PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

The Milk Man
19-05-2012, 02:09 PM
how about Steve McMahon? on ESPN he is always saying this and that should be done and he criticizes many of the Liverpool players.

I used to bump into him at the British Club. He has a very "How Lian" kind of character and very arrogant. He thinks too highly of himself and is always criticizing others. I remember once when we were having a discussion on the top 100 players of LFC..... he proclaimed that he should be in the No.1 spot instead of King Kenny as he was better than all the Anfield greats.

With his kind of character I dun think he is suitable to be a manager at any club....... let alone Liverpool FC.

I try to siam him now whenever I see him. :mad:

The Milk Man
19-05-2012, 02:33 PM
OMG! Has the reputation of Liverpool degrade to such a level that Martinez is even in consideration to be manager? :eek:

Is Robert Martinez good? What has he achieved that made the American owners seek him out? Read the blog and was surprised Henry has a choice between Andre Villa Boas and Martinez and he was in favour of the latter.

Initially I too dun know much about martinez and was surprised at the news....... but after talking to people in the industry I can understand why FSG came to this decision.

Martinez came into the management game with practically zero experience when he took charge of Swansea which was near relegation in League One.... he saved them from going down and took them up to the Championship...... from the Championship he got them into the BPL in just one season. He was swamped with offers from several BPL clubs after this feat and subsequently chose to manage Wigan. Impression track rcord for a newbie manager.

Track record aside...... I think what made the FSG chose him was the fact that he has always emerge at the top of the class in all his coaching courses..... including topping his peers Gus Poyet, Andre Villa Boas, Barry McDermott, Pep Guardiola, Chris Hughton amongst them.

He is touted as one of the most talented up-n-coming managers in the game.

He may be untried at the top level yet but I am game to let him have his opportunity if I were to be in Sir Henry's shoes. :D

joew2005
19-05-2012, 03:20 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1073945/dave-whelan-warns-wigan's-roberto-martinez-about-liverpool?cc=4716

Whelan warns Martinez
May 18, 2012

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has warned Roberto Martinez against taking the Liverpool job, suggesting tat the Reds don't know wat they r doing".

Whelan confirmed on Thursday tat he has granted Martinez permission 2 speak with Liverpool, who r seeking a successor 2 sacked manager Kenny Dalglish.

The Reds' shortlist 4 a new boss is said 2 be extensive - as many as 10 names in the frame - & among those targets was Swansea City coach Brendan Rodgers.

But Rodgers has rebuffed Liverpool's advances as he is settled @ the Liberty Stadium, & Whelan feels the Ulsterman's actions shld serve as a warning 2 Martinez.

He told ESPN: "When Liverpool asked 4 Wigan's permission 2 speak 2 Roberto, it was willingly given, & u would hv thought they wanted him 4 the job. But now it transpires they r looking @ quite a few possibilities.

"The fact tat Brendan Rodgers has opted out aft they approached Swansea shld get Roberto thinking he might be better off @ Wigan. There is a suspicion tat Liverpool don't know wat they r doing, certainly it is clear now they don't know who they 1 as manager."

Liverpool's md Ian Ayre, though, is confident tat the club can still attract the profile of manager they r aiming 4, despite the lack of Champions League football 1s more next season.

"We will find out (the effect of not being in the Champions League) during the process I guess. The reason I don't think it will hv an effect is if u lined up most managers in football & asked them if Liverpool would be a great club 2 manage & most people would aspire 2 do so I think they would say yes," Ayre said.

"The history of tis club, the reach of tis club around the world , its fanbase & everything we hv achieved & 1 2 achieve is more than enough 2 keep any manager we would 1 2 go aft hungry 4 the opportunity.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1073245/liverpool-rebuffed-by-swansea's-brendan-rodgers?cc=4716

Rodgers rebuffs Reds
May 18, 2012

Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers has turned down the opportunity 2 speak with Liverpool abt their vacant managerial position.

Liverpool r in the process of identifying a replacement 4 Kenny Dalglish aft they sacked the Scot on Wednesday following a poor Premier League season.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan confirmed on Thursday tat he has granted the Reds permission 2 hv discussions with boss Roberto Martinez, who guided the Latics 2 top flight survival tis campaign.

Promising coach Rodgers had also been targeted, aft he enjoyed an impressive debut term as Swansea's style of football received numerous plaudits.

But the Swans hv turned down Liverpool's request 2 speak with the Ulsterman, with the coach having spoken with his current club & voiced his wish 2 remain @ the Liberty Stadium.

A club statement read: "Swansea City can confirm tat an approach fr Liverpool FC 2 speak 2 manager Brendan Rodgers was officially received by club chairman Huw Jenkins tis morning.

The club is pleased 2 confirm tat Brendan has declined the current opportunity 2 speak 2 the Anfield club abt the vacant position. The Swansea manager is currently working hard 2 strengthen the squad in readiness 4 the new Premier League campaign. The club will make no further comment @ tis stage."

The Reds hv a shortlist of as many as 10 names, with Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, Marseille's Didier Deschamp & Ajax's Frank de Boer among those reported 2 be potential candidates.

Former England manager Fabio Capello has also been mentioned, but it is understood the Italian favours Chelsea, who r yet 2 appoint a permanent successor 2 Andre Villas-Boas - with Roberto Di Matteo currently in interim charge.

chochochang2
19-05-2012, 06:59 PM
AVB to speak to Liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1074434/andre-villas-boas-set-for-liverpool-interview?cc=4716

SH149
19-05-2012, 07:05 PM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1074434/andre-villas-boas-set-for-liverpool-interview?cc=4716

Well at least something to look for rather than the Wigan or Swansea manager been mentioned

lugi
19-05-2012, 07:19 PM
The one I wanted off seems more unlikely..:(

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/4010/germany/2012/05/19/3113158/no-klopp-at-the-kop-as-dortmund-boss-quashes-liverpool

Regaine
19-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Found this article dun know how reliable it is though .

Friday, 18 May 2012
Liverpool: Who will replace King Kenny at Anfield?

Posted by Colin Illingworth at 04:00 AM in Colin Illingworth, Liverpool, Premier League | Permalink

The King, Kenny Dalglish, was relieved of his duties at Anfield following the club’s worst seasons in years. Despite reaching two cup finals and adding the Carling Cup to the already glittering Anfield trophy cabinet, Liverpool’s awful league position, the mishandling of the Luis Suarez race row, embarrassing interviews and the waste of £100 million in signings, ultimately forced FSG to wield the axe.

For many Kenny remains the King. And so he should. He has served the club well as player and manager and will always be welcomed back to Anfield. However, there was a general acceptance that Dalglish had to go. It doesn’t matter how much of a hero you are, if you can’t get the team to perform you have to be moved on.

Now the search begins for the man who can take Liverpool back into contention of winning silverware, competing for the title and the all important Champions League slots.

As you would expect for such a prestigious position as this, there are a number of top names already being linked with the vacant post. Here I will run through the main runners and riders and assess their credentials.

Andre Villas-Boas

The former Chelsea boss lasted only nine months under Roman Abramovich at Stamford Bridge but could he be on the verge of a sensational move back to the Premier League? AVB is only 34 but he won the treble in his first season at Porto, including becoming the youngest manager ever to clinch a European trophy. It was that winning mentality that made Abramovich desperate to sign him up.

AVB’s troubles at Chelsea started when he was instructed to clear out the older, more expensive players like Drogba, Lampard and Terry. This of course didn’t go down too well. He didn’t help himself either by the way he went about it. Player power won and he was eventually axed. Would he suffer the same problem at Anfield? I don’t think so. There are a lot of young talented players at Anfield that AVB could mould and shape into better players.

The Portuguese boss has the credentials to be a hit in England, but will he be given the task of reviving Liverpool’s fortunes?

Roberto Martinez

The Wigan boss is a man in demand and he would be crazy not to jump at the chance of managing a side like Liverpool, but has this opportunity come too soon in his managerial career? The Spaniard is reportedly high on the hitlist of the board, even though he has had to beat the drop with the Latics in the past two seasons.

It’s a double edged sword. You can tell that Martinez has something special about him. Anyone who can make Gary Caldwell look exceptional is worthy of praise. The Latics don’t have an awful lot of money but Martinez has moulded a side which really found its feet in the past few months. However, it is a huge gamble. Would he be able to cope with the demands of the Liverpool fans? The likes of Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce are accustomed to fighting relegation. Winning silverware and turning clubs around takes a very special talent.

Martinez will obviously manage a huge club at one stage and his philosophy is to be commended, but he is still a relative novice. Can Liverpool really afford to take such a gamble?

Rafa Benitez

The Spaniard is like Marmite at Anfield, you either love him or hate him. Even though he was the last manager to bring such riches to the club, some felt that he had overstayed his time on Merseyside. His loyal supporters will point to the epic Champions League win in 2005 and the return in 2007. His detractors though will highlight his inability to produce a consistent run of form in the league.

Benitez left the club in the summer of 2010 after finishing only seventh in the Premier League and was criticised for his belief in squad rotation and zonal marking. He has been out of work since December 2010 following a less than successful stint at Inter Milan and would love a return to Anfield.

However, they say you should never go back as you will never be able to match your initial record. Look at Dalglish for instance. Benitez obviously loves Liverpool and a large section of the fans would love him back to finish off what he started. It would be a controversial appointment, but could he be the man to make Liverpool great again?

Brendan Rodgers

In a similar position to Martinez, Rodgers has a great future ahead of him. He conducts himself professionally on and off the pitch, has his Swansea side playing great attacking football and has an eye for a player. But would he be able to meet the demands of the Liverpool fans?

His Swansea side beat Liverpool on the final day of the season and Mr Henry will have noted what Rodgers has achieved at such a relatively small club on a limited budget. I’m sure Liverpool fans would love to see their team passing the opposition off the pitch, but more than that they want to be winning silverware. Can Rodgers achieve that?

There’s no doubt in my mind that Rodgers will manage a top six side. Unless the board want to appoint a manager with a long-term plan and philosophy and not expect instant rewards, then I think this post has come too soon for both Martinez and Rodgers.

Fabio Capello

The former England manager has a glittering CV and has won trophies at every level of the game. He recently stated that he would love to manage in the Premier League so could Anfield be his next port of call?

The Italian’s lack of English was also a major problem, especially with those in the media, but you can’t argue with his record. He has won titles and cups in three countries and he would love to make it four. Could his dream become a reality at Liverpool?

Alan Pardew

Kenny Dalglish took Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique from Newcastle last year. Now could the board raid St James’ Park for their manager Alan Pardew? The Premier League manager of the year has been a tremendous hit in the north east. His signings, tactics and demeanour have oozed class and quality and Mr Henry will have been impressed by what Pardew has achieved with little money.

However, Pardew has the chance to test himself in Europe next season. Something that Liverpool just can’t offer. Is Liverpool a bigger club than Newcastle? Yes – just look at their histories. Will he be tempted? Probably – who wouldn’t be? But will he go? I don’t think so.

Jurgen Klopp

Currently manager of Bundesliga champions Borrusia Dortmund, Jurgen Klopp has been voted manager of the year for the second season running in Germany. He has overthrown the might of Bayern Munich to win the title in successive seasons and boasts a 57 per cent win record since he took charge in 2008.

Klopp began his playing days as a striker before being converted to a defender. This experience has obviously served him well as he can pinpoint problems at both ends of the pitch. He has proved himself to be a winner and a very capable manager, but he has never managed in England. Although football is a universal sport, the English game is different in so many ways.

Jose Mourinho

It’s unlikely given his past with Liverpool and the fact that Liverpool can’t offer him millions to throw at players or be able to entice him with European football next season, but Mourinho always loves a challenge and this may be one that he could not afford to turn down.

Mourinho has always claimed that he will be back in England one day to manage but the smart money has always been on a Manchester club. After winning La Liga with Real Madrid, toppling Barcelona and coming so close to reaching the Champions League final, will Jose be tempted to leave for a fresh challenge or remain at the Bernabeu until he brings back the European Cup.

He may not be everyone’s favourite cup of tea but you cannot argue with his results. By hook or by crook, Mourinho wins silverware and is one of the best managers in the game. If Mr Henry could land Mourinho then the future really would look bright for the club.

Other names in the frame include Frank Rijkaard, Didier Deschamps, Louis Van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klinsmann and Guus Hiddink, to name but a few. But who would you like to see in the dugout at Anfield in August?

Whatever your view, we’d love to hear from you.

Related Articles:

Liverpool: Dalglish dethroned a year too late . . . now a new era must reign supreme

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2012/05/liverpool-who-will-replace-king-kenny-at-anfield.html

Regaine
19-05-2012, 10:37 PM
If we want to win BPL & the CL , I guess we need to spend BIG money to bring glory to the club. Just like Chelsea and Man City had done. Success does not come cheap.

Hurricane88
20-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I said blue team wins the Champions League in my previous post...the whole game Chelsea almost over run by Bayern Munich but ends up holding the CL trophy...this is the season of non red team...:)

BPL fourth spot Tottenham goes to Europa League and Arsenal goes into CL playoff...:)

Hurricane88
20-05-2012, 05:40 AM
I maintained my prediction...and this season no red team won anything important...so those countries wearing red will not win Euro 2012...:)

francined69
20-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Sensational..........................how did Chelsea win???? :eek:

Yes I agree.........Chelsea was overrun yet they came out winners.

Congrats to Chelsea. Every player will get a big red packet from the owner today.

Xgenre
20-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Alan Pardew

However, Pardew has the chance to test himself in Europe next season. Something that Liverpool just can’t offer. Is Liverpool a bigger club than Newcastle? Yes – just look at their histories. Will he be tempted? Probably – who wouldn’t be? But will he go? I don’t think so.

Huh? Aren't we in Europa league next year as a result of the League Cup victory? Same as Newcastle right? Does Chelsea's CL victory change anything? Spurs losing a CL spot, probably Spurs will take Newcastle's Europa spot? Will we lose our Europa spot to Newcastle then?

Hurricane88
20-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Huh? Aren't we in Europa league next year as a result of the League Cup victory? Same as Newcastle right? Does Chelsea's CL victory change anything? Spurs losing a CL spot, probably Spurs will take Newcastle's Europa spot? Will we lose our Europa spot to Newcastle then?

yes...Liverpool is in Europa league by virtue of the League Cup Champion...and also runners-up for FA Cup...:)

Xgenre
20-05-2012, 10:46 AM
yes...

Thanks for your swift answer. Anyone going to meet Bellamy on the 1st of June at Queensway (Weston) and Fowler on the 3rd of June at Courts (details not released yet)?

Regaine
20-05-2012, 11:26 AM
May 19, 2012
Email PrintBy Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Andre Villas-Boas will this weekend be interviewed for the vacant managerial post at Liverpool.

Villas-Boas, who has been out of work since losing the Chelsea job in March, fits the criteria of the Liverpool owners as they target a young coach who can remain in the job long-term. Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, 38, also remains in the frame for the post.

ESPN sources have also revealed that Liverpool plan to approach Pep Guardiola via Luis Suarez's agent, who is the outgoing Barcelona coach's brother. Even so, they recognise that the 41-year-old is a long shot, considering he has already rejected Chelsea's overtures and remains insistent that he will take a year's sabbatical.

Fenway Sports Group's 'long list' of ten candidates does include older managers, and former England boss Fabio Capello, 65, may be sounded out. Rafael Benitez is not on that list "for the time being" but he might eventually be included, if some of the prime candidates fall by the wayside, and it is ESPN's understanding that he has registered his interest in the post.

Marseille's Didier Deschamps, Ajax's Frank de Boer and Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk are also on the long list, but Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers and Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp - who led his side to a league and cup double this season - have both turned down the chance to be interviewed. Klopp said: "I have been made aware of interest from England, and it is an honour to be linked with big clubs in the Premier League, but I have a contract with Dortmund until 2016 and am going nowhere."

DavidShao
20-05-2012, 05:19 PM
After he was sacked, virtually the same team, Chelsea won the FA cup and Champion League. Are our owners blind?

You may say his sacking is partly due to losing the dressing room. But I suppose every top managers are expected to be able to command respect from your players. If you can't, please go manage the likes of Wigan, Swansea, WBA

May 19, 2012
Email PrintBy Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Andre Villas-Boas will this weekend be interviewed for the vacant managerial post at Liverpool.

Villas-Boas, who has been out of work since losing the Chelsea job in March, fits the criteria of the Liverpool owners as they target a young coach who can remain in the job long-term. Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, 38, also remains in the frame for the post.

ESPN sources have also revealed that Liverpool plan to approach Pep Guardiola via Luis Suarez's agent, who is the outgoing Barcelona coach's brother. Even so, they recognise that the 41-year-old is a long shot, considering he has already rejected Chelsea's overtures and remains insistent that he will take a year's sabbatical.

Fenway Sports Group's 'long list' of ten candidates does include older managers, and former England boss Fabio Capello, 65, may be sounded out. Rafael Benitez is not on that list "for the time being" but he might eventually be included, if some of the prime candidates fall by the wayside, and it is ESPN's understanding that he has registered his interest in the post.

Marseille's Didier Deschamps, Ajax's Frank de Boer and Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk are also on the long list, but Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers and Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp - who led his side to a league and cup double this season - have both turned down the chance to be interviewed. Klopp said: "I have been made aware of interest from England, and it is an honour to be linked with big clubs in the Premier League, but I have a contract with Dortmund until 2016 and am going nowhere."

francined69
20-05-2012, 05:23 PM
we can only guess who will be the next manager.

in my books, only Pep or Jose is good enough followed by Rafa.

JRthe6
20-05-2012, 06:30 PM

Congrats to Chelsea. Every player will get a big red packet from the owner today.

Chelsea did not win. Their former player Robben gifted them the trophy.

JRthe6
20-05-2012, 06:39 PM
we can only guess who will be the next manager.

in my books, only Pep or Jose is good enough followed by Rafa.

Sometimes famous and well known names may not always guarantee success.
Liverpool can take a page from their own history and replicate it. When the great Bill Shankly retired, the Reds went on a search to find another manager approaching several big names similarly to what is happening now. But in the end they picked an untried guy who was touted as having the potential to surpass the great Bill Shankly. They gave him a chance and the rest is history. The untried guy's name?

BOB PAISLEY

chochochang2
20-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Liverpool (Carling Cup winners and FA Cup runner-up), Newcastle (5th) and Tottenham (4th, but will be in Europa League instead) will enter the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League next season.

Man City (1st), Man United (2nd), Arsenal (3rd) and Chelsea (cup holders) will be in the group stage of the Champions League next season.

lonesome1
20-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Possible candidates for the vacant post:

1) Mick McCarthy

2) Steve Kean

3) Owen Coyle

4) Alex Mcleish

4) Raymond Domenech

Who's the best among the candidates? Please cast your votes!:D

naemlo
20-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Who's the best among the candidates? Please cast your votes!:D

Current time, 2 managers I like or kudo are, Arsene Wenger and Martin O'Neill but impossible or chances of them going Liverpool is low low low. :D

The 5 candidates, I will choose none.

chochochang2
20-05-2012, 10:46 PM

I just did a quick check on the qualifying rules for both UCL and UEL.

For England, domestic cup winners will automatically qualify for the UEL and will enter at the group stage (FA Cup) and 3rd qualifying round (Carling Cup). 5th place team in the league will enter at the play-offs stage.

Liverpool will enter the UEL at the 3rd qualifying round because it won the Carling Cup, which is a domestic cup in England.

Newcastle will also enter the UEL at the play-offs stage because it finished 5th in the domestic league.

Chelsea will enter the the UCL at the group stage stage because it is the current holders of the cup.

The regulation of the UEFA Champions League states that "The UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship.

If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy). In this case, the number of places to which the titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League does not change."

This means that Tottenham will also enter the UEL at the play-offs stage since it replaces Chelsea, who initially qualified to enter at this stage.

more details here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

If I'm not wrong, Everton also qualifies for the UEL.

chochochang2
20-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Pardon my previous post.

According to Wikipedia, Tottenham qualifies for UEL and enter at the group stage and not play-offs stage.

Everton does not qualify for UEL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Premier_League

Summary:

Champions League
Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea will qualify for the UCL and enter at the group stage next season.

Europa League
Liverpool qualify for the UEL and will enter at the 3rd qualifying round.
Newcastle qualify for the UEL and will enter at the play-offs stage.
Tottenham qualify for the UEL and will enter at the group stage.

lonesome1
20-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Since CHELSEA is the holders of both FA cup and Champions League. Chelsea will play in the Champions league next season instead of Europa League. Does the 2 best of the FA cup goes in to the Europa League directly?

chochochang2
20-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Since CHELSEA is the holders of both FA cup and Champions League. Chelsea will play in the Champions league next season instead of Europa League. Does the 2 best of the FA cup goes in to the Europa League directly?

The winner of the FA Cup will qualify for the Europa League and enter at group stage for next season. But since Chelsea won the UCL, the runner-up of the FA Cup final (being Liverpool) will qualify instead. (Last season, Man City won the FA Cup and Stoke City were the runner-up. But because Man City finished 3rd in the league and qualified for the UCL, Stoke City qualified for the UEL instead.)

check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Europa_League

semreh
21-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Man City (1st), Man United (2nd), Arsenal (3rd) and Chelsea (cup holders) will be in the group stage of the Champions League next season.

My understanding is only Man City and Man Utd go straight into the group stage of the CL....... Arsenal and Chelsea have to go through the qualifying games.

semreh
21-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Sometimes famous and well known names may not always guarantee success.
Liverpool can take a page from their own history and replicate it. When the great Bill Shankly retired, the Reds went on a search to find another manager approaching several big names similarly to what is happening now. But in the end they picked an untried guy who was touted as having the potential to surpass the great Bill Shankly. They gave him a chance and the rest is history. The untried guy's name?

BOB PAISLEY

Bob Paisley! The man who put Liverpool on the world map. I dun think you will ever find another exceptionally gifted manager like him. :)

Truly one of the Liverpool Greats.

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 12:34 AM
My understanding is only Man City and Man Utd go straight into the group stage of the CL....... Arsenal and Chelsea have to go through the qualifying games.

hmm no, I don't think so bro.

the top 3 teams of the EPL will enter at group stage while 4th place team will enter at play-off round.

But because Chelsea won the UCL while finishing outside top 4, they will also qualify for the UCL and enter at group stage. They will be entitled to defend their cup at the expense of Spurs. This is the first time the rule was implemented since Liverpool won the UCL in 2005 (but qualified and entered at 1st qualifying round) and also meant the first time a team finished 4th and did not qualify for the UCL.

SH149
21-05-2012, 11:41 AM
MADRID (REUTERS) - Chelsea's Spanish striker Fernando Torres has said he has had the worst moments of his career with the club this season and needs clarity about his future role with the newly-crowned European champions.

Torres told Spanish sports daily As he had been bitterly disappointed at being left out of the starting line-up for Saturday's Champions League final and said if it had not been for the support of the fans during a difficult campaign he would have 'thrown in the towel'.

'This season I have felt things that I had never felt before,' As quoted Torres as saying.

'I felt that they treated me in a way that I was not expecting, not in the way we spoke about when this club signed me,' added the former Liverpool player.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was not mentioned here is he did not live up to the expectation when he was bought over on a record transfer fees of £50million pounds

Or he is hinting he want to move to another so call " big club "?

tuyet
21-05-2012, 11:46 AM
MADRID (REUTERS) - Chelsea's Spanish striker Fernando Torres has said he has had the worst moments of his career with the club this season and needs clarity about his future role with the newly-crowned European champions.

so just a wishful thought...

Bring back Rafa as manager, and maybe Torres will follow suit?

SH149
21-05-2012, 11:49 AM
so just a wishful thought...

Bring back Rafa as manager, and maybe Torres will follow suit?

Will the red fans welcome a traitor back ?

In his eye we r just a " small club" that cannot match his expectation

2centsworth
21-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Will the red fans welcome a traitor back ?

Ian Rush came back. Now he's even a coach for us.

doppelherz
21-05-2012, 11:55 AM

football fans are fickle and have short term memory, I am very sure Torres would be welcomed back.

As a fan who is desperate for success, I would welcome Torres back in a heartbeat especially with no big names really interested to join the club right now.

SH149
21-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Not the same as he did not bad mouth over us as what FT did

Players like Fowler left us but in his heart he never left Liverpool

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I mean...seriously...why people can't see that FT is just a one season wonder.

His luck ran out in his 2nd season with us and it has never improved slightly that's why we sold him.
And his season still nv improved till now :eek:

His dribbling and shooting are like sec sch kids trying to hit and run with his pace or try to go through opponents legs..

Rush and fowler was diff..they was consistent for so many years and left w/o any grudges or left any "stupid" words against us...

Wonder who will manage us when the nxt season is in another 2 mths time..need him to be on board soon and manage the transfer and sell off that long-haired tall fellow who can't head a single shit ..

doppelherz
21-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I mean...seriously...why people can't see that FT is just a one season wonder.

one season wonders do not break so many goal scoring records. Not only did he score tap ins, he scored some beauties.

Despite his injuries too, he contributed a hell lot more than even Gerrard in most of the games during his time at Anfield.

The only bad season Torres had was with Hodgson where his morale was at an all time low.

SH149
21-05-2012, 01:04 PM
one season wonders do not break so many goal scoring records. Not only did he score tap ins, he scored some beauties.

Despite his injuries too, he contributed a hell lot more than even Gerrard in most of the games during his time at Anfield.

The only bad season Torres had was with Hodgson where his morale was at an all time low.

The thing is we can't offer CL to him next season if he choose to return I will be very surprised to be honest

doppelherz
21-05-2012, 01:07 PM
The thing is we can't offer CL to him next season if he choose to return I will be very surprised to be honest

I will be surprised but stranger things have happened in football.

realistically, i see him staying at Chelsea for at least one more season before leaving England.

Many Arsenal fans have been saying that Torres would be welcomed replacement if Van Persie does leave, and I have to agree.

SH149
21-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I will be surprised but stranger things have happened in football.

realistically, i see him staying at Chelsea for at least one more season before leaving England.

Many Arsenal fans have been saying that Torres would be welcomed replacement if Van Persie does leave, and I have to agree.

Hmmmm that is a possibility there but Wenger is famous of stingy when come to recruit player will Chelsea let him go cheaply :rolleyes:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Watching the same match always not necessary have the same view isn't it ;)
I deemed him as a lazy footballer starting from the 2nd season with us right till now with Chelsea.
Prolly because he is trying to get himself more money after being voted in the fifa team of the year and thus became less motivated and wanting to jump to other clubs.

If paying 1/2 of the price we sold him ..it would be good deal then but then 30mils for nxt season is all we got unless we sell...it would not be a good deal after all.

SH149
21-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Watching the same match always not necessary have the same view isn't it ;)
I deemed him as a lazy footballer starting from the 2nd season with us right till now with Chelsea.
Prolly because he is trying to get himself more money after being voted in the fifa team of the year and thus became less motivated and eating to jump to other clubs.

If paying 1/2 of the price we sold him ..it would be good deal then but then 30mils for nxt season is all we got unless we sell...it would not be a good deal after all.

Maybe the former broker king of Singapore ( David Lim right not sure if I remember correctly ) can offer his help by invest to the club thus we can have more war chest to compete with the rest ? :D

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
21-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Maybe the former broker king of Singapore ( David Lim right not sure if I remember correctly ) can offer his help by invest to the club thus we can have more war chest to compete with the rest ? :D

Peter Lim.
Actually he is only worth 1.6 bil..
Not really enough to sustain this club.:D maybe other smaller clubs.
Really need a huge amt of money as our brand is really international covering all parts of the world.

Need some prc miners or Arab oilers..or ask the 2 angmo sell of their nfl in US (but nfl is generating more income for them than Liverpool :o)

HonkyTonkyMan
21-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I maintained my prediction...and this season no red team won anything important...so those countries wearing red will not win Euro 2012...:)

Don't tell me it's a case of another team in blue ie Les BLeus or the Azzurris (The Blues) then the Spanish Armada will be sunk:eek:

HonkyTonkyMan
21-05-2012, 01:39 PM

Frankly I used to dislike Chelsea cos always felt that their initial success in the BPL was bought with oil money just like ManCity. But the match must really give credit especially to their defense cos they really held up to Bayern immense pressure.

SH149
21-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Frankly I used to dislike Chelsea cos always felt that their initial success in the BPL was bought with oil money just like ManCity. But the match must really give credit especially to their defense cos they really held up to Bayern immense pressure.

Yes the defence did a good job but part of it also due to their finishing

Hurricane88
21-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Don't tell me it's a case of another team in blue ie Les BLeus or the Azzurris (The Blues) then the Spanish Armada will be sunk:eek:

can also be team in white to win...:)

Hurricane88
21-05-2012, 02:24 PM

10 blue men will behind the goal...including Drogba who gave away a penalty...:)

bochapsing
21-05-2012, 02:30 PM
10 blue men will behind the goal...including Drogba who gave away a penalty...

an italian manager at his best... :p:p

parked their bus and hope for drogba to strike a killer blow, and he did...

watching munich tat nite reminded me of our team, plenty of possesion and half chances but couldn't finish, not even from the spot... :o:o

Hurricane88
21-05-2012, 02:35 PM
But because Chelsea won the UCL while finishing outside top 4, they will also qualify for the UCL and enter at group stage. They will be entitled to defend their cup at the expense of Spurs. This is the first time the rule was implemented since Liverpool won the UCL in 2005 (but qualified and entered at 1st qualifying round) and also meant the first time a team finished 4th and did not qualify for the UCL.

I posted the answer before...here it is again...Chelsea defending champion qualify automatically...2 Manchester teams being BPL 1st and 2nd qualify automatically...3rd place Arsenal qualify for playoff...only for this coming season becuz of the scenario...:)

Lone_Wolf
21-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Peter Lim.
Actually he is only worth 1.6 bil..
Not really enough to sustain this club.:D maybe other smaller clubs.

Not anymore..... because of his rub shoulders with the MIWs every function that he attends kenna asked for contribution...... and because he is a Billionaire oso cannot donate too little so his bank account has slimmed down somewhat. :p

Furthermore he has to curb his bookmaking activities and lie low after the recent exposure of the soccer bookie syndicates worldwide so no substantial income coming from there :)

NZL97
21-05-2012, 07:35 PM
After he was sacked, virtually the same team, Chelsea won the FA cup and Champion League. Are our owners blind?

You may say his sacking is partly due to losing the dressing room. But I suppose every top managers are expected to be able to command respect from your players. If you can't, please go manage the likes of Wigan, Swansea, WBA

IMHO, we will be lucky if AVB decide to join us as he is a top up-n-coming young coach who won 3 cups wif porto in his first year in charge, he was unlucky at chelsea where he was faced wif difficult circumstances but he will have no such problem at liverpool..........plus i heard that FSG is cutting the budget for our transfer fees & wages for star players next season so i really dont know which reputable manager will want to join us................:mad:

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I posted the answer before...here it is again...Chelsea defending champion qualify automatically...2 Manchester teams being BPL 1st and 2nd qualify automatically...3rd place Arsenal qualify for playoff...only for this coming season becuz of the scenario...:)

hmm I'm not sure if Arsenal enter the UCL at play-off stage or group stage.

But my sources tell me that all 4 English teams will enter at group stage.

In the past, only teams finishing in the top 2 will enter the UCL group stage directly. But from season 2008/09 onwards, the Premier League changed its rules and implemented that the top 3 will enter the UCL group stage instead of only top 2.

Last season Man City finished 3rd and entered at the group stage directly as well. Arsenal finished 4th and entered at the play-off stage. They beat Udinese 3-1 on overall aggregate and progressed to the group stage.

The only difference this year is that this is the first time all 4 English teams enter the group stage at the same time (with no play-off/qualifying stage), since Chelsea won the UCL and finished outside top 4 in the league.

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 09:06 PM
De Boer says no to Liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1075478/frank-de-boer-not-interested-in-liverpool-job?cc=4716

AVB won't rush Liverpool decision

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1075460/andre-villas-boas-won%27t-rush-liverpool-decision?cc=4716

Kuyt considers U-turn

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1075486/dirk-kuyt-considers-u-turn-on-liverpool-future?cc=4716

Player Ratings: Liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1071055/player-ratings:-liverpool?cc=4716

bochapsing
21-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Before he went to Chelsea, AVB was 1 of the most sought after young manager with his high tempo attacking style of football with Porto...
He was originally tasked to rebuild Chelsea aging team, and he made some bold decision like sell Anelka / Alex and bench Lampard / Malouda / Drogba, of cos this didn't go down well with the group of star players in the team...
Towards the end of his stint, it was obvious that those old men played to get him sacked...
RDM came in, with his future uncertain, he had to achieve some instant result instead of building the team, so he put all these old men back to the team to make everybody happy and to get some instant success... and indeed he did it, won the FA Cup n CL...

I won't be too disappointed if we get AVB... though my 1st choice is Rafa... :D

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I won't be disappointed if AVB gets the job at Liverpool.

Rafa is still my first choice too :)

But having read what Lukaku said of AVB, I'm worried certain Liverpool players might receive the same treatment from him too.

Lukaku: 'I will never forgive AVB'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1075498/romelu-lukaku:-%27i-wont-forgive-former-chelsea-boss-villas-boas%27?cc=4716

bochapsing
21-05-2012, 09:48 PM
But having read what Lukaku said of AVB, I'm worried certain Liverpool players might receive the same treatment from him too.

Lukaku: 'I will never forgive AVB'

to pass such a comment after spending only 6 month under a manager says something about the attitude of the player as well....
:D:D:D

musicforall
21-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I have been reading up on many of the comments and opinions of all the TS that contribute about LFC. Not regularly, I am also of the many here.

U guys are an awesome bunch, always holding out for LFC. Some of the comments made were , in my opinion , pretty heart warming with the sincerest of opinions and care. i mean this thread alone has more that 16,000 hits.. and for whatever reasons good or bad.

I cannot imagine any other BPL clubs having a fan base doing the same, contributing to sports forum in any part of the world let alone Asia.

Its so heartening to see and feel and even though we may not know each other personally except thru cyber space. For e.g, many people contributes on the post-mortem match play after each game, the previous fiasco on the Yankee court case, the Hog Manager ( Now u.k boss) and King Kenny's issues.

I can go on and on but I reckon you guys catch the drift. really guys, even our most mortal enemies may have a large fan bases here..they just dont have the passion ..like us.

The mere fact is that a LFC fan , i reckon will always remain one. Kudos to all of you here who want nothing but the best for this special club of ours. Clap ! clap!

YNWA

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 10:11 PM
i have been reading up on many of the comments and opinions of all the ts that contribute about lfc. Not regularly, i am also of the many here.

U guys are an awesome bunch, always holding out for lfc. Some of the comments made were , in my opinion , pretty heart warming with the sincerest of opinions and care. I mean this thread alone has more that 16,000 hits.. And for whatever reasons good or bad.

I cannot imagine any other bpl clubs having a fan base doing the same, contributing to sports forum in any part of the world let alone asia.

Its so heartening to see and feel and even though we may not know each other personally except thru cyber space. For e.g, many people contributes on the post-mortem match play after each game, the previous fiasco on the yankee court case, the hog manager ( now u.k boss) and king kenny's issues.

I can go on and on but i reckon you guys catch the drift. Really guys, even our most mortal enemies may have a large fan bases here..they just dont have the passion ..like us.

The mere fact is that a lfc fan , i reckon will always remain one. Kudos to all of you here who want nothing but the best for this special club of ours. Clap ! Clap!

Ynwa

You'll Never Walk Alone :)

chochochang2
21-05-2012, 10:13 PM
to pass such a comment after spending only 6 month under a manager says something about the attitude of the player as well....

you are right,

hopefully if AVB gets the job, nothing of this sort happens :)

owen10
21-05-2012, 11:45 PM
seriously, not sure if AVB would be the right choice for Pool, after what happened to Chelsea. incredible how Chelsea's fortunes changed after RDM took over. their mental strength n self-beliefs seemed to grow with every match. dun wish to see another similar player-revolution at Pool.

hawksbay
22-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Before he went to Chelsea, AVB was 1 of the most sought after young manager with his high tempo attacking style of football with Porto...
He was originally tasked to rebuild Chelsea aging team, and he made some bold decision like sell Anelka / Alex and bench Lampard / Malouda / Drogba, of cos this didn't go down well with the group of star players in the team...
Towards the end of his stint, it was obvious that those old men played to get him sacked...
RDM came in, with his future uncertain, he had to achieve some instant result instead of building the team, so he put all these old men back to the team to make everybody happy and to get some instant success... and indeed he did it, won the FA Cup n CL...

I won't be too disappointed if we get AVB... though my 1st choice is Rafa... :D

in fact chelsea made a mistake by sacking AVB,they shd have let him get on with the job,cos then he wld wld have slowly phase out the old guard,which they actually brought him for(they wld have dominated IF THEY HAD LET HIM CONTINUE).chelsea will just be 5 th or 6 th plc teams for the nxt few seasons.most the players will be gone,so we have 1 club less to worry abt.hope pool owners get it right,if not rafa,avb will do.

hawksbay
22-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I have been reading up on many of the comments and opinions of all the TS that contribute about LFC. Not regularly, I am also of the many here.

U guys are an awesome bunch, always holding out for LFC. Some of the comments made were , in my opinion , pretty heart warming with the sincerest of opinions and care. i mean this thread alone has more that 16,000 hits.. and for whatever reasons good or bad.

I cannot imagine any other BPL clubs having a fan base doing the same, contributing to sports forum in any part of the world let alone Asia.

Its so heartening to see and feel and even though we may not know each other personally except thru cyber space. For e.g, many people contributes on the post-mortem match play after each game, the previous fiasco on the Yankee court case, the Hog Manager ( Now u.k boss) and King Kenny's issues.

I can go on and on but I reckon you guys catch the drift. really guys, even our most mortal enemies may have a large fan bases here..they just dont have the passion ..like us.

The mere fact is that a LFC fan , i reckon will always remain one. Kudos to all of you here who want nothing but the best for this special club of ours. Clap ! clap!

YNWA

16000 hits with over 300,000 views lol we don t just wear a replica jersey when our team wins,like sum:rolleyes:

rahl
22-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Not the same as he did not bad mouth over us as what FT did

Players like Fowler left us but in his heart he never left Liverpool

well said.

not so sure. even at chelsea, he had lost his pace and defenders had wizened up to his tricks. still a decent forward but it'd be a huge gamble taking him back now.

good point. we have a much younger team so maybe AVB is a suitable candidate?

rahl
22-05-2012, 08:13 AM

when he's played he's made carroll look like maradona.

Hurricane88
22-05-2012, 10:24 AM
hmm I'm not sure if Arsenal enter the UCL at play-off stage or group stage.

The only difference this year is that this is the first time all 4 English teams enter the group stage at the same time (with no play-off/qualifying stage), since Chelsea won the UCL and finished outside top 4 in the league.

Arsenal confirm qualify for qualifying stage this year because Chelsea, Man City and Man U qualify automatically to group stage...Arsenal needs to win in playoff before qualify for group stage...:)

chochochang2
22-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Arsenal confirm qualify for qualifying stage this year because Chelsea, Man City and Man U qualify automatically to group stage...Arsenal needs to win in playoff before qualify for group stage...:)

no bro, there will be 10 teams in the play-off stage (Arsenal not one of them):

6 confirmed teams
Malaga
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Udinese
Lille
Braga
Spartak Moscow

4 from the following 8
Dynamo Kyiv
Feyenoord
Fenerbahçe
Panathinaikos
Runners-up of 2011–12 Danish Superliga
Club Brugge
Vaslui
Motherwell

bochapsing
22-05-2012, 03:57 PM
in fact chelsea made a mistake by sacking AVB,they shd have let him get on with the job,cos then he wld wld have slowly phase out the old guard,which they actually brought him for(they wld have dominated IF THEY HAD LET HIM CONTINUE).chelsea will just be 5 th or 6 th plc teams for the nxt few seasons.most the players will be gone,so we have 1 club less to worry abt.hope pool owners get it right,if not rafa,avb will do.

as a rival team supporters / manager, i'ld love RDM to be given the job permanently... and keeps all his oldies in the team...
:D:D
Just like when RH was appointed our manager, all our rival managers esp. his buddy sir rednose came all out to support him...
:mad::mad:

Hurricane88
22-05-2012, 05:49 PM
no bro, there will be 10 teams in the play-off stage (Arsenal not one of them):

yes...Arsenal also qualify automatically for the group stage...:)

see here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Champions_League

Inter Milan missing in this coming CL campaign...can you believe it...also Lyon set to miss too...:)

chochochang2
22-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Inter Milan missing in this coming CL campaign...can you believe it...also Lyon set to miss too...:)

Yes, somehow I feel that the Champions League is incomplete without teams such as Inter Milan and Lyon (to name a few), which traditionally compete in it. Liverpool is another one :mad: :(

SamFaced
22-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes, somehow I feel that the Champions League is incomplete without teams such as Inter Milan and Lyon (to name a few), which traditionally compete in it. Liverpool is another one :mad: :(

Lets hope we will get back in there come 2014 ;0)...u guys remembered how we bcame a feared team in UCL after a long period of absence in e late 90s n early 2000s?...if i rembered it correctly ;0)

The Milk Man
23-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Lets hope we will get back in there come 2014 ;0)...u guys remembered how we bcame a feared team in UCL after a long period of absence in e late 90s n early 2000s?...if i rembered it correctly ;0)

That was after the stadium deaths incident when LFC were banned.... coincidentally during that period the manager was Kenny Dalgish.... maybe it's written in the stars that KD got no "yuan" with European football.

Xgenre
23-05-2012, 10:53 PM
maybe it's written in the stars that KD got no "yuan" with European football.

KD led us for our Europa League campaign.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
23-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Put it this way.

CL for Liverpool - a world-wide brand that virtually exist in all parts of the world is not an option but a minimum requirement ..

We basically generate more revenue than most clubs.
Last season performance was not realistic in any way.

Nevertheless, the season is over, kk has left..move on and see who will lead us next season better or worse we still never walk alone.

....recently read alot of news of so many rumored trfs to us ...not sure the next mgr will like them tough..has to get him in soon rather than later.

2centsworth
23-05-2012, 11:09 PM
http://mio.singtel.com/miotv/sorry.asp?gclid=CIPC3PfWlrACFU966wod4mVl4Q

A copy of SingTel's CEO Consumer Singapore, Mr Yuen Kuan Moon's letter sent to BPL customers who watched the finals on 13 May 2012.

On Sunday 13 May 2012, during the exciting final matches of this BPL season, many of our mio TV customers experienced viewing difficulties.

We are deeply sorry for the poor viewing experience. As sports fans ourselves, we fully understand your excitement and the anticipation for these matches. We regret letting you down on this important occasion. We are especially disappointed with this disruption since we have been actively focused on improving our system to provide the best quality of service to you.

We take this issue seriously and are taking significant steps so that a similar situation does not arise again. It is of utmost priority that our service lives up to the high standards you expect and deserve. We cannot recreate the excitement of last Sunday's matches for you, and we again apologise for your disappointment. We will be crediting a sum of $34.90, which is equivalent to a month's subscription of our current Sports Pack, into your bill for the month of June.

We would like to take this opportunity to share with you that in addition to the BPL, our Sports Pack customers will be able to enjoy top-notch La Liga football matches live and exclusive next season – at no additional cost. Furthermore, our unprecedented screening of the London 2012 Olympic Games over 13 channels from 27 July to 12 August will be complimentary to all mio TV customers.

We remain committed to providing the highest quality service to you and promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us. Thank you for your support and patience.

Sincerely,
Yuen Kuan Moon
Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Singapore

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-05-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18191006

It seems the sub-standard mgr is edging ever closer to joining us :eek:

Po Pi Po Pi

doppelherz
25-05-2012, 06:48 PM
just wanna wish everyone a Happy Istanbul Day!

it's been 7 years!

YNWA.

Ninja_Assassin
25-05-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18191006

It seems the sub-standard mgr is edging ever closer to joining us :eek:

Po Pi Po Pi

Looks like Wigan owner Dave Whelan is going all out to get rid of his manager by passing him to Liverpool. He has given the man 7 days to make his decision.

On the other hand AVB has confirmed he is considering both offers from Roma and Liverpool. He will only accept the offer if the club agrees to his "long-term planning" approach to rebuilding his own team.

Fans of Rafa Benitez has set up a website to support RB's desire to return to LFC. They have started a petition to John Henry to consider RB. RB himself has also sent an email to John Henry.

Fabio Capella has not ruled himself out from the Anfield vacancy although he is plumbing for the Chelsea seat. In an interview he has reportedly said that he wants to manage a club in the BPL. He is hoping that Chelsea will make him an offer but if that doesn't materialise, he will consider other offers including Liverpool.

All the others on the shortlist have rejected Liverpool's approach.

Regaine
25-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Looks like Wigan owner Dave Whelan is going all out to get rid of his manager by passing him to Liverpool. He has given the man 7 days to make his decision.

On the other hand AVB has confirmed he is considering both offers from Roma and Liverpool. He will only accept the offer if the club agrees to his "long-term planning" approach to rebuilding his own team.

Fans of Rafa Benitez has set up a website to support RB's desire to return to LFC. They have started a petition to John Henry to consider RB. RB himself has also sent an email to John Henry.

Fabio Capella has not ruled himself out from the Anfield vacancy although he is plumbing for the Chelsea seat. In an interview he has reportedly said that he wants to manage a club in the BPL. He is hoping that Chelsea will make him an offer but if that doesn't materialise, he will consider other offers including Liverpool.

All the others on the shortlist have rejected Liverpool's approach.

Whelan should just keep his big mouth shut. :mad:

Regaine
25-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Interesting deverlopment

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1078413/pep-guardiola-open-to-job-offers-this-summer?cc=4716

Guardiola open to job offersMay 25, 2012

Outgoing Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has given Liverpool and Chelsea hope by confirming he is open to approaches this summer.

Pep Guardiola: One of Europe's most gifted coaches
Guardiola will step down as Barcelona chief at the end of the season, and it was expected he would stay out of the game for at least a season in order to rest.

However, the Spanish boss, a reported target for the Anfield and Stamford Bridge clubs, has revealed he would be willing to return to football sooner than had been anticipated.

"For the next months I have to charge my batteries," he said. "I will rest and I will wait. I will be ready, if one club wants me, if they seduce me, I will train again."

Guardiola won three successive La Liga titles at Camp Nou, lifting the Champions League trophy in 2009 and 2011, as well as subsequently winning the FIFA Club World Cup on two occasions.

He revealed last month that he was to leave Barcelona, citing the stress-inducing pressures of the top job at one of the world's leading clubs. Assistant Tito Vilanova will take over from him next season.

Champions League winners Chelsea are expected to have a better chance than Liverpool of enticing Guardiola, with owner Roman Abramovich reportedly an admirer.

The Reds, who are in talks with Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, are likely to be keeping a keen eye on the situation, however.

Won't it be interesting if he comes to Liverpool . But the question will the owners have the money for him to buy the players he wants ?

Ninja_Assassin
25-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Whelan should just keep his big mouth shut. :mad:

If he dun make noise how is he going to dump his "talented" manager who can only fight relegation during his 2 seasons with them. :D

bochapsing
26-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Whelan should just keep his big mouth shut.

he's like giving a "live" commentary of the action... :mad::mad::mad:

doppelherz
26-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Whelan has always been a typical SkySports Fuckerson ass kisser.

that is why every year I hope Wigan get relegated.

Very very depressed to see Martinez edge closer to taking over, these last 3 years have been really difficult for us and I don't see it changing.

Martinez, nice bloke, prove me wrong please!

no no
26-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Martinez, nice bloke, prove me wrong please!

very unlikely that will happened, more drama awaiting to happened

SamFaced
26-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Interesting deverlopment

Guardiola open to job offersMay 25, 2012

Won't it be interesting if he comes to Liverpool . But the question will the owners have the money for him to buy the players he wants ?

Haha i knew his name would somehow crop up among the shortlists... But yeah... i doubt so such a magnificient gaffer would b in Liverpool colours..most probbly he would end up with Chelsea or worse still ManFuckers..
But hope is always there as Liverpool is a club with big tradition n history.. so lets hope that might sway his interest to Merseyside...
As for e players that he wants....hes got a proven record of buying n getting e most of most of e players under his care n so that might get e owners to to let him shop all he wants as im sure evrybody knows this chap knows what hes doing...unlike our previous gaffers who buys players like buying 4d...lots of tikam bola..some may hit but many more ended up being mis-hits...
Very anxiously waiting whos goin to b e next boss..;0)...my thoughts by order of possibilities
No 1) RB
No 2) AVB
No 3) Joachim Loew
No 10) Guardiola
No 100)Roberto Martinez ( haha...it is a real joke this guys name is hot among the shortlisted candidates )

DylanC
26-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Who are the current candidates?

- Rafa Benitez
- Andre Vilas-Boas
- Fabio Capello
- Louis Van Gaal
- Roberto Martinez
- Pep Guardiola

Any more?

hawksbay
26-05-2012, 09:49 AM
http://youtu.be/gxx_GnimG4s rafa bring him back:D

lugi
26-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Haha i knew his name would somehow crop up among the shortlists... But yeah... i doubt so such a magnificient gaffer would b in Liverpool colours..most probbly he would end up with Chelsea or worse still ManFuckers..
But hope is always there as Liverpool is a club with big tradition n history.. so lets hope that might sway his interest to Merseyside...

Let's hope that the Barca connection at Anfield will sway him..

Pep Segura, Rodolfo Borrell, Johan Cryuff (Director of Football?)...

It's good to dream...:p

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
26-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I still stand by my view that RM won't bring us anywhere up there again.
Sub-standard mgr won't become a good mgr in a short period.

On the other hand - i'm sure the owners and the board knows what they are doing, they are more business-minded and professional than all of us here that's why they are up there in the board and we are down below discussing everywhere.

They cannot be risking their revenue, reputation, investment,
..etc and allow Liverpool to go to the wrong direction again and go down further - must be some hidden recipe :p

Anyway if you let me choose RM or RB, i rather choose the 1st one :D

HonkyTonkyMan
26-05-2012, 12:46 PM
No 100)Roberto Martinez ( haha...it is a real joke this guys name is hot among the shortlisted candidates )

The fact that his name was even thrown in for consideration might serve as an insult to the other more "established" managers. For that alone they might not consider Liverpool offers.

sex crusader
26-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Save money to buy strikers! Seriously, established manager would want to join us? :eek:

HonkyTonkyMan
27-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I can't help but feel RM appt will have Hodgson written all over it again. Both managers led successful season based on their respective clubs expectation but not forgetting, Wigan and WBA expectation is not to get relegated. Are these really the type of manager that the team needs? As it is now, Liverpool is fast falling into the depth of being branded a mid level team and RM appt might just serve to accelerate the fall.

doppelherz
27-05-2012, 02:18 PM
if given the job, i think Martinez will do a better job than Hodgson, but not better than Kenny.
Hodgson had this horrible ego and was very deluded with his own ability. Martinez seems more humble and would at least be a likeable character with the players.

joew2005
27-05-2012, 09:38 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1079826/gary-caldwell:-roberto-martinez-deserves-liverpool-chance?cc=4716

Caldwell: Martinez deserves Reds chance
May 27, 2012

Wigan captain Gary Caldwell believes Roberto Martinez "has wat it takes" 2 be a worthy successor 2 Kenny Dalglish @ Liverpool & has backed his boss 2 take charge @ Anfield.

Martinez is favourite 2 land the Reds job aft holding talks with the club's owners Fenway Sports Group & the Spaniard is expected 2 make an announcement abt his future on Tuesday.

And should the Wigan boss choose 2 move 2 Merseyside, Caldwell insists no-1 in the Latics dressing-room would begrudge the decision.

"If the opportunity comes 2 go 2 Liverpool, u take it. We all understand tat. I'm sure he would take it," Caldwell told the Daily Star on Sunday.

"Roberto Martinez has a great future ahead of him. When u beat ManU, Liverpool & Arsenal in the space of a couple of weeks it gets u recognition & hype & he deserves it

"Nothing fazes him. He stays very calm. Having worked with alot of Scottish & British managers, u see the tea cups being thrown & stuff.

"But he's fr Spain & it's a different culture & mentality & he remains very calm. He has wat it takes 2 manage a club such as Liverpool. If tat big job comes now then he has 2 go & show he is good enough.

"Having worked with him & knowing his tactical awareness & the thought he puts into training, then who knows wat he could go on & achieve @ a big club like Liverpool with their resources? Only time will tell. We all live in the real world & u need an opportunity in life."

sex crusader
27-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I can't help but feel RM appt will have Hodgson written all over it again. Both managers led successful season based on their respective clubs expectation but not forgetting, Wigan and WBA expectation is not to get relegated. Are these really the type of manager that the team needs? As it is now, Liverpool is fast falling into the depth of being branded a mid level team and RM appt might just serve to accelerate the fall.

I just have to agree with you on this! If the club direction is this way...should throw money to appoint Roberto machini la! He won the league wor! :D

Belwins555
27-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Nowadays football is big money business. So whoever has the deepest pocket will be able to buy the best managers and best players to win trophies.

The Milk Man
27-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Who are the current candidates?

- Rafa Benitez
- Andre Vilas-Boas
- Fabio Capello
- Louis Van Gaal
- Roberto Martinez
- Pep Guardiola

Any more?

I believe Steve McMahon and Raddy Avramnovic have send in their applications too...... seriously that was the kopitiam talk when I was at the Hougang by elections celebrations :D

The Milk Man
27-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Caldwell: Martinez deserves Reds chance
May 27, 2012

Wigan captain Gary Caldwell believes Roberto Martinez "has wat it takes" 2 be a worthy successor 2 Kenny Dalglish @ Liverpool & has backed his boss 2 take charge @ Anfield.

Yeah..... and after RM becomes LFC manager..... Caldwell himself gets a fat paycheck by becoming RM's 1st signing to replace the aging JC. :D

SamFaced
28-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I believe Steve McMahon and Raddy Avramnovic have send in their applications too...... seriously that was the kopitiam talk when I was at the Hougang by elections celebrations :D

Haha... Cant help lauging about these thoughts but from e way things r going.. It could b possible... Raddy also won things when Sungapore football was at a very low pt... Macca has just turned a bunch of amateurs into decent footballers in spaer of 3 mnths and both also has very limited budget...mayb FSG will take a look at their CVs...haha ;0)

TitoVito
29-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Haha... Cant help lauging about these thoughts but from e way things r going.. It could b possible... Raddy also won things when Sungapore football was at a very low pt... Macca has just turned a bunch of amateurs into decent footballers in spaer of 3 mnths and both also has very limited budget...mayb FSG will take a look at their CVs...haha ;0)

Steve McMahon is not Macca.
Macca was the nickname of Steve McNanaman who is now doing very well in Hong Kong.

TitoVito
29-05-2012, 01:18 AM
that was the kopitiam talk when I was at the Hougang by elections celebrations :D

Ah Huat! Ah Huat! Ah Huat! Ah Huat! Workers Party all the way!!! :D

2centsworth
29-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Steve McMahon is not Macca.
Macca was the nickname of Steve McNanaman who is now doing very well in Hong Kong.

Disagree. Macca is a term used for people with Mac or Mc in their names. Even McAllister is Macca.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
29-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Macdonald also call macca :D

Ok jokes aside, wtf (who) is the nxt mgr for us...nnb...want wait till euros finish issit...vomit blood...have our club become so sub-standard tt no mgr wants to take us or the angmo owners thinking what is their budget to hire one :rolleyes:

SamFaced
29-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Yup2... Hv been waiting very anxiously ever since KK left.. Evryday read thru soccer news hopin to finally c whos the next gaffer...n still waiting..
FSG!!! U guys doin anythin or hv u guys forgotten u've got a club to run here in Merseyside?...

The Milk Man
29-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Yup2... Hv been waiting very anxiously ever since KK left.. Evryday read thru soccer news hopin to finally c whos the next gaffer...n still waiting..
FSG!!! U guys doin anythin or hv u guys forgotten u've got a club to run here in Merseyside?...

FSG has made an offer to RB....... they have to wait for his reply before they can make the next move....... deadline is by thursday (31/5/12). :)

SamFaced
29-05-2012, 11:04 AM
FSG has made an offer to RB....... they have to wait for his reply before they can make the next move....... deadline is by thursday (31/5/12). :)

What? RB as in Rafa Benitez or RM as in Roberto Martinez?....Did u typo bro MilkMan?.....:eek:

chochochang2
29-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Cole hoping for second chance

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081185/joe-cole-hoping-for-second-chance-at-liverpool?cc=4716

Dalglish sacking scuppered Diame deal

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081239/kenny-dalglish-sacking-scuppered-mohamed-diame%27s-liverpool-deal?cc=4716

owen10
29-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Dalglish sacking scuppered Diame deal

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081239/kenny-dalglish-sacking-scuppered-mohamed-diame%27s-liverpool-deal?cc=4716

im sure if Martinez becomes Pool's manager, this Diame would come crawling back!

is he that good? im sure there r better players in the mkt!

doppelherz
29-05-2012, 11:06 PM
a lot of rumors coming in that Brandon Rodgers is back in the frame to manage the club...

The Milk Man
30-05-2012, 02:30 AM
What? RB as in Rafa Benitez or RM as in Roberto Martinez?....Did u typo bro MilkMan?.....:eek:

I meant Robert Martinez...... typo mistake. :o

SamFaced
30-05-2012, 03:12 AM
I meant Robert Martinez...... typo mistake. :o

Awwww... Thats so un-exciting ;0(...thought u read somewhere RB was in serious contention...

joew2005
30-05-2012, 06:34 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081630/liverpool-to-reveal-new-manager-on-friday?cc=4716

Reds to reveal new manager on Friday
May 29, 2012

Liverpool plan 2 make the announcement of their new manager on Friday, ESPN understands. They hv whittled their list of candidates down 2 Wigan's Roberto Martinez & Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, aft a thorough search 4 the right man 2 replace Kenny Dalglish.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins met Rodgers on Tuesday 2 discuss his future @ the club, with Rodgers believed 2 be interested in discussing the Anfield job with the Reds' owners.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told ESPN tat his manager is back in England but he is yet to speak 2 him. Informed tat Liverpool r keen on Rodgers, Whelan said: "I hope they sign him but I hv not heard fr my manager yet."

Martinez had looked the clear fav 2 be named Liverpool manager but his concerns over the mooted appointment of Louis van Gaal as sporting director, & his expected control over transfers, hv swung a 2-horse race back 2wards Rodgers.

However, Jenkins has shown marked reluctance 2 even grant Rodgers permission 2 speak 2 Liverpool, whereas Whelan has fulfilled his pledge 2 Martinez 2 allow him 2 go 2 a big club, shld he wish 2 do so.

Amid growing speculation, Jenkins said of Rodgers on Monday: "We would like 2 confirm tat there has been no contact fr Liverpool & nothing has changed since our previous statement on the issue."

Fed up with the procrastinations of Liverpool, Whelan has given Martinez until Thursday 2 make his decision. Liverpool will take the next 48 hours 2 finalise their plans & an announcement is expected 2 be delivered on Friday.

no no
30-05-2012, 07:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/246438_446405958703615_219938921350321_1650580_294 779850_n.jpg

hardpen
30-05-2012, 10:17 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081630/liverpool-to-reveal-new-manager-on-friday?cc=4716

Reds to reveal new manager on Friday
May 29, 2012

Liverpool plan 2 make the announcement of their new manager on Friday, ESPN understands. They hv whittled their list of candidates down 2 Wigan's Roberto Martinez & Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, aft a thorough search 4 the right man 2 replace Kenny Dalglish.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins met Rodgers on Tuesday 2 discuss his future @ the club, with Rodgers believed 2 be interested in discussing the Anfield job with the Reds' owners.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told ESPN tat his manager is back in England but he is yet to speak 2 him. Informed tat Liverpool r keen on Rodgers, Whelan said: "I hope they sign him but I hv not heard fr my manager yet."

Martinez had looked the clear fav 2 be named Liverpool manager but his concerns over the mooted appointment of Louis van Gaal as sporting director, & his expected control over transfers, hv swung a 2-horse race back 2wards Rodgers.

However, Jenkins has shown marked reluctance 2 even grant Rodgers permission 2 speak 2 Liverpool, whereas Whelan has fulfilled his pledge 2 Martinez 2 allow him 2 go 2 a big club, shld he wish 2 do so.

Amid growing speculation, Jenkins said of Rodgers on Monday: "We would like 2 confirm tat there has been no contact fr Liverpool & nothing has changed since our previous statement on the issue."

Fed up with the procrastinations of Liverpool, Whelan has given Martinez until Thursday 2 make his decision. Liverpool will take the next 48 hours 2 finalise their plans & an announcement is expected 2 be delivered on Friday.

Guess that the Yankee owners have already decided on the new Liverpool mananger.

Hurricane88
30-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Guess that the Yankee owners have already decided on the new Liverpool mananger.

no matter who is the new manager...will still support...no choice...too old to change team liao...anyway good or not only time will tell...:)

sex crusader
30-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I Strongly believe that we will still be playing in the Europa league next season! Louis van garl should be made our next manager la. Liverpool want attacking football ma! Then dirk Kuyt can stay and maybe we can get RVP!:D

IBCBen
30-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Liverpool now only true player is Steven Gerrad. Rest are all disappointment

2centsworth
30-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Thought you guys might want to know. Craig Bellamy will be here this friday.

http://inagist.com/all/206997324055064576/

http://www.facebook.com/XleagueSg#!/photo.php?fbid=415809001773907&set=a.181086965246113.38303.168896079798535&type=1&theater

The event at Weston is a private event that costs $198. Hope you guys won't turn up only to be turned away.

musicforall
30-05-2012, 11:16 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1082351/liverpool-closing-in-on-swansea's-brendan-rodgers---reports?cc=4716

Swansea's boss..Brendan Rodgers..damn! if he's going to be the new LFC Manager.

Sigh..tot the yankees knew better. Martinez would be better/ Capello damn good but if Rodgers comes on board.. i shudder to think..6 months expiry date. Another 1 bites the dust.

2centsworth
30-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Swansea's boss..Brendan Rodgers..damn! if he's going to be the new LFC Manager.

He's the right man to lead us to the Championship.

By the way, the Championship is the league we will be playing after we get relegated.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
30-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Global brand, global presence...
What has actually happen to us..
Who the fuck going to join us with a substandard mgr leading the team..

Tough the league haven't started..I'm crossing my fingers on what's gonna happen..mannnn..

musicforall
30-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I reckon brendan is a yes man to the big time yankees. Dont think he's able to sign players of his choice. Got some fucker sits as the director of football.

If he's chosen , LFC is all doom and gloom. Probably another top 10 to top 15 placing. The guy wont be able to attract big time strikers from any part of the world.

Better we vote Jamie Carra to be the new manager. FUCK.. i m hoping common sense will prevail. :mad::mad:

2centsworth
31-05-2012, 12:01 AM
The Yankees are looking for a fall guy. If the club falters, it's convenient to blame the manager and sack the poor guy even when the scouting team signs sub-standard players. We blame Kenny Dalglish for spending $100 million pounds. Do we assign the same blame to Damiem Comolli?

lugi
31-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Seems like done deal.... http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3877/england/2012/05/30/3137303/liverpool-appoint-rodgers-as-new-manager-on-three-year-deal

KangTuo
31-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Seems like done deal.... http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3877/england/2012/05/30/3137303/liverpool-appoint-rodgers-as-new-manager-on-three-year-deal

i am still looking forward to next season...
who knows he is able to motivate and fire up the current team :)

mondaysingbet
31-05-2012, 12:29 AM
He can make it liverpool shal dominate again

♥stella

lugi
31-05-2012, 12:40 AM
i am still looking forward to next season...
who knows he is able to motivate and fire up the current team :)

I'm optimistic as well...

They can't do more badly than this season can they? :eek:

DavidShao
31-05-2012, 01:25 AM
have to pay 5million somemore:eek: We are the laughing stock now

SamFaced
31-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Despite e negative consensus from my fellow Reds bros here, Im givin this Brendan Rodgers guy a nod... I didnt really follow much of Swansea's matches but i thought they played decent n nice football... On the ground, passes and nice inter-plays especially when they drew with us at home last season...Hes definitely NOT a Roy Hodgison i believe...
Though he may not hv a track record to boast, he did decently well with Swnsea..so lets see n as usual HOPE we've got it right in management matters this time...

joew2005
31-05-2012, 06:17 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1082620/brendan-rodgers-talks-with-liverpool-confirmed?cc=4716

Rodgers Liverpool talks confirmed
May 30, 2012

Brendan Rodgers is set 2 become the new Liverpool manager in the next 24 hours, if compensation is agreed, Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has confirmed.

Rodgers, who exactly 1 year ago 2 the day won the Championship play-off final 2 reach the Premier League with Swansea, is expected to sign a 3-year deal @ Anfield.

Liverpool r expected 2 pay Swansea betw £4 million & £5 million in compensation aft securing the Northern Irishman's services.

Swansea chief Jenkins said: "I was contacted by Liverpool [on Tuesday] night & they expressed their wish 2 speak 2 Brendan regarding their vacancy.

"I had a discussion with Brendan 2 talk abt their interest & his views on whether he wanted 2 speak 2 Liverpool. He expressed his wish with me 2 do tat & he has spoken with Liverpool 2day.

"Following discussions with Liverpool's owners Brendan has informed us tat he would like 2 take up their offer 2 manage Liverpool. At the moment we r currently in talks with the owners 2 agree compensation. We r trying 2 finalise tat within the next 24 hours.

"Although we r very disappointed 2 lose such a talented, young British manager we did not wish 2 stand in his way."

"As always @ Swansea City, we 1 ppl working here who r fully committed 2 the task ahead. We wish Brendan every success in the future. We will always remain good friends & we thank him 4 all his hard work & passion @ tis football club over the past 2 years.

"We shall now refocus & quickly start the process of finding his replacement 2 continue the great work Brendan has carried out @ tis football club."

Rodgers guided Swansea, the 1st Welsh side 2 play in the Premier League, 2 an 11th-place finish aft being promoted thru the play-offs in 2011. It was not only tis record but the attractive passing style tat the Swans played with on their top flight debut tat impressed Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group.

Rodgers succeeds Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish as manager aft the Scot was sacked on May 16. Winning the League Cup & reaching the FA Cup final did not mitigate an 8th-placed finish in the league, 17 points adrift of the Champions League places.

Dalglish's last match in charge was a 1-0 defeat by Swansea, capping an impressive 1st top flight campaign 4 Rodgers. The 39-year-old was quickly in the frame 2 take over @ Anfield, but initially declined the opportunity 2 talk with FSG.

Liverpool instead turned their attention 2 Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, with chairman Dave Whelan @ 1 point suggesting he had been offered the job.

Both Liverpool & Martinez denied agreeing any deal, with the Reds insisting tat they were keen 2 approach Rodgers, Martinez's successor @ Swansea.

It remains 2 be seen exactly wat system Rodgers will work under @ Anfield as American owners FSG were keen 2 split the workload of former director of football Damien Comolli, who was sacked in April.

Dutchman Louis van Gaal emerged as the leading candidate 2 take a sporting director role but it is known both Martinez & Rodgers had expressed a desire 2 hv greater control of footballing affairs.

With their manager almost in place Henry & chairman Tom Werner, who will attended the Premier League's chairmen's meeting on Thursday, hv 2 decide whether tat structure can still work.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1082583/whelan:-martinez-staying-at-wigan?cc=4716

Whelan: Martinez staying at Wigan
May 30, 2012

Roberto Martinez will not be joining Liverpool or Aston Villa & will be backed in the transfer market aft opting 2 stay with Wigan, chairman Dave Whelan has told ESPN.

Martinez met with Liverpool owners FSG in America last week 2 discuss the vacancy @ Anfield but had reservations abt working under a director of football @ Anfield & returned 2 the UK on Tuesday, with no deal in place.

The Spaniard, who has also been linked with Villa despite rejecting an offer 2 manage the Midlands club @ the start of last season, met Latics owner Whelan 4 talks on Thursday & was promised investment in the squad.

"Roberto is staying with us & I've agreed 2 his request 2 up our spending on youth development & training facilities," Whelan told ESPN.

"And that's going 2 be pretty costly as I hv agreed 2 a full-sized indoor pitch & tat will cost £1.5 million. Roberto's very keen on tat aspect of the club.

"I hv also agreed with him 2 bring in 3 or 4 new players".

Martinez, 38, will continue @ the DW Stadium with no amendments 2 his current deal as he moves into the 2nd year of his contract.

Whelan went on 2 give an insight in2 Liverpool's recruitment process & explained why he thought Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, rather than his own manager Martinez, is set 4 the post.

The Wigan boss told ESPN: "They set down their rules on how they saw the role & the way they wanted the team run & tat was not the way Roberto would do it.

"Roberto has his own way of doing things but they r American owners who hv their own ideas of how it should be done. They r entitled 2 1 2 do it their way & Liverpool r a big club so I can see why Brendan Rodgers has opted 2 go there & good luck 2 him he's a fine coach.

"But I don't think Swansea r going 2 be 2 pleased; they lost Roberto 2 us & they were none 2 happy abt tat & now they hv lost Brendan so I imagine they will be even more unhappy right now."

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
31-05-2012, 09:24 AM
I would love to swallow my words about the new mgr..but he is definitely not going to have us in the top 4 for the time being which is bad because football is really commercial now instant success is mandatory to move ahead.

Rebuilding is bullshit because other clubs are going to move ahead of you when u rebuild and start from scratch..and it's gonna be tough to overtake them again ...

SamFaced
31-05-2012, 10:04 AM
It is painfully true what u said above bro... But we are Liverpool... The pride of Merseyside... I believe in keepin the faith... Instant success would do us wonders but what if we are to be able to take on the big boys again...the feat would be even more sweeter with our not so Mega- rich owners...
Unfortunately, i am a guy who hates instant success in football... Thats why i wont ever support Chelsea or Man City ( unless if they are to meet ManFuckers)...i hate Real Madrid n e list goes on...i hope with this new guy at e helm, we can at least play our football like Arsenal n of course win trophies like Barca ;0)...
Lets start to luv our new man at the helm.. Mr Brendan Roddddgersss...

2centsworth
31-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Read that Brendan Rodgers was Chelsea's reserve team manager during Jose Mourinho's time. Swansea is an interesting club. They hired Roberto Martinez previously. When RM left for Wigan, Swansea replaced him with Brendan Rodgers. We are subsequently linked with both of them so we might as well employ whoever selects the managers at Swansea.

doppelherz
31-05-2012, 12:02 PM
on one hand, Rodgers might be out of his depth to manage a team like Liverpool with the expectations that come with the club.

On the other hand, Swansea played some of the best football in the whole of Europe with "average players".
If the team supports the gaffer and plays the beautiful game Swansea did, hey we might actually do really well under Rodgers!

HonkyTonkyMan
31-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Brendan who? Omg hate to say it but things has sunk so low for the team that only Championship calibre managers are the only one willing to discuss terms. So what if he had a good season with Swansea, my god 11th place is considered well done in their report book. But compared it against what Pool achieved 8th place and that was a disaster. The difference in expectation. Like they said one swallow doesn't make a summer. So again I see the top management making the same mistake along the same line as Hodgson previous tenure. One good season doesn't make a good manager.

musicforall
31-05-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/05/30/brendan-rodgers-leaves-swansea-post-liverpool-fc-manager-deal-imminent-100252-31080513/

Is this the demise of the Great LFC ? or the start of a New Revolution?

I need my bottle of scotch now . Sigh!

Gazing into my glass ball , 6 months max. 10th place if we are lucky. Dooms Day.

Hurricane88
31-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Pls give the new mgr a chance...Brendan Rodgers...hope he can be a miracle success...god bless LFC...YNWA...:)

rahl
31-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Despite e negative consensus from my fellow Reds bros here, Im givin this Brendan Rodgers guy a nod...

Pls give the new mgr a chance...Brendan Rodgers...hope he can be a miracle success...god bless LFC...YNWA...:)

Nice guys, im with you.

DavidShao
31-05-2012, 08:20 PM
to be honest, when I first heard that we are linked with rodgers and martinez, I though it's a replacement for Steve Clarke

outside from the premier league, i'm wondering if any of the top stars heard of rodgers? you can imagine what sort of players rodgers can attract

amen

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/05/30/brendan-rodgers-leaves-swansea-post-liverpool-fc-manager-deal-imminent-100252-31080513/

Is this the demise of the Great LFC ? or the start of a New Revolution?

I need my bottle of scotch now . Sigh!

Gazing into my glass ball , 6 months max. 10th place if we are lucky. Dooms Day.

IBCBen
31-05-2012, 08:55 PM
to be honest, when I first heard that we are linked with rodgers and martinez, I though it's a replacement for Steve Clarke

outside from the premier league, i'm wondering if any of the top stars heard of rodgers? you can imagine what sort of players rodgers can attract

amen

Liverpool might be relegated next seasons ....

doppelherz
31-05-2012, 09:17 PM
compensation agreed between Liverpool and Swansea.

Welcome to the Kop Mr. Rodgers.

I hope he can bring his passing style to Liverpool.
I hope Sigurdsson follows Rodgers to Liverpool as well!

Regaine
31-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Liverpool now only true player is Steven Gerrad. Rest are all disappointment

You are wrong . We still have JC , CB , DK , PR , Skertel , Agger & LS .

Regaine
31-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Nice guys, im with you.

I am also willing to give the new manager a chance as well. The way he did with Swansea was a miralce. But I do pity him though . He will be inheriting a set of problems left by KD.He should be given a full say in the transfer market. Who comes in and who goes .

Liverpool close in on Rodgers May 31, 2012

Liverpool have agreed a compensation package with Swansea to take manager Brendan Rodgers to Anfield as Kenny Dalglish's successor.

Brendan Rodgers has headed out of the Swansea exit to take the Liverpool job

Rodgers, along with three members of his backroom staff - believed to be Colin Pascoe, Chris Davies and Glenn Driscoll - will leave the Liberty Stadium to take control of Liverpool after a reported £5 million deal was struck.

The former Reading and Watford boss, who managed in the Premier League for the first time this season after taking Swansea up from the Championship, has won many admirers for his team's style of football.

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group are among those to have sat up and taken notice of Rodgers and he will now take on the biggest job of his career to date as he attempts to transform the league fortunes of a club that has not won the title since 1990.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins confirmed that a deal was close on Wednesday: "I was contacted by Liverpool [on Tuesday] night and they expressed their wish to speak to Brendan regarding their vacancy.

"I had a discussion with Brendan to talk about their interest and his views on whether he wanted to speak to Liverpool. He expressed his wish with me to do that and he has spoken with Liverpool today.

"Following discussions with Liverpool's owners Brendan has informed us that he would like to take up their offer to manage Liverpool. At the moment we are currently in talks with the owners to agree compensation. We are trying to finalise that within the next 24 hours.

"Although we are very disappointed to lose such a talented, young British manager we did not wish to stand in his way."

"As always at Swansea City, we want people working here who are fully committed to the task ahead. We wish Brendan every success in the future. We will always remain good friends and we thank him for all his hard work and passion at this football club over the past two years.

"We shall now refocus and quickly start the process of finding his replacement to continue the great work Brendan has carried out at this football club."

Liverpool won the Carling Cup in 2011-12 under Kenny Dalglish, their first trophy in six years, but it was not enough for the club's ambitious owners, who sacked the Anfield icon after they only finished 8th in the Premier League.

Rodgers arrives having guided Swansea, the first Welsh side to play in the Premier League, to an 11th-place finish after being promoted through the play-offs in 2011.

The Northern Irishman will now be consulted on the identity of a new sporting director, which might mean ditching plans to appoint Louis van Gaal in the role, designed to split the workload of former director of football Damien Comolli, who was sacked in April.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1083203/liverpool-close-on-rodgers-after-compensation-agreed-with-swansea?cc=4716

Regaine
31-05-2012, 10:13 PM

I really hope that he can turn around the fortunes of our club for next season.

Profile of Mr Brendan Rogers

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/manager/_/id/189/brendan--rodgers?cc=4716

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
31-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Oh well...it's confirm now...

Since its the case, let's just continue sarporting our beloved club...

You'll never walk alone...;)

lugi
31-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Brendan will be good for Liverpool in the long term...

I want to see Pool play better... and improve on last season...

With 2 Spanish reserve team coaches training our young lads in the Barca way.. Brendan should be seen promoting some of these talented lads into the first team... Let's see Suso, Sterling, Morgan and Eccleston and Coady in action for the first team in some matches next season...

YNWA:)

SamFaced
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Oh well...it's confirm now...

Since its the case, let's just continue sarporting our beloved club...

You'll never walk alone...;)

Yeah man.. Thats e Merseyside spirit.. You are never guilty before any judgement has been made...i hope u guys get what i mean...
Pool fans will never pass any negativities on any gaffer till we are dead sure hes really e wrong man at e helm...
With avg players he can bring a championship side to 11th...with Pool, im sure Rodgie can bring us up there challenging for e league title..of course, as always...we hv to b patient...we waited 20 yrs already..why not juz a season or 2 more.. ;o)

The Milk Man
01-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Read that Brendan Rodgers was Chelsea's reserve team manager during Jose Mourinho's time. Swansea is an interesting club. They hired Roberto Martinez previously. When RM left for Wigan, Swansea replaced him with Brendan Rodgers. We are subsequently linked with both of them so we might as well employ whoever selects the managers at Swansea.

Brendan was not the reserve team manager...... he was in charge of Chelsea's YOUTH team....... and wanna know how Ayre knew so much about him? Because he was recommended to Ayre by Steve Clarke :)

The Milk Man
01-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Brendan who? Omg hate to say it but things has sunk so low for the team that only Championship calibre managers are the only one willing to discuss terms.

I dun agree with this statement..... unless you consider Rafa Benitez, Andre Villas Boa & Pep Guardiola as mediocre managers..... it was FSG that did not want to give chance to the big names but choose instead to go with RM & BR.... RB sent in an application..... AVB became interested after he knew he was on the shortlist...... PG was prepared to sacrifice his 1-year break when his brother (LS's agent) informed him LFC were enquiring about him......

Why did FSG choose BR when these heavyweight managers were available and interested? Only time will tell. :)

The Milk Man
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM

A bit too late liao...... Sigurdsson just penned a new contract with the Swans. :)

The Milk Man
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Brendan will be good for Liverpool in the long term...

I want to see Pool play better... and improve on last season...

With 2 Spanish reserve team coaches training our young lads in the Barca way.. Brendan should be seen promoting some of these talented lads into the first team... Let's see Suso, Sterling, Morgan and Eccleston and Coady in action for the first team in some matches next season...

YNWA:)

BR will not have a free hand to do as he wishes..... he has 3 bosses to report to...... The Director of Football post is being broken up into 3 areas.......
Post A) to deal with scouting / transfers of players;
Post B) to handle the administration and day-to-day operations;
Post C) an "ambassador" to liase with others in the soccer fraternity on matters that involve the club.

BR has to work with these 3 managers. :rolleyes:

qw2op
01-06-2012, 12:31 AM
his task ahead is tuff ... hopefully, he gets goot backroom staffs n sporting director ... @ ze moment, he can oni look 4 mostly value-4-moni buys ...

klopp was a flop b4 he joined dortmund ... shankly was frankly not impressif b4 he signed 4 liverpool ... younger managers haf potential but got no trophies 2 show ... liverpool is looking 4 ze longer term ...

guardiola inherited a top class team @ barca ... klopp won ze title league 4 dortmund oni after 3 yrs ... shankly got liverpool promoted 2 1st division after same no of yrs ... any immediate success achieved by brendan is a celebration ...

me din watch nor follow swansea matches, so dun really noe much about his style ... but he looks 2 me 2 b of tuff material ... somehow me c sum resemblance in his looks wif shankly ... :eek:

The Milk Man
01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Remember Bill Shankly?

Before he took over as Liverpool manager...... which famous clubs did he manage? ........ NONE!

All he had was the experience of managing ONE small club in the lower division....... but he went to to make Liverpool FC into one of the top clubs in the country. :)

History has a habit of repeating itself...... let's hope Brendan Rodgers is the coming of Bill Shankly the 2nd. :D

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 12:41 AM
just another update, Rodgers will be bringing in 3 of his own coaching staff from Swansea.

If I am not wrong, one or two or all from Chelsea too. Looks like our club becoming a place for Chelsea ex staff.

musicforall
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18285289

Thats the bbc version.

Still no official word from LFC or the official website.

Small time manager trying to get legendary status..thats the way i see it. If Brendan can do it..we will all HAIL him as the New Messiah.

I just dont get it on why the yanks opted for this bloke. Probably the most competitive price manager on board, young chap, able to swallow shit from the owners.

We want success, for sure..but clearly from now..its going to take some time.

I reckon in a couple of hours time..the OFFICIAL announcement will be heard from Anfield and all the crap prepared by their Marketing / P.R Dept.

God be with us for this long and hard journey.

rahl
01-06-2012, 01:08 AM
I am also willing to give the new manager a chance as well. The way he did with Swansea was a miralce. But I do pity him though . He will be inheriting a set of problems left by KD.He should be given a full say in the transfer market. Who comes in and who goes .

not many managers have the luxury of getting a clean slate. but from what i have read, rodgers is good in man-management and our players desperately need a lift after hitting the woodwork donkey times last season.

his tactics are not bad too.

there are articles around on his tactics which are worth reading.

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 01:19 AM
news just in that Henderson will be going to the Euros. I hope that means no Olympics for him and longer rest!

never been an England fan but I hope our lads do well, especially Carroll!

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Never had the habit to always quote someone's post but...

..who in the world says that the top mgr who wins the top lgs and cup like PG and others will be interested to manage Liverpool :rolleyes:
They may be available but I'm quite sure all of them is going to give this position a miss..

..how we anyone compare the era of Shankly with the era now...it's like you are saying police last time wear short pants and why do they wear long ones now.
The world is evolving, the money invested and thrown in is more than 100 -1000 folds now..it nv about commitment anymore.

Long term goals are for substandard team who will always be in the 8-15 position every season and ambitious clubs will always be up there just like us previously before the owners of city and Chelsea took over them and did the right thing.

Brining JM to chel was a freaking gamble like Boas but he won it in his 1st season and then for the nxt 3 after throwing millions and millions...

Long term....this will nv succeed in this era...pls don't bring up history again...it degrade what has been done years ago..

Nxt season top 5 is more or less cfm in my dictionary...and I know top players will leave but avg players will come in...
And did someone mentioned that Rogers made an avg team of swans looks good last season...this is Liverpool ..a global brand which has win 17 lg titles ...avg team :eek:

Fuck..the 4 jugs of beers made me ....talkative

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 01:29 AM
this is Liverpool ..a global brand which has win 17 lg titles

yes that statement alone makes me think you have had too much to drink, should get some rest bro ;)

klopp was a flop b4 he joined dortmund

even Rafa has been relegated before as a manager

musicforall
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
AND THE WORD ..WAS MADE FLESH !

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/7789242/Reds-set-to-confirm-Rodgers

:(

sex crusader
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Europa league if the goal post is widen for next season!:rolleyes:

superbeat
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
we the fans of liverpool,
for years no glory feel like fools,
when we will be great and rule ?
once again be feared and be so cool .... :(

2centsworth
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Brendan was not the reserve team manager...... he was in charge of Chelsea's YOUTH team.......

He was Chelsea's Youth team coach and then he was promoted to Chelsea's Reserve Team manager. His career path is reported in today's Straits Times.

Hurricane88
01-06-2012, 12:11 PM
today espn news said that BR dun wan a director of football...he wan full control...think FSG agreed...:)

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 12:18 PM
today espn news said that BR dun wan a director of football...he wan full control...think FSG agreed...:)

yup they did agree.
I am glad they are giving Rodgers full control, I never saw the point to appoint a DOF.

musicforall
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Mourinho has given his endorsement and blessings to LFC..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4349574/Jose-Mourinho-says-new-Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-is-special.html

Maybe there's really some hope now or else he wouldnt say it.

Make it happen..MR B.

YNWA :p

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/

and fuck the Sun is all I have to add to that ;)

chochochang2
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
would love to see Brendan Rodgers step it up and manage Liverpool well, so he has my full support :)

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
and it's confirmed...

press conference happening now as I type
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/brendan-rodgers-named-lfc-boss

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/68515/1/watch-skysportsnews.html Live stream if anyone interested.

Live on Mio TV , ESPN news too.

NZL97
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
i think john aldridge is right in saying that brendan rodgers is a breadth of fresh air & we can see that managers like harry rednapp & alan pardew were managing relegation threatened teams before getting their chance at managing one of the big clubs, n look at how spurs & newcastle were transformed recently into top 4 teams..........so BR could be the one to transform liverpool............but having said that, it still depends on how much transfer funds he is getting from the owners, if not it is still going to be very difficult for him to improve the team & ultimately it is going to be fans like us who suffer.............lets hope for the best...............YNWA

chochochang2
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Just watched the live press conference where Brendan Rodgers was officially unveiled as Liverpool's new manager..

Let's all be optimistic and give him our support :)

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Just watched the live press conference where Brendan Rodgers was officially unveiled as Liverpool's new manager..

Let's all be optimistic and give him our support :)

he knows attractive passing football, for that alone he has my full backing.

We have a good squad who just underachieved in the league.
With full potential, we can challenge for top 4 at least and hopefully Mr Rodgers can bring the best out of them.

He gave me a very good impression too from the way he presented himself at the press conference.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Ok finally the search is over and the new mgr is here..

Saw a piece of interesting fact from BBC today..

Rogers last game at ex-club Swansea is a win against Liverpool
Shankly last game at ex-club Huddersfield is a win against Liverpool.

They both managed Liverpool afterthat and the latter became a legend thereafter. (ya I never believed in history tough)

Hope Rogers has the same impact (......or so)......

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
he knows attractive passing football, for that alone he has my full backing.

We have a good squad who just underachieved in the league.
With full potential, we can challenge for top 4 at least and hopefully Mr Rodgers can bring the best out of them.

He gave me a very good impression too from the way he presented himself at the press conference.

Hope to see 4-3-3 and even 1 goal up to close the games than to sit back.
Do we even have the quality of the players currently anyways :eek:

doppelherz
01-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Hope to see 4-3-3 and even 1 goal up to close the games than to sit back.
Do we even have the quality of the players currently anyways :eek:

people may disagree with me, but I strongly believe Joe Cole and Aquilani can help the club on the pitch if we do not decide to spend money in the transfer market.

Rumor is Gylfi Sigurdsson is on his way too, a HUGE improvement from Charlie Adam.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
people may disagree with me, but I strongly believe Joe Cole and Aquilani can help the club on the pitch if we do not decide to spend money in the transfer market.

Rumor is Gylfi Sigurdsson is on his way too, a HUGE improvement from Charlie Adam.

To be honest..I rate cole and AQ highly..
Pace from cole and vision (lack strength) from Aqua man is what we need now.
Aqua is like Alonso but we didn't give him much time tough from ex-mgr.

Hope they prove their worth this yr under Rogers.

Can play LS, cole and bellars up there with Stevie aqua and henderson (let's see how he adapt to new mgr role) behind..

joew2005
02-06-2012, 09:40 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1083839/brendan-rodgers:-rebuilding-for-a-title-challenge-begins-today-?cc=4716

Rodgers: Title bid begins today
June 1, 2012

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has stated his ambition 2 rebuild the squad 4 a Premier League title challenge aft becoming the 18th manager in the club's history.

Rodgers was unveiled @ Anfield on Friday, aft Liverpool reached agreement with former club Swansea City over compensation, & immediately laid out his intention 2 uphold the traditions of the club & rebuild the squad 2 make it capable of challenging 4 the Premier League title.

"Tis is a long-term job," Rodgers said. "I 1 2 defend the principles of tis football club, which is attacking football with tactical discipline.

"It's been almost 20 years since they won the title - being realistic, we might not be ready now, but the process [2wards tat] begins 2day."

Rodgers admitted he was "very proud" 2 become only the 2nd Northern Irishman 2 manage Liverpool, & revealed tat - although he initially rejected the chance 2 interview 4 the post - 1s it became clear tat he was the 1st-choice of the Liverpool hierarchy it was not a difficult decision 4 him 2 leave Swansea.

"I always said I would only leave Swansea 4 a top club, but I would hv 2 be the No. 1 choice," he noted. "At tat time I was part of a process so I was happy 2 stay @ Swansea, but then they came in again & I was tat 1st target.

"1s I knew I was tat No. 1 target, it was quite an easy decision."

Rodgers is only 39, but dismissed any suggestions tat he might be 2 inexperienced 4 the role - citing the 1st spell in charge of his predecessor, Kenny Dalglish, who took over as player-manager when just 34 & went on 2 lead the club 2 multiple league & FA Cup victories.

"I may be young in age, but I hv experience in terms of the game," he noted. "Footballers r footballers - they 1 2 learn & 1 2 be educated, & tat's wat I've done throughout my career."

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner, who introduced Rodgers 2 the media, underlined the qualities tat led the club 2 appoint the former Reading manager.

"He is a forward-thinking coach @ the forefront of a new generation of managers, & he will bring 2 Liverpool a style of relentless attacking football," Werner said.

"I believe the supporters will immediately embrace Rodgers based on his attacking principles. He is an enormously intelligent man, & his dedication 4 improvement & commitment 4 coaching impressed us.

"Brendan was the only manager we made an offer 2. He was our 1st choice, & our best choice."

joew2005
03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1084793/tom-werner:-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-has-time?cc=4716

Werner: Rodgers has time
June 2, 2012

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner has stressed tat new manager Brendan Rodgers is not under pressure 2 deliver immediate success @ Anfield.

Rodgers was unveiled as Liverpool's new boss on Friday, succeeding Reds legend Kenny Dalglish aft the Scot paid the price 4 poor Premier League form @ home.

During his 1st press conference, 4mer Swansea coach Rodgers outlined his ambitious plans on Merseyside but made it clear that he saw the project as long-term - & Werner has echoed those sentiments.

"We hv a great confidence in Brendan," Werner told the club's official website. "We don't expect immediate results overnite, we expect steady improvement. He is going 2 be implementing a new tact 4 the team.

"It may take a little time 2 implement tat but we r very confident tat he will bring us the success tat we all r looking 4.

"When we came in our goal was 2 be the best team in England, not just the top 4, 2 compete with the best teams in Europe. We believe tat Brendan's philosophy & his tactics will bring us there.

"We hv no set target 4 when 2 do tat, we've always looked 4 slow & measured improvement & we believe tat we will be more successful going 4ward, not just tis year but in the future."

Werner also spoke of ex manager Dalglish, adding: "I 1 2 pay a great debt of thanks 2 Kenny.

"Kenny is the heart & soul of tis club, he provided us with great stability @ a time when we needed it & so I 1 2 pay tribute 2 a man who I consider 2 be a great football player & a great friend."

HonkyTonkyMan
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I dun agree with this statement..... unless you consider Rafa Benitez, Andre Villas Boa & Pep Guardiola as mediocre managers..... it was FSG that did not want to give chance to the big names but choose instead to go with RM & BR.... RB sent in an application..... AVB became interested after he knew he was on the shortlist...... PG was prepared to sacrifice his 1-year break when his brother (LS's agent) informed him LFC were enquiring about him......

Why did FSG choose BR when these heavyweight managers were available and interested? Only time will tell. :)

All the more one can't help but wonder why they would want to settle for Brendan and even Martinez initially when these managers with proven pedigrees has shown their interest. RB perhaps his past haunts the new management but the other two...definitely as a employer i would want to look for the best there is and they definitely has a more illustrious credential then Brendan. Perhaps the price is not right which brings us back to how much financial resources can the management accord to the new manager to rebuild the team. Honestly speaking, money talks i hate to admit it but it has been proven by the success of Chelsea and Man City.

doppelherz
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Liverpool FC turns 120 years old today.

Here's to another 120 years!

YNWA

lugi
03-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Informative article on the Tiki Taka approach of our new gaffer...
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-barca-and-tiki-taka

chochochang2
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I just heard news that Fenerbahce just signed Dirk Kuyt on a 3 year deal.. :(

not too sure about the exact details though..

naemlo
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I just heard news that Fenerbahce just signed Dirk Kuyt on a 3 year deal.. :(

not too sure about the exact details though..

It is confirmed.

bochapsing
03-06-2012, 10:33 PM
It is confirmed.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kuyt-agrees-fenerbahce-deal

hate to see him go.... :(:(:(

1 of my fav player in current squad...

a big match player, and had scored many important n memorable goals for us....

thot he may stay after KD was sacked, would like to see him under our new manager...

thank you and wish u all the best and hope u always has Liverpool in ur heart... YNWA.....

bochapsing
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
recieved my DHL delivery of 2012/13 home kit...

simply love it...!!! :D:D:D

owen10
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kuyt-agrees-fenerbahce-deal

hate to see him go....

a big match player, and had scored many important n memorable goals for us....

thot he may stay after KD was sacked, would like to see him under our new manager...

thank you and wish u all the best and hope u always has Liverpool in ur heart... YNWA.....

Not my fav player but one whom I appreciate - always d unsung hero who does all d dirty work, run tirelessly (hence nicknamed 'energizer rabbit'), create chances n score a few critical goals when we needed him.

I feel Kuyt should have at least anthr 1 or 2 years of good football left to offer at Anfield. Kinda sad he did not give Rodgers a chance ... maybe it was alr pre-planned when KD took over. Well, at least Im glad he didnt leave to join a fellow EPL team.

How much did u pay bro, all in incl shipping? U shd have brought it to Courts to have it signed by Bellamy n 'God'.

Hurricane88
03-06-2012, 11:09 PM

nice ha...really???

doppelherz
03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
with regards to Kuyt, the fee agreed apparently is in the region of 1-2 million.

Just wanna say congrats to Martin Kelly as well for being the 6th Liverpool player called up for England Euro 2012 squad.

I must say I am pleased to hear that Rodgers will be holding talks with Aquilani and Cole!

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Just wanna say congrats to Martin Kelly as well for being the 6th Liverpool player called up for England Euro 2012 squad...

That's the most from a single club isnt it :rolleyes:
Not bad for a team lying in 8th place...
or we should say other clubs have much much more foreign talent :eek:

bochapsing
03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
How much did u pay bro, all in incl shipping? U shd have brought it to Courts to have it signed by Bellamy n 'God'.

GBP45 + GBP15 delivery cost.. including a free t-shirt.. :D:D:D

owen10
03-06-2012, 11:48 PM
GBP45 + GBP15 delivery cost.. including a free t-shirt.. :D:D:D

Not a bad deal bro. Round off ~SGD100. Guess shops in Peninsula would be pricing it SGD85-90? Importantly u have exclusivity to wear d jersey in S'pore first .. doubt many in S'pore would be donning d jersey now. :D

joew2005
04-06-2012, 03:49 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1085383/liverpool's-brendan-rodgers-may-swoop-for-gylfi-sigurdsson?cc=4716

Rodgers may swoop for Sigurdsson
June 3, 2012

New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has hinted he could make a move 2 sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, who looked destined 2 seal a permanent deal @ his former club Swansea City.

Sigurdsson, 22, enjoyed an impressive loan spell @ Swansea tis season & the Welsh club announced tis week they hv agreed a fee 2 land the midfielder fr Hoffenheim.

The deal, though, is yet 2 be rubber-stamped, & Rodgers, who was appointed as Reds boss on Friday, has suggested he could look 2 bring the Iceland international 2 Anfield.

Rodgers cannot sign any Swansea players for 12 months, courtesy of an agreement struck during his switch fr the Welsh club 2 Liverpool. However, he is ready 2 pounce 4 Sigurdsson if the player pulls out of his move 2 the Liberty Stadium.

"Gylfi came 2 Swansea becos I was there as manager & his scoring record was fantastic," he told various Sunday newspapers.

"I pushed the club 2 make an agreement [2 sign Sigurdsson permanently] & they did tat in terms of the fee - & agreed the salary. So I hv said 2 Huw: 'I'm not going 2 do anything untoward. Tis is a guy u 1, but it is down 2 Gylfi'.

"If he comes on the market I hv 2 be interested. He knows tat I rate his qualities & abilities.

"I said 2 Huw: 'If I speak 2 the kid I'll tell him 2 speak 2 the new manager, whoever tat is'. But if he's not comfortable with tat, he's in the market place then - & I hv 2 look @ him."

rahl
04-06-2012, 08:07 AM
hate to see him go.... :(:(:(

All the best to Kuyt. Now we can look forward to a new striker/winger.

hardpen
04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Bye bye Kuyt . Sad to see you go though . Many thanks for your contributions to Liverpool FC

doppelherz
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Not a bad deal bro. Round off ~SGD100. Guess shops in Peninsula would be pricing it SGD85-90? Importantly u have exclusivity to wear d jersey in S'pore first .. doubt many in S'pore would be donning d jersey now. :D

the new kit has been selling here since June 1st, hence Bellamy's purpose to visit SG to launch it.

Pix of the away kit can be found here for those interested.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-unveil-new-away-strip

As for Kuyt, rumor is his replacement could be Dempsey. or maybe just lazy journalism considering Dempsey has been mentioned for many seasons now.
4 million seems a price worth a gamble.

Ninja_Assassin
04-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Mustafa is selling for $129.90 but I did not dare to buy from them coz the jerseys look similar to those that I saw in BKK last friday selling at only 350baht. I regretted not buying them back then in BKK.

Ninja_Assassin
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
All the best to Kuyt. Now we can look forward to a new striker/winger.

Brendan Rodgers teams dun place emphasis on wingers, he favours players who can "play" the ball (excellent passing skills + ball control). I dun see any future for players like Downing or Bellamy under Rodgers. :)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/is-this-how-lfc-will-play-video

Possesion play?
Damn, are we going to get the goals in not :eek:
England defends will knock your feet off the ground if you pass too much..more suitable for spanish or Italian i would feel..

doppelherz
04-06-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/is-this-how-lfc-will-play-video

Possesion play?
Damn, are we going to get the goals in not :eek:
England defends will knock your feet off the ground if you pass too much..more suitable for spanish or Italian i would feel..

it worked for Swansea for most of their games and I believe we have a better squad. Players like Henderson and Aquilani will flourish with these sorta tactics.

Brendan Rodgers teams dun place emphasis on wingers, he favours players who can "play" the ball (excellent passing skills + ball control). I dun see any future for players like Downing or Bellamy under Rodgers. :)

Downing and Bellamy will fit in very well in a Rodger's 4-3-3 like how Dyer and Sinclair did for Swansea.
Someone like Adam will irritate Rodgers, a player who can never keep possession or pass the ball right.

sex crusader
04-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Well done! Martin kelly is in the England squad!Now the England team looks like a liverpool team!:eek:

Lone_Wolf
05-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Well done! Martin kelly is in the England squad!Now the England team looks like a liverpool team!:eek:

Practically all the english players in the Liverpool 1st team have been called up into the England team except for Spearing & Carragher. :confused:

Maybe Roy Hodgson has something to prove? :rolleyes:

hawksbay
05-06-2012, 01:42 AM
it worked for Swansea for most of their games and I believe we have a better squad. Players like Henderson and Aquilani will flourish with these sorta tactics.

Downing and Bellamy will fit in very well in a Rodger's 4-3-3 like how Dyer and Sinclair did for Swansea.
Someone like Adam will irritate Rodgers, a player who can never keep possession or pass the ball right.

dam they made 34 passes before they got a cross into the penalty box,another 14 passes b4 conceding a freekick.oh well lets see,its all good keeping the ball,if i were the opposition i wld just pull eveyone back and let them keep the ball in thier own half,they can pass till the cows come home,no penetration means no goals,how many did swansea score last season?

achilles39
05-06-2012, 05:14 AM
http://youtu.be/f4ADNSq7fy0 can t believe that hes gone,still had so much to offer.:o

sex crusader
05-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Practically all the english players in the Liverpool 1st team have been called up into the England team except for Spearing & Carragher. :confused:

Maybe Roy Hodgson has something to prove? :rolleyes:

This I have to agree with you! Maybe hodgson's Luck is better with the pole! Euro's goal post should be international standard one hor?:D

rahl
05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
dam they made 34 passes before they got a cross into the penalty box,another 14 passes b4 conceding a freekick.oh well lets see,its all good keeping the ball,if i were the opposition i wld just pull eveyone back and let them keep the ball in thier own half,they can pass till the cows come home,no penetration means no goals,how many did swansea score last season?

thats why tactics become important, creating triangles of pass, which is something we have not been good at.

its about player intelligence which is not what many of our players have, e.g. downing.

doppelherz
05-06-2012, 06:46 PM
thats why tactics become important, creating triangles of pass, which is something we have not been good at.

its about player intelligence which is not what many of our players have, e.g. downing.

agree about the intelligence of the game.
If you ask me, I think Lucas,Gerrard,Henderson and Aquilani have that intelligence Rodgers would appreciate. Oh and of course Suarez.
Many keep saying we need a 20 goal striker, I think Suarez can do the job now that he has 1 and a half seasons under his belt.

doppelherz
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
finally someone has put that Manc loving cunt Dave Whelan in his place.

Good one Ian Ayre!

Fuck I hope Wigan get relegated, so sick of Whelan

IAN AYRE has laughed off claims from Dave Whelan that Roberto Martinez was offered the Liverpool FC manager’s job.

And the Reds’ managing director has hit out at the Wigan Athletic chairman, claiming his constant comments to the media throughout the Reds’ fortnight-long search for Kenny Dalglish’s successor had been “unprofessional” and “disappointing”.

Liverpool confirmed the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager on a three-year contract on Friday, with Ayre insisting the former Swansea City boss had always been the club’s number one choice.

This came after Fenway Sports Group, the Reds’ owners, had held preliminary talks with Latics boss Martinez, having been given permission to do so by Whelan.

“Our aim from the outset was to conduct a proper, thorough, search, and do it in the proper manner,” said Ayre.

“From our point of view, we did all the right things. We approached the clubs we needed to approach, and conducted ourselves properly at all times.

“It is disappointing, then, that Dave Whelan felt the need to run the kind of sideshow he conducted via Sky Sports News and various other media outlets.

“To be honest, I always thought John Bishop was the biggest comedian in the north west, but Dave Whelan seems to have taken that mantle over the last couple of weeks!”

Ayre was particularly irked Whelan’s suggestions that a formal offer had been made to 38-year-old Martinez.

“That is patently not true,” he said. “It is important to understand that we ran a proper search to find a new manager, and that part of that involved us speaking to a number of candidates.

“We make no secret of the fact we spoke with Roberto Martinez, but that is all we did. He is a great guy, and I can’t speak highly enough of his professionalism and conduct.

“But for his chairman to make suggestions like he has, and suggestions that just aren’t true, well it is disappointing to say the least. We can say with absolute certainty that the only person who was made any offer by Liverpool Football Club is Brendan Rodgers.”

Rodgers made an impressive start to life at Anfield, speaking openly about his plans for the club at his press conference.

And Ayre is in no doubt that the Reds’ extensive search has left them with the right man in charge.

“What was important was that both of us understand each other’s philosophy,” he added. “They have to be aligned.

“We couldn’t base (the appointment) on what we had seen and heard, we had to sit down and have discussions, face to face. Once we did that, and once we realised how closely our philosophies matched, there was an easy decision to make.

“Both Tom (Werner, chairman) and I were at the Premier League conference last week, and when we saw the honours board, and Liverpool’s absence from it, it really hit home.

“As a fan, as well as managing director, I am excited to take this club forward in a new direction, with a new philosophy, and hopefully to new success.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/06/05/ian-ayre-denies-liverpool-fc-offered-roberto-martinez-manager-s-job-100252-31113431/#ixzz1wu7KxK4R

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
If you ask me, I think Lucas,Gerrard,Henderson and Aquilani have that intelligence Rodgers would appreciate. Oh and of course Suarez.
Many keep saying we need a 20 goal striker, I think Suarez can do the job now that he has 1 and a half seasons under his belt.

We need a out and out striker like god and Owen to finish end of the day..
Hope to sign one of that calibre to partner AC ..(I hate to mentioned him) but hope he perform better under Rogers like Lucas change drastically under Kenny..

joew2005
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1086952/lille-confirm-joe-cole-will-return-to-liverpool?cc=4716

Cole will return to Liverpool
June 5, 2012

Lille boss Rudi Garcia has confirmed Joe Cole is 2 return 2 Liverpool.

Cole, 30, joined Liverpool on a free transfer fr Chelsea 2 years ago during Roy Hodgson's time in charge but struggled 2 make an impression during his debut season @ Anfield & was allowed 2 spend last season on loan @ Lille.

However, new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers had indicated in an interview tis weekend tat he would consider bringing Cole - who is keen 2 prove himself @ Liverpool - back 2 the club. "I know Joe well fr my time @ Chelsea & he's a wonderful talent," Rodgers told talkSPORT.

Garcia has now announced tat Rodgers has decided tat Cole will be part of his plans 4 next season.

"Joe Cole will stay @ Liverpool," he told Canal+. "The new staff hv decided 2 keep him. We will remember him very fondly as a player but also as a man."

Rodgers had also revealed @ the weekend tat Alberto Aquilani, who has spent the season on loan @ AC Milan, may yet hv a future @ Anfield.

"I thought he was a really, really good player," Rodgers said. "Obviously he came 2 Liverpool & it didn't work out & he's gone back [2 Italy] on loan. He's a wonderful talent, a terrific player. He might just not be able 2 settle, he might not be able 2 adapt 2 the country, so you've got all those issues & obviously sometimes you're not aware of tat until u speak 2 them."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1081185/joe-cole-hoping-for-second-chance-at-liverpool?cc=4716

Cole hoping 4 2nd chance
May 29, 2012

Joe Cole is keen 2 restore his reputation @ Anfield by making a return 2 Liverpool next season following a loan spell @ Lille.

Cole played himself back into form @ the French club during the 2011-12 campaign, making 20 league starts as Lille finished 3rd in the table. Tat was a welcome boost aft his 1st year with Liverpool did not go 2 plan: he was nowhere near his best, & marginalised following the appointment of Kenny Dalglish.

Lille r keen 2 keep him @ the club, esp if Eden Hazard makes his expected exit over the coming weeks, but there is a chance Cole could be back in the 1st-team picture @ Liverpool when they appoint a successor 2 Dalglish.

And Cole, who missed out on selection 4 England's Euro 2012 squad, is keeping his options open.

"I've been a success @ West Ham, a success @ Chelsea," Cole told Sky Sports. "I've moved 2 another country in France & had a good season. It's just tat season @ Liverpool & I would love 2 hv a chance 2 put it right, if that's wat they wanted."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1077490/ac-milan-won't-take-alberto-aquilani-deal-at-set-liverpool-price?cc=4716

Milan won't take up Aquilani deal
May 23, 2012

Liverpool will hv 2 renegotiate with AC Milan if they r 2 sell Alberto Aquilani tis summer.

Aquilani joined Milan on loan last summer with a clause inserted in the deal tat he would automatically move 2 the San Siro permanently 4 €8 million (£6.4 million) shld he make 25 appearances.

But Aquilani failed 2 make a great impact with Milan, who finished 2nd 2 Juventus, making 14 starts in Serie A. With substitute games only counting 4 half an appearance point the 27-year-old failed 2 reach the threshold 2 trigger the full transfer.

Milan still hv the option 2 action the transfer 4 the same amount b4 the end of the month, but vice president Adriano Galliani has stated they will not be pursuing the deal @ tat price.

"We will not use our option 2 buy Aquilani b4 May 31," Galliani said. "We will re-open talks with Liverpool in June, though."

Galliani also revealed the club will not be signing another loanee in Maxi Lopez: "We r satisfied with wat he has done, but we will not sign him. Maxi will return 2 Catania."

He also denied an interest in ManC Aleksandar Kolarov.

lugi
05-06-2012, 11:27 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1086952/lille-confirm-joe-cole-will-return-to-liverpool?cc=4716

Nice to know that the new gaffer thinks well of Joe and Aquaman... these 2 guys can play it on the ground... it's going to be really interesting who will be left out in the midfield.. especially if Sigurdsson joins as well...

DavidShao
06-06-2012, 12:21 AM
bro, you certainly know your football!

rahl
06-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Not sure why Henderson has underperformed so badly that even he has criticised himself for being too conservative. If it's Kenny putting more defensive responsibilities on him. Disappointed that he didn't get into the box more or link up with the attack more frequently. Anyway hope to see more of the lad in attack next season.

bochapsing
06-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Not sure why Henderson has underperformed so badly that even he has criticised himself for being too conservative. If it's Kenny putting more defensive responsibilities on him. Disappointed that he didn't get into the box more or link up with the attack more frequently. Anyway hope to see more of the lad in attack next season.

i think henderson and aquaman will fit nicely into BR's style of play...

i think he had underperformed last season mainly because he was often played out of position (he's never a right winger/ midfielder), and when he had the chance of playing or drift into the middle, he tends to make safety first passes...

maybe because of presence of Stevie?? if u r a young rookie in a team as hugh as liverpool and playing along the captain, arguably 1 of the best midfielder, u'll naturally tends to simply give the ball to him and let him make the play

rahl
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
maybe because of presence of Stevie?? if u r a young rookie in a team as hugh as liverpool and playing along the captain, arguably 1 of the best midfielder, u'll naturally tends to simply give the ball to him and let him make the play

Yea but Stevie was missing for large parts of the season.

And one word: Jonjo. To me, he is the future star of the midfield. He plays with no fear and runs the game like he is the captain. Hendo needs to take a leaf out of his attitude.

rahl
06-06-2012, 07:03 PM
so telling, who Rodgers didn't mention:

“For a start, there’s a world class goalkeeper,” he said. “I really like Pepe Reina, he came through at Barcelona so he will know straight away the identity of this way I would like to bring in and the principles of the game. Defensively, they’ve been reasonably strong throughout the season. You’ve got Glen Johnson who can be the world’s best right-back, he can bomb, he can run, he can serve the ball and he’s quick. I know Glen from my time before. You’ve got Enrique who will only get better. At Newcastle he was fantastic and for big parts of last season he’s done great.

“You’ve got your two centre-halves, Skrtel and Agger, who’ve done well. You’ve got a legend in Jamie Carragher who will always provide great challenge and motivation for the group. What an absolutely phenomenal player he’s been here. Then there are other players in the team like Suarez who is a talent and who scores goals, great goals, Then you’ve got Steven Gerrard who when he’s fit he’s the ultimate.”

Along with the excitement and the conspicuous passion, though, comes an acceptance that he is going to have to enter the transfer market to move Liverpool closer to where he and his new employers want them to be. He is also aware that his philosophies will need to be underpinned by a zealous work ethic and a sense of absolute collectivism if they are to stand a chance of having the desired effect.

“There are some big talented players here but there is no doubt that to get the team to play how I want to play I'll need to bring in other players,” he admitted. “No question. To play the offensive, attacking football we did at Swansea we had to make changes in terms of recruitment.

doppelherz
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM

I wouldn't read too much into his comments so far.
I am surprised he din mention Carroll cos he terrorised Swansea's defence on the last day of the season.

This interview here has been analysed by paranoid fans and has already divided some on their opinion of Rodgers especially the "shop window" comments

Brendan was giving a talk in Northern Ireland, and I'd already paid weeks ago, so I thought I'd go down anyway. If only for some sort of closure. I've transcribed the Q&A - and tried to put it in some sort of order (ie the first question he had was who is he planning on signing for Liverpool).

Was it hard for you to leave Swansea?
Of course it was hard. Of course it was. I've grown to truly love not only the team I had, but the city and the people of the city. They treated me well when I was there, and I believe I did the same for them.

So why did you leave?
I've always said - always - that I'm not the type to chase money. That wasn't a factor in my decision. I've always outlined that I have a career plan, and Liverpool is my next step in that. They're a step to the overall goal.

What is the overall goal?
If I told you that I'd have to kill you!
No, really, it's no secret. I want to win things. I suppose every manager does. I believe I can do that with Liverpool, or at least give myself the platform to show that I'm capable of doing that. That's the thing, even just being at a club like Liverpool gives you the platform to show what you can do. You have greater exposure. It puts you in the shop window so to speak, rather than in the warehouse.

What attracted you to Liverpool
It's the shop window, as I said. When I was with Watford I was the same manager I was with Swansea. Maybe a few less wrinkles! Being at Swansea - in the Premier League - was a platform. Being at Liverpool is an even bigger platform. They're a great, historical club.

What do you think you're capable of achieving with Liverpool?
I think I'm capable of giving the team a defined style of play, that they've lacked for a couple of years really. You look at teams like Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham even Stoke, Swansea - you know how they play, and more importantly they know how they play. I don't know what's gone on before I came here, but it's football management at it's most basic. That will be the first thing I look to implement.

What players are you looking forward to working with?
All of them. I know that sounds like a cop out answer, but it's true. There's a danger when you start elevating one player's importance above the others. You've seen that in the England National team and you even saw that at Liverpool last year, which I won't get into.

What style of play will you be looking to use?
I don't consider it a style of play. It's an ethos. We'll be looking to play with our brains, not our hearts. Intelligence is key for me. Ball retention, team play - nobody looking to be a hero. It goes back to elevating one player. You look at Barcelona, and even Messi is fighting for the team - not for himself. Football is very much a team game, and anybody who doesn't realise that will not play for me. That's one thing that's not negotiable for me.

Can you ever see yourself coming back to Swansea?
Swansea will always have a place in my heart

Regaine
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM

“For a start, there’s a world class goalkeeper,” he said. “I really like Pepe Reina, he came through at Barcelona so he will know straight away the identity of this way I would like to bring in and the principles of the game. Defensively, they’ve been reasonably strong throughout the season. You’ve got Glen Johnson who can be the world’s best right-back, he can bomb, he can run, he can serve the ball and he’s quick. I know Glen from my time before. You’ve got Enrique who will only get better. At Newcastle he was fantastic and for big parts of last season he’s done great.

“You’ve got your two centre-halves, Skrtel and Agger, who’ve done well. You’ve got a legend in Jamie Carragher who will always provide great challenge and motivation for the group. What an absolutely phenomenal player he’s been here. Then there are other players in the team like Suarez who is a talent and who scores goals, great goals, Then you’ve got Steven Gerrard who when he’s fit he’s the ultimate.”

Along with the excitement and the conspicuous passion, though, comes an acceptance that he is going to have to enter the transfer market to move Liverpool closer to where he and his new employers want them to be. He is also aware that his philosophies will need to be underpinned by a zealous work ethic and a sense of absolute collectivism if they are to stand a chance of having the desired effect.

Not surprise by his statements so far. All new managers that come in usually do not want to inherit the previous manager's players. I am sure he knows very well who are the players in Liverpool that can play very well and thos who cannot play at all . what I am surprised is that he did not mention LS and CB and Maxi names.

I am really excited by his vision that he has for Liverpool . Hope that he can really bring the glory days back to Liverpool once more. Having said that really hope that he can beef up the squad as we are playing in the Eroupa League next year.Would like to see him got a couple of good strikers and a good midfielder .

We still need to beef up our defence just in case if Agger or Skertel got injured . Where can we get our funds ? well we can sell off AC , Downing and Adam for a start .

rahl
07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I am surprised he din mention Carroll cos he terrorised Swansea's defence on the last day of the season.

He did - he said he will help take the pressure off Andy - and all the players - by taking responsibility as a manager. Nice.

what I am surprised is that he did not mention LS and CB and Maxi names.

I am really excited by his vision that he has for Liverpool . Hope that he can really bring the glory days back to Liverpool once more. Having said that really hope that he can beef up the squad as we are playing in the Eroupa League next year.

Yup, he mentioned a lot of names in defence and midfield, but few attackers (he did mention Suarez IIRC). It's quite clear though he paid tribute to the quality of the squad, he is going to bring in new players, possibly attackers.

Bellars will fit well into the system, as will Adam I think.

I find it interesting that the key holding mid in his system is not necessarily a hard tackler a la Essien or Mascher. Barca don't have someone like that eh? It's more about positioning in defence and spreading the ball in attack. Lucas can do that very well.

Hurricane88
07-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't read too much into his comments so far.

This interview here has been analysed by paranoid fans and has already divided some on their opinion of Rodgers especially the "shop window" comments

Was it hard for you to leave Swansea?
Of course it was hard. Of course it was. I've grown to truly love not only the team I had, but the city and the people of the city. They treated me well when I was there, and I believe I did the same for them.

tell me which manager will not consider liverpool when the opportunity comes...sure Brendan Rodgers will be keen...will treat this interview as rubbish...all managers will have to say nice things when facing the camera and press...:)

doppelherz
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
tell me which manager will not consider liverpool when the opportunity comes...sure Brendan Rodgers will be keen...will treat this interview as rubbish...all managers will have to say nice things when facing the camera and press...:)

its very PR and he is saying the right things but what angered some fans is that he said Liverpool will expose him to better jobs.
Sounds like he is using this job for his main goal, I don't mind as long as he brings glory to us!

Hurricane88
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
its very PR and he is saying the right things but what angered some fans is that he said Liverpool will expose him to better jobs.
Sounds like he is using this job for his main goal, I don't mind as long as he brings glory to us!

see all this yet to be proven managers are like that...they hope they can get other jobs when they are being successful...RB haven't manage another club yet after liverpool...the experience is simply different...:)

Sir Alex set the history at MU...JM can pick and choose which club he wish to manage...PG will have hard time finding a right club after Barca...AVB proved that he still not so good after Porto...CA too haven't manage another club after AC Milan and Chelsea...many more examples...:)

doppelherz
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
CA too haven't manage another club after AC Milan and Chelsea...many more examples...:)
He has been PSG coach since 2011, if you mean Ancelotti.

2centsworth
07-06-2012, 05:07 PM
RB haven't manage another club yet after liverpool...the experience is simply different...:)

RB managed Inter after Liverpool.

Hurricane88
07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
He has been PSG coach since 2011, if you mean Ancelotti.

oh is it?...thank you for correcting...:)

Hurricane88
07-06-2012, 05:12 PM
RB managed Inter after Liverpool.

hey yes...and only half a season...after that nothing and now still living in liverpool...:)

rahl
07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
hey yes...and only half a season...after that nothing and now still living in liverpool...:)

you don't remember what he said about the Chelsea job ;)

sex crusader
07-06-2012, 11:54 PM
In rafa we trust!:rolleyes: still.......???????:rolleyes:

2centsworth
08-06-2012, 12:01 AM

Rafa in the Champions league. He could have done a Di Matteo and won Chelsea the Champions League too.

rahl
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Rafa in the Champions league. He could have done a Di Matteo and won Chelsea the Champions League too.

Don't think the old guard at Chelsea will like to change to fit his system to be honest.

lonesome1
08-06-2012, 12:21 PM

What that fat spanish waiter said?

Xgenre
10-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Bought my jersey at SGD $80 at Weston. Our jerseys are selling really well. It's not a dri-fit kind of jersey though. For the guys who had bought it last week, this new jersey needs to be ironed right? I can't remember when was the last time I need to iron a jersey. Love the 96 at the back of the jersey.

Whoever designed the Man U jersey is a genius. For years, the common term for these fans is 'Manure'. Now, not only are they known as Manure, these fans will actually look like SHIT when they wear the jersey. The away jersey actually can look worse than the home jersey.

What that fat spanish waiter said?

Don't call him the fat spanish waiter please. He deserves more respect from us for what he has done for us.

Hurricane88
10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
haha...Holland played like Liverpool...creating plenty of chances but not scoring and hitting woodwork...lost the game to Denmark in Euro 2012 opener...:)

2centsworth
10-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Holland played like Liverpool...creating plenty of chances but not scoring and hitting woodwork...lost the game to Denmark in Euro 2012 opener...:)

Funny how your description can be used for Portugal too. The Portuguese should have won 3-1. Portugal played like us more! Portugal has a shot that didn't completely clear the line (think of our final cup against Chelsea).

DavidShao
10-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Don't call him the fat spanish waiter please. He deserves more respect from us for what he has done for us.[/QUOTE]

Respect you!!!

chochochang2
10-06-2012, 07:50 PM
so far, only 1 Liverpool player has played in the Euros after 4 games.

Daniel Agger played well against Holland.. Not sure if Holland were wasteful or Denmark were lucky, but end of the day it was a clean sheet for Agger and his country :)

anyone saw the picture of him embracing Dirk Kuyt after the game? Really touched that even though Kuyt has left Liverpool for Fenerbahce, they still remain as good friends..

sex crusader
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM
haha...Holland played like Liverpool...creating plenty of chances but not scoring and hitting woodwork...lost the game to Denmark in Euro 2012 opener...:)

That's why i purposely stayed up to catch this game!:D Agger was solid !if they have played Kuyt earlier instead of the Botak Robbin, the orange would have scored! Why Huntaller don't join us? He is good wor! Let's see what our previous striker can do tonite!:rolleyes:

Hurricane88
10-06-2012, 11:19 PM
That's why i purposely stayed up to catch this game!:D Agger was solid !if they have played Kuyt earlier instead of the Botak Robbin, the orange would have scored! Why Huntaller don't join us? He is good wor! Let's see what our previous striker can do tonite!:rolleyes:

let me make a bold prediction...spain will not win tonight...:)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
10-06-2012, 11:27 PM
let me make a bold prediction...spain will not win tonight...:)

I'm a Italy supporter since the early 80s till now even tough they are not the powerhouse as they used to be..same goes for my Liverpool.

Loyalty stands..even the 1st 11 is Liverpool players playing for Spain.. :D

Just hope that my hatred player balotelli who starts tonight don't go crazy :eek:

Hurricane88
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm a Italy supporter since the early 80s till now even tough they are not the powerhouse as they used to be..same goes for my Liverpool.

Loyalty stands..even the 1st 11 is Liverpool players playing for Spain.. :D

Just hope that my hatred player balotelli who starts tonight don't go crazy :eek:

haha...i dun support Italy...my bold precition is base on spain wear red....and so will not win...:)

u noticed no red shirt won any game so far...orange consider red...:)

sex crusader
11-06-2012, 12:47 AM
The Italian is good!

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
11-06-2012, 12:49 AM
The Italian is good!

They are keeping a timebomb on that city fucker..better sub him before we play with 10men..

Idiot...

doppelherz
11-06-2012, 02:00 AM
If only Balotelli behaves himself...
Despite his bad moments, he had Ramos in his back pocket. Giovinco was more useless.

As an Italy fan, I am happy with the performance, should have won though.

Maggio, Marchisio and De Rossi were immense!

2centsworth
11-06-2012, 08:09 PM
http://hereisthecity.com/2012/06/11/will-adam-morgan-be-part-of-the-liverpool-first-team-set-up-next/

Read the article, watch the video. Who knows? For a young liverpool player to be compared to Fowler, that's exciting.

lugi
11-06-2012, 10:52 PM
http://hereisthecity.com/2012/06/11/will-adam-morgan-be-part-of-the-liverpool-first-team-set-up-next/

Read the article, watch the video. Who knows? For a young liverpool player to be compared to Fowler, that's exciting.

Hope BR has a 'develop the youth' policy.... if Suso can put on some body mass, I hope to see him in action too.. some of his passes are Xabi-que...:D

owen10
11-06-2012, 11:05 PM

nice article. but im quite disappointed with the quality of our youngsters in recent years ... rembr how le tellac n pongolle were highly touted ... neil mellor was good for only a few matches (remembered his stunner agt Gunners) .. pachecho, spearing, kelly, flanagan are decent but not outstanding.

love d good old days in d Fowler era which besides him, we had stars like Owen, McManamman, redknapp fr our academy who could all step into any of the top teams in EPL.

2centsworth
11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Hope BR has a 'develop the youth' policy.... if Suso can put on some body mass, I hope to see him in action too..

It would be great to see home grown talent. Here in Singapore, we don't get as much news about up and coming talent from the Academy, which is why I highlighted the article. Hope he does well.

nice article. but im quite disappointed with the quality of our youngsters in recent years ... love d good old days in d Fowler era which besides him, we had stars like Owen, McManamman, redknapp fr our academy who could all step into any of the top teams in EPL.

Bro, those were in the early days of the EPL. I remember Fowler missing sitters and tripping on the ball as he was dribbling. Doubt youngsters these days will be given as much time to develop.

I was watching a recent documentary that details the 20th anniversary of the EPL. The EPL was partly set up to reverse the talent drain in the league. This is partly due to the 5 year ban from 1986-1990 for British clubs in European competitions due to the Heysel tragedy. Back then, top players like Rush, Gazza, David Platt were playing overseas. The top talent of Holland, Italy, Germany seldom play in the First Division. British players were given more time to develop.

With the subsequent success of the EPL, European talent soon flooded the EPL and British talent in the top clubs aren't given as much time to develop. Actually, I think Mellor could have made it if we had given him more playing time. Mellor can't be worse than Voronin right? His scoring record in the Reserves was impressive. Both Danny Murphy and Stephen Warnock continue to feature regularly in the EPL. I thought Murphy was good. After he left, it's like we had a gap in the right midfielder slot which we tried to solve with several players like Nunez, Gonzales, Kewell and finally chose a striker (Kuyt) to fill in the gap. How come we will sell Murphy in the first place? Murphy was combining well with Cisse in pre-season before Murphy was sold.

chochochang2
12-06-2012, 12:36 AM
England leads France 1-0! Who else but Gerrard who assisted Lescott from a direct free kick :D

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
12-06-2012, 12:40 AM
England leads France 1-0! Who else but Gerrard who assisted Lescott from a direct free kick :D

I'm sure they will lose 3 in a row :rolleyes:

Hurricane88
12-06-2012, 12:54 AM

so far man city players are scoring...Lescott for England and Nasri for France..Joe Hart also Man City played well...but the goal was partially blocked by defenders so he cannot see...:)

2centsworth
12-06-2012, 01:03 AM
I think the French will win. England is too slow and static to play soak and strike. Ashley Cole is almost non-existent. The right winger for France is dangerous. Hope to see Carroll playing at some point in time. I think he will bully the French centrebacks into making a mistake.

One more thing, we are linked to Kalou of Chelsea, who is on a free transfer and Adam Johnson of Man City. It's difficult to get transfer news now on Soccernet so I surf www.newsnow.co.uk. Not bad, summarises the news for you. Read with a huge dose of salt though.