PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

KangTuo
20-05-2013, 01:56 PM
mio can close shop:D bring on starhub.:D

watch online better... it's free :)
yesterday watched 3 matches at one go. liverpool vs qpr, newcastle vs arsenal and spurs vs sunderland :D

Xgenre
21-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Hopefully we can get this transfer window right. Man U, Man City and Chelsea are all undergoing management changes. It will take time for the new manager to impose a new playing style. If we can get a good start next year, a top 4 finish is within reach.

owen10
23-05-2013, 12:39 AM
ok this is old news but post for the benefit of bros who were too busy to surf the net ...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1455596/liverpool-close-kolo-toure-signing?cc=4716

altho Kolo comes on a FT, dun u guys think at 32 he's a tad too old for a defender?

think he also did not have much playing time for City this season, and his wages probly wont come cheap too!

bochapsing
23-05-2013, 01:33 AM
ok this is old news but post for the benefit of bros who were too busy to surf the net ...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1455596/liverpool-close-kolo-toure-signing?cc=4716

altho Kolo comes on a FT, dun u guys think at 32 he's a tad too old for a defender?

think he also did not have much playing time for City this season, and his wages probly wont come cheap too!

32 is not really too old for a defender, should have 2-3 years left in him, but as u mentioned, his wages will be high..

if the rumour is true, i guess BR is hoping that he can bring some experience to our backline and act as a stop gap before our young defenders mature and play into the 1st XI...

but then he is not exactly a good example for our young defenders to learn from...

:p:p:p

Dirk Kuyt
23-05-2013, 02:07 AM

Beggars can't be choosers considering the limited budget Brendan has for transfers. The 15m expected from the sale of Andy Carroll to West Ham is in doubt too as Andy is holding out for a bid by Newcastle.

TitoVito
23-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Beggars can't be choosers considering the limited budget Brendan has for transfers. The 15m expected from the sale of Andy Carroll to West Ham is in doubt too as Andy is holding out for a bid by Newcastle.

Only 15m? That's a huge loss for Liverpool...... wonder why did they pay 35m for him in the 1st instance?

Dwyane
24-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Yo~ just found out there is a Liverpool thread here, straight away open account hence first post is here:D but realizes that my favorite Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard name has been taken.:rolleyes: Anyway has been a true RED Liverpool fans for 12 long years and counting..... and hopefully they get their transfers right like in January this coming transfer window. YNWA~

jootjoot
25-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Carra contributed with his heart and soul with his years playing in Liverpool... a great player in his younger years... Thank you Carra.... (one thing i still not able to get it right about him... that is when he speaks... hahaha.... he speaks fast and with the ireland accent.....)

francined69
25-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Europa League winner to have a spot in Champion's League? that is a no brainer decision, otherwise no team will ever take the Europa League seriously.

Pool have a good base squad to challenge for next year. With the many changes other top teams are facing (Moyes in SAR out, Chelsea new manager, Mancini out) there's no excuse not to make the top 3.

HonkyTonkyMan
25-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Carra contributed with his heart and soul with his years playing in Liverpool... a great player in his younger years... Thank you Carra.... (one thing i still not able to get it right about him... that is when he speaks... hahaha.... he speaks fast and with the ireland accent.....)

I think they termed it as Cockney their own local slang like our Singlish...our gov seems so ashamed of our own local slang but yet for them they embrace their own uniquiness in their own way of speaking the English language..

Dirk Kuyt
25-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I think they termed it as Cockney their own local slang like our Singlish...our gov seems so ashamed of our own local slang but yet for them they embrace their own uniquiness in their own way of speaking the English language..

It's Scouse....... unique to Liverpudians. :)

Cockney is the lingo of the Londoners...... not those up in north England.

owen10
25-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Pool have a good base squad to challenge for next year. With the many changes other top teams are facing (Moyes in SAR out, Chelsea new manager, Mancini out) there's no excuse not to make the top 3.

U r really optimistic bro! :D

francined69
25-05-2013, 02:18 PM
After 2 seasons of below par performances the only way is up!

Dwyane
25-05-2013, 04:50 PM
and carra is going to become a pundits with sky-sports next season, looks like he is going to improve the viewers their listening skills as well:D

anyway, those tackles he put in especially during champion leagues final 2005 is still fresh in my mind. we also have rafa to thank for converting him to CB where he really flourished into one of the finest CB in the world.

pomrakthai
25-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Yes, you are absolutely correct and till now, Carra's dialect sounds like a foreign language to me :rolleyes:

HonkyTonkyMan
25-05-2013, 07:12 PM

haha so its like hokkien in london and teochew in Liverpool?

Dirk Kuyt
26-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes, you are absolutely correct and till now, Carra's dialect sounds like a foreign language to me :rolleyes:

Some English folks consider Scouse as a foreign language as its roots are Gaelic :D

pomrakthai
26-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Bro Kuyt...congrats you have floated above moderation :D

Dwyane
26-05-2013, 05:15 PM
these are all the players that has been linked with us recently

Kolo toure(Man City CB) Age 32
Christian Atsu(Porto LW) Age 21
Christian Eriksen(Ajax CAM) Age 21
Ashley Williams(swansea CB) Age 28 turning 29 when start of the league
Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke 04 CB) Age 21
Diego Capel (Sporting Lisbon LW/RW) Age 25
Darren Bent (Aston Villa CF) Age 29
Asmir Begovic (Stoke City GK) Age 25
Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur LB) Age 22 turning 23
Alex Pearce (Reading CB) Age 24
Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo CF) Age 25 turning 26 when start of the league
Kurt Zouma (Saint-Etienne CB) Age 18
Aurelien Chedjou (Lille CB) Age 27
Dieumerci Mbokani (Anderlecht CF) Age 27
Heung-Min Son (Hamburg CF) Age 20 turning 21
Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover GK)Age 24

personally would love to see eriksen, Papadopoulos and atsu sign with us.
Papadopoulos does remind me of carragher playing style in some ways:cool:

The Milk Man
26-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Liverpool likely to lose Suarez during summer transfer window.

Skrtel wants out from Liverpool after falling out with Brendan Rodgers.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
26-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Liverpool likely to lose Suarez during summer transfer window.

Skrtel wants out from Liverpool after falling out with Brendan Rodgers.

No man is bigger than Liverpool itself...BUT..with the resources we have now, he is bigger than any players :(

The Milk Man
26-05-2013, 09:52 PM
No man is bigger than Liverpool itself...BUT..with the resources we have now, he is bigger than any players :(

I just dun understand how a player voted Liverpool's Most Valuable Defender of the Year last season could become a "complete idiot" this season as described by Brendan Rodgers. :confused:

Something really bad must have happened between them for BR to change his view of Skrtel so drastically overnight.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
26-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Still really don't think BR have the calibre of a top 4 club..but saying that again, we only have moola for him I guess.DA and MS to me are one of the best pairing till JC came along during the last few matches due to his retirement.

We shall see how the fans patience eventually died of

PiChiChi
27-05-2013, 09:53 PM
DA and MS to me are one of the best pairing till JC came along during the last few matches due to his retirement.

DA & MS were solid last season..... but during the 1st half of this season Liverpool lost many points because of mistakes made by Skrtel.
Games we should have won turned into draws.... and draws into defeats.
So I think that was the reason BR replaced him with JC.

MahLaiZhu
28-05-2013, 02:50 PM
come next season, Liverpool will likely be mid-table again if you look at today Newpaper report stating their transfer targets.

Imagine player like Danny Rose, Alex Pearce, Aurelian, Kolo Toure, Darren Bent and Diego Chapel. Beside unknown quality and unwanted players by other clubs, what else these names stand for?

Good luck to Liverpool if they can stay mid-table next season.

rodent spines
29-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Still really don't think BR have the calibre of a top 4 club.

can't agreed more

francined69
29-05-2013, 08:18 PM
if Pool is serious about winning the EPL title then the owners need to splash out cash for Jose Mourihno.

sex crusader
29-05-2013, 09:48 PM
What about JM? Was he linked o pool? Nah...don't think he is interested ! Top 4 next season ? We can only dream under this manager.

Xgenre
29-05-2013, 10:23 PM
1st half of this season Liverpool lost many points because of mistakes made by Skrtel.

MS isn't as comfortable dribbing the ball as DA. MS is very good at clearing the ball. We can't blame MS for not being the dribbler that DA is. 1st half of the season, many players aren't familiar with how BR wants the team to play too. Even Reina prefers playing the long ball direct to strikers. Think of how many goals Torres scores when Reina pumps the ball directly to Torres. Don't think Reina is allowed to do that now.

BR's job is safe because the owners promised him time. We then messed up our Aug transfer and ended with 1 striker for half the season. Many games ended with draws because we only had 1 fit striker and the team is adjusting to BR's tactics. BR's job also saved by the success of the Jan transfer window recruits. I think the last factor that saved BR is our goal difference of 28. It's the 5th best in the premier league and we played half a season with 1 fit striker.

It's interesting how well Rafa has done at Chelsea. Considering how the owners chose not to interview Rafa despite many fans asking for him, considering how warmly welcome Rafa was when he came back to Anfield, would the owners be regretting choosing a newbie like BR over a pair of safe hands in Rafa? If Rafa is poor in buying players, BR brought Assaidi, Borini, Allen and played Sahin out of position.

BrendanRodgers
29-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Seems like I am public enemy number 1 to many fans here.
Judge me again in 2 years time :rolleyes:

sex crusader
29-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Ya...don't really see Alan created any impact in midfield. Another flop in my opinion. Who bloody care about beautiful football. The impt thing is the 3 pts and title.

sex crusader
29-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Ya...I am not your fan since day one u joined. Yr tactics sux. U still got two years ah..next season no top 4 I guarantee your head will roll.

JRthe6
30-05-2013, 12:01 AM
What do you guys think about the signing of Kolo Toure?

Ninja_Assassin
30-05-2013, 03:42 AM

Look on the bright side... Kolo can be deemed as a "lucky star" even though he may be clumsy and has slowed down considerably. All the clubs that he has been to has won their League title when he joined them. Hopefully this trend continues with Liverpool too. :D

Not bad track record for a striker / left winger originally and converted into a defender..... a natural leader with an aggressive playing style ..... I think he would be a capable replacement for JC.:)

Ninja_Assassin
30-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Not me.... I dun hate you..... I have faith in you. :D
Deliver the title within the next 2 years.. :p

pomrakthai
30-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Suarez had dropped the biggest hint that he would be leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid :o no thanks to the English press media :mad:

"In an interview with the Uruguayan radio station 890 Sport, Suárez said: "I love Liverpool, but if there is a chance of playing somewhere else … I suffered too much as a kid to get where I am to be attacked unfairly by the English press. They haven't appreciated me as a player, they've just judged my attitude.

I'm happy at Liverpool, I'm happy because of the fans. I made a mistake, I'm human, but [the press] talked about me in ways they shouldn't have. My family have suffered and things got out of hand. My daughter and my wife have suffered. I'm not prepared to continue to put up with the English press."

The Milk Man
30-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Suarez had dropped the biggest hint that he would be leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid :o no thanks to the English press media :mad:

"In an interview with the Uruguayan radio station 890 Sport, Suárez said: "I love Liverpool, but if there is a chance of playing somewhere else … I suffered too much as a kid to get where I am to be attacked unfairly by the English press. They haven't appreciated me as a player, they've just judged my attitude.

I'm happy at Liverpool, I'm happy because of the fans. I made a mistake, I'm human, but [the press] talked about me in ways they shouldn't have. My family have suffered and things got out of hand. My daughter and my wife have suffered. I'm not prepared to continue to put up with the English press."

Liverpool has slapped a 40million price tag on Suarez...... any club that can offer that amount will be allowed to talk to Suarez.

The Milk Man
30-05-2013, 06:36 PM

"Sigh"....... one old man for another. :rolleyes:
I just hope he has the commitment and spirit of Jamie.

HonkyTonkyMan
30-05-2013, 07:33 PM

2 years I give you next season to improve on the standing at least must be above that smaller team and that teams of cocks...:D

hawksbay
30-05-2013, 07:46 PM
It's interesting how well Rafa has done at Chelsea. Considering how the owners chose not to interview Rafa despite many fans asking for him, considering how warmly welcome Rafa was when he came back to Anfield, would the owners be regretting choosing a newbie like BR over a pair of safe hands in Rafa? If Rafa is poor in buying players, BR brought Assaidi, Borini, Allen and played Sahin out of position.

Ya they were surprised by how well loved Rafa is at anfield, Rafa a poor in buying? Look at who he bought to Liverpool.... Alonso.Luis Garcia, Torres,macsherano,agger,skertel,reina,aberloa,John son, tfrs which never wrk out were mostly free trfs..... I don t understand if sahin can play for Dortmund y not us... its puzzling...hats of to rafa he did well at Chelsea...Chelsea don t deserve him.....I enjoyed the part at wigan when the reds fans started singing RAfa s name.wonder how BR felt than.... and y the hell are we signing kolo toure..... he s past his best.....wtf is BR thinking.

hawksbay
30-05-2013, 07:53 PM

BR don t noe wat he's doing I think he shd give coates more playing time,u don t play for Uruguay for nothing....kolo toure has lost his legs, sterling gave him a real roasting in the early part of the season....

hawksbay
30-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Liverpool has slapped a 40million price tag on Suarez...... any club that can offer that amount will be allowed to talk to Suarez.

Wat the hell he is worth more than 40 million...... that figure is ridiculous... the fuck up British press never leave the foreign managers and players alone always hounding them...... they tend to forget that they can t sell their papers with out them.....

TitoVito
30-05-2013, 09:38 PM
BR don t noe wat he's doing I think he shd give coates more playing time,u don t play for Uruguay for nothing....kolo toure has lost his legs, sterling gave him a real roasting in the early part of the season....

Coates is not in the Uruguay National team...... he was in their U-19 & U-21 squads....... and it looks like Liverpool is clearing out their defenders.
Jamie Carragher - retire
Danny Wilson - back to Scotland
Martin Skrtel - possibly to Napoli

hawksbay
31-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Coates is not in the Uruguay National team...... he was in their U-19 & U-21 squads....... and it looks like Liverpool is clearing out their defenders.
Jamie Carragher - retire
Danny Wilson - back to Scotland
Martin Skrtel - possibly to Napoli

.He made his full international debut against Chile in the 2011 Copa América. Coates went on to win the award for the Best Young Player at the end of the tournament.http://img4.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17779/17779538a944d1e8405edb732bf6757aec4b2de1.jpgSebast ián Coates with the Best Young Player of the Copa America award in 2011.

hawksbay
31-05-2013, 12:24 AM
http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17779/17779614adf9f1b7ed36671a77135ebcf8df81ab.jpg happy 33rd birthday.... 2 more years and u can retire:D

Dirk Kuyt
01-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Looks like this summer's transfers are not going well for Liverpool......
even those no name footballers are reluctant to come to Anfield.

sex crusader
01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Looks like this summer's transfers are not going well for Liverpool......
even those no name footballers are reluctant to come to Anfield.

We miss u.ps come back as our top scorer is determined to leave now.:D

sailsingapore
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Want to Uppzzz you back Bro P-k-T : please post in my thread !! Thanks !! btw I hope you dont hate me but I am a DIE HARD CHELSEA FAN ! :p

Lone_Wolf
02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
happy 33rd birthday.... 2 more years and u can retire:D

Can you resize your pics before posting them as they make reading the other posts difficult!:mad:

Lone_Wolf
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
We miss u.ps come back as our top scorer is determined to leave now.:D

We need another striker as replacement...... DK has been converted to a midfielder / wingback by Fenerbache :D

sex crusader
02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
We need another striker as replacement...... DK has been converted to a midfielder / wingback by Fenerbache :D

he was playing as a winger during his days with us anyway.:D

Sentinels
03-06-2013, 12:26 AM
he was playing as a winger during his days with us anyway.:D

DK is like what Ahmad Latiff is doing for Tg Pagar now...... more useful and effective coming up from the back :p

TitoVito
03-06-2013, 02:02 AM

That is Suarez's wish...... but I dun think Real Madrid will make any move to buy him until the new manager comes in. Even then it has to be whether the new man wants to have Suarez in his team onot? ..... and whether Suarez is worth the $40million ?

So my view on this is that Suarez will still be a Liverpool player next season. :D

Lone_Wolf
03-06-2013, 01:20 PM
That is Suarez's wish...... but I dun think Real Madrid will make any move to buy him until the new manager comes in. Even then it has to be whether the new man wants to have Suarez in his team onot? ..... and whether Suarez is worth the $40million ?

So my view on this is that Suarez will still be a Liverpool player next season. :D

Liverpool dun wanna let him go..... but there is a release clause in his contract that says he can leave for 40 million. :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed that no club is willing to fork out that amount for him. :rolleyes:

Xgenre
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
but there is a release clause in his contract that says he can leave for 40 million. :)

Got conflicting reports on this 40 million portion. Some reports say there are no release clauses in Suarez's contract.

I feel it doesn't matter how much we sell him but what is more important is how we reinvest the money. Torres went for $50 million but look at how we reinvest the money. Absolutely disappointing. If Suarez goes for $40 million and we buy 5 Coutinhos (5 X $8 million = $40 million), I think all of us will be happy that Suarez left. 5 Coutinho-like players in different positions of course.

sex crusader
03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Got conflicting reports on this 40 million portion. Some reports say there are no release clauses in Suarez's contract.

I feel it doesn't matter how much we sell him but what is more important is how we reinvest the money. Torres went for $50 million but look at how we reinvest the money. Absolutely disappointing. If Suarez goes for $40 million and we buy 5 Coutinhos (5 X $8 million = $40 million), I think all of us will be happy that Suarez left. 5 Coutinho-like players in different positions of course.

can hire a more prolific manager and have some change for good players.:D

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
03-06-2013, 06:49 PM
can hire a more prolific manager and have some change for good players.:D

That should be the number one move..good players should be managed by decent mgr..if not its useless :rolleyes:

owen10
03-06-2013, 11:45 PM
How wretched could our luck be??? Is it our training methods or are our players just overstretched over a punishing season schedule? Look at the number of players who have been in the lengthy injury list in the past ... Borini, Acquilani, Babel, Agger, Skrtel, Kgrygiakos, Gerrard, Carra, Lucas, Johnson, Henderson, Kelly ... the list goes on.

I really hope our fortunes will change for the better soon.

Sturridge 'facing four months out'

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1467033/liverpool-daniel-sturridge-facing-four-months-reports?cc=4716

hawksbay
06-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Rafa HAD to go, the wheels had come off - Reina. i still love Rafa Benitez but he HAD to go admits Reina

Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina has offered an explosive insight into the disastrous season that cost Rafa Benitez his job.

He admits it was time for the Spanish boss he admires so much to leave Anfield, because things had got so bad he feared the team would be relegated.

In his sensational new book, which lifts the lid on Anfield’s innermost secrets, Reina offers a brutally truthful behind-the-scenes account of why Benitez was axed, his row with Rafa over a beer, the beach ball goal that haunts him - and a mighty bust-up with Jamie Carragher...

"When Rafa left Liverpool at the end of the 2009-10 season, I knew that it was the right time for him to go. "It hurts me to say that, but the wheels had come off by then and there was no guarantee that he was going to be able to put them back on.

"I know that I will be for ever in his debt for what he has done for my football career, and it is never nice when a manager leaves or loses his job, but there are times when, for whatever reason, the methods that have been bringing a manager so much success just stop working.

"When this happens, the club has to make a decision about whether you will be able to get back to winning ways again, or if it is time to look for a new manager who might be able to freshen things up, just by having a different approach.

"Liverpool wanted to go down the latter route and it was probably the right decision.

"I was upset, obviously, because it is always sad when a manager loses his job, but even more so when he has been as important to your career as Rafa has been to mine.

"But I also thought half of the dressing room was not happy and so, probably, for the club if not for me personally, it was the best outcome for everyone.

"I first began to realise we were in trouble when we played against Espanyol in a pre-season friendly at the start of August 2009.

"They beat us 3-0 and could have scored more. When I came off the pitch there was a part of me that thought, 'If we carry on like this, we are going to get relegated.'

"It was as if someone had flicked a switch at the end of the previous season and we had gone from being a really strong team to a really weak one.

"It was clear that we were nowhere near the level that we wanted to be at. When there are problems at a big club and the atmosphere turns, one of the first comments to be made is always that the manager has lost the dressing room.

"In this case there were still players who supported the manager, but obviously there were others who were not too happy with him for different reasons.

"My own opinion was clear - I liked Rafa and continued to support him - but I cannot speak for everyone.

"Sadly for Rafa, we went from second place in the Premier League one season to seventh place the next and that was always going to result in him coming under pressure.

"One of the problems we had was that we had lost some good players - Xabi Alonso, Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant - but never really replaced them.

"Signings were made with the idea of making improvements to the team, but the reality was that the ones who came in were not of the same standard as the ones who had left.

"You can look at the players who came in and ask why they didn't deliver, because no footballer can ever be free of responsibility. "But, in football, the buck always stops with the manager. If he makes signings that don't work out then it won't be long before the people who run the club are going to ask questions.

"Had someone said to me at the end of the 2008-09 season, when we came so close to winning the league, that just 12 months later the manager would be gone, I wouldn't have believed them," he added.

"But that is football. It is not about what you might have done in the past, it is about what you are doing in the here and now and what you are going to do in the future.

"None of us can live on past glories.

"The moment any of us think that we can is the moment that decisions about our future are taken out of our hands - if I have a really poor season in goal, the chances are that Liverpool will start looking at the possibility of replacing me."

hawksbay
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
The day I declared war on Carra - Reina

The veins in our necks were bulging, our faces were red with anger and neither of us was going to back down.

The row between me and Jamie Carragher started during the game - I can't even remember which one - carried on in the dressing room and didn’t come to an end until we sent each other text messages ­apologising.

He went crazy at me, screaming at me, and I was screaming back at him.

We were like that for fully five minutes shouting at one another and getting our point across.

The people who sit in the seats closest to the pitch probably could not believe what they were hearing.

We were on the same team but we were arguing with each other with real passion and neither of us was willing to back down.

They will have thought it was all over when we stopped, but as soon as we got back into the dressing room we started again and it was even rougher than it had been on the pitch.

If anything, the screaming was even louder and all the other players were just totally silent, watching us giving each other hell.

We are all passionate and we are all desperate to win so it is totally natural that there will be occasions when our emotions boil over and we take it out on one another.

It wasn’t even over anything major.

It was just a difference of opinion over whether I should knock the ball long or he should give me an angle for a short pass.

I ended up kicking the ball out wide to where I thought Carra should be, but he wasn’t there and it went out of play.

“You really think you’re [legendary Germany defender] Franz Beckenbauer and you’re always trying to play short passes when you should just empty it,” he shouted at me.

“If I know one thing it’s that you definitely aren’t ­Beckenbauer, but just give me a bit of support when I’ve got the ball so we can try and play instead of just kicking it down the pitch,” I responded.

hawksbay
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Reina: Beer spat shows trouble was brewing for Benitez.

While Pepe Reina rates his former Reds boss Rafa Benitez the best he has worked with, he still admits the Spanish coach had flaws.

And the keeper revealed one angry bust-up with his old manager, that he believes exposed the fundamental weakness in his managerial style - the fact that he never played at a high level.

In his new book, Reina takes up the story:

"The biggest argument I ever had with him was about a beer.

"We had lost 2-1 at Besiktas and not played too well. I decided to have a beer.

"I don't see a problem with that, because for me it is healthier to do that than it is to have a glass of Coca-Cola or a drink like that.

"Suddenly, the bartender turned up and said, 'The club doctor, the medical staff and the manager have made it clear to me that they do not want you to have a beer.'

"I asked Rafa what was going on and he said I was forbidden from having a beer.

"I still don't know why this was the case but, whatever the reason, I was fuming.

"I grabbed my bags and stormed off to my room without even having my dinner. That is how upset I was.

"For me, Rafa was in the wrong on that occasion. It suggests the manager does not trust you to look after yourself in the right way.

"As a player, you have to know when the time is right to relax and when it isn't, and I like to think that I have that balance.

"He [Benitez] saw it differently and maybe if he has a small weakness as a manager it is that he did not have a massive career as a player before he moved into management.

"I used to wind him up about this all the time and he would get angry when I reminded him that he had not played at the top level.

"He would list all the teams he played for and they were like third division and university teams! I would say to him, 'That's not football! Tell me where you got the experience that comes with being in the dressing room at the top clubs.'

"I did it with the greatest respect, because I knew his achievements demanded my respect. But maybe it is a truth as well, because by spending time in dressing rooms as a player and getting close enough to the players to understand their moods and the way they are, I think it can make you a better manager.

"You only have to look at what Rafa, Jose Mourinho, Andre Villas-Boas and Louis van Gaal have achieved in football and the trophies they have won to realise that you don't have to have had a great career as a player to be a great manager.

"But, in my opinion, the most complete managers are always likely to be the ones who had a great career as players for many years as well."

hawksbay
06-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Pepe Reina: Liverpool players wanted Rafa Benitez as new manager
New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could be facing an uphill battle to get the Anfield dressing room onside after Pepe Reina revealed the players wanted Rafael Benitez at the helm.

The Spanish goalkeeper said he would have liked Benitez to return to the club where he had so much success.

‘For many of my colleagues and me, Rafa Benitez would be the ideal candidate,’ he told Radio Marca.

The 52-year-old left Liverpool by mutual consent at the end of the 2009-10 season following an early exit from the Champions League and a disappointing seventh-place finish.

However, in his time on Merseyside he took the club to second place in the Premier League, an FA Cup win and two Champions League finals, with one victory in Europe’s biggest cup competition.

Reina explained that his time playing under his fellow Spaniard had shaped his career the most, before adding that he thought the former Valencia and Inter Milan manager was ‘the best’.

hawksbay
06-06-2013, 09:15 AM
http://youtu.be/Z542oekHt1Q suarez scores for uruguay against france.

Ninja_Assassin
06-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Pepe Reina: Liverpool players wanted Rafa Benitez as new manager
New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could be facing an uphill battle to get the Anfield dressing room onside after Pepe Reina revealed the players wanted Rafael Benitez at the helm.’.

There are not many players from RB's era left remaining in the LFC squad...... many will be BR's boys in time to come. :)

bochapsing
06-06-2013, 06:38 PM

still hope tat he stays with us....

Ninja_Assassin
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
still hope tat he stays with us....

I believe he will...... not many clubs have $40 million to spend on a single player. :D

Read that Liverpool is putting in a $7 million bid for Carlos Tevez in Man City's clearout sale :D

sex crusader
07-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I believe he will...... not many clubs have $40 million to spend on a single player. :D

Read that Liverpool is putting in a $7 million bid for Carlos Tevez in Man City's clearout sale :D

But his weekly pay is high. Once he become a liability for mia again...liv suffer liao. good thing doesnt come cheap la. But BR will buy funny players like Allan.Btw,have you guys seen the below players in action before.*Manager Brendan Rodgers is considering moves for Shakhtar Donetsk’s Armenian attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Schalke’s Greece international centre-back Kyriakos Papadopoulos.*

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
07-06-2013, 12:02 AM
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1469515/liverpool-close-aspas-signing?cc=4716

Hope he is not a replacement for Suarez but a striking partner for him...

I still values Suarez although he has more or less tarnish the image of the club...but then again, if we are fucking rich then its ok...but then he is too good to be replaced for us at the moment at least..

sex crusader
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM

I still values Suarez although he has more or less tarnish the image of the club...but then again, if we are fucking rich then its ok...but then he is too good to be replaced for us at the moment at least..

Ya..suarez was the saviour of the club last season.Also..we have not concluded our 35 mil strker"s deal to west ham yet.HAve we?

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
07-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Ya..suarez was the saviour of the club last season.Also..we have not concluded our 35 mil strker"s deal to west ham yet.HAve we?

You mean AC?
He's hardworking ..but his style don't suit BR lor, can really get 35mil off him?
That would be good lo..

sex crusader
07-06-2013, 12:37 AM
You mean AC?
He's hardworking ..but his style don't suit BR lor, can really get 35mil off him?
That would be good lo..

LOL...br style is to pass till the cow go home. cow also die la...running for 90 mins.AC is the typical English player...waiting to be fed.:D

owen10
07-06-2013, 12:45 AM

i hope he's not gonna end up as another Borini. Now who is this Aspas? Have not heard of him leh.

so what happens to Borini if Suarez stays and Aspas is signs for Pool? Surely he would not want to play 4th fiddle.

owen10
07-06-2013, 12:59 AM

juz watched the goal on foxtv.

nice goal ... one touch ... one kill!

hawksbay
07-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Are Liverpool prepared for the crazy world of Kyriakos Papadopoulos?
Schalke defender being targeted by Brendan Rodgers has ample talent, huge confidence and a volcanic temper

It is the day before the start of Euro 2012 and at Greece's tournament base in Jachranka, a village north of Warsaw, the national team manager, Fernando Santos, is telling his players who will be starting the next day's opening match against co-hosts Poland. Suddenly, a hulking 20-year-old loses his temper, his cheeks turning red with rage as he hears he is not in the side. Unable to calm down he tells Santos that Greece will lose without him, leaving the Portuguese, as well as the more experienced members of his squad, looking on in disbelief. Some start laughing, only to be confronted by a fierce stare from the angry young man.

Of all the stories that have been told about Kyriakos Papadopoulos since he made his debut for Olympiakos aged 15, and more recently following reports linking him with a move to Liverpool, perhaps this is the most telling of a defender who is becoming renowned across Europe as much for his confidence and combustible personality as for his talents on the pitch. At Schalke, Papadopoulos's current club, the supporters describe him as "verrückt" – crazy – while acknowledging that three years after arriving at the Veltins-Arena, he has become a star of the team.

"He is a huge talent," says Philipp Selldorf, Schalke correspondent for Süddeutsche Zeitung. "Papa was only 18 when he came to Schalke but he got into the team very quickly and has done well ever since. The supporters also love Papa because of his passion. They can see that he is always fighting for the ball, always trying to win possession. They admire his bravery but also worry that he might be a little mad. This is something the management also worry about – if Schalke are losing at half-time they find it hard to get through to Papa in the dressing room. He just sits there looking frustrated and down, and that has sometimes affected his decision making; made his tackling more wild. But in fairness, Papa has not been sent off many times for Schalke."

Twice in the last couple of seasons to be precise, although it could well have happened more during the most recent campaign had a knee operation not restricted Papadopoulos to 16 appearances in all competitions. It is also worth noting that across the last two Bundesliga seasons, the 21-year-old committed 2.13 fouls-per-game, significantly more than many of the division's other leading centre-backs, such as Dante (1.34), Manuel Friedrich (1.03), Neven Subotic (0.92) and Mats Hummels (0.70)

But Opta's statistics from the same period also highlight Papadopoulos's positive influence on Schalke and why Liverpool appear so keen to sign him. In comparison with the aforementioned centre-backs, he has scored the joint-highest number of goals (3), has the second-highest tackle-success rate (84.83%), made the most clearances-per-game (6.51) and the most interceptions-per-game (3.77), with only his passing figures letting him down.

"He definitely needs to work on his passing," says Stavros Drakoularakos, a writer with Sport 24, Greece's largest sport website. "He is quick, strong and comfortable with the ball, so if he can improve his distribution skills then Papadopoulos really can go to that next level and become one of the best defenders in Europe."

In Greece they have known about Papadopoulos ever since Olympiakos brought him to their youth academy from Svoronos Katerinis, his hometown club, in July 2007. A story soon appeared on the front of FOS, the country's biggest-selling sports newspaper, declaring the club had just signed the nation's next star and on 2 December that year, in a match against Atromitos, Papadopoulos came off the bench to become the youngest player to compete in Greece's Super League. He was 15 years and 283 days old.

Papadopoulos soon became a fixture in the Olympiakos side, as well as impressing at Under-17, Under-18 and Under-21 level for Greece, with his combination of pace and power, allied to a robust frame and superb aerial ability for someone who is barely 6ft — "watching him challenge for every high ball makes you think he's a colossus whereas actually he's not that tall for a central defender," says Selldorf — alerting the attention of scouts across Europe. In June 2010 he joined Schalke and departed from his homeland with a message that screamed with confidence and ambition.

"When Papadopoulos announced he was going to Germany he described Olympiakos as having been a 'stepping stone' in his career," says Drakoularakos. "For 99% of Greek players Olympiakos is not a stepping stone, it is the pinnacle. So this comment came as a shock and people started accusing Papadopoulos of having a big ego."

Many of Papadopoulos's Greece team-mates are likely to have thought the same after his fit of pique prior to the Poland game last summer. The defender arrived at Euro 2012 having made his international debut 12 months earlier in a qualifier against Malta, and while he impressed in that match, scoring one of Greece's goals in a 3-1 victory, and then started four of the team's final five qualifying matches, he remained behind Avraam Papadopoulos and Sokratis Papastathopoulos in Greece's centre-back pecking order. It was a surprise only to Papa that Santos did not include him in the side who faced the Poles.

The defender stewed among the substitutes at Warsaw's National Stadium but he did not have to wait long for his moment, coming on in the 36th minute for Avraam Papadopoulos after he had suffered a knee injury. The youngster impressed in the 1-1 draw and again during the 2-1 defeat to Czech Republic. But it was his performance in Greece's final group match, the 1-0 victory over Russia, that really caught the eye, and from there he firmly established himself in the national team.

"Papadopoulos was fantastic against Russia, the man of the match," says Drakoularakos. "It was a big moment for him and also the moment when the rest of the squad truly recognised his talents. Greece still has many members of the side who won Euro 2004 and because of that achievement they do not readily compliment younger players when they are selected for the national team. But the senior guys are all happy to talk about Papadopoulos – they recognise he will soon be their most important player. My view is that he will be Greece's captain in the next five or six years, although if you asked Papadopoulos he would probably tell you he is ready to be captain now."

Having all but recovered from his knee operation, the next challenge awaiting Papadopoulos appears to be filling the void left at Anfield by the retired Jamie Carragher. Brendan Rodgers has identified him as the new leader of Liverpool's backline, with his pace allowing Rodgers to implement the high-line defence that he has been unable to establish. Being right footed, Papadopoulos would also compliment the left-footed Daniel Agger.

Papadopoulos's agent, Paul Koutsoliakos, has said the player is happy to see out the remaining three years of his contract at Schalke, particularly given they have qualified for next season's Champions League.

But privately Papadopoulos has his heart set on a switch to Liverpool, so much so that he travelled to London last month to watch their 3-1 victory at Fulham. While there, Papadopoulos also spoke to Greece team-mate and Fulham midfielder Giorgos Karagounis about life in the Premier League.

For their part, Schalke have said they have no desire to sell Papadopoulos, but with a plan in place to clear debts of over £15.4m club officials are open to selling him for the right price. Indeed, Schalke appear to have already begun preparing for life without the centre-back having signed Felipe Santana from Borussia Dortmund.

Liverpool fans generally appear excited about the pursuit of Papadopoulos, with some taking particular delight from a YouTube clip showing the player's reaction to being grabbed around the throat by Greece team-mate Georgios Samaras. Having released himself from Samaras's grasp, Papadopoulos glares at the striker with a look of almost murderous intent, his eyes bulging, those cheeks reddening with anger once again. Verrückt, as they say in Gelsenkirchen, and now possibly heading this way...

JadeBird
07-06-2013, 01:11 AM
But his weekly pay is high. Once he become a liability for mia again...liv suffer liao. good thing doesnt come cheap la. But BR will buy funny players like Allan.Btw,have you guys seen the below players in action before.*Manager Brendan Rodgers is considering moves for Shakhtar Donetsk’s Armenian attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Schalke’s Greece international centre-back Kyriakos Papadopoulos.*

Both Mkhitaryan & Papadopoulos are excellent players...... if we can get them our chance of qualifying to playing CL football is very good.

hawksbay
07-06-2013, 01:47 AM
http://youtu.be/SkLJQu-fHw8 "If he goes to the premier league, people will understand how much of a beast this guy actually is. Benteke, Adebayor, Rooney and other "bulky" strikers is no match for this guy. He is one crazy fucker." Comes from a Schalke fan.

pomrakthai
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
http://youtu.be/SkLJQu-fHw8 "If he goes to the premier league, people will understand how much of a beast this guy actually is. Benteke, Adebayor, Rooney and other "bulky" strikers is no match for this guy. He is one crazy fucker." Comes from a Schalke fan.

He is more like Sktel , style of playing and his face features :eek:

bochapsing
07-06-2013, 03:04 PM

he is a beast. but a bit too rash sometimes.
I think we need such a "gangster" who can bully opponent strikers and dominant in the air. :D
he will b a fantastic signing and only 21 years old!

The Milk Man
07-06-2013, 11:53 PM
he is a beast. but a bit too rash sometimes.
I think we need such a "gangster" who can bully opponent strikers and dominant in the air. :D
he will b a fantastic signing and only 21 years old!

But be prepared to have some games without him as he is also the player with the most red cards in the Bundesliga...... his foul rate is 2.13 per game which is way ahead of the next highest (Dante at 1.43)..... so that means he has very high chance of getting sent off.

Dirk Kuyt
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Liverpool's transfer targets = Kolo Toure, Aspas, Ilori & Papadopoulos. (3 defenders & 1 striker).

With these players I wonder how are they gonna mount a challenge for Champions League spot? No wonder their MD Ayre declare publicly LFC needs at least another 3 years to be back in Europe.

sex crusader
08-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Liverpool's transfer targets = Kolo Toure, Aspas, Ilori & Papadopoulos. (3 defenders & 1 striker).

With these players I wonder how are they gonna mount a challenge for Champions League spot? No wonder their MD Ayre declare publicly LFC needs at least another 3 years to be back in Europe.

Good striker liv bor lui buy.Some dont want to join...how? Sothink LL bring AC back. But he cant create goal like suarez...:o

owen10
09-06-2013, 02:55 AM

play a compact, defensive style, like STOKE. defend like mad, then counter attack with a speedy striker and score. every match win 1-0 enuff to win title. :D

sex crusader
11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Bring back sammi hypia.let him be the defence 's coach. Worst... Be the am of pool. :D

JadeBird
12-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Bring back sammi hypia.let him be the defence 's coach. Worst... Be the am of pool. :D

I believe he will be back some day...... he almost became KD's assistant but Leverkusan quickly offered him the manager job.

Btw, how good is the new striker Aspas?

The Milk Man
12-06-2013, 01:54 AM

Never seen him in action yet...... but based on feedback he is better than Michu (they were both teammates)...... his most famous asset is his fighting spirit as his teams has always been fighting relegation battles. :D
This characteristic is probably what made BR sign him.... Liverpool need players who never give up when the chips are down. :)

sex crusader
12-06-2013, 05:49 PM
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/6545?cc=4716

owen10
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/6545?cc=4716

he came with such a high profile but i think he has far disappointed us. i would hv loved to see Michu join us but dun thk he'll want to come.

Grounded Eagle
12-06-2013, 11:51 PM
he came with such a high profile but i think he has far disappointed us. i would hv loved to see Michu join us but dun thk he'll want to come.

I read our new striker Aspas is rated more highly than Michu when both were playing for Celta...... lets hope he can deliver. :)

sex crusader
13-06-2013, 12:48 AM

It was BR who glorified him. Didn't really see his contribution last season. Knn..so exp somemore !

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:21 AM
play a compact, defensive style, like STOKE. defend like mad, then counter attack with a speedy striker and score. every match win 1-0 enuff to win title. :D
ha ha ha u sound like "THE HAPPY ONE" :D

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:25 AM
I believe he will be back some day...... he almost became KD's assistant but Leverkusan quickly offered him the manager job.

YES as the liverpool boss :)

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:30 AM
LFChttp://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/17844/1784450739056ece126b5d2241c57cdef20deaf4.jpgCraig Bellamy doesn't mince his words in his new autobiography, 'GoodFella'

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Several chapters have been serialised containing his recollection of working with Rafael Benitez and his much-publicised altercation with John Arne Riise.

Here are a few other extracts about his time at LFC:

"They were still the top team when I was growing up in the 1980s but that wasn't the only reason I supported them. I loved the kit for one thing, that brilliant crispy, shiny red kit that always looked so beautiful against the green of the turf with its big Liver Bird emblem. The first kit I owned was the yellow away kit they wore for the 1985-86 season."
On supporting LFC
"Gerrard was everything I expected and more. He was a cut above anyone I've ever played with. He had so much in his locker. He is an immense player but because he is streaks ahead of everyone - even someone like Alonso - he put too much onus on himself to do everything. There were days we knew that if we were going to win, Stevie was going to have to be at his best. He knew that too, and that is a lot of pressure to carry around on your shoulders. What makes him so good? Well, there is nothing he can't do. He is clever. He sees the game quicker than anyone else. He sees the picture. He can play the ball first time around corners that aren't even there. He has got intelligence. He has got physical attributes. He can bomb past people. He is quick. He is a powerful, proper athlete. Give him a header, he will score."
On Steven Gerrard
"Crouchie said to me that if he played, he would do a golf swing celebration. I said the same. In the elation of the moment, I forgot all about the celebration for about 20 seconds. Some people were upset...they said it showed a lack of contrition. That wasn't true. It was just an expression of happiness, mixed with a little mischief and a signal that there was more to me than bouts of bad behaviour. It was a proud moment looking up at the Nou Camp scoreboard and seeing my name on it. I knew my son would be looking at it, too."
On celebrating a goal v Barcelona

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:37 AM
"His finishing was still a different league. He could dink it over the keeper, he could move the ball, he could whip it. And he was a lovely bloke too."
On playing with Robbie Fowler
"Rafa liked to nominate a penalty-taker for each game and it was Robbie that night. But when we were awarded one, I decided that I wanted to take it. Robbie and I had a brief argument but he couldn't be bothered to continue it. He stepped aside. I took it. The Birmingham keeper, Maik Taylor, saved it. The next day Rafa called me in. He asked me why I took the penalty. I said I felt confident and I wanted to score. 'But you weren't on penalties,' he said. 'I have to fine you.' 'Really,' I said. 'Yes,' Rafa said. 'I pick the penalty taker, not you.' I don't know how much the fine was. I didn't dare think about it because it would have driven me mad."
On being fined
"It was heart-wrenching not to play any part at all. When we were on the coach back to the hotel, a couple of the boys expressed surprise to me that Rafa hadn't brought me in. It was nice of them but it didn't help. It was over. The chance had gone. As a fan of the club, I felt sick about the defeat. As a player denied the chance to play the biggest game in club football I just felt empty."
On not playing in Athens
"Liverpool took the initiative. They sent a helicopter to Cardiff to fly me to Merseyside. As soon as we landed in Liverpool, Harry [Redknapp] was on the phone telling me not to sign. I thought Tottenham were probably the better team but Liverpool were in my heart. I had unfinished business at Liverpool, too. It had never really felt right playing under Rafa and I wanted to have better memories of playing for the club I loved."
On re-joining LFC

hawksbay
13-06-2013, 08:39 AM
"There was a minute's applause for Speedo before the game. I stood in the line with the rest of the Liverpool players. I felt okay. The Liverpool fans started singing his name. It was real to me then and I started crying. I'm a man's man. I'm not supposed to cry. I didn't like Chelsea fans. I didn't want to cry in front of them. But I couldn't help it. 'I'm going to play well tonight,' I thought. And Chelsea couldn't get near me. It was one of the best games I have ever played. We won 2-0 and I set up both goals. The game was easy after the two days I had just had. It was a performance worthy of Speedo's memory. Kenny brought me off 10 minutes from the end and gave me the biggest hug when I got to the touchline, which is typical of him. Then I sat down on the bench, put a coat over my head and cried."
On returning to the pitch after Gary Speed's death
"People talk about Kenny being the greatest Liverpool footballer of all time. He probably is. But you know what, he is the greatest man who has ever played for Liverpool Football Club. He was brilliant to play for."
On Kenny Dalglish
"He was an incredible player and a lovely guy. He trained hard and worked relentlessly during matches. People talk about him diving but he took a hell of a lot of punishment, too. He would take his socks off after a game and his calves and his ankle would be black and blue from where he had been kicked."
On Luis Suarez
"I went with him to the pub. I sat with him and watched as he taunted every Evertonian who came through the door. I could see them glance at him and roll their eyes, smiling. They all knew he wouldn't spare them. He gave them merciless stick. It was a great night."
On post-FA Cup semi-final celebrations with Carra

sex crusader
13-06-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item981852/Suso-wants-Liverpool-stay-after-'fantastic'-year/

Also the manager didn't play him much mah last season.

owen10
14-06-2013, 12:16 AM
I read our new striker Aspas is rated more highly than Michu when both were playing for Celta...... lets hope he can deliver. :)

i dont mean to pour cold water on our beloved Pool. many of the signings came highly rated but left the club lowly rated. :( keeping fingers crossed that Aspas will do well for Pool.

oh btw could we have Xabi Alonso back pls??? how i miss this guy!!!!!

owen10
14-06-2013, 12:44 AM
If Pool succeeds in signing Mignolet, does it mean Reina will most certainly leave? Mignolet is a Belgium international and an expected first choice with most EPL clubs. Don't think he'll be contented to warm the bench n play 2nd fiddle to Reina.

-------------------------

Express: Rodgers wants Mignolet
13th Jun 2013 - Media Watch

LIVERPOOL will bid for Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.

Mignolet impressed last season with a number of outstanding perfomances and is eager to leave the Stadium of Light this summer in search of European football.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has made the Belgian international his top target.

And Rodgers, a long-term admirer of Mignolet, is now readying a £7million bid to lure the 25-year-old to Anfield.

The goalkeeper's agent Nico Vaesen said: "It is very unlikely he will sign a new contract [at Sunderland].

"Simon has obviously come to a point where he wants to step up a level and there is a lot of interest in him. He is very ambitious and wants to play in the World Cup in Brazil next year.

"It was a good thing that Sunderland stayed up and it is a fantastic club where he has had three great years. But it is maybe time to step up a level and play for a club competiting for a European spot."

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
14-06-2013, 12:59 AM
If Pool succeeds in signing Mignolet, does it mean Reina will most certainly leave? Mignolet is a Belgium international and an expected first choice with most EPL clubs. Don't think he'll be contented to warm the bench n play 2nd fiddle to Reina.

You are not serious aren't you...Sun has one if the worse defence and goals leaking team last season :o

But I really don't blame the top players leaving..they don't think we can turn things around with the money we have or the current mgr we have don't they ..the lifespan of active soccer players to waste their time is too short..

Grounded Eagle
14-06-2013, 01:07 AM

I more or less suspected Reina is leaving when he spoke up in support of Suarez's decision to leave Liverpool.

BR has been on a buying spree for several players which surprised me considering that he has a budget of only 20 million...... then it dawned on me that with the sale of Reina (17m to Barca), Suarez (40m to RM) & Carroll (15m to WH)...... he has more than 90m to spend. :)

KangTuo
14-06-2013, 08:03 AM
he has more than 90m to spend. :)

BR left with 82.3mil :)

get Mignolet at 7mil, he still balance 75.3mil can use to get ronaldo from RM :)

bochapsing
14-06-2013, 12:25 PM
oh btw could we have Xabi Alonso back pls??? how i miss this guy!!!!!

I miss him toooo....... if we hv to sell suarez to real, hope we can demand him to be included in the deal....

he would nvr sign for us if he is not promised 1st choice, nobody would want to risk their world cup place sitting on bench...

hope reina stays...

owen10
15-06-2013, 02:34 AM
You are not serious aren't you...Sun has one if the worse defence and goals leaking team last season :o

But I really don't blame the top players leaving..they don't think we can turn things around with the money we have or the current mgr we have don't they ..the lifespan of active soccer players to waste their time is too short..

i play fantasy league, Mignolet is among the top EPL keepers, together with Begovic, Foster, Vorm n not forgetting Cech. i also followed some of Sun's matches lah, Mignolet's quite good, juz that his team is lousy n leaked in goals. actually i would hv preferred Begovic or Vorm if we have no way to retain Reina. our 2nd n 3rd choice keepers are still not ready yet, unfortunately.

MAYOR
16-06-2013, 03:55 PM
i play fantasy league, Mignolet is among the top EPL keepers, together with Begovic, Foster, Vorm n not forgetting Cech. i also followed some of Sun's matches lah, Mignolet's quite good, juz that his team is lousy n leaked in goals. actually i would hv preferred Begovic or Vorm if we have no way to retain Reina. our 2nd n 3rd choice keepers are still not ready yet, unfortunately.

2nd choice is Brad Jones but no more 3rd choice as Peter Gulacsi has left to join another Austrian club.

The Milk Man
16-06-2013, 11:54 PM
2nd choice is Brad Jones but no more 3rd choice as Peter Gulacsi has left to join another Austrian club.

Looks like Reina is leaving too if Mignolet is confirmed coming into the team.

The Milk Man
16-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Suarez is cutting short his summer break to have emergency talks with the LFC management in an attempt to "force" through his transfer request.

The Milk Man
16-06-2013, 11:59 PM
West Ham & LFC have agreed on the transfer of Andy Carroll for 15m and they expect a decision by AC on the matter by this weekend at the latest.

sex crusader
17-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Suarez is cutting short his summer break to have emergency talks with the LFC management in an attempt to "force" through his transfer request.

If he does force through, we may not get the 40 mil as reported in his contract.really don understand why this manager keep on buying midfielder. Don't we have enough oredi in our squad?

sex crusader
17-06-2013, 12:04 AM
West Ham & LFC have agreed on the transfer of Andy Carroll for 15m and they expect a decision by AC on the matter by this weekend at the latest.

Dont know whether he is dumb or plain Stupid! As long as BR is the manager, his style will never fits in br's style of playing. I don't remember how long never seen crosses in pool's game Liao.

owen10
17-06-2013, 07:24 AM

If LS wants to leave juz let it be. No point retaining if the player's heart is no longer with the club. Why keep an unhappy player if he keeps sulking? Guess BR would have to start fr scratch to rebuild the team again.

KangTuo
17-06-2013, 08:22 AM
If he does force through, we may not get the 40 mil as reported in his contract.really don understand why this manager keep on buying midfielder. Don't we have enough oredi in our squad?

Aspas is striker or midfielder? :confused:

bochapsing
17-06-2013, 08:29 AM
If LS wants to leave juz let it be. No point retaining if the player's heart is no longer with the club. Why keep an unhappy player if he keeps sulking? Guess BR would have to start fr scratch to rebuild the team again.

Suarez juz scored a beauty....
tat should add another 5 million to his price tag... :p:p:p

Xgenre
17-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Dont know whether he is dumb or plain Stupid! As long as BR is the manager, his style will never fits in br's style of playing.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/26282-carroll-s-mega-liverpool-pay-out.php

He's not stupid. By stating his intention to fight for his place, he has signalled that the transfer isn't his idea. Because he didn't put in a transfer request, he is entitled to a pay-out. He said the things he did not because he wants to fight for a place in our team. He did it for contractual reasons.

Kenny Dalglish is really an idiotic manager. I was reading that Newcastle is entitled to 25% sell-on for Andy Carroll's transfer fee as part of the deal to bring Andy Carroll to Liverpool in Jan 2011. http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/newcastle-united-transfer-special-andy-carroll-in-last-chance-saloon-and-caldwell-return/28596/

That is why Andy Carroll kept waiting for Newcastle. If West Ham pays $15 million, Newcastle only need to pay $11.25 million. The main problem is that Newcastle might not be willing to match Andy Carroll's $100K per week wages.

hawksbay
18-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Suarez has been asked by Liverpool to put in a trfs request.... so far no clubs have made a move for him....... I think its better for him to move on.... can t say he did do the job for us...... sum times he carried us thru games...he just loved bpl style of football....

francined69
18-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Pity that the club, players n fans supported Luis Suarez. Oh well sell n use the profit to invest in players who have Liverpool at heart.

sex crusader
19-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Pity that the club, players n fans supported Luis Suarez. Oh well sell n use the profit to invest in players who have Liverpool at heart.

The only issue is the manager buy the wrong player. :cool:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
19-06-2013, 01:25 AM

If we had decent players providing good results...yes! We can make do w/o him.
Just like ..sadly to say w/o Rooney is still a good team.

We? W/o him, top 15 is a bloody challenge last season..with the kind of players and funds we currently have is negative.

It's a result based sports ...just not glory hunter type of fans needed tough

Grounded Eagle
19-06-2013, 01:36 AM
If we had decent players providing good results...yes! We can make do w/o him.
Just like ..sadly to say w/o Rooney is still a good team.

We? W/o him, top 15 is a bloody challenge last season..with the kind of players and funds we currently have is negative.

It's a result based sports ...just not glory hunter type of fans needed tough

Dun forget that LFC DID better in the games without him :)

HonkyTonkyMan
19-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Suarez has been asked by Liverpool to put in a trfs request.... so far no clubs have made a move for him....... I think its better for him to move on.... can t say he did do the job for us...... sum times he carried us thru games...he just loved bpl style of football....

Much as he has contributed in the terms of the goals but he too single handedly was the one who drag the club name through mud and so much controversy over the last couple of years. Just like Torres, if he wants to go then let him, no player is bigger then the club itself.

Dirk Kuyt
19-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Dun forget that LFC DID better in the games without him :)

Yah....Suarez playing style was beautiful and thrilling to watch him play but it is all flowery showmanship and no real penetrative threat...... and when he is not playing the rest of the team showed positive teamwork and attacking flair.
What Liverpool needs now is a clinical striker to put away those chances created. :p

francined69
19-06-2013, 07:04 PM
The only issue is the manager buy the wrong player. :cool:

well.............what to do?

my solution would be, bring in a capable and proven manager. 1st choice would be Jose Mourihno but gone to Chelsea now.

bring in Dutch Manager Louis Van Gaal as he is keen to coach in EPL. with his attacking style football it should be exciting to watch. :D

KangTuo
19-06-2013, 09:13 PM
What Liverpool needs now is a clinical striker to put away those chances created. :p

DS did alright

KangTuo
19-06-2013, 10:52 PM
well.............what to do?

my solution would be, bring in a capable and proven manager. 1st choice would be Jose Mourihno but gone to Chelsea now.

bring in Dutch Manager Louis Van Gaal as he is keen to coach in EPL. with his attacking style football it should be exciting to watch. :D

BR pass till cow come home style also nice to watch.

SH149
19-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Finally AC completed move to West Ham , signing a six years contract :)

francined69
19-06-2013, 11:23 PM

Nice to watch but result hard to swallow.

sex crusader
19-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Ya...think BR is coaching in the wrong league . He should be in bundesliga. Just like Taiwanese soap opera... U go to make a cup of coffe come back and still at the same scene.:D

owen10
20-06-2013, 01:28 AM
OPENING WEEK FIXTURES!

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Arsenal v Aston Villa
Chelsea v Hull
Crystal Palace v Tottenham
Liverpool v Stoke
Man City v Newcastle
Norwich v Everton
Sunderland v Fulham
Swansea v Man Utd
West Brom v Southampton
West Ham v Cardiff

Our first match should be considered 'easy'. No excuses for not getting 3 pts at home. Anything less will be a disastrous start to the season!

Guys, pls mark 31 August 2013 (SAT) on yr calendar which we'll play our most hated rivals at home. A win will boost our confidence a long long way.

Can't wait for the new season to start!

Lone_Wolf
20-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Saturday, 17 August 2013

Liverpool v Stoke

Our first match should be considered 'easy'. No excuses for not getting 3 pts at home. Anything less will be a disastrous start to the season!

Mark Hughes likes to park "the bus" in front of his goal in his away games......:D
It would be interesting to see whether this Liverpool team has the tactical nous to remove the bus and score.

hawksbay
20-06-2013, 07:15 PM
We seem like buying players left right and centre..... but who is leaving...... so far only AC is gone.... I don t think reina wants to move to barca,Suarez also not sure.....

Grounded Eagle
20-06-2013, 08:11 PM
We seem like buying players left right and centre..... but who is leaving...... so far only AC is gone.... I don t think reina wants to move to barca,Suarez also not sure.....

Dun need to worry about that...... the lelong clear out will begin when the players return from their holidays.

pomrakthai
21-06-2013, 12:11 AM

I think the manager will start to cold storage those who are earmarked to be replaced by those new players and had refused to leave Anfield........eventually they will feel the COLD and by January, most of those redundant ones will go by themselves.

BTW, I don't why BR is so difficult in selling of players .....just imagine the exodus of players during Benetiz last episode....so many left at one go. Am I right to think like this? :p

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-06-2013, 06:40 AM
We are going to sign another striker Luis..but this is Luis Alberto..:eek:

Not confident both will start whereby one of the Luis seems destined to go..:rolleyes:

Dirk Kuyt
21-06-2013, 09:01 AM
We are going to sign another striker Luis..but this is Luis Alberto..:eek:

Not confident both will start whereby one of the Luis seems destined to go..:rolleyes:

Luis Alberto is an Attacking Midfielder who can play the false 9 role well.... not a real striker.

With the players BR is bringing in or attempting to buy...... it seems like he is following the Spain model where they won the 2012 Euros without playing any striker...... all 6 midfielders are tasked with scoring duties.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Luis Alberto is an Attacking Midfielder who can play the false 9 role well.... not a real striker.

With the players BR is bringing in or attempting to buy...... it seems like he is following the Spain model where they won the 2012 Euros without playing any striker...... all 6 midfielders are tasked with scoring duties.

Tts y he got rid of crouchie I guess..his passing type of model don't need a out and out striker..need more of Barnes, Keegan type of players

CITY224
21-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Tts y he got rid of crouchie I guess..his passing type of model don't need a out and out striker..need more of Barnes, Keegan type of players

Liverpool can do a deed poll and change name to "Barcelona BPL" :p

francined69
22-06-2013, 10:59 AM
well at least BR is mentally prepared to let LS go and shoring up new players in advance and not go about last minute buys before deadline.

hawksbay
22-06-2013, 12:14 PM
well at least BR is mentally prepared to let LS go and shoring up new players in advance and not go about last minute buys before deadline.

Wat happens if LS is still ard...... (hope he stays and give us one more season) not many will come and sit on the bench,Reina as come out and said he s not leaving... so wat happens now with Liverpool agreeing a 11mil fee for the belgic keeper. Reina in his book mentioned that he nearly left liverpool 3 times,the first after Rafa left,arsenal came in with a 20mil bid... than CEO purslow rejected the bid telling reina that no one is for sale till they get a new buyer..... ., well its good if he stays cos the belgic keeper will keep him on his toes.... or BR is gonna force him out..( Reina is in high wage earner cat) (

owen10
22-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Liverpool near Luis Alberto capture

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1480820&src=desktop

Hope this Alberto is not another Borini. We used to have this promising youngster Pacheco, wonder why he wasn't given more chances to prove himself.

BR seems to be doin some revamping for the coming season. Mignolet, Aspas, Alberto ... and rumoured potential signings henrikh mkhitaryan fr shakhtar donetsk, Christian atsu fr Porto n sporting lisbon's tiago ilori.

It may well be a make or break season!

Grounded Eagle
22-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Liverpool near Luis Alberto capture

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1480820&src=desktop

Hope this Alberto is not another Borini. We used to have this promising youngster Pacheco, wonder why he wasn't given more chances to prove himself.

BR seems to be doin some revamping for the coming season. Mignolet, Aspas, Alberto ... and rumoured potential signings henrikh mkhitaryan fr shakhtar donetsk, Christian atsu fr Porto n sporting lisbon's tiago ilori.

It may well be a make or break season!

Pacheco is too light weight for the BPL..... he is technically gifted but shys away from the physical aspects of the game. Some time ago I read in One of the LFc blogs during KD's time about why he sent Pacheco out on loan.

There was a training game between the probables vs possibles and Pacheco took a crunching tackle by Jay Spearing who was the smallest player on the pitch that day..... immediately after that tackle Pacheco burst into tears. The game was stopped and the coaches feared for the worst that some injury may have occurred...... but there was nothing wrong with Pacheco at all!

Later when he was asked by KD why did he cry...... his reply stunned and infuriated KD that he put Pacheco up for loan saying no sissies will ever be playing for his team.

What did Pacheco say? - " because I was frightened and scared of being tackled"........ lol

The Milk Man
23-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Pacheco is too light weight for the BPL..... he is technically gifted but shys away from the physical aspects of the game. Some time ago I read in One of the LFc blogs during KD's time about why he sent Pacheco out on loan.

There was a training game between the probables vs possibles and Pacheco took a crunching tackle by Jay Spearing who was the smallest player on the pitch that day..... immediately after that tackle Pacheco burst into tears. The game was stopped and the coaches feared for the worst that some injury may have occurred...... but there was nothing wrong with Pacheco at all!

Later when he was asked by KD why did he cry...... his reply stunned and infuriated KD that he put Pacheco up for loan saying no sissies will ever be playing for his team.

What did Pacheco say? - " because I was frightened and scared of being tackled"........ lol

If that's the case sell him...... why keep him on the books and send out on loan?

The Milk Man
23-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Hope this Alberto is not another Borini.

Luis Alberto style is more similar to Coutinho....... I think BR bought him to alternate with Coutinho so as not to overwork him. If my guess is wrong..... then I dunno how BR is gonna fit both of them into the same team. :rolleyes:

owen10
23-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Luis Alberto style is more similar to Coutinho....... I think BR bought him to alternate with Coutinho so as not to overwork him. If my guess is wrong..... then I dunno how BR is gonna fit both of them into the same team. :rolleyes:

Sounds interesting bro. Juz like the season which DFMs Mascherano n Leiva played together to complement ea other?

Looks like an interesting overhaul by BR ... If we manage to sign the Porto n Sporting Lisbon guys I wonder where is our output other than AC? Got so much $$$ meh? Unless LS n Reina will be sold ... Which I don't hope so!

Xgenre
23-06-2013, 04:56 PM
We used to have this promising youngster Pacheco, wonder why he wasn't given more chances to prove himself.

I fear Pacheco is one of those promising youngsters who never blossom into the real deal. Given his current situation, if he is really any good, Rafa would have tried to buy him from us. Pacheco's current situation in Liverpool reminds me of Coutinho's situation in Inter. Pacheco might probably be a good player in a league that suits his style. Maybe we should sell him to a Dutch/Spanish/Italian team where there are lesser tackles.

Just sharing another interesting read. From: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-news-liverpool-1981879

Liverpool fear Real Madrid will wait until the end of August to make Luis Suarez transfer move. But a club insider insists the Reds are in a position of strength and will hold out for the £40million release clause in the striker's contract.

Liverpool have warned Real ­Madrid that they should put up or shut up over Luis Suarez. The Merseyside club are yet to receive an ­approach from ­Madrid about the want-away Uruguay striker and fear that the Spaniards will wait until the ­transfer ­window is about to close before launching a bid to get the player on the cheap.

With Suarez scheduled to miss the first six games of next season after being ­suspended for 10 games for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic – a ban that would still be enforced if he left the Premier League – ­Madrid are in no rush.

By making a move at the end of August, they could save on wages, which would need to be in excess of the £120,000-a-week he earns at Anfield. (WTF!) :mad:

And if they make a bid that is less than the £40million buy-out clause in Suarez’s ­contract, the Spanish giants know Liverpool would have to decide whether they should accept the offer or keep an unhappy player.

A Liverpool insider said: “Everyone here remembers how Real behaved in 2004, when they came in with a very late bid for Michael Owen after a ­summer of constant ­speculation. They got the player for £7m, which was a fraction of his real value.“The difference is that Michael only had one year left on his contact while Luis has three.

“This time we feel we are negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness, and the £40m clause in Luis’ contract would only give a club the right to speak to him.”Kop boss Brendan Rodgers added: “The club is in complete ­control of the situation.“Luis is away with the Uruguay squad at the moment and we’re ­messaging him.”

Suarez is scheduled to link up with ­Liverpool for their ­pre-season friendly in Bangkok on July 28.Six days later, he will face the fans when they host Olympiakos in Steven Gerrard’s ­testimonial at Anfield.

CTOA3954
23-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Sounds interesting bro. Juz like the season which DFMs Mascherano n Leiva played together to complement ea other?

Looks like an interesting overhaul by BR ... If we manage to sign the Porto n Sporting Lisbon guys I wonder where is our output other than AC? Got so much $$$ meh? Unless LS n Reina will be sold ... Which I don't hope so!

I think BR is trying to have two quality players for each position. Money wise I would not worry too much as I understand that LFC has some big sponsorship money coming in :D

Dun be surprised if you see another brand name at the stadium on our home games. :p

Arsenal sold the naming rights to Emirates for £100million....... I wonder how much did Liverpool sell theirs?

owen10
23-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I think BR is trying to have two quality players for each position. Money wise I would not worry too much as I understand that LFC has some big sponsorship money coming in :D

Dun be surprised if you see another brand name at the stadium on our home games. :p

Arsenal sold the naming rights to Emirates for £100million....... I wonder how much did Liverpool sell theirs?

hey bro, not seen u here b4.

welcum welcum to the big family!!! :D

anyways all our rivals are splurging on quality signings. we better do something before we fall further in the pecking order. i hope the LS mystery would be resolved asap, whether he goes or not. dun wanna see him kena sold last minute on the cheap like Owen! :mad:

hawksbay
24-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Pepe Reina to be Liverpool No 2 if he stays as Simon Mignolet arrives at Anfield

The Spanish goalkeeper is facing a season on the bench unless he finds a new club, with £11m Mignolet set to become Reds' first-choice stopper

Pepe Reina will be banished to the Liverpool bench if he stays at Anfield.

Kop boss Brendan Rodgers has assured Simon Mignolet that he will become his No 1 keeper once the £11million move from Sunderland is completed next week .

And that will put pressure on Spanish stopper Reina to find another club - or brace himself for life amongst Liverpool’s substitutes. LOOKS LIKE REINA IS ON THE WAY OUT.....

Dirk Kuyt
24-06-2013, 02:48 AM
And that will put pressure on Spanish stopper Reina to find another club - or brace himself for life amongst Liverpool’s substitutes. LOOKS LIKE REINA IS ON THE WAY OUT.....

If Reina does leave Liverpool it will not be for footballing reasons. BR has stated that Reina is a world class goalkeeper any manager would want in his team and Reina suits Liverpool's playing style. But Reina is a joker and prankster and BR has enough of his antics in training and the dressing room.
BR is an old fashioned manager schooled in the British system and does not tolerate this type of behavior.

hawksbay
24-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Pepe Reina welcomes Mignolet to Liverpool

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has welcomed imminent new signing Simon Mignolet to the club.
Speaking at a press conference ahead of Spain’s Confederations Cup match with Nigeria tonight (8pm kick off UK), Reina was quizzed on Mignolet’s arrival after manager Brendan Rodgers had explained how the Belgian was arriving to add competition in the squad.

Reina was asked if his situation had changed and supplied a professional response:

“It hasn’t changed a bit. I’ve said it many times and I’m really happy and comfortable in Liverpool and every team needs competitors and when it’s positive and encouraging one it’s more than welcome.

If he’s [Mignolet] finally done, just to welcome him a lot and anything he needs, I’m here.”

Reina’s future has understandably come under question in light of Mignolet’s imminent arrival – the Sunderland man is expected to undergo a medical on Tuesday and complete a £9m move.

Rodgers yesterday insisted Mignolet was arriving to add competition in the position, but those words should perhaps be taken with a pinch of salt, as explained here.

Meanwhile, Mignolet’s ‘representative’ Guy Vandermissen has claimed a deal is yet complete. He is quoted by Sky Sports:“We hope that there can be a deal and he can go to Liverpool.

“If you go from Sunderland to Liverpool it is a big step forward. You have to make decisions at certain times.”

“I know the qualities of Simon and he can cope with any competition, it is no problem.”

Reina’s Liverpool future is largely dependent upon Victor Valdes’ – should he leave Barcelona, Reina would find a return to Camp Nou hard to turn down and Liverpool have already signed a replacement in that case with Mignolet.

Prudent planning, or forcing Pepe out?

hawksbay
24-06-2013, 07:16 AM
The problem with Luis – Brendan Rodgers breaks silence on Suarez situation

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has attempted to reassure fans that the club are “in control” of the developing story of Luis Suarez’s future on Merseyside.

Suarez has been linked with big money move to Real Madrid this summer, and quotes from the Uruguayan international himself have suggested his time in England is up.

Just last week it was reported that Liverpool will make Suarez hand in a transfer request to force him into forfeiting a £1million loyalty bonus, should he want to leave.

But Rodgers says that he has been in contact with Suarez and sees the 26-year-old as an integral part of his squad’s immediate future.

Speaking to radio station talkSPORT on Saturday, Rodgers said, “I haven’t spoke to him, We’ve exchanged messages. For me it’s quite simple. The club is in control of the situation.

“We’re in a situation that we’ve got a player that we don’t want to lose and Suarez is important to the team we’re building.”

“The problem is with Luis, he says he loves Liverpool, the people and the city, but that doesn’t get reported much.”

The Sunday Mirror report that Liverpool are fearing Real Madrid will leave it late to launch their bid for Suarez, in order to get his price down. The saga could run for another two months yet.

hawksbay
24-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Rodgers: Pepe knows my plans, Mignolet is competition

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Pepe Reina is fully aware of his plans and that Simon Mignolet is arriving as competition for the Spanish goalkeeper.

Rodgers was speaking to radio station TalkSport on Saturday afternoon when he explained that Reina is “fully aware” of his plans and that the two went for a meal a few months ago when the manager explained that he would targeting a goalkeeper this summer to give him competition.

“Pepe Reina and I went out for a meal a couple of months before the end of the season and I told him exactly what we were going to do, which was to provide real competition in that area.

“He was fully aware of my intention of the course of the last few months. It certainly wouldn’t be a surprise to Pepe.

“Pepe is a fantastic goalkeeper but Simon Mignolet is a player that has done really well.

“He’s also part of an emerging Belgium squad that has come into a golden era. He’s very much a part of that.

“When you work with Pepe he’s a great man. A very committed man to the club and he’s an outstanding goalkeeper.”

Rodgers has previously explained his desire for three goalkeepers in his squad.

Of course, Rodgers confirming the Mignolet deal and claiming that he wants to bring in the Belgian as competition for Reina does not necessarily mean that will happen. No manager is going to admit that Reina is being allowed to leave and thus put the bidding club in a stronger bargaining position. Rodgers denied that Andy Carroll would be leaving last summer.

Likewise, the likelihood of Mignolet joining Liverpool to be reserve keeper a year before the World Cup seems remote. His agent Nico Vaesen was recently quoted explaining “He [Mignolet] is very ambitious and wants to play in the World Cup, in Brazil, next year.”

Add in that Brad Jones signed a new “long-term” contract in December and that Liverpool aren’t in Europe next season either and again the likelihood of keeping Reina and signing Mignolet seems slim. Can you name any club with a £10m reserve keeper, who aren’t in Europe?! Rodgers’ words should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Xgenre
24-06-2013, 11:13 AM
If Reina does leave Liverpool it will not be for footballing reasons.

Why not for footballing reasons? The World Cup is in 2014. If Reina is benched next season, he will not retain his place in the Spanish squad. Given the quality of the Spanish squad, I think they might just win the 2014 World Cup as well. I think Reina will leave for footballing reasons.

hawksbay
24-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Why not for footballing reasons? The World Cup is in 2014. If Reina is benched next season, he will not retain his place in the Spanish squad. Given the quality of the Spanish squad, I think they might just win the 2014 World Cup as well. I think Reina will leave for footballing reasons.

Signs of 1982 when clemence left when BG was bought to challenge him.....will be sad to see him go... he s such a big character... a leader.

sex crusader
24-06-2013, 05:35 PM
If Reina does leave Liverpool it will not be for footballing reasons. BR has stated that Reina is a world class goalkeeper any manager would want in his team and Reina suits Liverpool's playing style. But Reina is a joker and prankster and BR has enough of his antics in training and the dressing room.
BR is an old fashioned manager schooled in the British system and does not tolerate this type of behavior.

This manager talk ck Ler. If he wants him to stay then wtf he went and buy a 11 mil gk. 11 mil for a gk is fucking exp. not logical to buy a exp gk to warm the bench Tio bor?

CTOA3954
25-06-2013, 12:09 AM
hey bro, not seen u here b4.

welcum welcum to the big family!!! :D

anyways all our rivals are splurging on quality signings.

I was never far from this thread but sometimes too disappointed to post after the dismal performance of Liverpool last season. The players BR has been signing are rather youngish and I believe it will take a couple more seasons before Liverpool can make a serious challenge for any trophy.

CTOA3954
25-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Signs of 1982 when clemence left when BG was bought to challenge him.....will be sad to see him go... he s such a big character... a leader.

BG? Who is he?

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-06-2013, 12:17 AM
The one and only animated grobberlaar I guess..

Reina's form has dipped slightly last 2 season..no more CL is a big blow to one who is fighting against another top 2 Spanish keepers in nxt year WC.

Football is like that, one screwed up season and you are gone..who cares how much time you have left in your contract, contract nowadays are useless, can sign for 5 years but 6mths later you can be gone..it's a money grabbing business..must perform and make loads of money in a short term footballing career.

Reina will earn more elsewhere..same for LS..

As fans, we just sit back and enjoy..but with this mgr, enjoy comes from beneath ..

Grounded Eagle
25-06-2013, 12:21 AM
The one and only animated grobberlaar I guess..

Reina's form has dipped slightly last 2 season..no more CL is a big blow to one who is fighting against another top 2 Spanish keepers in nxt year WC.

Football is like that, one screwed up season and you are gone..who cares how much time you have left in your contract, contract nowadays are useless, can sign for 5 years but 6mths later you can be gone..it's a money grabbing business..must perform and make loads of money in a short term footballing career.

Reina will earn more elsewhere..same for LS..

As fans, we just sit back and enjoy..but with this mgr, enjoy comes from beneath ..

Anyone going to catch Liverpool's games in LOS and Jakarta next month?
How about organizing a group trip?

Flinty
25-06-2013, 03:36 AM
BG? Who is he?

That should be Bruce Grobbelar if I am not wrong.

NZL97
25-06-2013, 01:00 PM
i think BR is trying to create more depth in his squad with players that can fit into his 4-1-4-1 style of player as is evident of his purchase of aspas & luis alberto as both these players can play anywhere along the front three.
this new players are not your proven household names but so is coutihno & sturridge & they have proven to be shrewd signings. Furthermore this players will not sulk if they did not perform n have to sit in the bench compared to the big name players.

i think if we maintain the core group of players from last season n add in some potential good young players, we can definately improved on last season league standings & move closer to the top 4 n our improved second half showing last season after our january signings is proof of that.

after mignolet, i hope we can procure another good CB, LB & DM (to provide cover & competition for lucas) n we should be all set for the new season ahead.....................YNWA

Flinty
25-06-2013, 01:23 PM
i think BR is trying to create more depth in his squad with players that can fit into his 4-1-4-1 style of player as is evident of his purchase of aspas & luis alberto as both these players can play anywhere along the front three.
this new players are not your proven household names but so is coutihno & sturridge & they have proven to be shrewd signings. Furthermore this players will not sulk if they did not perform n have to sit in the bench compared to the big name players.

i think if we maintain the core group of players from last season n add in some potential good young players, we can definately improved on last season league standings & move closer to the top 4 n our improved second half showing last season after our january signings is proof of that.

after mignolet, i hope we can procure another good CB, LB & DM (to provide cover & competition for lucas) n we should be all set for the new season ahead.....................YNWA

Our Captain Marvel Stevie is likely to be converted into a DM. He no longer has the legs to play AM. But we need a CB urgently as Toure cannot play every match either. He has to be managed carefully like Spurs Ledley King, play 1 game need to rest 2 game otherwise injury sets in.

NZL97
25-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Our Captain Marvel Stevie is likely to be converted into a DM. He no longer has the legs to play AM. But we need a CB urgently as Toure cannot play every match either. He has to be managed carefully like Spurs Ledley King, play 1 game need to rest 2 game otherwise injury sets in.

no lah, stevie G also dont have the legs to be a DM as well, he was deployed as a holding midfielder last season to ctrl the midfield n to link from defense to attack, which is y he hardly attack the opposition box now n also y he is the only liverpool player to play all the league games (save for the last 2 games),thks to this position.

i was hoping that BR would convert martin kelly into a CB where he was at youth level n also to prevent injuries as he was a very good defender. but we definately need a new DM & LB to provide cover & create competition for lucas & enrique...............YNWA

sex crusader
25-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Skyrtel cam play cb or Lb. he can aso attack like Agger . Just because he got one lousy season doesn't mean he is doomed. Hope he stays...good player. Our mid field is over crowded Liao . But this suit this manager 's style. Passing game! All possession but no goal for fark!

Grounded Eagle
25-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Skyrtel cam play cb or Lb. he can aso attack like Agger . Just because he got one lousy season doesn't mean he is doomed. Hope he stays...good player. Our mid field is over crowded Liao . But this suit this manager 's style. Passing game! All possession but no goal for fark!

Skrtel was sidelined because he does not stick to BR's gameplans. JC was more tactically aware and disciplined enough to follow instructions. That was why he was chosen over Skrtel even though he loses out to Skrtel in the physical department. Skrtel's gungho aggressive style often left gaps in the Liverpool defence. :mad:

Dirk Kuyt
26-06-2013, 01:53 AM
no lah, stevie G also dont have the legs to be a DM as well, he was deployed as a holding midfielder last season to ctrl the midfield n to link from defense to attack, which is y he hardly attack the opposition box now

DM is not holding midfielder? :confused:

sex crusader
26-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Skrtel was sidelined because he does not stick to BR's gameplans. JC was more tactically aware and disciplined enough to follow instructions. That was why he was chosen over Skrtel even though he loses out to Skrtel in the physical department. Skrtel's gungho aggressive style often left gaps in the Liverpool defence. :mad:

No doubt jc is good but age is the factor. He is just too slow at his age. Well , BR 's plan is just passing the ball around ma. That's why he needs to crowd the midfield. Boring...yawn.

NZL97
26-06-2013, 10:58 AM
DM is not holding midfielder? :confused:

technically yes but what i m trying to say is gerrard not the DM type of player, i.e. a destroyer like lucas & mascherano but a technical holding mid that control the midfield & spray good passes to start an attack like alonso used to do...........btw hope we can sign wanyama, looks like anor yahya toure, he is only 21 yrs old & available at only 10 million pounds..........& score loads of goals as well.........definately an upgrade over lucas.................YNWA

justintan483
26-06-2013, 11:36 AM
liverpool live forever .... ROCKZ!:D:D:D:cool:

Dirk Kuyt
26-06-2013, 06:43 PM
technically yes but what i m trying to say is gerrard not the DM type of player, i.e. a destroyer like lucas & mascherano but a technical holding mid that control the midfield & spray good passes to start an attack like alonso used to do...........btw hope we can sign wanyama, looks like anor yahya toure, he is only 21 yrs old & available at only 10 million pounds..........& score loads of goals as well.........definately an upgrade over lucas.................YNWA

The price is now 12m :D
Wanyama has rejected Southampton although Celtic accepted their offer...... it is obvious he wants to go to a leading club like Liverpool :p

Grounded Eagle
28-06-2013, 12:31 AM
The price is now 12m :D
Wanyama has rejected Southampton although Celtic accepted their offer...... it is obvious he wants to go to a leading club like Liverpool :p

Looks like BR has lost his man.... Wanyama accepts Southampton move :mad:

The search for defenders does not bode well for Liverpool as their intended targets have all moved or are going to other clubs with the exception of old man Toure.

Lone_Wolf
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Is BR going to change the entire Liverpool team?
We already have bought Kolo, Aspas, Mignolet, Alberto.... with Mithayan expected to be confirmed after his medical...... and yet BR says he wants to buy some more players. :rolleyes:

bochapsing
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Liverpool Football Club have confirmed Jonjo Shelvey has completed a transfer to Swansea City.

hate to see him goes, althou 6 mil pound looked quite a good price, but again he is a England full international and yet tom ince is priced at 8.5mil..?!!

thot he will one day become a decent player, with a good passing range and a powerful shot as well... and he is only 21yo. feel tat a season loan to another epl club is better, just in case he turns out good...

hope we includes a buy back clause...

good luck jonjo.... but not when playing against us...

The Milk Man
05-07-2013, 09:27 PM
We already have bought Kolo, Aspas, Mignolet, Alberto.... with Mithayan expected to be confirmed after his medical...... and yet BR says he wants to buy some more players. :rolleyes:

Dun seems like anymore new players coming in...... the selling clubs have wised up and are demanding more money from Liverpool for the players.

BR has already given up on Atsu (Porto), Papadoulous (Schalke), Williams (Swansea) because he is not willing to pay above their value........ and looks like Mkhitaryan is gone too (Shaktar wants €31m) whom BR is willingly to pay €25m max only.

Only target left with a chance is Toby from Ajax...... hope we can get him :)

Olduncle
06-07-2013, 04:32 PM
what do you guys tink the min. target will be for BR and liverpool nxt season ?

to me qualifying for the CL shld be the min. and bonus will be 2 cups. In the BPL we are no longer considered in the top 4 ! with spurs and AVB getting use to the english game and martinez at everton with something to prove becos he was not chosen for the mgr job even swansea and west ham also chasing us......

There is some unknown quality moyes 1st season at man u, mourinho return to chelski, new mgr at man c, but arsene seems in the mood to buy quality players. next season going to be tough !!!! BUT BR no excuses tis is your team YNWA

Xgenre
06-07-2013, 11:54 PM
We already have bought Kolo, Aspas, Mignolet, Alberto.... with Mithayan expected to be confirmed after his medical...... and yet BR says he wants to buy some more players.

We have one of the smallest playing squads in the Premier League last year. The kids were playing because there was really not many other options. Thankfully, some of the kids did well.

Kolo replaces Carra, Aspas replaces Shelvey so there is no addition to the squad in both cases. If we get another central defender, maybe we can use him to replace Coates too.

I really think we need more players. If I remember correctly, home-grown talent under the age of 22 does not need to fall in the squad quota of 25.

owen10
09-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Arsenal bid for Suarez rejected - reports

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1493878/arsenal-bid-suarez-rejected---reports?cc=4716

I hope the English clubs will stop disturbing Suarez. If Suarez really signs for an EPL team, he's really dishonest. Rembr, his main reason for leaving Pool was the English media.

iFuck
09-07-2013, 02:45 AM

Jerzy Dudek lost his place in the Polish World cup squad the same way. Don't know why Rafa Benitez hate him so much. He play an important role in winning the CL in 2005.
He only got chance to play when Renia was injured or suspended.

BigAllan
09-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Jerzy Dudek lost his place in the Polish World cup squad the same way. Don't know why Rafa Benitez hate him so much. He play an important role in winning the CL in 2005.
He only got chance to play when Renia was injured or suspended.

Dudek was a clown in the dressing room. Benitez is a no nonsense guy.
Oil and water dun mix well.

BigAllan
09-07-2013, 03:06 AM
If I remember correctly, home-grown talent under the age of 22 does not need to fall in the squad quota of 25.

They have to be with the club for the past 3 consequetive years and not over the age of 22 on 1st January to be considered as a home-grown talent.

qw2op
14-07-2013, 01:15 AM
watched liverpool vs preston north end 2nd half live juz now (was watching other channels earlier) ...

wen me switched over, score was oredi 2-0 in liverpool's favor ... n juz in time 2 c sterling 1-on-1 wif ze goalie b4 rounding him 2 score ...

aspas scored a 4th ... he was having ze bol outside ze penalty area ... me was tinking dat he wud make a pass ... but out of ze bleu, ze bol was in ze net from a powerful shot ... ze goalie looked caught-off-guard wif ze shot ...

final score was 4-0 ...

luis alberto looked gud in tis match ... he is a player who can score gols from outside ze penalty area ... tink he wil b n excellent buy if he can take on ze bullies in ze epl ...

aspas is a player who can score wif both feet and head, from inside n outside ze penalty area ... he made n assist in tis match as well wif his pass 2 sterling ... he looked gud in tis match, but wat counts is whether he can score in epl matches ...

aspas's gol ...

http://www.theliverpoolword.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/9277743022_d1463a9370_o.gif

Dirk Kuyt
14-07-2013, 10:34 PM
luis alberto looked gud in tis match ... he is a player who can score gols from outside ze penalty area ... tink he wil b n excellent buy if he can take on ze bullies in ze epl ...

aspas is a player who can score wif both feet and head, from inside n outside ze penalty area ... he made n assist in tis match as well wif his pass 2 sterling ... he looked gud in tis match, but wat counts is whether he can score in epl matches

Luis Alberto is the exact carbon copy of Coutinho..... I think BR will alternate the 2 of them.

Aspas is a trier.... and much better than Borini imho. :)
For a striker it is important that they try for goal at every available opportunity.... and Aspas has this trait. :p

sex crusader
14-07-2013, 11:42 PM
He better lives up the no. 9 jersey.what happen to skrytel? Suddenly so quiet!

The Milk Man
15-07-2013, 04:21 AM
He better lives up the no. 9 jersey.what happen to skrytel? Suddenly so quiet!

Skrtel is looking for a way out but it seems like nobody wants him.

Aspas is looking good so far..... hope he can reproduce the same form when the BPL starts.

sex crusader
15-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Skrtel is looking for a way out but it seems like nobody wants him.

Aspas is looking good so far..... hope he can reproduce the same form when the BPL starts.

He should stay . He and agger formed a strong backline for pool.

Campro
15-07-2013, 01:35 PM
He should stay . He and agger formed a strong backline for pool.

Liverpool have Kolo now..... he and Agger complement each other.
Both are thinking players while Skrtel is a destroyer type..... all aggro and no tactical sense.

sex crusader
15-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Liverpool have Kolo now..... he and Agger complement each other.
Both are thinking players while Skrtel is a destroyer type..... all aggro and no tactical sense.

How do u know that they can click? Toure is 32 Liao....can he play every single game? Did u know skrytel saved us how many games in the 11-12 season? He is just like sammi hypia...intercept the ball well. :rolleyes:

Ninja_Assassin
15-07-2013, 10:38 PM
How do u know that they can click? Toure is 32 Liao....can he play every single game? Did u know skrytel saved us how many games in the 11-12 season? He is just like sammi hypia...intercept the ball well. :rolleyes:

FYI... 32 is not old.
Do you know the operational mean age of the elite SAS is 32-35? That is the optimum period for a well trained athlete or soldier.
And the mean age of the SEAL team that killed Osama Bin Laden was 34.4 :D
If you look after your body and trained properly..... 32 is still bloody young.

I do not agree that Skrtel is like Hypia...... Hypha is superb at reading the game so his positional sense makes it easy for him to intercept the balls..... whereas Skrtel is just aggressive and gungho which suited KD's long ball game.

The Liverpool playing style is now more tactical and the CBs are expected to be involved in moving out and playing the ball. I doubt Skrtel is able to do that.
Kolo is an intelligent player..... has been since his Arsenal days and he is tactically sound and knowledgeable. I would prefer to pair him with Agger too. :p

naemlo
15-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Rumors,

1) Arsenal will increase its bid for Suarez
2) Real Madrid will exchange Higuain and cash with Suarez.

Option 2 is good. Resolves this early and concentrate on defenders....

owen10
16-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Rumors,

agree bro. no point keeping a player whose heart is already elsewhere.

also better to see him off in another league rather than the pain of watchin him score against us in EPL huh?

BigAllan
16-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Rumors,

RM trying to get Suarez on the cheap like they did for Michael Owen.

12M + Higuain = Suarez?
Surely this Uruguayan vampire is worth more than that!

Aresnal's 35M bid is a tad too low.

I'd say fuck them both stingy clubs..... we keep Suarez :)

sex crusader
16-07-2013, 09:46 AM
FYI... 32 is not old.
Do you know the operational mean age of the elite SAS is 32-35? That is the optimum period for a well trained athlete or soldier.
And the mean age of the SEAL team that killed Osama Bin Laden was 34.4 :D
If you look after your body and trained properly..... 32 is still bloody young.

I do not agree that Skrtel is like Hypia...... Hypha is superb at reading the game so his positional sense makes it easy for him to intercept the balls..... whereas Skrtel is just aggressive and gungho which suited KD's long ball game.

The Liverpool playing style is now more tactical and the CBs are expected to be involved in moving out and playing the ball. I doubt Skrtel is able to do that.
Kolo is an intelligent player..... has been since his Arsenal days and he is tactically sound and knowledgeable. I would prefer to pair him with Agger too. :p

LOL...comparing to navy seal. Seal was trained to aim one kill at a time and these footballer got to run 90 mins on the pitch . who is more physical consuming? SG is getting slower as days go by and is not that agrresive as he used to be although tactically he is still there. JC was a tat too slow few years ago when he was 32-33 and thats why he missed most of the starting 11.So u are ssaying Kolo can run like a bull and read the ball like a hawk eye as he used to be at a tender age of 32? A clear example would be Roger federer..what tactical is with this pool nowadays? it was merely passing the ball till the cow come home and not scoring. Most of the games we got 70% ball poseesion and still lose the game.

naemlo
16-07-2013, 01:45 PM
also better to see him off in another league rather than the pain of watchin him score against us in EPL huh?

Yes go go go, dun waste time if no desire to stay...

RM trying to get Suarez on the cheap like they did for Michael Owen.

12M + Higuain = Suarez?
Surely this Uruguayan vampire is worth more than that!

Aresnal's 35M bid is a tad too low.

I'd say fuck them both stingy clubs..... we keep Suarez :)

Arsenal is desperate to sign a top striker to boast the current team, bidding for Higuain and Suarez, hopefully able to trigger the Suarez's release clause but this will be slapped on Suarez's face cause he "hates British Media". :D

I dun mind seeing Higuain to Anfield if the exchange conditions are right.

Grounded Eagle
16-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes go go go, dun waste time if no desire to stay...

Arsenal is desperate to sign a top striker to boast the current team, bidding for Higuain and Suarez, hopefully able to trigger the Suarez's release clause but this will be slapped on Suarez's face cause he "hates British Media". :D

I dun mind seeing Higuain to Anfield if the exchange conditions are right.

You think Higuain can fit into the present Liverpool team? I watched him play and he is like Andy Carroll..... the traditional style centre forward.

naemlo
16-07-2013, 02:02 PM
You think Higuain can fit into the present Liverpool team? I watched him play and he is like Andy Carroll..... the traditional style centre forward.

Liverpool bought Carroll thinking he can score. RM bought Owen thinking he can score. Chelsea bought Torres thinking he can score. These clubs had 1 of the best manager, best scouting team, best coaching team but end of the day, the players failed to deliver.

Who on earth can think who can fit :D

Hurricane88
16-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Liverpool bought Carroll thinking he can score. RM bought Owen thinking he can score. Chelsea bought Torres thinking he can score. These clubs had 1 of the best manager, best scouting team, best coaching team but end of the day, the players failed to deliver.

Money $$$ seem to fit egoistic players...who is Owen or Torres without Liverpool...:confused:

KangTuo
19-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Rumors,

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/arsenal/id/1844?cc=4716

if this is true...option2 is good deal.

"People claim that he's a much better player than Higuain. This piece of analysis from Arsenal blogger 7amkickoff proves that the Argentine is a much more efficient striker. He scored fewer goals last season but also with far fewer shots. He spent last season rotating with Karim Benzema (part of why he wants to leave), and sharing a team with Cristiano Ronaldo - Suarez was Liverpool's only real goal threat. Higuain still got 19 goals from 30 starts.

The season before last, Higuain scored 32 goals in all competitions to Suarez's 17. 'Higuain doesn't do it in the Champions League', they say. Suarez hasn't played in the Champions League since 2010 where he got one goal in five games (but still managed three yellow cards in that same period).

So to suggest Suarez is a far superior player to Higuain is a long way off the mark."

The Milk Man
19-07-2013, 01:15 AM
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/arsenal/id/1844?cc=4716

if this is true...option2 is good deal.

"People claim that he's a much better player than Higuain. This piece of analysis from Arsenal blogger 7amkickoff proves that the Argentine is a much more efficient striker. He scored fewer goals last season but also with far fewer shots. He spent last season rotating with Karim Benzema (part of why he wants to leave), and sharing a team with Cristiano Ronaldo - Suarez was Liverpool's only real goal threat. Higuain still got 19 goals from 30 starts.

The season before last, Higuain scored 32 goals in all competitions to Suarez's 17. 'Higuain doesn't do it in the Champions League', they say. Suarez hasn't played in the Champions League since 2010 where he got one goal in five games (but still managed three yellow cards in that same period).

So to suggest Suarez is a far superior player to Higuain is a long way off the mark."

Who is better is subjective..... it would also depends on the team's playing systems and whether the peg fits the hole?

Suarez's strength lies in his ability to create openings for himself and pull defenses apart for his teammates whereas Higuain is a fox in the box......

Higuain will only be effective if he has capable teammates feeding him for the final finishing touch...... Suarez does not need to rely on his teammates for scoring opportunities.

In BR's present system...... every player is multitasking and switching roles when the game is on..... so a fox in the box like Higuain will be a liability to the team play instead..... that was the reason why Andy Carroll was offloaded too.

If we are playing to BR's system.... I would prefer to have Suarez.
If we are playing to KD's typical British style...... then I would plumb for Higuain.

:p

YNWA

:p

naemlo
19-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Rumors,

1) Arsenal is preparing 40 mil bid for Suarez.
2) Baca is preparing 12 mil bid for Aggar.
3) Napoli is interested to sign Reina for the reunion.

pomrakthai
19-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Rumors,

1) Arsenal is preparing 40 mil bid for Suarez.
2) Baca is preparing 12 mil bid for Aggar.
3) Napoli is interested to sign Reina for the reunion.

Walaoeh, nearly going for "full blood transfusion" leh :eek:

HonkyTonkyMan
19-07-2013, 07:46 PM

Actually I thought Owen was doing ok at RM as his score rate was quite good even though he was used most of the time as a sub...

naemlo
19-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Liverpool thinking of another mid fielder, Hatem Ben Arfa :eek: Another rumor, left back Aly Cissokho,

Grounded Eagle
19-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Liverpool thinking of another mid fielder, Hatem Ben Arfa :eek: Another rumor, left back Aly Cissokho,

From the players that BR is targeting it seems like he is preparing to play the 3-5-2 system....... maybe that's why he needs so many midfielders.

qw2op
20-07-2013, 08:21 PM
indonesia vs liverpool starting @ 9:30pm ...

liverpool lineup: ...
mignolet ...
johnson, toure, agger, jose enrique ...
lucas, gerrard, luis alberto ...
downing, coutinho, aspas ...

13 subs on bench ...
jones, assaidi, henderson, spearing, allen, borini, sterling, kelly, skrtel, flanagan, wisdom, robinson, ibe ...

watch it live! ...

qw2op
20-07-2013, 09:42 PM
indonesia vs liverpool ...coutinho scored after 9+ min ...

after losing 7-0 2 arsenal, indonesia got 7 players sent home n called up others ...

commentator sucks! ... din even do his homework n get his facts rite ...
ok la .. he said he's a german, a coach n asked 2 b commentator 4 tis match ...

---

went 2 shower a minit b4 halftime ... cum back now, 85+ min, score stil 1-0 ...

indonesia plays wif 9 men bhind ze bol ...

---

sterling has scored @ 87+ min 2 make it 2-0 ... from a swift counterattack ...

liverpool players totally outran indonesian players so much so dat it was 3 liverpool players vs ze goalie ...

---

final score - 0-2 ...

---

watch gols ...

philippe coutinho 1-0 vs indonesia (http://youtu.be/xT9i8xwisX0)

raheem sterling gol vs indonesia (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1241r7_raheem-sterling-goal-vs-indonesia-xi_creation)

Lone_Wolf
21-07-2013, 04:23 AM
indonesia vs liverpool starting @ 9:30pm ...

mignolet ...
johnson, toure, agger, jose enrique ...
lucas, gerrard, luis alberto ...
downing, coutinho, aspas ...

13 subs on bench ...
jones, assaidi, henderson, spearing, allen, borini, sterling, kelly, skrtel, flanagan, wisdom, robinson, ibe ...

watch it live! ...

If this is supposed to be the 1st team that BR is fielding to compete in the coming season..... sibeh jialat leh..... I think they will end up mid table again.

owen10
21-07-2013, 11:02 AM
A bit surprised Reina moved on loan rather than a permanent move elsewhere. Guess his heart may still be with Pool. Play regularly with a top club now to secure place in World Cup next year, afterwhich return back to Pool n retire. 2nd fiddle also nvm!

--------------
Serie A - Reina agrees Napoli loan move
Pepe Reina has agreed a season-long loan from Liverpool to Napoli and will complete the move in the next few days, according to Eurosport Spain.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-reina-set-join-napoli-081215478.html

hawksbay
22-07-2013, 12:51 PM
A bit surprised Reina moved on loan rather than a permanent move elsewhere. Guess his heart may still be with Pool. Play regularly with a top club now to secure place in World Cup next year, afterwhich return back to Pool n retire. 2nd fiddle also nvm!

--------------
Serie A - Reina agrees Napoli loan move
Pepe Reina has agreed a season-long loan from Liverpool to Napoli and will complete the move in the next few days, according to Eurosport Spain.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-reina-set-join-napoli-081215478.html

BR is letting him go cos of money..... so all this keeping the gks on their toes was all bullshit....how can he consider SM first choice..... why loan? Why don't they just sell him.smells like another Carroll......napoli will end up buying him for nothing. Same thing happened long time ago when RC left in a huff after paisely signed BG.

hawksbay
22-07-2013, 12:56 PM
coutinho scored after 9+ min ...

after losing 7-0 2 arsenal, indonesia got 7 players sent home n called up others ...

commentator sucks! ... din even do his homework n get his facts rite ...
ok la .. he said he's a german, a coach n asked 2 b commentator 4 tis match ...

---

went 2 shower a minit b4 halftime ... cum back now, 85+ min, score stil 1-0 ...

indonesia plays wif 9 men bhind ze bol ...

---

sterling has scored @ 87+ min 2 make it 2-0 ... from a swift counterattack ...

liverpool players totally outran indonesian players so much so dat it was 3 liverpool players vs ze goalie ...

---

final score - 0-2 ...

---

watch gols ...

philippe coutinho 1-0 vs indonesia (http://youtu.be/xT9i8xwisX0)

raheem sterling gol vs indonesia (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1241r7_raheem-sterling-goal-vs-indonesia-xi_creation)
Boy that must have been a long shower :)

Dirk Kuyt
22-07-2013, 01:39 PM
BR is letting him go cos of money..... so all this keeping the gks on their toes was all bullshit....how can he consider SM first choice..... why loan? Why don't they just sell him.smells like another Carroll......napoli will end up buying him for nothing. Same thing happened long time ago when RC left in a huff after paisely signed BG.

A bit surprised Reina moved on loan rather than a permanent move elsewhere. Guess his heart may still be with Pool. Play regularly with a top club now to secure place in World Cup next year, afterwhich return back to Pool n retire. 2nd fiddle also nvm!]

Yes it's all about money...... Benitez wants to buy him but Napoli does not have the money. :D

hawksbay
22-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes it's all about money...... Benitez wants to buy him but Napoli does not have the money. :D

Wat u mean by napoli got no money..... they just sold cavani to psg.:rolleyes:

Dirk Kuyt
22-07-2013, 09:30 PM

That's why now BR change his tune and say no loan but sell. :D

bochapsing
22-07-2013, 10:58 PM
once we signed SM, it's clear tat PR is on his way out, only when n where to. it was juz pure bullshit when BR talked abt competition between gks.

the fact is we r not going to have a 9m nor a 100k/week gk sitting on the bench. in fact, I dun think there r many teams can have 2 gks with such calibre n keeping both happy.

very few spanish can reject when barce or real comes knocking on their door. it was complicated when barce din follow up their reported interest. it may oso turn out good as we're preventing the scenario of scrambling for last minute replacement.

overall, I dun like the idea n I dun think SM is anywhere near as good as PR yet, not only in shot stopping but oso in distribution which usually the start of a counter attack. i'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

I only hope RB signs a proper backup gk n not depending on BJ plsssss.....

Ninja_Assassin
23-07-2013, 01:02 AM

Only now after the sale of Cavani is the money coming in..... when they made a loan bid for Reina...... Cavani was not yet confirmed going out.

naemlo
24-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Liverpool rejected 40 mil Suarez bid from Arsenal :eek:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
24-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Liverpool rejected 40 mil Suarez bid from Arsenal :eek:

Holding out for more i guess..
It's destined he leave..no point for him staying as most crowds and mgmt quite frustrated with him...it's just a matter how much only..

He hates English media but he seems to head for the emirates :rolleyes:

naemlo
24-07-2013, 01:21 PM
He hates English media but he seems to head for the emirates :rolleyes:

When u get significant pay increases, hate also LL. :D

qw2op
24-07-2013, 05:27 PM
melbourne victory vs liverpool starting @ 6:00pm ...

jones, johnson, skrtel, wisdom, enrique, gerrard, allen, henderson, ibe, sterling, borini ...

subs: mignolet, kelly, agger, flanagan, spearing, lucas, downing, alberto, aspas, suarez, robinson, assaidi ...

watch it live! ...

qw2op
24-07-2013, 06:42 PM
melbourne victory vs liverpool starting @ 6:00pm ...gerrard scores @ ~31 min ...

---

halftime score is 0-1 ...

wisdom looks gud in defens ... sterling n ibe make sum gud runs ...
borini :o ...

2nd half shud look mor enticing wif suarez, aspas n alberto 2gether in action ...

---

lucas replaces gerrard @ 61' ...

---

suarez, aspas, alberto, kelly, agger, coates, downing, flanagan, spearing, mignolet haf all cum on @ 71' ...

---

aspas (tv says own gol) scored in 93' 2 make it 2-0 ...

---

gols ...

gerrard's gol ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLOYN-OEtPw

aspas's gol ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOl-87O4-M

owen10
25-07-2013, 12:28 AM
deep in the hearts of many fellow liverpool fans, many of whom i spoke to are already resigned to losing Suarez next season.

think better for him to leave when he can fetch a high price then losing him later on the cheap???

==============

Arsenal have stepped up their attempt to sign Luis Suarez with a £40,000,001 offer - which Liverpool have rejected.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1505557?cc=4716

Grounded Eagle
25-07-2013, 01:34 AM
deep in the hearts of many fellow liverpool fans, many of whom i spoke to are already resigned to losing Suarez next season.

think better for him to leave when he can fetch a high price then losing him later on the cheap???

==============

Arsenal have stepped up their attempt to sign Luis Suarez with a £40,000,001 offer - which Liverpool have rejected.

If Suarez wants to go then let him go lor..... actually the new boy Aspas buay pai ....... he seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time..... I think he can live up to the number 9 jersey's reputation of great goal scorers. :D

escobar43535
25-07-2013, 12:02 PM
LS can go but only at the right price for LFC.

LS is on par with Cavani and Falcao, so a fair sale price would have to be at least 50m pounds sterling.

No player is bigger than the club. Even when Mourhino was trying to lure SG to Chelsea in the mid 2000s, said to myself if he really wants to go, then go. But SG got scared and bottled out at the very last minute. Wise man as he would have been vilified on Merseyside thereafter.

LS is different as he has no close ties to LFC, although he should after all the special treatment he received from the club and fans in his hour of need, all brought about by his own doing and fault.

So by all means go LS, but remember if you join another EPL club than forevermore be damned on Merseyside for being a lying hypocritical ingrate.

YNWA

hawksbay
25-07-2013, 01:59 PM

==============

By all means sell him...... but why arsenal.. he shd just leave and move sumwhere else.

Soul_Reaper
25-07-2013, 09:15 PM
By all means sell him...... but why arsenal.. he shd just leave and move sumwhere else.

Arsenal is the only club that wants him..... I think the rest of the other clubs are scared of his wayward character.

qw2op
27-07-2013, 09:40 AM
is tis 4 real? ...

henry wanna sel liverpool 4 £350m after 3 yrs ...

tiz from daily mail, their sos is sun ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2379656/Liverpool-sale-350m.html ...

francined69
27-07-2013, 10:22 AM
is tis 4 real? ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2379656/Liverpool-sale-350m.html ...

Fenway went into buying LFC not knowing what they were in for. same for the previous American owners.

SH149
27-07-2013, 10:50 AM
is tis 4 real? ...

Hopefully not another yanks :(

Or Peter Lim will come to the rescue again :confused:

francined69
27-07-2013, 11:00 AM
wow if Peter Lim take over then as top prize for winning the League, every one will get a Maclaren MP4 car. :D:D

HonkyTonkyMan
27-07-2013, 11:24 AM
is tis 4 real? ...

Well I hope some oil money or russian roubles come in instead of those americanos, look at how teams such as Man City and Chelsea has progressed after the new investors come in...i hate to say it but the only way for Liverpool to be back on top with the big players is to buy their way back to success...

and honestly i feel LS should go, he alone single handlely was the one who had dragged the good name of the club through mud for the past two seasons with his controversial acts...and if he really moves to Arsenal, it will only proof to all what a lying opportunistic son of a bitch he is after claiming he want out of BPL because of the media...

owen10
27-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Strange all the tycoons are heading to France. Despite Liverpool's reputation we don't seem to attract the big investors.

Hope the report abt Henry selling ain't true. This kind of news really unsettle the club, esp when the season is starting soon and the LS saga. If $$$ can buy us success I don't mind the big oil kings comin to our rescue. Afterall in modern football these days, it's all commercialized. Lets be realistic.

owen10
27-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Liverpool owners dismiss sale reports

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1507956?cc=4716

hawksbay
27-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Loyalty BR says..... where was his or the clubs loyalty to PR, how can they expect Suarez to be loyal..... yes granted PR might not been at his best in sum games but he did keep us alive in many.... every one go thru bad spells... that BR also noe how to bullshit... first say competion,than say PR high wage earner,so have to let him go.... wtf PR there for 8 yrs.pool offered him the contract... as any employee u wld expect a up in salary scale.now BR says PR was flirting with barca..... wth we are a bloody circus. This gooners also one goondu pour fuel on fire...... for a club who only paid 15 mil as their club record fee,do u really think they gonna fork out 50 mil, when they cld have had higuain for $30mil,I m glad RM fuck them up.we shd do the same sell Suarez to RM.

The Milk Man
27-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Loyalty BR says..... where was his or the clubs loyalty to PR, how can they expect Suarez to be loyal..... yes granted PR might not been at his best in sum games but he did keep us alive in many.... every one go thru bad spells... that BR also noe how to bullshit... first say competion,than say PR high wage earner,so have to let him go.... wtf PR there for 8 yrs.pool offered him the contract... as any employee u wld expect a up in salary scale.now BR says PR was flirting with barca..... wth we are a bloody circus. This gooners also one goondu pour fuel on fire...... for a club who only paid 15 mil as their club record fee,do u really think they gonna fork out 50 mil, when they cld have had higuain for $30mil,I m glad RM fuck them up.

The lack of CL football is the cause of all these troubles...... without the money from the CL coming in..... LFC is struggling with its finances and will eventually bleed the owners dry if they do not have deep enough pockets.

qw2op
27-07-2013, 07:16 PM
liverpool mor dangerous wif suarez or £50m? ...

tis 1 argues 4 50m ...

... if one takes Torres’ sale as gage, Liverpool may well be more competitive and potentially dangerous from an Arsenal perspective if the Gunners handed over £50 million for the Uruguayan.

When Liverpool reinvested the £50 million they received from Chelsea for Torres, they spent it very unwisely – if the Reds continue to make purchases like Andy Carroll (£35 million) and Stuart Downing (£20 million), Arsenal would have nothing much to worry themselves over.

However, that was then and this now – Brendan Rodgers has made some of the most astute signings in the league between this summer and January – Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho are fantastic additions, Simon Mignolet a top top goalkeeper and Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto look to be class acts.

If Liverpool had £50 million to throw around the transfer market this summer, to reinvest in their squad, they may well present a far more dangerous threat to both Arsenal and Tottenham’s aims of making the top four next season.

If Arsenal buy Suarez, of course it will hurt initially for Reds fans but, in the long run it might actually be the best thing. In fact, if Arsenal get Suarez and Liverpool get £50 million out of the deal, the club that should be most concerned should be Spurs.http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/26/are-liverpool-more-dangerous-with-suarez-or-50m/ ...

qw2op
28-07-2013, 06:16 PM
thailand vs liverpool kicks off @ 6:40pm! ...

liverpool ...

starting xi: mignolet, enrique, agger, toure, johnson, lucas, allen, gerrard, coutinho, aspas, borini ...

subs: jones, skrtel, kelly, flanagan, suarez, spearing, wisdom, robinson, henderson, alberto, downing, sterling, ibe, coates, assaidi, ward ...

watch it live! ...

owen10
28-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Liverpool leading 2-0.

Coutinho 16'
Aspas 49'

Aspas' quite impressive so far, his movement and positioning sense seems good. Looks like a promising acquisition!

owen10
28-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Steven Gerard scores! 59'

Aspas played a cheeky backheel for SG to loop beautifully pass the GK.

Suarez comes on to rapturous applause!!!

qw2op
28-07-2013, 09:53 PM
thailand vs liverpool ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FoooiYuZao

Dirk Kuyt
28-07-2013, 10:12 PM
If Suarez wants to go then let him go lor..... actually the new boy Aspas buay pai ....... he seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time..... I think he can live up to the number 9 jersey's reputation of great goal scorers. :D

I have to agree with you the new boy Aspas is looking good...... hope he can bring his scoring boots into the BPL games when it really matters. :D

owen10
30-07-2013, 07:27 AM
What's the point if Reina comes back to Pool fr loan an unhappy man? It made more sense to hv uploaded him to Barca!

---------------------

Pepe Reina blasts Liverpool over loan move

http://www.givemesport.com/363588-pepe-reina-blasts-liverpool-over-loan-move

KangTuo
30-07-2013, 07:35 AM
What's the point if Reina comes back to Pool fr loan an unhappy man? It made more sense to hv uploaded him to Barca!

---------------------

Reina really dont deserve such treatment after giving 8 good years to liverpool.
He could be a legend in this era also if given a chance to stay on..

hawksbay
30-07-2013, 01:29 PM

---------------------

I don't get it.... this BR also bullshit sia...wat he means the way PR behaved. All PR said was if barca comes in he wld like the club to consider...but he wld like to stay at anfield and fight for his plc... pool cld have rejected any offers for PR like they rejected for Suarez.can u blame him if barca comes calling ......I wish PR all the best at napoli.. I will miss the big man.....we have become a circus.

The Milk Man
30-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I have to agree with you the new boy Aspas is looking good...... hope he can bring his scoring boots into the BPL games when it really matters. :D

Aspas is a fighter...... and he has that hunger in him too...... I think he will be our top scorer next season baring any injuries. :D

owen10
31-07-2013, 07:33 AM
I really wonder if Arsenal would come up with a desperate 50m bid to force Pool to sell Suarez. As Ah Barnes said if it goes down to the very last day to lose Suarez, it'll be a big problem gettin a replacement.

-----------
Arsenal ready third offer of £42.5m for Luis Suarez

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418260/Arsenal-ready-third-offer-of-42-5m-for-Luis-Suarez

hawksbay
31-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I really wonder if Arsenal would come up with a desperate 50m bid to force Pool to sell Suarez. As Ah Barnes said if it goes down to the very last day to lose Suarez, it'll be a big problem gettin a replacement.

-----------
Arsenal ready third offer of £42.5m for Luis Suarez

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/418260/Arsenal-ready-third-offer-of-42-5m-for-Luis-Suarez

Suarez has not mentioned arsenal at all, all he said was he wants champs league football..arsenal did not want to pay 30mil for higuain u think they wld fork out 50 mil for Suarez... the gonners are testing Liverpools resolve.makes no sense for Suarez to go to arsenal.... if he really wanted to leave he wld have thrown in a trfs request,sell him by all means but not to another bpl rival or just make him train with the reserves since he keep saying he's got a contract with Liverpool.just let him run out his contract. Take a leaf out of how David levy conducts his business at spurs... he refused to let modric leave for utd held on and made more money by shipping him out to Madrid.

owen10
31-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Apparently Arsenal also after his signature. Lets hope he's good!

----------------

Liverpool close on Lorenzo Melgarejo

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1510459/liverpool-closing-benfica-lorenzo-melgarejo-loan?cc=4716

The Milk Man
01-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Apparently Arsenal also after his signature. Lets hope he's good!

----------------

Liverpool close on Lorenzo Melgarejo

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1510459/liverpool-closing-benfica-lorenzo-melgarejo-loan?cc=4716

It's a done deal. :D
Hope he can clear the next hurdle...... getting a work permit to play in England :)

KangTuo
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
I feel that liverpool will be in the top 4 this season...
They had such a good pre-season. All wins with no goals conceded?

Hope they continue this form in the BPL.... :)

Hurricane88
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM

buy you beer if this happened...:p

naemlo
01-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Hopefully but friendly is never a true indication esp in BPL.

buy you beer if this happened...:p

I want 333.

The Milk Man
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Dun get your hopes too high up..... their pre-season friendlies were against kampong teams hardly anywhere near the standards of the BPL teams. :)

Some of the other BPL teams are sparring with CL teams in their pre-season friendlies......

pomrakthai
01-08-2013, 03:51 PM

Bro kangtuo.......you and me not watching all the games that Liverpool is going to play in the new season will help ....Liverpool should win ALL games like that, OK? :p