrass and more harrassing the bolton out of their game.

spurs harassed and harassed bolton till their asses became red. when spurs was 3-0 up, i suddenly realise it was bolton they were playing against. they had gary speed, diouf, stelios, campo, nolan but their midfield was no match for spurs. :D

mighty spurs 4 (keane, jenas, keane, lennon)
bolton 1 (speed)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6504656_7_1.jpg
Robbie Keane of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates with teammates after he scored the first goal against Bolton Wanderers.

qbdp
26-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Congrats...Another big win for Spurs!

Jolly Jol showing the number of goals his team has scored in the last 3 games.
http://www.sportbox.tv/images/actionimages/football/2007/02/25/1172424036_spt_ai_spurs_bolton_40.gif

putrawk
26-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Classy. We showed character and class against a good Bolton side. EVen when we r down with 10 men, we showed that we could play under pressure. Of course Bolton was the dominant team in the 2nd half but we had greater chances of scoring. Berbatov had 2 good chance and Malbranque had a couple too. Berbatov have been great, eventhough he didnt score in that match. The commentators was full of praise for him and I hope he will continue giving us the good. Up the Spurs, Up up and awayyy...

linnaohia1
26-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Have to admit, Spurs has been deadly in recent times ...

Castrol
26-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Have to admit, Spurs has been deadly in recent times ...

yes bro, deadly in recent times, daring at all times. :D

lungless
26-02-2007, 09:25 PM
spurs harassed and harassed bolton till their asses became red. when spurs was 3-0 up, i suddenly realise it was bolton they were playing against. they had gary speed, diouf, stelios, campo, nolan but their midfield was no match for spurs. :D

mighty spurs 4 (keane, jenas, keane, lennon)
bolton 1 (speed)

This performance was what i have been waiting for....a combination of Skills and Bite!! Hope that Spurs will play with this determination often!! Anyway, i was actually thinking still that Ribery will be a nice acquisition. If cannot get him, i hope Spurs will look to Tevez. With West Ham in all kind of sorts, maybe can get Tevez for a bargain. I think he can be as deadly as Rooney if not deadlier as shown when he leads Argentina in the World Youth Cup a few years ago....he can definitely add dimensions to Spurs game....what you guys think?

Castrol
27-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Anyway, i was actually thinking still that Ribery will be a nice acquisition. If cannot get him, i hope Spurs will look to Tevez. With West Ham in all kind of sorts, maybe can get Tevez for a bargain. I think he can be as deadly as Rooney if not deadlier as shown when he leads Argentina in the World Youth Cup a few years ago....he can definitely add dimensions to Spurs game....what you guys think?

haha bro, you always mention ribery. yeah ribery will be right for spurs becos spurs is a attacking team.

hey maybe spurs can really revitalise tevez's career. argentinians always do well for spurs.

putrawk
27-02-2007, 02:50 PM
argentinians always do well for spurs.

Hehe...apart from Ricky Villa n Ossie, who else? Mauricio Taricco? He's not excactly Roberto Carlos isnt he?

lungless
27-02-2007, 10:02 PM
haha bro, you always mention ribery. yeah ribery will be right for spurs becos spurs is a attacking team.

hey maybe spurs can really revitalise tevez's career. argentinians always do well for spurs.

Haha....im just hoping for Ribery only:) Chances are he will be a gunner:(

I think Tevez is just playing for the wrong club at the wrong time....he is too great a talent to pass by. Look at Mascherano, he plays well for Liverpool in his first game, didn't he? I think there is really a backroom problem in West Ham, how could you explain 2 world class players not able to perform there??I think West Ham will go down in may and i think Tevez can be bought at a cheaper price.....

Castrol
28-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Hehe...apart from Ricky Villa n Ossie, who else? Mauricio Taricco? He's not excactly Roberto Carlos isnt he?

yeah he's not exactly gabriel heinze either. :D

Castrol
28-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I think West Ham will go down in may and i think Tevez can be bought at a cheaper price.....

there's something wrong with west ham which i also cant figure out. they play a decent game everytime but just cant get even. the new owner in the big coat was nearly in tears during the charlton clobbering last weekend. welcome to the EPL to him i guess.

i always try my best to watch west ham play becos i like their attacking style. i must say they always create many good scoring chances (more than aston villa or boro for sure) but fall victim to good goalkeeper saves.

i lost count how many balloon shots tevez executed. he's still very young and he's got time but i'm sure he will never forget his humble west ham days after (if) he moved.

qbdp
28-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I think Tevez is just playing for the wrong club at the wrong time....he is too great a talent to pass by. Look at Mascherano, he plays well for Liverpool in his first game, didn't he? I think there is really a backroom problem in West Ham, how could you explain 2 world class players not able to perform there??I think West Ham will go down in may and i think Tevez can be bought at a cheaper price.....

Communications btw players could be a problem and Tezev seems to settle quicker than Mascherano. But I believe they both went to the club at a wrong time. Hammers were beginning to struggle and Pardew was probably hoping to introduce them gradually when Hammers start to get results.

If Spurs sign Tevez then where will Keano play?

qbdp
28-02-2007, 12:54 PM
there's something wrong with west ham which i also cant figure out. they play a decent game everytime but just cant get even. the new owner in the big coat was nearly in tears during the charlton clobbering last weekend. welcome to the EPL to him i guess.

i lost count how many balloon shots tevez executed. he's still very young and he's got time but i'm sure he will never forget his humble west ham days after (if) he moved.

The Egghead should have stuck with Pardew and Hammers would be in a better position than they are today. At least they dont have to waste money on January signings who may ask for transfer if they are relegated. Not every club or manager can do a Portsmouth and Redknapp. :D

Pity their fans and Curbishley. Bought jinxed Quashie who was relegated with Saints (2004/05) and West Brom (2005/06). Both clubs, I think, signed him in the Jan window too. Hat-trick for Quashie? :eek:

Castrol
28-02-2007, 02:55 PM
The Egghead should have stuck with Pardew and Hammers would be in a better position than they are today.

Pity their fans and Curbishley. Bought jinxed Quashie who was relegated with Saints (2004/05) and West Brom (2005/06). Both clubs, I think, signed him in the Jan window too. Hat-trick for Quashie? :eek:

haha yeah the distinguished gentleman does have a head shaped like an egg. i respect pardew for having the balls to sideline the 2 argentina stars as he saw fit that time. although west ham flirted with relegation during his reign, they still could win a few.

i read about quashie's amazing career recently, he is quite a good ball winner but he relegated with a few different clubs before... what a resume... :D

putrawk
28-02-2007, 03:04 PM

I conclude that WHFC is just like the SPurs of the mid90s. WHFC has the likes of Tevez, Anton Ferdiand, Teddy Sherringham, Matthew Etherington (GASP!)...all good players. While in the mid - end 90s we had the likes of Ginola, Ruel Fox, Steffen Freund, Sir Les...We were struggling back then. We almost got relegated in 2 occasions if im not mistaken. But IMHO, I think that WH will go down but will bounce back up as I think Alan Curbs is a good manager. Remember, he was the one who changed Charlton to a Top 10 team. He first managed them with unhearald players like Bernie Slaven then suddenly he managed quality players like Darren Bent, Scott Parker and Luke Young. He was even shortlisted to become England manager until the FA mistakenly appointed Macca.

Castrol
28-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I conclude that WHFC is just like the SPurs of the mid90s. WHFC has the likes of Tevez, Anton Ferdiand, Teddy Sherringham, Matthew Etherington (GASP!)...all good players. While in the mid - end 90s we had the likes of Ginola, Ruel Fox, Steffen Freund, Sir Les...

He was even shortlisted to become England manager until the FA mistakenly appointed Macca.

macca? you mean steve mcmanaman? cant be right?

the german defensive midfielder steffen freud is like the danish poulsen guy (now playing for sevilla?). both of them take home body counts in every match.

yeah spurs was nearly relegated in i think a couple of seasons in the 90s. it was a trend of WDLL WDLL.

charlton in epl during curbs time was quite brilliant. middle table side but a side that wont get thumped by anyone. unfortunately, it is a little too late for him perhaps, there's only about 8 matches left and every damned epl club is now fighting hard for safety 3 pts or a european spot.

lungless
28-02-2007, 03:48 PM

i always try my best to watch west ham play becos i like their attacking style. i must say they always create many good scoring chances (more than aston villa or boro for sure) but fall victim to good goalkeeper saves.

Actually there are many similarities in the way Spurs and West Ham plays....But lately Spurs have more bite!! And not counting lots of unluckiness for West Ham....

lungless
28-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Communications btw players could be a problem and Tezev seems to settle quicker than Mascherano. But I believe they both went to the club at a wrong time. Hammers were beginning to struggle and Pardew was probably hoping to introduce them gradually when Hammers start to get results.

If Spurs sign Tevez then where will Keano play?

I strongly agree with you that they went to the wrong club at the wrong time......Tevez can always be added to the roster without Keane making way for him(i really like Keane as he is both creative and talented)....

Tevez can be the forward diamond shaped midfielder, playing just behind the front 2. Or he can play in either wings(switching with lennon or malbranque and routledge) like he does for Argentina.....he can also be the trump card for the stand in Striker if both Keane and Defoe, down injured.....I think he will be a good edition to the team.

lungless
28-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I conclude that WHFC is just like the SPurs of the mid90s. WHFC has the likes of Tevez, Anton Ferdiand, Teddy Sherringham, Matthew Etherington (GASP!)...all good players. While in the mid - end 90s we had the likes of Ginola, Ruel Fox, Steffen Freund, Sir Les...We were struggling back then. We almost got relegated in 2 occasions if im not mistaken. But IMHO, I think that WH will go down but will bounce back up as I think Alan Curbs is a good manager. Remember, he was the one who changed Charlton to a Top 10 team. He first managed them with unhearald players like Bernie Slaven then suddenly he managed quality players like Darren Bent, Scott Parker and Luke Young. He was even shortlisted to become England manager until the FA mistakenly appointed Macca.

Yeah, i can the similarity between the 2 clubs....but if WH goes down, will Curbishley still be the manager? I wonder if the new owner have that patient...time will tell...

lungless
28-02-2007, 04:03 PM
macca? you mean steve mcmanaman? cant be right?

the german defensive midfielder steffen freud is like the danish poulsen guy (now playing for sevilla?). both of them take home body counts in every match.

yeah spurs was nearly relegated in i think a couple of seasons in the 90s. it was a trend of WDLL WDLL.

charlton in epl during curbs time was quite brilliant. middle table side but a side that wont get thumped by anyone. unfortunately, it is a little too late for him perhaps, there's only about 8 matches left and every damned epl club is now fighting hard for safety 3 pts or a european spot.

I think bro putrawk meant Maclaren.....he is also another one of the many macca!!:D

Castrol
28-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Or he can play in either wings(switching with lennon or malbranque and routledge) like he does for Argentina......

wc 2006 was the first time i watched tevez play. he was on the left wing, awesome and terror!

I think bro putrawk meant Maclaren.....he is also another one of the many macca!!:D

oh i see, this is embarassking. :D

lungless
28-02-2007, 05:24 PM
wc 2006 was the first time i watched tevez play. he was on the left wing, awesome and terror!

oh i see, this is embarassking. :D

Actually before Messi came to the fore...the Argentinians was raving about Tevez being the new Maradona. Im lucky to see his play a few games in the Under 19 World Cup(or is it under 20 - cannot tell the difference or remember)....he was simply awesome....and im surprised that he decided to play in the Brazilian league instead after that....

Haha, no need to paiseh lar...too many Macca ard...and one of them is here in Singapore as a football pundits now:)

putrawk
01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Haha, no need to paiseh lar...too many Macca ard...and one of them is here in Singapore as a football pundits now:)

Hehe Yeah...The Maccas - McLaren, McManananananaman (hehe), McMahon (Steve- 80s Liverpool and Vince-WWE), McClair(80s-90sManYoo), McCoist(80s-90s Rangers), McLeod(80s Scottish International), McStay (90s celtic, former captain of Scotland) and the most famous of all...Ronald McDonald (Worldwide ambassador of fast food chain, best friend of Ronaldo).

qbdp
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Robbie Keane's appeal is rejected and is banned for Hammers' game. How come only 1 match? Thought a straight red is 2/3 matches.

Castrol
02-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Actually before Messi came to the fore...the Argentinians was raving about Tevez being the new Maradona.

well i dont think we'll see another maradona in our lifetime. simply becos maradona is someone who dribbled past a host of defenders all the way from midfield and scored. and no one can match his ball control.

Robbie Keane's appeal is rejected and is banned for Hammers' game. How come only 1 match? Thought a straight red is 2/3 matches.

bro for red card its automatically 1 immediate match ban. unless it is judged as a serious offence like fighting or deliberate body harm etc, then the FA may impose a few matches ban.

if i am not wrong, when a player accumulates a certain number of red cards (like roy keane, vieira, savage used to), the player may be banned for a few matches.

qbdp
02-03-2007, 01:52 PM
well i dont think we'll see another maradona in our lifetime. simply becos maradona is someone who dribbled past a host of defenders all the way from midfield and scored. and no one can match his ball control.

Georgie Best!

bro for red card its automatically 1 immediate match ban. unless it is judged as a serious offence like fighting or deliberate body harm etc, then the FA may impose a few matches ban.

if i am not wrong, when a player accumulates a certain number of red cards (like roy keane, vieira, savage used to), the player may be banned for a few matches.

Ya, Roy Keane kena suspended twice by the FA for same offence - total of 8 matches. :D

Castrol
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Georgie Best!

by George, he's the Best!

ok spurs travel to upton park on super sunday. did alan curbishley's dressing room's dressing down wake the hammers up?

is martin jol gonna personally cook lunch for the entire spurs squad to avoid hotel french cuisine which may be contaminated?

standby for answers. :D

putrawk
03-03-2007, 03:25 PM
by George, he's the Best!

ok spurs travel to upton park on super sunday. did alan curbishley's dressing room's dressing down wake the hammers up?

is martin jol gonna personally cook lunch for the entire spurs squad to avoid hotel french cuisine which may be contaminated?

standby for answers. :D

Well I pressume Martin Jol is a good cook...just look at his tummy. But Im hoping for another away victory for us as WH looks like they are playing without their true capabilities. Lets hope that the 4-0 loss against Charlton will dampen their hopes and our boys, whose on form, could take advantage of that.

So everybody, on a C note... Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur (3x) as the Spurs go marching in, Tottenham is the best team the world has ever seen (3x) and the Spurs go marching on....

Castrol
04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
So everybody, on a C note... Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur (3x) as the Spurs go marching in, Tottenham is the best team the world has ever seen (3x) and the Spurs go marching on....

hahaha... thats a song for the UK charts. :D

Castrol
05-03-2007, 09:29 AM
west ham 3 (noble, tevez, zamora)
mighty spurs 4 (defoe, tainio, berbatov, stalteri)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6527126_7_1.jpg
Carlos Tevez of West Ham scores his team's second goal from a free kick against Tottenham Hotspur. It was Tevez's first goal for the club.

oh... why did i switch off the tv during the break just to sleep 45mins earlier? why did i have so little faith?

tevez can really join spurs now, spurs broke the duck for him. :D

qbdp
05-03-2007, 09:47 AM
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2007-03-05/38POMG6G00D80005.jpg

Another 4 goals.....another win. Spurs really hot at the moment!

Brilliant fightback from your team. With the score at 2-0 at half time and the 'hammering' the Spurs' players were getting, I thought Spurs gonna get 'hammered' without Keano.

Same here lar bro, I also made a big mistake by falling asleep after setting the tv timer.

Cant wait to watch your team against Chelsea this weekend.

Castrol
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Same here lar bro, I also made a big mistake by falling asleep after setting the tv timer.

Cant wait to watch your team against Chelsea this weekend.

haha i smoked a cigarette during half time to freshen up a bit but then the commercials did me in la. i'll be catching the 2nd half repeat telecast with titbits and beer for sure.

hey chelsea! get ready for weekend blues. :D

no_faith
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
we shall see:D

Castrol
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
oh oh... :D

putrawk
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
What a match...what a match! Like most of you, I almost gave up at half time. But I kept faith. I somehow knew the boys will bounce back and wow, they sure did! The first half was a clueless performance, especially by Ghaly, who once again proved that I was right...he is so inconsistant. I would rather play Hudds alongside Jenas in the 1st half with Tainio on the left and Lennon to his normal RMF position. But Jol reschuffled the team a bit and it worked wonders.

I was sceptical about the introduction of Paul Stalteri as both Chimbo and him are both RB. Chimbo was pushed up, and I guess it wasnt a good idea. But Jol noticed it, brought on Taarabt, which impressed me with his 6 or so minutes contribution. I think he is skillfull, not in the Zidane way, more like Riberry. Sharp on the passes and moved the ball pretty well. So bro Lungless, I dun think we need Riberry after all. We have this 17 year old Frenchman who could do wonders!

I was a gutsy performance, and again I appalud BErbatov who is so hardworking. Defoe didnt perform badly either but Ive seen better performances from him. Others who did rather well last nite was Chimbo, Lee YP, Tainio, Lennon (alongside Tevez for MOTM) and Hudds when he came on. So bring on Braga then Cheski. We have collected 6 pts from 2 away matches plus 1 FA Cup away win. So I guess I will be looking for an Away win at Stamford Bridge...but wait, we;re talking about Chelsea here. The "Mighty" Chelski. So I reckon, a draw would be good and a win in the replay. Up the Spurs....

qbdp
06-03-2007, 10:06 AM
So bring on Braga then Cheski. We have collected 6 pts from 2 away matches plus 1 FA Cup away win. So I guess I will be looking for an Away win at Stamford Bridge...but wait, we;re talking about Chelsea here. The "Mighty" Chelski. So I reckon, a draw would be good and a win in the replay. Up the Spurs....

The self-proclaimed Special One will try to win the Quadruple and create history. Rumours are Chelsea are parting company with him at the end of the season.

Hope Spurs get a result against Braga on Thurs and go to Stamford Bridge with confidence. :)

lungless
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
What a match...what a match! Like most of you, I almost gave up at half time. But I kept faith. I somehow knew the boys will bounce back and wow, they sure did! The first half was a clueless performance, especially by Ghaly, who once again proved that I was right...he is so inconsistant. I would rather play Hudds alongside Jenas in the 1st half with Tainio on the left and Lennon to his normal RMF position. But Jol reschuffled the team a bit and it worked wonders.

I was sceptical about the introduction of Paul Stalteri as both Chimbo and him are both RB. Chimbo was pushed up, and I guess it wasnt a good idea. But Jol noticed it, brought on Taarabt, which impressed me with his 6 or so minutes contribution. I think he is skillfull, not in the Zidane way, more like Riberry. Sharp on the passes and moved the ball pretty well. So bro Lungless, I dun think we need Riberry after all. We have this 17 year old Frenchman who could do wonders!

I was a gutsy performance, and again I appalud BErbatov who is so hardworking. Defoe didnt perform badly either but Ive seen better performances from him. Others who did rather well last nite was Chimbo, Lee YP, Tainio, Lennon (alongside Tevez for MOTM) and Hudds when he came on. So bring on Braga then Cheski. We have collected 6 pts from 2 away matches plus 1 FA Cup away win. So I guess I will be looking for an Away win at Stamford Bridge...but wait, we;re talking about Chelsea here. The "Mighty" Chelski. So I reckon, a draw would be good and a win in the replay. Up the Spurs....

I am lucky to stay put thruout the match:D . It was darn good...the best match in EPL as touted by many!!! Ya, im disappointed with Ghaly this time round, so am i with Jenas. Luckily this time Jol do a substitution early. And it did wonders! I am really happy that Tainio is back to his best....he is a great midfielder who does all the dirty work quietly.

Taarabt, looks very impressive. I hope the loan will be permanent. I think he will be something like Zidane not Ribery....he showed flashes of that!! That few minutes or so, already makes me think that he is good!!

How about Tevez? he was a torn in Spurs side all the way...he will be a really good addition to Spurs next season actually.

Hope Spurs will play well against Braga and Chelsea. I also hope that these 4 wims will not swell Spurs Supporter. Remember that humility has always been a Spurs Forte;) Cheers!!!

Castrol
07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
The self-proclaimed Special One will try to win the Quadruple and create history. Rumours are Chelsea are parting company with him at the end of the season.

if that is so, end of this season there's gonna be plenty of $ splashing around. whichever club jose joins, he may bring along his favourite players with him. :D

Castrol
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
I am really happy that Tainio is back to his best....he is a great midfielder who does all the dirty work quietly.

Taarabt, looks very impressive. I hope the loan will be permanent. I think he will be something like Zidane not Ribery....he showed flashes of that!! That few minutes or so, already makes me think that he is good!!

yes tainio is improving game after game. he looks see woon see woon but is very good with winning the balls or destroying play.

that was the first match i saw taarabt play. west ham players had to target him for a fall whenever he gets possession. superb. :D

qbdp
08-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Article from The Sun

Spurs nothing to Brag about
From PAT SHEEHAN in Braga
March 08, 2007

JOSE MOURINHO says Tottenham are not a great side and their UEFA Cup dream will end in tears here.

The Chelsea boss, who takes on Spurs in Sunday’s FA Cup quarter-final, reckons the Portuguese minnows can upset the odds tonight.

And then his Blues will make it a double dose of cup misery at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho’s best pal, Eladio Parames, runs Braga while the coach is former Charlton defender Jorge Costa who played under the ‘Special One’ at Porto.

The Chelsea chief said: “Tottenham are a good team but not a great team.

“Braga have to get a good result at home and they can do that by being well organised.

“As for the FA Cup, it is the only English competition I have not won so I would like to do it this season.”

Braga are nicknamed The Arsenalists — reminding Martin Jol’s men of their fierce North London rivals. They also play in red.

Mourinho is hoping he can sneak into White Hart Lane for the second leg next Wednesday.

He said: “When Portugal played Brazil at the Emirates, I was there in a corner, hidden. If it’s possible, I’ll be at White Hart Lane.”

LIKELY LINE-UPS — SPURS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Dawson, Gardner, Lee, Ghaly, Zokora, Tainio, Lennon, Berbatov, Keane.
BRAGA: Santos, Felipe, Jorge, Rodriguez, Fernandes, Diego, Vandinho, Andrade, Chaves, Wender, Ze Carlos.

no_faith
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
haiz...first spurs is one of the reason of the 6 pts gap and braga is a portugal club. as a portugese, he sure say tis loh

btw...wat will be the outcome in the FA cup clash???

spurs, prepared for backlash
:D

peace

bonkers69
08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
pride of london ??? wu sa la bo...can't remember when they win cup leh.
Anyway their striker Dimitar Berbatov is good.:)

Castrol
09-03-2007, 08:58 AM
pride of london ??? wu sa la bo...can't remember when they win cup leh.
Anyway their striker Dimitar Berbatov is good.:)

wu lah wu lah, they won the sammyboy bonkers cup last season lah.

Castrol
09-03-2007, 09:11 AM
braga 2 spurs 3

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/images/PH2/Keane412E.jpg
Robbie Keane: Tottenham's two-goal hero in the UEFA Cup win.

robbie keane rocks europe! :D

qbdp
09-03-2007, 01:44 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/b5/fullj.getty-fbl-eur-c3-braga-tottenham_6_09_40_pm.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.getty-fbl-eur-c3-braga-tottenham_7_04_43_pm.jpg

Cant wait for this Fucking Sunday!!

Keano has a new fan. No, not from the Russian part of London. But from the region of Pakistan!!! Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikbMp_iRy0)

Castrol
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Keano has a new fan. No, not from the Russian part of London. But from the region of Pakistan!!! Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikbMp_iRy0)

haha thats his only "politically correct" video... :D

BatistaSG
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Keane rocks

no_faith
11-03-2007, 12:42 PM
ok, u spurs have robinson and robbo on injured list. hope itz real.
hope we can make gd use of this situation.:D

PrimeOmega
11-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes.
Robinson and Robbo in injured lists.
But we never will know.

Seems a tricky match.

lungless
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
FA CUP QUARTER FINAL
Chelsea 3 Spurs 3

What a game!! lots of heart stopping moment.....but the football can improve. Too many silly mistakes in the Spurs defence - Im not going into what the opponent did:) Still Spurs had a chance to take it away after Chelsea levelled it at 3-3. But that how it goes, if you dun take your chance you will never win. Hope we get back at lease Keane for the replay and hope Berbatov groin injury not that serious too....

I like what Jol did by responding to Mourinho claim that Spurs is not a great team.....Jol said something along this line....Spurs is not a great team, Chelsea is a great team....a humble person who forever cushion pressure on his players. I think Spurs supporters must be as humble as him:)

qbdp
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
ok, u spurs have robinson and robbo on injured list. hope itz real.
hope we can make gd use of this situation.:D

Chelsea fought back to 3-3 from 2 goals down at half time in a FA Cup 6th rd tie, without Terry, seemed sensational like the papers put it.

I wonder if Spurs had the 2 days of extra rest like Chelsea and had Robinson and Keano match fit would they have pulled it off at Stamford Bridge. Not forgetting Spurs have their club captain, King, out injured as well.

Mourinho AGAIN accused the ref of bad decisions. Maybe Sir Alex is right, a little bit only lah. :D

yinyang
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Amazing, heart stopping action end to end (saw only last 20mins after making out with FL). Was grinning ear to ear (not from FL bit) and hoping against hope that spurs held out to 2-3 till closing minutes *haiz*. Aisay, that jenas cross bar was CLOSE.. Consolation is replay at white hart lane to spur on spurs. :D
Bros Castrol, perhaps we can split a cold beer then?:p

Castrol
12-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Amazing, heart stopping action end to end (saw only last 20mins after making out with FL). Was grinning ear to ear (not from FL bit) and hoping against hope that spurs held out to 2-3 till closing minutes *haiz*. Aisay, that jenas cross bar was CLOSE.. Consolation is replay at white hart lane to spur on spurs.
Bros Castrol, perhaps we can split a cold beer then?:p

bro at least you got a FL, i got nothing to hold on to as the game keeps me on the edge of my seat. the cross bar hit in the dying mins was by defoe actually.

i started watching at half time when ian rush was describing the 1st half. 1-3 the score, unbelievable!

well still, that was chelsea. spurs brought in gardner as a 5th defender at 2-3 but it was not enough.

ok lets split a cold beer on a hot day for now, spurs will finish off chelsea in white hart lane and free flow of ice cold beer will be on me. :D

Castrol
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Chelsea fought back to 3-3 from 2 goals down at half time in a FA Cup 6th rd tie, without Terry, seemed sensational like the papers put it.

so bro it is replay for spurs and man utd, home turf advantage! spurs vs man utd FA cup final is still on. :D

Castrol
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
What a game!! lots of heart stopping moment.....but the football can improve. Too many silly mistakes in the Spurs defence

spurs defence was like garlang garbo in the 2nd half. and i am not sure why dawson was the captain of the day, but come to think of it, there really wasnt any senior player on the pitch for spurs.

_AXL_
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
spurs defence was like garlang garbo in the 2nd half. and i am not sure why dawson was the captain of the day, but come to think of it, there really wasnt any senior player on the pitch for spurs.

bro, can ask jol to do something about the defence or not? u guys have the most lethal attack in the premiership (at least on paper), but the defence was shambolic!!! was hoping for an upset right in the lion's den... haiz...

i m back, still wanna go drinking???;)

Castrol
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
bro, can ask jol to do something about the defence or not? u guys have the most lethal attack in the premiership (at least on paper), but the defence was shambolic!!! was hoping for an upset right in the lion's den... haiz...

i m back, still wanna go drinking???;)

hello bro, you're back! where have you been? last i heard you were in vietnam with some girls... so you bring back any panties for us?

spurs' defence has always been as legendary as their attacks but the defence is for the wrong reasons though. jol asked me to psycho lucio to join next season. i may need to buy rummenigge a drink first. when are we drinking bro?

_AXL_
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
hello bro, you're back! where have you been? last i heard you were in vietnam with some girls... so you bring back any panties for us?

spurs' defence has always been as legendary as their attacks but the defence is for the wrong reasons though. jol asked me to psycho lucio to join next season. i may need to buy rummenigge a drink first. when are we drinking bro?

working lah... vietnam only stopover. didnt really have time to go out. then worst thing happened! posted to US and just came back. fl market there are in the pits!!! :mad: came back and found that wife-to-be up to no good. but no time to do anything about it cos now preparing for my reports. will try to jio u by the end of the week... u ok with drinks and some action???;)

and very smart hor, brazil also legendary in producing good defenders. buy brazilian defender somemore... might as well buy me that drink and i convince lim tong hai (contract must have scoring own goal bonus) and aide iskandar (contract must have getting red card bonus) to join spurs. then confirm make the news with the famous ALL NEW 4 queens defence again...

no_faith
12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
spurs defence was like garlang garbo in the 2nd half

we matched tat in the 1st half.:(

qbdp
12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
so bro it is replay for spurs and man utd, home turf advantage! spurs vs man utd FA cup final is still on. :D

Yes, the FA cup final date is still on but the chances of Utd making it is diminishing like its no. of fit players. :(

Castrol
12-03-2007, 01:27 PM
and very smart hor, brazil also legendary in producing good defenders. buy brazilian defender somemore... might as well buy me that drink and i convince lim tong hai (contract must have scoring own goal bonus) and aide iskandar (contract must have getting red card bonus) to join spurs. then confirm make the news with the famous ALL NEW 4 queens defence again...

bro take it easy with your wife-to-be, just a few whips here and there will do. :p

lim tong hai and iskander! lidat next season spurs team better join s-league, sure top table!

putrawk
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Fantastic match, we would probably have been happy with a draw before the game but the way things went I and all Spurs fans are gutted. That would have been such a great win at Chelski. With Terry back for the replay they will be more organised at the back. I dont know what everybody else feels but I thought taking Berbatov off was a big mistake. He is pure quality and causing so many problems for Chelski,he is also a great hold up player and natural outlet when we are under pressure. By taking him off it just invited pressure on ourselves and as a result we gave up a great position. Saying all that it was a great performance and how much better things look now than a month or so ago. Well done you Spurs you made us proud of you today.

_AXL_
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
bro take it easy with your wife-to-be, just a few whips here and there will do.

lim tong hai and iskander! lidat next season spurs team better join s-league, sure top table!

with aide in defence, i doubt it. he would make a last ditch tackle, fail, give away a penalty and fatally injuring robinson in the process. while arguing about the red card with the ref, he tried to headbutt the ref, missed and knocked zakora out cold. keane comes over to tell him to get off the field but he doesnt understand a word of england and blames it on the schlang... all this after jol has made all his substitions! how to win??? just kidding... great to see the spurs attack firing on all cylinders and that keane goal from an acute angle, splendid!!! (u know which one or not, spurs fan?) epitomises so much confidence in himself. just need to get good defenders in, then maybe can push man u to 5th spot next season. ;)

by the way, the whip idea is good. but use it on the guy or my wife-to-be, soon to be ex???:confused: whip with glass shards better idea or not?

lungless
13-03-2007, 09:18 AM

I think taking out zokora has got to do with it. Tainio and Zokora has provide lots of bite to the midfield. So when he is gone, Chelsea have more time to plan the attack from midfield. Having an extra central defender in the final minutes did not help this time. I think Dawson is a natural leader but i think he is burdened by that appointment as can see that he 'wanted' to score a few on goals!! hehe...but he will be a good leader for them in the long run. I hope that Keane will come back for the replay and i hope that Berbatov groin problem is not serious...i truly believe that these 2 got better partnership than Defoe with Berbatov at this moment.

lungless
13-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Fantastic match, we would probably have been happy with a draw before the game but the way things went I and all Spurs fans are gutted. That would have been such a great win at Chelski. With Terry back for the replay they will be more organised at the back. I dont know what everybody else feels but I thought taking Berbatov off was a big mistake. He is pure quality and causing so many problems for Chelski,he is also a great hold up player and natural outlet when we are under pressure. By taking him off it just invited pressure on ourselves and as a result we gave up a great position. Saying all that it was a great performance and how much better things look now than a month or so ago. Well done you Spurs you made us proud of you today.

Bro, if im no wrong, Berbatov was taken out as a precaution for a groin strain that he has during the match...so it is better that he has some rest....Spurs need him for the rest of the season...

Castrol
13-03-2007, 09:32 AM
keane comes over to tell him to get off the field but he doesnt understand a word of england and blames it on the schlang...

maybe robbie should talk in a sexier way which did the trick before.

http://www.funnyoldgame.net/images/oh%20robbie.jpg

oh about the whip on the guy, you may need to consider as he may take a liking to you after that. :D

_AXL_
13-03-2007, 10:02 AM
oh about the whip on the guy, you may need to consider as he may take a liking to you after that. :D

hahaha, agreed. she confessed last nite, so i got by tonite to decide whether to continue or not. no mood to work now, although f**king busy.

read some of the previous post, found that u wanted me to get a jersey for u. how about going and get it yourself? flying to london in may for work, join me if u want to as hotel accomodation (separate bed lah), dinner and some entertainment all ah gong pay, maybe u can manage to catch a game or two. i might even be able to get some tix from my colleagues there but most likely for gunners, u want???:D

Castrol
13-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Having an extra central defender in the final minutes did not help this time.

it is always a screw up whenever the manager puts in an extra defender and ended up losing the lead. anyway as putrawk put it, we would have been pleased with a draw before the start of the match.

i watched the highlights and it seems all the goals in that game are quite lucky goals if i may say so, except the kalou volley. even ghaly's one-on-one goal was made possible by 3 chelsea players who were expecting each other to go for the challenge. :D

Castrol
13-03-2007, 11:25 AM
flying to london in may for work, join me if u want to as hotel accomodation (separate bed lah), dinner and some entertainment all ah gong pay, maybe u can manage to catch a game or two. i might even be able to get some tix from my colleagues there but most likely for gunners, u want???:D

wow bro, what do you do for a living? USA, london... where's next? milan? madrid?

thanks for the offer man, if i'm a girl i will surely go with you haha. actually i am saving up money to bring my kid to white hart lane in a few years time. wait till he's older i'll say, becos to him right now, batman and the power rangers can kick more ass than edgar davids. :D

Shiokday
13-03-2007, 12:58 PM
actually i am saving up money to bring my kid to white hart lane in a few years time.

E CUP
End of Tournament: 19/05/2007 ^

CHELSEA 3.00
BLACKBURN 5.50
MANCHESTER UTD 2.30
MIDDLESBROUGH 25.00
TOTTENHAM 6.00
WTFRD 20.00

put all ur savings on spurs to win....:D

Castrol
13-03-2007, 02:12 PM
TOTTENHAM 6.00

put all ur savings on spurs to win....:D

thanks for the heads up bro. 100 can win 600, so 1000 win 6000. hosay liao lah! :D

putrawk
13-03-2007, 02:25 PM
actually i am saving up money to bring my kid to white hart lane in a few years time. wait till he's older i'll say, becos to him right now, batman and the power rangers can kick more ass than edgar davids. :D

I plan to do that for my kid as well. Right now he is 16 months old, so I guess he is a bit to young to understand footy, let alone power rangers and batman! But he sleeps with one lullaby though...Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur...hehe.

The last time I went to the Lane was pre season last year, when we played Porto in a friendly. It was Edgar's introduction to the White Hartcores ( thats what I call ourselves, the hardcore Spurs supporters)...It was big, and that time I was with the missus who is 6 months pregnant, so I guess I did bring my kid to lane after all...lol. But taxi fare was sky high man. I was staying in my brother inlaw's apartment in Stanhope Graden, which is at Gloucester Rd Station and near South Kensington. Getting to WHL costs us GBP31! What whopper! We took the train to go back which is much cheaper..;)

_AXL_
13-03-2007, 02:40 PM
wow bro, what do you do for a living? USA, london... where's next? milan? madrid?

thanks for the offer man, if i'm a girl i will surely go with you haha. actually i am saving up money to bring my kid to white hart lane in a few years time. wait till he's older i'll say, becos to him right now, batman and the power rangers can kick more ass than edgar davids.

ass(et) management lor. also wish for milan, madrid or barcelona but nearest i ever got is london. not fun when u r going there alone...

but thanks for the good idea about bringing a girl along. just decided that i m single again.:p good luck in the FA Cup. how long has spurs not beaten manure? last time i remembered was stephen carr scoring a spectacular 3rd goal. :cool:

Shiokday
13-03-2007, 03:43 PM
100 can win 600, so 1000 win 6000. hosay liao lah! :D

and dun u go splurge all ur winnings on some syt with a D cups hor...:D

_AXL_
13-03-2007, 03:56 PM
thanks for the heads up bro. 100 can win 600, so 1000 win 6000. hosay liao lah! :D

ya lor, like that how to go white hart lane with yr son? by bicycle ah?:rolleyes:

Castrol
13-03-2007, 03:56 PM
how long has spurs not beaten manure?

good question. i only remember a 4-1 victory in white hart lane donkey years ago when sheringham and armstrong scored. :D

ya lor, like that how to go white hart lane with yr son? by bicycle ah?:rolleyes:

maybe i make a raft and use my spurs jersey as a sail hahaha...

Castrol
13-03-2007, 03:59 PM
and dun u go splurge all ur winnings on some syt with a D cups hor...:D

worth it if she's a ipoh D cupper syt. :p

Shiokday
13-03-2007, 04:18 PM

if you said worth it...i will nvr doubt it...but how cum no intro her to me?:o

Shiokday
13-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Right now he is 16 months old, so I guess he is a bit to young to understand footy, let alone power rangers and batman! But he sleeps with one lullaby though...Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur...hehe.

hahaha...i can't help laughing bro...wait till i hve regained power to add u my 3 humble pts...:o

_AXL_
13-03-2007, 04:40 PM
good question. i only remember a 4-1 victory in white hart lane donkey years ago when sheringham and armstrong scored.

maybe i make a raft and use my spurs jersey as a sail hahaha...

the stephen carr 3rd goal, right side midfield from 35 yards should be more recent, think the score was 3-1. but think spurs kena the "cristiano trip air" curse, so no man u better lah... dont feel like seeing them win anything this season leh...:cool:

ride bicycle better lah. at least can have excuse to drop by ipoh mah... take raft later kena "tom hanks castaway" then siao liao... end up, i've got to take care of yr ipoh syt for u!:mad:

Castrol
13-03-2007, 04:52 PM

i still waiting for onion boy to intro lay, he told me he got 1 whole list of ipoh syt and all... :D

Castrol
13-03-2007, 04:57 PM
the stephen carr 3rd goal,

ride bicycle better lah. at least can have excuse to drop by ipoh mah... take raft later kena "tom hanks castaway" then siao liao... end up, i've got to take care of yr ipoh syt for u!:mad:

ahh... now i remember that carr long strike, was it against man utd? awesome!

its ok you take care of her, i will casteaway on an island full of blond bimbos. :D

Castrol
13-03-2007, 05:02 PM
The last time I went to the Lane was pre season last year, when we played Porto in a friendly. It was Edgar's introduction to the White Hartcores ( thats what I call ourselves, the hardcore Spurs supporters)...

jol should have made davids stay another season. he is playing so well for ajax now, he aint a day older from his juve days.

yinyang
13-03-2007, 05:06 PM
..davids stay another season. he is playing so well for ajax now, he aint a day older from his juve days.
Can you say same for his eyesight? Perhaps been squinting too long at italia fast women:p

_AXL_
13-03-2007, 05:16 PM
ahh... now i remember that carr long strike, was it against man utd? awesome!

its ok you take care of her, i will casteaway on an island full of blond bimbos. :D

penthouse island hah??? do send me a postcard... dont think yr laptop can work after drinking all the seawater, and those dumb blondes arent going to be much help.

cheers. going home to share the good news with my family liao...;)

Castrol
14-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Can you say same for his eyesight? Perhaps been squinting too long at italia fast women:p

haha yeah maybe italia women juice overflow too much, so thats why he wore goggles. :D

putrawk
14-03-2007, 05:30 PM
hahaha...i can't help laughing bro...wait till i hve regained power to add u my 3 humble pts...:o

Thanx man. I'll be waiting. Yeehaw!

how long has spurs not beaten manure? last time i remembered was stephen carr scoring a spectacular 3rd goal. :cool:

Well....how bout that "win" when Pedro Mendes scored and Roy Caroll made a fabulous "save"? That should be considered too...lol

_AXL_
14-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Well....how bout that "win" when Pedro Mendes scored and Roy Caroll made a fabulous "save"? That should be considered too...lol

yup, in yr dreams bro!!!:D actually in mine too.

n spurs beat west ham and made the champs league at arsenal's expense right? :rolleyes:

just kidding hor...

lungless
15-03-2007, 09:27 AM
UEFA CUP
SPURS 3 BRAGA 2 (AGG SPURS 6 BRAGA 4)

Berbatov grabbed a brace in the game.....looks like his Groin injury is not that serious, also Keane played most part of the game. Hope to see both playing int the FA Replay coming monday!!!:)

Castrol
15-03-2007, 09:48 AM

was that a goal? the goal line wont lie right? :D

http://www.funnyoldgame.net/images/carrolls%20goal%20line.jpg

UEFA CUP
SPURS 3 BRAGA 2 (AGG SPURS 6 BRAGA 4)

bye bye braga!

qbdp
15-03-2007, 02:44 PM
was that a goal? the goal line wont lie right?

http://www.funnyoldgame.net/images/carrolls%20goal%20line.jpg

Ya, since then all away keepers were forced by their bosses to ensure both goal lines are straight. No dodgy work by Old Trafford groundsmen.

Castrol
15-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Ya, since then all away keepers were forced by their bosses to ensure both goal lines are straight. No dodgy work by Old Trafford groundsmen.

after that match, the old trafford groundsmen handed roy carroll the (same) ball and carroll showed the reporters there was still goal-line white paint on it. :D

_AXL_
15-03-2007, 05:29 PM
after that match, the old trafford groundsmen handed roy carroll the (same) ball and carroll showed the reporters there was still goal-line white paint on it. :D

u the man lah!!! but cannot blame anyone lah, just the limitations of the human being and coupled by bad luck. if i dont remember wrongly, i was a hard shot but not exactly difficult to save right? but carroll spilled it... correct me if i m wrong. but why spurs sold mendes, that i would like to know.

qbdp
15-03-2007, 05:47 PM

You forgot to mention the reporters were invited to view the ball-mark on the goal-line after the press conference!!! :D

Castrol
16-03-2007, 10:03 AM
u the man lah!!! but cannot blame anyone lah, just the limitations of the human being and coupled by bad luck. if i dont remember wrongly, i was a hard shot but not exactly difficult to save right? but carroll spilled it... correct me if i m wrong. but why spurs sold mendes, that i would like to know.

alex had good reasons to ship out carroll after that, but i'm not sure what reasons jol had to release mendes though. :D

You forgot to mention the reporters were invited to view the ball-mark on the goal-line after the press conference!!!

oh yes bro, they also saw a glove mark beyond the goal line. :D

qbdp
17-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Bro if your team wants to win the UEFA cup then they have to knock out Seville, the holders, in the quarter-final first right? ;)

Just watched BBC's football focus and there was a segment on Spurs appointing a skills coach, Ricardo Moniz, for the kids. Damn the future for Spurs looks good. These small and young kids can do step-overs running with the ball ala C.Ronaldo. ooops..maybe Alessandro Mancini lah. :D

sinfulguy
17-03-2007, 08:09 PM
read in the papers that liverpool is lining up a swap deal with peter crouch for Berbetov....if Martin Jol sells Berbetov...he will be hanged by the spurs fans

_AXL_
17-03-2007, 08:34 PM
read in the papers that liverpool is lining up a swap deal with peter crouch for Berbetov....if Martin Jol sells Berbetov...he will be hanged by the spurs fans

liverpool would then get a good deal, but jol, dont think he is stupid...

Castrol
19-03-2007, 09:37 AM
spurs 3 (jenas, robinson!, ghaly)
watford 1 (henderson)

no live coverage but during post-match analysis, i saw robinson scored a goal from such distance even david beckham never attempted before. from his defending third! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6580684_7_1.jpg
Goalkeeper Paul Robinson of Tottenham talks to goalkeeper Ben Foster of Watford at the end of the match and Spurs' 3-1 victory against the Hornets. Both England internationals, Robinson scored an unlikely goal against his Watford rival during the match.

Castrol
19-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Bro if your team wants to win the UEFA cup then they have to knock out Seville, the holders, in the quarter-final first right?

Just watched BBC's football focus and there was a segment on Spurs appointing a skills coach, Ricardo Moniz, for the kids. Damn the future for Spurs looks good. These small and young kids can do step-overs running with the ball ala C.Ronaldo. ooops..maybe Alessandro Mancini lah.

yes bro, seville is very powerderful this season. not easy at all, just like spurs got to get past chelsea in the FA cup.

mark my words, those spurs kids are future beckhams, scholes, nevilles, gazzas... :D

liverpool would then get a good deal, but jol, dont think he is stupid...

jol surely wont want to sell berbetov, but players may not always be able to resist the calls of bigger clubs. :(

machoman
19-03-2007, 10:35 AM
watford 1 (henderson)
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6580684_7_1.jpg
Goalkeeper Paul Robinson of Tottenham talks to goalkeeper Ben Foster of Watford at the end of the match and Spurs' 3-1 victory against the Hornets. Both England internationals, Robinson scored an unlikely goal against his Watford rival during the match.

Bro, here's the clip of that fantastic goal from Robinson :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFmFnSPqGI

I hope that Spurs will win against Chelsea in the quarter-final 6th round replay of the FA Cup rematch tomorrow morning.

Can Robinson repeat his performance & score against Chelsea?

qbdp
19-03-2007, 11:05 AM
yes bro, seville is very powerderful this season. not easy at all, just like spurs got to get past chelsea in the FA cup.

mark my words, those spurs kids are future beckhams, scholes, nevilles, gazzas... :D

jol surely wont want to sell berbetov, but players may not always be able to resist the calls of bigger clubs. :(

Good luck in the replay. Majority of EPL fans would want to see a Spurs win.

What's up with these Bebatov rumours? Reports of him admitting to talks with Utd before joining Spurs and Fergie is interested in him again. Blue part of London paying the media to unnerve your team?

Castrol
19-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Bro, here's the clip of that fantastic goal from Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFmFnSPqGI

haha bro so fast got clip liao. thats something robbo will show his grandchildren. he doesnt have to score against chelsea like he did against watford, he just needs to watch out for those sheva shots and drogba headers! :D

Good luck in the replay. Majority of EPL fans would want to see a Spurs win.

What's up with these Bebatov rumours? Reports of him admitting to talks with Utd before joining Spurs and Fergie is interested in him again. Blue part of London paying the media to unnerve your team?

in white hart lane, to dare is to do! it will be chelsea's most difficult match this season!

yeah those rumours may unsettle the team, but if fergie takes berbetov, jol takes scholes and smith/heinze ok? :p

qbdp
19-03-2007, 12:44 PM
yeah those rumours may unsettle the team, but if fergie takes berbetov, jol takes scholes and smith/heinze ok?

If Berbatov comes to Old Trafford I am sure Sir Alex will not want Scholes or Smith in part of the deal. But I am sure he doesnt mind giving Heinze + cash, and for fucking good measure, he will throw Saha and Richardson into the deal. :D

Castrol
19-03-2007, 12:47 PM
If Berbatov comes to Old Trafford I am sure Sir Alex will not want Scholes or Smith in part of the deal. But I am sure he doesnt mind giving Heinze + cash, and for fucking good measure, he will throw Saha and Richardson into the deal. :D

richardson! good grief! how come saha is not playing these days? injury? :D

qbdp
19-03-2007, 12:50 PM
JOL ESPECIALLY ANNOYED WHEN JOSE CALLS HIMSELF 'SPECIAL ONE'

TOTTENHAM boss Martin Jol admitted he "hates" it when Jose Mourinho calls himself the Special One.

Jol is full of admiration for Mourinho but reckons it is impossible to compare the Chelsea boss to the job which Aidy Boothroyd has done at bottom-of-the-table Watford. Dutchman Jol, who faces Chelsea in tonight's FA Cup quarter-final replay, said: "I feel it's all about respect. I respect Aidy and I told him that even when you are the manager of a club like Watford you can do an even better job than (the manager of) the champions of England.

"How can you compare that and put it into perspective? It's impossible. I like Jose but I don't really know him well. He s special. Not when he says it himself - I hate that. But I can say that."

Jol will recall Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane tonight. Michael Essien is still struggling (knee) for Chelsea.

TONIGHT'S PROBABLE LINE-UPS

TOTTENHAM: Robinson, Chimbonda, Dawson, Rocha, Lee, Lennon, Huddlestone, Jenas, Malbranque, Berbatov, Keane.

CHELSEA: Cech, Diarra, Carvalho, Terry, Cole, Ballack, Makelele, Lampard, Shevchenko, Drogba, Robben.

qbdp
19-03-2007, 01:00 PM
how come saha is not playing these days? injury? :D

Injured lor....what else can he be up to? Actually I am glad he is injured and happy if he leaves or retires from injury. :D

yinyang
19-03-2007, 01:12 PM
...But I am sure he doesnt mind giving Heinze + cash, and for fucking good measure, he will throw Saha and Richardson into the deal.
...what else can he be up to? Actually I am glad he is injured and happy if he leaves or retires from injury.
True Saha fan club speaks.. freebie for Fletcher too?

Castrol, rest of us gunning for your spurs magic tomorrow morning arh.. Just for heck of it, sacrificed some beer money at pools @3.30 yesterday for spurs victory:p Double joy (live on hope!)

no_faith
19-03-2007, 03:00 PM
hope there is no mass brawl tonite:D

Castrol
19-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Castrol, rest of us gunning for your spurs magic tomorrow morning arh.. Just for heck of it, sacrificed some beer money at pools @3.30 yesterday for spurs victory:p Double joy (live on hope!)

bring on the tottenham class of 81 and 82!
beer on spore pools tomorrow!

http://www.scoredraw.com/shirts/images/Shirt_CardStacks/TOT01.jpg

_AXL_
19-03-2007, 05:55 PM
yes bro, seville is very powerderful this season..

seville and tottenham hotspurs UEFA quarter finals will pit 2 free-scoring teams against each other. a waste as this should be the finals as the 2 teams are testament to attractive attacking football. the 2 teams are loaded with attacking players and scorers. even both goalkeepers r scorers.:rolleyes:

machoman
19-03-2007, 05:58 PM
watford 1 (henderson)

no live coverage but during post-match analysis, i saw robinson scored a goal from such distance even david beckham never attempted before. from his defending third!

Bro, another clip showing all the 4 goals from the Spurs-Watford match, including that fantastic goal from Paul Robinson :) :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxK8WlOuMuU

yinyang
19-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Castrol, your beer now vintage liao....

onion_rings
20-03-2007, 08:54 AM

Well bro to support u so set my alarm clock at 4am to watch the match at channel 24 on & off(qte sleepy) till on the compt this morning & chk the score & realise beer on me better lar :D

qbdp
20-03-2007, 09:42 AM
hope there is no mass brawl tonite

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/g/p/2007-03-20/U2029P6T12D2812289F44DT20070320063323.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/g/p/2007-03-20/U2029P6T12D2812325F44DT20070320065101.jpg

Only Lampar kena attacked lah. Thankfully Chelsea minder, Drogba, was there again to the rescue.

sinfulguy
20-03-2007, 10:08 AM
spurs paid the price of not killing chelsea off in the first game at Stamford Bridge.....at 3-1 they hard 2-3 more clear chances to make it 4-1 or 5-1...but that was not to be....

Martin Jol must be regretting pulling out berbetov....

Castrol
20-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Castrol, your beer now vintage liao....

Well bro to support u so set my alarm clock at 4am to watch the match at channel 24 on & off(qte sleepy) till on the compt this morning & chk the score & realise beer on me better lar

show me where the sea of beer is bros, i'v got a lot of sorrows to drown. :(

spurs 1 (keane)
chelsea 2 (sheva, swp)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6587118_7_1.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham Hotspur holds his head in disappointment after missing a chance against Chelsea. In the end, the Blues moved on to the FA Cup semifinals with a 2-1 victory over Spurs at White Hart Lane.

machoman
20-03-2007, 11:25 AM
spurs 1 (keane)
chelsea 2 (sheva, swp)

In the end, the Blues moved on to the FA Cup semifinals with a 2-1 victory over Spurs at White Hart Lane.

It only goes to show that Petr Cech is much better than Ben Forster cos Paul Robinson did not score against the Blues. :D